PDA

View Full Version : Naruto III - GameCube Fighting GAME!!!

thoregundi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:43 PM
YOOO!! this game is the best fighting game i've ever played, ya its all in japanesse but its just a fighting game, after downloading what the menus were it wasnt that hard to figure out, i played this game non stop for a while with groups of people, I ended up loving ten tens character but then after watching the show, i now realize i will have to choose another character, oh ya, this fighting game has such awesome graphics, i dont think a game has ever impressed me like this one

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
have you tried naruto for PS2? think PS2 graphics kick GC's ass...and also where did this game go up to in the story? i beat the story to mine and its not that far...

thoregundi
Fri, 06-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Well Naruto can turn into a golden fox, i didnt play the story part , just lots of pass the controller heh, umm i'd say pretty far though, itachi does the thing with the cross as a special, you can be the 3rd and use the golden mokey god, the guy with the dolls can trap you in his other doll and stick you with knifes, i forget everyone does, i know if you play akamaru its cheeting!!, heh, best character ever, lol, and there are a lot of characters to unlock dont think we had them all, but most of them, I dont have the game , wish i did !!, how far did the story go in urs ?

Kovash
Fri, 06-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by: thoregundi
Well Naruto can turn into a golden fox, i didnt play the story part , just lots of pass the controller heh, umm i'd say pretty far though, itachi does the thing with the cross as a special, you can be the 3rd and use the golden mokey god, the guy with the dolls can trap you in his other doll and stick you with knifes, i forget everyone does, i know if you play akamaru its cheeting!!, heh, best character ever, lol, and there are a lot of characters to unlock dont think we had them all, but most of them, I dont have the game , wish i did !!, how far did the story go in urs ?

This post runs on the assumption you are talking about 'Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3', since I don't know of any other 'Naruto III' games on the GCN, I'd say it's a pretty good guess.

'Story Mode' is a bunch of objective based battles, they can be pretty hard and you have to do all three levels of each mission to complete it all - as for the story, it goes up until Jyraiya and Tsunade beat Orochimau, then it's just a bunch of random fights between people you'd expect to do battle in the show.

"the guy with the dolls can trap you in his other doll and stick you with knifes"

Uhhh, there is no attack like that, Kankuro doesn't have his second Puppet - though I suppose you could confuse his special... kinda... His specials are, Wrapping the opponent in his Puppet and squeezing them to break bones, or if you are in the air, the puppet just shoots out weapons (a pretty poor special, unless your aim is exceptional)

As for the PS2 version... I liked it... kinda... I prefer NGNT3 because its more fun to play - 'Narultimate (sp?) Hero' on the PS2 was just too clumsy at times, and I hated having to mash buttons to charge energy and to initiate and sustain specials. Though I liked that they took liberties in people's powers (though it annoyed me that Sasuke never got anything more interesting that 3 Chidori's in a row... boooooring.)

darkshadow
Fri, 06-10-2005, 08:38 AM
well then play narutimate hero 2, it also has the kyuubi naruto with the super powerfull red rasengan, and sasuke does four chidori's the last 1 is with the curse seal which give it a purpleish glow and a very sinister music comes up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, i prefer narutimate hero2 over ninja taisen 3 ne time, and you dont have to mash buttons to charge energy, just combos and picking up chakra orbs will refill you

Kovash
Fri, 06-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
I prefer narutimate hero2 over ninja taisen 3 ne time, and you dont have to mash buttons to charge energy, just combos and picking up chakra orbs will refill you

I have played it, as I said, I prefered NGNT3, but that's just me. Personally, both games have a lot to offer each other - I liked the 'Supers' concept that Narutime had, but Taisen had more comfortable gameplay. I like simpler game-play style, it IS possible to have to many controls.

woah.. I just had a scary flash-back to Mech Warrior 4; after Microsoft got it's hands on the francise, you needed 15 Joysticks and 22 Keyboards to pilot the damn thing... may as well go Pilot a Gundam.

darkshadow
Fri, 06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
as you said? you said you played narutimate hero, with 3 chidori sasuke, and bashing buttons to charge chakra

that doesnt sound like narutimate hero 2

and wasnt the first game after machwarrior 4, mechassault?? cant remember the controls getting clumsy

Assertn
Fri, 06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
have you tried naruto for PS2? think PS2 graphics kick GC's ass...and also where did this game go up to in the story? i beat the story to mine and its not that far...

GC graphics > PS2 graphics

not only for Naruto, but in general as well.
What are you talking about the Naruto PS2 having better graphics? they're lower-poly with rougher textures!

Narultimate Hero
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/553/553754/naruto-narultimate-hero-2-20041004082111405.jpg

Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen
http://www.jeuxactu.com/datas/images/jeux/Naruto_Gekito_Ninja_Taisen_3/Screenshots/full/1102350979-60.jpg

Yeah hmm....i wonder........
(also note the models in gekitou ninja taisen actually have modelled facial features that move, such as their eyes and mouth, while in Narultimate Hero, their face is just a sphere with an animated texture

Y
Fri, 06-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Those are two titanically shitty screenshots. but the PS2 simply doesn't push as much power as the GC.

thoregundi
Sat, 06-11-2005, 01:01 AM
all i can say is Naruto III for GC pwns all, !!!!,. and the ps2 naruto is OK, but still c'mon, compare Naruto III to other fighting games and all the rest aint shit, shit

darkshadow
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:19 AM
have you even played narutimate hero 2?

edit:

i dont even think the ps2 1 looks that bad, it just uses anothe style of cellshading, more like a sketch style, i like that better than the gc's shading, also the shading itself ( shadows), look cooler on ps2

http://www.cf-network.com/cfan/IMG/jpg/031024_naruto_bg10.jpg

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah i have played it, i have a burned copy for my PS2 and i'm acctually up to the naruto vs. kabuto fight in the storyline (took me a while because i didnt understand requirements to pass each level, bad jap reader=me)

i guess i've seen shitty GC games because i thought the graphics were pretty bad, the Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen graphics look really good though.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Gamecube has some nice horsepower behind it only problem is that because the system is over run by so many crappy licensed games there are very few games that show off what the GC is really capable of. Here's a brief list of games the show of the GC hardware best.

Rogue Squadron II
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 1+2
Wind Waker
Star Fox Adventures

Err off the top of my head that's all I can think off all I'm sure there's at least one or two more. Oh I can't foget about the new zelda: Twilight Princess.

Dezalanel
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Taisen 3 kicks ass. I love that game. And anyone who says that PS2 graphics are better than GC is an idiot. I personally can tell you the PS2 has the weakest graphics out of all 3 consoles since I own them all BUT PS2 still has the best game library(btw I am a PS2 fan myself). Anyways about the game, it is tons of fun to play with a group of friends. It is a very good fighting game and very very balanced. You can be anyone and beat anyone else.(except for the 2 joke characters akamaru and karasu, they are teh cheapness haha but they are joke characters so it makes sense). I fun thing to do is have one person play as Akamaru vrs 3 others.

Tinks
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Question
What move do I need to finish Oro with in the Naruto vs. Oro fight? I assumed down X but it just made me do the same special the shadow replication. So what do I hit?
Also anyone have a link for translations mentioned?

As for graphics, Resident Evil 4 had to be pretty much completely redone because the PS2 wasnt powerful enough for the character models and textures that were present on the GC. So its only natural for a GC game to look better.

stos289
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Tinks, all translations for the game (including mission, shop, etc.) can be found here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/922146.html). As for the move to defeat Orochimaru, it depends on which difficulty level you are in. If you are in Genin (the first one), then its BBX (remember, you have to finish him off with the Rasengan, so you must have low HP). If it's Chunnin, you do BAABX. If it's Jounin (this is the tough one, took me a while to do), you do forward+BB BAABX. Hope I could help.

Jman
Tue, 07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
speaking of naruto games, here are some new screencaps for the upcoming ps2 naruto title
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0507/game050708a.shtml

Fightingdreamers
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:03 AM
When will the game come out in Europe i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ??

Jman
Sat, 07-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by: Fightingdreamers
When will the game come out in Europe ??

well seeing as the series got licensed, there might be hope for english releases of the games. until then, you'll have to get imported versions.

stos289
Fri, 08-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Good news (http://www.narutofan.com/comments.php?nid=59548b2ed42252d889615b67852ee736& page=last), Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 is in the works! I'll be looking forward to this game since Ninja Taisen 3 was a really enjoyable game.

Tinks
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I dont think the GC games will get released in America untill much later if at all, the PS2 games will come here before any of the GC ones I bet