PDA

View Full Version : A question about Orochi

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:12 AM
So I'm on Chapter 122 of the manga, and on page 16 it depicts the various teachers, Jiraiya, the 4th, the 3rd and Orochimaru.

Who is the kid standing with Orochimaru?

SK
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
anko.

Rhanfahl
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Yeah, that brings up and interesting question. Orochimaru, lived in Konoha till he was a grown up at least. So don't all Jounins get teams and like 3 genins to teach? So did Orochi just end up with Anko? Or did he maybe have three to start with and get pissed off and eat 2 of them, or send them on suicide missions? Or were the sannin just so beyond everyone that they really only took students that they wanted to instead of team assignments? Personally I would like to see more of their pasts, and the shinobi wars.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Not every Jounin is a teacher. The Orochi/Anko relationship could probably be related to the Orochi/Kimimaro relationship in its early stages. Maybe it wasn't an official "team," but circumstance that led him to those two. Since Kimi isn't from Konoha and spent his early years "in darkness" as a weapon of war. I'm thinking there wasn't a team with Anko, Kimi and someone else, but that it's more along the lines of Zabuza/Haku in that Orochi found and saved them.

Honoko
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:23 PM
if anything, it'd be cool to see an arc w/ anko and orochi involved just that relationship develop more. kishimoto, as usual, only tossed out table scraps when their relationship was first revealed back during the chuunin exam.

Sidnne
Wed, 05-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I don't think we will ever see a flashback back arc involving anko and orochi, nor do I think that it would be cool at all. It would be a very boring and pointless arc considering the very small role that anko has played in the series. She was there during the Chuunin exam and it looked like she was going to become a factor in the series, but we have not seen or heard from her since.

Kishimoto does have a habit of presenting questions and then moving on to something else without ever answering those questions. If he does bring Anko back into the story at some point, then maybe the questions about her relationship with Oro will be answered in some flashbacks, but it certainly isnt important enough to the story to require a full arc about it.

Honoko
Wed, 05-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
If he does bring Anko back into the story at some point, then maybe the questions about her relationship with Oro will be answered in some flashbacks, but it certainly isnt important enough to the story to require a full arc about it.

sorry i wasn't clear-- i didn't mean an arc w/ orochi and anko as the main stars... i meant that in an arc that happened to have the two of them involved again w/ occassional flashbacks, like u suggested.

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:18 AM
I'd like to see the younger Orochimaru and Anko as well. Would be interesting to see the younger Sannins and especially Jiraya trying to stop Orochimaru when he turned against Konoha.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:29 AM
why do you guys want more flashbacks?
didn't you have enough of them? the only flashback arc i'd care to see is one explanning the 4th's final days and the birth/raising of naruto. and even it shouldn't take more than 3 chapters...

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:36 AM
The problem with flashbacks is that they usually happen right in the middle of something more interesting. I don't have problems with flashbacks at all unless they're totally ruining the pace of what's actually happening.

SK
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:08 AM
i think heretic, honoku, and rhanfahl are the same person......

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Since the anime is catching up to the manga, if there were to be fillers, I'd like them to at least be useful fillers. For example:
1. Show history of the fourth.
2. Show history of the sannins.
3. Show history of Naruto's birth.
4. Show white fang (kakashi's father) in action. Why? It gives us a reason as to why Kakashi must be a genius.
5. others listed in previous topics and discussions.

Something to this degree would be nice. Fillers would be the best and most opportune time to get history out of the way. I hate fillers where they go off on some distant tangent that totally destroy's the story line e.g. Kenshin.

Honoko
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

i dunno about heretic and rahnfahl but i can assure u that i'm quite seperate i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sidnne
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
Since the anime is catching up to the manga, if there were to be fillers, I'd like them to at least be useful fillers. For example:
1. Show history of the fourth.
2. Show history of the sannins.
3. Show history of Naruto's birth.
4. Show white fang (kakashi's father) in action. Why? It gives us a reason as to why Kakashi must be a genius.
5. others listed in previous topics and discussions.

Something to this degree would be nice. Fillers would be the best and most opportune time to get history out of the way. I hate fillers where they go off on some distant tangent that totally destroy's the story line e.g. Kenshin.

Any fillers that we see in the anime are going to be made up on the spot and won't pertain to any part of the actual Naruto storyline. They will be like that stupid race filler we had pre-roof battle. They aren't going to provide us with any information regarding the past of an important character. Kishimoto isn't going to put anything in the anime that the manga-only readers would miss out on.

It would be nice to see some of those histories come to light, but anything that important won't be in the anime if it wasn't in the manga first. And, again, I don't want to see them as arcs or even flashbacks all at once, they can show us periodic flashbacks that gradually fill us in as the story progresses, which is what we have gotten so far with the Sannin.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

I'm not, but now I'm curious as to why you think that?

Another Edit for Kakashi
If Heretic and I were the same, I'd be a huge ass for coming on and asking a question and then answering it as another user later on. So, we're not the same.

EDIT additions

Actually we've heard so much on the sannin lately I almost forgot all about Shi/Yondaime Hokage I also wouldn't mind finding out more about the First and Second as well. It also seems that everyone from the Sannin generation and older don't have surnames (family names).. I wonder why that is? Now, I don't expect to see any of this in filler obviously, but hopefully somewhere in the main story line, or maybe a Movie that Kishimoto does himself. I've always like Prequels, except the first 2 starwars prequels, 3 wasn't too shabby though.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Here's another question about Orochimaru. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a substantial possibility that Orochimaru has obtained his tailed demon from akatsuki and then decided to leave without helping the others in order to pursue the sharingan? A friend of mine was pointed out that the way the cursed seal works coupled with the appearance of its users makes it quite likely that it's power source is actually from a demon contract.

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, we don't know much about Orochimaru's past, and judging from his bodily abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Hanyou (Half Demon). I mean....he sure as hell ain't human...well, he does take human bodies...but...humans also don't have snakes in their throats with swords.... I dunno, maybe.

Strider
Wed, 06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't think Orochimaru has one of the nine legendary demons. If he did, wouldn't the Konoha takeover gone over a bit more smoothly? If the Akatsuki members are each after their own demon, there are only eight now .. why bother with replacing Orochimaru's position if there's one less prize to go around for the lot of them? Too many things wouldn't make sense.

It'd also be a cheap copout for his character. They said he was a genius for the era, which Sarutobi stated. He's a Sannin, like Jiraiya and Tsunade, of his own right.

EDIT: "one less prize". Forgot the 'e' for anyone who was quick enough to catch the mistake.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
Well, we don't know much about Orochimaru's past, and judging from his bodily abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Hanyou (Half Demon). I mean....he sure as hell ain't human...well, he does take human bodies...but...humans also don't have snakes in their throats with swords.... I dunno, maybe.

That would make Kidoumaru, Sakon, and Yoroi's/Kabuto's teammate semi-demons as well.. It is true that the show isn't realistic, but as far as characters like those go, it does seem a little off the wall, even relative to everything else.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:35 PM
or maybe he was given snake powers or something...who knows?

Yondaime
Sun, 06-12-2005, 07:28 AM
i believe orochi' snake like powers come from the bloodline ...since in the last anime episodes jiraiya mentions something about orochi's father....who setup the castle like that...so i guess Orochi's father was a snake breeder....just like Shino and his famile who have insects inside of them...orochi could be one of those type.

RasenDori
Sun, 06-12-2005, 09:15 AM
then how do you explain anko? she cant be from the same family

Rhanfahl
Wed, 06-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, maybe when Orochi was in that female body, he made Sally, ere...Shirly, wait, what the fuck's his name? Oh yeah, Kabuto make some whoopie pie with him? Out pops Anko...yuck.

Edit:

Actually, maybe it was a bunch of shit Manda taught him? You know, him being the head honcho snake-god-summon-thing?

ChaosK
Thu, 06-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
then how do you explain anko? she cant be from the same family

didnt they say anko was like orochimaru's cousin? when she was with the 3rd after she came out of the forest he was like "you cannot be blamed for your cousin's actions" or something of the sort.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:07 AM
It'd be nice to learn more about her, but we'll probably never see anko again, unless the anime needs more filler. It's ever-hungry for filler.