PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Psyke
Mon, 05-23-2005, 02:12 AM
Post whatever pics of your kits here! Though I think not many of you guys buy the model kits......

Here are some pictures of my Seed models.

http://img265.echo.cx/img265/927/psykegundam16gx.jpg

http://img265.echo.cx/img265/7356/psykegundam26yd.jpg

http://img265.echo.cx/img265/5296/psykegundam33er.jpg

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:37 AM
wow, no seed destiny i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif?

Psyke
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Yet to get any kits from Destiny but they're next on my shopping list! Looking forward to sword impulse which is to be released soon.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 10:34 AM
im getting freedom MG 1/100
gouf ignited HG 1/144
wing custom MG 1/100
sword impulse 1/100
astray red frame 1/100
gunner zaku warrior (luna) HG 1/144
and prolly force impulse 1/60 if i have enough cash then

will be getting em by end of june

Psyke
Mon, 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
That's quite a lot at one go. Should be able to last you for quite some time if you are going to air brush them. I've thinking of getting the MG 1/100 Wing Custom as well, but will probably do that after I've started the Destiny series. You should get the RX-78 (One year war version). I've got it and it's great. Feels like a 1/100 perfect grade with lots of articulation.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
first...i don't think seed's units are really that pretty...
second.....plz fix the wings for freedom.....you mixed up with the layers of the wings....
front wing should go on top to cover the railgun
second layer is in the middle
like this:
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/DSC02852.JPG

and i can tell....you are not a very good modelist and ..........you donno how to put pose....=.=b
btw...for taking pic for models...i suggess you take them one by one....and have few close up pics

Mut
Mon, 05-23-2005, 12:20 PM
And I can tell... You're not a very good poster and........ You don't know how to not be a dickhead.

Souryusen
Mon, 05-23-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't even like Gundam W but I think I may try this kit. (http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban923714.html) I love the redesign of the original Wing Gundam.

SKY_SO_BLUE
Mon, 05-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Nice Model Collection you have there PSYKE. ^_^

Only Seed Model I currently have is MG Freedom and MG Aile Strike. Also anyone know if they gonna release a MG version of Force Impulse? =D

Curium
Mon, 05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Unfotunately they will probably waste an MG on Force Impulse.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
Nice Model Collection you have there PSYKE. ^_^

Only Seed Model I currently have is MG Freedom and MG Aile Strike. Also anyone know if they gonna release a MG version of Force Impulse? =D

actually...it's not really a good thing to buy those HG Seed models unless you are trying to do scenes...MGs are better for displays and easier for starters...if you ask me....PG 1/60 are the easiest....the hardest experence i had was to build a 1/144 no grade strike full weapon system

and the chance that they will release MG Force Impulse is really low....since their 1/60 Impulse is so unpopular...(the price is lowered to 1000yen already.....)

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
And I can tell... You're not a very good poster and........ You don't know how to not be a dickhead.
well...i am just telling the truth...he didn't do enough line work and knife work to make the model to look good...
i am guessing he only used the gundam lining marker to do the lining....and even so...he didn't do all the detailed lines...
only thing i will say is better is that he did remember to do a little fix to the skirts

Guardian_2000
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:02 PM
A MG Force Impulse would sell alot better than the crap they put in 1/60th scale. If it had been a true PG then it would have sold better. I tend to stay away from the non grades since they tend to lack detail.

Well looking at the Freedom you posted. The modeller of it isn't much better. Use a better source if you are gonna give tips.. Then again it could just be the camera that makes it look that way.. If you wanna see some classy models check out Peck World.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
A MG Force Impulse would sell alot better than the crap they put in 1/60th scale. If it had been a true PG then it would have sold better. I tend to stay away from the non grades since they tend to lack detail.

no...the problem is...Bandai usually use the 1/60 and HG 1/144 to judge should they release the MGs
cuz it takes a lot of money to hire katoki

Guardian_2000
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I gotta see your source on this since many MG never even see 1/60. Most serious modellers avoid HG unless the model isn't out in MG. Then again G-System are some of the craziest.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:15 PM
I gotta see your source on this since many MG never even see 1/60. Most serious modellers avoid HG unless the model isn't out in MG. Then again G-System are some of the craziest.

yes..a lot of the MG are not released by 1/60..but that's the case in SEED and the HGs are where the put most of the attention...but 1/60s are also part of the "servey"

actually....about the part with serious modelist, you are wrong.....they usually use 1/144 no grades/HGs, because 1/144 no grades or HGs are harder to customize and better for scene re-makes...MGs are what they usually avoid

to be very honest.....MGs are made for lower class modelists....cuz even a 7~8 year old kid can make a MG look good...but it takes greater skill to make a 1/144 HG or no grades to look good

P.S. if you classify modelist from 1>10(1 is the best)
i am prolly only at 5~6....

Guardian_2000
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Well then we classify our modellers differently. I consider serious modellers the ones that go after the models where more skill is needed. Generally the model kits that have a higher number of parts and more complexity to them with all the added details. You just don't really find that in the HG or smaller suits. PG being the models of the most serious and diehard modellers. I only opened my PG after I had done a ton of HG then MG. If I want something cheap to put together I'll go with the HG or lesser. There are a few non grade tho with resin parts and customized parts for the MG that add some cool stuff. Even some of the HG conversions bring an extra level of complexity and fix the crappy detail of the kits. There is a reason why they put that skill level on the english boxes. But as I said what you and I consider modelling and the level of a modeller are different things.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Well then we classify our modellers differently. I consider serious modellers the ones that go after the models where more skill is needed. Generally the model kits that have a higher number of parts and more complexity to them with all the added details. You just don't really find that in the HG or smaller suits. PG being the models of the most serious and diehard modellers. I only opened my PG after I had done a ton of HG then MG. If I want something cheap to put together I'll go with the HG or lesser. There are a few non grade tho with resin parts and customized parts for the MG that add some cool stuff. Even some of the HG conversions bring an extra level of complexity and fix the crappy detail of the kits. There is a reason why they put that skill level on the english boxes. But as I said what you and I consider modelling and the level of a modeller are different things.

um....did anyone tell you before that the "skill rated" thingy on english boxes are not exactly right? PG is the the highest level....^^|||
yes...more parts are harder...but doesn't mean it takes more skill...just more time....why did i say it takes more skill to make HG/no grades? cuz they are lack in details....you have to make your own parts to make it look good...on the other hand....MG/PG are way too detailed, so you can't really customize them....the real skill is to make a model good looking with your own hand made parts.....
if you did read the dengeki hobby before....you will find a lot of the models/scene re-makes in the first 50pages...
nearly all of them are made out of no grades!!

the modelist rating:
HG>MG>PG>HG>GK>no grades>Creat a GK yourself

Mut
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C
well...i am just telling the truth...he didn't do enough line work and knife work to make the model to look good...
i am guessing he only used the gundam lining marker to do the lining....and even so...he didn't do all the detailed lines...
only thing i will say is better is that he did remember to do a little fix to the skirts
Okay, then instead of telling him he sucks, tell him what he can do to become a pro like you.

Jesus christ.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Okay, then instead of telling him he sucks, tell him what he can do to become a pro like you.

Jesus christ.

i can't see the models in person...how the heck am i going to tell him what exactly he should do....gosh...=.=b
all i can say is spend more time on knife work and sanding work....lining is the final step of the whole model...

Psyke
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:57 PM

For your info PTX all my kits are Air Brushed and sanded with hobby sand paper and cut with a hobby knife. The only thing I did not do is to use putty.

And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version.

As for the Freedom's wings I just put them up wrongly for display for this photo taking session. All my models are kept in boxes because I do not have enough place to show them all till I get my own apartment next year. So, I do not need to FIX IT.

And yeah, PTX tell me how to be a pro like you if you think all I do is use Gundam Markers. One look at the colours and you should be able to see that I've used different colours to spray them.

Thank you to the rest for the nice words. Will post up pics of my other MG kits once I have the time.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

For your info PTX all my kits are Air Brushed and sanded with hobby sand paper and cut with a hobby knife. The only thing I did not do is to use putty.

And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version.

As for the Freedom's wings I just put them up wrongly for display for this photo taking session. All my models are kept in boxes because I do not have enough place to show them all till I get my own apartment next year. So, I do not need to FIX IT.

And yeah, PTX tell me how to be a pro like you if you think all I do is use Gundam Markers. One look at the colours and you should be able to see that I've used different colours to spray them.

Thank you to the rest for the nice words. Will post up pics of my other MG kits once I have the time.

umm....airbrushing is not the main point..i don't really care you air brushed or dry brushed...and i was just guessing about the marker part...i said that earlier
but it's quite true you didn't do enough lining work....=.=|||

"And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version."

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs....

sorry if you think i am dissing you....but i do think you need more knife work on the models...
and about the blitz....i suggess you to cut the clows apart and re-joint them with metal joints, it will look way better.

Btw.....i see a MG strike there...but that Freedom is no grade, right?(can't really see...too far).

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
I don't even like Gundam W but I think I may try this kit. (http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban923714.html) I love the redesign of the original Wing Gundam.

^^ that is wing custom

@ptx

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs

freedom really doesnt look as good in hg as the mg version, really, and i think he meant to say that there arent ne SEED kits in mg other than freedom strike and strike rouge (which there arent)

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow

^^ that is wing custom

@ptx

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs

freedom really doesnt look as good in hg as the mg version, really, and i think he meant to say that there arent ne SEED kits in mg other than freedom strike and strike rouge (which there arent)

that's not wing custom, it's wing Ver. Ka, which only appeared in the novel....

honestly....i think the HG is actually better than the MG freedom.....if you pay more attention to the MG...it's legs are too short and the chest is still a little too big...which that doesn't appear in the HG, customing the HG will actually look better than the MG freedom....

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 07:57 PM
i said custom because its a CUSTIMIZED version of wing isnt it, its a redesign by katoki, i KNOW that

and man you must be tripping, the mg freedom has a katoki'ish design, which have the longer sleeker appearance, and the wings are oversized ( which looks 10000X better then ne other freedom)

http://www.plajapan.com/images/gallery/freedom3c.jpg

too short?? i dont think so

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:01 PM
i said custom because its a CUSTIMIZED version of wing isnt it, its a redesign by katoki, i KNOW that

and man you must be tripping, the mg freedom has a katoki'ish design, which have the longer sleeker appearance, and the wings are oversized ( which looks 10000X better then ne other freedom)

http://www.plajapan.com/images/gallery/freedom3c.jpg

too short?? i dont think so

it's not customized....it's just Ver. Ka...

and...i think you are the one tripping...=.=b
i said HG, not no grade...

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:18 PM
what the hell do you think katoki does?? make a entirely NEW gundam out of scratch??? NO, he takes a gundam as a reference, and then does a redesign of some part, includes new parts, excludes some old part, its just like modding a car, or a computer case, you can call its VER. whatever, you still took something that already existed and modded it into something different

and ok:
1/100 freedom:
http://www.plajapan.com/images/gallery/10031951a.jpg

sry looks even shorter, and the bigass wings on mg freedom cant be beaten

1/144 HG freedom:
http://www.plajapan.com/images/gallery/10031599t2.jpg
looks just as short as the 1/100 one

and short wings suck

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:22 PM
what the hell do you think katoki does?? make a entirely NEW gundam out of scratch??? NO, he takes a gundam as a reference, and then does a redesign of some part, includes new parts, excludes some old part, its just like modding a car, or a computer case, you can call its VER. whatever, you still took something that already existed and modded it into something different

and ok:
1/100 freedom:
http://www.plajapan.com/images/gallery/10031951a.jpg

sry looks even shorter, and the bigass wings on mg freedom cant be beaten

1/144 HG freedom:
http://www.plajapan.com/images/gallery/10031599t2.jpg
looks just as short as the 1/100 one

and short wings suck

better if it has no wings....
i said i hate big wings....
i was talking about the legs are too short...i have both MG and HG freedom...
if you actually let them stand straight, you will find the problem...MG freedom's legs are just a little too short
and also i told you...CUSTOMED HG
it is us modelist's job to make a HG look better than MG

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:25 PM
well thats your opinion then, mine is that i like the KA style, sleek, and if it has guns, wings or thrusters, make em BIG ( i love things with wings)

and also i thought MG have more/better points of articulation, that alone makes a MG better

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
well thats your opinion then, mine is that i like the KA style, sleek, and if it has guns, wings or thrusters, make em BIG ( i love things with wings)

and also i thought MG have more/better points of articulation, that alone makes a MG better

cuz you don't custom them.....
customizing toys is the whole point of modeling!!
MG is only for fast and good displays....
but if want to make a good model, HG is still better
no matter you are talking about skills needed or time that's going to be used
it takes more time to custom a HG than a MG
and result will be customed HG will look better than a MG
making a small and lack-in-detail model to look better than MG, that's called SKILL!!!

honestly....i really dislike the new designs.....too sleek and with unlogical weapons....huge wings and huge thrusters doesn't make sense either
what that kind of "chicken legs" physically the unit won't be able to actually stand up on two feet
wing's weapons doesn't make any sense..you cannot fire a beam that is bigger than your exit but go in a complete parallau line(sorry for bad spelling)
wings...like in other post, i said already...the wings are useless!!
huge thrusters......the bigger the thruster is, the heavier the unit is..the more power it need to escape gravity...so that's not a smart move at all

Curium
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:33 PM
and the chance that they will release MG Force Impulse is really low....since their 1/60 Impulse is so unpopular...(the price is lowered to 1000yen already.....)

Where is this? I don't particullarly care for Impulse, but 1/60 scale for $10 is hard to pass up.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:37 PM
that maybe skill, but i wonder, how the hell can you up 18 points of articulation to 35+??, without destroying the toy that is??, i mean than you are basically building a new thing right?

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

Where is this? I don't particullarly care for Impulse, but 1/60 scale for $10 is hard to pass up.

a place called Japan?

that maybe skill, but i wonder, how the hell can you up 18 points of articulation to 35+??, without destroying the toy that is??, i mean than you are basically building a new thing right?

isn't it pretty obvieus that we just dumb the wings away and make a whole new one out of PVC boards?=.=|||
we always do that....basically rebuild the whole model with PVC boards and putty
result is the model will usually be taller than the original size
cuz we usually make the legs longer, sharpen the chins and reshape or even remake the whole shoulder armor and head....

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:41 PM
1/60 Force Impulse Gundam
$59.99

like ptx said, you will prolly have to be in japan yourself to find an offer like that

Curium
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:41 PM

a place called Japan?

No need to be sarcastic. You know perfectly well I meant online.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:42 PM
1/60 Force Impulse Gundam
$59.99

like ptx said, you will prolly have to be in japan yourself to find an offer like that

my fd imported few of them for the sake of buying cheap plastic....hahahaha
only 1000yen....it's a good way to buy customing parts and material to make models.....

dude...i am talking about yen price...of course i am talking about japan, not online

Souryusen
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:43 PM

^^ that is wing custom

Yeah, the Katoki remake of Wing is one of the more badass designs out there. It looks like it could just rip every other MS apart with its bare hands.

I'll get back to everyone with a review of the kit if I decide to have a go at it.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:45 PM

^^ that is wing custom

Yeah, the Katoki remake of Wing is one of the more badass designs out there. It looks like it could just rip every other MS apart with its bare hands.

I'll get back to everyone with a review of the kit if I decide to have a go at it.

i must say, the novel version is the only once that i have slightly more intrested in than TV/OVA
the idea of making heavyarm's machine gun firing real bullets is way better than beam bullets....

Curium

dude...i am talking about yen price...of course i am talking about japan, not online

So you are saying that Japanese stores don't sell stuff online? Just because it is Yen doesn't mean it can't be online. You could have just said it was in Japan only, not available online.

darkshadow
souryusen, that is exactly what i though when i saw it first i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, it really looks like some sort of im-a-destroy-you-with-style!, katoki did a great job on that 1

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:52 PM

So you are saying that Japanese stores don't sell stuff online? Just because it is Yen doesn't mean it can't be online. You could have just said it was in Japan only, not available online.

not many japanese like to sell their stuff to other countries(apart from big company)
small stores/yahoo bid....90% of the time they don't offer shipping to other countries
that's common sense

darkshadow
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:02 PM
souryusen, that is exactly what i though when i saw it first , it really looks like some sort of im-a-destroy-you-with-style!, katoki did a great job on that 1

in addition sandrock katoki version also looks really cool ( i want a kit of it but cand find it)

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/katoki/xxxg-01sr.jpg

and no this is the tv version custom, not the endless waltz version
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/endlesswaltz/xxxg-01sr2.jpg
^^endless waltz

Deblas
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I have the endless waltz one. I have three model kits but I just build them and left them like that. I want them to look more realistic, so I could use some pro help on how to do it.

PTX-003C
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:10 PM
it's only novel version.....not tv customed
and there IS model for that novel version

Guardian_2000
Tue, 05-24-2005, 08:10 AM
PTX you crack me up sometimes with the way you analyze stuff. I thought I was a bit of a unique thinker but you take the title on that one. There are lots of japanese stores online that sell in yen and will even convert to the US dollar. Or you can exchange your money online for the equivalent and pay in yen. And when you are talking about modellers there aren't many serious ones like you. Alot of the people in here have been going against what you've been saying. So you can take majority for what it is that your views on what needs the most skill and what modellers prefer to build as your own view.

Personally I like the room, scale and size of the MG and PG kits. They allow you for much more customization. You can get detailed beyond belief going even beyond the armor down the the servos and wires. You just can't afford the room that a MG and especially a PG offers you. Sure it takes alot of skill to make a HG or many no grades upto the quality of a MG or PG. But it takes skill to improve on the MG and HG as well. You can rebuild your HG models all you want, but as said you're gonna have a tough time with such small pieces even just getting the articulation down of the higher quality models.

HG are for modellers who can't afford to play with the bigger and better model kits while still offering quality that many no grades don't have. When you start playing with resins in that scale then you get abit more challenge. You need to actually visit some modeller forums and get your facts straight. After alil while in there you will see which models people find to be the most challenging and which need alot of skill to make look alot better than what they give you in the box.

Just cause I want to treat you guys to a guy with real skill. I'm maybe got half the skill of what this guy has. He put up some tutorials not to long ago which have proved useful. You prolly gonna need a translator thou.

http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/

His BAZ project is especially awesome. I love his Kampfer Zwei as well.
http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/bazproject/bazp.htm

Jurojin
Tue, 05-24-2005, 10:24 AM
God, it would take so long to do a full listing of every gundam I have bought and assembled. Most of them are 1/144 scale, though all of my seed and seed destiny 1/144's are all HG's.

Wing:
1/144 of
Wing
Wing Zero
Wing Zero Custom
Sandrock
Heavyarms
Deathscythe
Deathscythe Hell
Deathscythe Hell Custom
Shenlong
Altron
Epyon
Meracius(spl)
Valk...(spl, you know what I mean)

1/100 of
Death Scythe
Wing
Tallgeese III*(forgot this one)

PG
Wing Zero Custom (It's my baby :X)

UC:
(all 1/144)
Gundam
Gundam Alex
Guncannon
Gelgoog
Rick-dom
Hy-gogg
Kampfer

Gundam Seed
1/144 HG of:
Aiel Strike Gundam
Ginn
Aegis
Duel
Blitz
Buster
Freedom
Justice
Forbidden
Raider
Strike Rouge Gundam +IWSP

1/100 of
Aegis

Gundam Seed Destiny:
1/144 HG of
Force Impulse
Sword Impulse
Gaia (unassembled, been busy >_&gti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SD versions of
Strike Gundam (with all the packs! just in SD form i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)
Wing Zero Custom
(forgot name of the stolen gundam from Stardust Memory, but that one.)

*phew* that took a few minutes....

I don't -think- I'm missing anything of what I should have on my list....

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-24-2005, 01:47 PM
PTX you crack me up sometimes with the way you analyze stuff. I thought I was a bit of a unique thinker but you take the title on that one. There are lots of japanese stores online that sell in yen and will even convert to the US dollar. Or you can exchange your money online for the equivalent and pay in yen. And when you are talking about modellers there aren't many serious ones like you. Alot of the people in here have been going against what you've been saying. So you can take majority for what it is that your views on what needs the most skill and what modellers prefer to build as your own view.

Personally I like the room, scale and size of the MG and PG kits. They allow you for much more customization. You can get detailed beyond belief going even beyond the armor down the the servos and wires. You just can't afford the room that a MG and especially a PG offers you. Sure it takes alot of skill to make a HG or many no grades upto the quality of a MG or PG. But it takes skill to improve on the MG and HG as well. You can rebuild your HG models all you want, but as said you're gonna have a tough time with such small pieces even just getting the articulation down of the higher quality models.

HG are for modellers who can't afford to play with the bigger and better model kits while still offering quality that many no grades don't have. When you start playing with resins in that scale then you get abit more challenge. You need to actually visit some modeller forums and get your facts straight. After alil while in there you will see which models people find to be the most challenging and which need alot of skill to make look alot better than what they give you in the box.

Just cause I want to treat you guys to a guy with real skill. I'm maybe got half the skill of what this guy has. He put up some tutorials not to long ago which have proved useful. You prolly gonna need a translator thou.

http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/

His BAZ project is especially awesome. I love his Kampfer Zwei as well.
http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/bazproject/bazp.htm

i must say.....customizing MG and PG are really simple compare to HGs.....cuz they are too big....and too detailed...not many things you can do apart from remake the whole thing...but HGs has way more flexability....not to mention HGs has more models in the first place, but because it's smaller, that's why it takes way more skills to work with it...i don't understand why will you guys think PG is the hardest.....i find PG really simple apart from a little time spending.....but i find way more challenge with customizing a HG..because you have to makee the whole body frame and the extra parts yourself .....which are mostly provided in MG or PG already
biggest example for that are the joints.....PG and MG's joints are near perfect already....what's the point of doing anything more.....but look at HG...their joints are not really moveable...that's why we customize them..ever saw a no grade 1/144 G-Gundam crossing arms like the MG 1/100? that's what you called skill

Guardian_2000
Tue, 05-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Well actually there are some 1/144 nonames that are at or beyond MG quality so yea I've that kind of detail on the lesser scale models. Resin kits for the most part. So basically if I get what you are saying you serious modellers like playing with the smaller tighter HG line since there is lack of detail, crap articulation, and improper scale. You get to show more skill by bringing it upto about a MG quality? Why not challenge yourselves like most other modellers and surpass even what you find in MG like those models in Peck World. Doing the same stuff with MG or even PG allows so much more freedom and real estate to play with. You can really go nuts with the minute details you are able to show. Do you actually take off the armor plating and show the frames on your HG? Maybe I just like knowing my models manipulators can be used without tweezers.

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Well actually there are some 1/144 nonames that are at or beyond MG quality so yea I've that kind of detail on the lesser scale models. Resin kits for the most part. So basically if I get what you are saying you serious modellers like playing with the smaller tighter HG line since there is lack of detail, crap articulation, and improper scale. You get to show more skill by bringing it upto about a MG quality? Why not challenge yourselves like most other modellers and surpass even what you find in MG like those models in Peck World. Doing the same stuff with MG or even PG allows so much more freedom and real estate to play with. You can really go nuts with the minute details you are able to show. Do you actually take off the armor plating and show the frames on your HG? Maybe I just like knowing my models manipulators can be used without tweezers.

that's the problem...MGs and PGs are way too detailed...it's very hard for anyone to do anymore changes...because they are already near perfect...nothing is needed to be changed...that's why we go back to HGs and no grades...which will give more fun and able to show our skills

SKY_SO_BLUE
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:02 PM
I think changing a HG models DOES requires handfull of skills to make it into a MG level, but I ALSO think that making a MG/ PG even better (although it's near perfect) into something beyond what it's already is would be a greater challenge to Modelers.

As for me I stopped buying HG models and stick with MG, because I find them more challenging to built and the extended amount of time it takes to finish the product. =D

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:23 PM
I think changing a HG models DOES requires handfull of skills to make it into a MG level, but I ALSO think that making a MG/ PG even better (although it's near perfect) into something beyond what it's already is would be a greater challenge to Modelers.

As for me I stopped buying HG models and stick with MG, because I find them more challenging to built and the extended amount of time it takes to finish the product. =D

i only agree with MGs has more detail and stuff....but since it's too close to perfect...it's really hard to find anything that's needed to be added....and MGs are way too stright forward....only thing needed is time...which is not much of a challenge...

in the other hand....it's way more challenging to make HG able to move like MGs...

also remember one thing...the basic is always the highest level

SKY_SO_BLUE
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:29 PM

i only agree with MGs has more detail and stuff....but since it's too close to perfect...it's really hard to find anything that's needed to be added....and MGs are way too stright forward....only thing needed is time...which is not much of a challenge...

Than you have to use your thoughts and imaginations in making the MG even better now.. don't you? ^_^

But, whatever your opinions on whichever you think is more "CHALLENGING" is up to you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:31 PM

Than you have to use your thoughts and imaginations in making the MG even better now.. don't you? ^_^

But, whatever your opinions on whichever you think is more "CHALLENGING" is up to you.

even you make someone near perfect perfect...not many ppl will notice it...
so i think not much of a point to do more stuff on the MGs apart from the basic stuff...

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:32 AM
"And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version."

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs....

sorry if you think i am dissing you....but i do think you need more knife work on the models...
and about the blitz....i suggess you to cut the clows apart and re-joint them with metal joints, it will look way better.

Btw.....i see a MG strike there...but that Freedom is no grade, right?(can't really see...too far).

I meant that Strike Rouge was the only one not out in the 1/100 HG, and if it was released I would not have gotten the MG version. I actually got my Strike Rouge in Japan because it was cheap there.

I'm not a pro modeller, and my fellow modelling friends always say I like to rush, but I'm still pretty happy with my collection. Thanks for your ideas on Blitz, but I'm too lazy to modify stuff like that.

As for your later comments on the HG/144 kits I do agree that they are harder to complete and require more skill from the user, but one of the reasons the MG kits are so popular are because of the additional parts as well as the inner frame for some of the Gundams. This allows more customization as well as posing compared to the HG parts.

PTX-003C
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:45 AM

I meant that Strike Rouge was the only one not out in the 1/100 HG, and if it was released I would not have gotten the MG version. I actually got my Strike Rouge in Japan because it was cheap there.

I'm not a pro modeller, and my fellow modelling friends always say I like to rush, but I'm still pretty happy with my collection. Thanks for your ideas on Blitz, but I'm too lazy to modify stuff like that.

As for your later comments on the HG/144 kits I do agree that they are harder to complete and require more skill from the user, but one of the reasons the MG kits are so popular are because of the additional parts as well as the inner frame for some of the Gundams. This allows more customization as well as posing compared to the HG parts.

well...bandai DIDN'T release 1/100 HG for SEED...that's for sure....either HG 1/100 , no grade 100 and MG 1/100
i donno where did you popup with the idea of HG 1/100...^^b
but if talk about HG strike....why spend the money .....just buy a strike and paint it red...there you go, strike rouge

i agree on the part that MG's inner frame is attractive, but HG 1/100 can do that too if you cuztomize them.^^

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:57 AM
All the Seed models I have (less Rouge) are all HG kits. Yes I know it does not have any grades on the box but it's widely accepted as HG grades in the shops where I bought them. So, the no grade 100 models you mention are the HG 1/100 grades I said.

I thought of doing what you said for Rouge, but like what I said it was really cheap when I saw it and I was attracted by the base, that's why I bought it. Would have loved to get the MG Freedom but I've already got the HG versions way before the MG was announced. I've got friends who still refuse to buy Justice Gundam because they are hoping for the MG version to be released.

SKY_SO_BLUE
Wed, 05-25-2005, 08:00 AM
MG Justice Gundam would be really cool to have =D

DDBen
Wed, 05-25-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm curious if I was to pick up a freedom which would be better?

Gundam Seed 1/60 Big Scale Model:
ZGMF-X10A - Freedom Gundam (Bandai)

or the

Master Grade 1/100 Gundam Seed Model:
ZGMF-X10A - Freedom Gundam (Bandai)

I'm just overall curious if the 1/60th scale models are better then the 1/100 master grade kits. Note both kits cost the same amount which leads me to believe the Master grade kit is a much higher quality piece.

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes, the MG is much more detailed and is actually re-designed. Check the previous posts for pictures with comparisons. The MG version also comes with a stand for you to pose your Freedom Gundam. For me I would buy the MG version, but if you can paint the 1/60 model it would look great too if you added your own stencils and shadows.

Guardian_2000
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.

DDBen
Wed, 05-25-2005, 03:04 PM
I"m lazy so if I bother I'll go with the Mastergrade freedom Kit. I just picked up the eternal for no other reason then its a really neat model with justice, freedom and providence along with both meteor units and all of the random guns and launching bays in a 1/1700 scale model. I'm also tempted on the archangel kit that can be built and painted as either the Archangel or the Dominion (which would of course require obtaining 2 such kits).

also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)

Deblas
Wed, 05-25-2005, 03:54 PM
But MG's cost more, don't they. That's the prize you pay for being lazy I guess.

DDBen
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
But MG's cost more, don't they. That's the prize you pay for being lazy I guess.

as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.

darkshadow
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
then get the MG, really

SKY_SO_BLUE
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I think getting the MG would be a better choice also.

Anyone planning on getting the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam?

PTX-003C
Wed, 05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.

you know...making a MG to a PG is way easier than making a HG to a MG....so not much skills are needed...
for MG to PG, all that is needed is just to add a little extra joints on the feet and fingers....that's simple like hell...
cuz the real main difference for PG and MGs are just the armor lines and some joints that MG can't perform easily due to it's size....

Originally posted by: DDBen
also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)

there's a HG 1/144 for strike rouge, it's a strike rouge+I.W.S.P.
and there is also strike rouge custom kit for PG 1/60 strike (I.W.S.P. unit) by B-club

Originally posted by: DDBen
as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.

but in impulse's case..it's different...the 1/60 is cheaper than a HG 1/144 impulse...lol!!!

darkshadow
Wed, 05-25-2005, 08:14 PM
i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price

Curium
Wed, 05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price

We've already been over this (with PTX being rude I might add). He said the price is only available in some stores in Japan if you go there in person.

NomoZ
Wed, 05-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Anyone planning on getting the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam?

After seeing episode 28 I want to...same with blast impulse

SKY_SO_BLUE
Wed, 05-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Hahahah i see i'm not the only one that is interested in this model! ^^

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Sword Impulse is being released this month. You can definately expect Blast Impulse soon, but I feel that either Abyss or Gaia will be released before that.

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Sword Impulse is being released this month. You can definately expect Blast Impulse soon, but I feel that either Abyss or Gaia will be released before that.

i donno.......cuz oil's price is going up and bandai is really rushing other models like strike impulse and infinite justice..kinda doubt they will release it....even they release...it's going to near the end or even after destiny ended

We've already been over this (with PTX being rude I might add). He said the price is only available in some stores in Japan if you go there in person.

not some stores...is bandai's offical price

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:07 AM
HG kits released this month:

1/100 Zaku Warrior + Blaze & Gunner

http://img266.echo.cx/img266/1369/ban934099box7cz.gif

http://img266.echo.cx/img266/8919/ban9340993xm.jpg

1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam

http://img281.echo.cx/img281/3439/ban932131box3ee.gif

http://img281.echo.cx/img281/2316/ban9321315lp.jpg

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:17 AM
HG kits released this month:

-skip-

i must say again....those are NOT HGs....they don't even reach the level of HGs....
their scales are not proper: chests are too big: legs are too short: feet are too huge and fat: heads are too big....i can find no reason why will people think it's a HG....it's just a horrible piece of crap that bandai uses to rob money from idiots .....

of course...you will wanna buy it if you wanna use it as modeling parts or customize to a MG level.....
but i wouldn't do that....it's just a waste of time....working on a HG is better

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Ok I will say again as well..... Yes they are not labelled as HGs but they are at least categorised as HGs in all model shops, be it online model shops or at your local shops.

I don't think they are as bad as you say, and the HG kits you are talking about are only 1/144, which like what was discussed before lacks detail and requires more effort.

I'll still get them and it's not a waste of time and money (for me at least).

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:12 AM
Ok I will say again as well..... Yes they are not labelled as HGs but they are at least categorised as HGs in all model shops, be it online model shops or at your local shops.

I don't think they are as bad as you say, and the HG kits you are talking about are only 1/144, which like what was discussed before lacks detail and requires more effort.

I'll still get them and it's not a waste of time and money (for me at least).

then clearly, the stores are WRONG!!
offically there are no 1/100HG for seed
and if you pay attention to the details i said , HG 1/144 is way better than the no grades 1/100

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:54 AM
and if you pay attention to the details i said , HG 1/144 is way better than the no grades 1/100

You need a lot more effort for 1/144 kits. Having to use masks all the time is very tiring as well, as most of the 1/144 kits come with lesser parts, which means you have to use masks and spray several layers to achieve different colours on a single piece.

And yes 1/144 has more variety and also some of the Gundams which the No grade kits have (such as Calamity, Raider and Forbidden), but I would still prefer the 1/100 kits as they are bigger, easier to pose and more importantly easier to color and to paint. This is of course my own preference and I am in no way saying the 1/144 are inferior. I wish I can take pictures of the 1/144 kits in a model shop I go to but photography is disallowed. The store owner is the resident champ of the Annual Gundam Modelling Competition here where I live. I've thought of enrolling for lessons but it's kinda expensive......

SKY_SO_BLUE
Thu, 05-26-2005, 07:52 AM

i must say again....those are NOT HGs....they don't even reach the level of HGs....
their scales are not proper: chests are too big: legs are too short: feet are too huge and fat: heads are too big....i can find no reason why will people think it's a HG....it's just a horrible piece of crap that bandai uses to rob money from idiots ....

Well I think the 1/100 Sword Impulse looks FINE to me... (And seeing this, if they ever realease a MG version of an Impulse I'm betting it will look thinner+ even better) And also in my opinion as well is that I think the 1/100 Seed/ Destiny models look like a larger version of the 1/144th models. But this is just my opinion..

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:11 AM
All this time I thought Athrun's first zaku was the exact same model as Diakka's... I'm glad to see he at least have one of his own.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:20 AM
psyke plz find me te sandrock custom ( non endless waltz), its too damn cool to pass up

edit: i found 2 stores here in amsterdam!!!, they at least have the 1/100 chaos, im gonna check there NOW hahaha

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:36 AM
psyke plz find me te sandrock custom ( non endless waltz), its too damn cool to pass up

The KA version is not made into any kits yet. So far only the Wing Zero ver. KA has been made into a MG. Sad, but I can scan some pictures of the KA versions if you want it. (You'll have to wait as my books are not kept at my house) : )

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:01 AM

You need a lot more effort for 1/144 kits. Having to use masks all the time is very tiring as well, as most of the 1/144 kits come with lesser parts, which means you have to use masks and spray several layers to achieve different colours on a single piece.

And yes 1/144 has more variety and also some of the Gundams which the No grade kits have (such as Calamity, Raider and Forbidden), but I would still prefer the 1/100 kits as they are bigger, easier to pose and more importantly easier to color and to paint. This is of course my own preference and I am in no way saying the 1/144 are inferior. I wish I can take pictures of the 1/144 kits in a model shop I go to but photography is disallowed. The store owner is the resident champ of the Annual Gundam Modelling Competition here where I live. I've thought of enrolling for lessons but it's kinda expensive......

geez...you don't always use masks...you just cut the pieces apart, paint them then use wires to hold them back together.....
and the 1/100 are just too bad for any performence if you ask me....it's really a waste of money

The KA version is not made into any kits yet. So far only the Wing Zero ver. KA has been made into a MG. Sad, but I can scan some pictures of the KA versions if you want it. (You'll have to wait as my books are not kept at my house) : )

if i am not mistaken, all 5 ver.Ka are made into models long time ago...=.=b

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:21 AM
You'd rather cut the pieces than use a mask? I'm pretty surprised by what you said here and please you all of us some of your work then. Judging from your posts you must be an avid modeller of the 1/144 series.

As for the Ver KA I'm 100% sure only Wing was made into MG. The rest of the KA versions never even made it to HG or MSIA. Who would want to buy a Deathscythe without the wings it had in Endless Waltz?

DDBen
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:33 AM
for me the best place to go for pictures of the models and to find out the orignal Japanese prices is www.hlj.com though do note the shipping is usually insane and all items are listed in yen for cost and shipping (they do say approcimate US cost as well on the price)

Also do note ungraded 1/100 models are NOT High grade kits they are simply ungraded ones this can be seen in a 1/100 that has black lines and large pieces vs individual pieces the rating is simply based on the number of parts to the model.

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:36 AM
You'd rather cut the pieces than use a mask? I'm pretty surprised by what you said here and please you all of us some of your work then. Judging from your posts you must be an avid modeller of the 1/144 series.

As for the Ver KA I'm 100% sure only Wing was made into MG. The rest of the KA versions never even made it to HG or MSIA. Who would want to buy a Deathscythe without the wings it had in Endless Waltz?

cuz cutting them into pieces also allows you to change the sizes of the armors, you can also re-arrange them a bit so you can make the legs/arms longer

i am dead sure all 5 were out
but not in whole box model...
it's made by B-club i think...they are all custom parts for HG 1/144

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:46 AM
cuz cutting them into pieces also allows you to change the sizes of the armors, you can also re-arrange them a bit so you can make the legs/arms longer

Some times cutting them into smaller pieces mean a LOT of additional work. For eg. For Strike Gundam's Aile striker unit it comes with black and red on a single piece right? No problems with MG as it comes with 2 pieces but for other kits you need to mask 1 of the color, take out the mask and repeat for the other color. So there is no point in any re-arrangement, and you will find that a lot of work/masking is to be done for 1/144 kits. I used to buy Gundam Wing 1/144 models but got so tired of having to mask/cut pieces I gave the kits away instead. But like what I mentioned there are people who can make 1/144 models look better than MG models.

I don't know much about the variations/custom parts from B-Club, but I do know that Bandai did not release any ver KA models of Gundam Wing other than Wing Zero. I buy the official Bandai Gundam model catalogue every year and have never seen them before.

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
WING GUNDAM ZERO MasterGrade 1/100
worked & written by papamodeler

This MG Wing Zero Custom looks great. Gotta get this and replace the HG one I bought years back.

http://img162.echo.cx/img162/9707/064jk.jpg

http://img162.echo.cx/img162/9284/070cf.jpg

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:54 AM

This MG Wing Zero Custom looks great. Gotta get this and replace the HG one I bought years back.

just to tell you....
this whole wing is remade by PVC boards....not from the model...

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:00 AM

Some times cutting them into smaller pieces mean a LOT of additional work. For eg. For Strike Gundam's Aile striker unit it comes with black and red on a single piece right? No problems with MG as it comes with 2 pieces but for other kits you need to mask 1 of the color, take out the mask and repeat for the other color. So there is no point in any re-arrangement, and you will find that a lot of work/masking is to be done for 1/144 kits. I used to buy Gundam Wing 1/144 models but got so tired of having to mask/cut pieces I gave the kits away instead. But like what I mentioned there are people who can make 1/144 models look better than MG models.

I don't know much about the variations/custom parts from B-Club, but I do know that Bandai did not release any ver KA models of Gundam Wing other than Wing Zero. I buy the official Bandai Gundam model catalogue every year and have never seen them before.

B-club stuff are pretty nice too...(if you have enough skills)
also try out the G-generation stuff...(it's a shop..not the game)

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
It's from the MG model. The only enhancements were to the wings which were reshaped using either a heater/hair dryer.

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
It's from the MG model. The only enhancements were to the wings which were reshaped using either a heater/hair dryer.

it's not...
cuz you can tell by the thickness......the bandai wings are not that thin...they used a PVC board to remake the wings...

Jurojin
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Has anyone else noticed that both the 1/144 HG and the 1/100 scale versions of the Aegis, as well as the 1/144 HG Duels rifles dont fit very well into the hands?

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:16 AM

it's not...
cuz you can tell by the thickness......the bandai wings are not that thin...they used a PVC board to remake the wings...

Yes the only enhancements were the wings. More wings were added apart from what's given in the MG box. But the body and rest of the other parts are from the MG kit (other than the custom stand of course).

Jurojin:

Yah for the Aegis that I have.... the rifle doesn't fit well too. Don't really understand why as the hands were not part of the transforming parts which were really filmsy to begin with.

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:31 AM

it's not...

Yes the only enhancements were the wings. More wings were added apart from what's given in the MG box. But the body and rest of the other parts are from the MG kit (other than the custom stand of course).

Jurojin:

Yah for the Aegis that I have.... the rifle doesn't fit well too. Don't really understand why as the hands were not part of the transforming parts which were really filmsy to begin with.

if i am right...he basically took off all the wings and remade them with PVC boards....
the hands are from B-club....i suspect he did some changes to the knee cap too...
and in general...this model is slimmer and taller than the original one....
but no matter what...i hate wing zero custom....stupid wings!!!!

Guardian_2000
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Okay after reading the big amount of posts some info on grades and scales since it looks like some people are confused.

HG = Bandai's 1/144 line of suits that are within a certain quality and amount of parts
MG = Bandai's 1/100 line of suits that are of a higher quality than HG "more detail, better proportions, larger size, more articulation" and more parts
PG = Bandai's 1/60 line of suits. Highest grade and best quality. Amazing articulation, multiple layers to strip armor, posability, details are incredible, an insane amount of parts.

Now you can have models that are of different scales 1/48, 1/60, 1/100, 1/144, and even higher for the larger type stuff. Now these model kits that are not of the grades listed above can have various levels of quality. I've seen 1/144 that out of the box compete with a MG just they are smaller. There are 1/60 models that are god ugly compared to a MG. There was a question about purchasing a model just earlier like this. Models that are not bandai's official line don't get the HG, MG, or PG tag and don't belong in that category. If you got a 1/100 in the HG section its probably there just because of its lower quality. Its not really a HG.

For me personally I stay away from the lower quality models. If it can't compete with a decent quality HG I don't buy it. I like posability, and accuracy in my models. If I wanted to show skill in modelling while having a low budget I'd get the HGs like PTX here. If I really want to do something crazy and amazing. I'll open up one of my MG and goto town. I haven't even dared trying to improve on a PG since I really gotta get better before attempting that. Those are some expensive models to have a hobby with. Modelling in my opinion has alot to do with what kind of money you have as well for what models you put together. If everyone could afford to get MG and PG whenever they'd be building them more than the HG. Alas things don't work out that way.

Note: If its Bandai's official store that has that low price. You have to be able to get it online for that price. Since they accept orders over the phone last I knew. And people have even bought models online directly from bandai I think. But I haven't heard about that for along time so things could of changed. Its real easy to check on that price thou.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:34 PM
w0000t i just came back and FINISHED my HG 1/100 sandrock custom !! ( endless waltz )
man i like it, they are getting freedom en wing custom next month!!, man im so happy there's a store nearby me i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif ( and psyke yeah i would love to c scans of the KA vers.

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Okay after reading the big amount of posts some info on grades and scales since it looks like some people are confused.

HG = Bandai's 1/144 line of suits that are within a certain quality and amount of parts
MG = Bandai's 1/100 line of suits that are of a higher quality than HG "more detail, better proportions, larger size, more articulation" and more parts
PG = Bandai's 1/60 line of suits. Highest grade and best quality. Amazing articulation, multiple layers to strip armor, posability, details are incredible, an insane amount of parts.

Now you can have models that are of different scales 1/48, 1/60, 1/100, 1/144, and even higher for the larger type stuff. Now these model kits that are not of the grades listed above can have various levels of quality. I've seen 1/144 that out of the box compete with a MG just they are smaller. There are 1/60 models that are god ugly compared to a MG. There was a question about purchasing a model just earlier like this. Models that are not bandai's official line don't get the HG, MG, or PG tag and don't belong in that category. If you got a 1/100 in the HG section its probably there just because of its lower quality. Its not really a HG.

For me personally I stay away from the lower quality models. If it can't compete with a decent quality HG I don't buy it. I like posability, and accuracy in my models. If I wanted to show skill in modelling while having a low budget I'd get the HGs like PTX here. If I really want to do something crazy and amazing. I'll open up one of my MG and goto town. I haven't even dared trying to improve on a PG since I really gotta get better before attempting that. Those are some expensive models to have a hobby with. Modelling in my opinion has alot to do with what kind of money you have as well for what models you put together. If everyone could afford to get MG and PG whenever they'd be building them more than the HG. Alas things don't work out that way.

Note: If its Bandai's official store that has that low price. You have to be able to get it online for that price. Since they accept orders over the phone last I knew. And people have even bought models online directly from bandai I think. But I haven't heard about that for along time so things could of changed. Its real easy to check on that price thou.

you know what?
like i say all the time.....don't start a hobby unless you are sure you can affort all the tools and nesseseries...

Mut
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Nobody listen to PTX-003C, he's just trying to keep you down. Go have fun with your models.

Astronopolis
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:36 PM
PTX PLEASE... STOP....... TYPING ........ LIKE......... THIS........

PTX-003C
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis

but it's true.....
a normal hobbylist will tell you that right away...
"if you don't have enough money, don't start the hobby"
cuz you will end up being a half decent only...which is worst than not knowing at all....

if you guys can't accept the truth...i really can't help it..

Deblas
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Holy Shit!!..Look at that!!...And I'm still trying to raise money to get the MG Freedom!!

PTX-003C
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:09 AM

Holy Shit!!..Look at that!!...And I'm still trying to raise money to get the MG Freedom!!

if you ask me....MG S or MG Sashabi looks cooler.....cuz no freaking wings!!!
i just hate units with wings....cuz their models cost more money for few pieces for flat pieces

DDBen
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:48 AM

but it's true.....
cuz you will end up being a half decent only...which is worst than not knowing at all....

I fully disagree with you hear. I'm sorry but a hobby is something you do for fun. If your obsessed about every freaken detail it becomes work and I for one don't need another job. I can buy a model slap it together and enjoy it without spending the next month studying episodes frame by frame to make sure every single cm of it is perfect.

I'm really sorry you have so little to do with your time that you feel the need to not only micromanage your own life by wasting days of your life making sure everything is perfect. However for those of us who like to do things casually there is no reason for you to insult everyone with your worthless elitest additude.

Do note this is a nonspell checked rant as its late and frankly I simply don't care enough to bother right now.

and as far as this goes if someone wants to buy a $5 kit snap it together and say this is a hobby they enjoy then so be it. No hobby has to be expensive unless your some obsessive compulsive freak with nothing better to spend money on then avoiding the real world.

please note that if someone wants to spend money and time on something they enjoy more power to them I'm simply irritated by people who feel the need to force what they do down other peoples throats.

Curium
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:17 AM

but it's true.....

First, Astronopolis was talking about the way you type. You use sentance fragments followed by the "..." rather then real sentances. I think it is annoying him.

Now to my point, you REALLY need to work on you attitude. I would like to be able to work on models and make them "perfect". However I know my limitations. I don't have the skill, supplies, or money to make every model into a PG (I know I'm exaggerating a little). On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the best I MIGHT be a 70 on a good day. I take the parts off the plastic trees and snap them together like the instructions say too. That is it. I see the pictures of models other people do online and wish I could do that, but I know I can't. Heck, I don't even always get the pegs that hold the parts on the tree completely off. All that, and it doesn't matter 1 bit. I enjoy putting the models together and having them around afterwards.

I am a true hobbyist. I do something with my free time I enjoy just for the shear enjoyment of it.

YOU are an obsessive compulsive freak that can't understand real life. Nobody is perfect at anything, and just naturally some people are not as good as others. Your need to automatically insult and/or attack everyone that doesn't happen to be as "dedicated" as you just shows your luck of reason.

PTX-003C
Fri, 05-27-2005, 02:10 AM
i know noone is perfect...but i do think if you try to do a thing...either make them perfect or just give up...that's my policy...and i think really....if not enough money...don't even start it...or a half decent thing will be worst than nothing...if i do go into one hobby or anime, i will really go detailed on every single parts... that's how life should be...detailed on everything...that's why you can tell ...my life is only on few experties, i gave up chasing bands and stars since 5 and had my life into anime...if you going to start anything...make it perfect...also, i think collection andd hobby are basically different things.....hobby is something you can actually work on and collection is basically just on the money and luck...

also...it's definitely not work...the whole point of the fun is to make them absolutely perfect with all the skills you have...then you absorb more and try again...until it's really perfect to everyone...

last, i think hobby is basically something you do whenever you are not working for your living...it's a part of your life...not just free time...if you are just doing them in free times...i don't really call that hobby, i call those messing around...

P.S. sorry for these "..."s....it's just my chatting style on the net....can't really help it...i do it whenever i am thinking for next sentense...

Guardian_2000
Fri, 05-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Sadly then your hobby will lead you to an emptiness since you will never become perfect at modelling. Perfect is something unattainable. You only play with HG and trying to improve on them. You don't try to be perfect and make MG and PG even better than they are. How can you be a true perfectionist in this case?

You constantly contradict yourself and make statements that rarely hold any ground. I think before you start thinking on your next sentence you should reread the one your on and evaluate your post as a whole before hitting that button to post it up.

Do you classify yourself as a hobbyist? It seems with all your talk you are trying to play yourself up as a perfectionist when you only can afford to work on HG or no grade models. If you really did want a challenge and a test of skill you would be working with MG and PG trying to make them even better. Other than this I can't figure you out. Your points are off the wall and are constantly lacking.

Psyke
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Here are the version KA models of the Endless Waltz Gundams. Only Wing Gundam was made into a kit, the rest didn't make it.

http://img183.echo.cx/img183/8610/ka13xe.jpg

http://img183.echo.cx/img183/1148/ka21eb.jpg

As for the topic concerning PTX, the last thing I wish to say is that my modelling skills are far from perfect. I've still got a long way to go and a whole lot to learn and explore. Yes, I strive to improve but will I ever be perfect? And do I really care about being perfect? All I know is that I'm having fun doing the models and the sense of satisfaction I get whenever I complete a model is enough for me to carry on having modelling as a hobby.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

darkshadow
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:25 AM
i know noone is perfect...but i do think if you try to do a thing...either make them perfect or just give up...that's my policy...and i think really....if not enough money...don't even start it...or a half decent thing will be worst than nothing...if i do go into one hobby or anime, i will really go detailed on every single parts... that's how life should be...detailed on everything...that's why you can tell ...my life is only on few experties, i gave up chasing bands and stars since 5 and had my life into anime...if you going to start anything...make it perfect...also, i think collection andd hobby are basically different things.....hobby is something you can actually work on and collection is basically just on the money and luck...

also...it's definitely not work...the whole point of the fun is to make them absolutely perfect with all the skills you have...then you absorb more and try again...until it's really perfect to everyone...

last, i think hobby is basically something you do whenever you are not working for your living...it's a part of your life...not just free time...if you are just doing them in free times...i don't really call that hobby, i call those messing around...

P.S. sorry for these "..."s....it's just my chatting style on the net....can't really help it...i do it whenever i am thinking for next sentense...

man STFU!!!....

and psyke THX alot man, damn now that i saw deathscythe and heavyarms and sandrock ( lol actually all of em), its a real shame they didnt make that into a kit i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, i hope bandai will someday realise ppl want those i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PTX-003C
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Sadly then your hobby will lead you to an emptiness since you will never become perfect at modelling. Perfect is something unattainable. You only play with HG and trying to improve on them. You don't try to be perfect and make MG and PG even better than they are. How can you be a true perfectionist in this case?

You constantly contradict yourself and make statements that rarely hold any ground. I think before you start thinking on your next sentence you should reread the one your on and evaluate your post as a whole before hitting that button to post it up.

Do you classify yourself as a hobbyist? It seems with all your talk you are trying to play yourself up as a perfectionist when you only can afford to work on HG or no grade models. If you really did want a challenge and a test of skill you would be working with MG and PG trying to make them even better. Other than this I can't figure you out. Your points are off the wall and are constantly lacking.

i do have a few MGs and a PG GP-01 and Zeta.......but i find no challenge in them at all...not to mention they are way too close to perfect that it doesn't really allow people to customize them, but HGs and no grades have more choice, i can find a lot of the units that were never released in MG/PG...scene re-making is my main target for all the models i have...sadly i just don't have enough space here in canada to let me work on the stages and display them...all my scene works are still left behind in HK

and thosee 5 ver.Ka are B-club parts...they are really cheap...why not try to get one are customize them onto your model......i believe is around 3000~5000yen only

darkshadow
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
where ca i find these parts ( cause my store doesnt hav eem )

PTX-003C
Fri, 05-27-2005, 06:48 PM
where ca i find these parts ( cause my store doesnt hav eem )

no normal stores will order them
you must go to japanese hobby stores to order them..
or maybe you can order from Hobby Japan

Astronopolis
Fri, 05-27-2005, 07:16 PM

but it's true.....

DUDE THE SERIES OF PERIODS AFTER EVERY THING YOU SAY IS IRRITATING, PLEASE USE PROPER PUNCTUATION

Edit: sorry didnt notice your post there Curium, thank you for clarifying for me

PTX-003C
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:33 PM
yay~~finally out!!!
buying it for sure....
http://www.1999hobbysearch.com/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10043202a.jpg
http://www.1999hobbysearch.com/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10043202.jpg

RB-79K Üüë,08MSŠH
áü«ü  Ð?À¤
¹±üë  1/100
·êüº  Þ¹¿ü°ìüÉ(MG)
z?å  2005t5 ì
š¡  \2,400

http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586378bMwyj.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586379NpEHO.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586380jqw24.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586381k3t12.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586382799er.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586383sW13t.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586384cOxzk.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/5863850D781.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586386F57bI.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/5863870Y3TV.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586389cG5Tc.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/5863886u8Bo.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586394oAjlw.JPG
http://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto/imgFiles/personal/586391JK013.JPG

Psyke
Sat, 05-28-2005, 02:33 AM
If you scroll down fast enough you can see Lacus spinning around...... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Anyway, the Ball looks good, and has more parts than the original Ball.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 05:03 PM
lol u guys should get Strike from GS with all 3 armors. Then mix up the armors, i have a sword strike with launcher cannon and aile boosters i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PTX-003C
Sat, 05-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
lol u guys should get Strike from GS with all 3 armors. Then mix up the armors, i have a sword strike with launcher cannon and aile boosters

simple...just buy HG strike and no grade sword strike and launcher strike...

Psyke
Sun, 05-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Just got my copy of the July issue of Dengeki Hobby! Here are the a few of the latest Destiny pics inside....

http://img73.echo.cx/img73/3561/psygun17el.jpg

http://img73.echo.cx/img73/6406/psygun26an.jpg

http://img73.echo.cx/img73/2121/psygun30gu.jpg

http://img73.echo.cx/img73/1668/psygun49sv.jpg

http://img73.echo.cx/img73/5841/psygun52xj.jpg

Psyke
Sun, 05-29-2005, 09:30 AM
One more pic......

No Dearka..... and Lunamaria looks like a tomboy.....
http://img97.echo.cx/img97/1001/seed0qr.jpg

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:50 AM
That is just too cute. I'd kill for the Yzak & Heine ones.

And the Talia plushy is like "Do your fucking work, bitches!"

Awwww!

Also PTX if you're gonna flood the whole damn page with pics at least make sure they aren't almost identical...

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-29-2005, 12:12 PM
that freedom and destiny are only no graders......no point buying...

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sun, 05-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Wow that 1/100 Scratch Build Strike Freedom is really impressive =)

Just waiting for the MG anytime now... ^_~

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Wow that 1/100 Scratch Build Strike Freedom is really impressive =)

Just waiting for the MG anytime now... ^_~

how can you call that piece of crap impressive...=.=b

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sun, 05-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Because:

It's not literally CRAP!
It's your OPINION that you think it doesn't look all that GREAT...
As you said before, you don't like "wings" on Gundams, but maybe someone else likes it!
What have YOU DONE that is BETTER than this so called "CRAP"?
Why don't you just STFU and leave everyone opinions open?

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Because:

It's not literally CRAP!
It's your OPINION that you think it doesn't look all that GREAT...
As you said before, you don't like "wings" on Gundams, but maybe someone else likes it!
What have YOU DONE that is BETTER than this so called "CRAP"?
Why don't you just STFU and leave everyone opinions open?

i won't call something that's completely out of ratio acceptable...
i can only find the word trash to discrible it...it's just a product to rob money off "smart" ppl like you...

As much as I like the fact that you are an active poster, at the same time I consider you to be one of the worst posters ever. It all started when you first registered and made a thread that included an image which displayed Japanese text. When you told people that it's they're problem they can't read Japanese, I told you to drop that type of attitude. You cannot go to a thread without waving your "Elite Gundam boy" banner around, trolling on pretty much every subject while making sure that people know you think you are above everyone else when it comes to anything related to Gundams. And then, little more than a week ago, a moderator told you to fix your 'know-it-all' attitude and you've done nothing to improve. I'm getting tired of reading threads that are plastered with your elitist views. I'm contemplating on just skipping the warnings and handing out the temp bans for you but I won't only because you're an active member. Don't make me change my mind. User has been given a warning.

GotWoot Moderator

Kryzalid
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:33 AM
man... u guys rilli need 2 work on teh extra stuff like finelining, sanding, repolishing etc. For me, it takes about a week to finish a 1/100 MG. Most of the time wasted is waiting for the damn paint to dry off completely....

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-31-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by: Kryzalid
man... u guys rilli need 2 work on teh extra stuff like finelining, sanding, repolishing etc. For me, it takes about a week to finish a 1/100 MG. Most of the time wasted is waiting for the damn paint to dry off completely....

yea...those spends a lot of time....mine took like 3 months....due to my laziness and trying to make like 3 models at once...^^|||
i am glad i don't use putty anymore....so i don't need to wait for putty to dry and srink....(instead...i am using AA+babypowder now...^^b)
fine lining is important...but suggess to glue up all the parts before sanding and polishing

Optimaximal
Tue, 05-31-2005, 04:41 AM
that freedom and destiny are only no graders......no point buying...

You really are a twat who thinks he knows all... They're both scratchbuilds from existing MG kits...

as you can see...

Example of the Strike Freedom -
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/lovamato/456.JPG

I don't see you building entire kits out of plasticard now PTX i/expressions/rolleye.gif

and reading through this entire thread, im REALLY surprised at the masses of misinformation being spread...

1) there are 1/100 High Grade kits for both Seed and Destiny. They no longer write it on the boxes but they are officially recognised by Bandai as such in their product codes. They also have identical engineering to the 1/144 kits, so in essence they are HG in all but name.

2) stop fucking confusing the No Grade articulation-less 1/144 kits with the High Grade ones...
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN933917 - High Grade 1/144 Abyss (you can *just* make out the HG in the top left of the box)
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932133 - No Grade piece of shit Zaku Phantom

Notice how the price differs by about 1000 Yen...

edit - sorry, feeding the troll... my bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Guardian_2000
Tue, 05-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Can you give me a link to one of those 1/100 HG models. I have not yet seen anything official especially since everything I've heard about HG is that they are supposed to be 1/144 scale. So if you are gonna post that please post something to show it truly is a HG. Calling something HG and something equal are different. I'd just like to see a 1/100 HG it would be interesting.

PTX I thought you stayed away from MG since they weren't challenging but you're getting a Ball. I wouldn't blame you. I'm waiting on my preorder.

darkshadow
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:13 PM
gundam wing endless waltz 1/100 models are HG ( it says so on the box)

Guardian_2000
Tue, 05-31-2005, 01:31 PM
nice thanks for the info. I suppose those would be the ones to see 1/100. They were way to small compared to normal mobile suits. I remember those model kits now. Not that bad. I forget why that line was made. There wasn't really MG quality so they had to call them HG. Probably will stick to the HG 1/144 thou. Although these look alil better maybe. Hmmm. Leave it to Gundam Wing to break the rules.

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Can you give me a link to one of those 1/100 HG models. I have not yet seen anything official especially since everything I've heard about HG is that they are supposed to be 1/144 scale. So if you are gonna post that please post something to show it truly is a HG. Calling something HG and something equal are different. I'd just like to see a 1/100 HG it would be interesting.

PTX I thought you stayed away from MG since they weren't challenging but you're getting a Ball. I wouldn't blame you. I'm waiting on my preorder.

cuz ball was never out in HG/no grade...i am not sure was it out in EX grade tho...

You really are a twat who thinks he knows all... They're both scratchbuilds from existing MG kits...<<<

i made a mistake on the strike freedom..i appologize, but no matter how i look at that destiny...it's telling me it's only a no grader...

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/DSC03438.JPG
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/DSC03437.JPG
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/DSC03439.JPG
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/DSC03441.JPG

for those who watched kenshin should notice this tech
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/DSC03442.JPG

don't tell me i am not finished or they are not perfect...i know that....
these are made in canada(=not completely finished)...the better once are all in HK

darkshadow
Thu, 06-02-2005, 06:06 PM
a big lacus fan i c.....

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-02-2005, 06:16 PM
a big lacus fan i c.....

not exactly big.....i post some pics of my figures in the topic "my tiny collection"
and the figures are not that important in this pic...^^b
(does anyone remember where is that pose of freedom from?)

darkshadow
Thu, 06-02-2005, 06:20 PM
thats when he slashes saviour, but you're still a lacus fanboy i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
thats when he slashes saviour, but you're still a lacus fanboy

well...i don't deny i am a lacus fan....(especially when my name is Kira, but is Kazami Kira, not Yamato....^^|||)
then do you remember the pose of G gundam?
HINT: one of kenshin's move

darkshadow
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:06 PM
kenshin has alot of teqs.........so i dunno ne more, its not do ryu tsen, wel i really dont know

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
kenshin has alot of teqs.........so i dunno ne more, its not do ryu tsen, wel i really dont know

not exactly that many...less than 15 as i remember

Guardian_2000
Fri, 06-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Well you stated they aren't finished so we can't give real critique on the models besides finish them. One day in the future when you do manage to actually finish a model in canada post up pictures. I really wanna see these HG that you make look like MG or better.. I gotta get myself a scanner or digital camera one of these days. Lacus collection we've seen. In a recent showing of the latest Destiny and Strike Freedom models it has been confirmed Lunamaria will pilot Impulse.

I also didn't know that the HG Freedom and Strike came with that base. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

But also I saw the model Dom Trooper. And its an HG, could it be the Destiny Dom or a mispelling of Trophen. I can't think of a Dom Trooper in UC.

PTX-003C
Fri, 06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Well you stated they aren't finished so we can't give real critique on the models besides finish them. One day in the future when you do manage to actually finish a model in canada post up pictures. I really wanna see these HG that you make look like MG or better.. I gotta get myself a scanner or digital camera one of these days. Lacus collection we've seen. In a recent showing of the latest Destiny and Strike Freedom models it has been confirmed Lunamaria will pilot Impulse.

I also didn't know that the HG Freedom and Strike came with that base.

But also I saw the model Dom Trooper. And its an HG, could it be the Destiny Dom or a mispelling of Trophen. I can't think of a Dom Trooper in UC.

there's this thing called Rickdom in UC....=.=|||
and i showed that pic is just for the new pose i put up....^^b

Guardian_2000
Fri, 06-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Thats still a Rick Dom not a Dom Trooper. See I don't recall any sort of Troopers in UC especially not Dom Troopers. There is the Trophen or however you spell it. But still this could mean that the Destiny variant is called a Dom Trooper. Interesting atleast. lol

Didn't follow that last line. Which pic you showed? You put up several and each had a pose. I was more curious about your models on a ramp that is for the MG version of Strike. Did they get a HG version somehow. There are HG of Strike and Freedom so you wouldn't have bought the MG versions.

PTX-003C
Fri, 06-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Thats still a Rick Dom not a Dom Trooper. See I don't recall any sort of Troopers in UC especially not Dom Troopers. There is the Trophen or however you spell it. But still this could mean that the Destiny variant is called a Dom Trooper. Interesting atleast. lol

Didn't follow that last line. Which pic you showed? You put up several and each had a pose. I was more curious about your models on a ramp that is for the MG version of Strike. Did they get a HG version somehow. There are HG of Strike and Freedom so you wouldn't have bought the MG versions.

those are MGs their joints are pretty cool...i love them..^^
if they are HGs...i will use wires...

well...those doms are just a renew version of rickdoms....i am looking forward to three doms showing up at once...lol!!!

SKY_SO_BLUE
Fri, 06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
You bought the MG Freedom and MG Strike just for the joints? LOL..

PTX-003C
Fri, 06-03-2005, 06:26 PM

..........is there a problem?
it's the first time they try this kind of joints...

http://forums.gotwoot.net/i/avatars/KenAva.gif
this is the tech i was talking about from kenshin

Souryusen
Fri, 06-03-2005, 07:57 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Souryusen/Souryusen1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Souryusen/Souryusen2.jpg

Word.

PTX-003C
Fri, 06-03-2005, 10:40 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Souryusen/Souryusen1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Souryusen/Souryusen2.jpg

Word.

bingo~

Guardian_2000
Sat, 06-04-2005, 10:38 AM
See thats what I don't get about you. You give this speech about its better to go with the HG and customize them showing your perfect skill then you go and buy MG cause they are easier with their articulation.

PTX-003C
Sat, 06-04-2005, 01:32 PM
See thats what I don't get about you. You give this speech about its better to go with the HG and customize them showing your perfect skill then you go and buy MG cause they are easier with their articulation.

dude....i am talking about customizing is better on HG...but i am not going to customize everything i get...am i?
not to mention i am not a pro yet...and i don't have that much time either....
and new MGs joints are always perfect....it's good to buy a few to learn from it...^^

Jonathan-san
Mon, 06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
im thinkin about making a couple model kits. whats better to get 1/60 scale 1/100 scale or 1/144 scale? i want it to be very detailed and i want it to be challenging, i dont want it to be super easy...

darkshadow
Mon, 06-06-2005, 04:15 PM
self editing, go for ptx suggestions, otherwise, get 1/100 MG's, very detailed, and alot of parts, will keep you busy awhile

Guardian_2000
Mon, 06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Just starting out I'm gonna suggest going with the cost effective solution and get some HG then as you get better you can play with MG 1/100 kits or get a HG and try customizing it to roughly MG quality. And finally you've got getting a PG which is the 1/60 which is extremely detailed. And trying to get the MG and PG looking better is a long and really challenging job. I've seen some insane work done by a modeller. I posted that link to peckworld. You can get crazy customizing the MG and PG. But starting off for a beginner I'd suggest HG. Best of luck.

ZGMF X10A
Mon, 06-06-2005, 07:38 PM
ok after i came on this site i have some grudges

PTX i dont know if you know, but i think u are seriously a dickhead

why the hell are you discouraging model kit enthusiaists?
who cares if they are wrong? they only do it cuz they think its cool and the admire the show they watch

some people dont want to customize or airbrush or detail or put decals or remake the whole frickin kit
stop being so dense some people do this for fun not to be all uber an think they are all high and mighty cuz they have skills

if ur such a good model builder, why dont u make POSITIVE comments to your fellow forum members and not
be a frickin model nerd that knows everything and everything has to be said the OFFICIAL way
we're not frickin burecrats

I tried one of those 144 scale no grades bought it for 2 bucks at a failing k-mart
its a bitch ok i know
it is harder to make it look good and stuff

but u dont HAVE to make it cool

i seen some model builders do it for display, to ADMIRE what the model represents in the show.
some do it to play with i know that sounds retarted but there are some that do
some do it to display it in their room even if they didnt do the best job
and theres u the frickin perfectionist

not everyone goes for perfection, some go for enjoyment and just the sheer pride
that they have something from a show they enjoy to watch.

I think all this technicality bs ppl such as him should make SUGGESTION topics where they can train
noobies and beginners to make it a much more enjoying time, rather than a time where they get compared to everything

this isn't a frickin model builder's convention where people compete to have the best looking or best customized.

thats all i have to say and i hope people start talking less hostile to each other

after all, we ARE Gundam Fans

ZGMF X10A
Mon, 06-06-2005, 07:40 PM
sorry for double posting but PTX i think u are a good modeller since u know all this technical stuff and knowledge

just dont criticize a lot of people!!!!

and others wont criticize you

PTX-003C
Mon, 06-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: ZGMF X10A
sorry for double posting but PTX i think u are a good modeller since u know all this technical stuff and knowledge

just dont criticize a lot of people!!!!

and others wont criticize you

i never find why people will build them for fun or something...modeling is an art....to make it perfect is the goal(even it's impossible)

and...about your training part...i don't really see the point, cuz
A, some ppl are just not planning to do the model normally ....they think it's just "fun" which i really can't accept myself...
B, it is rather hard to teach without a person being around or having a DC
C, i learned all the skills just from hobby japan...=.=b i don't see much point telling you what to do...just buy whole bunch of kits and do tests on them and you wiill find the way

Deblas
Tue, 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
No, Its for fun.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
i dont really know whats going on here but i model for:

1. fun
2. its cool to see your creation (you feel quite proud onces its done
3. showing off

thats pretty much it. And even though some of you might not think perfecting it is fun and think that PTX is getting too uptight about it, trust me, the more work you put into something (in this case modeling) the better you feel about it when its done. I have a MG freedom from gundam seed which i bought a year ago and i'm still tweaking it every now and then to make it look better, i hope you dont consider me obsessed with modeling just because i want it to look as good as possible, which is PTX's point here. ZGMF X10A, if you like gundam seed so much to make your name the factory code of freedom, then i think you'll understand that making a gundam look good, is essential for some, and others (beginners) might not want to put as much time into it.

Jonathan-san, i recommend you go for HG 1/100 scale. (the 1/144 scales used to piss me off because they were so small and no offense but i dont think your ready for a 1/60.

PTX-003C
Tue, 06-07-2005, 07:09 PM
i dont really know whats going on here but i model for:

1. fun
2. its cool to see your creation (you feel quite proud onces its done
3. showing off

thats pretty much it. And even though some of you might not think perfecting it is fun and think that PTX is getting too uptight about it, trust me, the more work you put into something (in this case modeling) the better you feel about it when its done. I have a MG freedom from gundam seed which i bought a year ago and i'm still tweaking it every now and then to make it look better, i hope you dont consider me obsessed with modeling just because i want it to look as good as possible, which is PTX's point here. ZGMF X10A, if you like gundam seed so much to make your name the factory code of freedom, then i think you'll understand that making a gundam look good, is essential for some, and others (beginners) might not want to put as much time into it.

Jonathan-san, i recommend you go for HG 1/100 scale. (the 1/144 scales used to piss me off because they were so small and no offense but i dont think your ready for a 1/60.

i am still working on my MG RX-78-2 Ver 1.5......it's already half a year...and i only finished with the arms and legs....i am still screwing around with the body parts.....kinda busy drilling holes recently...^^b
already drilled over 12 holes inside the chest armor....=.=|||

i think HG 1/144 is better for him, since HG is good for beginers and experts...it's the best scale and detail for customize or beginers....^^

btw...talk about factory codes....anyone notice where's my name from^^

Deblas
Tue, 06-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't want to show off but, It took me three days too finish my HG Heavy arms custom.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-07-2005, 07:46 PM
i am still working on my MG RX-78-2 Ver 1.5......it's already half a year...and i only finished with the arms and legs....i am still screwing around with the body parts.....kinda busy drilling holes recently...^^b
already drilled over 12 holes inside the chest armor....=.=|||

i think HG 1/144 is better for him, since HG is good for beginers and experts...it's the best scale and detail for customize or beginers....^^

btw...talk about factory codes....anyone notice where's my name from^^

1. no i dont know where your names from
2. i thought 1/100 would be better only because when i was a beginner, i was more proud of my bigger projects than the little ones. Also, he looks like a guy that would like some ego inflation.

PTX-003C
Tue, 06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't want to show off but, It took me three days too finish my HG Heavy arms custom.

time was never the real problem...
if without customizing, sanding and painting...if just count knife work and building...1.5 hour is more than enough.....if with customizing and all the crap...3 days is definitely not enough..it takes a week at least...

DraGunZer0
Wed, 06-08-2005, 03:00 PM

these are made in canada(=not completely finished)...the better once are all in HK

Just wondering, but which version of Freedom did you buy? I'm planning on buying the MG Freedom and the Perfect Grade Wing Zero (yea I'm a rapper.... LIES!) but I want to make sure that the MG Freedom is the same one you have because yours looks awesome.

PTX-003C
Wed, 06-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0

Just wondering, but which version of Freedom did you buy? I'm planning on buying the MG Freedom and the Perfect Grade Wing Zero (yea I'm a rapper.... LIES!) but I want to make sure that the MG Freedom is the same one you have because yours looks awesome.

my freedom is MG
but i don't suggess PG w0, i think GP-01 is better

darkshadow
Wed, 06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
what does it matter if "gp-01" is better??? he wants Wings Zero NOT gp-01

PTX-003C
Wed, 06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
just giving a choice for a better model instead of W0

and just to show some pic of a strike
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/6a/ca/188c688a1781e0e2da0f1aaf7f65e299.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/50/4c/b471d50939f0858533464f09c46f8f02.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/09/8c/f8e16b70423b9f23a714d0d563b80a19.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/75/72/16e68b7a6e6016ac51494aa8ff4ff0d9.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/47/5d/69041acff01958b3b07028c4d95a6c30.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/17/6f/04393bbd40b59c6d79477339d1c1dcaa.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/1f/03/95969a33e40e234be0c64d0e14fd3809.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/3b/06/07c0472db8b0d199d6ab575843e88b47.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/25/80/c0c1cc6e7a86aaeba88f149747ebd682.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/40/39/fc5d10a09e69317c19b726850f4879b5.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/41/0b/95e4cd8e546f2f590480db02ecf1d333.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/12/f9/8682a8d2ac9feb23c173bc410f31a657.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/2d/14/2c5ee748283590daec3d7530212042e4.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/33/5e/eb6ae071f12ccf3ddf4e85ea50a0ef43.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/3a/c1/aa71ef5503bfaca55729a99ecb440267.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/10/04/be1a83c67325cb56c062a9a2f6bec5d2.jpg
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/7d/ef/815cb57ddc3d937aabd1db3981389ecc.jpg

darkshadow
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:58 AM
isnt that the msv wisp strike or something?

Guardian_2000
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:22 AM
yes. And I wish people would stop quoting images its annoying seeing the same crappy pics over and over. Plus it would be nice if the images were links instead of just embedded images that way the people with slower connections don't have to wait as long. I have a T1 and it took a sec or two to load all that crap. I've seen that strike from some site before. It was pretty cool.

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:20 AM
yes. And I wish people would stop quoting images its annoying seeing the same crappy pics over and over. Plus it would be nice if the images were links instead of just embedded images that way the people with slower connections don't have to wait as long. I have a T1 and it took a sec or two to load all that crap. I've seen that strike from some site before. It was pretty cool.

it's a PG strike my fd made

Guardian_2000
Thu, 06-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Friend as someone you know personally or just talk online. I am trying to find the website again. It was a few months back thou and I never bothered to bookmark after saving the images.

Found some more images. Guess I could call him my friend too.
Strike (http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/31/eb/22beb77a7c3f7fa0e85981b681b6b20b.jpg)

Blog Site (http://blog.goo.ne.jp/alpha623/e/bc72ff6e2d874389127fa4f1a06b513f)
Its definately nice to see the model finally finished. It looks pretty good for a tweaked PG.

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Friend as someone you know personally or just talk online. I am trying to find the website again. It was a few months back thou and I never bothered to bookmark after saving the images.

Found some more images. Guess I could call him my friend too.
Strike (http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/31/eb/22beb77a7c3f7fa0e85981b681b6b20b.jpg)

Blog Site (http://blog.goo.ne.jp/alpha623/e/bc72ff6e2d874389127fa4f1a06b513f)
Its definately nice to see the model finally finished. It looks pretty good for a tweaked PG.

noway...cuz he only finished this model 2 days ago....

Deblas
Thu, 06-09-2005, 06:35 PM

Whoa. You ever heard of dusting?

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
He's obviously to busy cleaning up the legs of his Lacus figurines i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Also, for the love of god quit quoting screenshots. Do you guys know how much bandwidth that eats?

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 08:49 PM
nice models everybody and...terra...a lot? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PTX-003C
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:22 PM

Whoa. You ever heard of dusting?

don't have the brush....lost during i move...

pakman
Fri, 06-10-2005, 02:26 AM
wow PTX-003C when was the last time you actually went outside?

PTX-003C
Fri, 06-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by: pakman
wow PTX-003C when was the last time you actually went outside?

this morning, to school

Psyke
Tue, 07-12-2005, 04:06 AM
My Rx-78 and Force Impulse which I just completed.

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/3506/rximpulse4nr.jpg

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/5723/rx4vk.jpg http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/7072/imp8eg.jpg

I wonder if PTX's around to give me more of his constructive critisism.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (I'm just a casual modeller)

Anyway I'm working on Sword Impulse now. Just got my paints and gonna start the coloring soon.

john_doe_107
Tue, 07-12-2005, 05:20 AM
guys, can't find any retailers from where i'm from.. BRUNEI
does anyone know where i can get these things in Brunei?

Zariel
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
That is just too cute. I'd kill for the Yzak & Heine ones.

And the Talia plushy is like "Do your fucking work, bitches!"

Awwww!

Also PTX if you're gonna flood the whole damn page with pics at least make sure they aren't almost identical...

i have to agree with ya on Yzak and Heine, wish i could buy those for my car.

Talia, Yzak, Heine and Cagalli are must gets for me

Souryusen
Tue, 07-12-2005, 08:06 AM
I wish I could justify spending $200 USD on this. (http://www.doublenuts.com/gundampic/pg/strike/strike.html)

Psyke
Tue, 07-12-2005, 08:57 AM
I wish I could justify spending $200 USD on this. (http://www.doublenuts.com/gundampic/pg/strike/strike.html)

It's not that expensive, perhaps $100 tp $120 USD. And guess what, PG Sky Graspher has been released, and PG Laucher/Sword Strike are announced.....

Kenzaburo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Damn, Psyke, those models like fine. Especially like the RX-78, gotta love those oldschool suits and the poses are neat, too. But one thing I gotta ask: the basic colour of both models looks like a grey while it should be white...is that because of the screenies turning out darker or did you leave the basic colour of the model as it is, when it's fresh out of the box. Just wondered, because I can see all the paint jobs, like brushing and stuff...

About that PG Strike: Something is odd with the looks of the suit. Like the shoulder pads, shouldn't there be more white and less dark grey? That actually goes for the entire suit, or is it a redesign or something? I really don't remember Strike to have that much dark parts on it's armor.
Anyways, it looks terrific. Especially with the whole mobility going on with PG kits.

Guardian_2000
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Just get the PG Strike Rouge when it comes out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I've heard some people saying it may come with a sky grasper. I doubt it will thou.

Rickbee
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:39 PM
yo I got u being u can't find any near u go to this site i recomend it I got my gouf custom from them.
WWW.walloffame.net

DDBen
Tue, 07-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Just get the PG Strike Rouge when it comes out. I've heard some people saying it may come with a sky grasper. I doubt it will thou.

Actually PG Strike Rouge comes with Skygrasper and alie strike pack and retails about $180-190.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN938257

note thats in yen so the shipping is nuts but post shipping its in the above price range.

Psyke
Wed, 07-13-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by: Kenzaburo
Damn, Psyke, those models like fine. Especially like the RX-78, gotta love those oldschool suits and the poses are neat, too. But one thing I gotta ask: the basic colour of both models looks like a grey while it should be white...is that because of the screenies turning out darker or did you leave the basic colour of the model as it is, when it's fresh out of the box. Just wondered, because I can see all the paint jobs, like brushing and stuff...

Yah it's supposed to be white but I like to colour them greyish white. This is to create a shadowy effect commonly seen in hobby magazines. I actually spray all the white parts black first and then slowly spray white over it to create the shadows and to make it look darker/more grey.

Edit: Added in picture of PG Strike with Aile Striker
http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/8820/ban9341016op.jpg

SKY_SO_BLUE
Thu, 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
(1/100) Destiny has just been released ^_^ Looks Impressive i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10044305a2.jpg

ChaosK
Thu, 07-14-2005, 06:44 PM
i cant tell...is that green long thing a giant penis or some sorta huge gun?

darkshadow
Thu, 07-14-2005, 06:53 PM
woohoo need 1/100 destiny NOW!

SKY_SO_BLUE
Thu, 07-14-2005, 07:57 PM
i cant tell...is that green long thing a giant penis or some sorta huge gun?

Heheh you can imagine it's a PENIS if you like i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif, otherwise it's a big gun.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:06 PM
i have:

1/100 sword impulse gundam

1/144 HG aegis gundam, freedom gundam

1/144 saviour gundam, justice gundam

athrun zala and shinn asuka voice dolls

o yea, should i buy 1/100 wing gundam zero custom(EW), 1/100 wing gundam zero custom operation special, or 1/60 wing gundam zero custom(EW)?

and i want to buy a 1/60 strike gundam striker weapon system and it's for $77, is that a good deal?

Psyke
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Get the MG Wing Zero Custom that was released recently.

Curium
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:54 PM
I have the 1/60 scale Striker Weapons System model. Personally I think it would be cool to get more Gundams in 1/60 scale, thought that would be kind of expensive. Of course if you have the money it would be better to pick up the Perfect Grade Strike and the Perfect Grade Sky Grasper, as well as the Launcher and Sword PG when they are released. That would be very expensive though.

I don't think I can comment on the Wing Zero Custom, I prefer the original Wing Zero from the Anime over the EW version.

Oh, and as long as I'm posting in this thread, after saving my money for over a year I just got the 1/144 HG METEOR + Freedom. The METEOR itself is as big as my 1/60 scale Strike.

I experimented with using Gundam Markers to paint the Freedom that came with it. I really am not very good at it. Of course it would also help if I had all the right colors, had to improvise a little.

EDIT: Can someone tell me someplace online to get the right materials to at least fill in all the lines. I may not have the skill to do all the painting, but I think I can at least trace lines that are already there.

Psyke
Sun, 07-17-2005, 12:37 AM
What you need are the fine point Gundam Markers which are oil based. They come in various thickness, and the one I use is 0.04. I'm not sure where you can get it online though as it's quite commonly found in model kit stores.

I'd like to get the 1/144 Meteor as well, as it's huge and looks great. Did you get the Freedom or the Justice version?

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:10 AM
I've been trying to find a model kit store locally (Phoenix, AZ area) with no luck so far.

I wasn't aware there was a Justice version. There is a 1/400 scale model that comes with a pre-constructed Freedom, Justice, and Providence, but the 1/144 scale I've only seen with Freedom. On the side of the box it does say "Compatible" with a picture of Justice below it and the letters "HG" in some Japanese text. I do intend to get a HG 1/144 scale Justice to go with it some day, but right now I need to save for some more 1/100 scale models and begin the process of saving for my next big purchase, the PG Strike and accessories. It will take a while to save that much money, but I figure I have so much money to spend on "entertainment" being anime DVDs, Video Games, Models, etc. I just simply have to deny myself any new stuff for a while so I can set it all aside to make the larger purchase. I only make that comment because I don't want to give the false impression that I'm rich or anything like that.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:37 AM
does the 1/100 MG wing gundam zero custom have that light system in it's eyes and chest?

Psyke
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I think you're right.... the Justice version of Meteor is self assembled from the 1/144 version of Justice. I thought there was another special version of it (with a different colour) just for Justice but I didn't find any on the net. It would be cool to buy the 1/144 Justice as well if you have the Meteor.

And to AtHRunOwNZaLL, the MG version of the Wing Zero Custom does not have any light system as far as I know.

SilverSurfie
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:11 AM
I've been trying to find a model kit store locally (Phoenix, AZ area) with no luck so far.

I normally order my model kits from www.hlj.com, i find that the price + shipping + tariffs is a little bit less then what a kit will cost you out here...

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by: SilverSurfie

I normally order my model kits from www.hlj.com, i find that the price + shipping + tariffs is a little bit less then what a kit will cost you out here...

Thanks for trying, but I check that site regularlly. Also we were discussing for things that would be used for finishing touches, not the models themselves. I have seen some stuff (paints, tools, etc), but I'm not sure exactly which ones are what I acctually want that the site has. Also I like to compare that site along with a few others and eBay when I'm shopping. If you are careful you can find some amazing deals on eBay. I got a 1/100 Sword Impulse for $20 + free shipping.

iesu 350z
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:58 PM
i have purchased all the 1/100 hg+mg for gs and gsd and i havnt made them yet.. and dont plan to not yet..
but the next gundam i have to make and get is the strike freedom If it comes out for PG or MG whichever is fine with me hg.. just arent very appealing to me

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:20 PM
i guess i'll save 170 dollars to buy the 1/60 PG wing gundam zero custom(EW), should take me 3 months, *sigh*... that's sooo long.....

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
i guess i'll save 170 dollars to buy the 1/60 PG wing gundam zero custom(EW), should take me 3 months, *sigh*... that's sooo long.....

3 months is nothing. It took me around a year to save up 100 for the 1/144 Meteor that I got. If you can get the money that fast you should be very thankful.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:10 PM
does anyone know where i can get a display case online that's big enough for the 1/60 wing gundam zero custom?

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I have

1/144 Justice
1/144 Chaos
1/144 Abyss
1/144 Gaia
1/100 MG Freedom
1/144 Heavyarms Custom

Next on the shoplist:

1/100 MG (or 1/60) Strike Freedom
1/100 MG (or 1/60) Infinite Justice
1/100 MG (or 1/60) Destiny

by the way Psyke the PG strike you have is REALLY nice! i want it!

also, when will SF. IJ and Destiny of big scales/MG/PG come out from Bandai? ANyone got a clue?

NomoZ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I would say september at the earliest for one of them in MG(which will probably be destiny first). The MG Aggay isn't out and it was supposed to be released in june.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
oic. thats a grea time because byu then i would be back in my college, in my own room.

whats Aggay?

SKY_SO_BLUE
Mon, 07-18-2005, 09:35 PM
This is an Aggy, it looks pretty neat.

MG AGGAY (http://www.hlj.com/images/ban/ban934108.jpg)

EDIT: Link doen't show.. check HLJ.com

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Well I got my first model kit now... unexpectedly, it's Duel (OMFG). However I chose not to use the Assault Shroud since it looks infinitely dull unless you color it, and I suck with these things so I'm not even going to bother doing that. The regular Duel, however, looks awesome without any extra colors being necessary. Without any further ado:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/yzakduel.jpg

Excuse the brightness, my camera is on crack. And yes that's Yzak next to Duel (i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif) and Gambit behind them (another character I like).
I want to thank Eurasian a million times over for sending me both Duel & Yzak, as I otherwise probably never would have gotten them (or well I probably would sooner or later, but you get the point). THANKS URSY!

Also, don't bother to criticize the Duel, I know it's put together rather badly. Or well, I did many things halfassedly because as I said doing models is not really my gig. I was however quite pleased with how it turned out.

piasEnigma
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Gambit rocks, heh.

darkshadow
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:52 PM
omg terra, ONLY 1 yzak doll???

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
@pias: Hell yeah

@darkshadow: I live in Sweden, we don't have that stuff here unless you import from Japan and I don't have the economy to keep getting Yzak dolls (suffice to say all the world's money wouldn't be enough to get all the Yzak stuff I want)

aznriced310
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:40 AM
thnx for showin me aggy

but it looks gay.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Not like anyone cares particularly, but I found out that there were actually stickers in the package (lol) so Assault Shroud looked pretty cool anyway.
So yeah I made it into one. Also I switched the shield for another saber because dual sabers are teh sexy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/newduel.jpg

Jesus, putting these together is hell. Especially when you have the temper worthy of a true Yzak fanboy.
I don't know how many times I kicked stuff and screamed while this stupid thing insisted to drop arms or other small parts, forcing me to re-assemble it ending with another part falling off.

DAMN!

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:47 PM
lol terra, stay away from aegis theni/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif its ultra flimsy

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM
lol, good, wasn't planning on getting that anyway. If I ever buy another one it will be the gouf ignited (or Yzak's new zaku, if that exists as a model kit).

Curium
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:40 PM
lol, good, wasn't planning on getting that anyway. If I ever buy another one it will be the gouf ignited (or Yzak's new zaku, if that exists as a model kit).

Slash Zaku Phantom - http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN933918

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:50 PM
That's awesome. I want it.

However, before buying it, I need to ask: Is that site recommended to buy from?
As in - are the prices good, is the shipping as it should be... etc.

Edit: You can skip the price question - I checked it up in my currency, and it's ridiculously cheap.

Edit2: WTF, it needs cement. Is there any other version available? I totally suck at those things.
Also, does anyone know if it's still possible to buy the Forbidden kit? It seems to not be available at that site.

NomoZ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:27 AM
"All the parts are molded in colour and snap together, so no paint or glue are required." That other product overview is lying.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Oh. Nice. I'm not as observant as I used to be.

I'm so getting this.

NomoZ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:33 AM
You will probably like this too. click me (http://www.gundamshop.co.kr/GD_Front01.html?code=9_0596&Sub_id=9)

English site with it clicky (http://hobbybuy.com/us/item/BA32883)

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Oh yeah, I saw that one at the other place. I'm gonna get that along with Gouf Ignited & Slash Zaku Phantom - as soon as someone can confirm that it's a good place to buy at and whatnot. So, anyone?

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:37 AM
That's awesome. I want it.

However, before buying it, I need to ask: Is that site recommended to buy from?
As in - are the prices good, is the shipping as it should be... etc.

Edit: You can skip the price question - I checked it up in my currency, and it's ridiculously cheap.

Edit2: WTF, it needs cement. Is there any other version available? I totally suck at those things.
Also, does anyone know if it's still possible to buy the Forbidden kit? It seems to not be available at that site.

I intend to order from the site within the next month. I will know then.

Forbidden is definitly available still. Also HLJ do have it on their page. They say they will get it back into stock in August (approx.). This link is for the HG 1/144 model. I haven't seen a HG for the Slash Zaku yet. If I do I will send you a PM (unless you have already gotten the regular 1/144).

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922246

Also here are Calamity and Raider just in case.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN920461

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922713

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Wonderful, I'll be sure to get that one as well.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does HG stand for?

NomoZ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:39 AM
There isn't a High Grade of it yet, only normal 1/144.

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Wonderful, I'll be sure to get that one as well.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does HG stand for?

HG stands for High Grade. It is the 1/144 version of Master Grade for 1/100 or Perfect Grade for 1/60. It is just a higher quality model with some more detail then the non-HG version.

Oh, and you had already replied, but if you are interested I added links for Calamity and Raider as well to the post with the link to Forbidden.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh I see. Thanks.

Also, thanks for adding the links.

Strange how modelling can be so infuriating, yet so incredibly addictive.

NomoZ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Hehe that's why i have 10 MG, 1 normal 1/100, 2 HG, and 11 SD

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh I see. Thanks.

Also, thanks for adding the links.

Strange how modelling can be so infuriating, yet so incredibly addictive.

Yeah. I otally Agree. Generally I go with the 1/100 scale just because I like haveing the larger Model. Of course those have more parts so they are more frustrating. I guess the arguement could be made that the smaller parts on the 1/144 are more frustrating, but that isn't my opinion.

So far I have 36 Gundam Models. Would be more if money wasn't an issue.

Just because HLJ lists a kit as discontinued does not mean it really is. They had the 1/100 Astray Red Frame listed as Discontinued for a while.

Gundam SEED

1/100 Aile Strike (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN914211)
1/100 Aegis (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN916410)
1/100 Sword Strike (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN916416)
1/100 Launcher Strike (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN916417)
1/100 Buster (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN917986)
1/100 Duel Assault Shroud (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN919250) - I feel at this point I should mention that the pilot figurine does not come painted (for Terra's protection).
1/100 Freedom (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN919259)
1/100 Justice (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN920462)
1/100 Blitz (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922716)
1/100 Gundam Astray Red Frame (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN924923)
1/100 Providence (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN925303)
1/100 Astray Blue Frame Second L (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN926796)
1/144 HG METEOR Unit + Freedom (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN925301)
1/144 HG CGUE Type D.E.E.P. Arms (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN926802)
1/144 HG Hyperion (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN926795)
1/60 Stiker Weapon System (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN917987)
MG 1/100 Freedom Gundam (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN926794)

Gundam SEED Destiny
1/100 Force Impulse (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN931423)
1/100 Chaos (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932170)
1/100 Blaze ZAKU Warrior - Rey Za Burrel (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932157)
1/100 Sword Impulse (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932131) - Does not come with the Silhouette Flyer. It is only in the Force Impulse.
1/100 ZAKU Warrior + Blaze & Gunner (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934099)

Gundam X
1/100 Gundam X (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN52674)
1/100 Leopard (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN53279)
1/100 Double X (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN55012)

Gundam Wing
1/100 Wing (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN47165)
1/100 Deathsythe (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN47684)
1/100 Wing 0 (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN48288)
1/100 Deathsythe Hell (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN49513)
1/100 Altron (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN49512)
1/100 Epyon (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN48815)
1/100 Nataku (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN56316)
1/100 Tallgeese III (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN57131)
1/100 Heavy-Arms Custom (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN59767) - My personal favorite. The Clown face part is optional. Might have to get
this (http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL1990) to go with it.
1/100 Deathsythe Hell Custom (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN59769)
1/100 Sandrock Custom (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN60626)
MG 1/100 Wing "Ver. Ka" (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN923714)
1/100 Serpent Custom (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN61216)

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:10 AM
There, placed an order for a Slash Zaku Phantom and a Gouf Ignited. Place seems to be very good so I'm expecting no problems.
If all goes well I'll add these beauties to my shelf in a few weeks.
The Yzak I-Doll will have to wait though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:51 AM
I'm going to get the 1/100 Destiny once I finish my Sword Impulse.

Wonder if the other Gundams will make it to 1/100. Currently we only have Force and Sword Impulse, Destiny, and Chaos. Would be disappointing if Gaia, Abyss and the Murasames don't make it.....

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the warning Curium, I was about to buy it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Damn, how cheap to not color the figurines.

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the warning Curium, I was about to buy it.

Damn, how cheap to not color the figurines.

Not really cheap..... but it's for painting as well. Sort of like a resin figure. It's the same reason why your gundam doesn't come painted. There are books and guides in magazines on how to paint these figurines as well, and I've seen several which are really well done.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:11 AM
I suppose, but still, the gundams look pretty cool even when they aren't painted. I mean, they do have colors, stickers and whatnot.
I assume with the figurines that they are entirely unpainted, or am I wrong?

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Yes, they come in the skin colour and are totally unpainted, even the eyeballs are not coloured. You have to add in your own paint and make it anime styled. It's a totally different kind of painting from Gundam, and would require a different set of paint and brushes.

Although the Gundam kits come with stickers it cannot be compared to those of air brushed quality. I used to just use Gundam markers for my Gundams but after seeing what a friend can do with an air brush I got hooked and addicted to modelling : )

On another note, here's my collection of GSD gashapon figures. I actually got 2 stellars and gave one away. Pic's a little small as I took it with my phone camera.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1488/image098ef.jpg

SKY_SO_BLUE
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:25 AM
The figures are unpainted in (a skin color)
Except for the new Destiny 1/100 line, they have a Data-card instead.

The next 1/100 might be the Strike-Freedom Gundam(Aug. release):

http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/img20050717001202.jpg
It looks on the side of the box that the Dragoons are detachable =)
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/k2005d.jpg
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/k2005e.jpg

Looks rather chubby, I'm planning to wait to see if there will be a MG version ^_^

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Woo hooo I'm gonna get this! Sure it doesn't look as good as the MG versions, but they won't come out till perhaps next year.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:53 AM
@Psyke: Indeed, stickers cannot begin to compare to actual painting. However, my interest is not big enough (yet anyhow) to do all that work... but one day, maybe.

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Some SD pics:

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/5097/10044938a6kk.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/158/10044938a24xb.jpg

SKY_SO_BLUE
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
I found this off of another forum:

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2836/img200507221930251lm.jpg
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/7282/img200507221947283fz.jpg
I-Justice (1/100) looks impressive =D
http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/3204/1230vd.jpg

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:24 PM
terra, i know you prolly dont read the upcoming seed events and thoughts, but here is yzak's new unit, that navy/grey gouf
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/ev0luti0nzer0/11219265833268ds.jpg

and also, i think this version of the slash zaku is the best ( im getting this 1), its not as big as a 1/144, but has a lot more detail, and is prebuild and painted
Msia slash zaku (http://www.plajapan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1959)

and oh yeah, before you ban me for spoiling or something
here is yzak's gouf in ED4 : yzak gouf (http://www.gundams.net/files/pictures/destiny/episode38/destiny38%20(398).jpg)

This is not considered a spoiler since the suit has been in the ending, as poster states.

GotWoot Moderator

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm going to get the 1/100 Destiny once I finish my Sword Impulse.

Wonder if the other Gundams will make it to 1/100. Currently we only have Force and Sword Impulse, Destiny, and Chaos. Would be disappointing if Gaia, Abyss and the Murasames don't make it.....

I agree it would be a disappointment to not to get them in 1/100 scale. As of now they have not even announced (to my knowledge) Abyss, Gaia, Waltfeld's Gaia, Saviour, Legend, Destroy, Akatsuki, or Infinite Justice. Obviously they will probably release more then they did for SEED, but they have already released 9 1/100 models for Destiny. SEED only had 12 total. I'll admit that most likly Destroy will only come out 1/144, but I don't think all the suits we would like will make it to 1/100. Look at SEED, Forbidden, Raider, and Calamity never made 1/100.

Oh and that isn't even counting Mass Produced suits like Murasame, GOUF, Slash ZAKU, Windam, Dom.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 07:03 PM
saviour 1/100 <_<, they sooo need to release that

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Darkshadow i don't think unreleased units are appreciated in here or even allowed. Spoilers should go in the spoiler thread until they appear in the show.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:44 PM
PSJ, the gouf is in the 4th ending, making it official, its not like we cant already see it

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:47 PM
True but no weapons or anything is shown in the ending it brief and not all that visible i didn't notice it til someone said it. Oh well i'll let the mods deal with this.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:48 PM
hmm yes, ill also see what they have to say about it, i think its ok

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:07 PM
No worries, I don't feel spoiled. I don't get why they give him a new MS though... I mean Yzak is practically non-existant in Destiny, and Slash Zaku Phantom is so much cooler than a grey Gouf. lol, what's the point?

Also I'm getting the 144 version at hlj.com .... I think it looks just as cool as the other one posted

'sides I alraeeady placed my order

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:14 PM
1/144 no grades aren't wat they look like in the pics shown

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah Terra..... note that since the 1/144 kits are smaller you would need to paint a lot of the parts youself as there won't be stickers for several parts.

For eg. Duel's shield comes in 3 different colours right? In the 1/100 version this wouldn't be a problem as all 3 parts come from different coloured pieces. But for the 1/144 the entire shield may come in 1 single piece, which means that you have to colour the 2 other colours yourself.

The pics shown on the boxes are the finished product with all the colours painted correctly, so don't go thinking that an unpainted model would look the same as the ones shown on the box.......

NomoZ
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:04 AM
What the contents look like. CLICK (http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10042572n.jpg)
Assembly Pages PAGE 1 (http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10042572z.jpg) PAGE 2 (http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10042572z2.jpg)

One another note, Heine's 1/100 Zaku looks cool. CLICK (http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10043212a.jpg)

Curium
Sat, 07-23-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
One another note, Heine's 1/100 Zaku looks cool. CLICK (http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10043212a.jpg)

I agree that Heine's color scheme looks better, but why waste another model on another ZAKU. They could have just waited a month or 2 and released a GOUF instead.

NomoZ
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Because all they have to do is switch the colour of the plactic, that's why there is a Strike Rouge PG out so soon too. I remember it took them atleast 2-3 months of planning to design the original Strike PG. They most likely will release a 1/100 Gouf but it's probably still in the planning phase. I saw a video of how they make them and alot of work/planning goes into each.