PDA

View Full Version : GSD Battle Predictions

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
You know everyone is talking so much about who is better (Kira, Shinn, Athrun,etc.) and who is gonna battle who so I thought hey lets talk about it in one place. Keep in mind that these discussions are only about Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny characters and no one from any other Gundam series. If you want to talk about another series there is another thread for that.

Mut
Tue, 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Shinn wins by default. He has the 'main character' advantage over everyone.

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi

My ass. Him being the main character means absolutely jack squat. If it wasn't for Athrun he would be scraps of metal at the bottom of the ocean right now. Right now his skills are nothing compared to that of Yzak, Dearka, Kira, and Athrun. If Nicol (I didn't like Nicol) was alive he'd... never mind.

Psyke
Tue, 05-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor

My ass. Him being the main character means absolutely jack squat. If it wasn't for Athrun he would be scraps of metal at the bottom of the ocean right now. Right now his skills are nothing compared to that of Yzak, Dearka, Kira, and Athrun. If Nicol (I didn't like Nicol) was alive he'd... never mind.

Shinn can definately beat Yzak and Dearka anytime. Kira and Athrun are still more experienced than him, but I believe Shinn will reach Kira's level pretty soon and give him a hard time.

LokeXero
Tue, 05-31-2005, 11:34 PM
i believe hes all ready on par with Kira or even slightly better. The only difference is Kiras got a better MS, hence why everybody thinks hes the best.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by: LokeXero
i believe hes all ready on par with Kira or even slightly better. The only difference is Kiras got a better MS, hence why everybody thinks hes the best.

You have a good point there. As of now Kira is the only one with a nuclear powered suit with infinite power, 9 different guns, two connectable beam sabers, and near superior flight capabilities while Shinn only has a prototype interchangeable flyer combination gundam which can easily be taken out while it is assembling.

I belive that Athrun is still the supreme pilot. Athrun has stategy and skill. In Seed Athrun was able to completely hold off those three drugged up pilots on his lonesome while Kira could barely hold his own against them. Keep in mind that those three drugged up pilots weren't even working together and they still managed to kick but and nearly put Kira out of his misery before Athrun intervined. You know Athrun has saved both Shinn and Kira at least once each. Kira from the three drugged up pilots and Shinn from Kira.

Now Shinn was able to hold off the Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos at the beginning of the series with minimal help from Rey and Athrun so I guess that means that he is a pilot near Kira and Athrun's ability but those three sucked completely as pilots so who cares. I can't deny the fact that Shinn is getting better at piloting but in close range combat he'll get schooled by Kira. If he fights Kira he should stick to using force and blast impulse.

Deamon007
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:47 AM

You have a good point there. As of now Kira is the only one with a nuclear powered suit with infinite power, 9 different guns, two connectable beam sabers, and near superior flight capabilities while Shinn only has a prototype interchangeable flyer combination gundam which can easily be taken out while it is assembling.

I belive that Athrun is still the supreme pilot. Athrun has stategy and skill. In Seed Athrun was able to completely hold off those three drugged up pilots on his lonesome while Kira could barely hold his own against them. Keep in mind that those three drugged up pilots weren't even working together and they still managed to kick but and nearly put Kira out of his misery before Athrun intervined. You know Athrun has saved both Shinn and Kira at least once each. Kira from the three drugged up pilots and Shinn from Kira.

Now Shinn was able to hold off the Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos at the beginning of the series with minimal help from Rey and Athrun so I guess that means that he is a pilot near Kira and Athrun's ability but those three sucked completely as pilots so who cares. I can't deny the fact that Shinn is getting better at piloting but in close range combat he'll get schooled by Kira. If he fights Kira he should stick to using force and blast impulse.

Kira is the superior pilot mostly because Shin seed = normal Kira and Shin's M.S. is exept for the Infinite porwer superior to Freedom
Quote from the chairman about Impulse:"according to engineers, this is the newest most efficient moble suit system."(episode 3 15:42)

2 x MA-M01 "Lacerta" beam saber, stored on hips, hand-carried in use
2 x MMI-GAU2 "Picus" 76mm CIWS fire-linked, mounted on head
2 x M100 "Balaena" plasma beam cannon, stored in wings, mounted over shoulders in use in HiMAT mode
2 x MMI-M15 "Xiphias" rail cannon, folded underneath hips, spread out in use in HiMAT (High Mobility Aerial Tactics) mode
MA-M20 "Lupus" beam rifle, power rating unknown
(info from "mahq")

Freedom has 4 different guns and 7 in total

LokeXero
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:43 AM
i think Shinns better than kira at Close Range but not at range cause when ever there is a range battle Kira just selects multi targets and blasts away. Where as Shinn has proven skill at close range ("Now Shinn was able to hold off the Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos at the beginning of the series" etc etc)

And Daemon doe Dullindal know that Freedom has a N jammer Cancellor. If he does hes not mentioned it so it gives us right to wonder whether he does or doesnt know. Id like to see what SF and IJ run on then - the same as impulse or regular batteries...

DDBen
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
i think Shinns better than kira at Close Range but not at range cause when ever there is a range battle Kira just selects multi targets and blasts away. Where as Shinn has proven skill at close range ("Now Shinn was able to hold off the Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos at the beginning of the series" etc etc)

And Daemon doe Dullindal know that Freedom has a N jammer Cancellor. If he does hes not mentioned it so it gives us right to wonder whether he does or doesnt know. Id like to see what SF and IJ run on then - the same as impulse or regular batteries...

No when there are multiple missiles comming in on Kira he shoots them all in order to negate the attack. When Kira is instead shooting at a number of mobile suits he disables them without killing anyone.

There is a giant differnce in Kira who is fighting to not kill anyone by only taking called shots to disable other suits and Shinn who is a emotional mess and tries to kill everything and everyone in his path. In no way is Shinn a better pilot then Kira. Once Shinn dodged a single swing of a beam saber by normal Kira while he was in seed mode and still fighting Athrun on a massive battlefield. In the other battle Kira disabled impulse before shinn even had time to blink along with every suit in site that had been giving Shinn, Athrun, Lunimaria AND Rey issues.

The only reason Shinn ever took down any of the extended is because Kira was involved in the battle. The only exception is when Gaia ran off on its own completely berserk in which case Shinn still did not fight it alone.

The only foreseeable reason I can see Shinn winning in a fight with Kira is if Kira lets it happen and stops fighting to atone for something Shinn blames Kira for. At which point I see Shinn as unable to finish off Kira even after damaging freedom beyond repare at which point MAYBE Shinn will buy a clue and stop being such a jackass.

Edit: Also as a side note if Neo turns out to be Mwu I can see Kira getting Strike freedom and in turn giving freedom over to Mwu who would then fight Shinn over the Stellar promise in which freedom could be destroyed and not involve Kira at all meaning that Shinn and Kira don't actually fight and that the subject is avoided entirely. This would allow Shinn to also get his revenge and could inturn change him and would be reasonable as Mwu inherited the long destroyed Strike from Kira in the first place.

PSJ
Wed, 06-01-2005, 12:31 PM
kira should be the undisputed champ of pilots in the seed universe as he was explained as the ultimate coordinator in seed. the perfect result of all the research so if shinn isnt on the same level of kira as a coordinator he wont win. but as mut said he got the main character status which pretty much protects him.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
kira should be the undisputed champ of pilots in the seed universe as he was explained as the ultimate coordinator in seed. the perfect result of all the research so if shinn isnt on the same level of kira as a coordinator he wont win. but as mut said he got the main character status which pretty much protects him.

As I said before even if he is the main character of Destiny that doesn't mean he can't get his ass beat so that he learns a lesson. Also Shinn may be pissed at a collective of people for Stellar's death but what he doesn't realize is that anyway it went she was gonna die. It's completely her fault anyways for going out on her own like some kind of hero with the thought of protecting Aeuls' mother. Same with his sister and parents. Everything around you is exploding and you are gonna stop for a damn cell phone. Not to be cold hearted but this is the truth.

As I noticed in Seed when someone important dies you enter what I like to call COMPLETE SEED mode. Like when Nicol and Tolle died. Athrun wasn't even able to ever defeat Kira before that and then he kills Tolle and all hell breaks loose. Rau (don't remember how to spell his name) kills Fllay and Kira goes into that mode and rids us of Providence and Rau. The Astray girls die and Cagalli enters that mode and shoots down any of the close enemy pilots. Lacus...well lots of people around them were dying I guess... But she sure looked cool. If Shinn goes Complete Seed on Kira because he killed Stellar I'll find something... Accually never mind. Kira didn't have to kill her. There are a lot of differnet ways that he could of handeled that.

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:36 PM
1, Stellar didn't leave the base to protect "Auel's mother". She just heard her trigger words (protect, death etc) and lost it. It has nothing to do with her playing hero.
2, there is no "complete seed mode". Seed mode is always the same, with the difference during Kira VS Asuran being that they both were extremely pissed.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
1, Stellar didn't leave the base to protect "Auel's mother". She just heard her trigger words (protect, death etc) and lost it. It has nothing to do with her playing hero.
2, there is no "complete seed mode". Seed mode is always the same, with the difference during Kira VS Asuran being that they both were extremely pissed.

You're right Terra. I was about to edit it and you posted. But She was still gonna die either way it went when they took her prisoner. You also have to admit that when someone important dies that anger becomes fuel for an unholy but kicking force that they lay upon their opponent when they are in seed mode for some odd reason. I'm gonna go back and watch all of Gundam Seed and all the released Destiny eps again. Gotta get my facts straight before I post again.

PSJ
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:51 PM
what terras said. and why the hell did you qoute my post? your post has nothing to do with mine FelixZeroAlastor

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Sorry about quoting you. I clicked quote instead of reply when I was trying to post and didn't notice until it was too late. As you can see I am a bit absent minded so all I can say is sorry that I didn't pay enough attention.

Dannynonsense
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
you guys should think maybe a little further ahead since all the things happening right are just a bunch of little skirmishes here and there, what im talkin about is the final 8 episodes where true motives are shown alliances are formed and lots of death and destruction. but anyways shinn isnt a bad pilot the only problem is he's too cocky since he's able to go into beserk seed mode thats what makes kira a better pilot. however if you want to make a good story you always put the underdog agaisnt the champ but either way kira is the king in the seed universe only person on par with him is asuran when he figures out who and why he's fighting for.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah but in GSD, they've overrated kira. Everytime he comes in, he flys in, shoots the shit outta everybody, completely disables all suits from fighting, and then goes away. Shinn hasnt been able to stop this even once... hence how that guy was killed.

PSJ
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Sorry about quoting you. I clicked quote instead of reply when I was trying to post and didn't notice until it was too late. As you can see I am a bit absent minded so all I can say is sorry that I didn't pay enough attention.

haha no big deal man im not angry i just asked as i thought it was strange.

Motteh
Wed, 06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
i think it's too bad Rey doesn't have an atmosphere able MS
seeing as how he totally kicked ass in outer space

but putting that aside my list of best pilots would be

1: Kira, no question about it as of now he still is alpha male
2: Rey, was very impressed with the way he handled Neo and his Exas (or something) with his Blaze Zaku Phantom
3: Shinn, the guy is immature and hot headed but he does have skill
4: Neo, it took Kira almost an entire episode to shoot him down regardless of the fact Kira was busy with multiple enemies, Kira pretty much shot up everything and everyone before
5: Athrun, i'm really disappointed with his performance up untill now, there are 3 episodes where i found him good:
the 2nd when he jumped to Shinn's aid and knocked Abyss down
the Junius-7 destruction episode, Athrun (and Yzak and Deakka too btw) totally were top dogs in that episode
the Lohengrin gate assault, i really liked the move where he threw away his shield and gun and took out dual saber and sliced that shield thing up

this is my list up untill episode 32

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:25 PM
You know I think that we would get some better results from Shinn if Asuran was to sit him down in the next ep and ask him questions and tell him stories. You know get Shinn to figure out what his REAL purpose/reason for fighting is. Then Asuran can finally understand him and figure out what he has been doing wrong through the talk he had. Then everyone will be able to fight again and battles will no longer be one sided.

Motteh I like your list idea. Let me show you mine.

1:Kira, since he has the Freedom on his side and as of now has no really big distractions allowing him to focus.
2:Shinn, managed to hit Destroy BEFORE Kira and is also a really pilot and has yet to be really shot down.
3:Asuran, complete let down in this series. He's not sure whats he's fighting for, has yet to open his seed, made his fiancee cry and also got talked down and schooled by her brother. This just hasn't been Asuran's series. He could have at least damaged Freedom or something jeez.
4:Rey, I also liked his work up in space
5:Lunamaria, I liked her work up in space also.
6:Neo, Kira just went "Murre can you handle this?" Cliped off his arms and somehow made the suit split into three separate pieces as it hit the ground. I guess Kira got annoyed.
7:Cagalli, don't even ask why she is at the bottom. You should know. I think she should of went Seed on Shinn during the Orb battle but it didn't happen so oh well.

It still sucks that only Shinn, Kira, and Cagalli have the only working gundams left in the series as of now. Only one promising battle out of that.

XwingRob
Wed, 06-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen

Edit: Also as a side note if Neo turns out to be Mwu I can see Kira getting Strike freedom and in turn giving freedom over to Mwu who would then fight Shinn over the Stellar promise in which freedom could be destroyed and not involve Kira at all meaning that Shinn and Kira don't actually fight and that the subject is avoided entirely. This would allow Shinn to also get his revenge and could inturn change him and would be reasonable as Mwu inherited the long destroyed Strike from Kira in the first place.

Hahah, how about Cagalli piloting... FREEDOM ROUGE!

Motteh
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:05 PM

Motteh I like your list idea. Let me show you mine.

you like the list or just the idea? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Originally posted by: XwingRob

Hahah, how about Cagalli piloting... FREEDOM ROUGE!

lol Rob
i think that last knock on your head was too much i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 06-02-2005, 02:41 AM
I liked the list and the idea.

Deamon007
Thu, 06-02-2005, 05:13 AM

it is logical to asume that Dullindal knows that Freedom N jammer Cancellor because even the Earth Aliance knows it and he quoted the engeneers and sins both the Impulse and the Freedom were top secrit moble suits there is a high probebilety that atleast some of the ergeneers from the Impulse had worked on the Freedom

FelixZeroAlastor
Sat, 06-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah I can't wait until ep 34. I t seems to me like Shinn is gonna kick Kira's ass finally from what I have seen in the raw.

laxklein
Sun, 06-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah I can't wait until ep 34. I t seems to me like Shinn is gonna kick Kira's ass finally from what I have seen in the raw.

Nope. It's the other way around. Kira will knock shinn's head off, so he'll wake up from his stupidity and child-like attitude. His ego is too high it's time to put him where he should belong, lurking inside his cockpit, coz it's the only part of his MS that's gonna stay intact after his fight with kira and he'll be too ashame to get out, ocz athrun is there waiting for him to say "So, who's the loser now?"

Mut
Sun, 06-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by: laxklein
Nope. It's the other way around. Kira will knock shinn's head off, so he'll wake up from his stupidity and child-like attitude. His ego is too high it's time to put him where he should belong, lurking inside his cockpit, coz it's the only part of his MS that's gonna stay intact after his fight with kira and he'll be too ashame to get out, ocz athrun is there waiting for him to say "So, who's the loser now?"
One can only hope this comes true.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 06-05-2005, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by: laxklein
One can only hope this comes true.

I now hope it comes true too. I thought Shinn was ok until he called Athrun a loser. I hope Kira kicks his ass until words are unable to describe it. Then Athrun can say "Hey. So, who's the loser now eh? I at least would've touched him. I have got three words for you Shinn." Then him and Lunamaria, who was standing there the entire time, chant "SERVED! SERVED! SERVED!"

LokeXero
Mon, 06-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Hmm ive been trying to figure out who Athrun would battle against...

Could he be up Against Rey?

romancing_xaga
Wed, 06-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Strike/Kira(noob Kira) VS. Shinn/Impulse (rookie) = Kira owned.

Freedom/Kira(ultimate coordinator) VS. Shinn/Impulse (berserker noob) = Shinn wasted and Kira leaves battlefield armless or legless, or just scatched.

Asuran/Aegis(true fighter) Vs. Shinn/Impulse (berserker noob) = who knows?

chitgoks
Fri, 06-10-2005, 02:59 AM
hi FelixZeroAlastor
i think that impulse held his own against gaia, abyss and chaos because his MS is way better than those three. dullindal already cooked everything from the beginning. so he made sure that the MS in their possession would be powerful and stronger than those 3 MS combined. else, his plan wouldnt work if shinn was left with a crappy MS.

his piloting skills are still waaaaaaaay below kira and athrun's.. imo

romancing_xaga
Fri, 06-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by: chitgoks
hi FelixZeroAlastor
i think that impulse held his own against gaia, abyss and chaos because his MS is way better than those three. dullindal already cooked everything from the beginning. so he made sure that the MS in their possession would be powerful and stronger than those 3 MS combined. else, his plan wouldnt work if shinn was left with a crappy MS.

his piloting skills are still waaaaaaaay below kira and athrun's.. imo

dont be too sure about that, just becoz he has a crappy MS doesn't mean he's a worse pilot than Kira and Asuran.
Honestly, I think the gap between Shinn's skills and Asurans arn't that much big.

Dannynonsense
Fri, 06-10-2005, 08:51 PM
yea they make asuran look like a bad pilot to make shinn look like a good one but i think shinn cant mess with asuran or kira

redemption2
Fri, 06-10-2005, 09:02 PM
First post, yay. Um has anyone noticed that Legend Gundam's model number is ZGMF-X666S? 666, as in the mark of the beast? Why do I have the feeling that Ray is going to wind up going psycho like Rau and start killing people? He's already turned into the manipulative type, like Rau was in the first series, leading Shinn on like that while appearing to be his friend. Considering that this thing is the revived Providence, I'd say that they're all in for one hell of a fight.

LokeXero
Fri, 06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
666 isnt the "evil" number, they goofed up with the translation and its supposed to be 616. But yer i agree with ya on the tyoe of person Rey is...

ChaosK
Fri, 06-10-2005, 09:53 PM
rey turning psyco would make me loove the series. (even more)

chitgoks
Sat, 06-11-2005, 01:28 AM
romancing_xaga, i said that was my opinion. i didnt say im sure about that i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

id like to see shinn piloting a standard zaku hahaha would have been nice to see him sliced up from the beginning