PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 261

[]v[]anchurian_Candidate
Fri, 05-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Chapter 261 raw is out, you can get ithere (http://xthost.info/naruto261/naruto261.zip)

A lot of Japanese talking of which I don't understand anything i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

(Ps, some of the pages are upsidedown...)

Greetings

(Edit: some of the pages were upsidedown, they are fixed now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

SOLDIER [X]
Fri, 05-27-2005, 04:44 AM
thank you very much

Psyke
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:07 AM
Not a really exciting chapter, just lots of talking. Got to see Sasori's younger look, and that Gaara wouldn't be dead that easily. Next chapter's going to be action packed, and can't wait to see Neji and Lee in some real action!

weakest anbu
Fri, 05-27-2005, 07:39 AM
chiyo basically said "if the human sacrifice carrier loses his demon then he is going to die"

Masamune
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:10 AM
welcome to the forums

w00tness for 261

I think gaara could be dead though, he dropped on the ground no longer with those beams going in him, And another eye was open which was open before, if the theory is correct 9 eyes, 9 demons, that means they extracted succesfully , and gaara should be dead, according to what chiyo says

Franggio
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Woot WOOOOT!?!?!?!
I promise to please the person sexually who first showes me a translation, and pls make it in a hour or less, going to drink some booze I wanna read before I get dead drunk and forget to read it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:47 AM
um, ok.
anyway i didnt understand a damn thing, probably because i cant read japanese. gaara talking maybe within himself? hopefully he can unleash the demon on them.

EpoC
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:53 AM
damn if he lose his powers and f******g hell if dies!

[]v[]anchurian_Candidate
Fri, 05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by: Franggio
Woot WOOOOT!?!?!?!
I promise to please the person sexually who first showes me a translation, and pls make it in a hour or less, going to drink some booze I wanna read before I get dead drunk and forget to read it

Hmm, is a lousy ass translation good enough to recieve the pleasing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif?

translation by ffinfinity @ Narutoforums: (its a translation of a chinese translation, so details might not be very accurate, I'm just after the promised pleasing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

261: Jinchuuriki

Lively role!
cute role?
An Important person of the sand: Chiyo
For the sand village, now leaves!

(Bold) Itachi changes into another person? What is the main motive of Akatsuki?

Chiyo: this is bad.. itachi could be at akatsuki's hiding place
that person's motive is to delay us and collect information.
They have some very powerful jutsu

Sakura(inner thoughts): When I am unaware, both naruto and chiyo has treat him as a opponent

Chiyo: That's it.. they are trying to extract the 'ichibi'
I'm afraid they already have placed the ichibi into another container as a new Jinchuuriki.

Kakashi: There's no time.. If we don't save Garra

Chiyo: ahah

Sakura: Jinchuuriki?

Chiyo: Let me explain. The bijuu has a power much more than human's knowledge, furthermore they are being used in countries as military power, so the Jinchuuriki exists to control this power

Sakura: But.. (earlier) that kind of power could not be controlled by anyone

Chiyo: Therefore the conclusion is that in order for someone to control the power, the "bijuu" needs to be sealed in that person's body, to withhold/contain the bijuu's massive power and to control that ability.

(naruto facial expression changed and touches his stomach)

Chiyo: people with sealed demons.. are similar to Garra...and they are called Jinchuuriki.. The speciality of the Jinchuuriki is that they may obtain unbelieveable strength fron the demon.
In the histroy of sand village, including Garra they were 3 Jinchuuriki altogether.

Sakura: if the Jinchuuriki were used, there will be endless wars.
that means the people who becomes Jinchuuriki .. (looking at naruto) if only the bijuu is extracted, then what will happen to the person?

Chiyo: To pull out the power of the bijuu, an effective seal technique has to be used. This will need time
(Sakura begins to think back on the conversation between kakashi and chiyo)

Sakura: That means...

Chiyo: Ya.. the Jinchuuriki who has his bijuu removed will die
The 2 Jinchuuriki I mentioned just now before Garra died because of the removal of the bijuu from their bodies.

(sakura starts to cry)

Naruto: Sakura-chan, like before, still likes to cry.. Do not worry about me! I said before.. I will rescue Garra!

Sakura: But.. I.. Naruto.. your..

Naruto: Be quick ar!

Sakura: Naruto...

akatsuki head: detsu.. Go and deal with the 2 people whom the aIKS are used on

Detus: Understood. Itachi, tell me the specialities of those people

Itachi: leaf village's (note: full names.. lazy to type out) kakashi, sakura, the nine's tails' Jinchuuriki, naruto... and Chiyo from the sand village.

Sasori(shocked): Chiyo..

Detsu: This is the person who replaces kisame.. I will get rid of you now (eats)

(night: naruto and sakura sleeping, chiyo awake, and naruto's sleeping face reminds her of young sasori)

kakashi: The rest stops now. we need to leave soon.

akatsuki head: Should be finishing soon.

Garra: Whose hand? my hand...
For whom do I exists for? Who is that? That's me.. Why do I exist?
That eyes, that nose, that mouth? Why? I'm Garra?
The (thing )existing within me.. is who?
I have awakened/realised.. who is that?
simply/only that weak feeling
(garra collaspes)
Akatsuki head: completed
(Team Gai arrives)
Lee: Here??

Here ya go

RasenDori
Fri, 05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
so he is dead? and is is deidara that gets his jinchuuriki? looks like team gai is gonna encounter some tough shit

dragon608608
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, but not definitely though. Take a look at Garra and Naruto. It takes many year for Naruto to contain the power of Kuuybi. And Garra can't sleep at night plus sometime go crazy before and during fighting. Akatsuki may just get the demon; however, how well they use it, is still a question.

SK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
nah he cant be dead. thanks for copy/pasting the translation btw.

Assertn
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:40 AM
the link doesnt work...........

if the couple with the baby is supposed to be chiyo, then shouldnt the child be a parent of sasori, rather than sasori himself? keep in mind that sasori is chiyo's grandson, not son

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Ha this is kishimoto's fuck you to all of the people who bitched about him not killing of Chouji and Neji. See what your complaining gets you. Now he has to kill off a far cooler character. It really does sound like Garra's dead if that translation is dead on. I love Garra, I hope he isn't dead but Kishimoto is going to have a real tough time rewriting the rules he's just established in this chapter.

Lefty
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd say it adds a whole new level of danger for Naruto. If he gets captured he's good as dead. Also if NAruto does see the dead body of Gara no telling what level of rage he'll reach. It's a drive for Naruto to use "That technique" Jiraya told him not to use. In realuty no one character is save from being killed off, so be prepared for the worst.

SK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
please let it be sakura next.

Jurojin
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:43 AM
I second that.

elmojo
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:25 PM
hmm its true that garaa's character was used to its full potential in the naruto world but i never thought he would die, well sakura and the elder are on their way maybe they can rescue his carcass in time

weakest anbu
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
I'd say it adds a whole new level of danger for Naruto. If he gets captured he's good as dead. Also if NAruto does see the dead body of Gara no telling what level of rage he'll reach. It's a drive for Naruto to use "That technique" Jiraya told him not to use. In realuty no one character is save from being killed off, so be prepared for the worst.

let me remind you this show is call naruto. hes not going to die even if hes captured.

gaara is probally not going to die... chouji was going to die for sure then ...

Honoko
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:00 PM
yeah, it's the same ploy they're used w/ choji's situation. "don't eat the red pill or else you'll die!" and then look what happened.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:31 PM
well not that i held a grudge against chouji but he <u>should've</u> died... and Garra probably <u>should</u> die but he wont.....

NOTE: this is a prediction i really have no clue i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dezalanel
Fri, 05-27-2005, 02:07 PM
....man I just read the translation by Iwanin.....Gaara HAS to be dead. I see no way he could come back to life. He fell to the ground dead right at the end. Wow this sux...I liked Gaara *sniffle*.

Y
Fri, 05-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Ha this is kishimoto's fuck you to all of the people who bitched about him not killing of Chouji and Neji. See what your complaining gets you. Now he has to kill off a far cooler character. It really does sound like Garra's dead if that translation is dead on. I love Garra, I hope he isn't dead but Kishimoto is going to have a real tough time rewriting the rules he's just established in this chapter.

How is this a "fuck you"? I have no problem with this decision at all. Once Gaara became Kazekage there was nowhere to go but down.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 05-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I dont agree Gaara is much more than a characther thas has reaced his goal. I hope some other characther dies like TenTen when they save Gaara. TenTen cause she is not nearly as good charachther as Gaara.

Even if Gaara dies i will be a little glad cause someone has to die to make the manga better and less kiddy. I dont get how nobody has died after all thier injuries and battles.

Lefty
Fri, 05-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Well people have died in the series just not the main characters. Gara is dead if it's any other way then Kishimoto lacks the balls to take this series anywhere good.

Assertn
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Well people have died in the series just not the main characters. Gara is dead if it's any other way then Kishimoto lacks the balls to take this series anywhere good.

i like how people always say things like that as if the series hasnt yet been anywhere "good"

obake
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I'd say that Gaara is dead. The withdrawal of the shukaku was completed successfully, and, like was said earlier, once the carrier loses their demon, they die.

Good chapter.

weakest anbu
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:41 PM
i dont see how gaara's death has anything to do with the series's quality.

The only thing Kishimoto fucked up was his drawing style... now its looks exactly like the anime, before he had his own orginal style.

Mut
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:49 PM
I could seriously care less if Gaara died.

Lefty
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

i like how people always say things like that as if the series hasnt yet been anywhere "good"

I didn't mean to give the impression that the series hasn't been good, it been friggen awsome but it would seem some what of a copout to all of sudden let gara live IMOP.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:28 PM
garra's death has something to do with series quality mostly b/c there are quite a couple of people who are fans of garra....

it would be a good twist at last if garra died, or just somebody on the "good" side died... garra will probably be the 1

then again, as some1 mentioned there were already sitituations where a character SHOULD'VE died but didnt again.

chouji was supposed to die when he ate the red pill, he didnt.

so if garra was supposed to die when getting the shukku extracted from him, he COULD still survive, its a possibility.

Assertn
Fri, 05-27-2005, 07:57 PM
gaara's one of my top 3 favorite characters, but it would be extremely disappointing if sakura shows up and somehow heals him or something gay like that.....

actually, i thought sakura healing kankuro was lame enough as it was......

weakest anbu
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
garra's death has something to do with series quality mostly b/c there are quite a couple of people who are fans of garra....

No. It mostly has nothing to do with gaara's fans... ahahaha you dont understand the real issue here ;]

The real "problem" is if gaara survives this unavoidable death then some people might get a little upset. But this kind twist is nothing new (chouji, neji) so it will not effect the series at all. Those ppl who bitch about it wont stop reading naruto over some stupid shit like this.
On the other hand, if gaara dies then so be it... its a logical death and a reasonable one. He sacrificed his life to protect his village. Just look at Haku no big deal ;P hes still ranked #15 popularity after 200+ chapters since his death.

elmojo
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:30 PM
haku's death was fast, i think sakura is going to rescue garaa, there is a score between him and naruto that hasnt been settled properly

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:09 AM
SHANNARO's translation is out...

Stoopider
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Gaara would survive. Why? because they have one of the greatest medic ninja's with them. Sakura-Chaaaaan. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Plus it's a shitty way for Gaara to go. He might survive, though probably not as powerful anymore.

tensai
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:57 AM
i dont think that its a shitty way for gaara to go
he finally got the respect and love from his peers and the village, he also sacrificed himself to save the village from the explosion with his sand

i dont think that gaara will survive, it would be lame to see him healed when the obachan already mentioned that when a demon is taken out from its carrier, it would die

About the Chouji thing, i think he didnt die because it was shikamaru's first mission as a leader and if someone would die from his mission, he would end up quiting as a ninja, so chouji lives and shikamaru continues as a ninja for the sake of his friends not ending up dead, i dont think there is a need to mention how some character should or should not die anymore

Marks
Sat, 05-28-2005, 02:27 AM
Gaara's not dead. Naruto said he'd save him...

Zhan
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:01 AM
don't be naive, just because naruto said so doesn't mean it'll come true....."I WILL BRING SASUKE BACK!!" (....)

Roko
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Gaara's death would be a nice twist to the series. But on the other hand, theres fanservice... Although I am one that hopes he survives, it won't really affect if I continue watching/reading Naruto or not. It would really be gay if Gaara gets revived after he dies, since that is just uber un-ninjaish.

Psyke
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by: ZhanZhao
don't be naive, just because naruto said so doesn't mean it'll come true....."I WILL BRING SASUKE BACK!!" (....)

But but but...........

"Because that's my way of the ninja!"

Insomniac
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:12 AM
finally, a main good guy dies.

basey44
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:13 AM
i wanna see death, come on kishi u got the bad ass super ninjas out now its time to kill the main characters 5 at a time till theres none left

folf
Sat, 05-28-2005, 05:46 AM
hmmm, seems like gaara's sister hung up her hat for awhile, maybe we'll see more of her if Gaara dies (terrible thought, no?). I don't know if he is dead, atleast yet... I don't know if the anime said the person dies immediately. He could be dead. I wonder if Sakura cries again 'for Naruto'.

makkura
Sat, 05-28-2005, 09:46 AM
thats not sasori young, that naruto as a baby with his parents, she is linked with him somehow.

naruto is from the sand country.

Masamune
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by: makkura
thats not sasori young, that naruto as a baby with his parents, she is linked with him somehow.

naruto is from the sand country.

hahaha

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I seriously doubt Gaara is dead. Remember how we talked back during the "deaths" of Chouji and Neji.
Things doesn't make sense in Naruto as far as death is concerned. Also, if Gaara dies, it will be a damn lot more emotional than it was in this chapter.

Also, during Chiyo's flashback, the photo was obviously showing a grown-up Sasori together with his wife/child.
I am certain that we will find out about a tragedy soon which resulted in the death of Sasori's family and the deformation of his body. Or somesuch.

Assertn
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:58 AM
my interpretation of it was that it was chiyo with her son, who is sasori's dad.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:58 AM
yeah, i dont think garra's dead, like some1 said, death doesnt make any sense in the naruto world, and obviously naruto will eventually meet sasuke again to attempt to fufill his promise to sakura remember, thats his way of the ninja.

tensai
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:14 PM
narutos full of sh*t, giving false hope to the people around him, he should have just listened to jiraiya and give up on sasuke
but that would kill the series,, lol
if gaara is gonna live again, would he finally be able to live without shukaku, or is he gonna remerge with it?

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 03:17 PM
my interpretation of it was that it was chiyo with her son, who is sasori's dad.

The kid that is first seen looking kinda like Naruto is probably Sasori (it would be weird to put such an emphasis on Sasori's father, seeing as that character will probably end up not even existing in the end) and that kid is obviously the same kid as the one who is grown up a few pages later (looks-wise).

Well of course none of this can be rendered as true yet but knowing my manga I'd guess that's what it is.

Funny by the way how exactly everyone has a relative that reminds them of Naruto.

Shin_Naruto
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:15 PM
It's probably Sasori... but I wouldnt rule out Sasori's dad having some story. It's the only connection between Chiyo and Sasori.
Something messed up had to happen for Sasori to change from 'cute kid' to 'evil half-puppet/half-man'

Anyone else laugh when sasori gulp'd when he heard his grandma was on the way to whip his ass?

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah that was pretty funny.

As for the connection I don't think it's necessary... it's a recurring manga/anime theme, "skipping" one generation just for the sake of having old characters in there.
I still think Sasori's family was killed or something.
Hopefully it will prove interesting. I also hope Deidara will have his past revealed. So far he's a far cooler character than Sasori.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:41 PM
that skipping generations is true, do we know who konohamaru's parents are?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
whow, they pulled an evangelion on us! all that's left now is for the anime to be drawn in pencil without coloring...
still, Zetsu is cool, my favorite akatsuki.
as for garra, i don't want him to die, but seeing as it is proabably gonna happen, i've got the feeling that he's taken over the demon, and for a short while he'll wanking some havok on the bad guys, maybe enough to free naruto (once they get thier hands on him, which will most likely happen soon).

and for some theoretical questions:
they wasted 3 days on matching their powers to the weakest demon, won't naruto take them about 9 times the time?
did anyone actually think that someone can survive having a demon pulled out of them? "oh, we've done taking your demon, do you need a ride home, kazakage?".
won't it be cool to finally have proof that the 4th hokage was as much as a bastard as the previous kazakage and that he also tried to do whatever akatsuki are doing now?

Doc
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Anyone else think Sakura will save Gaaras life and finally be useful?

Knives122
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Yeah that was pretty funny.

As for the connection I don't think it's necessary... it's a recurring manga/anime theme, "skipping" one generation just for the sake of having old characters in there.
I still think Sasori's family was killed or something.
Hopefully it will prove interesting. I also hope Deidara will have his past revealed. So far he's a far cooler character than Sasori.

It could be that his family was killed by the "White Fang", which would explain as to why Chiyo had a grudge towards Kakashi earlier. But that will mean that Deidara might go insane when he sees Kakashi

RasenDori
Sat, 05-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

How is this a "fuck you"? I have no problem with this decision at all. Once Gaara became Kazekage there was nowhere to go but down.

y is right. kishimoto obviously still has plans for neji and chouji (proven by the fact that neji is on this mission), but gaaras already achieved his desire of being needed by his people. what more is ther for gaara? (although i still that that with neji around hinata will continue to be useless... just when female ninjas are finally starting to pull their weight in this story)

Originally posted by: weakest anbu
i dont see how gaara's death has anything to do with the series's quality.

The only thing Kishimoto fucked up was his drawing style... now its looks exactly like the anime, before he had his own orginal style.

what are you talking about? try looking at the first few volumes of naruto... kishimotos art work wasnt all that great. and through the years his style has gotten much better. and if you think that hes coping the anime you are out of you mind. the anime screws up emulating his style at every step out of the way.

as for the argument on rather the child shown was sasori or his father, i think it was his father. later theres a panel with him his wife and a baby, i think thats sasori. in any case about what happened to sasori and chiyos family... we already know that kakashis father killed sasoris father

weakest anbu
Sat, 05-28-2005, 09:24 PM
well i dont want this thread turns into some kishimoto drawing debate but I still gotta point out a few OBVIOUS things...

Before the anime, kishimoto used to draw all the characters alot thinner. The anime version however made all the characters wider and their faces more round shaped (especially their jaws). After the HUGE success of the anime, kishimoto decided to adapt to this "chubby" approach... slowly he starts to draw everyone bigger. The size changes applies to all characters is not just the kids growing. It wasnt that noticeable at first. but if you compare the end of the chuunin exam drawings to naruto rasengen lesson drawings you can clearly tell the difference.

he drew the same shit for 2 yrs then after the anime release for a few months he decided to adapt it. Coincidence of course... yes... I still like kishimoto but he did change his style to the anime version. About the "art work wasnt all that great" I hope you are joking ahhaha... you mean the subbers back then didnt clean up the raws as good as now or you just start watching the anime first then start readin the manga.

Noonan
Sat, 05-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Actually if the translation on the last page or 2 was correct, then the Bijuu is confused and is thinking of itself as Gaara.

Either that or Gaara and the demon have merged and what they have captured is a hybrid spirit or one that WANTS to be Gaara - that raises some interesting possibilities.

Sidnne
Sat, 05-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by: Noonan
Actually if the translation on the last page or 2 was correct, then the Bijuu is confused and is thinking of itself as Gaara.

Either that or Gaara and the demon have merged and what they have captured is a hybrid spirit or one that WANTS to be Gaara - that raises some interesting possibilities.

Maybe they extracted Gaara from Shukaku instead of vise versa and Shukaku is dead now, and they will end up putting Gaara inside of Deidara and then Gaara will take over his body and kill all of Akatsuki! And then Naruto will come along and not realize that Deidara is really Gaara and then kill him by mistake with an ultra super duper big Rasengan!

kidding of course.

sangai
Sat, 05-28-2005, 10:52 PM
hopefully the extraction fails...but like all seals they can be broken....so even if shukaku can be drawn out..maybe it, chooses to remain inside gaara's body..but in a free manner..to share and grow as gaara does..perhaps..i dunno....

i think it kinda lame that a demon can be torn from the host body so easly...if anything the bijuu should become free..and rain terror on teh villages once again..instead of bein resealed as soon as its removed...

RasenDori
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
well i dont want this thread turns into some kishimoto drawing debate but I still gotta point out a few OBVIOUS things...

Before the anime, kishimoto used to draw all the characters alot thinner. The anime version however made all the characters wider and their faces more round shaped (especially their jaws). After the HUGE success of the anime, kishimoto decided to adapt to this "chubby" approach... slowly he starts to draw everyone bigger. The size changes applies to all characters is not just the kids growing. It wasnt that noticeable at first. but if you compare the end of the chuunin exam drawings to naruto rasengen lesson drawings you can clearly tell the difference.

he drew the same shit for 2 yrs then after the anime release for a few months he decided to adapt it. Coincidence of course... yes... I still like kishimoto but he did change his style to the anime version. About the "art work wasnt all that great" I hope you are joking ahhaha... you mean the subbers back then didnt clean up the raws as good as now or you just start watching the anime first then start readin the manga.

i wouldnt be so quick to blame a lack of clean up. collect the american shonen jump novels. back then kishimotos art did suffer from a lack of good anatomy, and it wasnt just poses where anatomy may be difficult, but for really simple things like lop sided eyes. also his hatching was very unclean at times and could be an eye sore to me. and it doesnt really seem like the characters became that much chubbier. the only extreme difference is the size of the neck which in the past kishimot o drew very skinny, which could make the rest of the body seem slim. ... but yeah... i guess i should try to stay on topic ... this isnt the place for such a discussion...

i cant say that im too hyped about this whole rescue gaara mission now. kishimotos games of leading us on to think that a character is dead only to have them survive kind of destroys the since of danger in this situation. not only that ... i feel kinda cheated that last weeks chapter made since chapter 256 completely meaningless. the last five chapters were spent fighting lacikes that have no real weight in the story. in the end nothing happened, no one learned a lesson, no one got hurt. we just got to see naruto and gai show off, and the only thing that really happened was that the akatsuki bought some time. big freaking whoop. there could have other ways to stall time other then putting the story to a complete halt. im hoping now that someones actually made it to the cave that something real will happen now.

kAi
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Well, next chapter should start it all really, with Gai's team at the entrance, and Kakashi's team should be there next chapter also, coz if they're going to have a chance inside this cave, they're all gunna need to be there.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:32 AM
How did team Gai get there before Naruto's team? Weren't they supposed to go to the sand to figure out what was going on and then trail Gaara? How exactly are they finding akatsuki's hideout? And why is Kakashi's dog with them?

Zhan
Sun, 05-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Kakashi's dog has already explained to team Gai what had happened, and now he is leading them to the akatsuki, thats how they know where they're going.

RasenDori
Sun, 05-29-2005, 08:31 AM
gais team was also closer to the hideout since the cave is between the leaf and the sand

elmojo
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:34 PM
wow, one of the akatsuki EATS humans.. haha team gai/kakashi has no chance since their intentions are revealed.. its officially an s+ rank mission.. s+=suicide, i don't even think jiraiya could save them if they continue

Assertn
Sun, 05-29-2005, 02:47 PM
another interesting thing that i'd like to point out about zetsu (and something that i think was overlooked in the anime translation, at least for DB anyway), is that he seems to have a split personality thing going. Not only does he have a white/dark sort of physical appearance, but a few times he appears to have a conversation with himself.

Zhan
Sun, 05-29-2005, 11:04 PM
mm well thats nothing new..thinking back to that sound dude....

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:47 AM
gaara's one of my top 3 favorite characters, but it would be extremely disappointing if sakura shows up and somehow heals him or something gay like that.....

actually, i thought sakura healing kankuro was lame enough as it was......

Exactly i like Gaara but them saving him from the akatsuki would be pretty lame and very very predictable.

Strider
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by: Noonan

I was under the very same impression. That Shukaku, the demon within Gaara, had somewhat grown accustomed to having Gaara as the host, similar to the Phoenix Force / Entity within Jean Grey. And, now it was losing it's sense of self had grown attached over the past three years, realizing that it was not just something trapped inside of Gaara but an actual part of the Sand shinobi.

Just a thought. But, word .. that whole scene reminded me of a lot of scenarios with the Phoenix.

another interesting thing that i'd like to point out about zetsu (and something that i think was overlooked in the anime translation, at least for DB anyway), is that he seems to have a split personality thing going. Not only does he have a white/dark sort of physical appearance, but a few times he appears to have a conversation with himself.

I was going to point this out, but you beat me to it. He clearly has some issues. And, it's not just one extra personality. It seems there are three, maybe four total. As you pointed out, his face is shaded in two different colors; that alone may suggest at the two personalities. However, when he was preparing to eat the Sand nin, there appeared to be another voice - the venus fly trap crust around him, maybe? Something we'll have to look forward to. I think it adds more to him. I'm liking him more with the possibility of him being a serious schizo.

On a final note .. HE ATE THE GUY!? Damn.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:19 PM
It really looks like Garra's most likely going to die off. I really think that Gai's team is going to rush into the cave just to find that the huge demon thingy has been dispelled and the Atsuki have fled. Only thing that will remain will be Garra's dead corpse. Such a shame to, I was really hoping that later in the series we would get to see naruto and Garra both as kages whipping out their demons as they fought side by side. Well one things for sure the death of Garra will have one hell of an impact on naruto. If nothing else the whole naruto in a genjutsu showed us that he has a bitch load of emotional baggage that he's going to have to deal with aside from being hated by the village. I have mixed feelings about Garra's death, on one hand I like him alot and would love to see him remain a permenant figure in the series, on the other hand the series will get so much emotional depth if he's killed off.

I just hope we don't get some sort of sappy, "we need to defeat the atsuki to save his soul" crap that you would see in Yu Gi Oh.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
ooo the soul thingy is more of bleach, but bleach isnt crappy.

Garra will LIVE! just my 10 cents prediction.

Roko
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:20 PM
agree with chaos. I believe it's called fanservice.

Sidnne
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:06 PM
It really looks like Garra's most likely going to die off. I really think that Gai's team is going to rush into the cave just to find that the huge demon thingy has been dispelled and the Atsuki have fled. Only thing that will remain will be Garra's dead corpse.

If Akatsuki fled from the cave, I think it would be a cop-out way of saving Team Gai from being annihilated. But I don't see why they would flee when they have a jinchuuriki on the way to them. And they could probably defeat both teams easily, especially if Team Gai rushes in alone.

I think this is a very interesting point in the series. There are a lot of different theories, but nobody really seems to know what is going to happen next and nobody quite agrees on any one theory. There also seems to be a lot of directions that the story can take from here, and each week we are left with more questions instead of more answers.

Honoko
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:23 PM
i still think gaara's going to survive. BUT if he does die, then i think this'll have as much an impact on the storyline as haku's death way back when. and the reason why i say that is b/c when the haku arc ended, that was when naruto really formed that whole "that's my ninja way!" philosophy and that line has pretty much carried through for the rest of the series, no matter what happened. so if gaara dies, i dunno if he'd form another philosophy (the one now is just fine) but i would like to see a subtle change in his character-- perhaps a tad more somber than the loudmouth idiot he's always portrayed as.

actually, now that i've typed this out, i'm kinda hoping gaara does die and it does go in the direction i just predicted haha. it'd be nice to see naruto as a somewhat mature character, aside from just being a more efficient ninja.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:26 PM
nah no philosphy just go kyubi every time he sees atakuski because he'll be all like "YOU ONLY SEE US AS MONSTERS" blah blah ....yeah...

basey44
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:37 PM
rememeber there are only 2 akatsuki members in the cave, so if team kakashi and team gai are both there they might have a chance at not losing i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
rememeber there are only 2 akatsuki members in the cave, so if team kakashi and team gai are both there they might have a chance at not losing

yep, i was just going to say that.......
however it sounds to me like they really do intend on sealing shukaku inside deidara.....this would be a perfect time for him to start busting out some crazy remote-detonation homing sand attacks on gai's team

elmojo
Wed, 06-01-2005, 08:30 AM
there are 2 akatsuki members in the cave, but do the math
they are prepared and ready , team gai and kakashi fought weaker forms of kisame and itachi

i just think its suicide going inside, we didnt even see what zetsu is capable of either , that venis fly trap he has on his torso isnt for decoration

Strider
Wed, 06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
There are only two Akatsuki members in the cave, and with Zetsu's earth-meshing-teleportation skill, I'd imagine he could get there nigh-instantaneously.

However, if it comes to Sasori and Deidara fighting .. I truly think Deidara will be taken out. Going with the whole theory of the Akatsuki members wanting the Bijuu for themselves, and Deidara now receiving Shukaku .. I'm still riding my thoughts of the whole "Phoenix Force" bit. They'll try to infuse the demon within Deidara, who'll be rejected by the demon and ultimately ruined from the experience if not killed .. only for that demon to return to Gaara, returning life to him.

Team Gai can take on Sasori (I'm underestimating him, I know ..) .. and, hold their own long enough for Team 7 to arrive, where Chiyo will be able to put Sasori over her knee, while whoever's not incapacitated to fight the arriving Zetsu .. and maybe another pair of Akatsuki members that were nearby. Possibly Itachi &amp; Kisame, considering Itachi's goal is Naruto's Bijuu .. and Kisame just doesn't like Gai. But, I'd prefer to see another pair, given the story pans out as I've speculated above.

Guess we'll have to anxiously await this next chapter. With Team Gai on the scene, there's no way it can't be great ..

Sidnne
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm beginning to think that Gaara really is dead. But Chiyo will use some kind of forbidden jutsu to sacrifice her life and revive Gaara with or without the Shukaku intact. That seems to be the only real purpose old people have in anime anyway. Perhaps he will not only recieve her life, but her strength and abilities as well so that he can remain one of the strongest shinobi and still be Kazekage.

The way he went just wasn't dramatic or invigorating enough for him to be dead and remain dead. It's not a very convincing or fitting death imo.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:33 PM
will garra have his techniques with out the shukku in him?

Lefty
Wed, 06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
not a chance.

Sidnne
Wed, 06-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
will garra have his techniques with out the shukku in him?

That is something that has been debated for some time now.
I believe that the Shukaku is not what allows Gaara to control the sand, that would be like saying that all of the Hidden Mist shinobi have demons that let them control water.
I think that having the Shukaku gives him the sand that automatically protects him, since he doesn't control that himself, allows for the transformation, and gives him a greater chakra pool.
If the Shukaku was responsible for his jutsus then he would have had all of his jutsus all along and would have not developed the new jutsus that we saw against Kimimaro and Deidara. His jutsus are a result of his training, not from having Shukaku.

Of course, some will agree and others will disagree. Its all speculation and we won't know for sure until we find out what happens in the manga.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I really don't think that the Atsuki is going to seal the demons into themselves it really seems like thier using the demons to unseal/unlock whatever that super demon thingy is supposed to be. The only reason why they refer to getting their own human sacrifice is probably because they've all been assigned different demons to track down, not for themselves but to bring back so they can be added to the super demon thingy. We still don't really know what the hell their ultimate goal is so all we can do is speculate at what there exactly doing with the demons.

jing
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Gaara is not dead. When Gaara dies, it's going to be beautiful.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:36 PM
there ya go, not in some dark cave where nobody can see him.

Lefty
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Sorry to say, unless kishimoto is a compleat whoo's, He's dead. This is great moment for Naruto how vunrable he really is. Thats why Gara has to be dead, plus it be some major ass plot hole.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
or SOMEHOW naruto saves him with kyubi magic. remember, kyubi wounds heal quickly, how do you know they cant do so for some1 else? if they could, naruto would be an even better ninja. He has ninjutsu, some taijutsu, and he'd have medical jutsu skill.

tensai
Wed, 06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
i really do think gaara is dead,
like i said in an earlier post, gaara did go out in a bang when he saved his village with the last of his strength from the explosion

kishimoto shouldnt be the one to take back his own words, like when chiyo said that if the demon is removed the host will be dead, like naruto says "thats my ninja way" kishimoto should follow this

btw, i was wondering, where in the manga does it mention that shukaku would be sealed into deidara, ive probably missed that part.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:00 PM
again, he already did "if you eat the red pill.....you'll die" (20 ep later, chouji stands)

basey44
Wed, 06-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
btw, i was wondering, where in the manga does it mention that shukaku would be sealed into deidara, ive probably missed that part.

im not sure that it actually does, however people are assuming as there are 9 demons and 9 akatsuki, and each akasuki are assign different demons that they will get to keep those demons and seal them inside themselves

Sidnne
Wed, 06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Chouji and Neji were under circumstances as dire as Gaara's, if not more so. Despite everyone believing/hoping they were dead, they are still alive. And they were saved by "magical" medical techniques. There is no reason to believe that Gaara would be killed off and not be able to recieve some type of "magical" revival. We have been here before. I'm not going to believe that a major character is dead anymore until we see some actual confirmation of it.

Originally posted by: tensai

It didn't, not in words at least. Its speculation, but not without good cause. I think there was enough to imply that they are gathering the youma to use as their own. And Chiyo pretty much confirmed that sentiment in this latest chapter on page 2. And since Gaara was Deidara's target, it only seems logical that he would receive Gaara's Bijuu.

Y
Wed, 06-01-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that neither Neji nor Chouji had chapters entitled "The Death Of [Name]", unlike Gaara here.

I bet he still lives. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Zhan
Wed, 06-01-2005, 11:53 PM
if they were really sealing demons into themselves then wouldn't you think they would all want the kyuubi because its the most powerful? they would be arguing amongst themselves as to who gets which demon and might end up killing each other! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kAi
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:18 AM
They probably go with the demon that suits there abilities more, Kyubi is most probably a fire demon or something and Itachi being a master of fire jutsu's (Uchiha), and being from the Fire Country, it probably best suits his abilities, and Deidara having clay like abilities, Shukaku would be best for him.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:24 AM
As much as I love Garra he really needs to die. There is no way he can be brought back especially after kishimoto took the time to actually provide exposition on the origins of the human sacrafice people and what happens to them when they lose their demons.

Shin_Naruto
Thu, 06-02-2005, 01:09 AM
yeah... gaara needs to die because 3 pages were dedicated to setting up a twist later...

..... jeez... bloodthirsty

drcitan
Tue, 06-07-2005, 01:29 AM
I forgot about there only being two real people inside the cave. Deidara is gonna need some backup because of that smashed hand and plus he used up most of his charka against Gaara. He has already used his favorite #18 bomb and is out of clay for his attacks.

But then again I learned from Naruto that anything can happen. A lot of people seem to be already labeling Deidara's stregnth since he fought against Gaara. Deidara probably showed 50% to around 70% of his strength seeing how he was already underestimating Gaara by not equiping himself with more clay and paper and oragami.(I also think Gaara wasn't 100% because he had to protect the villagers but thats a whole different subject)

I would'nt be surprised if he fled right after his backup arrived, which would leave room for him to make another appearance in the future. It would also give another Akastuki member(Zetsu maybe) a chance to show their skills.

Sasori will have his hands full with Chiyo and possibly Sakura joining her side. Chiyo is strong but but I'm assuming because of her old age she might lack the stamina(charka) needed to battle Sasori one on one. Sakura would be the perfect teamate since she has already dealt with Sasori's posion and can create distance by using her amazing strength.

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Does Shannaro really think that the akatsuki leader is the fourth, or is it just a recurring theme in their comics?

drcitan
Tue, 06-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I think its just a recurring theme. Lets hope they know better than to think that.