PDA

View Full Version : Episode 138 Discussion

ShinobiNiNaritai
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:41 AM
There we go

eskimå
Thu, 06-09-2005, 01:14 AM
It looks like they're moving into Orichimaru's castle or something to save some ppl I think. Well anyway, by the episode I think it was nice. It isn't the greatest episode yet but it's....nice. Haha..

Mut
Thu, 06-09-2005, 02:36 AM
What the fuck.

I could've swore I did not take acid before watching this episode but I saw weird, non-Naruto type of shits that happened anyway.

By the way... castle set up by Orochimaru's father? rofl.

outtawack
Thu, 06-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Not bad, especially for a filler episode.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Why did Team Jiraiya feel the need to leave replications with Sasame, as if they had ANY clue that she was up to no good?

Regardless, Kagerou actually seemed to be an interesting character, the Naruto Rendan came back and an appearance by Orochi makes this filler a LOT more tolerable.

Also since it looks like almost all the Fuuma three have died and the team have made their way to Orochi's castle, perhaps this will already be a winding down of filler so the next arc can happen. I don't see how the team could have a confrontation with Orochi while not fucking up future storylines, though, so that could make it even shorter.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 06-09-2005, 03:49 AM
They messed up and showed the old long haired orochimaru and not the new one. This ep was ok, still alot better than the anooying tea arc, hope it is over soon.

Husse
Thu, 06-09-2005, 04:23 AM
Orochimaru looked like his old self..at first i thougt they screwed something up...then I rememberd his old self was just as mask.

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:47 AM
wow some kind of fairy girl came out of that big ugly guy WTF!!!!!?????!!!!???!?!?!?! seriously this was the most crappy episode ever how do they come up with this crap

eskimå
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:51 AM
....okey? The most crappy episode was the flashbacks and those were in at least 4 episodes. *Yawn*

Turkish-S
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
They messed up and showed the old long haired orochimaru and not the new one. This ep was ok, still alot better than the anooying tea arc, hope it is over soon.

lol yea i didn't notice that... the fools making such a mistake..

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:09 AM
WTF! WTF!!! WTF!!!

I usually don't say this often but that mole guy is so gay, he literally turned into a fricking fairy. Words cannot begin to express my disgust. Honestly the animators are really just pulling shit out of their asses at this point. Just when I though the filler episodes couldn't go down any further in quality the animators/non-kishimoto writers surprise me again. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sighed in disgust when the mole man became a fricking FAIRY!!! Is it that hard to come up with interesting new material? I guess it must be if you have your characters transform into fairy's in order to try and keep the action interesting. At least Orchimaro gave those stupid ninjas exactly what they deserved.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:19 AM
They didn't fuck up in showing Orochi's old self. He can appear in that form whenever he wants, and since his bandages are off it seems like he has healed. But it's not time for them to animate him in his new body. So yeah.

weakest anbu
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:39 AM
those 3 minors are dead cheers~~ 1 more to go.

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I actually found this to be one of the better episodes of this arc, though it still was no prize winner. I will still be happy when it gets along with the *actual* story line though

Xollence
Thu, 06-09-2005, 11:46 AM
I didn't even bother watching the entire episode. Yeah, the mole guy turning into a fairy was a pretty stupid idea. I bet there's at least another month of these crappy episodes to come.

Aeon
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:08 PM
What's so bad about turning into a fairy when we've seen people turn into an ogre, demon, dinosaur, and the devil last arc. They still have to fight and convert Sasame cousin before this arc ends. Would've been cool if he was the one to kill them instead of Oro.

Masamune
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
What's so bad about turning into a fairy when we've seen people turn into an ogre, demon, dinosaur, and the devil last arc. They still have to fight and convert Sasame cousin before this arc ends. Would've been cool if he was the one to kill them instead of Oro.

cuz all who did those transformation have a cursed seal which has a 90% chance to kill you when you get it. and to be able evolve the cursed seal so much it alters your apperance you need to die once.

so yeah it is bad, if they can transform without a other reason then using some chakra and a few seals, to completely evolve in a permanent new body. (you saw he/she didnt change back)

edit: some spelling

Aeon
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:19 PM
She didn't change back because it was a once in a life time transformation. She died afterwards.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:51 PM
awww, wasn't that precious, a perfect cinderella story Ugly monster to princess like beauty for a while. , kinda, except the dumb bitch sacraficed herself for no reason to do it.

Masamune
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:53 PM
She didn't change back because it was a once in a life time transformation. She died afterwards.

her eyes and mouth was still slightly moving in the shot where she was lieing on the ground , and they asked orochimaru for medical help to save her

they wouldnt have if she was dead

Xollence
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Maybe it just takes a while to die from.

Aeon: It's not that she turned into a fairy, it's what she does with her fairy powers, like disappear and teleport a long distance that quickly.

Assertn
Thu, 06-09-2005, 01:24 PM

the difference is that one all refers to orochimaru's twisted genetic experiments, the other is some stupid ability that some animators randomly made up for no practical reason except as a way to bring them back to oro's place and kill them off.

2 problems with this episode:

1) Rasengan is an assassination jutsu, stronger than the chidori itself. Would we expect someone to recieve a direct blow from the chidori and not exhibit any flesh wound? NO....

2) Orochimaru's father built oro's castle? wtf??

if i didnt already know this was a filler, i would consider the prospect of jiraiya, naruto, and sakura entering orochimaru's lair to be quite exciting

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-09-2005, 01:40 PM
The Rasengan could seriously use a little legitimacy, it doesn't seem like the move affects anyone that badly. I want to see Jiraiya pissed enough to put a hole through someone, like he did that tree during Naruto's Rasengan training.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 06-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Unfortunatly we can't see Jirayai perform any new jutsu simply because it could conflict with something Kishimoto may establish in the future. Makes sense that were just seeing him use all of the jutsu's he's done before. The animators are comming really close to screwing around with the main storyline. They better come up with some new characters for naruo and company to fight or else we might see them doing something dumb like have naruto and sakura rescue sasuke.

Spoiler is edited out. Don't mention anything that isn't actually mentioned in the anime. User is warned.

GotWoot Moderator

weakest anbu
Thu, 06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
what the fuck? I never read any oro's father castle shit... maybe cus i dled the db version2 one.

mage
Thu, 06-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I love how Naruto and Jiraiya have been throwing around rasengans in the past two episodes like they're nerf balls.

Knives122
Thu, 06-09-2005, 04:06 PM
well that was interesting. it looks like Resangen is the new national sport in Naruto, and ugly people like to get better looking by turning into butterflies -_-.

well another waste of time, but it was better then the other two crap fests

Board of Command
Thu, 06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Umm, how did Oro get his old face back? At this part of the story, he should still be wearing bandages and in that purple-hair guy's body. Makes no sense.

Aeon
Thu, 06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
He is inside that guys body, all he did was put his old face back on like he did with the girl that he was currently in. Remember he removed his face during his fight with the 3rd.

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Actually this was a pretty good episode, the best one in this arc IMO, due to the following:

1: the lame trio died (YAY!)
2: orochimaru (felt odd to see his old face though...)
3: there were some funny parts
4: pretty good action, though I believe they use their jutsus almost too frequently (on the other side however it's nice to see more of the rarely used techniques)

The whole fairy thing would have pissed me off beyond belief were it not for the fact that I was overwhelmed by happiness to see Kagerou's piss-ugly face disappear.

Also, Orochimaru's father building the castle was totally WTF. I was always under the impression that nobody knew where Oro came from. Also, why the fuck would he build a castle in the middle of nowhere? There was hardly any sound village when Oro was a kid, which is when Oro's father would have built it.

Honoko
Thu, 06-09-2005, 05:16 PM
actually, so far this whole arc is one big WTF =P the very IDEA of even INFILTRATING orochimaru's "castle" is just... just.... !#%%$^#$@#

Board of Command
Thu, 06-09-2005, 05:34 PM
He is inside that guys body, all he did was put his old face back on like he did with the girl that he was currently in. Remember he removed his face during his fight with the 3rd.
So he had a backup wig as well? It wasn't just his face that was bandaged, it was his whole body.

NineTailsKitsu
Thu, 06-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Overall, I thought it was a decent episode. Especially when compared to the previous episodes in this current ark, it shines above all the others. As for Orochimaru, I always assumed that he had the ability to change the way his body looked....But a wig could work, i suppose...

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Btw, I only just now thought about the fact that it seems like they've stopped the "Naruto screaming the episode name" thing once and for all.
In my opinion it's actually cooler to just see the episode title quickly in the beginning, instead of the usual shounen-show title announcing.

Masamune
Thu, 06-09-2005, 06:04 PM
you all should watch episode 72.

he can return his body to his old original one at will.

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 06:26 PM
i think he just put on a mask...he already transfered to a new body and probably wants arms rather than his old body anyway...

Why didnt jiraya notice that tsunade put something in his sake back in epsidoe god knows when, but noticed it now?

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

So he had a backup wig as well? It wasn't just his face that was bandaged, it was his whole body.

Again, he did it during his fight with the 3rd. He can indeed change his hair.

Also, Jiraiya knowing what was going on, and knowing how quickly to react to that poison just doesn't make sense.

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 08:16 PM
i think they knew from the very start, thats what they meant by "its a setup"

Mgslee
Thu, 06-09-2005, 08:33 PM
My thoughts are that Jiraiya trusted the Fuuma Clan theives from the Village more then he trusted sasame.
The whole "I need to eat" thing could've easily been a setup to see if she could be trusted or just leading them in to a trap...

The fairy thing and shooting Chakra out is just totally stupid imo.. defiently would've perfered some Rock Lee gate open sacrifce move or something different, almost anything

As for rasengan, Jiraiya obviously knows how to control its strength so he doesnt always have it as a "death blow no jutsu"

However Sakura is still being useless (I had hopes... which are now toast) and the fight scenes are really meh... no good hand to hand combat or jutsu usage... just plain easy to think of stuff (no wow that was a good fight scene stuff)

Also the preview annoys me so badly that Sakura tied her forehead protector as a Ribbon and not around her forehead. Considering the situation you know... bleh

Last remark on Orochimaru. It's been several weeks since Naruto vs Sasuke encounter to Orochimaru has had time to heal and I guess he perfers to be in his "original body look" instead of something unknown.

Would it really break story line that much if Sasuke came out and beat the crap out of Naruto and Sakura (again). The story line shows that Sasuke wants to be there... that would drive the point even further... I dunno I'm just trying to figure out what the Filler is trying todo... with Jiraiya, Naruto and Sakura knowning the location of Oro's base, you'd think they would beable to get an army of konoha nin's to just invade the place and kill oro since hes such a threat. Atleast the Tea country didnt break story lines... this thing very much will I bet

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 08:45 PM
your right, the fights were, rasnaegan! and thats pretty much it...then oro killing everybody at the end...(or was that sally...i mean..kabuto? we really dont know..

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:00 PM
I think if Naruto and Sakura got the shit kicked out of them by Sasuke it WOULD have an impact on their future, whether or not it sounds trivial, it does affect them., and filler can't let that happen.

Also, Sakura was pretty angsty in the first half of this show... I think it's time for Naruto to get some whether she likes it or not.

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:50 PM
unless jiraya beats him to it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Board of Command
Thu, 06-09-2005, 11:13 PM
It's better that they used low-powered rasengans, because otherwise every battle would become a gorefest with Jiraiya and Naruto busting holes in people. They were only using stage-1 rasengans.

nests
Thu, 06-09-2005, 11:59 PM
It's better that they used low-powered rasengans, because otherwise every battle would become a gorefest with Jiraiya and Naruto busting holes in people. They were only using stage-1 rasengans.

That seems to be the case.

eskimå
Fri, 06-10-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm bored, want to see next episode when moving into Orichimaru's castle or temple whatever. There will be alot of fights and I think Orichimaru will fight against Jiraya then Naruto vs.
Orichimaru's evil-friend.^^

Haruyuki
Fri, 06-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i think he just put on a mask...he already transfered to a new body and probably wants arms rather than his old body anyway...

Why didnt jiraya notice that tsunade put something in his sake back in epsidoe god knows when, but noticed it now?

Tsunade has superb medical skills, which explains why she was able to produce a poison that could go totally undetected by ninjas, who would under normal circumstances be able to notice there was poison in their food. She mentioned it herself. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Husse
Fri, 06-10-2005, 07:53 AM
When that guy said he was gonna cut the heads of Naruto, Jiraya and Sakura i thougt to myself that I hope they succed and bring the heads to Orochimaru...Hows that for screwing with the main storyline?

Jurojin
Fri, 06-10-2005, 08:05 AM
I think, if this had been a longer arc, and that the fuuma ninjas weren't throwaways, Kagerou's transformation thing might have been cooler, because we would have been given a ninja version of "the ugly duckling." Of course, that comment will be flamed by prepubescent posters claiming that a girl turning into "t3h fairy was gh3y."

Also, on the killings of the two Fuuma that tried to assault Oro, wouldn't it be cooler if it was shown that Sasuke did it, in true Ninja fashion, i.e. from the shadows, so we didn't see him do it?

jo3ycomOnAnime
Fri, 06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
where do you guys see the new episodes before they come here??? I also want to know how you put those pictures in with your discussions can you email me with the html code you use at joeydurocher@hotmail.com newbie to html trying to learn it lmfao

Assertn
Fri, 06-10-2005, 10:38 AM

Unless you specifically want to keep someone alive, you're supposed to attack enemy ninjas with the intent to kill. If it wasnt for Jiraiya's mouth trap thing, Naruto would be dead now, and all because he didnt finish off kageru when used the rasengan on him.

Besides, a weaker rasengan isnt a "stage 1 rasengan"....if its stage 1, then its not a rasengan at all. I can expect jiraiya to have the talent to control exactly how much power is put into it and whether or not it will be fatal, but naruto shouldn't have that kind of skill.

People are surprised that oro can change his hair length and color.......despite that Tsunade can change her whole age!

nests
Fri, 06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I just hope that at some point the Akatsuki get involved of course it would have to be towards the end of this fillers.
I dont know why theyre afraid to put naruto on break I think it would help rather than hurt it. I mean they stiil got one more movie to show and the kakashi thing can be done as OVAs that way peoople would have enough naruto the get them by I mean I wouldnt mined watching the whole series aver again

drcitan
Fri, 06-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I think this was the best filler episode i've ever seen in Naruto. The animation was good and the fighting was tight. I still don't think they will be seeing Sasuke though.

Aramis
Fri, 06-10-2005, 01:44 PM
they aren't going to confront sasuke in the filler, no. Probably just gonna save that Arashi guy. he won't be that hard to persuade to leave. orochimaru isn't even seriously trying to hide the fact that he doesn't give a shit about fuuma clan.

ChaosK
Fri, 06-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Unless you specifically want to keep someone alive, you're supposed to attack enemy ninjas with the intent to kill. If it wasnt for Jiraiya's mouth trap thing, Naruto would be dead now, and all because he didnt finish off kageru when used the rasengan on him.

Besides, a weaker rasengan isnt a "stage 1 rasengan"....if its stage 1, then its not a rasengan at all. I can expect jiraiya to have the talent to control exactly how much power is put into it and whether or not it will be fatal, but naruto shouldn't have that kind of skill.

People are surprised that oro can change his hair length and color.......despite that Tsunade can change her whole age!

tsunade cant really change her age, just her age appearence, she still IS like 50 some years old...

DayoftheDante
Fri, 06-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Seeing the rasengan blow someone's guts out their back would own. It worked on a metal water tank, why not the human body?
I like the old Orochimaru appearance better, but I still think his best uniform was the one he wore during the qualifying trials for the Chuunin exam, all black with the black Jounin vest. .

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't see how people can think the fairy trasfomation is gay while thinking Chouji's butterfly thing is cool. Its essentially the SAME FUCKING POWER! Even the fatal consequences. They both just activate differently.

kurinrin
Sat, 06-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Spoilers are not allowed here. Read the rules before posting.

GotWoot Moderator

ES
Sat, 06-11-2005, 05:07 AM
Uhm...what's the difference between an Ero and a Sukebe?

if there's any that is...

-_-"

~ES

Haruyuki
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by: ES
Uhm...what's the difference between an Ero and a Sukebe?

if there's any that is...

-_-"

~ES

I don't think there's any difference.

It's like me saying "don't call me a red apple!" and the other person saying "then I'll call you a green apple!"

Naruto just wanted to address Jiraiya in a way that showed what he felt Jiraiya really was - a pervert. Jiraiya didn't want to be called "ero-sennin", so Naruto, still wanting to label him a pervert, retorts back and calls him another word with the same meaning.

Assertn
Sat, 06-11-2005, 10:50 AM

tsunade cant really change her age, just her age appearence, she still IS like 50 some years old...

y...yes......thanks for the heads up, chaoskiddo i/expressions/rolleye.gif

weakest anbu
Sat, 06-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Waiting for chaoskiddo to post some shit like this:

"You are welcome AssertFailure i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif"

Mephiston Hunter
Sat, 06-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by: eskimå
....okey? The most crappy episode was the flashbacks and those were in at least 4 episodes. *Yawn*

Yeah, Sakura vs. Ino was definitely the worst. I felt that this episode was a bit rushed. When, fights were one moves, and then four seconds later you're in a castle. I'm just glad everyone died. Now, we can continue.

-Meph

Stop using signing off your name. Please read the rules.

GotWoot Moderator

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
Waiting for chaoskiddo to post some shit like this:

"You are welcome AssertFailure "

screw you, i wasnt about to.

American Hero
Mon, 06-13-2005, 12:46 AM
This arc is quite possibly the worst piece of trash to come out of Naruto, aside from the movie.

ChaosK
Mon, 06-13-2005, 03:58 PM
its taking too long too. if nothings going to happen, they mind as well end it.

Honoko
Mon, 06-13-2005, 04:14 PM
haha, it's only been 3 eps so far..... the tea country arc took about 6, didn't it?

edit: jurojin's right

Jurojin
Mon, 06-13-2005, 04:16 PM
don't you mean 3 episodes so far?

American Hero
Mon, 06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Three episodes too long.

Roko
Mon, 06-13-2005, 06:52 PM
better than no eps at all...I think. At least there's something to watch...

ChaosK
Mon, 06-13-2005, 08:08 PM
acctually if it was no ep, people might be watching reruns of the good episodes, which IS better than what they're showing right now so no ep in this case CAN be better i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

And i think we all know it will probably last another three episodes.

drcitan
Mon, 06-13-2005, 08:52 PM
acctually if it was no ep, people might be watching reruns of the good episodes, which IS better than what they're showing right now so no ep in this case CAN be better .

And i think we all know it will probably last another three episodes.

If you don't like the fillers why continue watching them. Your making the fillers seem horrible to watch but u download them every week.

Y
Mon, 06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by: Roko
better than no eps at all...I think. At least there's something to watch...

If Naruto just stopped for four months the next episodes would be far, far better for it.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-13-2005, 11:38 PM
The Japanese just need to follow our TV schedule and we would not have to worry about filler, we would get 26 eps a year and reruns in the summer, it would make for a better product since they are using an actual manga instead of making shit up for new episodes that have no relation to the actual story. Or they could just air Naruto and some other long running anime (like One Piece) on the same night with them alternating every other week. Japanese must not have anything to do since they get new TV every week of the year, they must not like to get out much, but it is us Americans that are the fat tards, why do the Japanese get to watch tons of TV and not get fat (must be the sushi) Its just not fair.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 06-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Honestly after I saw the mole man become a fairy I really do think that Naruto should just take a break. I think that time after time we've seen more then enough evidence to prove that the animation studio can't do jack shit unless they have Kishimoto's manga to adapt. At this point in the game I really don't think there is anything the staff writers can do to redeem themselves. There is far to much evidence pointing towards their incompetance.

Jump Festa 2003
Jump Festa 2004
The Naruto Movie
The Second Naruto Movie (you know it's going to suck)
The tea country story arc
The Konoah sports day special
and of course the rice country story arc

Honestly I'm very curious what the native japanese think of these new episodes. I'm guessing the younger kids are probably gobbling it up but something tells me any of the older fans are probably getting tired of it.

KitKat
Tue, 06-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Why does this exact same argument come up every time we have a filler episode? We all know it's filler, we all know it will most likely suck. Nothing any of us say or do is going to affect the way the writers do their job, or the way Japanese television is run. For all of you that loathe these filler arcs, just don't watch and leave the discussion here for those of us who actually want to discuss the episode.

Since we've already discussed the downfalls of this ep in detail, here's my high points.
1. The action moved at a decent pace, unlike other eps where fights get drawn out over several episodes.
2. It was nice to see Konoha ninjas using some trademark Konoha techniques like Kawarimi no Jutsu.
3. Um....can't think of anything else at the moment.

I'm actually surprised that Jiraiya has been leaving Naruto and Sakura alone so much, considering the promise he made to Tsunade. He definitely pulls his weight in this episode, but in previous episodes there are so many opportunities for sound nins to kill off Naruto and Sakura while Jiraiya is too far away to help.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 06-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Why does everyone bash the Konoha Sports Festival? It was the best episode of Naruto EVER.

For real, why do some of you fuckers take ia ten minute out of character clip so seriously?

Assertn
Tue, 06-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
2. It was nice to see Konoha ninjas using some trademark Konoha techniques like Kawarimi no Jutsu.

oh yeah i forgot about that......
that was another thing that bugged me....

kawarami isnt meant to make some inanimate object look like a person, it's meant to switch places in the heat of battle. They shouldve just used kage bunshins instead....

Turkish-S
Tue, 06-14-2005, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by: KitKat

oh yeah i forgot about that......
that was another thing that bugged me....

kawarami isnt meant to make some inanimate object look like a person, it's meant to switch places in the heat of battle. They shouldve just used kage bunshins instead....

yea i also noticed that, in the beginning of naruto it explaines what kawarami is its just changing of place and droping a item on the place you were.but you can't do that for a few minutes.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Maybe they were if those were actually them laying on the blanket and they were just faking being KOed. Then when they got attack SCHPLADOW!! KARAWAMI!

Rhanfahl
Wed, 06-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
The Japanese just need to follow our TV schedule and we would not have to worry about filler, we would get 26 eps a year and reruns in the summer, it would make for a better product since they are using an actual manga instead of making shit up for new episodes that have no relation to the actual story. Or they could just air Naruto and some other long running anime (like One Piece) on the same night with them alternating every other week. Japanese must not have anything to do since they get new TV every week of the year, they must not like to get out much, but it is us Americans that are the fat tards, why do the Japanese get to watch tons of TV and not get fat (must be the sushi) Its just not fair.

Well Foo, I believe the way it is this was is because manga has been around way longer in Japan, than comics in America. Its an entire fucking industry over there, where as here, its not nearly as much. I think the reason anime has been this way is because there is so much more anime going on, and its a huge competition. Besides the Japanese work ethic is far more strict than that of America (even though a vast majority of American's don't take their vacations....visit www.iwantmyvacation.com)! That and maybe the fans have Kishimoto locked in a room and are torturing him to punch out manga like a newspaper press. All I know is that comics are released like once a month in America....in Japan, its like weekly (bi-weekly at the most!). They're just crazy about their manga.

But I seriously agree that the quality of the episodes would increase drastically if they took some time instead of pumping shit out every week. Like when The Simpsons have their season finale people are like "aww...no new simpsons for 3 months...FUCK!" But with Naruto, I constantly see the addicts saying shit like "Why isn't the EPISODE XX out yet!!! the Raw has been out for 3 hours!!!!! WTF Hurry it up you bastards!" I would recommend that you take a break from the show and treat it like the season being over and wait for the anime to resume with the manga.

citric
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Maybe they were if those were actually them laying on the blanket and they were just faking being KOed. Then when they got attack SCHPLADOW!! KARAWAMI!

but they drank the tea and then they just fall in the ground if they used the KARAWAMI at that time, before being attacked they would just suffer the effects of the drink :S

i mean it wasn't too smart to make things happen this way cuz it sounded like they knew what was going to happen in the future lol (yer a girl so nice, injured by those guys was about to trick them and put them to sleep)

well its the first thing in the series that should/could be done in a more inteligent/diferent way. afterall i think it was very pleasant to see another naruto episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
Well Foo, I believe the way it is this was is because manga has been around way longer in Japan, than comics in America.

wrong.

Manga never really became part of japanese culture until the 1950s after WWII. The first creators of manga referred to western comics for inspiration in starting the industry that is there today. This can be seen in common practices such as paneled frames and word bubbles, for example, which were a part of American comics since way back in the 1920s.

If you have the Animatrix dvd....i suggest you watch the bonus segment that talks about the history of anime.

XanBcoo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
Well Foo, I believe the way it is this was is because manga has been around way longer in Japan, than comics in America.

wrong.

Manga never really became part of japanese culture until the 1950s after WWII. The first creators of manga referred to western comics for inspiration in starting the industry that is there today. This can be seen in common practices such as paneled frames and word bubbles, for example, which were a part of American comics since way back in the 1920s.

If you have the Animatrix dvd....i suggest you watch the bonus segment that talks about the history of anime.

...damn...
you got to him first.
Only I got my info from an article on ANN.