PDA

View Full Version : For the broken hearts...

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Forgive the angsty title of the topic, and let me explain the purpose of this.
Have you ever been dumped? Have you ever been hopelessly in love?

This is a place where we can discuss such matters and perhaps help each other feel better. Given that the average Wooter is 13 years old or extremely sarcastic/incapable of being serious, I'm sure that this topic will quickly die. But regardless, I need this place to vent.

I am sorry if any of the upcoming text will sound melodramatic and shit, I'm just really fucking depressed. Also, it's long and overly sentimental so only read it if you actually give a rat's ass about it. Otherwise, go down to the end of the post.

Well long story short: my gf dumped me today. I've had many relationships and connections with girls, but this was THE girl. If I ever was to "settle down" (might sound funny since I'm relatively young: 18) this would be her. Everything was great. Fantastic. Wonderful. Over-the-top.

But today things were different. She had acted differently for a while, and today I got to know why. Things didn't feel "right". She had "lost the passion". I don't know. I seriously still don't know. I feel like I've done something wrong, yet I've been myself through thick and thin and she leaves me on the road alone.

This is particularly weird, because I've always been the one to break up and start over. Always been the one to "make the rules" and whatnot. And now... I was just powerless, as I got tossed away.

So what did I do? I got drunk. Very drunk. And I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes. Then I ran into the woods and started hitting my head on the trees like a fucking 15-year old maniac. I don't know why, but it felt great.

After that, something very weird happened. I called one of my best female friends (time was at this point 2:30 am, in other words roughly an hour ago) and we went for a walk and I talked to her about it all. After the walk she asked herself in, and we went into my room. She started making out with me and before I knew we laid naked on my bed. We were about to have sex but I yelled "NO!" like a first-class drama queen. I couldn't. Nothing "happened". I was on the verge of being torn apart, for I imagined this girl to be my ex-girlfriend which had left me only hours before it happened. So my friend took her clothes and left, probably ashamed for making moves on a heartbroken man. Well, not like I did anything to prevent it... so I don't have any bad blood against her, but wtf. So yeah, now I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and a bottle of whiskey and writing this.

I haven't created this topic to have you all feel pity for me. It's just that this is the one forum I regularly frequent, the one place online which I'd call "home". Most of you guys don't know me, and even some of the regulars here I don't know as well as I would like but I love this place to death regardless of the amount of Gundam spoilers I frequently see. That is why I feel like I can vent here, and admittedly it does make me feel a lot better.

Thanks to whoever read this, and if anyone has any heartbroken scenarios to share... feel free. Let this be a place for sad souls to mingle.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
i'm not pitying you in a bad way but i am feeling bad for you. i'm wondering about what will happen between you and your friend, also might you think about giving HER a chance?

also how does coffee and whisky mix? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Mut
Sat, 06-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Violence is the answer.

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i'm not pitying you in a bad way but i am feeling bad for you. i'm wondering about what will happen between you and your friend, also might you think about giving HER a chance?

also how does coffee and whisky mix?

Nah. She is too much of a friend to be considered a girlfriend.
Also, she happens to my best friend's younger sister.
In other words, he'll probably smack my ass up tomorrow.

Coffee & whiskey mixes like sex and the beach.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:17 PM
interesting anology...

Paulyboy
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Dude, I know im gonna sound feminine but thats sad, thats never happened to me, but damn. Ive had like 3 g/f's and yah I still felt for them for awhile, then forgot about them and we are still all friends. One of my g/f's was my best friend which was my 1st g/f but man that was the girl I couldnt get over, after she broke up with me i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. But you will get over it in time. Me and her are still best friends.

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:50 PM
That's good, that you remained friends.

Also, that post wasn't terribly feminine. I'd call it "normal". ;D

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:55 PM
she totally dumped you? or a "lets be friends" dump?

kAi
Sat, 06-11-2005, 10:12 PM
You'll get over it might take a bit of time but yeah. A good idea is to go out with friends, and just do what you like doing, go clubbing or something.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 11:16 PM
terra you could always engulf yourself in anime reruns but i dont suggest that.

Assertn
Sun, 06-12-2005, 12:38 AM
chaoskiddo you dont just move on to the next person as soon as you're dumped like that......those are known as "rebound relationships" and you usually regain your senses eventually and wonder wtf were you thinking at the time

it's nice to see people consider this place like their home. Most people would think of this place as just some anime forum, but for alot of us veterans, it just sorta became more than that. I for one have probably never logged more than 60 posts in any other forum.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah. Place grows on you.
I'm the same, rarely post much elsewhere. Gotwoot is particularly fun because you can write almost anything... especially when you are a veteran. ;D

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM
I believe there is a very thin line between love and lust and one quite often gets confused with the other. Generally most relationships that take place around the 13-25 age brackety carry little to no weight what so ever. They are usually formed and based around superficial characteristics which is why they never tend to work out or last very long. At this point in the game any relationship formed dose not constituite anything more then a casual friendship with casual sex throwin inbetween. Longer lasting relationships are built around less transcient factors, while at first these factors may seem as important they often lead more solid and cohesive relationships. This can prove very interesting as in the United States has the highest divorce rate in the world and in many ways that can be attributed towards the heavy media focus on true love based on transient factors. While arranged marriages which have are completly abhored by the American media generally tend to no lead to divorce because in the arranging process many factors are taken into consideration.

Mut
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:02 AM
The ninja mods are the veteran members' bestest friends!

Assertn
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Generally most relationships that take place around the 13-25 age brackety carry little to no weight what so ever.

wow.....25 you say? so anyone who's parents are younger than 50 when they are 20 are usually formed in weak relationships?

I've heard in psychology a fact similiar to that, except i couldve sworn the age bracket is something more along the lines of 13-20.

While arranged marriages which have are completly abhored by the American media generally tend to no lead to divorce because in the arranging process many factors are taken into consideration.

yeah.....i've got news for you. Societies that support arranged marriages have very low divorce rates because divorce is strongly frowned upon in those societies (often to the point where death is better than divorce). Divorce is higher in America because of its acceptance, and its acceptance is higher in America because the degree of freedom we have with our relationships are higher.

You say that arranged process has many factors taken into consideration. These "many factors" usually consist of...
A) How beneficial it will be to the family for their daughter to marry into person X's house or
B) How beneficial it will be to the family for their son to accept person Y's daughter into their house

People are often treated as commodities in arranged marriage societies, and because they are grown up with this frame of mind, it is accepted by the parents and offspring alike. Doesn't mean that Person X's son wont try to cover Person Y's daughter in gasoline while she's sleeping and set her on fire though.

Eurasian
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Terra, I'm so sorry. I know that doesn't help but I really do think you deserve the best in life and i'm sorry this happened to you.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Not to dig into your wounds or anything Terra, but did she say why or did she just break up with out any reason. I really hate when they don't give a reason. I mean how are you supposed to know if it was because of something you did or the way you are or if it wasn't you but her. I don't know but it drives me crazy whe they don't say why, I beat myself up trying to figure out what I had done wrong, as usually I was the dumpee and not the dumper. Knowing the answerer to such questions won't make you feel better but at least I would think it would be easier to move on. Unfortuneatly I never ask why cause I am too baffled and confused and after I have been dumped I make it a point not to run into them again. Out of sight out of mind, makes it easier for me to deny that it ever took place. Hope that that you will be able to move on. I know it can be difficult but it wasn't ment to be, and you will find somebody else, after all you are one sexy bitch.

I also feel like this is my home on the internet, after you get used to some of the more gruff characters around here you come to love this place. I visit on a daly basis, although I don't post that much. I like to read and see what is going with peoples lives.

Eurasian
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
Not to dig into your wounds or anything Terra, but did she say why or did she just break up with out any reason. I really hate when they don't give a reason.

He said that she said there was no more passion. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Honoko
Sun, 06-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by: Eurasian

Not to dig into your wounds or anything Terra, but did she say why or did she just break up with out any reason. I really hate when they don't give a reason.

He said that she said there was no more passion.

and i think that's one of the lamest reasons ever. i don't know what this girl is like but just based on what you said that she did, terra, she seemed really superficial =T

@Lobster & Assertn-- i'd say that marriage, heck sex even, is no longer sacred to anyone anymore. that's the main factor in high divorce rates in america. plus, almost everything in america (and most "modern" countries) is done for self-satisfaction anyway. the whole idea of sacrificing for one another is becoming more and more alien everyday. and because no one really believes in giving more than recieving, relationships are getting a lot more difficult to understand or even follow through. divorce happens when one or both sides think they're not getting what THEY want out of the relationship, as opposed to trying to mutually fulfill each others' needs.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 06-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Well if her only basis for the relationship was passion then she is going to have a hard time finding someone for the long term, because passion is like lust and it fades over time. You have to find someone that you would like as a friend and who likes you the way you are ,assion fades but friendship and companionship can last if you pick the right person.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-12-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm gonna take the risky move here and defend the chick. Terra, you're 18 right? I assume the girl is comparable to you in age. At this age, most people really aren't looking for a serious relationship that'll last till death do them apart. "There's no more passion" is a total non-bs excuse for the break up. If you're mature to the point that you could settle down with a girl right now if she was right, then that's super hot. But only for the girl who's as mature as you, loves you as you love her, aka the one. I hope you find her, seriously, but you could be in for some major heartache in the next few years. And buddy, please, don't go slamming your forehead against a tree. Her's maybe, but not yours. Depending on how hard you hit, the physical pain'll last longer than the heart ache. And it'll serve to remind you of her.

basey44
Sun, 06-12-2005, 06:10 AM
terra i suggest u doint stay alone, go out with friends try to enjoy life, maybe in a week ull find u were wrong about her and be over her too. if not try finding someone who isnt really interested in a serious relationship and slam her a few times it could make u feel a little better and show you that you dont need your ex anymore, if you dont wanna do that then do what makes you feel comfortable. i do feel your pain though, my gf broke up with me a few weeks ago and i really i only recently got over her thanks to a female friend of mine i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

PSJ
Sun, 06-12-2005, 06:50 AM
damn terra im sorry. i must say im very confused to, when you told me about her it seemed very serious. life sucks huh? we just gotta deal with it. see ya on msn, better to talk there.

SK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 09:23 AM
well terra just try and remember there are other girls out there even if it is hard to right now. imo, if you really think she is the one and dont want to lose her then try and go after her and see if you can salvage something.

basey44
Sun, 06-12-2005, 09:45 AM
i feel thats a bad idea sk, the best thing terra can do is try to get over her, thinking of having hope at another chance only leads to misery

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I want to thank you all for caring and bothering to read through what happened and so on.

Right now, everything feels very confusing. I don't know what's going to happen or what I should do.
I'm just leaning back, trying to think of something else. That usually works, for some reason.

Anyway, thanks again, it really does mean a lot to me!

Xollence
Sun, 06-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: basey44
i feel thats a bad idea sk, the best thing terra can do is try to get over her, thinking of having hope at another chance only leads to misery

No I agree with SK, you should try and get back with her, there's nothing to lose in trying and you might regret it later for not trying. I think the sooner the better. Just don't do it when you're drunk, and not by phone. Just because you guys broke up doesn't mean the relationship is over. All of my friends with girlfriends have broken up with them at least once or twice in their relationship and then immediately got back together.

Well if her only basis for the relationship was passion then she is going to have a hard time finding someone for the long term, because passion is like lust and it fades over time. You have to find someone that you would like as a friend and who likes you the way you are ,assion fades but friendship and companionship can last if you pick the right person.

I'm sure there were other reasons, maybe she just didn't want to say. I got dumped for worse reasons. My ex, who was a hardcore christian, told me that she didn't feel like God wanted us together. Later on I found out the real reason, which was she liked another guy. I think most times girls don't give you the real reason for dumping you.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 06-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Didn't any of you see the most recent Star Wars? Don't go for revenge. Honestly getting revenge on the girl or on any other girl will not bring about any form of satisfaction. It will just make you feel hollow and empty on the inside and futher expand on already growing emotional void. Rebound relationships arn't much better since they only reinforce the idea that a relationship is nothing more then then an expendable commodity. One thing I really hate about the whole dating scene is how relationships are seen are treated as neccesary accessories to one's personal lifestyle. You have to listen to the right music, you have to go to the right parties, and you have to have a girlfriend/boyfriend. One thing I hate about contemporary society/ media is how relatiohships are treated as an tradeable commodity. There is very little intimacy, a boyfriend/girlfriend is something one MUST have if one is considered to be a healthy fully functioning member of society.

Assertn
Sun, 06-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence
No I agree with SK, you should try and get back with her, there's nothing to lose in trying and you might regret it later for not trying. I think the sooner the better. Just don't do it when you're drunk, and not by phone. Just because you guys broke up doesn't mean the relationship is over. All of my friends with girlfriends have broken up with them at least once or twice in their relationship and then immediately got back together.

Nothing to lose in trying? No, there's alot to lose when you decide not to let go.
What reasons did your friends' girlfriends have for breaking up? breaking up over a fight is one thing, but breaking up because you just dont feel that the relationship will last is completely different. If she was already losing interest after dating for a few months, then i highly doubt there is much to salvage.

Xollence
Sun, 06-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Well it sounded like they were dating for more than a few months. And yeah for both reasons.

Assertn
Sun, 06-12-2005, 11:54 AM
i think when terra first said they started dating, it was sometime in February or March

KitKat
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Yeah. Place grows on you.
I'm the same, rarely post much elsewhere. Gotwoot is particularly fun because you can write almost anything... especially when you are a veteran. ;D

Even though I'm not a veteran here, I consider gotwoot to be my online home. Nowhere else on the internet means as much to me. You guys are my family. As such, I hurt for you Terra. Relationships are messy and complicated. I have no advice for you, since I doubt anything I say would help you much. All I can say is that I'm here for you buddy, anytime you need someone to listen. *hugs*

Lefty
Sun, 06-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Terra just give it time and a lot booze. Just walk away from the relationship with all the good memories you want to keep, and throw away the bad ones. In a few days you'll sober up, or regain concousness and you'll get back out there and make the ladies squeel and pass out from your sexyness.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-12-2005, 03:12 PM
thats too bad terra, but im sure you'll get over her, and i think she gave you a bs reason

ChaosK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by: SK
well terra just try and remember there are other girls out there even if it is hard to right now. imo, if you really think she is the one and dont want to lose her then try and go after her and see if you can salvage something.

i dont think chasing after her again would be a good idea either, you dont want to show how desprate you are, even if you are (i'm not saying you are at the moment terra.) Pride is something you need, if it was really "meant to be" then she should come back to you.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:03 PM
This place is deffinitly my "online home." Well here and good ol #gotwoot. Im really not thinking much about relationships right now. Im moving to florida as soon as school ends so I'm just trying to get with as many girls before I move XD. But once I start school in florida I'ma find a nice southern girl i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Edit: Terra you should be fine. Once you meet someone else, the girl you thought was perfect is now nothing in comparison to the new one.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:03 PM
The important thing is not being overly irrational with your behavior. Take your time to heal and evaluate yourself, because coming from someone who held on to a significant other for quite a while, it is important to know where you stand before you make the steps to correct your situation. All you have is time, and if it is to happen, it will take time. Understand your worth to others and appreciate that. You're 18, that's too early in life to really plan your future.

GuardianShado
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:06 PM
i'd go with wut assertn said and say that there really isn't much to salvage. u've been goin out with her for a couple months (according to assertn) and she already says she isnt feeling the passion. that's not right. ur young terra, go live your life instead of wasting away to this situation. use wutever bad memories you have as a learning experience, and just keep the good memories in your head. wutever u do, dont long for the old times. u cant get them back, so just make new memories with another person. i'm sure you'll find someone when u start feeling better.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:23 PM
sorry, but i don't have the neccsery experince in romatic realtionships to even try and help you, but i can advice to you one thing, according to how i've seen my brother act, if it turns out she really isn't intrested in continuing the realtionship you had, don't try to get back to her by being a 'good friend', I've seen my brother doing so for almost a year, he would call her every day, come to pick her up from work, and try to intrest himself in her hobbies no matter what. she hated it, but was too nice of a person to tell him to stop, so he danced around her for the whole time without moving anywhere.

Kairi
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
The important thing is not being overly irrational with your behavior.... You're 18, that's too early in life to really plan your future.

I agree. Trust me, I know how much pain you're in right now, but it will get better. Also, as cliche as it may sound, I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason... so I'm sure there is something better out there for you i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

basey44
Sun, 06-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Didn't any of you see the most recent Star Wars? Don't go for revenge. Honestly getting revenge on the girl or on any other girl will not bring about any form of satisfaction. It will just make you feel hollow and empty on the inside and futher expand on already growing emotional void. Rebound relationships arn't much better since they only reinforce the idea that a relationship is nothing more then then an expendable commodity. One thing I really hate about the whole dating scene is how relationships are seen are treated as neccesary accessories to one's personal lifestyle. You have to listen to the right music, you have to go to the right parties, and you have to have a girlfriend/boyfriend. One thing I hate about contemporary society/ media is how relatiohships are treated as an tradeable commodity. There is very little intimacy, a boyfriend/girlfriend is something one MUST have if one is considered to be a healthy fully functioning member of society.

umm have you HAD a girlfriend, when your with her nothing else really matters, for both of you. all the bullshit you just spoke of flies out the window. the whole thing with the rebound girls is to show yourself that you can live without your ex, something which i dont really like to do that much cos i dun wanna hurt someone else just to get over my own pain, but if you can find someone else like you, or someone not really looking for a real relationship you can be eachothers inbetween people, because if theres one thing ive learnt over the years its that no one likes to be alone

edit to below: haha thats gold

Mut
Sun, 06-12-2005, 07:26 PM
<+Y> lobstermagnets post = "I have never had a girlfriend"
<Souryusen> Nah, he was probably just somebody elses rebound.
<%Mut[at]chi> I bet he is just a butt fag

ChaosK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 07:31 PM
haha, you DID post it after all.

Assertn
Sun, 06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
the whole thing with the rebound girls is to show yourself that you can live without your ex

im pretty sure the whole thing with the rebound girls is to find a quick solution to the sudden depression a person would normally experience after just being dumped

not to make an ex jealous i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-14-2005, 10:55 PM
my friend my friend there is an old saying about women (or men) and there being "Many fish in the sea" I know it is rough now, but you'll turn out meeting someone else and they'll be worth ten times more to you because, when it all falls into place with the right one, that person will return your feelings. The most important thing to do is weather the bad times without causing too much tension.

A fisherman is patient. Remember, you only need to catch one out of all the ones out there. Maybe this one felt like "the one", but honestly, perhaps she was just the kind of fish you like best. If she's a Bass, go to the Great Lakes, if she's a Marlin, salt water, Salmon in Alaska. You know what I'm getting at (i hope)

You also need the right bait to lure the right type of fish. As trivial, superficial and whatnot as it sounds, dressing a certain way, using certain lines, telling certain flavors of jokes or stories and engaging in certain kinds of activities when you're out and about in the great gene pool will really affect what kind of fish you attract. Even if its not who you really are, it might get her to bite and then you can reveal your real self to her as things progress.

Reeling in the fish is the hardest part, it's also what I'm the worst at. I always jerk the rod or make a move right when there is just a little bit of tug or nibble on the line... Premature overreactions will kill you. You have to let the fish do the work for you, make it want to eat the whole bait. Making the bait attractive and lively is maybe the most important fisherman's skill!

After they bite down and are hooked they might fight to get away. This leaves you without that bait (or mangled bait), harms the fish, and can even damage your rod. The fights are the hard part to weather because unlike the rest of this analogy the "Reel 'Em In FAST FAST FAST" strategy of fishing often doesn't apply.... And you also have the problem of, even after landing them in the boat, making them stay. Fish can't walk out the door on ya...

So go get tore up and go fishing!

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 06-14-2005, 11:52 PM
ROFL!! This is the most insightful thing I've ever read on how to approach the fairer sex. What kind of girl can I lure with fly bait?

GuardianShado
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:52 AM
LMAO!!!!
i always thought the complete metaphor was to eat the fish XP hahaha guess i was wrong. good stuff

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-15-2005, 01:30 AM
HOLY EXAGGERATED ANALOGY BATMAN.

Assassin
Wed, 06-15-2005, 02:52 AM
i feel ur pain terra....i've been thru one of those breakups myself. infact, i can do one better. my break up was over msn, and thru a mutual friend. trust me, thats one low u dont wanna experience after losing "the one".

im not gonna try and give u some bs advice about what to do, cuz everyone is different, and it may or may not have any effect on u.

all i'll say is this. try to look at this from the outside, as an observer. ask ur self what u would do/say if this happened to a friend of urs. wahtever teh asnwer, thats what u should try to do. at the moment u wont be able to think logicaly, and u'll just try to find a quick fix (like the tree thing). u need to see whats best for u, without being confused by ur emotional state.

in teh worst case scenario, i can tell u that time heals all......well almost all. so just be ur yzak obessed self, and get on with ur life as best u can. i hope things get easier soon man. best of luck.

ps: i prefer banging my fist on my head. its softer tehn tree bark, and u can use both hands at once for maximum effect.

Kezren
Wed, 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM
I know how you feel Terra. About three years back I met a girl, and I thought that I had finally found something meaningful in my life, she was something that I held above all. To be in her presence was a greater gift than I could have asked for or imagined. The relationship was also the most lasting, where before I would be with someoen for a week and get bored then move on, with her I was going on a year and a half. Suddenly somewhere during the middle of the second to be year, we began to get a bit rocky things didnt feel the same and she felt the need to sever the relationship. Left now alone and with a beleif that my life had no more meaning I was in a depressive state for far too long, and though I never allowed myself to play with the thought of suicide, it was always in the back of my mind. After a month or two I just decided to let myself become bitter and cynical about the thought of love in general and keep the beleif that one should never leave themselves open for injury again.

So I have atleast an Inkling to how you feel, and I hope the best for you. And suggest you try to take your mind off it as best as possible. Dwelling on the problem can only make you feel worse.

Edited for spelling.

masamuneehs
Wed, 06-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
HOLY EXAGGERATED ANALOGY BATMAN.

Hey I'm just trying to help... And analogies are probably one of the clearest ways I can communicate with people without tripping all over my words and thoughts.

Besides, I find that analogy helps me step back from whatever situation I'm in and that helps me think rationally about my actions and the circumstances. It's too easy to get overwhelmed by emotions and just blindly react without thinking of teh consequences. But if you step back to think about it like a sport or like something devoid of those emotions then you can make a logical choice or grasp a better handle on the situation.

Of course... then again emotions are a huge part of relationships and one has to act on them sometimes and be especially sensitive of your partner's emotions and feelings all the time.

I love catfish

PSJ
Wed, 06-15-2005, 05:25 PM

are you serious? just the begining with the star wars reference throws me off. im not sure if it is serious or not.....

@masamuneehs: that analogy is good actually. i like it.

Xollence
Wed, 06-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Hehe yeah it's much better than the Star Wars analogy.

You must love fishing.

ChaosK
Fri, 06-17-2005, 10:45 PM
i think he's being serious with the starwars refrence

basey44
Sun, 06-19-2005, 03:50 AM
thats because the only loving hes ever had is with his right hand

ES
Sun, 06-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Lmao...uhm guys...this is why they invented prozac i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

weakest anbu
Sun, 06-19-2005, 06:14 PM
this is nothing compare to the pain i went thru. my xgf tried to stick a dildo up my ass while we were having sex. I was like.............................................. ...............................................

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 06-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I would have given her a Dutch Oven dude. Or a Hot Karl.

A straight man's ass should never be penetrated.

PSJ
Sun, 06-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
this is nothing compare to the pain i went thru. my xgf tried to stick a dildo up my ass while we were having sex. I was like.............................................. ...............................................

Erm Terra's stuff is serious. not the time to joke around.

weakest anbu
Sun, 06-19-2005, 07:49 PM
did you think I was asking for a fucking smiley face or "LOL" or somthing... its real story not bs. its the aftermath that hurt more...

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-20-2005, 12:26 AM
If its that bad go ahead and share your story.

PSJ
Mon, 06-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
did you think I was asking for a fucking smiley face or "LOL" or somthing... its real story not bs. its the aftermath that hurt more...

Then share your story instead of make it like a joke.

basey44
Mon, 06-20-2005, 06:48 AM
wat are u guys talking about, i dont wanna hear about the time he had a dildo shoved up his ass

masamuneehs
Mon, 06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
wat are u guys talking about, i dont wanna hear about the time he had a dildo shoved up his ass

Don't just go knocking it without hearing what he really has to say. Although this topic is "For the broken hearts..." I can imagine that a broken ass would result in some severe emotional trauma as well... Terra made this topic to vent and get support and its unfair to deny that same thing to others.

However, if this is weakest anbu's idea of a joke.... it really isn't funny

Racso
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:51 PM
well i have nothing to do right now......sorry if i'm late but i will feel better after finish writting this even dough if no one read it .........

hmm.... Let's see how can i explain this.... I have lost my besfriend on earth :-(

let me explain to you.... my bestfriend well is a girl(Arelis) she is so sweet she is wonderful she is everithing to me and she feel the same way for me(in the past)... and we were happy so happy..... but(I hate this "But") inside of me it begun to grew up this fu#$ing feeling of love.....

In the beginig i was not shure about this but then i realize what was this love thing........ my heart was telling me that i was in love of her...... but my head was triying to refuse this because if i let it growing i would create a huge problem...... and how you can imagine everyting came to the surfice...Dam dam

I didn't tell anything to her at the begining..... First i talk to her best female friend(Paty) i tell her what was happenig i trust in her...... but she betray me.... and she talk to Arelis about everything i said before...

so here is where the big problem begun: =(

she was confused... and run to me for verify this whole thing...... she ask me "Do you love me?"
and i say nothing in that moment.....that silence was Brutal!!! and she start to cry and telling me this
"why you didn't tell me before...Why" the only thing i could say was "Sorry For my stupidity" she gave me
a slap and she went to i don't know where......

now she can't wath me or even talk to me......... because she feel's betrayed so i don't know how to fix
this....... perhaps this sound like a stuid, supid stupid thing but i really love her...and i want her to be happy even dough if that meens to stay away from her.......

perhaps i am doing the wrong thing but my head is a mess now so i can't think really well.........

Dam..

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:57 PM
She feels betrayed because you didn't tell her that you loved her earlier?

Man, what an inconsiderate idiot. No offense but... shit. That's just fucked up.
I don't know you, but nobody deserves to have best friends acting like that.
I mean sure, I can understand if she's SURPRISED... but giving you a slap and ignoring you?

WTF...

Racso
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:12 AM
it is more difficult than you thought................... there is one more thing...

after all this she said:::: "lets forget about this" yea right how could you forget that some guy is thinking about you every 5 seconds........
she used to give me Big big Hugs......... now nothing
we used to talk like an ahour by the phone now........... less than 5 minutes...
I refer to "ignore me" because she keep her head down when we are near... so we want to say many thing but both say nothing...... so right now i finish of writting a letter for her..i hope this maybe will work.......
but one thing is shure ...........nothing is going to be the same,,,,,,,,,,NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!11
Maldicion.....Maldicion....

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I recommend taking a long deep talk with her mate... because if she values you as much as you seem to value her, then it'd be a waste to lose the whole friendship over that.

Racso
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Thanks!!! i aprettiate that!!!!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Edit:::::::::SORRY FOR MY SPELLING!!!

Lefty
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I recommend taking a long deep talk with her mate... because if she values you as much as you seem to value her, then it'd be a waste to lose the whole friendship over that.

Iagree with Terra. From what you've been saying this sounds like a relationship that runs pretty deep. I'm sure she's torn up about this as much as your if not more. I think she keeps her head down because she's ashamed about how she reacted to your answer. But you guys need t otalk everything you have on your mind, even the littlest thing should be discussed. But i hope it all turns out for the better.

2:25
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:28 AM
man, Rasco, that sucks for you.

Her reaction is a bit odd. Maybe she likes you too?? Okay, I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I agree that you should talk to her about it. And if that doesn't work, maybe talk to a close friend of hers and see what's going on inside her mind.

Racso
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Well today is the day......................i'm going to her house to try to resolve things
it's just feel a little i don't know confused i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif .......the reason because i don't want to be in love is ............A Love that is not corresponded will always bring the DESTRUCTION well this is just my freaky thought...
lets see wat happend.........

Mut
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Stop fucking abusing ellipses.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:54 PM
And the English language. You should apologize for that at the end of every post.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:47 PM
real nice guys, the guys having a rough time emotionally and you guys go and bitch about his use of grammer.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Okay guys, time for me to die inside again.

I've been lying to you partly. Some time after the first page of this topic, things resolved. Being the fool in love that I am, I listened to her sweet words of redemption. We've been together since then. Things have been better than ever.

And today... she dumped me. Again.

Yes, everybody... you may now laugh in my face for being this pathetic idiot that I was. I know it's been done before. I know it is ... hard to avoid. But yet I fell in the trap.

As I write this, I am still too fucking shocked to get my words to sound rational. I seriously can't believe that this is happening. AGAIN.

Fucking hell, life sucks so goddamn much. DAMNIT!

NM
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
That's not somethin to laugh about man. Why did you get dumped anyway? Was it the same reasons as before (I read your post in the beginning)? You should just give it some time and I'm sure you can get yourself back together. Just watch more GS/GSD for you know Yzak rules all! But anyway, give it some time. And just remember that theres alot of girls out there. Your bound to find the kind of girl your looking for.

At least you actually have the guts to tell a girl you like her dude. Blahhhh, I hate being shy and all.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:23 AM
same reason? or something new?

at any choice, the girl is crazy, and needs time alone to think over what's going on with her.
take some distance away from her, don't completly disappear, but give her space, just try talking to her once a week or so over the phone, or meet her for non-romatic purposes, that'll make sure you're still on her mind and she won't go for anyone else (of course, that's if you are still intrested in continuing the realtionship).

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
It was the same reason. She said "I've tried, but things just don't work". Oh, you little heroine you, you "tried" eh? Well I fucking TRIED too, and not a moment spent without living in fear of getting left in your dust again. Yet I was. Damn, this is so incredibly insulting at the same time as it's heartbreaking. It's like she rips my pride out and spits on it. Hell.

I used to have a "no-girlfriend" policy, and after this hellish month I remember why. Relationship free is definitely the way to go. Always.

Damn, I need to get drunk.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 07-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Sigh....

Madell
Wed, 07-06-2005, 04:49 PM
I feal sorry for you dude..AAnd I'm now sorry i made fun of you in the past months....
I had something like this 2 but a friend made out with my girl....but I'm not going ot make a topic about this because im not so popular like you on this site

Jurojin
Wed, 07-06-2005, 05:00 PM
" and not a moment spent without living in fear of getting left in your dust again."

I don't doubt that she lost her mind in dumping you like that again, but is there the possibility that going into this with the above attitude (no matter how understandable the sentiment is) didn't help matters much, or even worse, she got that vibe from you and got spooked because she felt you didn't trust her?

Not wanting to play devil's advocate here, as I'm sure she's at fault in this, but sometimes a little inspection of what you were doing helps. If you feel that wasn't the case, after giving it an honest look, then, well, ignore this post i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Wed, 07-06-2005, 07:39 PM
No matter how i look at it, i can't imagine a relationship like that lasting much longer at this point anyway. It might of just been an act of desperation that brought you both together again after the first break-up. The sudden sense of loneliness has that effect.

It would be for your own good to just give up on her

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 02:45 AM
I agree with both of you. You both have very valid points and thoughts which I've also had in my mind.
I guess, ultimately, it's for the best. And well... part of me feels like a huge rock lying on my back just have been removed.
Unfortunately, it's yet too early for that part to take full control. But whatever, that's life.

The thing with feelings is that they tend to make things a lot harder than they should be.

Jurojin
Thu, 07-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Well, at the least, youll always have Yzak...... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I had all this information on things that might help if she does come back, but I don't know how to put it and I'm not even sure you want the info in the first place-

All I can say is that in every failed relationship I've had (and boy are there quite a few), things were foiled by a lack of communication when things were wrong: I'm not psychic, and while sometimes I'll know when I've crossed the line, there are times I'll be doing my normal thing, it upsets her, she doesn't tell me, then *poof* "I can't do this any more, I can't deal with ________" when I would have gladly stopped it if I could had I known it was even a problem.

It sounds, to me from an outside view, that this is what happened- you were doing something you always do, and she didn't tell you it bothered her (from a fear of you being upset with her for telling you you're bothering her, most likely), then it just kept bothering her until finally she couldn't take it anymore. From what you said before, and assuming she thinks like that, there's a major issue with trust that needs to be dealt with on both sides before you jump into it again. You didn't trust her to not dump you out of the blue, and she didn't trust you enough to bring problems up to you before they became relationship killers. With either of these in play in a relationship, I'll wager every time that the relationship will fail, and usually in a bad way.

Just some things to keep in mind.

*tosses Yzak plushie to Terra*
Enjoy i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
I agree with both of you. You both have very valid points and thoughts which I've also had in my mind.
I guess, ultimately, it's for the best. And well... part of me feels like a huge rock lying on my back just have been removed.
Unfortunately, it's yet too early for that part to take full control. But whatever, that's life.

The thing with feelings is that they tend to make things a lot harder than they should be.

<nod> The best thing to do is be affirmitive in your decision...no second guessing

ChaosK
Thu, 07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
i say dont go back to her again, like assertn said, the relationship cant go much further after what happened.

GuardianShado
Wed, 09-28-2005, 12:37 AM
i didnt want to make a new thread for a topic that's already, well, in existence. so i'll just go on with what little rambling's been on my mind lately.

i'm still in high school, so i don't know if i can say i've had my experiences with love yet. i've had my fair share of crushes throughout my high school years, and it's now my senior year. i've fallen for one of my closest friends, if not my closest friend. i guess i've kind of been blinded to it at first or even in denial, since i always came to her when i needed advice about girls and the such. hell, when i had a crush on one of our close friends, i pretty much hung out with her every day so that i could get closer to our friend. i don't know how long it took, but it might've been all the bike rides we did. during the summer we'd go out nearly every day on our bikes to just hang out and talk about these kinds of things, along with any other subjects that might've been brought up. i've known her since 7th grade, but never really noticed her until junior year-- just last year-- when i started to really hang out with her.
anyway, two weeks ago i'd finally gathered up the balls to go on another bike ride with her and confess to her how i felt. i felt good about what i'd done until i came home and she told me online that she didn't feel the same way yet. okay, i thought, maybe i'd just come on too strongly. i was focused on the word yet. so last thursday, i asked her out to the homecoming dance, which is a month away. turned down because i asked her as an "i like you" date rather than as a friendly thing. DAMN IT! it took me a while to realize how much i'd screwed up our friendship, if not relationship. it feels like she's rubbing in the fact that she doesn't like me, because to make things worse, she's actually helping me get over her. just yesterday she'd confirmed with me that she wouldn't go out with me. great.
now i just don't know how to feel or what to do about myself anymore. i mean i've basically got a failing GPA and pretty crummy sat scores, meaning it'd be best for me to transfer from a community college first. she, on the other hand, complains that she won't be able to make it into UC Davis, which is pretty close within her grasp if she ever thought about it realistically. after high school, we would most likely be separated for at least a year since i don't have much choice but to transfer. i don't know how to look at that now. it's only the beginning of the school year, but damn it, reality is finally hitting me with a blunt rusted object in the back of my head. i keep telling myself that i've got a year to fix things up between the two of us, whatever needs to be fixed. but... ah fuck it. i don't even know anymore. haven't slept in a few days. i'm just ranting here =\