PDA

View Full Version : Spore

Y
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:13 AM
http://www.pqhp.com/cmp/gdctv/ <--- while it claims registration is required, just enter random numbers into the fields and it'll pop the video up anyway. I've had reports of errors in various browsers - I use Firefox and can view it with no problem.

The presentation is an hour long and Wright begins demoing the game at 12 minutes. Watch the entire thing: it's amazing seeing this go from "neat Flash game" to "Sim City 5000" to "OH MY GOD" to "SFJKHKDFJKLGANJG".

Seriously, this shit will blow you away.

EDIT:

"Building sim" does not even begin to encompass the scope of this game. Watch the video and it explains itself.

Mut
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:49 AM
This is probably the most insane game ever. It's got sooooooo much shit you can do. If any of you don't watch the entire presentation, I will murder you!

EDIT:

You fags, hurry up and watch the video and post here.

Hikyuu
Sat, 05-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Wow... that was awesome.. o.o.. it includes everything from like.. pac man to civ.. and w00t .. terraforming..planet destruction o.o.. When is it supposed to come out? or is it just a concept game??/

Wilik
Sat, 05-28-2005, 02:01 PM
http://spore.ea.com
I think it said 2006 sometime....

Assertn
Sat, 05-28-2005, 02:37 PM
sweet......

i've always been a fan of procedural-based games
the kind where you can never have the same experience twice

Y
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Wright is shooting for a fall 2006 release.

If this doesn't get butchered in development (and I doubt he'll let it, he's obsessive and filthy rich) it will almost certainly end up being the best game ever.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:50 PM
awsome, truely awsome.

Xollence
Sun, 05-29-2005, 03:49 AM
Wow, I can't wait to play that. Definitely planning on buying it the day it comes out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Turkish-S
Sun, 05-29-2005, 06:40 AM
whow NICE!!! can't w8.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:19 PM
absolutely freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!, damn this is sooo amazing, its definatly gonna win some GOTY awards ( the terraforming and destruction was AWESOME )

Mite Gai
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!! This game may have just scored an automatic ticket for best game of 2006. Definitely a ground-breaking game. I am buyin this game as soon as it comes out!!

Board of Command
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:51 PM
O_O W...O...W

That's just insane. Revolutionary indeed.

TwisT
Mon, 05-30-2005, 07:51 AM
I hardly buy games nowadays, and almost never unless i've downloaded it first and tested it.. But this game looks like one of those games i probably will go and buy right away..

I just love games like the Sim-games and other games where you have to build from scratch and develop it to a masterpiece..

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:36 PM
This penny arcade strip best sums up my feelings about spore, will wright, or any other pretentious game designer who claims on creating massive player driven freeform gameplay experiences.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-05-27

I haven't seen it in action but I've read alot about spore and honestly I'll believe it when I see it. Anyone can come up with these fantastic ideas but most of the time they don't translate into very compelling gameplay. Case in point practically everything Peter Maleneux has produced in the past five years. Just take a look at black and white, fable, or the unreleased and the soon to be cancelled movies to see my point.

Mut
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey, this is a Spore appreciation thread. Don't come back here again. Thanks.

Y
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
This penny arcade strip best sums up my feelings about spore, will wright, or any other pretentious game designer who claims on creating massive player driven freeform gameplay experiences.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-05-27

I haven't seen it in action but I've read alot about spore and honestly I'll believe it when I see it. Anyone can come up with these fantastic ideas but most of the time they don't translate into very compelling gameplay. Case in point practically everything Peter Maleneux has produced in the past five years. Just take a look at black and white, fable, or the unreleased and the soon to be cancelled movies to see my point.

I know, Sim City fucking blew!

http://img2.echo.cx/img2/5337/rolleyesbarf35tc.gif

Will Wright is not Peter Molyneux. He made sure not to hype this game until content was available at all levels. If you'd actually WATCHED the link in the OP you WOULD have seen it in action.

SK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 11:26 AM
2006 game of the year. it will be a great game. being god is fun.

Aeon
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:29 PM
This may be the first cpu game I buy since C&C Red Alert. The whole creating your characters and having them move based on the design is great.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

It's not just the fact that you're god, black and white was a game about just being god but It wasn't that great of a game. This go beyond being god, you make the decisions of your people. Your like god, and the President. First you make a world and improve on it then you use your technology.

SK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah we all watched the same video.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 06-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Finished watching the video and I'll honestly believe it when I see it all come together.. All of the spore gameplay sounds great on paper but I'm still skeptical to see if it will all come together into a fun seamless package. It's easy to just say that spore will be great because will wright is at the helm but even he has had a few failures on his resume. Need I remind anyone of the Sim's Online. Still the man deserves some major credit for mustering up the balls to even try something so ambitious, should be interesting to see how it turns out or see if it even gets released within our lifetime. I can only imagine how much playtesting and refinement a title like spore will require.

Jessper
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Finished watching the video and I'll honestly believe it when I see it all come together.. All of the spore gameplay sounds great on paper but I'm still skeptical to see if it will all come together into a fun seamless package. It's easy to just say that spore will be great because will wright is at the helm but even he has had a few failures on his resume. Need I remind anyone of the Sim's Online. Still the man deserves some major credit for mustering up the balls to even try something so ambitious, should be interesting to see how it turns out or see if it even gets released within our lifetime. I can only imagine how much playtesting and refinement a title like spore will require.

And when the game comes out you will only believe it when the game has been patched for the 36th time on a tuesday at nine o'clock PM?

Also, it is slated to release in 2006. A game that is shown off like this and stays in production will never take longer than a lifetime to release, thats stupid.

Assertn
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu

It's not just the fact that you're god, black and white was a game about just being god but It wasn't that great of a game. This go beyond being god, you make the decisions of your people. Your like god, and the President. First you make a world and improve on it then you use your technology.

I liked black and white.....
and I look forward to black and white 2

The idea of training a creature to aid you in your daily micro-management tasks is genius

EDIT: RESPONSE TO BELOW
you mean "You're cool"

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
yeah we all watched the same video.

Can't even discuss anything anymore without this douchebag trying to start flame-wars.

I don't know what the problem is between you two but this needs to stop. Now. You both were going at it in the Anime Fanart section and then here in the PS3 thread and this one. Instead of arguing in the thread and throwing it off-topic, just ignore each other. Don't ruin threads for other people, nobody wants to see two people flame each other for whatever reasons. So knock it off, both of you. If I see this again, your both getting warned or if need be, I'll personally ban the both of you myself.

GotWoot Moderator

Yes sir. (not sarcastic, damn you mut)

basey44
Wed, 06-01-2005, 10:43 PM
haha wow this game is gonna kick so much ass, im assuming its a pc game. im gonna have to upgrade for this i know it

Archangel
Thu, 12-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Just got the game today and i have to say it's alot of fun

Too bad i can't register online :p

Anyone else got this?

Xrlderek
Fri, 12-12-2008, 01:32 AM
I have it.. I didn't like it much really. It's like 5(not certain, haven't played it in a while) stages, each of which have been done much better in other games. I also disliked the part of the game where you go around to eat or befriend other races, I mean, there is only hotspots, nothing is walking free. Had my attention for a day or two but nothing more than that. I'd probably like it much more if I were more interested in creating stuff, because the game does that really well.