PDA

View Full Version : movie 4 (by kf of course)

Masamune
Sun, 06-05-2005, 07:17 PM
much better movie then the last 3 imho.

gasparde has a lame ability. makes me think of the crocodile arc.

nami hotness

edit: its a pretty big file for those who still need to down it. its almost 1.4 gb

Aeon
Sun, 06-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Which one was 4 again? Was it the one with the pirate race if so then it was pretty good and was the one that spoiled Robin joining the crew for me.

Masamune
Mon, 06-06-2005, 03:49 AM
yeah thats the one

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 06-06-2005, 11:19 AM
yup already had this one by some other fansubber but downloaded this one to keep, personally this with movie 5 is tied for best one piece movie i've seen movie 2 comes after that then 3 and then 1, i heard a movie 6 has already been released in japan so i hope that ones fun as well, more about the movie SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>> gasupade did remind me off crocodile, like in the way luffy beat him (crocodile=blood and gaspade=flour to make them damagable), i loved the whole battle thing in the underground place it was also hilarious seeing luffy steal all the food overall i love this movie still one of the best one piece movies this could of been part of the actual story atleast that's how i felt when i first saw it

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Loved it. Easily the best non-manga I've seen. Way beyone any of the other movies or filler.

The only downside was that, once again, it seems its scientifically impossible to create filler without having crying little kids in it. I mean, why the fuck is that?

And for once, a secondary good guy that ISN'T totally lame!

Just all around awsome.

Souryusen
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Much improved over the previous three movies. Not bad. They even managed to work some quality Nami fan service in there.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-12-2005, 10:02 PM
This movie was something else!

Sure there were some awkward elements that "must" be in everything OP related (some guy disrespecting pirates, crying kids, Luffy talking about being the pirate king etc) but that's all fine in the end. Shuraiyah kicked ass, I wish he was a "real" character so we could see him more. Animation was beautiful, and I especially loved the whole camera-through-the-city gig in the beginning. Gasparde was lame though, idiotic ability (though that's to be expected from non-manga stuff) and he was just overall a very generic and uninteresting character. Plot was pretty stupid and random too, but overall this was a very enjoyable watch.

I particularly enjoy how badass people are in this series. Nami wants to slash a whiny kid with a katana (just imagine that happen in Naruto, it's so damn unthinkable) and Luffy just punches through Gasparde's spikes like it's nobody's business. Damn.

Assertn
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Finally watched the movie.........

The action was good, loved the animation. The story was set up to be very interesting as well....at least until the part where luffy found gasparde's ship (how can chopper sniff that ship out in an ocean of saltwater anyway? BS plot device)

They gave the movie alot of potential, what with the giants, the arlong rival, etc.....but then they kinda rushed past that just so they can focus more time on a prolonged fight. The fight itself, btw, i found to be really boring. IT'S JUST LIKE THE CROC FIGHT. After smoker and croc....did they really need another character that can just absorb luffy's punches? (why did sanji give luffy 2 bags of flour? BS plot device)

Speaking of plot devices.....can Nico Robin really create THAT many hands? Seriously, there has to be some limit to her power.....

Speaking of taking elements from the series......is it just me, or are jokes about Zoro getting lost something that someone decided to reference alot in OP recently? I dont remember hearing anything about this character trait until the episode where they were looking for the town square bombers. There was another reference in the movie that was similiar to this....but i dont remember offhand what it was.....

In conclusion, the bounty hunter was very Spike-like, and therefore badass
and nami was lookin pretty hot

Masamune
Wed, 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
zoro got lost all the time, first time he got lost was in the usopp / captain kuro arc.

Deblas
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
(why did sanji give luffy 2 bags of flour? BS plot device)

Sanji's a cook. So he would know about this type of things. He saw that Gasparde could turn himself into sticky candy syrup and that Luffy gets caught in it so, he gives him a hand by getting him what would prevent him from sticking, which is flour.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Speaking of plot devices.....can Nico Robin really create THAT many hands? Seriously, there has to be some limit to her power.....

Well, why not? She ate the blooming fruit right?, There doesn't have to be a limit.

Assertn
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:37 PM
i dont recall sanji even witnessing gasparde's power.....and he certainly didnt give any indication that the flour was to be used as a weapon. It looked more like he was getting cooking supplies and decided to have luffy carry the supplies for him.

so basically.....if nico robin wanted to..she could cover the whole earth with nothing but hands?

Munsu
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:50 PM
actually he did witness his power, or at least learned from someone what it was, and he went to look for the flour to use it against him... he simply told Luffy to use it in the fight......

as for Nico Robin... it was a stretch of her powers... i dont remember in the manga anything saying what is her limit, so they had the door wide open for possibilities, but not even Luffy can stretch his arms as far as he wants... so there are certainly limits...