PDA

View Full Version : ANBU-AOne Naruto Shown on Filipino Channel!

Bento_Boy
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Friends of mine have told me that a local Filipino Channel, ABS-CBN, are now showing the old fan-subbed episodes of Naruto (done by ANBU-AOne). I've yet to see an actual episode on their channel, but I've no reason to doubt my friends, and I've also seen folks saying the same things on local Philippine forums. As far as I can remember, they've begun on the episodes where Naruto begins his one-on-one training with Jiraiya, right after the preliminary Chuunin elimination fights.

Yeah, a supposedly "professional" TV station is leeching of ANBU and AOne's work on Naruto, broadcasting the Fansubs on Philippine airwaves, and quite possibly reaping huge profits. Anime's quite popular in the Philippines, and Naruto is no exception. It's just plain SAD that a supposedly respectable TV Station, one of the largest here in the country, is doing this. Before, they were showing Naruto DUBBED, meaning they were using Filipino voices, but now, fansubs from ANBU and AOne.

I'm currently looking for a way to contact them, but so far, no luck. There only seems to be ONE e-mail address on their website, feedback_web@abs.pinoycentral.com , and it looks like that doesn't actually lead all the way to the inside, more like just a way to comment on their website. Still, that's a start, and maybe we can start e-mailing them about the unethical move they've made. This is their website, by the way. WWW.ABS-CBN.COM

I just hope this stops. The Philippines is in enough crap as it is. Please, help me find a way to tell them what we think and what they're doing is wrong.

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:05 PM
So wait... you're looking for a way to complain about them illegally using an illegal fansub?

Y
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
How unprofessional.

They should have used TW subs, dammit!

Masamune
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:28 PM
does it still show the " this is a free fansub " part =D, if anyone knows it

Assertn
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
i kinda feel like there should be more proof to back something like that up before you try to enlist hundreds-thousands of people to spam an email address

bluesakura
Thu, 05-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Hello there, I'm from the Philippines, and indeed I saw the broadcast.

Let's clear things up:

- The only broadcasted episode that featured the ANBU&AonE fansub was episode 55. The rest are from original video masters that come from ABS-CBN's official license of Naruto.

- Yup, ABS-CBN licensed Naruto straight from Japan, so this is never an illegal broadcast.

- Episode 55 broadcast is actually rather complicated. They used the fansub of ep. 55 for the video, the original masters for the background music, and their own voice-overs for their local Filipino dubbing. Apparently they did this probably because their original masters were probably garbled in terms of the video.

- But there's no escape here. What they did is utter CRAP. ABS-CBN, yes, is a supposedly "professional" TV station. It's one of the biggest here.

- Again, they have the right to use any Naruto video master, even the fansub, because they licensed Naruto. It's just that this ep. 55 broadcast made people see ANBU&AonE's credits in the OP, and the English subtitles as well.

- They're not doing anything wrong, but they're doing CRAP.

Jman
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:25 PM
did you sign up just to post that?
anyways that incident doesn't have any direct effects on my life, nor does it affect gotwoot therefore i can't offer any suggestions other than you should go complain somewhere else.
LOCK please

Rhanfahl
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah...I guess they got them by the balls anyways, I mean...legially they could feasibly use all the ANBU-AonE subs all the way up to current if they wanted to and A&A couldn't do shit about it since, fansubbing is technically illegial... I agree, its pretty shitty though. However, I cannot say that this was never to be expected, its pretty much human nature to be devious, scheming assholes...

thoregundi
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:49 PM
HEHEHE, I think ANBU-AonE should be happy for the extra publicity ?, just my two bits

Bento_Boy
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Went away for a while since I had exams. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway, if that's what you guys feel about this, then I guess there's nothing else I can do about it. I just felt like everyone should know about this. If you guys feel indifferent about this, then that's your choice.

It's kinda sad, though, that a big company like ABS-CBN is resorting to methods like this. It may be legal, sure, but it's just WRONG.

Okay, if the mods wish it, then I guess they can lock it now.

Deblas
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Can they sue?

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Can who sue? Can Anbu sue the Filipino channel? No. That'd be like saying "I stole from person A, then person B stole the item from me, so I want to sue them!"

Deblas
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:01 AM
It could happen. I remember seeing once, a guy was sueing a friend because she broke his table trying to roll a joint. Told the jugde everything too. Met her through his dealer, was the one who invited her to smoke. What an Idiot.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Well, I dont' know about international court, but if a criminal can sue a home owner for beating the shit out of them for breaking into their home....and win.....well, anything is possible in American courts, its just a matter of money, and how late the judge is going to be for his golf game, or date with his hooker.

Mgslee
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
Well, I dont' know about international court, but if a criminal can sue a home owner for beating the shit out of them for breaking into their home....and win.....well, anything is possible in American courts, its just a matter of money, and how late the judge is going to be for his golf game, or date with his hooker.

^^ Mis informed...
Thats an American Urban legend, never happened but almost believable considering the American justice system.

Now the real question is... Are they still using AA material for 55+?
Also how is it wrong? Its not like the company is getting free subs since technically they should not care for the english subs at all. It appears they needed a High Quality Video for there ep and decided to go with the AA sub.

bluesakura
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Ep. 55 only, it's an isolated case. They did not use fansubs anymore for subsequent episodes.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
if theres an answer why hasnt this thread been locked yet?

and i really dont care......it doesnt affect more than 90% of us on gotwoot.....

mage
Fri, 05-27-2005, 02:47 PM
i wouldnt mind seenig AonE subs on TV.