PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favorite Superhero?

SK
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
mine has been wolverine since i was 4 and read my first comicbook, it was wolverine #98. still have it lol.

Masamune
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:47 PM
spiderman ( and his gargoyle talk buddy )

darkshadow
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:57 PM
spiderman& wolverine

Kovash
Wed, 05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Tie between Spiderman and Batman.

Captain America = Walking Propoganda

Deblas
Wed, 05-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Spawn. He's just cool.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 05-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Spiederman. Definately. A tie between gambit and batman second.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I was a huge fan of Wolverine and Gambit. I even have a near mint first appearance of Wolverine in hulk 181. My step dad and I used to have about 7 of the first appearance of Gambit, but he sold a lot of those, not sure if he has any now. He's a big comic book collector. I used to read and collect comics but it was an expensive hobby, prices on comics went up and my interest and ability to collect went down. As far as DC comics I would go with Batman and I also really liked Lobo as well. Lastly for independent comics I would go with Scud the disposable assassin or Bone. Im more of a marvel fan though, and Image comics were pretty cool when they first came out. If I could pick one artist or two to draw these characters it would be either Jim Lee or J. Scott Campbell, my two favorite. I have not read comics for about ten or so years now so Im not real familiar about the scene anymore but I used to be a huge comic book junkie. I even worked at a comic book store for my first job when I was fourteen.

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm much more a fan of DC comics, and like Batman and Superman as classic superheroes. In terms of darker comics, though, I'm a big fan of Preacher and Sandman (these are produced by the adult version of DC comics, not dark horse, but the one they put the comics with all the violence and gore under)

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Spider-Man

Been my fave since the electric company. Heard from my friend that it was a famous Hollywood star who was in the Spidey suit during that time......

Ultraman

Still watching the new Ultraman Nexus episodes every week.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Spawn

Lefty
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Spawn as well. I like a super hero who's not compleatly good nor evil.

Kezren
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Spawn, Gambit, Flash,Spider man.

Mut
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:59 AM
<+YTheAlien> spawn is just lame
<+YTheAlien> based purely on the fact that rebellious teens like the idea of a super hero with "Hell + cussing + chains coming out of his ass + all black and red clothes + spikes"

Y
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Spawn caused the ruination of the comics industry in the late nineties, so he is out. Also, he's a shitty character whose book was worthless even for the art after #25, and Todd McFarlane is the industry's biggest douchefuck.

Oddly, I don't know my answer to this. All my favorite comic characters aren't superheroes.

For Marvel, it's probably Spider-man. What an amazing guy. For DC, probably Flash.

TwisT
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Gambit

EDIT: Also i like X-Man.. and Magneto and Juggetnaut is my favorite Villian

\/ To Y's question..

I have read Marvel comics since i was 10 (14 years).. First i only read Spider-Man, but after a few years i switched to X-men.. Never read DC comics.. I remember reading like 5 issues when i was 12, but i did not like them.. Also i dont find Batman, Superman or Justice League all that fashinating as a cartoon ether.. So i stick to Marvel..

Also if i would base my opinion on only Cartoons or movie's, i would say Gambit is gay.. I dont like his voice in the cartoon's.. Then i would go for Jean Grey or Magneto..

Y
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Out of a cynical sense of curiosity, let me ask a side question. How many of you who've answered have actually read the comics of the characters you named?

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm pretty sure those people who wrote Spider-man without the hypen didn't read the comic. But well, the topic was who is your fave super hero, and nowdays comics aren't the only medium for super heroes anymore.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:50 AM
I used to be a pretty avid comic book reader, but then I ran out of money. I have stacks and stacks of them stored in two closets in my apartment. My favorites were, the spiderman books (the amazing, the spectacular, spiderman, and another one I can't remember), x-men, wolverine, x-man, batman, detective comics, fathom, spawn, and spawn the undead (too bad that series began right around the time I couldn't afford comics anymore, the first two books were just amazing. I don't know if the series continued on to be successful).

I like batman and spiderman because, more so than any other superhero, and before it became cool to make this the case, their super hero lives and secret identities took severe tolls on their actual lives. The only other exception is possibly superman, but when you're nigh invulnerable, who the hell cares? These guys were human and thus real. You could relate to and admire them in a way that you couldn't with other characters. Also, for all the crap they went through, they managed to remain upstanding at all times. That may be unrealistic, but it gave me something to look up to.

Batman's cool factor though didn't really max out until a certain episode of the adventures of batman and superman where he totally owned superman! Here's what happened:

Batman is roughing up some guy in his usual dark night manner in an attempt to extract information about a real villain. Enter Superman who not only has the nerve to tell Batman what to do ("That's enough!") but has the AUDACITY to actually touch him. So superman grabs Batman by the shoulder and begins to pull....when Batman, almost instinctually throws superman over his shoulder! Of course the man of stell isn't going to take that with his ass up in the air. So he gets up and begins pounding on flying rodent like mike tyson of old. The Batman made a BIG mistake messing with Superman right? HELL no! Right when superman's done having his fun, about to talk his self righteous bullshit, Batman nonchalantly goes into his utility belt and pulls out a little platic bag with, you guessed it, a shard of kryptonite! Superman backs down like the pussy in blue and red tights he is, completely unable to do anything. Exit the might Batman, victorious!

(I'm such a geek...)

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:05 AM
I've always disliked Superman because of his character design in terms of powers and capabilities.

Throw in ALL kinds of cool powers you can think of: X-ray vision, flying, super strength, speed, what have you, and there you go: Superman.

Weakness? "Ermmmmm.... how about a piece of green rock? That ought to give him some problems."

Yeah, he's a classic and have been around for a long time, but I think he's one of the most straight forward super heroes with nothing much interesting going for him.

Xollence
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Hehe me too Barles, I was thinking about throwing them away. Hmmm... my favorite would be Spider Man and Cable.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:17 AM
Oh don't do that! At the very least you could auction them on e-bay, I bet you'd make pretty penny. Or if you don't feel like it, sell them to some comic shop if there's one within a reasonable distance from you. Better yet, if you have younger siblings or cousins, let them check out your stacks. I bet they'd like em.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:35 AM
well, my knowledge about super heros is limited to watching whatever episodes of the cartoons which were aired here, no comic or real knowledge.
so, without further ado, my favorites are (by no particular order):
Gambit: The cool guy from X-men, while not super strong, he still has a decent power to blow stuff up and has a decent attitude towards life and women.
Cable: i saw about 5 episodes with him, but i still like him, plus, i know almost nothing about his history or abilities.
Magneto: just the cool vilian person with a good reason and a neat power.
Spiderman: becuase of the same reasons all the others mentioned.
Batman: becuase he's a bat, and becuase of what Uchiha Barles wrote.

that's about it, if i could actually read comic then the list would have been diffrent.

Edit: all the comic talk got me to read lobo... so far, it's kinda medicore, what good is all the talk about him killing everybody if the fighting art feels like crap ('boot' isn't a sound FX, last time i checked) and everybody is anti-smoking?

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Gambit. No question about it at all.

He's been my idol ever since I was 8 or so.

SK
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Out of a cynical sense of curiosity, let me ask a side question. How many of you who've answered have actually read the comics of the characters you named?

i have boxes of comicbooks lol. i remember when i bought wolverine #1, i thought it was awesome and going to be worth a million dollars, then i found out it was only worth $30. (i was a little kid at the time.) i think my comic that is worth the most is X-Men #1, the one with Cyclops and Wolverine on the cover. my favorite character in DC is batman, loved the show when i was a kid.

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Heh, yea Barles, but the only reason Batman had the kryptonite is because Superman gave it to him, so that if he went crazy with power, there would be someone to bring him down.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:41 AM
spawn. because he looks the coolest. and he has a badass cape.

r3n
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
ive liked gambit since i was about 6 or 7 when i collected Xmen cards and stuff, also loved him from the oldschool Xmen cartoon. aside from that maybe spawn cos the comics are kinda fucked up which is fun for a change

Foomanchew24
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Xollence: Don't throw your comics away, they may be worth money some day. Sell them on ebay or something.

Strider
Mon, 05-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Spawn caused the ruination of the comics industry in the late nineties, so he is out. Also, he's a shitty character whose book was worthless even for the art after #25, and Todd McFarlane is the industry's biggest douchefuck.

Oddly, I don't know my answer to this. All my favorite comic characters aren't superheroes.

For Marvel, it's probably Spider-man. What an amazing guy. For DC, probably Flash.

It's funny - the majority of my friends and co-workers that are into comics love Spider-Man, but I never could get into it. I respect the character, as he does have a lot more in that area than others. But, 'eh .. wasn't for me.

Flash's great, though.

Originally posted by: Xollence
Hehe me too Barles, I was thinking about throwing them away. Hmmm... my favorite would be Spider Man and Cable.

If you're serious, hook me up with a list of what you have. I'll buy them from you. Seriously. I'm horrible when it comes to comic collecting. Being out here in Cuba, there are no comic shops .. so I have an online subscription with my comic shop from back in New York of like .. 60 titles.

Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
i have boxes of comicbooks lol. i remember when i bought wolverine #1, i thought it was awesome and going to be worth a million dollars, then i found out it was only worth $30. (i was a little kid at the time.) i think my comic that is worth the most is X-Men #1, the one with Cyclops and Wolverine on the cover. my favorite character in DC is batman, loved the show when i was a kid.

Sorry to break it to you, bro' .. but that X-Men #1 (1990 launch, Jim Lee *Godly* cover) .. isn't worth jack. I think even if you have all five covers and the pull-out special version of #1, they'd all total at under $20. Not many people are worried about Wolverine #1 (Although you can get it for 'bout $40) since it isn't any of his first couple appearances. And, his #1 is of him as Patch .. his Madripoor alter-ego! Who cares 'bout that!?

Back on topic .. don't have too many favorite Superheroes. I'm with Y .. most of my favorites are villains. The few that are on my list are Professor Xavier. He is such a great character. I like Storm a lot, as well.

Favorite villains, though .. Magneto. Dr. Doom. Thanos. Juggernaut. Magneto and Dr. Doom are simply the upper crust of it all, though. The kernel shell that encompasses the entirety of the Marvel Universe.

Btw, for all those that love Wolverine but may not collect comics .. if possible, put $15 aside and purchase Wolverine #20-25: Enemy of the State Pt.1-6. That story arc was phenomenal and took Wolverine back to the savage roots that attracted a lot of his fans to him (Finally!). Drawn by legends, JR Jr (Jon Romita Jr.). Long story short .. Hydra & The Hand (Ninja Mafia Gallore!) actually manage to kidnap Wolverine, and brainwash him as their prized agent. They send him out after Superheroes .. but, not to kill them; to capture them so these Organizations can do to them what they did to Wolverine. In this arc, Wolverine goes against S.H.I.E.L.D. easily clearing through them, the Fantastic Four, Avengers and finally the X-Men. Lots of death and twists. Great read for Wolverine fans. Guaranteed.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:40 AM
i also like The Darkness, as a sort of anti-hero, he was badass in the first few issues

Crows_Kill
Wed, 06-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Conventional super hero: Spider-Man all the way- a true everyman superhero, as oxymoronic as that sounds
Non-conventional- Scud the Disposable Assasssin- heavy 3PO
runner up in both catagories- rorshac, nuff said.