PDA

View Full Version : Bit Tornado Error

Dormarth
Sun, 06-05-2005, 04:02 AM
I got 90-some-odd percent of episodes 76-100 then I started my download again and when it tried to get past there it says "IO Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied" The file was a read only, I checked that and changed it, to no effect, I've now changed it back to the way it was. Is it a problem with my computer or something else entirely?

Update: I recently found out that the Errno 13 usually occurs when you have more than one instance of bittorrent running, but I just restarted my computer and it still has the error... I'm confused too... The file looks like it might still be downloading... I thought it was 71 or 74% yesterday, now it's more.

New update: Nope, not downloading... grr...

complich8
Tue, 06-07-2005, 03:59 AM
check your process list (control-shift-escape) for starters. See if there's processes running that you think aren't, or that you think shouldn't be.

Could be that some process crashed and left the files locked. You might or might not have success copying the stuff out of where it is, deleting the original (probably locked) files and copying the stuff back in, but maybe not. Hard to say.

ruasonid
Thu, 06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Started getting this problem recently, too. Quick googling found that the solution (on windows, anyway) is to shut down all instances of BitTornado, go into the task manager (ctrl+alt+del; evidentally the above ctrl-shift-escape does the same thing) and shut down any remaining instances of btdownloadgui.exe manually. When you restart BT it should work fine.

complich8
Fri, 06-10-2005, 05:23 AM
yeah, control-shift-escape is guaranteed to call the task manager. Control-alt-delete may or may not call task manager directly, depending on whether you're using windows xp style logon or the classic logon screen. It's one of those direct shortcuts, like windows-R/windows-D/windows-L/windows-M/Windows-E and such, that are just handy to know to get where you're going half a second faster.

Dormarth
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Nothing like that worked, but I started a new download and transferred over the files one-by-one and found the problem.