PDA

View Full Version : Episode 32 Discussion "spoilers"

PTX-003C
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Not everybody has seen Zeta, dumbass.

GotWoot Moderator

Curium
Sat, 05-28-2005, 01:01 PM
When you post that the raw is out, it would be better to provide a link. It is just the polite thing to do.

Saiyaman Gundam SEED Destiny PHASE 32 (http://bt.saiyaman.info/download.php?id=792&file=%5BSaiyaMan%5D+Gundam+SEE D+Destiny+PHASE+32+RAW.avi.torrent)

PTX-003C
Sat, 05-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
When you post that the raw is out, it would be better to provide a link. It is just the polite thing to do.

Saiyaman Gundam SEED Destiny PHASE 32 (http://bt.saiyaman.info/download.php?id=792&file=%5BSaiyaMan%5D+Gundam+SEE D+Destiny+PHASE+32+RAW.avi.torrent)

sorry...i can't do that...cuz i dl it off my japanese friend directly....
she rips it off the TV for me....not that i don't wanna provide the link

Mut
Sat, 05-28-2005, 01:49 PM
PTX is the most elite Gundam fan ever. He is on top of all the top, best things that's Gundam related.

burnout
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:02 PM
hmmm well he does have a lot of info regarding gundam serie's

i'm just starting to experiens gundam 0079 0080 and the rest

Deamon007
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:15 PM
the way Kira used his beam saber to deflect the beams was cool. and it looks more and more like neo is mwu seeing how the captain of the archangel (I forgot her name) reacted. and I thought kira mensioned his name (11:50) to but I'm not completly sure about that.

Anonyguy
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:54 PM
This episode effectively eliminates Phantom Pain. Sting gets offed by Cagalli's Orb pilots, Stellar dies and Neo gets taken aboard the Arch Angel. I'm not sure how much of a blow this is to the Earth Forces, but losing the Phantom Pain unit as well as the Destroy has to be some sort of a setback.

Souryusen
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:25 PM
About time that annoying lunatic got offed.

Curium
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:34 PM
First off, all that is confirmed with Neo is that he looks just like Mwu. We already knew that, but they hadn't acctually shown his face in the show yet (the opening didn't show anything conclusive about him being Neo). We should learn something next week or the week after though (barring flashbacks - knock on wood).

It didn't last long, but Destroy's fire power sure was impressive. I know it made Djibril happy even without knowing what he was saying. I wonder how he will react to this loss.

That was PATHETIC by Sting. Getting taken out by no-name mass produced MS pilots. At least other characters (Auel, Heine) got killed by somebody useful.

So much for my theories about Freedom taking damage vs Destroy or not (well maybe not) seeing Impulse launch. He was busy, so he may or may not have noticed it. Towards the end I thought maybe Shinn would go right after Kira immidietly after Destroy blew. Obviously not. That would have left Kira in a weaker position then normal since he lost both of his beam sabers taking out Destroy.

I have too say, I was very dissappointed by Kira in this episode. If he had just waited another 5 seconds Stellar would have killed Shinn and put him out of our misery.

Oh, and I know somebody will mention Kira setting Stellar off after Shinn calmed her down, you can't really blame him for that. He knew nothing about Stellar, and probably didn't know that she couldn't see him. He was just hovering in the sky while Shinn talked to her. He didn't do anything to provoke her (and it wouldn't have provoked 99% of people). He was just there.

DDBen
Sat, 05-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Very interesting episode I'll have to wait for the subbed version before commenting to much. However in addition to Curiums statements note that Kira did not kill Stellar he disabled the gundam the fact shinn cut open the cockpit killed stellar. Of course thats if she is even dead she could be unconcious but reguardless she will die with nowhere to get treatment of any kind for the drugs she needs to live.

Curium
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:32 PM
I would assume that Dullindal could probably provide her with the necessary drugs. He had some connection with the Extended project to begin with. Of course who knows if he is so inclined.

danholo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
This was an episode that was easy to watch RAW. Not much dialog but tons of action. Facial expressions give out a lot. Destroy being taken out in one episode is pretty obivious because one can't simply fathom a machine like that roaming around every episode. It had to be taken down at all costs.

Kira was really impressive, once again, with his Jedi skills of deflecting the beams shot by Stellar. He really knows how to evade those shots but somehow you got the impression that Shinn was a better pilot this time by just flying initially in front of Destroy and slashing the cockpit area. Who knows if Neo is Mwu... Who else would it be with all those scars? Wonder though, how he didn't die in SEED then... You can't really survive something like that. Cartoons work like that. There are no rules. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Daemon007: The name of AA's captain is Murrue, or "Mariyuu", Ramius.

Splash!
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
so lemme get this confirmed, stellar really isn dead yet, coz i haven really seen the episode. I am waiting for the subs to come out. Can someone confirm her death or do we have to wait till the next episode

PS: Someone please post a link to the sub torrent as soon as it cumz out, tomorrow or whenever, it wud be appreciated

danholo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh, she's dead alright. She can finally rest in peace. It's quite a touching moment. She confesses her "love" (Shinn... Suki) to Shinn and goes off, then Shinn does his "yell" correlated with a flashback when his family was killed.

Splash!
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:46 PM
alrite, thnx for confirming that, anyhow i was wondering, with stellar, auel and sting dead, u can probably expect some new characters. maybe around 4-5episodes from this one. I say that becoz that was around the same time shani, clotho and orga were introduced in the original. Coz i think at this stage we are lacking some villainous mobile suit pilots

danholo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:56 PM
I expect several confrontations between Shinn and Kira.

Curium
Sat, 05-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by: danholo
He really knows how to evade those shots but somehow you got the impression that Shinn was a better pilot this time by just flying initially in front of Destroy and slashing the cockpit area.

If you watch the part before the intro you see Kira try to go in right away and hit the Positron Reflector. After that he resorted to just firing from a distance. I'm not positive of this, but I think the Positron Reflectors are only in the arms and on the forhead of the Mobile Fortress mode. After it transformed in MS mode it seemed to rely more on the arm shields for protection. It may simply be that Kira didn't realize that he could get in close after it transformed since he couldn't earlier.

DDBen
Sat, 05-28-2005, 07:26 PM

He really knows how to evade those shots but somehow you got the impression that Shinn was a better pilot this time by just flying initially in front of Destroy and slashing the cockpit area.

If you watch the part before the intro you see Kira try to go in right away and hit the Positron Reflector. After that he resorted to just firing from a distance. I'm not positive of this, but I think the Positron Reflectors are only in the arms and on the forhead of the Mobile Fortress mode. After it transformed in MS mode it seemed to rely more on the arm shields for protection. It may simply be that Kira didn't realize that he could get in close after it transformed since he couldn't earlier.

I would have to say thats a pretty fair assessment of what happened however I do have some issues with Shinn magically being able to get in close. Given Kira was dealing with Neo and both of the arms at the time so shinn really didn't have that much to get past as it was already more then slightly occupied.

saga
Sat, 05-28-2005, 07:33 PM
This was a great ep loads of freedom goodness and destroy n stellar gone hads to the drama (cry shinn lol). about shinn just going up to destroy and slashing it, he gets a brief about destroy before he goes to the battle field, so that might be why he just went there and damaged it in one go Kira didnt have any briefing and had 2 arms, Neo and Sting on him so that might explain why he didnt do any damage to it.

Curium
Sat, 05-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen
I would have to say thats a pretty fair assessment of what happened however I do have some issues with Shinn magically being able to get in close. Given Kira was dealing with Neo and both of the arms at the time so shinn really didn't have that much to get past as it was already more then slightly occupied.

Like I said, he tried to get close at the very beginning. But there was that positron reflector blocking him. He may have just not realized that it was generated from the "head" on the backpack and that he could not get close once it was in MS mode.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can't believe neither Freedom or Impulse got hit even once by Destroy. Neo managed to take out Freedom's shield, which is more then anyone other then Rau, but Destroy seemed like it just couldn't hit anything that small at that point. It had owned earlier.

Mashux7
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Im not so sure about it but i dont think that stellar will die so soon even if im mistaken but it sure that shinn will take revenge or even better he ll try to destroy kira and his freedom.

kinggalaxia
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:26 PM
*eagerly awaits a sub*

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by: Mashux7
Im not so sure about it but i dont think that stellar will die so soon even if im mistaken but it sure that shinn will take revenge or even better he ll try to destroy kira and his freedom.

did i say it a long time ago?
stellar's just like Four....she must die

Curium
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C

Keep in mind most people watching Destiny have never seen Zeta and have no clue who Four is.

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-29-2005, 02:38 AM

Originally posted by: PTX-003C

Keep in mind most people watching Destiny have never seen Zeta and have no clue who Four is.

Destroy=psycho+big zam+zeon.....geez...what a "nice" mix...

Curium
Sun, 05-29-2005, 04:40 AM
CELLPHONE^2 SUB IS OUT!!!

Cellphone^2 Sub of GSD 32 (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/74ce92721a7482189a1572725b6fd65bb6765e68.torrent)

Deamon007
Sun, 05-29-2005, 05:44 AM

another reason could be that impulse is (propebly) more advanced than freedom in terms of speed and reactionspeed of the suit.

Daemon007: The name of AA's captain is Murrue, or "Mariyuu", Ramius.

That's it I keep forgetting that name

k_truong
Sun, 05-29-2005, 08:56 AM
load of crap
kira can't even inflict damage on destroyer even with seed mode
and shinn just walts in and damages it

Madell
Sun, 05-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Jup k_truong that was just lame
Yeah Steller dead...finaly we are getting new enemies these were lame

Splash!
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:35 AM
still waiting for a sub. Wud appreciate anyone who wud post up a link

thnx

Psyke
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by: splash
still waiting for a sub. Wud appreciate anyone who wud post up a link

thnx

Tried scrolling up?

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Sting's death was absolutely ridiculous. Killed off undramatically by generic soldiers. Yay. Fitting end. Goddamnit...
At first I thought Neo died. That was quite a shocker. If he really is Mwu I'd appreciate if someone just says it so we can end this damn discussion.
Stellar's death was sad. I didn't think she'd actually say "the words" to Shinn. But she did, and it was indeed great.
Destroy got destroyed (har har) a hell of a lot faster than I thought it would.
On the whole, this was a very intense conclusion to the first share of villains this show has offered us. Still, there are almost 20 eps left to go.
It has gotten me really curious on how it will develop.

Some spoilers for the original Seed comin' up

A list of funny parallels between the Seed druggies & the Destiny druggies:

Shani = Auel
Why: Both are the pretty boy of the bunch. Both come off as the most insane ones when it comes to combat itself. They both die first. They are both killed with others commenting on it (In Shani's case, Orga yelled "Shani!" & in Auel's case, Neo yelled "Auel!")

Orga = Sting
Why: Short hair. Both of them are the old & mature part of the trio. Both are killed second, and both are killed extremely undramatically. Both also have the smallest fanbases of their respective group. No other character cared visually when they died.

Crot = Stellar
Why: Both are fan favorites. Both are the most insane overall. Both are shown with the purple-eyed side-effects of the drug usage (i.e. they suffer the most). Both of them die last & in the most dramatic way.

Ain't I cool?

XwingRob
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Agreed Terra, there is still alot of episodes to go.
I think Kira and Shinn are gonna take each other out. (Then they get new mobile suits)
I thought Sting was gonna be captured and converted ala Dearka but I guess I was wrong about that.

Psyke
Sun, 05-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Speaking of Dearka I'm really looking foward to seeing him and Yzak again. Doesn't matter if they don't have fancy new Gundams they'll kiss ass with the Zakus too. With the death of so many characters it would be nice to see the both of them again, soon.

naruto22
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Very Very Very satisfying episode.

OK, so many of our predictions were way off the charts, like Impulse and Freedom geting scrapped this episode to get their new mobile suits but what the hell, Freedom is still the coolest Gundam I ever saw and Impulse, my only grudge is the pilot. Otherwise, ALL OF ITS PACKS are cool.

About the death of Sting and Chaos, my only reactions was ...................

HURRAY FOR ORB MURSAME PILOTS!!!!

OK, so there were three Murasames to one Chaos but even then, I though the Murasame did very very very well considering Chaos ripped through every mobile suit thrown at it in the first few episodes. Yet the team work of the Murasame pilots shows it not just the Gundam, or even the pilot, that wins the battle. In the words of Hatake Kakashi from Naruto, its all about teamwork. And it overcame a bloody arrogant character who deserved to die.

Oh, and I'm so glad my prediction that the Murasame pilots would die was also off. Thank god. I'm sure the Murasames will come in handy in future battles.

Battle between Freedom and Destroy. Pretty much as I expected. I honestly can't see even Freedom putting a dent on Destroy. Kira actually should have died if it were not for his SEED factor and outstanding piloting skills.

That is why Shinn waltzing in and slashing Destroy in one pass is just ridiculous. I mean, sure, we all want Shinn to see Stellar in the cockpit, but making Shin do something that even Freedom couldn't do, and in such a simplistic way too : like I said, just one pass dodging a few strikes here and there, is just anti climatic.

But the interplay between Stellar and Shinn was good. For a moment, I thought we might actually see Stellar come out of her panic battle mode. But this being Gundam Seed Destiny, happy endings are hard to come by and they decide to add fuel to the fire by making Kira come into view.

Note: I am a Kira supporter. I support his stance of non-killing and path to peace for all, not just his friends, but for his enemies as well.

Sigh, I guess Kira's and Shinn's duel is still destined to happen. Knowing Shinn, he is going to need an outlet for revenge, and it won't stop at just the Earth Alliance. Because Kira is there, he will simply blame him and go after him. That's just Shinn's thinking.

Actually we don't know what Stellar died from. Destroy didn't really blow up completely and her cockpit wasn't blown up as well. So what did she die from?

Well, regardless, if she dies, then the last hope for redemption for Shinn is gone. I don't see Rakusu Klein anywhere ready to set him on the right path. That probably means a duel to the death with Freedom.

And Asuran will just sit on his haunches doing nothing. That guy better get his priority straight. Either he stays at Minerva and try to influence Shinn or get his ass back on the Archangel. I'm sure he can pilot a Murasame just fine. (Oh I know that won't happen, he's supposed to receive another Gundam soon I heard). At least his fiancee finally did something useful like protecting the city. FINALLY, CAGALLI DOES SOMETHING WITH STRIKE ROUGE OTHER THAN CRYING!!!!!!! I am so happy. Even if its just a simply blocking enemy fire for civilians, its good enough.

Neo having Mwu's face, well, that's more or less expected. Its different from the opening though where we see Neo and Maryuu face off each other with a gun.

Overall, a nice episode, heavy with action, drama and fortunately, Freedom and Impulse not getting scrapped yet.

To Shinn lovers...... sorry, i don't know what else is going to set that boy right now that Stellar seems to be dead.

Splash!
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:51 PM
hey , why are we all forgetting that in the end , kira destroyed destroy no matter what happened before that. Therefore screw whatever happened before that, Kira was the victor at the end. Besides Kira was constantly being blocked by neo who seemed to be a bigger problem than stellar in the destroy. If it was just destroy and freedom, kira wud take it out no problem. Yeah and Sting was super pathetic. Some EXTENDED he turned out to be. Maybe this shows how much Athrun sucks too because he cudn take out sting in any of his fights

**SPOILER**

Oh and by the way, i think Athrun will get back on the Archangel, becoz one of the episodes after this is named Athrun's Desertion

Mut
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:52 PM
That was an excellent episode.

Shinn is a douche.

Raquelcasull
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Destiny has been bothering me for a while now. Being the first true sequel to a Gundam series that I've seen so far, I was skeptical yet excited about Kira's return. 60% of the series has already been released, and there are so many loose ends that need to be tied up, created in the confusion known as "the first 25 episodes". I will save those questions for another forum discussion, back to my main concern.

In Destiny, Kira and his crew are portrayed as a misplaced bothersome force (like in SEED, but not quite the same feeling, you know what I mean, right?) He's already struck twice killing Shinn's family and love (Stellar). As the new main character, Shinn is too angsty for my blood >_<. He is definitely a love-hate character, and his skills are on par with Kira's (if not better). Assuming everyone has seen SEED before Destiny, am I the only one who is annoyed with the way Kira is portrayed? Why do I get the feeling Kira might die in this series? I'd hate myself for ever watching Destiny at that moment should my dear Kira perish to this super-angsty Shinn (btw I cheered when Athrun slapped him for the first time....and then again!).

I finally came to the conclusion that this is how (the writers) want Kira to atone for his sins from SEED. What are your opinions on how Destiny is carrying along? Please respond! Thank you!

*Also kudos to Kira for ending Stellar! I've been waiting for this moment ever since she killed Heine and his "Epyon" in a much short-lived and short-changed episode*

/salute Heine!
I miss you and wish you lasted much longer than that ; ;

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by: Raquelcasull
Being the first true sequel to a Gundam series

How is this a more true sequel than Z Gundam or ZZ Gundam was? Or Endless Waltz for that reason? (if you count OAVs/movies).

naruto22
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:22 PM
In Destiny, Kira and his crew are portrayed as a misplaced bothersome force (like in SEED, but not quite the same feeling, you know what I mean, right?) He's already struck twice killing Shinn's family and love (Stellar). As the new main character, Shinn is too angsty for my blood >_<. He is definitely a love-hate character, and his skills are on par with Kira's (if not better). Assuming everyone has seen SEED before Destiny, am I the only one who is annoyed with the way Kira is portrayed? Why do I get the feeling Kira might die in this series? I'd hate myself for ever watching Destiny at that moment should my dear Kira perish to this super-angsty Shinn (btw I cheered when Athrun slapped him for the first time....and then again!).

I finally came to the conclusion that this is how (the writers) want Kira to atone for his sins from SEED. What are your opinions on how Destiny is carrying along? Please respond! Thank you!

*Also kudos to Kira for ending Stellar! I've been waiting for this moment ever since she killed Heine and his "Epyon" in a much short-lived and short-changed episode*

/salute Heine!
I miss you and wish you lasted much longer than that ; ;

Actually, we don't know if it was Kira who misfired and killed Shinn's family. I've watched that episode and there's nothing to prove the shot came from Kira. In any case, Shinn doesn't blame Kira for his family's death, he blames Cagalli and ORB for failing to protect his family.

Yeah, Kira dying in destiny is a recurring nightmare for me as well. I actually can't believe there are Kira haters in the first place. To me, Kira represents one of the ultimate positive side of humanity, Coordinator my ass. As rakusu said, his kindness doesn't come from being a Coordinator. I pray that he doesn't die as well. He doesn't deserve to. He is not a mass murderer and if you really think about it, the last person he personally killed was Rau Le Crueze.

Kira did not kill Stellar. In fact, I'm not sure what Stellar died of in the first place. Even the sharpnel sticking to her body wasn't to her torso area, it was her arms that had sharpnel stuck at it. I really wish Stellar had lived though, to provide a window of redemption for that wretched boy Shinn Asuka. As of now, I don't know if there's anyone capable of getting that dickhead Shinn out of his fit of anger and arrogance. I don't think Asuran is up to the task frankly, since its unlikely Shinn will ever respect him again after being defeated so badly by Kira.

Join me in prayers. PLEASE DON'T LET KIRA DIE?!?!?!?!

Oh, and please let there be a chance for Shinn so that people can actually start to like him.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:27 PM
DIE KIRA!!! XD

Splash!
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:38 PM
well kira dying wud definitely ruin the series. It wud be better to have kept him out of the series all together then to bring him in and make him die. However, looking at the way shinn's character is developing, it seems quite likely that he will probably die in the end too. As for a character like Rey, i hope he dusn turn out to be like Rau( i.e making so much sense all the time but in the end just turning into a psycho.)

Maybe there is still quite some chance for Shinn Redemption but i dont think its gonna be happening any time soon. Maybe Lunamaria will have something to do with it, who knows. I definitely want to know what Neo is going to do from now on. I believe its about time they starting filling the viewers in with whats up with Rey, Neo and Dullindal. Leaving everything to be explained in a rush in the last few episodes like seeds will just ruin the series

Personally i am glad Stellar is dead. The fact that she was a drugged out extended means they cudn possibly have developed her character anymore. I guess thats why she needed to be taken out of the picture. I mean what cud u do with a character like Stellar. It also made sense to bring an end to destroy. Personally, i do not like the idea of huge Gundams that just stand there and shoot and blast. I dont think the destroy took even more than five or six steps from the moment it was deployed to the end

Raquelcasull
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
DIE KIRA!!! XD

; ; I hate you! XD

thejamppa
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Ok, when Stellar is out this phase, Mwu's clone captured and last Enchanted is dead... I think battle will now transfer in space and we will start solving Dullundal's real motives and agenda's. I guess we will see Lacus too. I'm bit disapointed that Stellar died but considering fact that Lunamaria has fallen for Shinn, there is two alternatives: Either Shinn dies at end of series or Shinn will make atonment somehow and will fall for Lunamaria...

But there is now question about it, Stellar is dead...

cybercoin
Sun, 05-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Shinn will kill Kira....or die trying.

Kira took everything away from him. His parents, sister and now Stellar aswell.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-29-2005, 04:39 PM

DIE KIRA!!! XD

; ; I hate you! XD

dont hate me cause im right i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

thejamppa
Sun, 05-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I doubt Shinn can kill Kira. Kira has Ahtrun as Friend, Cagalli as Sister and Lacus as Loved one. Taking out kira would collapse who series put relations in chaos. Besdies it wasn't Kira who killed Stellar. If Shinn will hold someone responsible it will him and Neo. He trusted Neo and Neo gave her word to keep Stellar safe, he broke it. Shinn also attacked Stellar. So no way, I don't really see change that Shinn would kill Kira. He might bear grudge against Kira or I think this is perfect way to mature up Shinn and make him real hero instead that whining little, arrogant brat that he has been.

Even Kira fought in Orb battle I don't really recall that Shinn saw Freedom there. Only Murasame's. Shinn if I'm right at that time Freedom and Justice were closer Murasame research facility to cover mass launcher... If anyone Shinn blaims his family's death, it will not be Kira but Cagalli, because she is Athha. Daughter of Orb's leader, who'se principles made EA to attack Orb and forced Orb forces defend Orb...

Aeon
Sun, 05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Kira is now the worst Gundam character ever.

danholo
Sun, 05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
It wasn't Kira who killed Stellar? Did you even watch the episode? Maybe it wasn't his fault but he sure did kill Stellar in order to protect others, Shinn especially. While Shinn's ideals do coincide with Kira's, he really has a wierd and immature outlook on things. He'll grow up and shape the destiny of things. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

p.s. Nice to see somebody from Finland that watches Gundam. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Curium
Sun, 05-29-2005, 05:28 PM
First, I still want to know where Buster and Duel are!

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

How is this a more true sequel than Z Gundam or ZZ Gundam was? Or Endless Waltz for that reason? (if you count OAVs/movies).

Go back to the original post and read THE REST OF THE SENTANCE. You took it completely out of context Terra. The sentance was "Being the first true sequel to a Gundam series that I've seen so far"

There seems to be a debate on who killed Shinn's family, while it never acctually shows it, there is around an 80-90% chance it was Kira. Calamity was the only MS in the area and was firing at an elevated angle (into the air). The blast to killed Shinn's family was not aimed into the air. In the first couple of episodes it showed that it was Freedom fighting Calamity.

Also I want to repeat something from my first comments on the episode; WHY COULDN'T KIRA BE A FEW SECONDS SLOWER!!!!!! If he had waited just a few seconds then Stellar would have put Shinn out of ALL of our miseries.

EpoC
Sun, 05-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Ahh at last the pshyco bitch is dead, I've been waiting for that a long time now, but I feel i little bit sorry fo shinn thouh even though the fact that I hate him...
I mean that kid has serious problems, well I to would've if my near ones died in front of my eyes like that.
But he's really immature and hates everything bah. Well enough about that little bastard.
Great episode was the thing I was planning to say, as always gundam seed destiny comes with another great episode.
Ok so I've heard that shinn is going to read every info on freedom with the help of Rey. and They are going to find a way to take freedom down.
I hope when the time comes when it's going to be impulse vs freedom, Kira will kick Shinns pathetic arse and chop it into pieces, grill it and sell it at the local café.

Curium
Sun, 05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by: EpoC
Ahh at last the pshyco bitch is dead, I've been waiting for that a long time now, but I feel i little bit sorry fo shinn thouh even though the fact that I hate him...
I mean that kid has serious problems, well I to would've if my near ones died in front of my eyes like that.
But he's really immature and hates everything bah. Well enough about that little bastard.
Great episode was the thing I was planning to say, as always gundam seed destiny comes with another great episode.
Ok so I've heard that shinn is going to read every info on freedom with the help of Rey. and They are going to find a way to take freedom down.
I hope when the time comes when it's going to be impulse vs freedom, Kira will kick Shinns pathetic arse and chop it into pieces, grill it and sell it at the local café.

I don't know, if I was the local cafe I would make Kira pay me to take Shinn off his hands.

Splash!
Sun, 05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
i honestly don't believe that Kira will kick Shinn's arse even tho he is fully capable of it. What i am guessing that he is really gonna hold back while fitin Shinn, and loose. However he will probably make Shinn work for his money, even if he IS holding back. However, i am sick and tired of Shinn always being wrong and turning out at the better end of things. I mean COMON!!!!! I wud really like to see someone dent Shinn's sense of pride but i dont think it is gonna be Kira. In any case, someone needs to beat Shinn really badly in a battle and shut him up!

Dannynonsense
Sun, 05-29-2005, 07:30 PM
for those of you who somehow cannot recall the first episode you'll see what happen to shinns parents and sister is a result of an explosion caused by orga shooting at freedom and also if kira should die destiny would become the worst gundam series alot of people might disagree but kira is by far one of the best characters in the gundam universe.

Curium
Sun, 05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: Dannynonsense
for those of you who somehow cannot recall the first episode you'll see what happen to shinns parents and sister is a result of an explosion caused by orga shooting at freedom and also if kira should die destiny would become the worst gundam series alot of people might disagree but kira is by far one of the best characters in the gundam universe.

I just rewatched the beginning of the first episode. Calamity was aiming into the air to get Freedom. The angle of fire wasn't correct for killing Shinn's family. Freedom was the one that was firing towards the ground.

Also rewatching that reminded me that Mayu was acctually more spoiled then Shinn. I've never commented on it before because I didn't join the forum until around episode 20. There in the middle of a war zone with heavy fighting going on nearby and she is worried about her stupid cell phone. I can officially say that Shinn is the character I hate the SECOND most in Destiny now that I've been reminded of that.

EDIT: What happened to all the Windams from the beginning? I know Stellar launched Destroy with just Neo and Sting, but at the beginning of 32 there was a group of Windams behind them. They were never shown being destroyed or doing anything. Wouldn't they have been helping out, at least against the Murasames.

k_truong
Mon, 05-30-2005, 01:40 AM
shin's just a selfish prick
by the looks of it i reckon he would sacrifise more cities and innocent people just to save stellar

Curium
Mon, 05-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by: k_truong
shin's just a selfish prick
by the looks of it i reckon he would sacrifise more cities and innocent people just to save stellar

The scary thing is that there are people that like that about him. It came up in Cellphone^2's IRC channel while we were camping for the episode to come out (about 5:30-6 AM EDT).

Mut
Mon, 05-30-2005, 02:56 AM
Curium, don't be a douche and idle only in Cellphones^2 channel. If you're gonna be on IRC, come to #gotwoot on irc.gotwoot.net

telemari
Mon, 05-30-2005, 06:34 AM
great episode. except for that flashbacks - maybe anime directors don't belive that someone can actually remember something 32 episodes ago. but freedom sure is a SCARY THING.

naruto22
Mon, 05-30-2005, 07:03 AM
It wasn't Kira who killed Stellar? Did you even watch the episode? Maybe it wasn't his fault but he sure did kill Stellar in order to protect others, Shinn especially. While Shinn's ideals do coincide with Kira's, he really has a wierd and immature outlook on things. He'll grow up and shape the destiny of things.

p.s. Nice to see somebody from Finland that watches Gundam.

OK, now that I think of it, maybe it was Kira who accidentally killed Shinn's family.

But please, since when did Shinn's ideals coincide with Kira's? Kira is a pacifict, Shinn is an aggressor. Shinn's style is very like a berserker with little thought of defence while Kira hasn't killed anyone since Gundam Seed Phase 50. Well, not directly anyway. Shinn's simply does not believe that peace is possible with the Earth Alliance which is why he joined ZAFT while Kira is constantly looking for a way to get both sides to look for peace. Kira, in spite of all he has seen, still has hope, while Shinn has none.

To be perfectly fair, Shinn may well be right. But to lose the will to change the way things are is not right. Abraham Lincoln made the South change what was truly an evil practice of slavery even though the South did not think it was. Just because the majority thinks its OK to do that, doesn't mean we all have to conform with it. That is why there have been rebellions that have overthrown tyrants throughout history. Every dynasty in China fell because of evil and corrupt emperors and officials. It was up to heroes to change the way things are.

I don't think its fair to say Stellar cannot be developed. Any character can be developed, and Stellar's development into something other than a war machine could have been fascinating. Not to mention take Shinn's mind of warmongering. That fellow hasn't had a family for a long time and could have used Stellar as a means of replacing the brotherly love he had for his sister at least.

Funny. Few episodes ago, I was also clamouring for Shinn's death and utter humiliation. But I realise his character is more to be pitied rather than spited. He actually is a good kid who does have a heart as he demonstrated several times when he saved the people of the pacific island and also in the desert. But he fails to see the big picture or view the EA soldiers as human beings, with women and children of their own. He talks about his sense of morality but fails to demonstrate it to his enemies as well.

I've got another prediction. Seing that Destroy is, well destroyed, maybe it'll be a duel to the death between Kira and Shinn that eventually destroys Freedom and Impulse. Afterwards, maybe it'll be healing time for Shinn. Heck, maybe he'll be brought on Archangel. But that would really make Destuny even more like a rehash of Gundam Seed so I guess it won't happen.

One thing we all like to see in the end: THE HUNT FOR LORD JIBRIL!!!!! By the Gods, I hope that that ass finally shows himself in the Girty Lue and finally Archangel and Minerva have a worthy target. And Kira can finally finds someone he can kill with no remorse. That guy is one of the most evil person I've ever seen. Anyone who can watch the slaughter of cities with glee deserves a slow roasting death underneath Freedom's lightsaber. To keep on killing others just because they think Coordinators are OK... that stinks of Fascism. Heck, even his colleagues were afraid of the huge degree of damage Destroy could dish out.

Hell, at least Azrael got his hands dirty by participating in the battles. That guy is still in his room stroking his damn cat.

LokeXero
Mon, 05-30-2005, 07:05 AM
You see a few of them in one of the first few scenes when Sting and Neo are hovering watching Stellar kill things.

The ep highlights the point that Freedom and Archangel are just a nuisance, sure they fight for a cause but all they have done in destiny so far is cause confusion on the battlefield...

Overall it was a pretty good ep though. 1 thing i wonder bout is (i wonder if anybody else noticed) when cagalli launchs in the strike rouge, There is no Athna logo on its shoulders yet in the intro and this pic it has logos on it.
http://www.seedgenesis.net/ind.../destiny/strikerouge.. (http://www.seedgenesis.net/index.php?action=mecha/destiny/strikerouge..)

I also think we'll see Jibril get his hands dirty soon just as Azrael did in Seed with most likely a similar situation....

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-30-2005, 07:46 AM
First, I still want to know where Buster and Duel are!

Go back to the original post and read THE REST OF THE SENTANCE. You took it completely out of context Terra. The sentance was "Being the first true sequel to a Gundam series that I've seen so far"

Clumsy of me to miss it indeed, but reading through the rest of the post it looked like this guy (girl?) took the liberty of talking about the Gundam series in such a way that it looked like he/she knew more than he/she did. It was not a strange mistake to make.

Also, I hate the following: "Go back to the original post and read THE REST OF THE SENTANCE."

Don't ever fucking write that again. I have been here for 2 years longer than you and missing a few damn letters in that time is not bad. So don't you dare try to make me look like some douche that can't read. That approach of yours is so entirely uncalled for.

TwisT
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:41 AM
I thought Destroy went down so easy.. And for the first time a gundam was taken out buy regular mobile suits.. I mean Orb forces went down easily before but now, 3+Cagali took Chaos down.. It feelt so wrong..

LokeXero
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:54 AM
i wonder with all the work Neo ordered them to do to Sting (Erasing both Auel and Stellar) that he lost some of his skills. As irrational as it is thats one explanation as to why Sting sucked.
Another explanation (one i reckon is correct) could be that the orb pilots are actually really good, i think if you stuck them in say Strike or Aegis they would be on par with Mwuu or Lunamaria in there respective suits. The difference is that there MS isnt supposedly as good so there a bit like Athrun,Yzak and Dearka in Yaku's.
Sting clearly should have had his unit spilt up and shoot down the multiple Orb suits only to be killed by cagalli in her strike after seing her pilots get vaped (that would have been great to see her kill somebody)

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
About time that annoying lunatic got offed.

Coulndt have said better myself!

I was wishing for her death for a long time.

The lamest characther in all of the Gundam's i have seen so far even Fray was alot better.....

telemari
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: LokeXero
1 thing i wonder bout is (i wonder if anybody else noticed) when cagalli launchs in the strike rouge, There is no Athna logo on its shoulders yet in the intro and this pic it has logos on it.
http://www.seedgenesis.net/ind.../destiny/strikerouge.. (http://www.seedgenesis.net/index.php?action=mecha/destiny/strikerouge..)

Maybe it's switchable i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mite Gai
Mon, 05-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Destroy got owned and I am happy stupid Stellar got what she deserved. SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR KILLING OFF HEINE AND HIS AWESOME MS, STELLAR!!!! I don't know why Kira didn't just do that from the start. It appears that its shield goes down when it uses the chest cannons it can't just shoot through it.

DDBen
Mon, 05-30-2005, 11:06 AM
i wonder with all the work Neo ordered them to do to Sting (Erasing both Auel and Stellar) that he lost some of his skills. As irrational as it is thats one explanation as to why Sting sucked.
Another explanation (one i reckon is correct) could be that the orb pilots are actually really good, i think if you stuck them in say Strike or Aegis they would be on par with Mwuu or Lunamaria in there respective suits. The difference is that there MS isnt supposedly as good so there a bit like Athrun,Yzak and Dearka in Yaku's.
Sting clearly should have had his unit spilt up and shoot down the multiple Orb suits only to be killed by cagalli in her strike after seing her pilots get vaped (that would have been great to see her kill somebody)

First off don't compare Mwu to Lunamaria they arn't even close in ability. Next it seemed that Sting was more distracted during the fight normally 3 on 1 wouldn't even remotely be a issue. Also note that the orb suits are far better then the basic suits on any other side its been stated regularly that orb has the best tech.

My assumption would be more along the lines they wern't able to fully repare Chaos after the last time Kira destroyed it because do note at no point does sting transform the suit which is very uncharacteristic of him as in any other battle he did so regularly.

danholo
Mon, 05-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: naruto22OK, now that I think of it, maybe it was Kira who accidentally killed Shinn's family.

First they made us think it was Freedom, then Calamity. Who knows?

But please, since when did Shinn's ideals coincide with Kira's? Kira is a pacifict, Shinn is an aggressor. Shinn's style is very like a berserker with little thought of defence while Kira hasn't killed anyone since Gundam Seed Phase 50. Well, not directly anyway. Shinn's simply does not believe that peace is possible with the Earth Alliance which is why he joined ZAFT while Kira is constantly looking for a way to get both sides to look for peace. Kira, in spite of all he has seen, still has hope, while Shinn has none.

Kira a pacifist? You have got to be kidding me. If he'd be a pacifist, he'd be the last person to pilot the Freedom. He understands the use of force but he doesn't want people to get killed.

The thing I'm trying to coincide here is that both believe that they must protect the innocent. Kira wants to protect everybody but Shinn has his ideas a bit mixed up and clearly has made up his mind on "who the bad guy is". Kira knows that there are some whackos but people are kind at heart. I guess Shinn'll understand this some day - or then he'll go all Anakin on us.

danholo
Mon, 05-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by: LokeXeroThe ep highlights the point that Freedom and Archangel are just a nuisance, sure they fight for a cause but all they have done in destiny so far is cause confusion on the battlefield...

I hope you are thinking for yourself and not just quoting what Athrun thinks. Sure, the AA confused things on the battle field in previous eps, but in this one there was really nobody to confuse. Destroy was decimating everything in its path and the Archangel came to save the day. It's not like ZAFT forces on the ground had any chance against Destroy in the first place. In the end, when the AA arrived, it was purely AA vs. Destroy because there were virtually no ZAFT forces left. So no, the episode isn't highlighting anything like that. If it is, it's highlighting Stellar's anguish.

naruto22
Mon, 05-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Maybe pacificst is too strong a word, but regardless, Kira always holds back his punches. He understand the great power he wields when he pilots Freedom and so he is always extra careful with it. Shinn never does and delights in using his power to destroy his enemies.

Guys, just give the Murasame pilots their credit. Actually, we should thank the Archangel crew for arriving because ORB would have smashed the Minerva if not for their interference. The power maneuverability of the Murasame was showcased today against Chaos, which supports the fact that aerodynamic designs is better in atmosphere, and that's why Murasames did well. They were fast, maneuverable and at the same time, could become a mobile suit.

Besides, Chaos transformed mode doesn't like aerodynamic at all, therefore probably can't match the speed of the Murasame. Its transformed mode reminds me of robotech fighters when they transform halfway, with the hands and legs sticking out but the cockpit still there.

Teamwork people, teamwork. Sting was right in the sense that it isn't the mobile suit that determines the battle, its the pilot. But teamwork always outsmarts one opponent, especially if the opponent is an arrogant ass who underestimated the Murasame because they were Natural operated.

Mwu La Fraga piloted Strike well after they redesigned the OS, its just he had the bad luck of matching against Crueze first with a GUAIZ, which is a significantly upgraded version of the CGUE (white colour fancy version of a Ginn for those who can't remember) with beam technology and saber claws. And what does he face next.... PROVIDENCE!!!!! The guy was just plain unlucky: he didn't have a chance to fight fair and square against a Coordinator so we have no way of knowing how Fraga really does in a Mobile suit.

Assuming Neo is Fraga though, he did fight well against Kira with a Windam before Kira finally shot him down.

By the way, Archangel didn't barge into anyone's fight this time. Archangel was merely responding to distress calls and answered. Somebody had to stop Destroy, and Minerva wasn't close enough at the time. And Cagalli made good use of herself to protect civilians while the murasame took care of Chaos.

Damn it, I can't help getting enough of the Murasames. They deserve the win, that's all I can say.

Shinn, so much for losing your virginity. May you die with it intact.... joking guys. Kira would have fared better if he kept his intact instead of being seduced by that #!$*#@!%@#%)$&!^()$& Flay Alster.

By the way, do you all find some similarities between Flay and Shinn? Both utterly set in their ways, stubborn to positive encouragement, aiming to exterminate the enemy, think they are right and everybody else wrong.... OK, so maybe their different and I'm stretching a bit. But one thing is for certain.....

90-100% OF US HATE THEM!!!!

Oh well, we will see what they have in store for Shinn soon.

I really pitied Stellar. Imagine the fear Neo instilled in her of the unknown which caused her to cause so much death and destruction. On the one hand, we condemn her for the the huge amount of destruction, yet as we see her in the cockpit, she's simply a child who has been put at the helm of a city destroyer. Who has been taught that everyone else is a monster and that she must kill to protect herself from death. Even as she blasted the city, I couldn't really hate her after seeing her fearful face, constantly afraid and insecure. Why do you think Neo had to be near? To control her from going berserk, which she finally did after seeing Neo downed by Freedom. Oh no you don't, don't you all dare blame Kira for causing Stellar to go berserk. It was Neo who prepared her that way and now the city pays the price for Stellar's indocrination and brainwashing.

Its truly different from seeing a cool calculated mind like Crueze for example behind Destroy. Hating Crueze who kills for the fun of it and for his perverse view of humanity isn't difficult. but how can you hate a child that was simply given a big gun and told to shoot people or the Big Bad Wolf will get them?

In this sense, I give Destiny its credit and orginality from Gundam Seed. But I really wish they had'nt killed Stellar.

If there is anyone to hate, it is Lord Jibril and his organisation who created the Extended in the first place. Genetically creating human weapons while condemning Coordinators is the height of hypocrisy. And now we see the victim through Stellar, a simple minded child who just so happens to have been taught to kill since young.
May he die a slow death,

Curium
Mon, 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
My assumption would be more along the lines they wern't able to fully repare Chaos after the last time Kira destroyed it because do note at no point does sting transform the suit which is very uncharacteristic of him as in any other battle he did so regularly.

If you watch carefully, he does transform it 1 time. When he is dodgeing the Gottfried blast from the Archangel he transforms as he spins. I replayed that scene slowly to make sure because I had been thinking the same thing before I saw it.

Originally posted by: Mut@chi
Curium, don't be a douche and idle only in Cellphones^2 channel. If you're gonna be on IRC, come to #gotwoot on irc.gotwoot.net

Is that on Rizon?

DDBen
Mon, 05-30-2005, 02:13 PM

If you watch carefully, he does transform it 1 time. When he is dodgeing the Gottfried blast from the Archangel he transforms as he spins. I replayed that scene slowly to make sure because I had been thinking the same thing before I saw it.

Hmm upon rewatching it almost frame by frame it seems your correct as he barrel rolled away it does seem that he transformed for about 2 seconds. In that case its a simple fact of sting is a horrible pilot.

kinggalaxia
Mon, 05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Ok, where to start.....

Number 1. GUESS WHAT GUYS??? SHINN IS THE MAIN CHARACTER!
He is NOT fucking going away! He won't die, at least not in THIS ep! "oh, if Kira was slower, blah blah BLAH"
Stfu, people! Kira is not God; he's a goddamn pussy who's too fucking overpowered to be taken seriously anymore. I've held that since the last third of Seed.
Holding back or not, he will have a damn hard time against Shinn and I juuust know you guys are gonna shit on it, like "oh, oh, Kira's holding back" or "so lame, Shinn hit him more". Grow up and enjoy the story! >< It's not about the character you like or don't like. It's how they are! And if you don't like how one is (gee, wonder who?), then at least make the show more enjoyable for yourself and be open-minded about the psychology involved with them.

Number 2. Everyone who said they're glad Stellar....you should be ashamed of yourselves, honestly. I'll leave it at that.

Number 3. Yeah....Sting died stupidly. I do agree there.

Number 4. Kudos for going ahead with Neo/Mwu+Mirrue. A little too quick, I'd say (could've had him get up from the fall after a while sans mask and Mirrue gets a GLISPE before he runs off....dramaaa). In any case, it'll be quite interesting from here on out. "New enemy", eh, Kotono-chan [narrator]? Hmmmm.....

Mut
Mon, 05-30-2005, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by: Mut@chi

Is that on Rizon?

#gotwoot @ irc.gotwoot.net

So no, it would not be on rizon... We moved from rizon.net to gotwoot.net. We have our own network. There's a thread in the Announcements forum and in General Discussion..

Pay attention!

kyubisrage
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: kinggalaxia
Ok, where to start.....

He is NOT fucking going away! He won't die, at least not in THIS ep! "oh, if Kira was slower, blah blah BLAH"
Stfu, people! Kira is not God; he's a goddamn pussy who's too fucking overpowered to be taken seriously anymore. I've held that since the last third of Seed.
Holding back or not, he will have a damn hard time against Shinn and I juuust know you guys are gonna shit on it, like "oh, oh, Kira's holding back" or "so lame, Shinn hit him more". Grow up and enjoy the story! >< It's not about the character you like or don't like. It's how they are! And if you don't like how one is (gee, wonder who?), then at least make the show more enjoyable for yourself and be open-minded about the psychology involved with them.

Number 2. Everyone who said they're glad Stellar....you should be ashamed of yourselves, honestly. I'll leave it at that.

Number 3. Yeah....Sting died stupidly. I do agree there.

Number 4. Kudos for going ahead with Neo/Mwu+Mirrue. A little too quick, I'd say (could've had him get up from the fall after a while sans mask and Mirrue gets a GLISPE before he runs off....dramaaa). In any case, it'll be quite interesting from here on out. "New enemy", eh, Kotono-chan [narrator]? Hmmmm.....

Number 1: Shinn is gay and has retarded ideals etc etc. So I hope his ass dies.

Number 2: Im glad that bitch died

Number 3: ya I agree he died without much of a fight.

Originally posted by: Mite Gai
Destroy got owned and I am happy stupid Stellar got what she deserved. SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR KILLING OFF HEINE AND HIS AWESOME MS, STELLAR!!!! I don't know why Kira didn't just do that from the start. It appears that its shield goes down when it uses the chest cannons it can't just shoot through it.

Because the last thing Kira wanted to do is kill stellar. But he was forced to do it in the end.

Deamon007
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok, where to start.....

1 kira rules and shin must die the only way shin will win is if kira is fighting with a serious disadvantage and only shin uses seed

4 neo is mwu (I think)

Originally posted by: naruto22
Shinn, so much for losing your virginity. May you die with it intact.... joking guys. Kira would have fared better if he kept his intact instead of being seduced by that #!$*#@!%@#%)$&!^()$& Flay Alster.

it was kira that manipulated flay becouse he is Evil in the cool way (this is afcourse a theory of mine and not a fact)

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-30-2005, 04:54 PM
It would be funny if Shinn killed Kira. Just to see the reaction of everybody.

Mite Gai
Mon, 05-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Shinn is the only one left now who can blow Freedom up so its likely Kira will at least get his ass beat by Shinn.

XwingRob
Mon, 05-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I still don't get why some people think Shinn is gonna go after Kira because his family got caught in the crossfire. I mean I suppose he was probaly angry at Freedom during the shock, but once he sat down and thought about it, he came to the conclusion that it was it Attha's fault. Which I do agree, Shinn and his family should not have been on that island when EA attacked. (Didn't they have two days before the EA finally attacked?)

Curium
Mon, 05-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
I still don't get why some people think Shinn is gonna go after Kira because his family got caught in the crossfire. I mean I suppose he was probaly angry at Freedom during the shock, but once he sat down and thought about it, he came to the conclusion that it was it Attha's fault. Which I do agree, Shinn and his family should not have been on that island when EA attacked. (Didn't they have two days before the EA finally attacked?)

Shinn doesn't strike me as the type that has ever thought about anything.

Mut
Mon, 05-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Shinn skips the thinking process and jumps to his emotional reactions.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-30-2005, 06:16 PM
well i kinda got some more respect for kira in this ep, cause het didnt seem "allpowerfull", and his jedi moves were cool............but still he need to die XD

and for ptx ( the i-hate-wings-on-gundams-guy)
you could cleary c in this ep freedom uses his wings for extended mobility, at that part where chaos and windam close in on him, he repositions the wings

kinggalaxia
Mon, 05-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by: kyubisrage

Ok, where to start.....

WOW! You suuure showed me.

"Shinn is gay"

Damn, I canNOT fight back from that! *fakes a fetal position in a corner*

"hope his ass dies"

This, I can rebute.
That 'hope' you have is irrational and exclamatory. GSD will turn into a horrible, horrible scar, should it's main character die, especially by the first main character's hands. The only way I'll accept Kira killing Shinn would be if Shinn turns evil and it has to be done and even THEN, I'll be going wtf constantly anyway, so..... NO!

XwingRob
Mon, 05-30-2005, 06:38 PM

Shinn doesn't strike me as the type that has ever thought about anything.

True, but he must have come up with something after a year's time... heh.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 05-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I believe that Shinn (although I hate Shinn to some extent) does think sometimes. Like when Shinn decided to take Stellar back to Neo. He hacked the specs for Stellar's Gaia and got the code so that he could give her back. Now that took some thinking. Now how he abducted her and the fact that he held Neo to that promise was stupid. So all in all Shinn does think a little.

Now Stellar's death is in fact a group of peoples' fault.
First Neo. It is his fault for putting stellar in in the Destroy in the first place and telling her about scary things.
Next Sting. It is his fault for going down like a bitch and losing to three Orb suits while he was piloting a gundam with funnels. That was the most pathetic death in this series so far.
Now the Archangel. It's their fault for bringing Kira.
Now the Minerva. It's their fault for bringing the emotional Shinn.
Now Shinn. It's his fault for rushing in like some kind of wannabe Kira with a heroic attitude, cutting open the destroy's cockpit, and scaring the hell out of Stellar thus making the situation 1000 times worse than when it was when it was just Kira and the Archangel fighting because she became even more parinoid.
Finally Kira. It's his fault for just being there. He decided to shoot down Neo which nearly broke Stellar. He also didn't have to stab the positron cannon. He could have kicked Shinn out of the way dodged the blast and finally cut off one or both of Destroy's legs and letting it fall backwards as it fired its positron cannons. Then Kira could have slowly or quickly disabled all of the weapons that the Destroy had, or let Stllar completely lose it, shoot something and have some gun backfire resulting in Stellar killing herself.
I almost forgot Stellar. Its her fault for looking at the freedom instead of Shinn. If she really trusted Shinn with protecting her she would've stayed calm and NOT remembered what Kira did to Neo.

Destroy gundam wasn't right for Stellar anyways. Her attenion span and skill aren't large enough to fight with that suit. I believe that destroy was wasted on Stellar.

kyubisrage
Mon, 05-30-2005, 07:19 PM

Ok, where to start.....

WOW! You suuure showed me.

"Shinn is gay"

Damn, I canNOT fight back from that! *fakes a fetal position in a corner*

"hope his ass dies"

This, I can rebute.
That 'hope' you have is irrational and exclamatory. GSD will turn into a horrible, horrible scar, should it's main character die, especially by the first main character's hands. The only way I'll accept Kira killing Shinn would be if Shinn turns evil and it has to be done and even THEN, I'll be going wtf constantly anyway, so..... NO!

Lol ok buddy ^_^. I wouldnt be shocked if shinn turns evil. He is too trigger happy.

DDBen
Mon, 05-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Lol ok buddy ^_^. I wouldnt be shocked if shinn turns evil. He is too trigger happy.

What do you mean turn evil... Shinn has been evil from the get go his only motivation is revenge and his own ego. I can't give you an example of anyone Shinn has actually cared about period in this entire series from the point his parents died until now.

The only argueable exception is Stellar but I still feel that he passed her off to Neo just so that he would have someone to blame when she inevitably died. I gave extensive feedback about my feelings of Shinn's motivations for returning her in the discussion for the episode where he did.

Splash!
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
yeah , i have no idea where shinns character is going. I mean there has to be something that will maybe fix his head up. U know what wud be really niice, if Shnn does end up damaging the freedom pretty bad, maybe cagalli wud meet up with him on the battlefield later on and seek revenge against him for screwing kira over. Shinn wud most likely be like wtf and i am not fitin this weakling coz i am too damn good after beating the freedom. Maybe then Cagalli will just go SEED mode or sumthin and do some damage to him or sumthin, and he'll be like oh shitt, what the hell i really suck. Maybe that will straighten out his character a little bit by giving him less to gloat about.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:00 PM
You know I realized something watching Kira and Shinn pilot in this episiode. How do they do all these complex movements with just pedals and those throttle thingies.

Splash!
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
i wud try and justify it for u but honestly i have no idea. My only answer is , its a cartoon and while some things do make sense, not all do. Besides i dun think they need to bother us with the details of how their cockpit works anyhow coz if they had details, there wud be probably be actual things like mobile suits flying around in the world, but since there arent, i guess well just leave it at that. U cant really compare ideas like that to reality. Thats why one wud just tend to look away from that aspect and enjoy the show

Mae
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Nice action ep. I liked Destroy a little better in after it transformed, and the detachable hands were a nice touch. Kira vs Destroy had some good scenes. It was also nice to see Cagalli actually accomplish something and have her soldiers actually achieve a victory. It could be argued that Sting went down to easily, but I prefer to think that the pilots were good and he was careless.

It was a little silly to let Stellar survive the destruction of her mobile suit only to die in Shinn's arms (ARRRRGGH! instead of NOOOOOO!, but I was close). I wonder how this will affect his character? Will he just be sad and broken? Will he want revenge? And if so, will he want revenge against Kira (who destroyed her suit), Neo (who put her in danger and is now conveniently a helpless prisoner), or the earth alliance (ultimately responsible for the conflict)? It will be interesting to watch how he reacts in the next ep.

Edit: To above, please type would instead of wud. I can deal with u for you, but wud? I mean, seriously.... And as we've discussed before "it's just a story or it's just a cartoon" isn't really a valid argument. A good story is internally consistant and plausable at some level allowing for viewers to enjoy it without beign distracted by thinking "this would never happen." If someone acts way out of character or something really unbelievable happens than people say things are "unrealistic." It's a sign of poor story telling and a valid complaint.

Edit tp below: Man, and right after I defended you too... oh well, I stand by my opinion.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: splash
i wud try and justify it for u but honestly i have no idea. My only answer is , its a cartoon and while some things do make sense, not all do. Besides i dun think they need to bother us with the details of how their cockpit works anyhow coz if they had details, there wud be probably be actual things like mobile suits flying around in the world, but since there arent, i guess well just leave it at that. U cant really compare ideas like that to reality. Thats why one wud just tend to look away from that aspect and enjoy the show

Yeah I guess that you are right. We probably could not concieve it anyways.

Curium
Mon, 05-30-2005, 10:02 PM

The only way I'll accept Kira killing Shinn would be if Shinn turns evil and it has to be done and even THEN, I'll be going wtf constantly anyway, so..... NO!

Personally I WOULD be shocked if he doesn't turn evil. He does exactly as we please without ever seeing any sign of consequences. He didn't even learn when his entire family was killed because his sister was too stupid to leave a cell phone behind and keep running. They just stood there while Shinn got it and waited to get blasted.

kinggalaxia
Mon, 05-30-2005, 10:04 PM
lol@kyubi

Yeah, something that would make the series quite interesting is if Shinn, Kira, or Athrun turn evil, just so we could have a contrast to "Char's Counterattack".

Shinn - he IS an angry fellow, yes, so it'd be believable that he just says "Fuck it, I'm gonna kill everyone"....juuust like Dulindall, who at this time is supporting Shinn.

Kira - he's too peaceful, yet his ways will never work. He'll cave at the notion that war is necessary and will go nuts. This is possible, with Lacus being away from him. Notice that he became more of an ass after Lacus left (ep #27).

Athrun - Destiny....destiny that he tried running away from...that of his father's vision. He'll see how fucked the human race has become and become sucked into that Zala legacy. Of course, his notion would be completely clouded, and then Shinn or Kira (honestly, I'd prefer Kira here) would have to end him.

Thought-provoking, eh? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Roko
Mon, 05-30-2005, 10:59 PM
that was a fun ep. Those 3 in the murasames remind me of those 3 girls that were the first pilots of the Astray. Looks like things will be slowing down a bit (as in action and fighting) from the preview of the next ep, which is great, since I really really wanna see the confrontation between Ramius and Neo when he wakes up. Can't help but wonder when in the world Lacus will appear again...hope she shoots Mia the next time we see her...Mia just needs to die, and soon. Stellar's death was more like "Awww, she died" but once Mia gets shot, well...I'll just leave that up to your imagination as to what I'll do.

btw, @ kinggalaxia how about all of them turn evil? Now that would be a nice twist i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kyubisrage
Mon, 05-30-2005, 11:02 PM
LOL @ king

I dont think athrun will turn evil. He will prob join AA again. Kira's ways might never work but have you seed gundam seed. Kiras way worked there.

kaigan
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:03 AM
i only hope that shin starts on a murderless path. killing innocents and do all kind of horrible things. this way, the creator can kill that faggot off.

chitgoks
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:16 AM
i dont even think shinn is better than athrun. it would be nice if it will be athrun vs shinn theny shinn will be embarassed by athrun once he owns him.. that will put a BIG dent in his ego

Curium
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:21 AM
I posting this here because we had been discussing who acctually killed Shinn's family. I don't have the episode of SEED where they were fighting outside Orb available to watch right now, but I found some SD Gundam SEED thing (it is in the FTP that was posted by Danholo Here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=15056&enterthrea d=y)) that was a remake of that scene. While I don't take it as cannon or anything, it did remind me of another possibility. I had completely forgotten about Forbidden. Instead of bad aim on Kira's part, it seems more likely to me now that Kira blasted Forbidden, but Forbidden deflected the blasts and one hit Shinn's family. Just really random bad luck.

kinggalaxia
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by: kaigan
i only hope that shin starts on a murderless path. killing innocents and do all kind of horrible things. this way, the creator can kill that faggot off.

*shudders at f word* no comment

k_truong
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:40 AM
i reckon the main battles for the end would be
strike freedom vs destiny
and
justice vs legend

since all the drugies are dead.. and it's unlikely that the minerva would mutiny against zaft.

Curium
Tue, 05-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by: k_truong
i reckon the main battles for the end would be
strike freedom vs destiny
and
justice vs legend

since all the drugies are dead.. and it's unlikely that the minerva would mutiny against zaft.

Those match ups are probably likely, but don't forget Impulse in there as well as Cagalli and Watlfeld. Another thing, I would guess that the EAF will introduce some new people. They won't be willing to just let ZAFT go after what happened to Destroy. They are just too stubborn.

Dannynonsense
Tue, 05-31-2005, 05:38 AM
after watching the first episode again i noticed something since shinn went to go get his sister cellphone when the explosion happend he was saved but shinn didnt actually see who shot who or what happen his back was turned and he bent down to pick up the cellphone which is why he blames ataha family for what happen since they decided not to comply with the federations demands

Optimaximal
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:01 AM
Tbh, thats why when it happened you saw both Calamity & Freedom fire at the same time. The viewer is meant to think 'wait, which suit actually blew up Shinn's family'...
I bet it'll all turn out that it was Calamity that hit Shinn's family and that all the rage currently focused on Kira & Orb should be re-focused on the EA...

PSJ
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:00 AM
WOW awesome episode i caught myself having the biggest smile for the whole episode. Kira is beyond cool i just didnt like how he waited going seed. and shinn is still a retarded bitch. the fact that he still is piloting that god damn suit is beyond me.

the death of the druggies was well diffrent? i dont know i just dont know what stellars death was to accomplish, maybe some crying from the veiwers and a littel sympathy for shinn etc? i just smiled and was happy when her arm dropped. stings death however was a bit more disappointing but i can understand why he died, he had his mind on diffrent things, as to why he didnt get destroy and such, you could see it clearly he had a bit of a grudge against neo while fighting and his mind appearently strayed a bit. the explosion was nice it looked really cool and there are no pink clouds anymore(SEED). neo went down even cooler, at first i thought he died but this way it might be better and i really hope we will learn if he is mwu or not. and kira commented on something about the windam, maybe that he recognized the way it fights?

and to say that shinn's skill is on par with kiras is a little to much dont you think? the only one so far that got skills on par with kira has to be asuran even tho he doesnt show it he clearly holds back. kira could take shinn down in a heartbeat, shinn wouldnt even get whats happening.

i dont like shinn as a main character at all you dont feel sympathy for the guy in the slightest. he just got to much of a double-standards to be a guy you can relate to, he tells asuran off every second he can and then he goes of doing something much much worse. be it that it is for love still he preaches about devotion to the army etc. but got none himself. fucking brat, gahh i hate him.

LokeXero
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey dont mind me - Im picked as a shinn fanboy simply cause i think hes a better pilot than kira. I also think Athruns a better pilot than Kira so we wont bring up the Athrun vs Shinn contest.

Jurojin
Tue, 05-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I will say that at the very least Kira got shown up a little in the segment with Blast Impulse and Freedom. You know, the one where Kira tried to swipe at Blast, who dodged it and even counter-moved with a very near-miss to Freedoms head with the beam javelin? Im not saying that it shows the level of skill or anything, but at the very least it shows that Kira is not always better than Shinn. Or maybe better to say that Shinn could possibly keep Kira on his toes, if Shinn can keep moving like that.

Edit: I would like to try and see if I cant figure out the logic of Neo putting Stellar in the Destroy. Ok, Shinn wanted Neo to put Stellar in a place where she would be happy, without War, violence, death, etc. Well, Neo being the smart person that he is, knows that no such place exists. He sees the Destroy and goes Hmm, if I give Stellar this invincible (we know better) mobile suit, shell be safe inside of it, and shell be able to win the war quickly and decisively, so she can make that place without violence/war/death/etc. Thinking like that, does it still seem that Neo broke that promise as grievously as a lot of people seem to think he did?

telemari
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:00 AM
don't forget that impulse is newer. freedom sure has more firepower, but impulse may be faster.

PSJ
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:32 AM
i remember when shinn dodged kiras beam sabre but that could as easliy be passed of as a fluke, not saying that it is but it could be.

Optimaximal
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
For having gently provided this topic with spoilers several times over, as well as having destroyed the plot for the upcoming episodes for those who DO NOT READ SPOILERS (guess what, they exist) you have been granted a vacation of a currently unknown length. Your other spoilers have also been deleted. When you come back, if you do so: KINDLY READ THE RULES. Fucking idiot.

GotWoot Moderator

Raquelcasull
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
I still feel Kira was portrayed as the one responsible for killing Shinn's family. It's his destiny to fight Kira.

Also I found out how the final episode of Destiny ends: ******spoiler below*********

After Shinn kills Kira (somewhere in space), he breathes a sigh of relief.......

-suddenly-

Mayu's cell phone rings.....

Shinn: "Moshi moshi?"
(voice): Shinn niisan, honto ni Shinn oniisan!? Yokata! Cellphone no mitsuketa? (Shinn, is that you? I'm so glad! You found my phone?)
Shinn: Mayu!? Sou na bakana! (Mayu!? this can't be!)
***rest of dialogue in regular english instead of poor japanese ^^;****
Mayu: Ya I'm fine and so is Mama and Papa we've been staying in Japan all this time, well here's my new cell phone call me sometime ok? *click*!
Shinn: ......Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! *self destruct inside Gundam*

*ending song is same as ending song from School Rumble*

Dannynonsense
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
wow thats an intresting endiny Raquelcasull now if that would really happen it would ruin the show for a lot of people, by the way does anybody know how many episodes there is alot of places are saying unknow

Psyke
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by: Dannynonsense
wow thats an intresting endiny Raquelcasull now if that would really happen it would ruin the show for a lot of people, by the way does anybody know how many episodes there is alot of places are saying unknow

According to MAHQ Gundam Seed Destiny is planned for 50 episodes, the same as Gundam Seed.

PSJ
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by: Optimaximal
By that reasoning, nearly every time Freedom or Strike dodged an attack, it must have been a fluke...

I don't really want to keep pressing anything, but face it... Shinn is easily as capable a fighter in a mobile suit as Kira... He lets his emotions run wild way too much, but then so did Kira until about this time in SEED...

if you read the whole post you will see that i say it could be passed of as a fluke but i didnt say it was. we have seen shinn move like that ONCE not more.

and ill say it again my opinion is based on what we have seen in the episodes not your pictures.

Guardian_2000
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
If I recall that Blast Impulse vs Freedom was "SEED mode" Shinn vs Normal Kira. And at that point they were equal although Kira was more under control and level headed. If you wanna talk about spoilers and stuff that happens later lets take it out of this thread. I'd also suggest editing out that picture link. It already exists in the spoiler thread I made.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Guys, it pretty much ruins the moderating efforts if you insist on quoting spoilers...

Guardian_2000
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Maybe they just want to give you mods some extra work.

Jurojin
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Terra, when things get frustrating and you dont know how to deal with people, just ask yourself: WWYD? So what would Yzak do right now?

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:56 PM
@Jurojin: The great part is that such resolves comes pretty naturally for me, since I am almost as impulsive as Yzak himself i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Deamon007
Tue, 05-31-2005, 02:15 PM
I still feel Kira was portrayed as the one responsible for killing Shinn's family. It's his destiny to fight Kira.

Also I found out how the final episode of Destiny ends: ******spoiler below*********

After Shinn kills Kira (somewhere in space), he breathes a sigh of relief.......

-suddenly-

Mayu's cell phone rings.....

Shinn: "Moshi moshi?"
(voice): Shinn niisan, honto ni Shinn oniisan!? Yokata! Cellphone no mitsuketa? (Shinn, is that you? I'm so glad! You found my phone?)
Shinn: Mayu!? Sou na bakana! (Mayu!? this can't be!)
***rest of dialogue in regular english instead of poor japanese ^^;****
Mayu: Ya I'm fine and so is Mama and Papa we've been staying in Japan all this time, well here's my new cell phone call me sometime ok? *click*!
Shinn: ......Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! *self destruct inside Gundam*

*ending song is same as ending song from School Rumble*

nooooooooooooo Kira dies but if Shin dies to its worth it because Kira can alway's use his coolness to come back to life like he and mwu did last time i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I realy liked how natural orb soldiers owned Sting finaly the normal soldiers get to do something besides dying

Jurojin
Tue, 05-31-2005, 02:53 PM
@Jurojin: The great part is that such resolves comes pretty naturally for me, since I am almost as impulsive as Yzak himself

Just making sure i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I could so see you peddling "WWYD" bracelets and shirts.....

Curium
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:27 PM
For anyone interested the SEED-Fansubs version is out.

http://seed.eatshoe.com/

Roko
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Haro^2 Tori^2 (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/torrents/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_32_%5BF00D27B7%5D.avi.torrent?info_hash=efc96c05f 1b88a5c8b9c77d9c6d6c27b7513e3db) Version is Out

Vegechan
Tue, 05-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Anyone see a Shinn:Anakin thing going on here?

Curium
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by: Vegechan
Anyone see a Shinn:Anakin thing going on here?

Just don't post any spoilers for episode 3.

chitgoks
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:05 AM
finally saw episode 32 and here is what i can say. shinn going between those two handed lasers of destroy was crap. but that's how the director wanted it to be, then so be it. nothing we can do. stellar was firing anywhere like crazy, it was impossible that destroy's hand lasers stayed focused in one direction while shinn easily went by between them.

but.. hey.. i liked this episode because.. STELLAR'S FINALLY DEAD! hahaha. sometimes i pity her when she's in a calm mode, but it's right that she's dead. she's annoying.

neo stinks. he was easily taken down by kira. and sting, being taken down by murasames i believe he wasnt focused, because before he got creamed, he was already telling the people to withdraw. still, if he were really a good pilot, he should have avoided hits by those murasames.

shinn will surely blame kira for everything because he never accepts that he's at fault. even if he is immature because he is a kid, kira was never like that in seed.

cybercoin
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:56 AM
No, Kira just got Manipulated over and over i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

laxklein
Wed, 06-01-2005, 04:56 AM
I've been browsing this website for quite sometimes and found that most of the comments were funny!

Did it ever come to your mind that the reason why shinn's parents died is because of his stupid little sister. They could have run all the way to the ship but instead shinn has to come back for that silly cellphone and there his parents and mayu standing idly waiting for him to return. Geez, it's war no one would be so dumb to just stand by and retrived a pathetic cellphone. Run for your lives. And then Shinn is blaiming cagalli, for what? for saving their country from being a lapdog to the EAF?

Aramis
Wed, 06-01-2005, 05:01 AM
darn, this show goes over the top sometimes with pilots getting emotional in battles.
especially in shinn's case, he never thinks. his suit's name...Impulse..fits him well.
though the stuff he did was questionable, it was shinn's presence that made stellar go crazy, leading to her defeat. (although you could also argue that it made her level even more of Berlin)
at least Kira was able to hold himself together, he once again looked like a real elite pilot should =D

LokeXero
Wed, 06-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Aramis Shinn actually calmed stellar down until she saw FREEDOM, Who by the way shot down Neo so how is Shinn to fault for that. If anything again its Kira's fault for trying to act like a peacekeeper.

Dannynonsense
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Aramis Shinn actually calmed stellar down until she saw FREEDOM, Who by the way shot down Neo so how is Shinn to fault for that. If anything again its Kira's fault for trying to act like a peacekeeper.

kira didnt do anything but try to stop destroy its not his fault she got scared when she saw him he in no way provoked stellar she's just insane what do you expect and also say if kira didnt stop destroy shinn wouldnt be around anymore when you think about it

Everon
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Don't be so hard on Kira, he just doesn't understand the love that can brew between an Incestuous smart-mouthed boy and a berserk mortiphobic girl. Considering Stellar had in the last two episodes destroyed at least 3 cities, killing hundreds, I don't see what was wrong with Kira deciding to linger nearby to assest the odd situation.

I wonder when its going to dawn on Shinn that giving Stellar back wasn't the best idea.

LokeXero
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:15 AM
Sure Kira tried to stop destroy but shot down Neo beforehand. And Stellar scared, maybe quite likely actually about Freedom killing her/Neo yes, but is see more of a revenge motive for shooting down Neo as to why she flipped out after seeing Freedom after kira shot down Neo.

Whats this about "if kira didnt stop destroy shinn wouldnt be around anymore when you think about it". At no point in this episode does Kira save Shinn and more importantly all kira did was antagonise Stellar,Neo and Sting and even you have to admit that, Kira was a great cool guy end of SEED but so far in destiny hes been nothing but an annoyance that fights for his own ideals and disrupts the major players (ZAFT and EA). Maybe there wasnt anything wrong with lingering around when he wasnt needed

Destroy was attacking a ZAFT base, AA responded to the distress call but ultimately Kira and AA should have pulled out when Minerva came along, instead of staying around as they did and things wouldnt have ended as they did meaning we woudnt be having this conversation.

DDBen
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Sure Kira tried to stop destroy but shot down Neo beforehand. And Stellar scared, maybe quite likely actually about Freedom killing her/Neo yes, but is see more of a revenge motive for shooting down Neo as to why she flipped out after seeing Freedom after kira shot down Neo.

Whats this about "if kira didnt stop destroy shinn wouldnt be around anymore when you think about it". At no point in this episode does Kira save Shinn and more importantly all kira did was antagonise Stellar,Neo and Sting and even you have to admit that, Kira was a great cool guy end of SEED but so far in destiny hes been nothing but an annoyance that fights for his own ideals and disrupts the major players (ZAFT and EA). Maybe there wasnt anything wrong with lingering around when he wasnt needed

Destroy was attacking a ZAFT base, AA responded to the distress call but ultimately Kira and AA should have pulled out when Minerva came along, instead of staying around as they did and things wouldnt have ended as they did meaning we woudnt be having this conversation.

Have you even watched this series because everything your saying is completely wrong. First off Neo told Stellar that something bad would come and kill her if she didn't kill everything in sight. This was purely Neo making Stellar as paranoid as possible. As for Kira shooting down Neo he didn't kill the guy and perhaps if shinn didn't cut a hole in the cockpit she could have seen that Neo survived. All of that aside Kira would have at no point killed even stellar on purpose he was after destroy not the pilot.

As for Kira saving Shinn... Both Kira and Neo stopped Stellar from killing Shinn at multiple points including when kira took out destroy and Shinn was sitting in front of the chest cannon blast had Kira not stopped it from firing Shinn would undoubtably be dead. Not only that but had Kira and the Archangel not been in the battle Destroy would have killed shinn and the Minerva in seconds as nothing the Minerva could do alone would have come close to stopping it with only 1 mobile suit VS 2 Elite EA Pilots and destroy at best.

Also Destroy was not attacking a Zaft military base it was leveling every city where anyone who supported Zaft might be located killing everyone reguardless this was not a targeted attack on a Military headquarters but instead random killing of everyone and everything in its path.

WRX Sti
Wed, 06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I was just really dissapointed that Shinn wasn't killed by Stellar, it was also amusing to see how easily Sting was taken down by the ORB pilots. Also i wasn't suprised by Stellar's death. I also found it a load of crap how Shinn could damage Destroy while Kira could barely touch it until Shinn damaged it.

Motteh
Wed, 06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
first of all: Shinn is the main character, no series will have their main character killed of halfway through

second: i find the discussion about who killed shinn's family and whatnot ridiculous, it's totally besides the point
the point is he joined ZAFT because they were killed and he blames orb, well generally Cagalli and her father (in itself quite arguable but that's the kind of guy Shinn is)

third: when do you Shinn haters realise the guy got Impulse for a reason
he undoubtably has skill, and remember that Kira pretty much sucked at piloting untill the approximately episode 28/30 (the battle where Nikol was killed)
so yes maybe Shinn sucks now but he'll get better, he IS the main character after all
also, Shinn's character will get a make over, i just have a feeling about that, whether or not it is because he gets his ass kicked and whether or not Kira does that i can't and won't say

destroy was just way too overkill to survive more then 1 episode, although the way it went down was quite unsatisfying to me, i expected more explosions and even more mayhem
but i feel that stellar dying (if she really is dead which i kind of doubt after seeing the flashes for the next episode)
in Shinn's arms was a nice touch
Shinn will obviously blame Freedom and go after Kira and company

Neo being Mwu and all that, i'll just say wait and see

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 06-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Is she dead? Because in the previews....shinn is carrying her....of course..he maybe burying her but meh.....

I eagerly await the time when ZAFT throws the book at shinn, for starting this chain reaction that led to the destruction of three cities and the death of so many civilians and ZAFT soldiers. Perhaps this is the humble pie we've all been waiting for shinn to choke on.

Stellar still died regardless.....i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif NOOOOOoooOOOOoOOo

PTX-003C
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:05 PM
-del-

danholo
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by: DDBenHave you even watched this series because everything your saying is completely wrong.

I don't think he does. He even mistook Neo in the openings for Rey in the Neo vs. Murrue scene.

DDBen
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by: Motteh
first of all: Shinn is the main character, no series will have their main character killed of halfway through

Karekano aka His and her circumstances around episode 24 kills off the entire main cast and randomly starts over. So actually there is a precident. I'm not saying it will happen here just felt the urge to point that useless fact out.

Motteh
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:00 PM
well we are talking about the sequel to Gundam Seed
so events taking place in Destiny will primarily follow the same "code of conduct" as in Seed
at least that would be the most reasonable thing to do

kyubisrage
Wed, 06-01-2005, 08:20 PM

Ummm if it wasnt for Kira shinn would of been dead by stellars chest cannon. Kira saw stellar as a threat and took action. Also Kira wasnt going to escape after stellar calmed down. He was prob staying there just in case.

Motteh
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:08 PM

Ummm if it wasnt for Kira shinn would of been dead by stellars chest cannon. Kira saw stellar as a threat and took action. Also Kira wasnt going to escape after stellar calmed down. He was prob staying there just in case.

there is no way to know for sure Shinn would've been killed, since it didn't happen that way
many people may not like the guy but he does have piloting skills which would've allowed him to dodge
based on the fact he pulled some fancy moves before (with and without Seed mode on)

and about Kira staying there
i think he too was dumbfounded about Shinn freezing after Neo told him it was Stellar
because the others didn't hear that and wondered why the hell Shinn wasn't doing anything after succesfully damaging Destroy before

DDBen
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:38 PM

there is no way to know for sure Shinn would've been killed, since it didn't happen that way
many people may not like the guy but he does have piloting skills which would've allowed him to dodge
based on the fact he pulled some fancy moves before (with and without Seed mode on)

and about Kira staying there
i think he too was dumbfounded about Shinn freezing after Neo told him it was Stellar
because the others didn't hear that and wondered why the hell Shinn wasn't doing anything after succesfully damaging Destroy before

There has been absolutely nothing done by shinn that would make me believe there is any way in hell he could have taken on Chaos, Neo and Destroy all at once as the only mobile suit. The fact is Shinn has been unable to take down ANY of them and the slash he made at destroy would have been useless. Dullindale is trying to get the people on the Minerva killed he always has been.

Reguardless of Shinns skills he has NEVER been able to slice a laser out of the sky and the only reason destroy had even bothered to turn into a mobile suit instead of fortress was because none of the weapons could do ANYTHING to Kira.

So I'm sorry but the fact is Shinn wouldn't have stood a chance 1 on 1 VS destroy even Kira needed help with that one.

Edit:

well we are talking about the sequel to Gundam Seed
so events taking place in Destiny will primarily follow the same "code of conduct" as in Seed
at least that would be the most reasonable thing to do

Another side note Kira did get killed off halfway through seed he was just picked up by lacus and for all intents and purposes to everyone in the series at that point Kira was dead. So following the same "code of conduct" as Gundam seed Shinn will come to a draw while fighting Kira and be picked up by a pink haired popstar with a nuclear gundam in her garage. I don't see them pulling identical tricks like this to often however.

XwingRob
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
These Kira VS Shinn debates are... oh so interesting!

DDBen
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:42 PM
ignore this post it doesn't exist I swear

Motteh
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:49 PM
don't get me wrong
i don't have anything against either Shinn or Kira
it's just that i'm getting tired of all these people who put Kira on a pedestal and cut down the legs underneath Shinn's chair at the same time

and as for my "code of conduct" comment
that wasn't intended to be taken literally
of course it would be absurd if Kira self destructed taking Shinn down so Shinn was found laying on the beach by some blind guy who takes him to plant so Shinn can wake up to a "pink haired popstar with a nuclear gundam in her garage"
and also for the viewer it became immediately clear that Kira wasn't dead in Seed
and with immediately i mean the same episode Athrun was picked up by Cagalli

Curium
Wed, 06-01-2005, 10:40 PM

Are we even watching the same show??? If Kira hadn't shot Neo down (taking him out of the fight) do you really think he would have let Shinn talk her down and stop her from fighting. He may have stopped her breifly, but then Neo would talk to her and she would start back up again.

Somebody already mentioned it, but I'll repeat it anyways, Right at the end Stellar was about to fire all the chest cannons again, Shinn was just sitting there trying to talk to her. In SEED mode he MIGHT have dodged (I doubt it), but the way he was focusing on calming Stellar he wasn't in a position to do so. If Kira hadn't disabled Destroy's chest cannons he would have been blasted.

Also, when both sides in a war are wrong (though the public doesn't know about ZAFT's misdeeds yet) then they should be disrupted. Both sides are wrong, are you saying they should just sit back and let them at each other?

Destroy was acctually attacking the city of Berlin, Germany. The closest ZAFT base would be Gibralter. Besides Destroy had already wiped out 3 cities of innocent cilivilians, and would have continued to do so. It doesn't matter who showed up (unless of course it was reinforcements for the Destroy), making sure that thing was taken down had to be the priority. Besides, the Minerva only launched 1 MS (I know that is mainly Kira's fault), there is no way Kira or the Archangel could leave it to them to fight alone.

This goes back to my first point. Say they do as you suggest and fall back once the Minerva arrives. Both Sting and Neo were still fighting at that time, so it would have been them and Stellar vs Shinn. In that case Shinn may not even get a chance to find out Stellar is in Destroy. Even if he did, and Stellar acctually listened to Shinn instead of Neo, Neo could just use the programmed key words to get Stellar going again.

EDIT: Another note, the Minerva was minimally armed itself. The Tannhouser has never been repaired since Kira took it out, all it's other main weapons were taken out in the last battle (some may be repaired, but not all). It might have it's CIWS (close in weapon systems, mainly Machine Guns), but those won't do much to Destroy.

PTX-003C
Wed, 06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/5896929k782.jpg

Death13a
Wed, 06-01-2005, 11:28 PM
PTX What that post for?

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:46 AM
This is for all of you people who hate Shinn. DON'T. He is at that point in time where he questions what he is fighting for. His purpose and reasons for fighting. If Asuran has a heart to heart talk with Shinn and doesn't say something stupid they both may learn something. Shinn is a good person. He is just a good person with some mental issues. I would be a bit cocky too if eveyone around me got shot down and I had the only surviving suit. As for taking Stellar away... well it was better than just having her disected while suffering on a ship where he could only watch and do nothing to help thus breaking the promise that he made with his woman. Shinn was also justified to get mad when Cagalli started to spout her crap. To me it was even better that he shot at her.

I personally don't like Kira in this series. All he does is go into battles gun happy. Stellar's death is his fault anyways. Why you ask. HE WAS THERE THATS WHY! If Kira wasn't there then Stellar wouldn't have had to have died there.

Also Kira didn't have to stab Destroy. There are so many differtent ways that he could havehandeled that.

LokeXero
Thu, 06-02-2005, 01:21 AM
You can argue that Shinn wouldnt be alive cept for Kira but i dont see it that way cause it wouldnt be a problem if Kira and AA didnt intervene, though even if Destroy hadve fired impulse is still not directly infront of Destroy, it wouldve cut impulse's right side apart but not necessarily killed Shinn.

Maybe Neo did make Stellar paranoid before she entered Destroy but still it wasnt until Stellar saw Kira after Shinn calmed her down that she went berserk - http://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD_32_-_0937.jpg) (http://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD_32_-_0937.jpg) and the shot she sees Kira inhttp://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD_32_-_0938.jpg which causes her to go mental because to her Freedom is Death..

And Zaft did have some "Operatives/Personel" in Berlin (http://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD2.jpg) - Gibralter is in Spain (http://gundamofficial.com/worl...background/maps.html). (http://gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/background/maps.html).)

I concede that my comment about the opening is prob wrong but maybe speculation, i slowed the animation down and you see Hair Curls which u see earlier in Rey not Mwu hence why i thought it was Rey but i guess if majority think its Neo then it i guess it will be...

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by: Death13a
PTX What that post for?

don't you see it's very simillar?(part of it is hidden...cuz this forum doesn't auto resize pics)

Mut
Thu, 06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
No, it's more like your picture breaks the forum tables.

telemari
Thu, 06-02-2005, 04:17 AM
did that old man also said I love you?

danholo
Thu, 06-02-2005, 05:10 AM
Gibraltar is in Spain?!?! Well, duh... Now that's quite obvious to everybody who has a hint of common knowledge. But Gibraltar is still the closest ZAFT base while it was a little off from Berlin.

Def_X
Thu, 06-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Out of curiosity... I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or noticed this yet but why does it seem like they are just doing the first season of SEED only from the other angle and new characters? I mean first there is the first fight with orb where Kira shows up right on time to blow up Minerva's bow gun just in time. Then there is the whole let me give back our prisoner against the captain's orders story. Then there is the lets take one government completely out of the running to expose the evil of the other government. In the end the little separate faction of good will prevail. Some elements have changed and new twists are fun. But for the past 30+ eps I've been watching the same anime again.

DDBen
Thu, 06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
This is for all of you people who hate Shinn. DON'T. He is at that point in time where he questions what he is fighting for. His purpose and reasons for fighting. If Asuran has a heart to heart talk with Shinn and doesn't say something stupid they both may learn something. Shinn is a good person. He is just a good person with some mental issues. I would be a bit cocky too if eveyone around me got shot down and I had the only surviving suit. As for taking Stellar away... well it was better than just having her disected while suffering on a ship where he could only watch and do nothing to help thus breaking the promise that he made with his woman. Shinn was also justified to get mad when Cagalli started to spout her crap. To me it was even better that he shot at her.

I personally don't like Kira in this series. All he does is go into battles gun happy. Stellar's death is his fault anyways. Why you ask. HE WAS THERE THATS WHY! If Kira wasn't there then Stellar wouldn't have had to have died there.

Also Kira didn't have to stab Destroy. There are so many differtent ways that he could havehandeled that.

I'm still not positive what series your watching here in the slightest. Lets see Kira as not killed a single person in GSD and I'm sorry but you can't prove otherwise as there isn't a single example of this at all. As far as Kira could have taken out Destroy in a differn't way? What on earth are you talking about he stabbed it and that managed to take out the suit without doing killing Stellar. I still see absolutely no way she died from the injuries she sustained in the fight. My assumption is currently she is just passed out or else Shinn is carrying around a corpse for next episode. As for what Shinn is fighting for he isn't confused at all the only thing he has ever fought for is himself all he's doing is seeking revenge and killing everyone he see's.

Now as a side note Stellar just killed hundreds of thousands of people taking out 4 cities including Berlin is not something anyone no matter why has any right to be forgiven for. She didn't end the war she just made things worse and killed tons of innocent people and heck likely created a few more Shinn's to boot.

You can argue that Shinn wouldnt be alive cept for Kira but i dont see it that way cause it wouldnt be a problem if Kira and AA didnt intervene, though even if Destroy hadve fired impulse is still not directly infront of Destroy, it wouldve cut impulse's right side apart but not necessarily killed Shinn.

Maybe Neo did make Stellar paranoid before she entered Destroy but still it wasnt until Stellar saw Kira after Shinn calmed her down that she went berserk - http://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD_32_-_0937.jpg) (http://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD_32_-_0937.jpg) and the shot she sees Kira inhttp://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD_32_-_0938.jpg which causes her to go mental because to her Freedom is Death..

And Zaft did have some "Operatives/Personel" in Berlin (http://xs31.xs.to/pics/05224/GSD2.jpg) - Gibralter is in Spain (http://gundamofficial.com/worl...background/maps.html). (http://gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/background/maps.html).)

I concede that my comment about the opening is prob wrong but maybe speculation, i slowed the animation down and you see Hair Curls which u see earlier in Rey not Mwu hence why i thought it was Rey but i guess if majority think its Neo then it i guess it will be...

If Kira and the archangel didn't intervene the Minerva would have been slaughtered having only one mobile suit pilot who frankly no matter how good you think Shinn is had ZERO chance of taking out Destroy on his own. Its just impossible with his skills and the state of the minerva who frankly couldn't have scratched destroy.

What did confuse me in the episode was what happened to all the other windams that were supporting Destroy, Chaos and Neo?

oh and as for PTX-003C that is just scary to see G-Gundam was absolutely terrible and that scene is not something I want to relate to the attempt at a love story between Shinn and Stellar.

heero
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I expected Sting to die but didnt expect him to die to random pilots. And Windom got shot down so fast I didnt even see what happened. I rewatched that part and I think it was the archangel who shot him? since Kira asked for help and Windom got shot by lasers right after that. I can't believe how fast Destroy got destroyed. I thought it would last to the end. And Stella!!!! I can't believe she died. I didnt even see any scratch on her! How long is this series anyways? It seems like everything is ending but Destiny and the new Freedom isnt even out yet. I thought Freedom was gonna get damaged sometime in this episode but I guessed wrong. Destroy turned out not so great afterall since it did nothing but destroyed cities.

darkshadow
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
no it was kira, he just wanted archangel to capture him, thats y you c murrue and crew standing there

heero
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor

I'm still not positive what series your watching here in the slightest. Lets see Kira as not killed a single person in GSD and I'm sorry but you can't prove otherwise as there isn't a single example of this at all. As far as Kira could have taken out Destroy in a differn't way? What on earth are you talking about he stabbed it and that managed to take out the suit without doing killing Stellar. I still see absolutely no way she died from the injuries she sustained in the fight. My assumption is currently she is just passed out or else Shinn is carrying around a corpse for next episode. As for what Shinn is fighting for he isn't confused at all the only thing he has ever fought for is himself all he's doing is seeking revenge and killing everyone he see's.

Now as a side note Stellar just killed hundreds of thousands of people taking out 4 cities including Berlin is not something anyone no matter why has any right to be forgiven for. She didn't end the war she just made things worse and killed tons of innocent people and heck likely created a few more Shinn's to boot.

I think you are wrong about Shinn wanting to kill everyone because he was totally mad when Stellar destroyed the city and everyone in it. He just wants to kill everyone that wants to start war since it was the war that caused his family's death after all. If your loved ones died one after another I think you would be as angry as he is.

no it was kira, he just wanted archangel to capture him, thats y you c murrue and crew standing there

o really...I dont see how Kira could of shot him with his back facing him as he flew by...

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by: telemari
did that old man also said I love you?

that's not even "i love you"
it was just "shinn, suki"
it's very clear that stellar doesn't have the knewledge of "love"
it's just meaning "shinn, like"

PSJ
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: heero

o really...I dont see how Kira could of shot him with his back facing him as he flew by...

then check it again its clearly kira who is doing it. its the same as when he flew past impusle and chopped of its arm in a flash. he did a spinn and shot neo down while spinning.

Motteh
Thu, 06-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Destroy turned out not so great afterall since it did nothing but destroyed cities.
well if you just take a look at what the size of Destroy was
it would've been pretty useless against anything except large groups of enemies or bases/cities
just not accurate and manouverable enough to be able to find 1 on 1 against a decent suit with a decent pilot

XwingRob
Thu, 06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm curious if ZAFT is gonna come up with their own version of Gundam Fortress...

darkshadow
Thu, 06-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

then check it again its clearly kira who is doing it. its the same as when he flew past impusle and chopped of its arm in a flash. he did a spinn and shot neo down while spinning.

and the gotfried gun ( i think ) shoots beams that are WAAAAY bigger, and simultaniously, kira just flew down, did the spin psj said and shot neo

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh, and I know somebody will mention Kira setting Stellar off after Shinn calmed her down, you can't really blame him for that. He knew nothing about Stellar, and probably didn't know that she couldn't see him. He was just hovering in the sky while Shinn talked to her. He didn't do anything to provoke her (and it wouldn't have provoked 99% of people). He was just there.

In fact, Kira is an idiot for not going all out 100% of the time against Stellar. Anyone who just killed that many defenseless civilians deserves to be killed. The onyl thing that could have saved her would be her getting out of the Destroy. But she'd never do that cuz she's fucking retarded!

I believe I disagree with everything you just said. Archangel can do whatever the hell they want, they don't need to respect ZAFT's jurisdiction or anything. They wanted to destroy the Destroy before it destroyed more cities, can you blame them for backing up Minerva and giving them the support THEY NEEDED to take Stellar down?

Oh, and Shinn was standing right in front of those giant chest-mounted energy beams. Can't imagine those wouldn't have hurt him much... Nah, not at all. In fact, Stellar would suredly BE CAREFUL TO AIM AROUND SHINN!!! Because she likes him... oh wait, I don't think she aimed more than twice all episode long... And the bitch is crazy. Shinn woulda been scrap without Kira...

Good job Murasame pilots. You suck Sting.

Eat worms Stellar... or rather... worms eat Stellar.

What I want to see next: Deakka returns! Auel revived! Rey goes to the Dark Side after learning in Cloud City that Rau is his father! Kira chokes on a breadstick. Someone jacks that pansy Arthur in the groin to reveal in fact that he has no balls. Shinn cries, some more... Dullindal becomes the Emperor and overthrows the Council! "And it was never painfully obvious that I was evil ! Mwhaha!"
...and a lesbian kiss between Mia Campbell and Lacus.... giggity giggity gig gig giggity All Right!

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:31 PM
DDBen, he's carrying her corpse. Bet you $20 on that.

FelixZeroWhatever your name is. Kira is not a guns-blazing guy at all. While I'll agree that the self righteous snot seems to believe he should be the only one with any sort of military firepower, and that he shoots like ten-frickin-laser-beams-at-a-time, he isn't trying to kill or doing anything more than fighting in the way he believes is best. Problem is, he's leaving half the people without any means to defend themselves (thats what happened to Heine) and totally disrespects anyone who believes that they are fighting for something. Kira seems to believe all the battles are stupid and pointless, that they need to be stopped, not finished. He is sick of fighting, disgusted at war, and unable to turn his back on the fight at the same time. He simply believes that he knows what is best for everyone else. God I hope we see the day where he is proved wrong.

Motteh
Thu, 06-02-2005, 08:10 PM
masamuneehs - kira fights for what he believes to be right
but don't ZAFT and EAF do exactly the same thing?
war is about clashing ideals of 2 or more parties
ZAFT and EAF in this case
Kira and company are just trying to do the best they can to stop it before everyone forgets what eventually started the war and thus fight a battle that has no end

now i don't agree they choose the best way to do it
especially because they seriously lack intel and there's no way for us to know that this "Terminal" they do get intel from isn't "colouring" the information they pass
like Azreal and Rau in Seed who both followed their own respective agendas and so supporting both their respective sides and the enemy by deliberately leaking intel

I'm curious if ZAFT is gonna come up with their own version of Gundam Fortress...
i don't see this happening really
because apart from the ridiculously (if that's a word) big G.E.N.E.S.I.S cannon at the end of Seed
ZAFT has always preferred more agile and manouverable machines
for me the reason why they've used mobile suits instead of mobile armors from the start

XwingRob
Thu, 06-02-2005, 09:25 PM

i don't see this happening really
because apart from the ridiculously (if that's a word) big G.E.N.E.S.I.S cannon at the end of Seed
ZAFT has always preferred more agile and manouverable machines
for me the reason why they've used mobile suits instead of mobile armors from the start

Ah, very good point indeed, Motteh.
Well... I'm sure there will be at least one more Gundam Fortress before the series is over...

heero
Thu, 06-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

oo ya i see it now

Destroy turned out not so great afterall since it did nothing but destroyed cities.
well if you just take a look at what the size of Destroy was
it would've been pretty useless against anything except large groups of enemies or bases/cities
just not accurate and manouverable enough to be able to find 1 on 1 against a decent suit with a decent pilot

ya and I think it could of taken out archangel and minerver if Stellar aimed at them. There's no way they could dodged those beams

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Kira and company are just trying to do the best they can to stop it before everyone forgets what eventually started the war and thus fight a battle that has no end

especially because they seriously lack intel and there's no way for us to know that this "Terminal" they do get intel from isn't "colouring" the information they pass
like Azreal and Rau in Seed who both followed their own respective agendas and so supporting both their respective sides and the enemy by deliberately leaking intel

I do acknowledge that Kira fights for what he believes is right. Same goes for ZAFT and EAF and anybody else. Destiny, and the original Seed too, focus alot on how the politicians and radicals manipulate the public and the soldiers to fight for their (the politicians') agenda. One of the best parts of this series is that it acknowledges that there is a line where "the cause" becomes forgotten and victory becomes both the ends and the means.

My problem is when people try to "stop it before everyone forgets why it started." Firstly, what started this war (my speculation here) is 2 crazy bastards, Djibril and Dullindal, taking advantage of peoples' insecurities and differences, rigging a colony drop and responding with impossible demands on PLANT. These are manipulations, inflaming the people and leading them to believe that a vast majority of "The Enemy" are out to kill them, and that they need to strike back. Or that they are superior because "the other side is so barbaric"

So the cause of the war can be debated as not a very good reason to fight.

Why then do I think that Kira is wrong for stopping it?

1. Its the way he goes about it. I admire protecting innocent civilians (from the Destroy) or trying to reveal to a misled army what their old ideals and motives are all about (Orb). But simply going around on a battlefield and disarming everybody, leaving them virtually defenseless is not the way to stop the war. Its like saying, "if we took away all the guns there would be no war!" People will still fight, with swords or sticks or fists, if they believe its worth fighting over. Taking away a person's ability to defend themself on the battlefield, when you're just one guy and one ship is wrong because you can't disarm everyone. When someone dies because he couldn't fight back (Heine) and you were the one that disarmed him, but not the other guy (he did hit Stellar, but she still had an offensive capability) how is that any better than if he had died in normal combat? Its worse!

2. It's his self-righteousness. Ignoring, for a moment, the fact that the war was caused by radicals, that the cause is fueled by propaganda, Kira is basically stopping everyone for fighting for what THEY believe in. Someone fighting to kill all Coordinators or Naturals is bad if they just go about killing indiscriminetley, but what about people fighting to protect their land, or to free prisoners, or just defending themselves after being attacked? Kira doesn't even question or think about why everyone else is fighting. He disrespects what they're fighting for, doesn't even let them do what he's doing...

3. He is missing the real problem. Cutting up everyone's weapons may end this battle, but what about all the other ones being waged around the world? A stalemate caused by Archangel and Freedom in one spot will most likely lead to a larger deployment of troops on both ZAFT and EAF sides to capture it later. He is creating confusion on the battlefield. He does nothing about the Blue Cosmos' propaganda nor ZAFT's false Lacus. He doesn't try to convince anyone to see it his way, he just blows up their rifle and flies off, leaving them pissed as hell and probably more determined than ever to fight next time.

4. He is practicing a double standard. He goes around with one of the most powerful MS ever, making every Zaku and Dagger into sitting ducks. "Just having the strength, or just wanting to do something, alone they are not enough" Wasn't that a theme from the original Seed? He is taking away from others the only means of expression that he employs to make his impact on the world, to further his cause, power. And he is actually showing both sides that they require MORE power if they ever want to achieve their goals. If you can't take down one friggin Gundam, even if it is the best, then obviously you're not going to win the war because he'll keep showing up and disarming everyone! Plus, the EAF Naturals must view Coordinators as even bigger monsters, even worse threats, after fighting Kira.

He had to kill dozens if not hundreds of people, fight dozens of pointless battles, damn near kill his best friend and nearly die before he started to realize his errors and start ot think they way he does now. He won't allow anyone else to repeat those errors, even though they may be necessary to learn about the horrible side of war.

Oh, and he's too fucking invincible out there (except Shinn scratched him once, maybe once, I believe. And Neo did too in Ep. 32) It pisses me off seeing the "hero" so immortal and so proud and self-righteous.

There, that's my rant. Suck it, suck it dry. Bitches.

Curium
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Lets see Kira as not killed a single person in GSD and I'm sorry but you can't prove otherwise as there isn't a single example of this at all.

I'm pretty sure he has killed a few Minerva crew members. When he took out the Tannhauser it was fully charged and ready to fire so it caused a rather large explosion. Also in the episode following it looks like body bags in the background in one scene.

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Problem is, he's leaving half the people without any means to defend themselves (thats what happened to Heine)

To be fair, Heine did not die because he was left without weapons. He died because he turned his back on Gaia. I don't know if he thought it was disabled or not, but Kira was obviously moving on (the stare down with Saviour) and not intending on continueing against Heine. Gaia on the other hand was very much a threat.

kinggalaxia
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:44 PM

I do acknowledge that Kira fights for what he believes is right. Same goes for ZAFT and EAF and anybody else. Destiny, and the original Seed too, focus alot on how the politicians and radicals manipulate the public and the soldiers to fight for their (the politicians') agenda. One of the best parts of this series is that it acknowledges that there is a line where "the cause" becomes forgotten and victory becomes both the ends and the means.

My problem is when people try to "stop it before everyone forgets why it started." Firstly, what started this war (my speculation here) is 2 crazy bastards, Djibril and Dullindal, taking advantage of peoples' insecurities and differences, rigging a colony drop and responding with impossible demands on PLANT. These are manipulations, inflaming the people and leading them to believe that a vast majority of "The Enemy" are out to kill them, and that they need to strike back. Or that they are superior because "the other side is so barbaric"

1. Its the way he goes about it. I admire protecting innocent civilians (from the Destroy) or trying to reveal to a misled army what their old ideals and motives are all about (Orb). But simply going around on a battlefield and disarming everybody, leaving them virtually defenseless is not the way to stop the war. Its like saying, "if we took away all the guns there would be no war!" People will still fight, with swords or sticks or fists, if they believe its worth fighting over. Taking away a person's ability to defend themself on the battlefield, when you're just one guy and one ship is wrong because you can't disarm everyone. When someone dies because he couldn't fight back (Heine) and you were the one that disarmed him, but not the other guy (he did hit Stellar, but she still had an offensive capability) how is that any better than if he had died in normal combat? Its worse!

2. It's his self-righteousness. Ignoring, for a moment, the fact that the war was caused by radicals, that the cause is fueled by propaganda, Kira is basically stopping everyone for fighting for what THEY believe in. Someone fighting to kill all Coordinators or Naturals is bad if they just go about killing indiscriminetley, but what about people fighting to protect their land, or to free prisoners, or just defending themselves after being attacked? Kira doesn't even question or think about why everyone else is fighting. He disrespects what they're fighting for, doesn't even let them do what he's doing...

3. He is missing the real problem. Cutting up everyone's weapons may end this battle, but what about all the other ones being waged around the world? A stalemate caused by Archangel and Freedom in one spot will most likely lead to a larger deployment of troops on both ZAFT and EAF sides to capture it later. He is creating confusion on the battlefield. He does nothing about the Blue Cosmos' propaganda nor ZAFT's false Lacus. He doesn't try to convince anyone to see it his way, he just blows up their rifle and flies off, leaving them pissed as hell and probably more determined than ever to fight next time.

4. He is practicing a double standard. He goes around with one of the most powerful MS ever, making every Zaku and Dagger into sitting ducks. "Just having the strength, or just wanting to do something, alone they are not enough" Wasn't that a theme from the original Seed? He is taking away from others the only means of expression that he employs to make his impact on the world, to further his cause, power. And he is actually showing both sides that they require MORE power if they ever want to achieve their goals. If you can't take down one friggin Gundam, even if it is the best, then obviously you're not going to win the war because he'll keep showing up and disarming everyone! Plus, the EAF Naturals must view Coordinators as even bigger monsters, even worse threats, after fighting Kira.

He had to kill dozens if not hundreds of people, fight dozens of pointless battles, damn near kill his best friend and nearly die before he started to realize his errors and start ot think they way he does now. He won't allow anyone else to repeat those errors, even though they may be necessary to learn about the horrible side of war.

Oh, and he's too fucking invincible out there (except Shinn scratched him once, maybe once, I believe. And Neo did too in Ep. 32) It pisses me off seeing the "hero" so immortal and so proud and self-righteous.

There, that's my rant. Suck it, suck it dry. Bitches.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chitgoks
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
masamuneehs, kira did doubt if his actions are right or not (when he and the captain of archangel talked, he asked her that) but at least kira believes in something and is focused on that certain thing. that's better than being confused (like athrun).

kira does nothing about the false lacus, but the real lacus does, so that already counts (teamwork? he he he). we just havent heard from lacus lately but we will soon.

and yes i agree heine wasnt pretty much disabled, he only lost one arm. dont tell me he doesnt know how to use his other arm. if he doesnt, then he sucks. it's just that he turned his back and realized gaia was behind him too late. sorry for him. and if he was a good pilot, he should have done something to avoid death. or maybe his zaku just isnt powerful that it can detect incoming presence from afar (only near ones?). that's what i think i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kinggalaxia
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:48 PM
*thinks about it a little*

hmm....Kira = Bush?

*HIDES*

DDBen
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:54 PM

Lets see Kira as not killed a single person in GSD and I'm sorry but you can't prove otherwise as there isn't a single example of this at all.

I'm pretty sure he has killed a few Minerva crew members. When he took out the Tannhauser it was fully charged and ready to fire so it caused a rather large explosion. Also in the episode following it looks like body bags in the background in one scene.

There is absolutely no way to know if anyone was killed when Kira took out the Tannhauser as far as random techs or crew members I would have to say its VERY unlikely that anyone would be sitting around inside a active main cannon of a ship considering its a energy weapon that does not require loading and that the ship simply didn't take that much damage from it.

masamuneehs as far as your comments go lets get a few things straight here. The ArchAngel isn't fighting for either side in the current war they are simply gathering facts and preventing as many deaths as they can in the process. They specifically only stopped battles involving Orb who should be neutral and specifically Kira did so at the request of his sister. Its not like every battle Kira is running around in the middle of trying to stop it by disarming everyone. I simply don't see the ideals being shown on either side here. I believe the archangel actually intended to aid Zaft in disarming the EA so that the war could be avoided but a assassination attempt on your Girlfriend tends to make you not trust someone.

I'm sorry people but Kira is not acting the least bit selfrightous at all in GSD he is fighting specific battles for very specific reasons and is simply trying to protect his loved ones as best he can. As far as Heine goes he got himself killed end of story.

Deamon007
Fri, 06-03-2005, 12:12 AM

hmm....Kira = Bush?

*HIDES*

Kira try's to stop a war
Bush creates a war to get reelected

*gets a f****g big gun* be vewwy vewwy quiet I'm hunting kinggawaxia i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

(thanks Curium I forgot that)

Curium
Fri, 06-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by: Deamon007

hmm....Kira = Bush?

*HIDES*

Kira try's to stop a war
Bush creates a war to get reelected

*gets a f****g big gun* be vewwy vewwy quiet I'm hunting kinggalaxia

for that joke to work right you need a "w" in the name, like saying kinggawaxia or something.

Everon
Fri, 06-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by: Def_X
Out of curiosity... I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or noticed this yet but why does it seem like they are just doing the first season of SEED only from the other angle and new characters? I mean first there is the first fight with orb where Kira shows up right on time to blow up Minerva's bow gun just in time. Then there is the whole let me give back our prisoner against the captain's orders story. Then there is the lets take one government completely out of the running to expose the evil of the other government. In the end the little separate faction of good will prevail. Some elements have changed and new twists are fun. But for the past 30+ eps I've been watching the same anime again.

Hehe I guess the cliche thing to say is "History has a way of repeating itself."

I agree with ya Def_X, I think its common occurance with all production companies. The case could be a simple as the writers that run out of ideas, but in some cases they use similar themes because its a safe way to attract the same audience.

Destiny does have its moments, watching Shinn go beserk for all the wrong reasons and seeing his comrades encourage his behavior has been interesting.

kinggalaxia
Fri, 06-03-2005, 09:57 AM
lol, true, true... but with masamuneehs points, like Kira having double standards, too much power, and never seems to think he's wrong anymore, well....it just seems like he's in a Dubbaya kinda mind state.

Meh, whatever. I think and know Kira is cute..even hot... but I wouldn't fuck em like it sounds like you guys would. Y'all sound like Fllay anymore. "Beat/kill them all (most preferably Shinn)...win...for me.."

Dannynonsense
Fri, 06-03-2005, 11:33 AM

There, that's my rant. Suck it, suck it dry. Bitches.[/quote]

to respond to this crazy long post all i have say is what lacus said first you decide then you see it through all the way

DDBen
Fri, 06-03-2005, 11:45 AM
lol, true, true... but with masamuneehs points, like Kira having double standards, too much power, and never seems to think he's wrong anymore, well....it just seems like he's in a Dubbaya kinda mind state.

Meh, whatever. I think and know Kira is cute..even hot... but I wouldn't fuck em like it sounds like you guys would. Y'all sound like Fllay anymore. "Beat/kill them all (most preferably Shinn)...win...for me.."

Are we watching the same series here!?!?!? Kira as well as everyone on the Arch Angel have spent multiple episodes talking about how they didn't know if they were taking the right actions. All they have done is protect whats important to them while they search to find out which side is really right so they know where to fight.

I simply have not seen at any point this power hungry dictator called Kira who's flying around trying to prove how cool he is. In fact the only one really doing that one is Shinn.

Motteh
Fri, 06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
but in Shinn's case he's just following orders
so you can't actually blame him for shooting down everyone he fights, it's his job

Dannynonsense
Fri, 06-03-2005, 02:20 PM
peoples perception of the arch angel actions are all screwed up its just like DDBen said "Kira as well as everyone on the Arch Angel have spent multiple episodes talking about how they didn't know if they were taking the right actions. All they have done is protect whats important to them while they search to find out which side is really right so they know where to fight." but everyone wants to say something stupid like oooh there ruining the series since there going around getting into all these fights. i think the real reason everyones complaining because nobody likes the main charcter shinn really is a prick at this point in the series by the end lets hope he comes to some form of enlightenment

Motteh
Fri, 06-03-2005, 02:35 PM
i myself find it refreshing to have a main char who's not your stereotypical "good" guy

DarkSasuke
Fri, 06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Anyone got a clue where can you download destiny from 29-the rest?

Dannynonsense
Fri, 06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by: DarkSasuke
Anyone got a clue where can you download destiny from 29-the rest?

yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh try here http null (http://seed.eatshoe.com/)

DarkSasuke
Fri, 06-03-2005, 05:49 PM
thx danny

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-03-2005, 06:14 PM

Are we watching the same series here!?!?!? Kira as well as everyone on the Arch Angel have spent multiple episodes talking about how they didn't know if they were taking the right actions. All they have done is protect whats important to them while they search to find out which side is really right so they know where to fight.

I simply have not seen at any point this power hungry dictator called Kira who's flying around trying to prove how cool he is. In fact the only one really doing that one is Shinn.

Mind you, I see what DDBen is getting at about him trying to find out where he should fight. Yes they fight to protect what is important to them, but they are stopping others from doing that very same thing. I never said Kira is power hungry nor trying to prove how cool he is or being like George W Bush. I won't get into politics here... Kira isn't trying to feed his ego either. But he is using his great MS and piloting skills, giving him more than the fair one-person say in things. His influence is strong because of his Seed and his MS, but he denies others the latter and most weren't born with the former.

And, regardless of how much they talk talk talk about "are we doing the right thing?" they keep going about it anyway. Maybe they're on the verge of some much needed character development or revelation about their purpose in the war, but so far they've been doing the same old stuff again and again.

Its not about "why" they're fighting, it's HOW they are fighting, Kira especially, that has people pissed...

i myself find it refreshing to have a main char who's not your stereotypical "good" guy

amen reverend. Noble selfless nice heroes are a dime a dozen in anime. Shinn's rashness, short temper, smugness with his power and impunity for others makes him stand out.

And I know what Lacus said, but that is also the very definition of narrow-mindedness...

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Considering how people react towards Shinn, it's not hard to understand why producers stick with the selfless & goodguy heroes... seen from a financial viewpoint, of course.

Myself, I agree that Shinn is a fresh breath of air when it comes to main characters. And I've been saying that since episode 1. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Dannynonsense
Fri, 06-03-2005, 06:48 PM
shinn isn't a bad character in fact from the first time he appeared with sword impluse i was like yea thats the kind of character we need however in recent episode though he's seems to be growing more arrogant and stupid thats all. and as for the that bs you said "His influence is strong because of his Seed and his MS, but he denies others the latter and most weren't born with the former And, regardless of how much they talk talk talk about "are we doing the right thing?" they keep going about it anyway. Maybe they're on the verge of some much needed character development or revelation about their purpose in the war, but so far they've been doing the same old stuff again and again." because its like watching two people fight over something ridiculous so somebody steps in to intervene when words dont work its up to action which ends up stoping two people from kicking the crap out of each other for no reason sure theres a lot more people involve but if you have the power to do something you should. and dont be punk sitting on the side lines saying it will all work out in the end

Nai
Fri, 06-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Myself, I agree that Shinn is a fresh breath of air when it comes to main characters.
Completely agreed. I love Shinn due to the fact that he's such very 'human character,' as opposed to Kira, the classical naive to the maximum white knight.

As for the Episode, it sure was some heavy stuff. The scene in the end with Shinn holding Stellar almost made me shed a tear, which I don't do easily. The action was also great, and it simply made me laugh to see Sting getting owned by cannon fodder as he was trying to retreat. Such a sad thing.

Motteh
Fri, 06-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
[Completely agreed. I love Shinn due to the fact that he's such very 'human character,' as opposed to Kira, the classical naive to the maximum white knight.

well Kira is a knight in shining armor type of guy perhaps but to say he's less "human"
i just like the way Shinn has a very very short fuse
there were some eps in the original Seed where Kira (among others) was like that
i found those eps to be the most satisfying to watch personally

DDBen
Fri, 06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Mind you, I see what DDBen is getting at about him trying to find out where he should fight. Yes they fight to protect what is important to them, but they are stopping others from doing that very same thing. I never said Kira is power hungry nor trying to prove how cool he is or being like George W Bush. I won't get into politics here... Kira isn't trying to feed his ego either. But he is using his great MS and piloting skills, giving him more than the fair one-person say in things. His influence is strong because of his Seed and his MS, but he denies others the latter and most weren't born with the former.

And, regardless of how much they talk talk talk about "are we doing the right thing?" they keep going about it anyway. Maybe they're on the verge of some much needed character development or revelation about their purpose in the war, but so far they've been doing the same old stuff again and again.

Its not about "why" they're fighting, it's HOW they are fighting, Kira especially, that has people pissed...

Well to answer this its pretty simple Lacus said "First you decide then you see it through to the end" This is exactly what Kira and the Archangel have done. First in attempting to prevent the Orb/Minerva battles (who btw had Kira and the ArchAngel not interfered in that one Shinn and company would have already been dead) Then with the Destruction of Destroy.

I'm sorry but I can't think of a single example of the ArchAngel going off the deep end and if Kira really wanted to take neither side and kill everyone he certainly is capable of it and would have had no problem with doing so when the Minerva was so heavily damaged with only Shinn and Neo having working mobile suits left and Shinn no longer being able to fly it wouldn't have been a particularly long battle either.

multi
Fri, 06-03-2005, 11:18 PM
yeah i got say shinn needs to have more respect for athrun. but i can see why he doest cuz of him losing to kira. it looked like athrun and shinn were gonna fight in the next episode, i hope athrun beats the shit out of him or punks shinn bad. And yes shinn is the biggest hyppocrite out there. he gonna talk smack about athrun's bitch. At least she didnt kill millions of people with a trigger. shinn is so naive too, how the hell u gonna trust the enemy and yell at athrun like a lil baby and say he that man promised me. fucken idiot.

Curium
Fri, 06-03-2005, 11:22 PM
i just like the way Shinn has a very very short fuse

That right there is the most basic reason I hate shinn. I hate people like that in real life too, so I guess you could say I'm predispossed to hate him in the first place.

laxklein
Sat, 06-04-2005, 02:23 AM
kira and the archangel were fighting for what they believe is right. they don't take sides. they balance the situation. unlike minerva crew or ZAFT and EAF they are all like a dog. they follow whatever their master's command, they kill because they were asked to do so. the figther''s like shinn, rey or lunamaria - then neo, stellar and others, they fight and kill innocents without hesitation, coz that's the order.

kinggalaxia
Sat, 06-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Interesting....this is the longest topic for an episode discussion, I believe

very much agree with you, Terra. Flawed bastard beats invincible pureheart in my book.

Masa, again, you're right. HOW they're fighting is as counterproductive to ending the war as ZAFT (and Shinn)'s kill-em-all attitude.

Motteh
Sat, 06-04-2005, 05:41 AM

very much agree with you, Terra. Flawed bastard beats invincible pureheart in my book.

Masa, again, you're right. HOW they're fighting is as counterproductive to ending the war as ZAFT (and Shinn)'s kill-em-all attitude.

actually i think that in Destiny ZAFT has NOT a kill-em-all attitude
if there would be one who has it it would be the EAF, i mean whatever purpose did Destroy have?

and Curium, in real life i can't stand short fused punks myself but in Shinn's case it's a refreshing twist from the overall standard of the goody-doody "choir boy" routine

kinggalaxia
Sat, 06-04-2005, 09:11 AM

if there would be one who has it it would be the EAF, i mean whatever purpose did Destroy have?

and Curium, in real life i can't stand short fused punks myself but in Shinn's case it's a refreshing twist from the overall standard of the goody-doody "choir boy" routine

ok, I'm wrong there...

but at least some of us agreee that Shinn is a refreshing main character

DDBen
Sat, 06-04-2005, 09:16 AM

You do realise the Arch Angel isn't fighting to stop the war at this point they are simply fighting to protect whats important to them until they can determine which side they should take.

Curium
Sat, 06-04-2005, 03:33 PM

I think it would be more accurate to say that "actually i think that in Destiny ZAFT has NOT a kill-em-all attitude yet."