PDA

View Full Version : Holy shit, who would have thought...

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-14-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.pelleas.net/animators/#11

That's right. All those episodes with the badass fighting animation (ep 30, 71 etc) were made by ONE GUY.

I repeat, ONE GUY.

That is just insane.

basey44
Tue, 06-14-2005, 10:35 PM
that is so crazy, it wouldve taken sooo long too. how the hell can he do that

ChaosK
Tue, 06-14-2005, 10:46 PM
hes awsome! (what WAS the episode 30 fight?)

basey44
Tue, 06-14-2005, 10:48 PM
lol idiot, it was my fav ep for a long time. sasuke vs oro and anko vs oro

everyone knows what ep 30 was

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-14-2005, 11:01 PM
At first I got confused and thought that guy did the Rock Lee fights (which all alone would be insane to draw) but these fights were also very excellent and that is totally shocking to find that one person can draw all of that. That's dedication!

Jaredster
Wed, 06-15-2005, 02:14 AM
If what you say is true then I will never complain about the animation in Naruto again.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 06-15-2005, 06:53 AM
wonder if hes ever heard of a social life
ep 30 did kick ass though

ES
Wed, 06-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
If what you say is true then I will never complain about the animation in Naruto again.

You do realize that each episode has their own animators...or am I wrong?....

regardless...This man is just one excellent artist if he alone did all of that...

just...wow.

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Let me clarify this again: Every single Naruto episode is done by a team EXCEPT the ones that look kickass. They are made by one single guy.

So all the times we've been saying "Woo hope the good team does this episode" it has been only one person all along.

Jurojin
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Was he responsible for the Lee vs Gaara fight as well?

*drools at the Eight Gates Manipulation Technique*

Y
Wed, 06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Let me clarify this again: Every single Naruto episode is done by a team EXCEPT the ones that look kickass. They are made by one single guy.

So all the times we've been saying "Woo hope the good team does this episode" it has been only one person all along.

He also has a full studio's digital graphics processing equipment to work with. Still, this DOES explain why it has such a unique art style, assuming the site is accurate (which I really have no reason to assume it isn't).

Also, yes, he did draw episode 48. He also drew 133 (presumably).

He puts out about one every three months. Sounds right for a one-man team.

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Y

They're good because he only does 1 episode a year. He also has a full studio's digital graphics processing equipment to work with. Still, this DOES explain why it has such a unique art style, assuming the site is accurate (which I really have no reason to assume it is).

Point taken, but to be fair, he animates other things than Naruto every year.
Also, I severely doubt someone would fix a .net site just to throw up fake info about random japanese guy that nobody knows the name of. Also, the info on Hideaki Anno seems to be valid, so there is no reason to believe the other info is false.

Y
Wed, 06-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Point taken, but to be fair, he animates other things than Naruto every year.
Also, I severely doubt someone would fix a .net site just to throw up fake info about random japanese guy that nobody knows the name of. Also, the info on Hideaki Anno seems to be valid, so there is no reason to believe the other info is false.

Yeah that was a typo, see the edit.

This is extremely impressive, and indicative of what a full team SHOULD be able to do with heavy digital postprocessing effects. I mean, check out the Sasuke/Oro fight. Lots of shots are medium range to avoid having to draw much detail, or heavily digital (like taking a still of Oro and blurring it to get the running effect). He's a decent artist (assuming he does all the fucked up perspective shots on purpose) but he really shines in being able to get the most out of the materials he's working with. It reminds me of Makoto Shinkai, who animated an entire CG-heavy short film in his spare time on his Mac in six months.

masamuneehs
Wed, 06-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know what the other teams are who have done other episodes / fights for Naruto? Are there any other one-man berserkers like this dude?

If anyone had a site or info source about animation teams for Naruto, I'd be really interested in seeing it.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 06-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Thats pretty fricking impressive. Although I'm curious if he got a bit sloppy during 133 considering all of the very noticeable inconsistancies. Who knows maybe he had a strick deadline so he had to make a few compromises. Or maybe he had nothing to do with 133. Also have to wonder if he did the infamous drunken boxer rock lee fight. Didn't have his traditional markings but the animation was just so fluid and procise.

Y
Thu, 06-16-2005, 12:03 AM
133 is done in the exact same style as 30, 48 and 71. I can only assume he did it.

He might have done key animation on Lee's fight but not done it by himself. Who knows?

Aramis
Thu, 06-16-2005, 01:21 PM
yeah, he probably did just the fighting itself. probably started working on it early on, then the scenes that connected the episode to 29 and 31 were done by others.
i think it makes sense that one person does a better job than a team, but just takes a lot more time.