PDA

View Full Version : Naruto anime fillers

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Most of the fillers that I've ever seen have been crap. What I'd like to see from the Naruto fillers are historical aspects from the past. I mean, if you're gonna fill up something, at least fill it up with something useful. For example, I'd like to see Naruto's parents and how they bravely gave away their baby to save the village. I'd like to see the White Fang in action. That would give us an insight as to why Kakashi is a genius. I'd like to see how Konoha was founded. Stuff like that.

What would you guys like to see?

Or would you rather it be filled with crap e.g. Kenshin?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:52 PM
You realize that they can't do anything 'real' in filler episodes, since it might mess up whatever plans the author has,right?
so anything about the past is a no-no.
do you know what that leaves us with?
the chance for a good, noraml, ninja mission. screw demons, cursed seals and bloodlines, just give me three episodes of infiltraiting somewhere and copying a document from the safe without anyone getting half-dead or deciding to tell us his fuckin' life story and i'll be satisfied...

seriously, i can an episode in less than 20 minutes, and it'll still be better than about 70% of the anime..
other than that, they can always go prince of tennis on us, wouldn't you love seeing chibi versions of everyone going around and doing something with abasloutly no connection to the plot?

but ofcourse, we all know that nothing good will happen, we're gonna see som angsting kid with lousy flashbacks, and then some of the same lousy flashbakcs of naruto we've seen more than enough time already, and then naruto will fight off some idiotic asshole that fits as a power rangers villian more than a ninja story villian, and blast him with his rasengan into a tree/river. and then naruto will step on some shit, as if slapstick humor hasn't evolved at all during the 70 something years of existence.

Rhanfahl
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
You realize that they can't do anything 'real' in filler episodes, since it might mess up whatever plans the author has,right?
so anything about the past is a no-no.
do you know what that leaves us with?
the chance for a good, noraml, ninja mission. screw demons, cursed seals and bloodlines, just give me three episodes of infiltraiting somewhere and copying a document from the safe without anyone getting half-dead or deciding to tell us his fuckin' life story and i'll be satisfied...

seriously, i can an episode in less than 20 minutes, and it'll still be better than about 70% of the anime..
other than that, they can always go prince of tennis on us, wouldn't you love seeing chibi versions of everyone going around and doing something with abasloutly no connection to the plot?

but ofcourse, we all know that nothing good will happen, we're gonna see som angsting kid with lousy flashbacks, and then some of the same lousy flashbakcs of naruto we've seen more than enough time already, and then naruto will fight off some idiotic asshole that fits as a power rangers villian more than a ninja story villian, and blast him with his rasengan into a tree/river. and then naruto will step on some shit, as if slapstick humor hasn't evolved at all during the 70 something years of existence.

Amen.

Swee
Sun, 05-29-2005, 08:32 AM
i agree with mitsurugi. i do wanna know who were Naruto's parents who sacrificed their son to save the village.. i don't mind having a filler that shows the Sannins' past at Naruto's age.. what i mean is when Jiraiya, Tsunadae and Orochimaru are at Naruto's age being trained by Sarutobi, Third Hokage or somthing like that.. Or maybe show why and how the Akatsuki are formed. i guess that will be cool.. =D

jing
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
Most of the fillers that I've ever seen have been crap. What I'd like to see from the Naruto fillers are historical aspects from the past. I mean, if you're gonna fill up something, at least fill it up with something useful. For example, I'd like to see Naruto's parents and how they bravely gave away their baby to save the village. I'd like to see the White Fang in action. That would give us an insight as to why Kakashi is a genius. I'd like to see how Konoha was founded. Stuff like that.

What would you guys like to see?

Or would you rather it be filled with crap e.g. Kenshin?

Then it wouldn't be a filler.

Sam98034
Sun, 05-29-2005, 04:11 PM
I think it would be funny to see Konohamaru and the brat pack do an E class mission, like saving a cat from a tree. However...it's going to have the exact same drama as 'serious' episode. Filled with flashbacks and crap like that, and Konohamaru using his "new move" (probably something with a slingshot) to defeat the 'bad guys.'

daisukekamiya
Sun, 05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
....naruto had parents? x.x did i miss this in some part.....

TwisT
Sun, 05-29-2005, 07:33 PM
I would like to see some side missions from Team Gai

Psyke
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by: daisukekamiya

No, he just came floating by the river in a giant peach and got adopted by the 4th when he tried to split the peach for dessert. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Strider
Mon, 05-30-2005, 12:30 PM
No fillers.

Catch up with the anime so we can see some more animated Itachi greatness.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 05-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I bet the anime, without filler, could catch up to the manga in as little as 6 episodes, not counting the Kakashi gaiden in the manga. So, filler had to come at one point or another.

mage
Mon, 05-30-2005, 05:03 PM
i would much rather they simply not show naruto for a month.

Zoels
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:26 AM
i would much rather they simply not show naruto for a month.
yea man, same here. i would be a million times better than putting crap. since they are going to make fillers though, i just hope theyre funny. they shouldnt try to do serious arcs like that crap one before the roof fight.

daisukekamiya
Tue, 05-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: daisukekamiya

No, he just came floating by the river in a giant peach and got adopted by the 4th when he tried to split the peach for dessert.

x.x;;;; what i mean is he had fox demon parents yeah.....and the forth turned him into a baby after sacrificing himself.....thats all i know of x.x; so they took a live baby and shoved the demon into it....EVIL PEOPLE!

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 05:06 PM
i was wondering if the anime was going to go in about kakashi's past and how they were going to do it, after all in the manga it just happened.....

Rhanfahl
Wed, 06-15-2005, 09:54 PM
If you're gonna have filler, it may as well be mock filler. I wouldn't mind seeing a special hosted by kishimoto in anime form torturing the writers that are destroying his story (with crazyass made up techniques like summoning and angry manga equipment to kill them). Its gotta be better than the shit they are putting out now.

basey44
Wed, 06-15-2005, 11:29 PM
my ideal filler ep would involve getting idate, sasame and every other character weve met in a filler ep and put them all into a giant blender and turn it on, i think that would be good. or if not a blender how bout a juicer, mmm filler character juice

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Best filler would be with one of the other teams going on a mission.

Or better yet, watching Sasuke train with Orochimaru...

And I wonder that "Filler" can't be anything important... How about if it just "fills in" the bits that the manga isn't going to cover anyway?

Rhanfahl
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Ultimately filler could be good, and done right....if and this is a big if. The writers hired to do them were truly professional and not Fan-fic hacks with no sense of plotline of continuity. The best way to write a bridge for a three year gap is to look at before and after the gap and logically assume what would happen inbetween....Clearly the writers in power do not have that ability...or they just don't fucking care cause they are making money no matter what shit they crap out onto the animation cells. Its all about will and intelligence. There is simply no will to do something worth while.

naruto-kira
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:11 AM
i would wants to c naruto learn more jutsu rather than kage bunshin and resengan all the time, i want him to be strong like the 4th hokage and with nine tails backing him up

Jaredster
Tue, 07-12-2005, 03:04 PM
This current one seems pretty good so far.... for a filler.

Rhanfahl
Thu, 07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
This current one seems pretty good so far.... for a filler.

...you are kidding....right?

Naruto_RNG
Tue, 07-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
i would wants to c naruto learn more jutsu rather than kage bunshin and resengan all the time, i want him to be strong like the 4th hokage and with nine tails backing him up

got to agree with u. i'm tired of seeing these two jutsu's all the time. it's eps 143 and all the jutsu's he know are one the sexy nojutsu, kagebunshino jutsu, and resengan.

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:56 PM
it might be cool to see naruto's training, when jiraya takes him for 2 years, but only if its done correctly, otherwise it would be pretty damn boring.

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I hate to make the connection, but a very similar thing happened in Dragnball. There was a 3 year gap consisting of Goku's training (this also provided teh jump from "kid-goku" to "adult-goku"). In the manga, it was just a one chapter jump, but in the anime, they added filler consisting of Goku's training with Kami (presumably for the same reasons that we are watching filler right now). It wasn't half-bad...for DB, that is. Maybe the animation writers will do the same thing with Naruto.

If there is another filler arc I hope to God it'll be Naruto's training. That would be at least decent and maybe interesting. They could even flesh out the "Genjutsu Training" in Naruto's flashback.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:41 PM
are you kidding me? Goku's trainning with Kami was the longest arc in Dragonball, they spent five episodes on showing how he fails to learn "to move like the lightning".. it almost stopped me from watching the anime, it was much better in the manga...

anyway, they should use the filler episodes for Cowboy bebop/A-team like episodes, present a problem, device a plan to solve it, mess up the plan and then win using a last minute imporvisment of whatever...
as long as they don't pretend that everything is a life or death situation, and that every charecter should have a sad, tragic past and an annoying resemblance to Naruto, they can pull it into a good enjoyable 20 mintues...

of course, they don't seem capable of doing so.

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Well I didn't read the manga 'till afterwards. Didn't know it was filler. And that made it bearable I suppose.

I guess the bebop plan might be ok, but I'd still prefer to see Naruto's training.

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
I hate to make the connection, but a very similar thing happened in Dragnball. There was a 3 year gap consisting of Goku's training (this also provided teh jump from "kid-goku" to "adult-goku"). In the manga, it was just a one chapter jump, but in the anime, they added filler consisting of Goku's training with Kami (presumably for the same reasons that we are watching filler right now). It wasn't half-bad...for DB, that is. Maybe the animation writers will do the same thing with Naruto.

If there is another filler arc I hope to God it'll be Naruto's training. That would be at least decent and maybe interesting. They could even flesh out the "Genjutsu Training" in Naruto's flashback.

uh-oh i can hear the reasoning behind this one
Animator: Hey they did this in DB/DBZ too! so, can we add a long filler about how naruto fails to...dig a hole that leads to hell with his rasnegan?
Kishimoto: uhh what?
Animator: IT WAS IN DRAGONBALL I SWEAR! *quick talk*
Kishimoto: sounds good then *stamps paper* NEXT!!

hey...it might happen.

Enderz
Wed, 07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
I dont really mind that they show fillers just as long they contain fighting scenes and interesting flashbacks

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:05 PM
How about alllllll the academy students gather round the base of mount Hokage-moore as tsunade tells stories from the old days of Konoha (Back when the nin were trianed for fighting wars not little missions). All it would need is a nice Waynes world flashback and bam.. filler.in between each the kids could be like.. "Oooh ,Tsunade-sama, onegai,.. tell us another stowwwyy" and then it would somehow ease into the kakashi gaiden.

RasenDori
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:51 PM
what is think they should do is focus on existing countries and other characters. for instance have some ass hole from the cloud try to fuck with the hyuuga clan again, and have it escalate to an all out war between the leaf and the cloud. and somewhere along the lines there is some mastermind to the conflict that actually has ties to the aktsuki and it was all a diversion to get their hands on the clouds jinchuuriki that is a total pimp that all the ladies love.

Mite Gai
Thu, 07-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by: TwisT
I would like to see some side missions from Team Gai

Yea, watchin Gai kick ass would be awesome.