PDA

View Full Version : Jade Empire

Assertn
Sat, 06-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, I just finished Jade Empire today......
I'm surprised i havent heard enough about it from other people, since it seems to be such a big hit.

Anyone else played through it? I'm curious to know what paths people took through the game.

I took the path of good.....beat the last boss with the most powerful transformation in the game, the Jade Golem. Damn i normally didnt bother at all with transformations since i was a focus-type, but that thing was just TOO strong to pass up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I also hooked up with the princess...i wasnt even trying to. Supposedly she's the hardest one to end up with....interestingly enough the easiest way to get her is to NOT try to get her

darkshadow
Sat, 06-04-2005, 11:40 PM
i finished it awhile ago, i just kept doing paralyzing palm, and legendary striking him, and focused when it was necissary ( you know what im talking about (no spoilers plz))

and i also hooked up with the princess, and was also open palm, btw the way to get with her is after you finish you arena fight or something( or in between), talk to her about her past, then ask her everything except her childhood love ( or summert), then if you asked everything, ask that 1, and she will speak more intimately with you, and then keep taking her side, and presto you got her, btw i was playing as wu the lotus blossom, meaning girl on girl i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Sun, 06-05-2005, 01:29 AM
i was all about the storm dragon + dual sabers....man most mortal opponents went down soo fast with that combo
but yeah, jade golem is broke even if you DONT level it up much

interesting......i think i asked about her childhood love first, then asked the other stuff, then asked her childhood love again....she mustve forgotten about the first time
Strangely, the way i got her was by hitting on both her and dawn star.....then everytime they would both confront me to see who i preferred, i always dodged their question. Eventually it gets to the tent scene, where both of them simultaneously admit their love for me and the scene ends with them both holding my hands. Not sure if they intended to imply anything, but if they dont feel uncomfortable putting homosexual relationships in the game, then i'll assume things went well that night for my character i/expressions/heart.gif

Mut
Sun, 06-05-2005, 01:31 AM
That bitch is hot.
http://img260.echo.cx/img260/5015/jadeempirecover9600js.jpg

Turkish-S
Sun, 06-05-2005, 03:43 AM
i was the magic girl. the uglyest of them all. i hitted kai don't know why how?? but if i knew i could also be a lesbian i would put more effort in it. i also was good and also finished with the jade golem + chi strike + focus. unstoppable.

Assertn
Sun, 06-05-2005, 11:24 AM
you mean sky?
i played as the monk guy from the limited edition bonus disk

wow, the plain jade empire cover looks kinda weird, the way those characters are placed along the bottom and their expressions...the limited edition one looks alot different.
lol, i wonder if mut even played jade empire

darkshadow
Sun, 06-05-2005, 12:38 PM
no, but hes right about wu being hot, and when the scene came at the tent, they reached out to kiss each other, but because it was homosexual, it didnt show the kiss, i guess they might in JE2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Turkish-S
Sun, 06-05-2005, 02:41 PM
LMAO yea it was sky. lol kai????i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Aeon
Sun, 06-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I have to be the only person that played Jade Empire that didn't get the tent scene >:-(). And I finished with Long Sword/Paralyzing Palms/Thousand Hands or something like that. And like Assertn said the limited edition cover does look better.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-05-2005, 04:28 PM
thousand cuts i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
and yeah the le looks alot better, with the metallic red color

Assertn
Mon, 06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
lol yeah, mut's pic makes the 3rd brother look like one of those guys who annoyingly try to get into a photo Op......
all raising his hand and with a look on his face that says "OMG GET ME IN THE PICTURE"

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 06-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I just got jade empire recently. I'm just wondering does the story get any better latter in the game? I'm on the second chapter and right now everything just seems too cliched. I really don't like it when developers try and emulate another style. Nothing is more awkward then hearing all of the various asian characters speak like canadians. Whats the point of establishing the rich setting based on chinese mythology when everyone sounds like they just walked off the set of a Steven Segal movie. Right now I'm trying to go the path of the closed fist. But I'm always so nervous that if i keep following it I'll miss some cool weapon or fighting style. Then again it's fun being an asshole.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
the story is awesome, really, especially near the end

Assertn
Tue, 06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
after you figure out you way around the imperial city, things start to get alot more addictive
ive had friends that would get to a certain point, and then stay up for 10 or so hours straight till they finished

You are going to miss stuff no matter whether you are on the good side or bad side, thats why you should play through the game twice like i am i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

rdperalta
Sat, 06-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I finished the Way of the Open Palm. Now on my 2nd run im trying to finish the Closed Fist. I heard that it has great cinematics when playing this particular discipline

Fightingdreamers
Thu, 07-28-2005, 10:01 AM
did get it yesterday and its pretty fun game i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif almost done

dark maginn
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Just got it today cause it was $30 its pretty good

TwisT
Thu, 07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
i have been meaning to download this several times, but every time i realize why i don't.. It's huge!! over 5 gb when it's compressed.. and then i have to un rar it.. i'm required to have somewhere between 12-18 gb free.. no way that's going to happen..

dark maginn
Thu, 07-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by: TwisT
i have been meaning to download this several times, but every time i realize why i don't.. It's huge!! over 5 gb when it's compressed.. and then i have to un rar it.. i'm required to have somewhere between 12-18 gb free.. no way that's going to happen..
ya i tried to but it was huge so i just bought the game

darkshadow
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:08 AM
uhh, dont know what you are talking about, just get the video re-encoded version, its small enough