PDA

View Full Version : Episode 136 Discussion!!!!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Lookit! Imma starting the discussion thread even though I won't finish downloading for 2 hours just like everyone else! Woohoo! I've never felt so alive!

ShinobiNiNaritai
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Darn it, so close. Thought I could create the discussion thread again. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the download to finish, watch it, then come back and comment :-D

Madell
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:20 AM
OMG, starting a discussion threa even though you hav't seen the ep...how did you want to discuss it then ?

KM
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Sakura's sleeves were gone. I thought that she was an imposter for the whole episode.

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:29 AM
That was honestly the lamest episode yet. It covered slightly more information than the last episode but the majority of it was even more useless than the last episode. I was severely dissapointed.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:47 AM
OMG, starting a discussion threa even though you hav't seen the ep...how did you want to discuss it then ?

Yeah, it is pretty stupid isn't it. But it happens every week.

Anyway, was this entire episode filler? Cause I thought that the first half of it, before they actually left the villiage was pretty well written for filler.

Then it got really stupid. And then the animation got nonexistant. What was that, 2 frames a second? I thought I was watching Voltron for a second.

Anyway, at least the missions SOUNDS interesting. Scouting out Orochimaru's turf. Could be some good fights, right?

Still, yet another Team 7(sorta) filler. Another missed opportunity to showcase one of the other teams. Though I suppose it makes sense since only Naruto is gonna heal fast enough to be able to go on a mission already.

Though, theres only two of them. We coulda had an awsome Shino/Hinata/Kurenai mission.

Masamune
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:50 AM
hmm some changes in the beginning , it now has chouji and neji as well standing with the other genin
also change in lee's moves in the intro

edit: absolutely one of the most horribly animated episodes

Kirakun
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:57 AM
What a waste of time.....

kimbap629
Thu, 05-26-2005, 06:47 AM
i guess this episode and the next few episodes will be a filler regarding this new rice country. this filler seems like it'll be lame. and what happened to naruto's foreheard protector? did he just leave it at konoha before they left the village? also, i hope this filler is showing jiraiya to show naruto getting trained by him. or maybe it'll be something else.

Zippy
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:48 AM
this had to be the worst ep yet... well it's a close finish with the ep when they try to unmask kakashi.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:48 AM
God.

Half of this episode was Sakura being angsty. Also, she's so fucking stupid, who goes after Sasuke just like that? Like she could do anything on her own. rofl.

Yet another missed opportunity to do an interesting filler. Generic stuff all over, and now we have a random ninja female attacking the team (which will no doubt be revealed to have a veeeeery sad past in the coming episodes).

Yawn...

nests
Thu, 05-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Pretty sorry episode I just realized that by doing this filler there going to have skip some of the stuff from the manga wich was cool.
The mission sounded good at the beginning I though that maybe will get to see some other cool sound ninja but when the girl ninja showed up hope was lost.
The animation was pretty bad but it looks like in the next episode it will improve for the fight

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Yah the animation was a bit poor in certain areas. Pretty dumb to see a sannin running away from a group of thugs, and not the least bit funny.

Can anyone tell what the masked ninja was running towards to in the jungle near the end?

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Yah the animation was a bit poor in certain areas. Pretty dumb to see a sannin running away from a group of thugs, and not the least bit funny.

Can anyone tell what the masked ninja was running towards to in the jungle near the end?

i thought it was oro's temple/house/mansion/underground hole.

don't be so negative about this episode. it's just the beginning it may change in time............ i don't think so but there is hope.

SK
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNiNaritai
Darn it, so close. Thought I could create the discussion thread again. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the download to finish, watch it, then come back and comment :-D

yeah! youre so cool when youre first to make the episode discussion thread!!!!11!

Foomanchew24
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:18 PM
It was ok at best, except when Jiraiya shook the hell out of Naruto for extra whore money, which was kind of funny. The rest was pretty lame, oh well. Cant wait till the next filler ep is available, then it will be that much closer to non-filler.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:24 PM
This isn't the worst naruto filler we've seen yet (It would take quite a bit to outdo classics like episodes 101 or 98) but something tells me it's going to go downhill from here. Who knows maybe they'll find their way into Oro's mansion. Although they can't do anything that would change what's already been established in the series so even if they find it they won't do much.

Rhanfahl
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
God.

Half of this episode was Sakura being angsty. Also, she's so fucking stupid, who goes after Sasuke just like that? Like she could do anything on her own. rofl.

Yet another missed opportunity to do an interesting filler. Generic stuff all over, and now we have a random ninja female attacking the team (which will no doubt be revealed to have a veeeeery sad past in the coming episodes).

Yawn...

Yeah, you're right Terra, but didn't you see the look on her face, she was using her womanly deceptions to guilt trip Naruto into going with her cause she knows she can't do shit on her own.. Damn women ::shakes the angry fist:: Anyways, Yee Haw! This filler is gonna be totally awesome, bodacious, hip, and other cool words! ::falls asleep halfway through the episode:: Seriously, can Jiraiya be serious for 20 fucking minutes!? I mean this is his rivals turf, and judging the way the country looked, I'm glad its "rice country" cause it looks like Nam. Those damn Vietcong could be hiding in them rice patties everywhere! Naruto meets Full Metal Jacket...mmm...what I wouldn't give to see that stupid Sakura shot up, or led into one of those famous Nam traps.....::sigh:: It could have been good to, but once I saw Jiraiya's hentai sense kick in I knew it was all over. Actually why didn't the lecherous bastard try for Sakura, cause as shown later by the episode, she's extremely naive about what "playing around with women is"? Oh well, buckle yourselves in, the high school fan boy intern writers have been given the reigns of Naruto once again, yippie.

Illianna
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I know this is gonna get me looked at funny but what does ero-sennin mean? I noticed that they started calling him that but then Jiraiya flipped out when Naruto called him that again...is it just perverted hermit?

SK
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:31 PM
perverted old man i think.

folf
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:09 PM
this episode was aweful, but to its credit, it might have been as bad as the first episode of Naruto-which was the start of a great anime. Also, I was interested in the area they went,..... I suppose its a funny episode. Dumb humor, but i guess this can be fun..

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I belive this episode actually server a very important purpose, suddenly Sakura has some fire in her. She wants to train, get strong, and advance. Where before she was unmotivated, hopefully shes gonna now stop sucking.

Death13a
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:06 PM
You noticed that Jiraiya said to 5th that it will kill him but he get them back safely. I wonder if it could be forshadow?

Honoko
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
i dunno how any of you can give optimistic points about this ep. i tried really hard to be lenient but couldn't. everything about this episode was totally contrived and forced. even if anyone could justify sakura's angst he/she would still come away puking.

of course, they had to round out that entire ep w/ a so-called "mysterious ninja" whose head reminds me of a mutated, moldy carrot or radish. bah!

Jaredster
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Why did Jiraiya run away from those people. Why didn't he just kill them or beat the shit out of them.

For christ-sakes he is a Sannin!! It's so stupid.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:10 PM
This episode sucked, just like this week's Bleach. I can't find anything positive to say about this one.

Aeon
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:28 PM
You people are too negative towards filler, I bet all of your minds were made up not to like it before you even watched it. It actually wasn't that bad of an episode and to the people asking why didn't Jiraiya attack the people, while he was running he said that the mission was a secret so they couldn't go around using ninja techniques.

Sakura's sleeves were gone. I thought that she was an imposter for the whole episode.

I knew something was different with her this ep, the whole ep I was thinking her arms look bigger like she's been working out.

Death13a
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Didn't he said it was suppose to be cover mission? Meaning no figting when can be avioded

Board of Command
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm fine with fillers. I just don't like the way they're starting this one out.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:44 PM
The positive of this is that we get more Orochimaru TV time, and that's never a bad thing. I hope they don't phase him out of the picture in favor of Akatsuki, like some of you think, as I think Orochi is an outstanding genius villain.

JuBeI_ YaGyu
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:54 PM
man what a lame epiosde......Sakura is such an annoying bitch... i hate her... just walking arround everywere all shitfaced and sad about Sasuke. What a fucking looser... i wish someone would rape her or she would just die...GGRRR!!!!
well, seems like the eps are going to be pretty boring these upcoming weeks, .. unless that masked ninja has some cool shit to show us

DDBen
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:09 PM
The animation in this episode is quite possibly not only the worst for a Naruto episode but the single worst I have seen in years.

folf
Thu, 05-26-2005, 09:48 PM
The animation was bad. The crew could have done better drunk. I almost feel bad, if they actually were drunk..
Filler does not translate to shit. This episode is bad. I expect the rest of the fillers to be better. We have been introduced to some of the main people, have a sketch of an idea about a situation, and how Jirara and crew will handle themselves. Not fighting should make Sakura more useful, and increase her confidence. We will see.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Why did Jiraiya run away from those people. Why didn't he just kill them or beat the shit out of them.

Actually, he explained this. They are supposed to be spies, so no busting out ninjitsus on the townsfolk or else the Sound will hear there's ninjas about.

And Ero-sennin is what they used to translate to Perverted Hermit back before they decided to keep that in its original japanese.

Rhanfahl
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: Death13a
You noticed that Jiraiya said to 5th that it will kill him but he get them back safely. I wonder if it could be forshadow?

Death, just a bit of advice, don't look too deeply into anything said or done in filler, cause everything has to fit into the actual manga, so if you read ahead and Jiraiya is automatically dead...yeah, then maybe, but all in all filler is just pointless shit they put in as a vain attempt to appease people cause the advancement of the anime is getting too close to that of the manga.

And I'm not saying all filler has to be bad either, but whoever allowed these writers to publish this shit is a moron... Also, kishimoto could have animated this better if he drew it frame by frame with a pencil in his ass to do it...Jiraiya looked really odd in a lot of frames...also, Naruto mysteriously lost his hachigane for this episode, and Sakura mysteriously lost her sleeves....odd. Just pray its not as bad as the whole Tea country race bull shit.... any shinobi that would color their hair that color, and wear a bi-colored, tight fitting unitard with and umbrella as a weapon deserves a fate far worse than death.

So death, pull up a chair and bite down on something hard while watching these, I fear they may get worse, hopefully not though.

Assertn
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
The positive of this is that we get more Orochimaru TV time, and that's never a bad thing. I hope they don't phase him out of the picture in favor of Akatsuki, like some of you think, as I think Orochi is an outstanding genius villain.

considering that sasuke is with orochimaru....its pretty safe to say they wont phase him out

Honoko
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
You people are too negative towards filler, I bet all of your minds were made up not to like it before you even watched it.

wait, most ppl here who bashed this ep gave reasons as to why it sucked. not because they knew the ep was filler and their minds just totally shut down before they watched it. we can't help it if fillers are analogous to crap like, say, 98% of the time. or am i putting too much faith in the members of the gw community?

anyways, to elaborate: this ep sucked because it tried too hard. all the jokes were poor rehashes of previous, successful(?) humorous moments. sakura in deep thought which leads her to trying to sneak out of the village at night (since when did she go around breaking the rules? totally out of character), naruto trying to join and then jiraiya conveniently showing up to say it's ok b/c he already got tsunade's permission??? every single aspect of this ep was just way over the top-- i would even dare to say even more over the top than what kishimoto might usually cook up (ie, all 3 sand ninjas showing up to save everyone's asses all at the same time )i/expressions/rolleye.gif

ShinobiNiNaritai
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, this episode was totally bland and easily forgettable. I guess because it just came out of some serious ass kicking episodes they decided to call it a holiday and made this. I was pretty annoyed at the lack of substance in this episode. But then again they might be trying to build up the momentum for the next arc slowly......reeeaalllyy slowly.
I actually dont mind the filler episodes because in each there was always something that was at least somewhat interesting and they provide a lot of the background information/explanations for the story. I can't really say that for this episode though. Although Naruto being able to break out of the rope made from Black hair was worthy to note. Especially since Shizune said that a shinobi could not break out of it.
Oh well I guess we can just look forward to the upcoming episodes, after all there is no where to go but up from here.

DDBen
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
You people are too negative towards filler, I bet all of your minds were made up not to like it before you even watched it. It actually wasn't that bad of an episode and to the people asking why didn't Jiraiya attack the people, while he was running he said that the mission was a secret so they couldn't go around using ninja techniques.

I knew something was different with her this ep, the whole ep I was thinking her arms look bigger like she's been working out.

To negative about filler.... Lets see this episode had HORRIBLE animation to the point every character looked wrong expecially Ero-Senin with his squished head and Sakura with her shiney face in every single image. Nobody was remotely in character. The plot was horrible. The premise of a covert mission when Sakura has her ninja headband on and we have the fact that Naruto's head protector which has always been a extremely important thing to him was nowhere to be found. I'm sorry but this was simply garbage in every way. I didn't mind the race in the tea country as it offered quite a bit if not for the fact it couldn't fit in the timeline at all. This episode did nothing and was the worst piece of animation ever to carry the Naruto name I would rather watch Kiba spin for a hour straight then this junk.

Illianna
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:12 AM
thank you DarthEnder and -Sharingan-Kakashi- for the translation...i was just curious about that.

As far as the episode went, it wasn't -that- bad...It just happened that it wasn't good either...the art seemed off, the humor was lacking and the only plus side was Jiraiya was in it

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:21 AM
The fillers really frustrate me. You can see the writers trying so hard to try and recreate the elements necessary for a good naruto episode but they just can't get it right. The filler plot line is like watching naruto after it's heart and soul has been ripped from it's body. Hey this sounds like naruto. It looks like naruto, but something is missing, that special something that has kept me watching for 130+ episodes. I really hate it when they try and distill the essence of naruto into a simple summery with a contrived flashback montage of all the friends he's made then he defeats what ever bad guys that have been laid out infront of him with a conviently placed rasengan. I hope that the producers and directors or suffer from a bad case of indigestion.

y4but
Fri, 05-27-2005, 02:40 AM
it's like nobody even likes naruto anymore lol

i didnt really think it was that bad. ok no action, no amazing parts but just another ep. sometimes u need those to set things up. definitiely an episode to save up so you can watch like 3 eps in a row. damn those were the days.

folf
Fri, 05-27-2005, 03:54 AM
for someone who doesn't read the manga, this would not necessarily be filler, but this episode really was bad.
It wasn't the action.
or 'amazing' things.

An episode about Naruto drooling in his sleep could have been done better.

KM
Fri, 05-27-2005, 04:01 AM
This episode is bad.

The saddest thing was that the girls in the inn weren't even pretty. Jiraiya you disappoint me.

When I saw the masked ninja, I thought I was watching pokemon.

The reason I liked naruto in the first place was because I liked the undertone of violent behind the peaceful village of konoha. I enjoyed the fact that although most of the characters were teenagers, the undertone suggested that the anime was about their growing into the harsh reality, the possibility that they are growing into something they don't want to be. This objective of the anime was very clear fighting haku. The story eliminated this conflict and downplayed the meaning of being a ninja.

Samehada
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:30 AM
I don't understand what you lot found wrong with the animation/artwork/whatever, it seemed to me like any other Naruto episode, no better, no worse. Makes me think that all you people care about is action and plot advancement in every episode. True, its not an episode I would rewatch lots of times, but it wasn't terrible and certainly better than just not having an episode this week at all.
For ages now, every discussion thread is full of people slagging Naruto off and pointing out all the flaws etc, if you don't like Naruto anymore, why are you still watching it? I think people have set their mind on the filler being rubbish and are looking for any excuse to not like no matter how rediculous (like the animation which was how it usually is). The filler is gonna be a story in itself that obviously doesn't matter much in the bigger picture, but every story has to have a start. Also, these quiet episodes make me appreciate the action more. If it was non-stop action every episode I would get tired of it. Its like in the new star wars films, it got to the point where every lightsaber fight looked the same, and the excitement was gone.

Jurojin
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:12 AM
When Sakura started spouting "I have to try to bring Sasuke back, even if I'm powerless" etc, etc, I wanted to believe, for a split second, that she'd go on her own, find Sasuke, and do something so that she's killed by him, thus giving him the Mangekyou (spl) Sharingan. But, I'm a dreamer like that.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
that would've been great...i assumed she was going to train before going out blindly and getting her ass killed after she took 2 steps outta the village....

Assertn
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by: Honoko
i would even dare to say even more over the top than what kishimoto might usually cook up (ie, all 3 sand ninjas showing up to save everyone's asses all at the same time )

since when is the 3 sandnins showing up at the same time considered "over the top"?

btw....sakura's sleeves are cut off in the intro too, so i dont think it was just that this ep that messed up
oh, and also in last week's ep

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Sakura losing her sleeves just might be a minor costume change. I think it's supposed to be a prelude for the time jump. All of the manga readers should know what I'm talking about. Yesh it's so frustrating trying to write a message when you have two different audiences in mind. For all of you anime only watchers please go read the manga so you can at least aknowledge this content as nothing but filler. If you don't then your opinion of naruto will decline rather quickly.

Honoko
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
since when is the 3 sandnins showing up at the same time considered "over the top"?

well, i feel like if u look at the whole situation objectively, it's kinda cheesy how it just so happened that all three konoha ninjas were about to get killed and then they all get saved all at the same time. of course, i am assuming that the fights were happening in real time and the way all the scenes were interchanging implied that all of the events occurring were all happening at that moment.

i'll admit though, the first time i saw that scene the geek in me was like, "cool!"

miaka
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by: Jurojin
When Sakura started spouting "I have to try to bring Sasuke back, even if I'm powerless" etc, etc, I wanted to believe, for a split second, that she'd go on her own, find Sasuke, and do something so that she's killed by him, thus giving him the Mangekyou (spl) Sharingan. But, I'm a dreamer like that.

lol.. that would be a good idea to have sasura killed by one that she has annoying crush on.... excpet that i think you have to kill your best friend to get Magekyou.. i believe.. and i doubt that sakura is that that important to sasuke.. so even if sasuke kills her.. he won't get it i think..

Jurojin
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Whether or not he gets it is a side-issue. The main deal will be that Sasuke killed Sakura, giving Naruto more reason to angst and revenge and actually beat the crap out of him i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:17 PM
sure, the story would love that kinda twist, too bad its not going to happen isnt it?

besides i figured when itachi said sasuke had to kill his best friend, he didnt literarly mean he had to pummel his best friend into pulp, he meant he needed to have the dark-heartedness to be able to kill his best friend so for all we know, sasuke could've already obtained the mangekyou.

Honoko
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
sure, the story would love that kinda twist, too bad its not going to happen isnt it?

besides i figured when itachi said sasuke had to kill his best friend, he didnt literarly mean he had to pummel his best friend into pulp, he meant he needed to have the dark-heartedness to be able to kill his best friend so for all we know, sasuke could've already obtained the mangekyou.

but then i would argue that there's a difference between thought and deed where deed requires a bit more of a commitment than thought. and i would think that to obtain the mangekyou, one would seriously have to commit to actually killing his best friend. at the last moment, when sasuke's hand formed a fist at the last second before hitting naruto, i would equate that with sasuke discovering that he really couldn't kill naruto, no matter how much he thought he was willing and able.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:25 PM
yes what i'm meaning is if sasuke thought naruto was dead, then he could probably obtain it regardless of whether tsunade was able to revive naruto after...

lets think for a second:

if sasuke beat naruto to such a state that he thought naruto was definetaly dead, but turns out he was surviving by a thumbnail, sasuke could still get it. Its not like he thinks naruto is dead, he gets it but then naruto is revived and it suddenly disappears.......

sasuke doesnt know that naruto's not dead....or does he?

DDBen
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko

well, i feel like if u look at the whole situation objectively, it's kinda cheesy how it just so happened that all three konoha ninjas were about to get killed and then they all get saved all at the same time. of course, i am assuming that the fights were happening in real time and the way all the scenes were interchanging implied that all of the events occurring were all happening at that moment.

i'll admit though, the first time i saw that scene the geek in me was like, "cool!"

The Sand-nins all left at exactly the same time and due to where they had to go to reach each fight them ariving at the same time wasn't at all a issue. Yes all of the leaf ninja's were about to be beaten but not all of the fights ended at the same time. Gara's specifically went on much longer then the other two. I don't see a single issue with how this took place and I definatly don't see it as being over the top.

yes what i'm meaning is if sasuke thought naruto was dead, then he could probably obtain it regardless of whether tsunade was able to revive naruto after...

lets think for a second:

if sasuke beat naruto to such a state that he thought naruto was definetaly dead, but turns out he was surviving by a thumbnail, sasuke could still get it. Its not like he thinks naruto is dead, he gets it but then naruto is revived and it suddenly disappears.......

sasuke doesnt know that naruto's not dead....or does he?

The whole point of that fights was in the end Sosuke choose not to kill Naruto so he wouldn't become like his brother. So your entire point is useless as that would completely defeat the character development of Sosuke finding his own path to the power to kill his brother.

Honoko
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen
The Sand-nins all left at exactly the same time and due to where they had to go to reach each fight them ariving at the same time wasn't at all a issue. Yes all of the leaf ninja's were about to be beaten but not all of the fights ended at the same time. Gara's specifically went on much longer then the other two. I don't see a single issue with how this took place and I definatly don't see it as being over the top.

hm... i think now my original point is about to get blurred. sand-nins arriving all arriving at the same exact time was never meant to be a huge issue. i was only using it as an example. my whole point was, while kishimoto's storytelling is perfect for its intended audience (kiddies in japan) the storytelling now is very patronizing to aforementioned audience. and my term "over the top" was directed more towards these nameless storytellers butchering the current filler arc than kishimoto's, whose "over the top" storytelling works well for kiddies in japan.

is this only making sense to me? looks like i've got to spend 10 minutes thinking about what i'm about to post instead of 5 haha

Cal_kashi
Fri, 05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
I guess all you bitching bastards have a decision to make. If you adamantly hate the fillers like you seem to, why watch them? If your going to hate it, don't watch it. Wait for the anime to start up again. If you choose to watch it STFU; comment in a more usefull way than OMG!!!!!11!!! filler is teh suxxxxxor!!!!!!111!!!

edit. added a semi-colon between STFU and comment, thats right bitches, a semi-colon.

Assertn
Fri, 05-27-2005, 04:33 PM
kimimaro DID have 2 fights, and they both started after shika and kiba's.....
however kiba ran away, which delayed his match, and shika and tayuya were in a deadlock for who knows how long....
so it all balances out

For those saying sasuke could still have mangekyou....

first of all, even if its the INTENTION of killing your best friend that earns mangekyou, not just the actual deed, then it still wont work out for sasuke, since he changed his mind at the last second about delivering the fatal blow.

second of all, sasuke knows that naruto is still alive. this is why he specifically says "I will not do as you say" (or as i preferred it translated in the manga "I will not be your puppet") In other words, he knows that he has not fulfilled the requirements given to him by his brother.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
hmm...ok your proof beats mine i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Do any of you EVER think before posting? What assertn did wasn't brain surgery. He just basically wrote up what he saw.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:22 PM
and what i did was propse a theory i had.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
I guess all you bitching bastards have a decision to make. If you adamantly hate the fillers like you seem to, why watch them? If your going to hate it, don't watch it. Wait for the anime to start up again. If you choose to watch it STFU; comment in a more usefull way than OMG!!!!!11!!! filler is teh suxxxxxor!!!!!!111!!!.

You're right, this board sure would be a lot better if we all thought exactly the same.

In response to Sasuke "holding back," what proof is there of this? Do you think Naruto didn't die just because Sasuke held back? There's no evidence of that. It doesn't appear Sasuke knows that Naruto is dead, but that could turn either way.

Also I think some people are jumping the gun on the "intent" to kill to obtain the mangekyou. I need to go back and see exactly how Itachi worded that, but I'm leaning towards one having to commit the act to obtain it. Pretty much everything points to Itachi finishing off his best friend; the friend was, for sure, dead, which leads me to believe you'd have to commit the act as the intent to hate isn't "proof" enough.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:56 PM
i hope thats sarcasm, because then there would be no point in this board.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:57 PM
i hope thats sarcasm, because then there would be no point in this board.

Of course it was.

folf
Fri, 05-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I guess all you bitching bastards have a decision to make. If you adamantly hate the fillers like you seem to, why watch them? If your going to hate it, don't watch it. Wait for the anime to start up again. If you choose to watch it STFU; comment in a more usefull way than OMG!!!!!11!!! filler is teh suxxxxxor!!!!!!111!!!

edit. added a semi-colon between STFU and comment, thats right bitches, a semi-colon.

My problem is that this episode was created as if it were a filler, instead of a continuation of the anime, or for the anime readers, an excellent opportunity to add to the story that they already enjoy.
I think most of the complaints have been made in this nature, as opposed to how you present it here.

Masamune
Fri, 05-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Do any of you EVER think before posting? What assertn did wasn't brain surgery. He just basically wrote up what he saw.

haha why do you even try

Knives122
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:14 PM
no one cares plain and simple(and neither do I)

so what can I say about this episode that's actually worth mentioning.....um Naruto didnt have his forehead protector on that's cool I guess...meh, it was a borefest, I'll still watch it but I wont like it/care for it

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:09 PM
I think if these wardrobe things continue to be tinkered with, Jiraiya should get new sandals. He's a Sannin for fuck's sake, and runs around in those hideous and surely uncomfortable wooden monstrosities.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:39 PM

So if this mission is supposed to be a secret and no one is supposed to know they are shinobi, why are Jiraiya and sakura still running around with Hachigane on their head? Even though Jiraiya's doesn't necessarilly make him out to be a ninja anywhere. And whoever mentioned Pokemon....yeah, its weird,but that masked person made me kind of think of a super childish show like Pokemon tooYou're missing the point Cal..... Oh, and the people bitching about the people bitching about the filler, chill, they just need to vent cause they fucked up again, buy allowing jackass writers do it again. The episode started out kind of good, almost like it belonged at the end of the last one...but then it just turned into a really stupid fucking joke....again. No, its not about action, its about the show being somewhat intelligent, and filler is almost always filled with low brow and toilet humor, which in most cases is not accepted with open arms in this crowd. So, its not about the action being over, its about filler episodes usually being written worse than most fan fics. It might pick up, but if it follows the current course with Jiraiya being a fuck off again, well, then people get kind of upset cause they just came off this "serious conflict" rush, and now everything "happy, shiny people" when the story is supposed to be about espionage. Well, that's why this particular filler is upsetting to me anyways.

P.S. Yeah, Jiraiya running around in geta all the time, is kinda odd, those fuckers are hard to walk in let alone run.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:04 AM
hes a hermit, he has to be used to walking already no?

DDBen
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:48 AM
I think if these wardrobe things continue to be tinkered with, Jiraiya should get new sandals. He's a Sannin for fuck's sake, and runs around in those hideous and surely uncomfortable wooden monstrosities.

Considering you obviously have no clue as to the point of those sandles let me explain a few things. First off if your a ninja and someone uses caltropes on you, as was done to Naruto in this episode, having raised sandles like that would prevent them from effecting you. The reason he wears them IS because of the experience as a ninja. ugly or not they protect your feet where sandles like Naruto has are actually completely useless against a trap.

Sam98034
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Man, I was so excited when this episode began. Earlier some guys reading the manga were saying "you won't believe what's going to happen next." Naturally I thought, "holy shit, Sakura is going to be useful all of a sudden now." It didn't really happen, so that sucks.

Anyways what's all this talk about just the "hateful killer intent" being able to activate Mangekyou? I mean, yes it could be the case, good theory. But I think it's different. Maybe you have to drink your best friends blood or something, and it has to be a dead persons blood. My other theory is that maybe if you kill your best friend and have sharingan, you can see their "guding spirit" and it gives you one wish, and if you wish for strength, you get mangekyou.

Psyke
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by: Sam98034
Man, I was so excited when this episode began. Earlier some guys reading the manga were saying "you won't believe what's going to happen next." Naturally I thought, "holy shit, Sakura is going to be useful all of a sudden now." It didn't really happen, so that sucks.

Anyways what's all this talk about just the "hateful killer intent" being able to activate Mangekyou? I mean, yes it could be the case, good theory. But I think it's different. Maybe you have to drink your best friends blood or something, and it has to be a dead persons blood. My other theory is that maybe if you kill your best friend and have sharingan, you can see their "guding spirit" and it gives you one wish, and if you wish for strength, you get mangekyou.

The manga readers are NOT talking about the filler which is shown in the anime now..... they were talking about what happens after Naruto completes his training.

As for the sharingan part I hope you are kidding about the wishing thing....... i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Some of you claim that we should write more in our comments than "omfg fillers suck".

But... what if there's nothing more to say?
Even if it's better than having no Naruto at all, we can still say it sucks without being "bad Naruto fans who don't appreciate the series".
Because no matter how the hell you see it:

THIS FUCKING SUCKS!

Assertn
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:40 AM
In response to Sasuke "holding back," what proof is there of this? Do you think Naruto didn't die just because Sasuke held back? There's no evidence of that. It doesn't appear Sasuke knows that Naruto is dead, but that could turn either way.

1) Sasuke changes the shape of his hand from a pointed jab (the kind of jab he always uses for chidori) to a closed fist just before he lands the blow. Im sure you're aware that sasuke's chidori can pierce through naruto's body, but yet the last attack didn't. If it did, it wouldve nailed through his heart, killing him. But it didn't, and I'm sure sasuke planned it that way.

2) When Naruto was lying on the ground unconscious...it wouldnt be all that hard to just stab him with a kunai or something. So yes, if sasuke had no intention of holding back, then I'm pretty sure he wouldnt just walk away from the battlefield with naruto just lying there.

And once again...as i've said before, Sasuke has the flashback of Itachi saying "you must kill your best friend" and then sasuke saying right afterwards "I WILL NOT DO AS YOU SAY"

Tell me, if this doesn't indicate that sasuke knows naruto is alive, then what DOES it indicate?

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 11:52 AM
assertn the second 1 is true, but the first 1 might not be, are u saying the chidori completely overpowered naruto's rasanegan? Surely the rasanegan had to repel some of the chidori's power thus it probably wouldnt have killed naruto anyway.

folf
Sat, 05-28-2005, 01:05 PM
yes, I believe Sasuke overpowered Naruto during this fight.. Or atleast if it was equal powerwise, he was able to predict well enough to make it past the rasanegan. If he made it past the rasanegan, I'm pretty sure he would have stabbed into Naruto(I don't remember if he did, if he didn't, I think this was due to something Sasuke did), if he stabbed into Naruto, he could have killed Naruto(at that close of a range, you don't think sasuke would know if he delivered a lethal blow?).
What would the manga have to do to pursuade people Sasuke changed his mind about killing Naruto? Or perhaps, was never really capable of deliverering the death blow to a friend.. Or the anime for that matter? Did either give an indication that he thought he killed Naruto? Is this even still debated?

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:37 PM
what i meant was, the rasanegan should've reduce the attacking power of chidori, making it less powerful and probably not much of a lethal attack anymore. lets put it this way, lets say a fatal blow has the power of 5.

at the start chidori was a 10 and rasanegan was a 8. After they clash, chidori wins but only has attacking power of a 2 now, which isnt a fatal blow. Get me now? and again, this is just what i think.....

Rek
Sat, 05-28-2005, 04:58 PM
fuck you and fuck your power ratings.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 05:09 PM
sure...i was just wondering....and thanks for contributing....to nothing?

Fudgeman
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:49 AM
I belive this episode actually server a very important purpose, suddenly Sakura has some fire in her. She wants to train, get strong, and advance. Where before she was unmotivated, hopefully shes gonna now stop sucking.

Remember the chuunin exams? she kept replace teqing, took knifes all over, and bit an arm...

She must be really stong when shes motivated...

Sam98034
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: Sam98034

The manga readers are NOT talking about the filler which is shown in the anime now..... they were talking about what happens after Naruto completes his training.

As for the sharingan part I hope you are kidding about the wishing thing.......

Well...I basically didn't know there was going to be a filler until after I watched the episode and came to this board and saw the "OMG FILLER SUXORS!!! WTF ANIMATION IS TRASH!!" So I thought this was a "real" episode when I watched it.

And no I wasn't kidding. I'm fucking serious.

Xollence
Sun, 05-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Hehe same here Sam. I thought it was a pretty good episode, didn't really seem like I was watching a filler episode.

Assertn
Sun, 05-29-2005, 02:42 PM
the chidori doesnt have to overpower the rasengan if it dodges the rasengan completely.

It wasnt like the previous confrontation where their hands met, their jutsus did not come into contact with each other

masamuneehs
Sun, 05-29-2005, 05:58 PM
yeh, i add my two cents of contempt for this episode along with the rest of the bitching going on about this arc... it seems like it'll be pretty pointless... What I really want to see is what is going on with some of the other characters, Sasuke especially. I think it would be great to see how Orochimaru trains him (and Sasuke would undoubtedly be killing his enemies, a first for him) and that would be infinetley better than this arc....

but maybe i shouldnt be so negative and hope that it turns out ok? nah, it'll be just as bad as that Amazing Race arc...

I know the show is "Naruto" but couldn't they do a little bit with the other characters? At this point Naruto, Sakura and Jiraiya's personalities and traits are all played out (stubborness, angst, perversion) and I would kill to see what Gaara or Shikamaru or even Ino are up to!!! Seriously, if you're going to have filler, might as well do it with some of the other characters! hmm a spinoff series...

oh and I really liked episode 101 or wherever it was where they tried to unmask Kakashi. I thought some of it was hilarious, especially the end. Funny filler is fine with me. Useless new characters w/ annoyingly depressing back stories and "save the poor village" plots are lame.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-29-2005, 08:20 PM
the chidori doesnt have to overpower the rasengan if it dodges the rasengan completely.

It wasnt like the previous confrontation where their hands met, their jutsus did not come into contact with each other

Uh...your full of shit there. I suggest watching the episode again.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 05-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah.........Assertn's probly 800 times smarter than you so dont talk shit.

And also don't talk shit because your wrong. Naruto's Rasengan kinda missed and only scratched Sasuke's forehead protector. Go watch the episode again.

Edit: Twist- that seems logical too. But the overall point is there hands never met.

TwisT
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
I got the feeling it did'nt miss.. I mean is Naruto the kind that would kill Sasuke?? No.. So in the lst second he canceled it and it was a light hit on the forhead protector.. I think he did that on purpose since Sasuke said he would not be able to lay a hand on his forehead.. So in the end that was all Naruto could do.. Show Sasuke that he really could do it..

At least that's what i think..

FrostBiteAS
Mon, 05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
i belive that naruto slashed the forehead protector so sasuke realizes that he is fucking up etc.. altho the whole "u wont lay a hand on it" shit kinda works.. but it doesnt work that well... noticing all missing nin have the forehead protector with a gash through the village symbol

masamuneehs
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:35 PM
oh and its nice to see people still talking about the Rasengan V. Chidori in this totally unrelated post! At this rate we might as well make a whole damn topic for it...

Assertn
Mon, 05-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Uh...your full of shit there. I suggest watching the episode again.

Hmm.......in one shot, we clearly see sasuke's chidori ram into naruto's chest......am i right?
So by your logic, in order for this to happen, naruto would either have to create a rasengan with his chest, or would have had his arm torn right through with the chidori.

Seriously, we saw where naruto's arm was, it was up by sasuke's forehead protector

Don't be a noob, kagemane's got the right idea i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

WarkWark
Mon, 05-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Am I the only one that was hoping for naruto to just accept the training fully, and then the next episode is three years later, all the genin are grown up, and badass.. I mean its obvious its going to happen, akatsuki is going after naruto in three years, orochimaru is going to steal sasuke's body but can't for three years, Jiraiya training naruto for three years.. its obvious that the next arc will be pointless, and at the end of it, the three years will pass.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Hmm.......in one shot, we clearly see sasuke's chidori ram into naruto's chest......am i right?
So by your logic, in order for this to happen, naruto would either have to create a rasengan with his chest, or would have had his arm torn right through with the chidori.

Seriously, we saw where naruto's arm was, it was up by sasuke's forehead protector

Don't be a noob, kagemane's got the right idea

Thats all well and good, but in the scene immidiatly preceeding that, the Chidori and the Rasangen cleary collide. In fact, its the thing that CAUSES the whole colored lightning everywhere forming into GIANT FUCKING BLACK HOLE effect.

While its certainly likely that their hands didn't make contact, the idea that the jutsus didn't collide is completely rediculous.

Yeah.........Assertn's probly 800 times smarter than you so dont talk shit.

Assertn fanboyism and sheer impossibility of that statement aside, theres no way prove one person as being smarter than another in a place like this, so don't waste peoples time making statments like that. Its akin to "I could beat you up in real life" type bullshit.

Mut
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:39 AM
I always thought the chidori and rasengan collided. I can't think of another explanation as to why there was the big ball of whatever it was radiating from the two characters. I just assumed that their moves slid off each other.

Assertn
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:48 AM
who cares? Do you feel that kishimoto wanted to emphasize that chidori was stronger than rasengan in that final match?
Even if they did approach each other with fists pointing at each other, it still didnt prove that one was stronger than the other....

which was my original point

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-31-2005, 03:05 AM
And I agree with you. I think the two cancelled each other out. I was simply disagreeing with the fact that you stated that the two jutsus didn't collide.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 03:48 PM

By previous i think he means on the rooftop and if u remember its true that the two jutsus did not collide on the rooftop.

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, first of all um...the Chidori vs. Rasengan thing didn't happen in this episode...so if you wanna continue to bitch about that, find the appropriate thread and do it there.

Next

The Chidori and Rasengan did infact collide creating the crazy ass ninja phenomenon I'll simply call "WTF Runic Shiny Quantium Singularity no Jutsu" If you'll notice after that the Rasengan and Chidori are obviously not connected as the two moves strike their opponents. So obviously they must have eventually moved their hands.
Next, you see Sasuke hit Naruto first which could have resulted in the following possibilities....
A. Naruto to miss Sasuke's big fuck off forehead and just scratch it. (Most Legitimate in my mind)
B. Naruto was just trying to hit his forehead protector (Why? who knows, its a stupid ass theory)
C. Sasuke's mindset was still to win by anymeans, Naruto's was by anymeans except killing his opponent. (Thus Sasuke wasn't holding back, Naruto was)
D. Who the fuck cares, you're all reading into it too much anyways since Kishimoto needed a way for Sasuke to escape to Orochimaru and not be dragged back by Naruto. Sasuke would not have been able to leave with Naruto still alive/conscious.

There's my whole take on it, say what you, believe what you will, cause most of you are too thickheaded anyways. Thank you for those of you keeping it civil....and for those of you not, go sit on a railroad spike.

Finally, about the filler, it would be nice to see something significant happen, but the very nature of filler is to be filled with trivial nonsensical bullshit, cause the writers can't take the chance of fucking with the main story line. Therefore, the most legitimate, and feasible request you can ask for is either more Tea Races, Training (generic, not new techniques, as that would fuck with the surprise of the actual new episodes), Recovery of the other members (if not in the manga), Jiraiya running around like a jackass (as he is now), or Tsunade balancing the responsibilites of Hokage, with her addiction to Gambling which further bankrupts Konoha. Those are pretty much your picks, and if any of you wonder why filler may look different, my guess is because it doesn't need to be the same quality, so they allow new upcoming artists to get the feel of making anime, and developing their skills that they can become the next big Manga/Anime creator. Try and cut them some slack, we are all unrefined and undeveloped when we start out, that's what learning and practice are for.

And I stand by my earlier review of the episode, started strong, ended.....horribly.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
i'll be like you then....Why the hell you talking about chidori and rasnaegan then? follow your own advice and bitch about it elsewhere. half your post was about it. Next time if your not goint to follow your own advice just shut up

Assertn
Wed, 06-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
There's my whole take on it, say what you, believe what you will, cause most of you are too thickheaded anyways. Thank you for those of you keeping it civil....and for those of you not, go sit on a railroad spike.

wow, someone mustve went to debate college

Kirakun
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
THIS FUCKING SUCKS!

werd

Edort4
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Poor rhanfal, i wouldnt say that it was a debate ("most of u thickheaded", this is true indeed), and for the chidori thing start a new thread plz. Is sad to see jiraya become nothing more than a clown or joker(ridiculizate his character), this fillers only serve the purpose of turning the series worse (even if the public has a mental age of 10 years and like em)

Bye..

chet_chetty
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
if you (noone in particular) are going to judge these fillers using the same standards you've set for eps based on the manga, of course you'll be severely disappointed.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
No discussion on a message board has ever qualified as a debate in the entire history of the internet. Or even a discussion for that matter.

FireFox
Thu, 06-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Aside from this awful tangent you've taken. I thought this episode was ok. all you DBZ types must be crying because there wasn't a 30 minute battle streched over 20 episodes. And all you inyuasha fans must have their panties in a bunch because there was no romantic intrest. Al and all... this is how naruto seems to work.

Comedy: 1st they lay some comedy on you, this helps introduce new characters, new ideas, and softens the mood after a really serious point.

drama: this gets you attached to the character, so that when they kill him/her off, you might just feel a little twinge. like chouji. they spent some drama time on him before the made you think he was dead.

Action: big fights... gotta love them... this is a serious point.

its a three point cycle folks. it doesnt work that way. Naruto is a comedy just as much as it is n action

this episode i think begins the comedy... so that we can have new characters. and it helps break the serious mood we;ve all been having over that dumbass poser Sasuke.

BTW Naruto rules! (the character)

drcitan
Fri, 06-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I liked this filler episode. It made me laugh more than once and Naruto looked cool when he jumped high in the air and throw those kunai in the bushes. I found that with the filler eps if you expect a lot out of them they end up sucking so I jus watch them for giggles and funny dialogue. Man Jiraiya is so thoughtful and caring that he begged for a mission jus to keep team 7 from running away. Man and for those who think Sasuke really tried to kill Naruto with that last strike are all DUMBASSES.