PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Question *Spoilers Maybe*

Black ops
Sun, 06-05-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but who is Alucard anyway? At the end of ep. 13 it shows him with a different face kind of. I get the feeling hes Dracula or something but I'm not entirely sure. I guess this isn't a spoiler since they never quite tell you in the anime. Can anyone tell me?

Lefty
Sun, 06-05-2005, 05:19 PM
You just answered your own question. Reverse his name and all shall be reveailed.

Black ops
Sun, 06-05-2005, 06:23 PM
LOL. Sorry. Never really noticed that. Thats super wierd.... no wonder he was so powerful and immortal like.

Edit: No wonder hes so immortal. He's the original. No one can kill him...

ilovegregayres
Mon, 06-13-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah i heard that whole alucard=dracula thing in anime insider. i was upset after ep thirteen tho because there was no more.......Not that I know of at least.
how do you guys get anime pics for your avatar. I tried and it kept saying dumb stuff and wouldnt let me do it...grrr....

kAi
Mon, 06-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Try using a .gif image for your avatar.

I thought the Alucard - Dracula thing was pretty easy to see.

American Hero
Tue, 06-14-2005, 02:01 PM
They imply that Alucard is Vlad the Impaler, a.k.a. Dracula. Vlad was supposedly the "real" Dracula. He is a tyrannical historical figure who had brutal methods of execution, including impaling his victims as he did to Incognito at the end of 13.

A picture of Vlad:

http://www.utexas.edu/features/archive/2003/graphics/vampires4.jpg

Black ops
Tue, 06-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Try using a .gif image for your avatar.

I thought the Alucard - Dracula thing was pretty easy to see.

I don't look into anime names much.... I just figured it out though so bleh!

Jessper
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by: Black ops

it is used constantly with fantasy stuff involving dracula =)

Also, there were only 13 episodes because the creator of the manga stopped for a bit and told them he would allow them to continue the anime when he was finished because he didn't want to be hounded to get more done quickly.

I hear the whole thing will be coming out under another name that I forget at this point, sorry.

Stoopider
Wed, 06-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Omg.. Dun watch the anime. It's awful.

Read the manga. Much better.
The anime went a different direction after episode 7. Which it went downhill.. Absolutely downhill.

Munsu
Wed, 06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper

Originally posted by: Black ops

it is used constantly with fantasy stuff involving dracula =)

Also, there were only 13 episodes because the creator of the manga stopped for a bit and told them he would allow them to continue the anime when he was finished because he didn't want to be hounded to get more done quickly.

I hear the whole thing will be coming out under another name that I forget at this point, sorry.

Pretty sure this was discussed in another thread... but here's the info on the OVA

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co...edia/anime.php?id=5114 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5114)