PDA

View Full Version : First Zeta Movie-off topic

NomoZ
Sat, 06-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Anybody Know when "Zeta Gundam I: Heirs to the Stars" was or will be released, and if anyone has stated they'll be fansubbing it?

Curium
Sat, 06-04-2005, 10:48 PM
AniDB (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2187) listing for it. According to that at least it should have been released on Jan. 25 this year. Someone will probably sub it at some point.

PTX-003C
Sat, 06-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Anybody Know when "Zeta Gundam I: Heirs to the Stars" was or will be released, and if anyone has stated they'll be fansubbing it?

i think is more like heirs of the stars ....but o well....
there's gotta be someone subbing it for sure...so no worry....

Guardian_2000
Sun, 06-05-2005, 05:05 PM
It aired in theaters in japan if thats what you mean. Also the title is "Heirs To The Stars" Its really good with the mecha scenes getting a great overhaul. I'll keep my eyes open and post first thing once I see a subbing.

!!!!!SPOILERS!!!! from Gunota "skip to next post if you don't want to read anything."
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Basic Plot - Heirs to the Stars covers the first 14 episodes of the TV series.

Gryps 2 & Green Noah 1 - Char infiltrates Gryps 2 and encounters the Mk-II. Meanwhile Kamille is already under arrest at Green Noah 1. Jerid crashes the 3rd Mk-II unit. All 3 Rick Diases (Char, Apolly, and Roberto) infiltrate Green Noah 1 to steal the Mk-IIs. Kamille helps out.

Near Gryps 2 - Emma (in a Mk-II) along with Franklin Bidan (in a Hizack) bring the personal letter from Bask. Kamille finds out his mom is held hostage and takes off. Jerid shoots the capsule killing Kamille's mom. There's a duel between Kamille and Jerid. Meanwhile, Franklin steals Char's Rick Dias. A fight involving Kamille, Franklin, and Lila takes place with Franklin dying. After the Titans retreat, Emma defects to AEUG.

Around Earth orbit - Char, Reccoa, and Emma try to comfort Kamille after losing both of his parents. Emma asks Kamille if he knows about Char Aznable (*note* different from TV series where Char himself asks if Camille knows about him). Later, Reccoa shows Emma what happened during the Colony 30 Incident and its aftermath. Reccoa goes to Jaburo.

AEUG's fleet is receiving supplies from the Moon to prepare for the Jaburo attack. Here, they receive the Flying Armor, Hyaku Shiki, and the Mega Bazooka Launcher. Haro somehow was in this resupply as well. During this, the Argama receives an SOS signal from the Temptation, which is under attack by Scirocco's Messala. Kamille and Char rescue the Temptation and its crew/passengers. Bright officially joins AEUG and commands the Argama. Blex and Henken go back to the Moon. Kamille is reunited with Fa.

Above Jaburo & Re-entry - AEUG launches their MS force and the Titans launch theirs (Lila, Jerid, and Kackricon). Scirocco attacks AEUG's rear. Emma/Kamille fight Scirocco with Emma's Rick Dias losing its arm. Kamille engages Lila with Lila KIA. Kacricon dies during re-entry. Jerid reaches Jaburo without knowing whether Lila died or not.

Jaburo - AEUG notices Jaburo is empty. The Titans moved their headquarters to space and placed nukes deep below Jaburo as a trap. Kai and Reccoa are held prisoner but rescued by Kamille. AEUG escapes Jaburo with the Audhumla and Sudori. During this, Amuro meets Fraw, Katz, Letz, and Kikka at his mansion.

To Hickory - Hayato meets with Char and informs him that splitting the force up would be a good idea after the Titans annexed the Augusta NT lab. Before going to the Sudori, Kai talks with Hayato telling him Quattro is Char, asking him if he is going to fight alongside Char. Kamille overhears their conversation and starts to wonder if Quattro is Char. The Sudori heads to New Kennedy to take the remaining pilots back to space (Roberto, Apolly, and Reccoa). The Audhumla heads to Hickory where Amuro and Katz are suppose to meet them after they hijack a shuttle. Nonstop action with Kamille/Char vs Rosamia (Gaplant) followed by Kamille/Char vs Buran (Asshimar) until Amuro rams the shuttle into the Asshimar. The movie ends as Amuro and Char see each other with Kamille saying "He's not Quattro Bajeena! And that person is...Amuro Ray! Rival of Char Aznable during the One Year War!"

Animation - Telling apart what was new and old was easy. The old animation came from 12 different TV episodes. In some of the sequences, they went back and forth where you can obviously tell the difference. At times, those scenes felt weird as characters looked different. The new mecha animation sequences were superb, especially the last part of the movie (last 10+ min) where 95+% was new. As for the new character animation, it was better than what I expected. If the movie was 100% new animation, then we might not be talking about if Onda's styling fits Kitazume's at all.

Seiyuu (VA) - Most of the original seiyuu from the TV series reprised their same role in the movie. Several characters like Fa, Hayato, Lila, Rosamia, and Roberto got new voices. For the most part, the new voices did not bother as they sounded familiar to the original. However, the new voice of Hayato by Nobuyuki Hiyama (Shiro Amada from 08th Team and Muruta Azrael from SEED) bothered me. Images of Shiro or Azrael would come up every time he spoke a dialog.

Music/SFX/BGM - The movie uses the same BGM from the TV series. As for the SFX, it uses updated traditional anime sounds (not like the MSG Trilogy DVD version), which was a big plus. Both of Gackt's songs (played at OP and ED credits) were ok

Phoenix20578
Tue, 12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
THREAD REVIVIAL!!!!!!

Zeta Gundam I: Heirs to the Stars (http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/torrents/%5BT-N%5DMobile_Suit_Z_Gundam_-_Heirs_to_the_Stars_%5B8F112ECE%5D.avi.torrent) Fansubbed by TV Nihon

Marcis
Wed, 12-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Only RAWs so far i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
Thankx Phoenix for finding 1st fansub i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Release dates for DVDs as follows:

Mobile Suit Z Gundam - Heirs to the Stars
DVD release: 2005/10/28

Mobile Suit Z Gundam II: Lovers
DVD release: 2006/02/24

Mobile Suit Z Gundam III: Love is the Pulse of the Stars
DVD release: unknown, cinema release - Feb 23 2006

With first movie being released on DVD more than month ago it is hard to understand why it hasn't been subbed sooner. I guess fansub groups don't care about old shows.

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:26 PM
EDIT: my bad. didn't realize that the link in Phoenix's post was the same one as the one that just appeared on Animesuki today.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 12-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I'm awsome like that, I even beat Animesuki i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

This was pretty good. It summerized the first third of Zeta perfectly. Can't wait for the next one.

Psyke
Sun, 12-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Just finished watching this. The last part of the movie is very well animated, and it's pretty cool to see a updated version of Camile and Amuro. Looking foward to part 2.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:00 PM
just finished watching this, and might i say: WOW! zeta gundam is awesome, i'm probably going to dl the series soon, and of course the last 2 movies when they come out

o, and char almost matches athrun's awesomeness!

Marcis
Thu, 01-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Char IS role model for Athrun, thatswhy Ahtrun is the most solid of SEED characters. Unfortunately they nerfed him into total wussy in Destiny.

Marcis
Fri, 02-03-2006, 04:17 PM
RAW for second movie is released:
http://tracker.manga-ton1x.net...DivX511%29.avi.torrent (http://tracker.manga-ton1x.net/download.php?id=b504549e5a10355e2a6821dfed90acecce ed30b0&f=%5Bwww.HI-RAW.com%5D%5BMovie%5D%20Mobile%20Suit%20Zeta%20Gun dam%20A%20New%20Translation%20II%20-%20Lovers%20%28sample%20VHS%2097m57s%20640x360%20D ivX511%29.avi.torrent)

Weird, oficial release date for DVD is feb-24, i wonder what is source?
Anyway i will wait for sub and hope that won't take ages

NomoZ
Thu, 02-16-2006, 04:32 AM
I loved the movie, but i wish they updated all the animation, the new stuff looked so good. I missed Mr. Wong and his "corrections". Char kicked so much ass in the last fight. I cant wait to see Four and Psyco.

Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
o, and char almost matches athrun's awesomeness!

...your lucky I like him too.