PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft or Everquest 2?

juna
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:23 AM
So I just got finshed playing FFXI and I want to jump on another masive multi and I want to know which one you guys like more.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 06-16-2005, 08:47 PM
From what I've heard WOW is better then Everquest. Blizzard usually tends to get things right so there probably the the better bet. I haven't played either and refused to. Honestly a $15 dollar a monththly bill is a bit to much for me to stomach no matter how much new content is provided.

Motteh
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:29 PM
never played, or will play Everquest 2
cause i didn't like 1
and WoW is alright
Blizzard started of real bad with lots of lag and downtime
but it's a first for them too so they're learning pretty fast and have seriously reduced the downtime and the lag
so i'd say take a shot a WoW you might just like it

ES
Fri, 06-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Id say WoW, they update as often as well as place new stuff such as their own version of King of the hill sort of like Arena. Havent played both but I do know someone who played WoW, and also IMO since it's Everquest...expect tonds of Griefers out there....

Nai
Fri, 06-17-2005, 05:21 AM
To be honest, I consider the games pretty much equal. Equally shitty, that is. Neither of them impressed me much, but to be fair, EverQuest 2 did manage to hold my attention slightly longer than WoW. Mainly due to the decent community. WoW's community on the other hand is the MMORPG garbage heap.

I'd recommend you either wait for Vanguard ( http://www.vanguardsoh.com/ ) or if you really need an MMORPG this year give City of Villains ( http://www.cityofvillains.com/ ) a chance.

Hoooowever, if you REALLY need World of WarCraft or EverQuest 2, go with World of WarCraft if you prefer PvPing with retards or go EverQuest 2 if you prefer PvEing ( altho I hear PvP will be added ) with carebears. Neither of these games are worth it in the end, tho.

Jessper
Fri, 06-17-2005, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by: ES
IMO since it's Everquest...expect tonds of Griefers out there....

lol, what? I never had a problem with griefers when I played, probably just a bad personal experience.

Also, alot of people are being mad at blizzard for the large amounts of time between patches (www.patchtimer.org) and alot of people swore to never play a sony product again so they hate EQ2 with out playing it(though I didn't stick with it too long when I did play it)

All in all it comes down to preference, millions of subscribers pay blizzard monthly so at least a fair amount of people are into it. EQ2 seems to be more a niche market (though a fairly large one at 200k subscribers IIRC) though this doesn't really help the decision unless you base it on how many other people are playing.

If you have a friend or something with accounts on either then I would test the games and see if you like the feel on either of them and go from there. Failing that you could resort to the numbers.

For my personal opinion I liked EQ2 better than WOW (Yes, I did play both) though I didn't stick with EQ2 for more than 6 months because I got addicted to a couple of other games.

ES
Fri, 06-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Not mt personal experience but a freind of mine. I guess I exagerated a bit, my apologies but afterall it is stil EQ2.

Kopiok
Sat, 06-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Get Guild Wars instead. You'll be happy you did. >_>

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 06-19-2005, 12:34 AM
It's blizzard they almost never fuck up. They have a nearly flawless track record. Warcraft 3 is still one of my favorite games of all time. Hell I'd be playing it right now if it weren't for the fact I'm to lazy to reinstall it on my comp. Two things that are stopping me from going for WOW is simply because of the monthly fee, and if I go in I may never return.

ES
Sun, 06-19-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by: Kopiok
Get Guild Wars instead. You'll be happy you did. >_>

Already did... ^_^ have a guild and whatnots...

BTW, im getting WoW anyways in about 16 hours after this posted was edited...im still gonna play GW but not as much since im getting WoW..hopefully no regrets...

XwingRob
Sun, 06-19-2005, 12:18 PM
WOW is a really good game. Though I don't play it at the moment.

It would be even better for me if it was World of Starcraft though, cause I like scifi more. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Edit: And stay away from the official forums, there full of retards.(No offense to the ones that are trying to be good posters on that board)

Motteh
Thu, 06-23-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
WOW is a really good game. Though I don't play it at the moment.

It would be even better for me if it was World of Starcraft though, cause I like scifi more.

Edit: And stay away from the official forums, there full of retards.(No offense to the ones that are trying to be good posters on that board)

i agree with Xwing on this matter, too many whiners on the official boards, they simply overwhelm the serious ones out there
you should especially stay away from the boards if there happens to be extended maintenance or an emergency reboot <_<

Krbadass
Wed, 06-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Just get guild wars

MrTicTac
Wed, 07-06-2005, 03:03 AM
*sigh* MMORPG are really addicting,, i quit FFXI while ago,, i regret having started to play it,, and i sorta regret quiting too, kinda weird ~_~

just dont play too much i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oh and i heard from FFXI players who switched to WoW, said the exp system was crappy and took waaay to long to level up or something,, err but i might have mixed it up might be E2 exp system is crappy, i'm trying to remember (was 7months ago)

and hmm can u even finish FFXI o_o

Kenzaburo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 06:24 AM
In my opinion Blizzard pretty much fucked up for the first time with WoW. They had so much potential with that game and wasted it. Now they are doing CTF maps for what was supposed to be an MMORPG...WTF???
And the game turns into freakin' diablo 3 after you reach level 60(max level right now). Happy item hunting and instance running. That was a really bad way to waste my time...
But at least the community is somewhat better in the US than in EU, as well as the support. EU servers caused me eternal pain and damnation(for over 3 months, so maybe not that much eternal, 'though it felt like it^^)
And yep, better get Guild Wars, I have been hearing some good stuff about that game and you don't need that much time on your hands to play it and achieve something.

Xollence
Fri, 07-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey does anyone here play WoW server Ardent Dawn?

Aramis
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:57 PM
you can't really go wrong with just playing blizzard's latest game...i've played WoW since beta stage and still do quite actively. of course that has to do with friends (my IRL friends play it, and i'm still in the guild that i joined last december) but it's still a damn good game.
i tried guild wars, and liked how it's based more on teamplay and less on grinding, but still it got boring rather quickly.

Bloodraven
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:41 AM
WoW is the shit.

Xollence
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah but it's been real laggy lately, and many of the servers are down for 24 hours, which sucks.

XwingRob
Sat, 07-30-2005, 01:46 PM
I've been playing on Gurubashi... really have had no server problems on there.
Oh, did the 24 hour maitenance helped all those servers that were having problems?

Xollence
Sun, 07-31-2005, 02:49 AM
I think so, Argent Dawn is still pretty laggy, especially in IF.

TwisT
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:15 PM
World of Warcraft YMCA Video (http://massdestraction.com/1176-World_of_Warcraft_YMCA_Video.html)

EDIT: Another one WOW Oh you touch my talala (http://massdestraction.com/1181-WOW_Oh_you_touch_my_talala.html)

This is why WoW is better then all other games.. Also check out the Leeroy video (don't have a link to that one and i'm to lazy to upload it myself).. That's the best right now..

EDIT2: rofl although there is a small risk that you will need psychic help Dude gets crazy MP3 (http://massdestraction.com/1173-Dude_gets_crazy_MP3.html)

dark maginn
Sun, 07-31-2005, 08:26 PM
WOW is good and guild wars is great

Xollence
Mon, 08-01-2005, 07:44 AM
lol I don't get why people get mad when they die in WoW. It's not like they get penalized or anything, except for the 1 minute walk back to your corpse.