PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Episode 5 Dimensions

MAraujo
Tue, 06-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Was episode 5 ever released in a 640x480 dimension by either ANBU and AonE or just AonE like all their episodes cuz I have it in a 512x384 dimension and thats all I can find. I was thinking about downloading the bittorrent folder of Naruto eps 1-25 off of this website but I dont know if it will be a waste if it doesnt have ep 5 in 640x480. Does anyone know if this batch folder contains the same file I have or the one I want. thanx in advance.

Moved to Anime Support.

GotWoot Moderator

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 06-14-2005, 09:43 AM
you can use a different bittorrent client like bittornado, then you can make it so you only download that one episode and not all of them

complich8
Tue, 06-14-2005, 09:50 PM
the official release was 512x384, so you won't find any in 640x480. Sorry.

Those were back when codecs sucked more than they do now. Divx 3 SBC was the defacto standard, and back then we decided for that episode that the much better looking episode at a lower res was better than jacking up the filesize to 240ish megs to get the same quality in the original resolution. When xvid is under-bitrated, it just blocks up and noises up a bit. When divx3 was under-bitrated, it tended to do VERY bad things.

Since that was the original release resolution, you won't be finding it in a different one. No 640x480 anbu-aone version of episode 5 exists.

For reference, unless my disk is dying and corrupting files, the CRC32 for the file should be C2DD44FB.

If you insist on 640x480 for that, you might dig around for the toriyamaworld version of that episode. They did a quite admirable job on the first year or two of the series too, but it won't be in as ready distribution since the series is licensed these days and they don't redistribute licensed stuff.