PDA

View Full Version : Worth watching?

juna
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I've been searching around for a new series to watch and I came across One Piece, but it has like a "billion" eps. So I just wanted to know if it was worth a watch.

Souryusen
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by: juna
I've been searching around for a new series to watch and I came across One Piece, but it has like a "billion" eps. So I just wanted to know if it was worth a watch.

Nah, we just watch it cuz we're really fucking bored.

edit: It's less predictable than many shounen series and the locations are pretty neat. Them's the plusses.

Deblas
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:01 AM
If you start to watch it. You'll be glad it has so many episodes.

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
What Souryusen said.

Also, it's very funny.

Don't let this forum be an indication on how popular it is though. The fact that this part of Gotwoot is mostly dead is very strange, because One Piece is generally just as, if not even more, popular than say Naruto.

In short: watch the damn show, you'll love it.

Deblas
Thu, 06-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah well, Gotwoot is generally a Naruto fansite. Have you seen Kaizoku-fansubs One Piece forum. Its Huge.

Another thing. Stick to fansubs. The dub will want to make you go to 4kids entertainment and give each of them a slow and painful death.

TwisT
Thu, 06-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Also One Piece manga is the biggest and most popular manga there is (dont know how big the anime is compared to others, but it's BIG).. So if you look at the fanbase, you just know it can't be bad..

Also even though i contains spoilers you might want to watch "One Piece Special - Soccer King".. That's what made me watch this show.. But it all depends on how picky you are with spoilers..

Also if you would have asked me yesterday what place on my favorite-list this anime is on i would have said 3 (after Naruto and Bleach) but i just saw episode 147 and thanks to a scene with some of the characters that made me laugh so much that i got tears in my eyes, i have to say they all share the number one spot.. That's how good it is for me.. Trust me, you wont be disapointed..

Also stick to K-F's fansubs.. the other once are crappy..

Masamune
Thu, 06-16-2005, 03:08 PM
worth watching? definately a hell yeah

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I honestly think that the main reasons this forum is dead is because

1. Nobody connected to GotWoot fansubs it. I imagine if a person wants to discuss OP, they do it at KFs forums.

And 2. Its WAY down the forums list. I suspect most people don't even know its here.

kAi
Sat, 06-18-2005, 04:52 PM
It would definately be worth watching, although I haven't seen the anime, the manga is awesome.

I should get it soon.

elmojo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:19 PM
one piece hands down annihilates naruto in my opinion

the anime , i'm talking about

i just bought a straw hat, some really funny unique characters, the stuff thats said.. the comedy is just great and ofcourse there is some action ... so many memorable parts.. even the fillers are not bad

DragonSpirit
Fri, 07-01-2005, 10:48 PM
i've seen a few episodes of this series and its pretty good, i mean it can be like wtf sometimes but for the most part its pretty clever, and can be entertaining

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:30 AM
its funny, sad at times, but just really fun to watch

hehe ur really lucky i say to start at ep1,, cauuuuseee one piece 150+ ep marathon!!! ^^

Kaigi-san
Sun, 07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
I started watching this show recently, and its been entertaining to say the least. Can anyone tell me if this anime is very "fillered" (like Naruto)? I kinda got worried when I watched epsiode 18 (I know this will be a long time ago for some of u guys, but its the one where they go to the island and meet the guy with green hair whos stuck in a chest and has all these weird animal friends). Can't say I liked that ep too much, but I was relieved when I saw it get back on track the next ep.

Munsu
Mon, 07-11-2005, 12:41 AM
I would say that it does indeed contain several fillers... I just skip them, so no problems...

Masamune
Mon, 07-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by: Kaigi-san
I started watching this show recently, and its been entertaining to say the least. Can anyone tell me if this anime is very "fillered" (like Naruto)? I kinda got worried when I watched epsiode 18 (I know this will be a long time ago for some of u guys, but its the one where they go to the island and meet the guy with green hair whos stuck in a chest and has all these weird animal friends). Can't say I liked that ep too much, but I was relieved when I saw it get back on track the next ep.

btw that wasnt filler

Assertn
Mon, 07-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually.....i heard the afro chest guy WAS filler

as well as the saga about the dragons, the part where luffy finds that hermit criminal with the dance powder, about 10 other episodes in arabasta, the painful span of fillers after arabasta......

Masamune
Mon, 07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
you heard WRONG. Its chapter 22 of manga.

Apis arc was filler yes, so was the desert wandering in arabasta . But Ace went with them, which he didnt in the manga so its ok. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Indeed, afro chest guy wasn't filler. I have a few of the first manga volumes here in my shelf, and he's in volume 3 or something.

Kaigi-san
Mon, 07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
ah my bad - havnt read the manga. It just kinda seemed like filler due to lack of connection to the plotline... but maybe its just me.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Oda even listed afro chest guy (Gaimon) as his favorite character after Luffy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MrTicTac
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:16 AM
theres only a couple bad filters in one piece, like those adventures of buggy or something

but sometimes i enjoy the filter episodes of one piece more than normal episodes

and yea lots of random names,, kinda like flipping a phone book and closing your eyes and picking a name i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Masamune
Tue, 07-12-2005, 05:52 AM
it's "Filler" , say it with me now Fil-ler. there you go.

And again buggy's adventure was not filler. As it was a 1 panel each chapter for the front for about the whole don kireg/sanji arc.

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Jumping into this anime because I've been bored to tears with recent Naruto and Seed Destiny...
The K-F ones are the best apparently, so once I clear out some more room on my harddrive I'm making the leap into this series.
GERONIMO

Munsu
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Good idea... just don't get discouraged by the first couple of episodes

Mobb
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Definately worth the watch i just downloaded upto episode 157 from k-f and i just started watching it last week, lemme tell u it keeps me up lol GREAT anime!

Deblas
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Last week? dammit, it took me like two weeks to finish watching all of K-F's batches. And I was downloading them daily.i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Mobb
Mon, 08-15-2005, 08:47 PM
u took me wrong lol im still on like ep 79 or 80, i meant i downloaded them all tho

Deblas
Mon, 08-15-2005, 09:19 PM
lol. No wonder. I was asking myself has this guy slept this whole week?

Phoenix20578
Tue, 08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
It might sound crazy, but I can see someone watching One Piece for one week straight.

vegita625
Tue, 08-16-2005, 06:12 PM
When I downloaded all the episodes, I got about 5 hours of sleep max every night for about a week and a half because watching One Piece made me lose track of time lol. Then there were the speed subs I also watched after that...