PDA

View Full Version : Game: Guild Wars!

Pages : [1] 2

Krbadass
Wed, 06-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I know theres already a thread for guildwars, don't flame me or die.
go to #gwguildwars if you play

basey44
Sat, 06-11-2005, 06:14 AM
can i ask how the hell u guys got past nolani acadamy, ive tried the mission and bonus over 6 times and havent been able to do it, is me and the groups im in retarded or is there a trick to it

Souryusen
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by: basey44
can i ask how the hell u guys got past nolani acadamy, ive tried the mission and bonus over 6 times and havent been able to do it, is me and the groups im in retarded or is there a trick to it

Hit the enemies real hard.

Oh, with your weapon.

Actually.. I believe that's the mission with the catapult, right? There are a few working catapults around. You should time your shots and take out char with them.

Augury
Sat, 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM
The mission with the catapults is Fort Ranik.

The mission at Nolani Academy is the one that's written out in the guildbook / "Guild Wars Manuscripts" that came with the game: Rurik and the flaming scepter mages are stuck in Nolani Academy and your team exits out the side to sweep around and clear out the sieging Charr. After you clear the Charr you head to the capital city of Rin with Rurik. The bonus is returning a tome of the fallen to its pedastal which some guard removed under orders.

I don't think there's any "trick" to completing the mission. Just play by a few common sense rules:
1. Bring a monk that can heal, and try to balance your group's professions. (don't go with four of one class)
2. Try to attack / draw / pull only one enemy group at a time and start on the edges.
3. If enemies are fighting each other (ex: spirits and devourers), let them duke it out before going in to clear out the survivors or they'll both turn on you.
4. Kill enemy heroes last. (usually)
5. Second part: don't leave Rurik alone although he's probably stronger than any individual in your team.

The bonus is a bit tough sometimes if you manage to aggravate over 6 spirits at a time because the spirits are pretty strong. I don't think you should have problems on the regular mission unless Rurik attacks 2-3 groups at the same time near the end.

ES
Sat, 06-11-2005, 09:10 PM
ok now im gonna ask here...Can I know uhm your INGS?

Just I might drop in a line or two..and to Y...bah i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

to the kid who had rejections too many and vents off at poeple who made a tiny mistake ^_^

Barumonk
Sat, 06-11-2005, 11:57 PM
In the early beta, the mission for nolani was known as the one where everyone brings a bow. We would stand on the cliffs on each side and kill everything we could reach before moving to the center. If you did it right, only the middle group with the named mob was left. They added arrow collision since then, so it doesnt work as well, but that might help you. With the bonus, just dont charge the ghost warriors, let them come to you and avoid them if possible. The last part of the mission is simply protecting Rurik, its not too hard unless you just suck. =P In Guild Wars, common sense = win. The most obvious and stupid methods often end up being the best.

Y
Sun, 06-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by: ES
ok now im gonna ask here...Can I know uhm your INGS?

Just I might drop in a line or two..and to Y...bah

to the kid who had rejections too many and vents off at poeple who made a tiny mistake ^_^

Tiny? You don't read before posting. Don't cry like I fucked up.

In game name, by the way, is Gendo Ikari.

basey44
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:53 AM
haha dont worry about my question, i managed to pull it off just after i posted here.

lol ur funny, bring a monk.

oh i didnt know about arrow collisions, thanks

Augury
Sun, 06-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't get it, what's funny about bringing a monk?

Krbadass
Sun, 06-12-2005, 10:05 PM
#gwguildwars irc.gotwoot.net

Board of Command
Mon, 06-13-2005, 05:22 PM
If you think Nolani Academy is hard, wait till Elona Reach in the desert. That place is a pain in the ass and you'll be so frustrated that you'll wanna quit after getting raped 10 times in a row with no end in sight. I only beat it because my party had an amazing tank that took nearly no damage the entire time. Unless you got a guy like that, it'll be tough.

Krbadass
Tue, 06-14-2005, 01:16 AM
My guys name is papa murphys

Sensei Jon
Wed, 06-15-2005, 05:03 AM
The only reason I had such a hard time on Elona Reach (and most the other desert missions) was because my teams would be full of morons. Instead of drawing groups of two to three like they are they will run right into the middle of them all. But once you find a competent team it is usually pretty easy.

KitKat
Wed, 06-15-2005, 07:33 AM
I didn't realize how sweet this game is until my brother sent me some screenshots last night from missions that he's done. I think I'm going to buy it. Not that I really need another game to distract me, but it's the summer, I can afford to be distracted.

ES
Wed, 06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Lol...if you guys think doing those starter missions are hard...try Abaddon's Mouth and Hell's Precipice...or running down at Lornar's with full lvl 20 players... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Good thing, I pay runners to do my bidding when im lazy and/or bored.

Krbadass
Wed, 06-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Guys im having this problem when i start up guildwars, it says connecting to arena net but it stays at 0% and doesn't move.... so i can't play, any ideas? I already tried reinstalling and contacting arena net.

Souryusen
Wed, 06-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by: Krbadass
Guys im having this problem when i start up guildwars, it says connecting to arena net but it stays at 0% and doesn't move.... so i can't play, any ideas? I already tried reinstalling and contacting arena net.

Have you done anything to your computer since the last time you played? Added any hard/software? Anything that might be reversed by using system restore?

Krbadass
Wed, 06-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I have system restore off so i can't do that. And i can't remember if ive added anything or not...

ES
Wed, 06-15-2005, 09:03 PM
How's your internet connection?

it happens to me too once in a while, normally I just turn off the program or my computer and restart again. And it also works for me.

also Free Chaos axe to anyone that can find me in game.

IGN Nadarei Karasu

Aclypze
Thu, 06-16-2005, 11:59 AM
you close my guild wars topic for an irc topic =( Anyways I'm looking for a new guild to join, my old one isnt very active. I'm mainly support and I have experience on PvP.

Board of Command
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok on my new monk, I beat Elona on my first try. Of course, the party actually worked as a team and we had no idiots running around. Working as a unit = nice

Now I'm royally stuck on River like I was stuck on Elona with my first character. Been in 4 parties so far, no avail. First party was good, but we just didn't have enough firepower to beat the last part. The following 3 were full of illiterate, non-English speaking, 10-year-old nooblets.

ES
Fri, 06-17-2005, 05:02 AM
Well if you need any help on any quest just give me a line...Id be more than happy to help..just say your from GW though..I get many random messages..

Krbadass
Mon, 06-20-2005, 08:18 PM
irc.gotwoot.net #gwguildwars

KitKat
Tue, 06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Alright, I just picked up this game tonight! It's so awesome, I'm totally addicted. My character is a R/Mo, currently level 4, named Arzu Ashurbeyli.

Aclypze
Thu, 06-23-2005, 09:29 PM
We have a gotwoot guild and you must join it! XD

Krbadass
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Yes, we now have a guild.

basey44
Mon, 06-27-2005, 02:54 AM
really? we got a guild now? whos in it. i made a little guild with my friends

Krbadass
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Me kit kat and aclypse so far.

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sat, 07-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey guys I just wondered what's your PC specs in running GUILD WARS?

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 05:19 PM
i was running it perfectly on a:
p3 1ghz
asus ati radeon 9600xt 128mb
384mb ram ( not even ddr LOL)
sb audigy 2zs
(currently on 3.4ghz)
so if you have anything higher than that it should work perfectly

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sat, 07-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info darkshadow, btw did you run all that on: low, med, or high? / Resolution? (ex.800x600, 1024x768)
Anyways I might get this game, been planning to get it awhile back ^_^

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 06:22 PM
it was at high, 1024 i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif, im geussing the fps didnt drop below 15, and was average at 22~
definatly get it, its awsome

Board of Command
Sun, 07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
Hey guys I just wondered what's your PC specs in running GUILD WARS?
Athlon64 2.5 GHz
512mb ram
Geforce 6600GT

I run window mode at 1280x960, max details, 2x anti-alias, ~60 fps

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sun, 07-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Hahaha nice pc spec there BOARD_of_command, That would definetely run everything on High ^_^
Man I want a Geforce 6600gt or even a 7800 GTX =D, Too bad I have to save up and work... heheh

Back on topic: I will try getting Guild Wars around this week.. or err.. month.

ES
Thu, 07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
ok if anyone is still playing GuildWars please send me an in game message. Im kinda laying low on my GW sessions cause of WoW and BF2. I have a handfull of Fieries and Fellies laying around as well as some Chaos Axes and Eternals..

Azriel Darksong

And

Nadarei Karasu are my in game characters.

Krbadass
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:52 PM
ES, your already in a guild.. i can't invite you.

ES
Wed, 07-20-2005, 05:34 AM
I know...sorry...I would be more than happy to join the GW guild but im the Guild Leader of mine...but I would more than happy to donate a few silver to your guild as well as some items...

Krbadass
Fri, 07-22-2005, 02:55 PM
im papa murphys or papa heal

ES
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:12 PM
and you play on the American Servers...right? I thnk ive seen your lurk around either HoH, Forge or The Temple one time.

Krbadass
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:55 PM
nope, wasn't me

ES
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Really? not even Droknar's Forge? I could've sworn I've seen you before..

o_O

KitKat
Thu, 07-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Ok seriously....where are all the gotwooters?? Get this game and join our guild!

On a side note, I picked up a max damage shortbow last night. As well as a major rune of somethingorother, which was exciting cause I never find cool stuff. Only a few more missions and I'll be level 16!

Hikyuu
Thu, 07-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Im thinking of getting the game.. but I just bought a psp to cope with bordom at work.. and my 'rents are pissed i got that.. maybe if I can find a burnt copy or something..

basey44
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
u need a cd key to set up ur account

Krbadass
Thu, 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by: ES
Really? not even Droknar's Forge? I could've sworn I've seen you before..

o_O

Ive been to the forge im pretty sure, maybe you saw me there.

Hikyuu
Fri, 07-29-2005, 06:25 AM
CD key? Im sure someone has a generator for it but w/e Id be willing to buy it....

KitKat
Fri, 07-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Hikyuu, this game is well worth the money. If you can scrape together enough pocket change to buy it, I would say go for it. Since there's no monthly fee, you only have to pay once. I think that getting this game was the best investment I made all summer.

ES, what servers do you play on? I get put on the American servers by default when I log in, but I always switch to the international servers because there are less people and it's less laggy.

Hikyuu
Fri, 07-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Kit I would but Im trying to save for otakon and a trip to japan this winter.. so I dunno e.e

Fightingdreamers
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Got a Question i see that u can play roleplaying and PvP ..... If u play Roleplaying can u play with other online player ?? and make a party with them ??

KitKat
Sat, 07-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Fightingdreamers, yes you can. I've never actually played PvP on this one before, but I love going on missions with my friends. In fact, one of the reasons I got this game was so that I could play with my brother who lives on the other side of the continent. At the beginning there's only a max of 2 people that you can have in your party, but that number increases quite a bit as you get farther in the game.

Fightingdreamers
Sat, 07-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Thx, KitKat.I wanna get it buz one of my friends gonna get so itīs almost the same reson i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif,
and one more question can u only be human ?

KitKat
Sat, 07-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah, there's only human characters. The choice you get is what class you want your character to be. There are 6 different classes that come with different skills and abilities. You choose a primary class when you start the game, then once you've started playing for a bit you can choose a secondary class. It might seem a bit confusing at first, but it's really easy to catch on. If you get the game and need any help, I'd be happy to take you through some missions.

ES
Mon, 08-01-2005, 07:31 AM
I usually play on the American Servers...Sometimes helping newbies with their quest if I get bored in UW or Lornar's. As for FD's questions, the two types of character "modes" are PvP and RP.

PvP means you can play ONLY in HoH or other PVP locations. HoH or Hall of Heroes is the main PVP area of the game where almost everyone around the globe participate to gain the gods' favour. You need the favour to gain entrance to certain areas. This areas contain extremely hard missions but contains impressively good items as well as cool looking ones(which took me a lot of time and gold to collect -_-" ) .

Roleplay or Rp means you can play the whole game. Based on my opinion, the rp type is better in so many ways than the PvP one. You can finish the story of the game, go to places your pvp character cant go, gain items in which you can use to fight in PvP areas and HoH(yes, RP characters can fight in PvP also). I'd be more than happy to tell more but im getting lazy again....

Enderz
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:57 PM
OK going to buy the game with my rl friend Fightingdreamers i hope the game is just as good as u guys say it is
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ES
Mon, 08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Well just dont forget to msg me in game just in case you see me. Im more than happy to help a fellow gw'er's.

Fightingdreamers
Mon, 08-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah,Hope itīs good ^^.. Kit Kat Whats your name in the game and what server u play on i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ??

KitKat
Mon, 08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Yay! I'm glad you guys are getting the game! My primary character is named Arzu Ashurbeyli. Just add me to your friends list, and you'll be able to see whenever I'm online. Or just join the lovely gotwoot guild, and you'll be able to see if any other gotwooters are online. Our guild is small right now, but we hope to get bigger. Let me know what you name your characters and I can invite you to the guild.

Edit: Oh yeah, I sometimes hang out in the American districts, but more often I'm in the international ones because there are less people there. So chances are you might see me there.

Fightingdreamers
Tue, 08-02-2005, 08:10 AM
I cant Install the game it pop up and error and the game laggs and i cant put in the Serial numbers

KitKat
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Hmm...sounds like it might be a problem with your internet connection, or maybe your computer doesn't have good enough specs to run the game....other than that, I dunno. Talk to Enderz and see if his installed correctly and maybe get him to have a look at yours.

Krbadass
Sat, 08-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm leaving the guild until more people from gotwoot start playing it.

Enderz
Wed, 08-10-2005, 03:40 PM
HI havent post at gotwoot much lately (playing guild wars with Fighting) , love the game cant stop playin it

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif my name is Shadow End easy to remenber and i hope to see you guys there peace

KitKat
Thu, 08-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Isn't it awesome? It's definitely been taking up most of my free time this summer. I convinced Kairi to get the game this week and now she's hooked too.

Enderz
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Thats goodi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

btw: i have listed you (ppl in this thread) in my friends hope i will get kairis name to (if shes not busy with the game)

Kairi
Thu, 08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
hey. yes, i'm officially addicted now too thanks to kit kat. i can thank her for every geeky addiction in my life i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
my name in the game is kairi kato and i belong to the wonderful GW guild!

Board of Command
Fri, 08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
My name is Converted Athiest if anyone wants to talk to me, get some help on missions (I've beaten the game), or to simply borrow some money i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Also, I'm working on a new Ranger/Necro character, and I'm currently at Divinity Coast with that. If you're also at that point or a little before that, maybe we can play together.

(and yes, I know, I spelled "atheist" wrong when I made my character)

Fightingdreamers
Fri, 08-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Hiya, My Name in the Game is Strike Freedoom i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.
If u want to Join Endrez and my Guild feel free to Ask

*Smile*

KitKat
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I played with Enderz last night, and we kicked some serious Tengu butt! Yeah! I tried to do some running with my Ranger, but I think I need to rearrange my skills so my health doesn't go down so fast. That, and my sprinting skill takes a long time to recharge which was my downfall as I got mobbed by 20 enemies.

Enderz, you and Fightingdreamers should get to the desert so we can do missions when I get back from camping at the end of the weekend i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Enderz
Fri, 08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Hope we will make it in time but i only like the quests beacouse of that i might slow down Fightingdreamers i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif he he

BTW: Really happy to see another kh fan (kairi) and a sig

Aclypze
Mon, 08-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I havent been playing this game cause I quit all games. All I do is breakdance, work, and homework. Sorry Krb for not being so into the guild when it was just created.

Krbadass
Mon, 08-15-2005, 10:25 PM
You guys can all join my current guild, its PaiN. Just msg me on guildwars and ill hook you up. I'm papa murphys or papa heal

KitKat
Wed, 08-17-2005, 02:06 PM
So, I went to the underworld today for the first time. My first run was alright except for half the group left in the middle. The second time I messed up and got my whole group killed. *SIgh* The people I played with were probably like, "wtf, that girl is such a n00b I'm never playing with her again."

dark maginn
Wed, 08-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
So, I went to the underworld today for the first time. My first run was alright except for half the group left in the middle. The second time I messed up and got my whole group killed. *SIgh* The people I played with were probably like, "wtf, that girl is such a n00b I'm never playing with her again."

lol i dont play but im trying to get it and i read ur post it made me laugh

basey44
Thu, 08-18-2005, 02:05 AM
lol i did that the first time i went into fissure of woe, i talked to a npc and we got swarmed by a heap of mobs, i wanted to try again though so i ended up forking out the entire 1 platinum to get back in

Board of Command
Sat, 08-20-2005, 05:13 PM
I am currently on the hunt for a max damage Shadow/Horn/Ivory bow with a +% dmg over 50% health mod. If you find/get one, I'll pay you 35k for it. Has to be 10 requirement or less and +13% or more. If both you and I think it should be more than 35k, I will give you more than 35k. I will pay up to 75k for it, because I am a rich bastard.

~~~~Okay I already got one. Although it's only +12%, it'll have to do for 17k. I know, I ripped myself off badly, but that's ok. I can't always get good deals.

ChaosK
Sun, 08-21-2005, 09:01 PM
i feel left out, all you bastards have like tubs of money that you bathe in and i just started today.

my name is Jay Chaosblade (i couldnt get creative but whatever)
and i'm a necro/monk.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
At first it's a real pain to earn money. Money making is an art, and you should learn it. At first it's very fun because you're just raking in the dough, but after a while you'll get bored of it.

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i feel left out, all you bastards have like tubs of money that you bathe in and i just started today.
No, a vast majority of players are still fairly poor. Most of those people just play the game to enjoy it, not to make money. For a while, I was focused solely on making money and was really proud to reach 100k. It was a lot of work.

If you got some questions, my name is I Am Xobile.

KitKat
Mon, 08-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Yay, Chaos you got the game! Don't worry, I barely have any money, but ever since I got to level 20 I can make a couple plat every time I play just from selling the stuff I pick up to merchants.

And now, for everyone that plays on American servers and has a high level character, we're going to Fissure of Woe tonight provided that America has favour. Probably around 7ish. So if any of you are interested in coming and fighting some crazy hard enemies as well as getting some very profitable drops, be online at that time and message me. Hopefully we can get a few gotwooters together for this and have some fun hanging out.

ChaosK
Mon, 08-22-2005, 02:21 PM
how can you tell what server your on? (not that i'm going to join this because my character level is really low.)

Board of Command
Mon, 08-22-2005, 06:01 PM
You are most likely on America.

KitKat
Tue, 08-23-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, BOC was the only gotwooter to show up last night, but it was still pretty good. Our team would have been kick-ass except between friends and guild-mates, we didn't quite have enough people to make up a party so we grabbed 3 random people. Two of these randoms left partway through the mission and they were both of our tanks, which was unfortunate. After that we didn't survive too much longer. We'll try this again in a week or two, and hopefully some of you who are still at lower levels can get to level 20 and get your characters ascended. Then, if you bail on me during a mission I know where to come to hunt you down i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ChaosK
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
why such a long duration? 2 wks?

KitKat
Tue, 08-23-2005, 04:10 PM
To be able to give more advance notice, and also to give people some time to catch up. The other reason is that I'm going camping next week and therefore won't be around. If you just want to do quests though, message me in game whenever you see me online and we can play.

ChaosK
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
what's the name of your character thats still at beginning?

KitKat
Wed, 08-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Ok, the Gotwoot guild is on a comeback!! Kairi and Chaoskiddo have both joined and play regularly.
@Enderz and Fightingdreamers: Is your guild still just the two of you? If so, you should seriously consider merging with the Gotwoot guild and adding to our numbers
NarutoMaster is going to be joining as soon as he gets the game, which should be as soon as he starts college. For those of you who are still considering getting the game, now is the time!! Join our Guild!!!

Fightingdreamers
Wed, 08-24-2005, 12:02 PM
well the guild is not going soo good =) so i guees i will join ya guild as soon i get online i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ChaosK
Wed, 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM
w00t, that means we'll have 5 peeps in guild!

and as soon i as i get to where you guys are, we'll all be useful!

Board of Command
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:54 PM
BOOO YAA
http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28streak7ce.jpg (http://http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7175/28streak7ce.th.jpg)

Board of Command
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry for double post, but edit button really doesn't work.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7175/28streak7ce.jpg

ChaosK
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:22 PM
is that in PVP?

Board of Command
Wed, 08-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Yes, random arena (Competition Arena). After 10 straight wins in random, you get sent to Team Arena. My team was awesome and we won 18 straight then in Team Arena before we lost a close match to IVEX, one of the well-known PvP guilds in all of the game. I still got 2 kills in that game i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Beating IVEX with a random team would have been my greatest accomplishment in Guild Wars, but oh so close...

basey44
Thu, 08-25-2005, 01:36 AM
haha u fat bastard, u blurred ur skills so we cant be as uber as u

Board of Command
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh that's because I made took this screenshot to use on a Guild Wars forum, so they can't be as uber as me. Here, I'll give you Gotwooters my skill set:

-Quick Shot
-Distracting Shot
-Kindle Arrows
-Troll Unguent
-Favorable Winds
-Quickening Zephyr
-Frozen Soil
-Res sig

I won't tell you my attributes, so you'll have to figure out that part by yourself i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Krbadass
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:22 AM
board, ive been looking for you to play with. Right now i only use my spiker but i was thinking of making a ranger. Im papa murphys so message me sometime or pm me and get my AIM

KitKat
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:53 AM
BoC, nicely done! I think the only skill there that I don't have is Frozen Soil. One of these days, we should get our rangers together and do an UW trapping run.

Fightingdreamers, in order for me to invite you into our guild you need to leave your current guild.

Chaoskiddo, if you go post-searing while I'm away camping, hold off on getting your new armor until I get back. I have tons of crafting materials, more than enough to make your new armor, so you don't need to worry about buying them. I'll be back next Friday, hopefully.

Board of Command
Fri, 08-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: Krbadass
board, ive been looking for you to play with. Right now i only use my spiker but i was thinking of making a ranger. Im papa murphys so message me sometime or pm me and get my AIM
~added you to my friends list, but I don't have AIM.

ChaosK
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:26 PM
BoC, nicely done! I think the only skill there that I don't have is Frozen Soil. One of these days, we should get our rangers together and do an UW trapping run.

Fightingdreamers, in order for me to invite you into our guild you need to leave your current guild.

Chaoskiddo, if you go post-searing while I'm away camping, hold off on getting your new armor until I get back. I have tons of crafting materials, more than enough to make your new armor, so you don't need to worry about buying them. I'll be back next Friday, hopefully.

lol i was about to go today, maybe i should hold off...nah a week's too long, well i already got the 2nd armor for necro through collectors so, i could hold off getting better armor until next friday.

Fightingdreamers i'll invite you as soon as you leave your current guild while kit's away.

basey44
Mon, 08-29-2005, 01:00 AM
hey, i was wondering if i could get a price check

ive got a
storm bow 14-27 req.11 marksmanship
highly salvageable (lol)

and a

eternal bow 13-25 req.7 markmanship

i have no idea if these are worth anything seeing as theyre not max dmg

Board of Command
Mon, 08-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Salvage the storm bow and just give away the eternal bow. They're both...worthless.

OR, you can keep the eternal bow and use it on your warrior for pulling mobs. That's what I did with my crappy storm bow.

KitKat
Mon, 08-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Try selling them for really cheap. You can at least get more for them that way than at the merchant. I can usually sell things like this by going to places like Yak's Bend where there aren't many other people selling things. Also, places earlier on in the game are more likely to have suckers that will buy your unwanted weapons i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
I managed to get someone to offer me 1k for a storm bow exactly like you described. The eternal bow you might try selling for 200g, but then again, I don't keep track of the market very well.

ChaosK
Mon, 08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
hey kit, werent you supposed to go camping on like friday?

NM
Mon, 08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok, the Gotwoot guild is on a comeback!! Kairi and Chaoskiddo have both joined and play regularly.
@Enderz and Fightingdreamers: Is your guild still just the two of you? If so, you should seriously consider merging with the Gotwoot guild and adding to our numbers
NarutoMaster is going to be joining as soon as he gets the game, which should be as soon as he starts college. For those of you who are still considering getting the game, now is the time!! Join our Guild!!!

Hey guys, I don't mean to disappoint you or anything but I didnt get Guild Wars *runs for cover*. I think I'm gonna be too busy with college and all. I'm still trying to adjust and such as well =/. Maybe I'll get it over the summer or something, because by then, all the expansions will be out for it to most likely.

ChaosK
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:07 PM
if your not still running, you better start again i/expressions/devil.gif

basey44
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Salvage the storm bow and just give away the eternal bow. They're both...worthless.

OR, you can keep the eternal bow and use it on your warrior for pulling mobs. That's what I did with my crappy storm bow.

Try selling them for really cheap. You can at least get more for them that way than at the merchant. I can usually sell things like this by going to places like Yak's Bend where there aren't many other people selling things. Also, places earlier on in the game are more likely to have suckers that will buy your unwanted weapons
I managed to get someone to offer me 1k for a storm bow exactly like you described. The eternal bow you might try selling for 200g, but then again, I don't keep track of the market very well.

ahhahahah i love people in ascalon city, i sold the storm bow for 1.2k and managed to sell the eternal bow for 1.5k

ChaosK
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
lol, some people are like BoC i guess.

Board of Command
Tue, 08-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Oh no, those people are just stupid. I'm generous because I'm actually rich. I know the values of the things I buy, but I will rip myself off if I really want something.

ChaosK
Tue, 08-30-2005, 08:10 PM
and what if they really wanted that?

KitKat
Wed, 08-31-2005, 06:40 PM
@Chaoskiddo: I was camping for a while, I was also at my parents house for a bit (still am) where crappy dial-up connection = no Guild Wars. But no worries, I'll probably be back to my place tomorrow and GW is one of the first things I have on my list of things to do when I get back i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

@basey: Very nicely done!! *high five* You can sell stuff for me anytime

@NM: Seriously, this is the worst news ever. You're gonna wait all the way till next summer??? It'll only take you a few months to get settled in and get the hang of things. And you can do what I'm gonna do and just play GW on weekends. I can't believe you're deserting us. *KitKat cries in the corner*

Krbadass
Wed, 08-31-2005, 06:52 PM
You guys should just join my guild, have two friends in it who both go to gotwoot. We could call it the gotwoot guild.

NM
Wed, 08-31-2005, 11:04 PM
@NM: Seriously, this is the worst news ever. You're gonna wait all the way till next summer??? It'll only take you a few months to get settled in and get the hang of things. And you can do what I'm gonna do and just play GW on weekends. I can't believe you're deserting us. *KitKat cries in the corner*

Ok ok, once things get in motion in college, then I'll get Guild Wars for you guys. I guess it takes awhile to get adjusted, its such a huge change (for me at least). I guess since my classes haven't started yet, I'm not used to setting time aside for fun and time for studying. That should come along as the semester begins. Now don't cry!

basey44
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:39 AM

hahha its not hard, just go to acalon, but not distraict 1 cos therees too much spam there, and sell stuff for inflated prices, as long as it soundfsd awesome or is aweome some noob will buy it for an excelletne price i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ChaosK
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
@Chaoskiddo: I was camping for a while, I was also at my parents house for a bit (still am) where crappy dial-up connection = no Guild Wars. But no worries, I'll probably be back to my place tomorrow and GW is one of the first things I have on my list of things to do when I get back

aww NM your so kind, kit's all cheery again.

Krbadass
Thu, 09-01-2005, 05:49 PM
join my guild

ChaosK
Thu, 09-01-2005, 09:29 PM
which is...?

Krbadass
Fri, 09-02-2005, 12:44 AM
The guild is called Pain

KitKat
Fri, 09-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Krb, invite me

Krbadass
Fri, 09-02-2005, 12:59 AM
name?

ChaosK
Fri, 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
oookay looks like its time to all join KrB's clan.

KitKat
Fri, 09-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Well, seeing as the only other two people in the guild right now haven't been on in 2 or 3 weeks, I think I'm gonna join my brother's guild for a while until things pick up and more people start playing regularly.

ChaosK
Fri, 09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
i should leave this guild too then...that means i need a guild.

Krbadass
Sat, 09-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Bah - Fine then kitkat

Necromas
Wed, 09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
The few rules of Guild Wars:

1. There is ALWAYS an idiot in your group unless your only grouping with friends you know.

2. If you can't spot the idiot in your group, it's probabally you.

3. The idiot in the group will always cause you to lose (when you do lose) by doing one of the following:
-failing to heal (if monk)
-failing to tank (if warrior)
-aggro'ing another group of enemies when one group is already aggro'ed on your party
-aggroing 2 groups of enemies when ditto
-ditto but a boss
-sucking
-having a vital NPC follow him/her and then leading the NPC to their death
-I can go on...

4. No matter how close you are to the end of the mission, and how easy it will be, if one group member leaves EVERYONE will.

5. You only fail to salvage the best components i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

KitKat
Thu, 09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Last night was the UPDATE!! So what does everyone think of the new components? Guild invites are now a bit pricey, I assume to discourage people from constantly joining and leaving Guilds for the purposes of scamming them. I'd heard beforehand that the price of buying skills was going to increase, but I never thought it would get as expensive as it did. And has anyone come across one of those new chests that needs to be opened with a special key?

I also went adventuring to find Grenth's Footprint and we made it to the Deldrimor War Camp. I'm fairly pleased with this new area. The quests there are worth a lot of exp, comparable to the underworld.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: Necromas
The few rules of Guild Wars:

.......blah............blah.......blaah

That's why I've learned to love henchies.

KitKat
Fri, 09-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Anyone here have an Ele that uses water magic? If you have 9 water magic, I might just have a present for you.

ChaosK
Fri, 09-09-2005, 01:17 PM
argh shit, i broke my leg and i can only get to this laptop and i cant find my guild wars CD to install it...

NOO i feel so left behind, are you all still seperated and leaving me behind to starve?

Sapphire
Fri, 09-09-2005, 10:59 PM
You can go to the site and download the client. Just as good as the CD and not as long to install. =)

ChaosK
Fri, 09-09-2005, 11:20 PM
oh...well then, what about CD key?

Sapphire
Fri, 09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Ooh, well if you havnt made an account, I cant help you there =/

ChaosK
Sat, 09-10-2005, 03:19 PM
i already have...wait, when i reinstall i dont have to put in cd key again?

Sapphire
Sat, 09-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Nope. All yah have to do is give it your email and your password and your in.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-10-2005, 06:02 PM
oh sweet, thanks a lot hey kitkat, i'll be on so invite me any time.

edit: uhh sapphire i dont see where i can download client.
edit2: just found it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

uhh kit how do i leave the guild?!

Board of Command
Sat, 09-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
uhh kit how do i leave the guild?!
Click the little icon beside your name in the guild window.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-10-2005, 07:03 PM
" you cannot leave the guild you are teh leader"

ChaosK
Sat, 09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
nevermind, got it, made that unknown guy a guild leader

oh shit, double post sorry.

KitKat
Sun, 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't know how this is possible, but I'm actually more addicted to this game now than I was during the summer. This is bad news for my studies. Schoolwork might start to get neglected...
Anyways, the new area is so amazing, we need to plan a foray out to do some missions. I'm thinking sometime next weekend if people are free. I want to play with you guys! Chaos, I'm sure you can get caught up in a weeks time i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

And welcome to the forums, Sapphire! Good to see another Guild Wars player here! If you ever need any help in game, give me a shout. My character is Arzu Ashurbeyli.

ChaosK
Mon, 09-12-2005, 04:49 PM
weeks time...thats like, weeks right? (wow i cant believe i typed something so dumb, i'll just leave it in here for a few laughs)

i dunno kit, it takes me now like 1 hour of fighting (straight) to level or something (this is an estimate because i've never fought straight for 1 hour.

Board of Command
Mon, 09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
You don't level up by fighting, you level up by doing quests and missions. You can get to lvl 20 without any "training" just by doing all the missions and most of the quests up to that point (Sanctum Cay).

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 03:48 PM
it might've been good for me to know this say one hour ago?

Board of Command
Wed, 09-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Ok guys, now I'm looking for a Sword Pommel of Enchanting > 15%. If you find one on a sword, salvage it. If you see someone selling one for cheap, get it. I will pay you 10k to 30k for it.

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
i dont quite get the salvage deal, someone explain?

Board of Command
Wed, 09-14-2005, 09:22 PM
If you use an Expert Salvage Kit on an item with a prefix or suffix, you have a chance to acquire that upgrade component. It doesn't work on collector or quest-reward items. Example:

You find a "Hale Fire Staff of Enchanting". If you use an Expert Salvage on it, you will either get "Hale Staff Head", "Staff Wrapping of Enchanting", or some wood planks.

KitKat
Wed, 09-14-2005, 11:04 PM
BoC, I'll keep an eye out for one. I'll ask my guild mates too, and see if anyone has one. I'm not playing on weekdays anymore though on account of school, so I'll get back to you on the weekend.

ChaosK
Thu, 09-15-2005, 08:18 PM
same as above, i rarely go on now.

Board of Command
Fri, 09-16-2005, 05:08 PM
This is my new necro that I use for random arena. I just made it last night and I love it.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2391/brickfactory2xq.jpg
Here's a piece of friendly advice to anyone that plays random arena: unless you can withstand 100 dmg per second, stay far away from me.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-17-2005, 12:15 AM
your new necro has better armor than my current one?

Board of Command
Sat, 09-17-2005, 11:23 AM
It's the PvP Tormentor armor. It's AL 70.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:32 PM
i need a guild...kit your brother's never on.

Board of Command
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm no longer looking for that enchant upgrade. Thanks for looking.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
BoC dont you ever come here just to say hi?

Board of Command
Sat, 09-17-2005, 11:58 PM
No need. I'm all business i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ChaosK
Sun, 09-18-2005, 12:06 PM
*sigh* BoC doesnt do pointless things, what a shame.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-18-2005, 12:13 PM
GO TO MY GUILD WARS CONTEST THREAD FOR A CHANCE TO WIN FREE STUFF!!

ChaosK
Wed, 09-21-2005, 09:20 PM
its never gonna end =(

DO
Mon, 09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I bought Guild Wars this morning, awesome game.

Board of Command
Mon, 09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
And you missed the contest by 2 days I believe.

ChaosK
Mon, 09-26-2005, 07:16 PM
BoC you should hold another one (wink)

Board of Command
Mon, 09-26-2005, 10:07 PM
I just gave away over 70k in prizes...give me a break!

ChaosK
Wed, 09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
i didnt get anything so, of course i'd ask for another one =)

Krbadass
Fri, 09-30-2005, 11:08 AM
You suck chaos

ChaosK
Fri, 09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
thanks krbadass, i can always count on you.

Krbadass
Fri, 09-30-2005, 03:57 PM
For?

ChaosK
Fri, 09-30-2005, 05:16 PM
useless comments? what i need to count on you for something? cant i just count on you?

anime050
Mon, 10-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Well, I just picked up Guild Wars. Tell me what you favorite PVP class is, and why =P.

That way, I dont make useless characters =D

KitKat
Tue, 10-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Sweet!!! DragonOutlaw AND a50 playing! This game just gets better and better.

a50, I don't do much PvP. I prefer the role-playing aspect of the game, and going on missions with people (and finding lots of cool treasure too, of course). Personally though, my main character that I play is a ranger, and I love it. Rangers are a really versatile class, although not in as much demand as, say, warriors or monks. Mesmers are a pretty neat class for PvP because they have so many hex skills that can make your enemies' offence ineffective. BoC probably has some better advice for you since I know he does a lot of PvP.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I haven't played Guild Wars for about a week now because I got some other stuff I need to take care of. For PvP, the key is creativity. Don't make cookie-cutter builds because they're not fun. Cookie-cutter builds include:

-air elementalist
-W/Mo that doesn't use smiting
-W/E knockdown-aftershock
-necro that uses Life Siphon and Life Transfer (they are "teh lame c0mbo")

I'm not saying these are bad builds, I'm just saying they're very typical and generally not very fun to play. When I PvP, I predominantly play random arena because everyone in tombs is hardcore and the chances of finding a competent team is virtually zero. I play random arena to have fun, but at the same time winning. I love creative builds that people don't see often. My 2 necro builds work amazingly well in random arena, especially my latest one called Brick Factory. I made a post about it earlier, so if you see me (I'm the ONLY necro in all of random arenas that look like that), stay the hell away from me because I will destroy you in seconds.

To answer your question, my favorite PvP class would have to be necromancer. Not only does it take decent skills, but it also requres vast knowledge of game mechanics and other classes to play a "good build". A good build is something like my Brick Factory.

My necro uses Dark Aura/Aura of the Lich. That should give you an idea of what kind of build I am.

Krbadass
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
BOC, your advice only works for someone whos played it a while, hes new.

anime050
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I had no idea what the hell was going on there. Lol.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Well you really shouldn't be going into PvP as a noob. Just play through the entire game in roleplay and you'll learn most of the important stuff. Play through again with a different class and you'll learn even more. Once you're comfortable with the stuff I wrote, it's PvP time i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

ChaosK
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:38 PM
how do i transfer my RP account to PvP?

Board of Command
Tue, 10-04-2005, 07:59 PM
You don't. You just go in to an arena and fight. If you make a PvP character, that character can ONLY go to arenas.

ChaosK
Tue, 10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
gotcha BoC

Krbadass
Wed, 10-05-2005, 09:36 PM
BOC, whats the best second class for a necro, im making one.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
That I don't know. For my hex build I use mesmer for Inspiration skills. It's a fairly energy-intensive build so Inspiration helps to recover some of that energy.

For my current build, I use only necro skills because those 7 skills are all I need for the build. They deal damage, heal, and protect me all at the same time. My secondary is warrior just to confuse the opponents because nobody plays a N/W...

As long as your secondary helps with your build, it's fine.

Krbadass
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I was thinking warrior.. but does it matter?

Board of Command
Thu, 10-06-2005, 08:46 PM
It all depends on your build. My hex build must use mesmer for secondary, while my "ownage" build can be any secondary and it doesn't matter. That's the beauty of Guild Wars: it all depends on what you want to do.

Krbadass
Thu, 10-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Well, whats the best for pvp

Board of Command
Thu, 10-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I guess in random arena, my necro build reigns supreme. It has insane damage output and superb energy efficiency. I'm not going to tell you the build, but it's a N/W that focuses on Dark Aura/Aura of the Lich. As I said before, the W secondary does nothing for the build.

Krbadass
Thu, 10-06-2005, 09:50 PM
lol why wouldn't you tell me the build? is it a secret?

anime050
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:07 PM
If he were to leak out his build, others would steal it =P.

Thus losing his uniqueness, or so to speak.

Anyway, Is there any quick way to go through RP part.

Krbadass
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:11 PM
He can pm it, and who cares if i use it i barley play the game.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by: anime050
Yes and no. The point of going through RP is to unlock skills and items for PvP char, while learning the different professions. Yes, there is a way to "rush through", but it really won't benefit you at all.

And sorry KrB, I really don't wanna give out my build. Dark Aura/Aura of the Lich is practically the whole build. I just won't give you the other bits and pieces that go with those 2 skills. But based on what those 2 skills do, you should have an idea of what this build is. I believe the common name for it is "Dark Bomber", but mine is a bit more efficient than those other ones out there.

Krbadass
Fri, 10-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Jerk

KitKat
Fri, 10-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

Originally posted by: anime050
Yes and no. The point of going through RP is to unlock skills and items for PvP char, while learning the different professions. Yes, there is a way to "rush through", but it really won't benefit you at all.
I'd have to disagree with BoC here. Most of the best items and skills that you can unlock can be found most easily in the later parts of the game. If you do only skill quests and get someone to run you through the missions, you can progress quite quickly to the areas where the best treasure is to be found. a50, I've gotten to be a decent runner with my character, and I could run you through a lot of missions pretty easily. We took Kairi through almost half of the game in a single weekend, it's not too difficult. Once you get to the desert though, running doesn't work and you have to find good teams to get through the rest of the missions.

Krbadass
Fri, 10-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Ive had someone run me through the desert

Board of Command
Fri, 10-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Elona Reach is runnable. The other 2 aren't.

Teh XYZ
Sat, 10-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey, i play this game too...where are you guys?

Board of Command
Sat, 10-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I beat the game 4 times and Sorrow's Furnace once. Now I'm mostly PvPing in random arena.

Krbadass
Sun, 10-09-2005, 03:40 AM
how do i get sorrows furnace?

KitKat
Mon, 10-10-2005, 12:41 PM
In the mountains, there's a place called the Deldrimor War Camp. Sorrows Furnace is just outside of there and has missions with experience comparable to the underworld.

Aclypze
Thu, 10-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Should I start playing this game again? I let my friend play with my account and now it has nothing. It's like starting over and I'm not sure if I want to do that.

ChaosK
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:11 PM
yeah u should, i never see anyone on anymore : (

KitKat
Tue, 10-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I still love this game, I just can't play often due to my terrible school workload. Generally you can find me playing Friday or Saturday nights. If you're on, I can run you through missions, since I've become decent at running with my ranger.

Krbadass
Wed, 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
This games not very fun anymore.. i bought a guild hall i guess that was cool

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Erm... may sound like a stupid question but is it worth getting this game? Do any of you guys play it?

Board of Command
Thu, 10-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I play it, just haven't got the time recently. Currently working on Xenogears. I'll be back to full time Guild Wars after I beat Xenogears.

Is it worth it? Depends on what you're in to. This isn't the typical MMORPG out there.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-27-2005, 09:04 PM
To be honest I have never played an MMORPG before... so I don't even know what it is like to play one. The game I played a lot online was a while ago and that was Unreal Tournament (yeah, the original one).

I have been put off by World of Warcraft by allegations that it has spyware in it, plus the graphics of Guild Wars look better. Also, having free online gameplay always helps.

Fightingdreamers
Sat, 10-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Long time no see xD..... How it going with GW ?

I stoped play this bus of the low selection of armors and weapon i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Aclypze
Sun, 11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
I started playing again. Lvl 11 Mo/Ele Protection Monk. I'm stuck at Yaks Bend.

KitKat
Mon, 11-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Lol, Yak's Bend isn't very far. I'm stuck on the Sorrow's Furnace quests. A couple of them are really difficult unless you have a really good group. Did any of you guys play at Halloween? That was so fun. I can't wait to see what they'll do for Christmas.

Krbadass
Thu, 11-10-2005, 03:42 AM
I play sometimes.. i made a mesmer and a necro... necro level 8 i think mesmer level 4, i just get bored of it quick.

ChaosK
Mon, 11-14-2005, 04:58 PM
lol my necro/mo is still like level 9 or 13 i dont remember. mainly because nobody ever plays and this game is boring if you dont have a group.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Mon, 11-14-2005, 05:43 PM
i played this game for a while(my first MMORPG) and i thought it was awesome. now that iv beaten the game i really dont see the point of playing anymore for anything other than PvP. also it seems like everytime i log on theres a new update that just nerfs something to hell

ES
Thu, 11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
One of the few reasons I lost interest over the game. After managing to rake gold of around 500k, they "nerfed" some things which made it a little disapointing for me.

Aclypze
Tue, 11-29-2005, 10:18 PM
I just heard about a new class coming out. I wonder if it will be good. Anyone know what it is and when it'll come out? Or is it going to come with the next expansion.

ChaosK
Tue, 11-29-2005, 10:44 PM
eh, not sure if im gonna buy another expansion...

Board of Command
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:26 PM
The new class is assassin.

ChaosK
Wed, 11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
thats cool, must make assassin....

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Wed, 11-30-2005, 10:19 PM
i think its coming out next year. i wonder if they will make any new skills or weapons for existing classes though

sevyfez
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey if anyonw wanna play together my names in the games are Jin Fellblade, Ethereal Avenger, Elemental BLISS and Jinchu Hitokori.

If u do come to me please let me know that ure fom the forum.

Thank You!

ChaosK
Mon, 12-26-2005, 11:16 PM
any body play during winterfest...winterest....i forget what it was called....

Necromas
Wed, 12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Wintersday, and its still going on, and I got me tons of holiday items, and an IDS!!!

Icy Dragon Sword FTW!

ChaosK
Thu, 12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
where do i get all this stuff?

Board of Command
Thu, 12-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Damn my game is messed up. Won't launch after one of those november updates...

Too lazy to fix it.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-01-2006, 11:25 PM
I love watching the guild battles.. keep getting Error 7's though.

Watch everyones going to have an assassin next year lmao..

GW gets boring after you beat it

BTW- My sn's Sapphire Springs if anyone needs help with a mission..

AngelEyez
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Players will get their first chance to experience the new campaign when ArenaNet opens its servers to everyone for the Guild Wars: Factions Global Free-for-All PvP Weekend. This worldwide eventscheduled for January 20 through 22is open to both existing Guild Wars players and to those who do not have a Guild Wars account. ArenaNet is distributing free access keys to the event at http://www.guildwars.com.[/Q (http://]http://www.guildwars.com.)

Source:

http://www.guildwars.com/press/pr13-10-01-06.html

If you don't have Guild Wars the upcoming event might interest you if you want to see what the game is like i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Also:

http://guildwars.gameamp.com/news/viewNews/1819.php

Some info about the new professions; the Assassin and the Ritualist.

If you ever need some help or just want someone to play with I go by the name of Aziza Khepri ingame i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deadfire
Thu, 01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
After not playing for a long time (About a year) I've started again. Althought some funny stuff had happened

- I already had I guild (for some odd reason I don't remember joining one)
-I'm the leader of this gulid (Granted I'm only the leader because the othe guild memebrs have not been one in 6 months)
- I deleted my Old Charactor that was level 19....but for got to sell it's stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
- Started playing a Ele/necro

So if you see anyone by the name Mortuus Incendia (Deadfire In Latin) say hello

BioAlien
Thu, 01-12-2006, 11:13 PM
lol Deadfire, like you i have started to play again ^.^

After not playing for 4 month, i've started again ^.^
i deleted my lvl 16 Ele/Mesmer (why the hell did i choose mesmer...) i was a Fire Ele
but before i deleted it, i put all my stuff in storage (i want to see if i can wear my stuff back again ^^)
after thats i recreated another guy with the same name (another Ele)
Now i'm a Air Ele/Monk (yay heal meself ^.^)
Lvl 5 (soon 6) 'Bio Alien' so if you see me... don't say hello because i won't answer if i don't know who you are ^.^

and i'm looking for someone do to some quest that require a partner...

DO
Sat, 01-14-2006, 04:03 AM
I have a level 13 W/R and you may catch me on one of the servers if your lucky enough i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif I go by my gamer tag SynthD.

Aclypze
Fri, 01-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Ritualist is awsome. At least the healign one is, havent tried the other one. Spirits are pretty cheap. I'm not too fond of assasins so far, die too fast or maybe i just suck. I wish they unlocked all the skills so we can customize.

kAi
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I was bored one day so i decided to buy the game.
IMPULSE and a half.

yeah, I'm level 13
I'm so noob

KitKat
Thu, 01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Woo, yeah!!! Kai, add me to your friends list, and I'll go adventuring with you! I currently have 3 characters, one of which is fairly near the beginning. I should be playing Friday night (Ontario time).

ChaosK
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:23 PM
hey guys count me in friday night, it'd be fun to acctually advance further in this game...

Necromas
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:50 PM
My IGN is Necromas Darklight if anyone wants to friendlist me and do some adventuring/PvP wit me.

kAi
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Nice, I'll try and jump on, should be fun, get out to some new places, and some more skills and levels.

I've been trying out different skills to see what goes best for what.

Deadfire
Fri, 01-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Anyone try out those new classes... some sick combos have come out with them and the Ele/Ass has a new out look at Nukering.... Shadow step in to the middle of it, nuke, and shadow step out...

KitKat
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I think we're going to try to plan an underworld or fissure run for next weekend, assuming America has favour. Or, if there are a significant amount of people on European servers, we might venture into that new UW entrance that appeared in....bah, I forget the name....the place adjoining Dragon's Lair. Probably Saturday evening, maybe 7pm. So for those of you who aren't ascended yet, go go go!! I know for a fact that DO only needs to do one mission per night to get there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shuurai
Wed, 02-01-2006, 03:35 AM
I got to The Ring of Fire last night and I'm having serious financial problems as well a finding a party who dont quit on me. Anyone got any tips, for making cash I mean.

kAi
Wed, 02-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I need a new weapon, sword

anyone?

hehe

KitKat
Wed, 02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Whoa, funny you should ask. I picked up a really sweet sword last weekend and I've been looking for someone to give it to. It's gold, got nearly perfect mods, the only drawback is that it's not max damage (it's 13-18 I believe). So, perfect for a lower level warrior, req 6 swordsmanship. If you're interested Kai, it's yours.

kAi
Wed, 02-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll take it

and on another note, i just got level 18.
hehe

ChaosK
Wed, 02-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Whoa, funny you should ask. I picked up a really sweet sword last weekend and I've been looking for someone to give it to. It's gold, got nearly perfect mods, the only drawback is that it's not max damage (it's 13-18 I believe). So, perfect for a lower level warrior, req 6 swordsmanship. If you're interested Kai, it's yours.

lol kitkat somehow always finds the goodies to give others, like my necro staff. also, since when soes 18 count as "lower level warrior"??

AngelEyez
Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
i just got level 18.
hehe

I wonder when DO will reach level 18, or 16 for that matter i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

KitKat
Thu, 02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Whoa Kai, you've been making awesome progress through the game! I didn't realize you were so far. I can give you the sword, but you'll probably want to stay on the lookout for a max damage one too. I think I have some sword mods you could apply if you got a clean max damage sword, which is pretty easy to come by. If you need materials for crafting new armor just give me a shout as well. I'm usually pretty well stocked up on crafting materials.

@AE: Hehe, DO is such a slacker. He averages about one level every two weeks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Well I finally took the time to fix my Guild Wars. Maybe I'll find some time off and dish out a little bit of ownage once in a while with my necro. I'm pretty sure they haven't nerfed by build in the past couple months.

ChaosK
Fri, 02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Whoa Kai, you've been making awesome progress through the game! I didn't realize you were so far. I can give you the sword, but you'll probably want to stay on the lookout for a max damage one too. I think I have some sword mods you could apply if you got a clean max damage sword, which is pretty easy to come by. If you need materials for crafting new armor just give me a shout as well. I'm usually pretty well stocked up on crafting materials.

@AE: Hehe, DO is such a slacker. He averages about one level every two weeks

i'm averaging a level every.....3 weeks? including the first like 5 which were just talking to people and getting exp.

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Well I'm sitting at 14 going on 15 not far into the game it seems....I just got to the Lion Arch and got a runner to get me to droks....but thats where I sit.....no where near you guys

It sucks

ChaosK
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:33 PM
i'm still at the acadamey...or something like that i dunno havent been on for 2 months.

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Chaos, get on sometime I'll be willing to go back to help you out.

I got to the wilds..woot!

kAi
Sat, 02-04-2006, 08:22 PM
I've gotten as far as Ventari's Refuge, but I think I might head back to get some of my Kryta quests completed.

DO
Sun, 02-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by: AngelEyez

Originally posted by: kAi
i just got level 18.
hehe

I wonder when DO will reach level 18, or 16 for that matter

I'm like 1,000 xp away from level 16. =)

@AE: Hehe, DO is such a slacker. He averages about one level every two weeks

Im not a slacker! Its because... Look over there!!! *runs*

AngelEyez
Sun, 02-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by: DragonOutlaw

I'm like 1,000 xp away from level 16. =)

Im not a slacker! Its because... Look over there!!! *runs*

Omg so close to level 16, makes a change for you i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif We still need to play more often so you can ascend and reach level 20 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I advice all you beginners to play necro after you get a hang of the game. Necro has a lot of interesting builds, and less cookie cutter crap like the other classes.

KitKat
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I have a necro in pre-sear right now that I haven't played in months, but dusted off this week so I could play with my cousin who just got the game. I'd forgotten how fun necro is.

And, DO is finally level 16. We should have a parade to celebrate this momentous event.

kAi
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Sorry DO, since you decided to get 16, I decided to get 19.

I've always love necro's, it's my second profession. I've been necro's in alot of games, especially Diablo, I like to be one man armies, except I haven't been using that skill.

Enderz
Tue, 02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Just strated to play guildwars again and i got one lv 20 and one at lv 19. R sahle and Shadow end. Havent been online in gotwoot latly so i have lost conact with you all =P

im at dragon's lair with my lv 20 monk i took on dobbeldanger myself with my monk =) and i need help with desert on my necro , wondering if anyone here can run meīto augry rock =) pretty please

and oh yeah does anyone here sell superior rune to monks cuz im gone make my monk a 55hp and my necro 2 but ill worry about that later

C ya in guild wars and dont forget to add me =)

Krbadass
Mon, 02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Hmm.. I wonder if i should start playing this again and get the gotwoot guild back, i have a guildhall buti donno if i can transfer it to another guild.. i could just make the guild i have now the gotwoot guild for you guys.

stos289
Thu, 03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Bad news (http://www.whatpc.co.uk/vnunet/news/2151224/identity-theft-victims-sue) for all you Guild Wars players out there. Apparently NCsoft, the company who makes and runs the game, has been sued for several cases of identity theft. Don't know how this will affect the game, but it doesn't look too good for the company.

Assassin
Tue, 05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
So i finally got guild wars, and started playing it last nite. Pretty intrtesting so far. Is there still a GW guild around, or enough people to warrant a new one?

I know DO, AE and Kitkat still play, though they're way above me rite now (Dont worry DO, i'll beat you in 2 days).

let me know if you guys are still playing and we'll plan something out.

Btw, Im a lv 2 warrior and i was wondering what i should choose as a secondary class. My friend suggested monk cuz of the healing and stuff, but i wanna know if theres somehting else i should be looking at. Especially cuz he's a warroir too and he'll go monk for his second class, so i wanna know what other profession i can choose to have a nice range of skills and abilities between the two of us.

Deadfire
Tue, 05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Well I've been playing off and on, for a long time now, and all I can say is play what ever feels right. A warrior class doesn't have much Mana so picking a class that uses magic is not always a good thing. My Ele/Nec was to do as much damage as possible with a Team and make sure they can get out alive. Both AE and DO have seen the "Well of Blood" owns house

Board of Command
Tue, 05-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Btw, Im a lv 2 warrior and i was wondering what i should choose as a secondary class. My friend suggested monk cuz of the healing and stuff, but i wanna know if theres somehting else i should be looking at. Especially cuz he's a warroir too and he'll go monk for his second class, so i wanna know what other profession i can choose to have a nice range of skills and abilities between the two of us.
Do not go Warrior/Monk. It is considered "teh_n00b" build. At first it might seem fun to play, but after a while it gets extremely boring. Not that I'm talking from experience or anything, but based on the skills available to you with W/Mo, I can pretty much imagine the common builds.

Pretty much all warrior builds are rather useless in PvE because the other professions can tank just as good provided you know how. There are a lot more interesting things to do with warriors in PvP, but you're probably not gonna get into that any time soon.

I suggest you first play a noob-friendly caster build, aka Elementalist/Mesmer. It'll do well throughout most of the game, allowing you to learn the essentials before you get into the better parts of the game. Despite what a lot of people say, I suggest you don't play minion master necro as a beginner build because it's pretty tough to control until you get some of the late-game skills (Verata's Sacrifice, etc).

I haven't played the game in a long time now, so I might be a little out-dated in my post. Nowadays when I play, I'm only on random arena. I already beat the game 4 times through with E/Me, Mo/E, W/E and R/N. I've unlocked every skill in the game so there's really nothing out there left to do in PvE. So if you need a little spare change I can give you some...I still have over 600k sitting in storage that'll probably never get touched.