PDA

View Full Version : Episode 135 Discussion!!

ShinobiNiNaritai
Thu, 05-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Here we go

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 05-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Downloading it now, more to come once I get it finished

EDIT: ok after watching it I am a bit dissapointed. I think they could have easily ended the episode after the talk where Shikamaru started crying, the rest was just Naruto/Jiraya arguing in circles which was quite boring...oh and don't forget flashbacks to Sakura being annoying and lame. For the first half I would rate this a good end-tieing episode, but the end of it kills the score.

Even though the Akatsuki scene was pretty trippy as far as visuals go it again didn' t introduce any new information, yes we know they exist, yes we know they all have separate agendas, yes we know they are after the Kyuubi, no we still don't know what they look like thanks to the hologramish part....although was it just me or did it seem like the non-Itachi person that was talking have Sharingan? Maybe it was looking at Itachi while he was speaking, I couldn't really tell, but that would bump my score up if that were the case.

3/10: For introducing very little new information

Sparhawk
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Downloading, 1 hour to go. I haven't read manga so I have no clue what's going to happen. Could be some boring thinking episode where no-one knows what to do next or maybe a chasing episode. Time will tell.

Krbadass
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:22 AM
crap episode, interesting ending, gay preview.

voonvoon
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:40 AM
y u can search ???i cannot search lei.can tell mi the webby

DayoftheDante
Thu, 05-19-2005, 02:21 AM
The Akatsuki meeting was trippy. Those robes they wear double as strobelights.

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Hm... looks like not much on discussion of this one yet...
I think we all basically saw this stuff coming, Naruto still vowing to keep the promise, choosing to try to save Sasuke and not give up on him...
I hope to see at least bits and pieces of Sasuke and Orochimaru in future episodes, I don't know if Kabuto can stop them from killing each other... but i definetley don't want just a huge gap with no Sasuke and then he comes back with LVL 3 seal and new jutsu and all that, outta left field and with no idea how he's developed (character wise)

The Akatski group meeting at the end was cool, the way they were almost holograms (or did they actually meet face-to-face in that cave?) but their goal is sorta... eh... well who doesn't want "everything" ? Those villains better get some different personality and individual characteristics if they're going to be entertaining!

I sort of felt cheated by the Jiraiya- Orochimaru flashback. Felt it could have been longer and shown Jiraiya suffering afterwards like Naruto did, rather than him just thinking about it.... Also, when did that take place, after the 3rd confronted him? Before? How did Jiraiya catch/ unmask Orochimaru? Too many unanswered questions...

Chouji and Neji are alive! Well, guess this show won't be the kind to kill off major characters after all... shucks... sorta kills some of the suspense eh? I don't think I'll ever have genuine worry about the characters in any fight, no matter how screwed they seem to be or how much they bleed. That medical jutsus were cool to watch, but damn those boys should both be pushing up daisies!

Oh and I love Shikamaru and thought his scene was the best part of the episode. Poor boy was crying because he was so happy everyone was alive!
OVerall, if I had to rank this episode I would mostly agree with Krbadass. Couldn't expect much from a mid-arc episode, but it did cover all the points
Masamune gives it a 6 / 10

Masamune
Thu, 05-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Masamune gives it a 6 / 10

no he doesn't

more like a 5/10

neji survived -2
chouji survived -2
it had shikamaru +1 , he's a coward -1
it had jiraiya +3 (on an atomic frog (look at the belly) +1 )
flashback of sakura crying +3
boobs +2

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-19-2005, 03:57 AM
The conversation between jyraiya and naruto was kinda confusing. Is naruto saying he will go with him for the 3 years then go after sasuke and kill oro? Or was naruto been called a fool and an idiot meaning hes going off on his own? Oh well either way the outcome of the entire arc of naruto has completely ruined naruto on a whole and i feel its just gonna get boring. Theres no excitement like there was in the first arc. Just nice scenes now n then.

So the question i think thats gonna be asked is...
Why did oro leave the group and why do they want to kill him? do they want sasuke to join the group?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Fatfuck and Mr. Cataract are still alive. Bullshit.

Atatsuke are freakin cool.

And Temari is wicked hot.

Nothing else important happend.

Why did oro leave the group and why do they want to kill him? do they want sasuke to join the group?

Because Itachi became stronger than him. Because he knows too much about them. Probably not, they just don't want Oro to have the Sharingan.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-19-2005, 06:36 AM
You guys suck.
This was a great episode, but at the same time the worst in the series... considering that Neji & Chouji are alive (mwah hah we manga readers have kept you in the dark with our superior intellect and source of information all this time!111).

Actually it's kinda sad, because this is the second time I have to face the stupidity that is keeping those characters alive. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

But yeah, good shit. I really love how the anime did the akatsuki meeting. Cool effects.

The art for the upcoming arc looks shit, but at least Jiraiya is with them... so it might be a better filler than last time.

jing
Thu, 05-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by: voonvoon
y u can search ???i cannot search lei.can tell mi the webby

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...4930&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=14930&enterthread =y)

wtf? use english.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-19-2005, 08:41 AM
yea voonvoon use english noob.
nice episode. I realy thought they were dead because that noob sharingan-kakashi said so, and he was a manga reader..

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-19-2005, 08:59 AM
What is the new filler arc going to be about. Is naruto even in it? I'm really curious to see if the animators are going to fuck this one up.

Aeon
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Like there was ever a doubt Neji would be killed by someone as weak as Kedomaru, although I thought Chouji was dead. Tenten is the only character not to be shown or mentioned this whole arci/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif, she should've been waiting outside of Neji's door like Ino was for Chouji.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Mmm ... Temari leg shots..

Assertn
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by: Natural Cause
Oh well either way the outcome of the entire arc of naruto has completely ruined naruto on a whole and i feel its just gonna get boring. Theres no excitement like there was in the first arc. Just nice scenes now n then.

if only you knew........i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

im surprised none of the anime viewers have thought about it yet......they've given alot of clues about what they plan to do in the next main saga (not counting the filler crap, that is)

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Oh well either way the outcome of the entire arc of naruto has completely ruined naruto on a whole and i feel its just gonna get boring. Theres no excitement like there was in the first arc. Just nice scenes now n then.

if only you knew........

im surprised none of the anime viewers have thought about it yet......they've given alot of clues about what they plan to do in the next main saga (not counting the filler crap, that is)

i don't know but i think naruto and the akatsuki and orochimaru gang is going to run up into each other. other than this i don't know.

Yondaime-
Thu, 05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
meh.. haven't seen this yet but I'm downloading it
now that i've read the comments it seems like a bad episode
I already knew it wasn't a good episode though

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Actually, it sounds like life in Konoha isn't going to have shit going on for like three years and then a whole bunch of shit is gonna happen all at once.

Naruto better make Chuunin in three years.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
You guys suck.
This was a great episode, but at the same time the worst in the series... considering that Neji & Chouji are alive (mwah hah we manga readers have kept you in the dark with our superior intellect and source of information all this time!111).

I must admit, I've been holding back a huge "I told you so" for all the guys who said Neji and Chouji were dead.

eskimå
Thu, 05-19-2005, 11:04 AM
There isn't much to diskuss 'bout but I don't think it was so bad, it is better than the flashbacks episodes. Thoose were annyoining....

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 05-19-2005, 11:06 AM

I think I know what you are referring to just cause a friend of mine that reads the manga told me about it, and it really isn't all that obvious in my opinion. (obviously I won't say more than that for the sake of spoilers)

Yondaime-
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:07 PM
i just saw this episode. It's not bad at all, its like another chapter of naruto
I wonder if Naruto's appearance will change in 3 years.. or at least his clothes...

Foomanchew24
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah I was going to ask the manga readers if it appears that naruto grows in the manga. Also did no one catch the one guy asking Itachi if the sharingan that Orochimaru got was Sasuke, implying that it may have been someone else? Unless the Akasuki members don't know about Itachi's past and the anihilation of his clan. I hope the three years doesn't take more than three months or there will be some grumpy anime watchers. So the next s ranked mission is filler?

weakest anbu
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
yes its a filler. instead of asking whats on the manga why not just read it ;]

eat_toast
Thu, 05-19-2005, 02:16 PM
eh.. the episode was alright, just stuff that is needed to setup the next story arc. and if you've read the manga, its not boring. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i thought the akatsuki holograms was pretty cool, but the 'ultimate s-rank mission?' maybe if it has other teams besides naruto and sakura it wont be so bad waiting for the next real arc.

Mut
Thu, 05-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo

You guys suck.

I must admit, I've been holding back a huge "I told you so" for all the guys who said Neji and Chouji were dead.
Yeah, but you read the manga, you dickhead. It'd be different if you were right after speculating as an anime only viewer.

KaneDragon
Thu, 05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Nice shots of Temari. I thought the medical rooms for Neji & Chouji looked really cool. Fancy, complicated stuff.

Heh. Something about the meeting at the end was just hilarious. That bat-wannabe asking Itachi if it was his brother, then Itachi just standing there, then cutting back to bat saying "Don't worry, yeah." And saying yeah repeatedly, making funny noises. The hologram meeting was cool.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo(mwah hah we manga readers have kept you in the dark with our superior intellect and source of information all this time!111).
That and the mods would have p0wned you for posting spoilers... though it would hardly have come as a surprise.

galarnon
Thu, 05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Because Itachi became stronger than him. Because he knows too much about them. Probably not, they just don't want Oro to have the Sharingan.

How the hell did u get to this?!?!?!.... stop fucking thinking Itachi's stronger than oro and what's fucking related that he will quit because itachi is stronger, so... he can still stay there!!

although was it just me or did it seem like the non-Itachi person that was talking have Sharingan? Maybe it was looking at Itachi while he was speaking, I couldn't really tell, but that would bump my score up if that were the case.

U didn't thought of this by yourself u just read the manga conversations so stop getting unrelated ideas in here.

Mut
Thu, 05-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru. Orochimaru said it himself.

EDIT:

Fixed.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 05-19-2005, 04:07 PM
And before people start crying over the last comment he means Orochimaru said himself that Itachi is stronger than him.

Knives122
Thu, 05-19-2005, 04:13 PM
well that was a boring episode (with the exception of the Akatsuki part(where it sounded like they all had the same voice) and the Jiraiya part) the whole fade out/fade...but it obviously cant be helped. the next ep looks like it'll be another snore fest, but I have to watch it just b/c there will be nothing else for me to do at the time

and that weird tv effect thing Akatsuki did in the cave where they all magically appeared with all the static and dark crap(even though for some strange reason you could see the clouds) was really cool.

kooshi
Thu, 05-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I expected this to be a boring episode. Not much has happened in the aftermath and the Akatsuki meeting just seemed really..... odd, in a way. They all sounded like they had the same voice, lol.

greateachermin
Thu, 05-19-2005, 05:15 PM
The atkasuki scene looks cool, but it was useless, they said that they havent met back since a long time ago, but the meeting didnt give us any new information as far as to keep us excited about what's to come.

Why do people fuss so much over Itachi stronger than Oro. Personally, i dont think Oro is weaker because he is a very smart guy, a great leader that starts an organization on his own that may even rival Atkasuki. And so far we havent seen Itachi done anything great yet, I think that in the Atkasuki would have someone stronger, thats for sure.

If you still want to argue that Itachi is stronger than Oro, then how come Itachi said that he wouldnt be able to beat Jiraya, and i doubt that Jiraya is distincly stronger than Oro, i think they're at the same level. And obviously they're called legendary Sannin for a reason. Everytime Itachi see Jiraya he runs away, the same reason why Jiraya is able to protect Naruto.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I felt that this episode wrapped up then entire arc fairly well, and was necessary for closure. Not really an episode i'd watch again for a long while, but worthwile none the less.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
*watches thread derail into yet another argument regarding the Itachi/Jiraiya thing*

JuBeI_ YaGyu
Thu, 05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
crappy episode i think. Neji's healing was pretty cool thoug, seeing all the tissue ans stuff regenerate was a cool effect. Temari was lokking mighty hot in this ep. too! Seems like the developers of this show are reading what people say about Temari on the formus, cuz they really made a good effort on showing herr legs ans half-ass. =)
that's about it. too bad Naruto didn't wan to forget about sasuke.
P.D : Kiba's sister was a fox too!!...HOT!

kooshi
Thu, 05-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Power isn't everything in the world of Naruto, except in some cases. Sometimes, other people have certain advantages over others. Look at the Neji vs spider dude fight. In terms of power, Spider dude had more power and more experience, but Neji still had the advantage, due to his defenses.

Tohan
Thu, 05-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Kabuto really fit the bitch role in this episode. He was like pulled out of Terracosmo's insane cartoon.

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 05-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: galarnon
U didn't thought of this by yourself u just read the manga conversations so stop getting unrelated ideas in here.

Um actually I did think of that myself, and I have yet to read a single manga conversation...and how is it unrelated seeing as how this is anything related to ep 135, and that scene did indeed happen in episode 135...I do have a friend that has told me minor things from the manga but I am just as in-the-dark with the story line as every other anime only person. If you can point out some reasoning so we can *discuss* why that idea I brought up is unrelated I am all for it, but otherwise it seems like just a needless flame.

Yondaime-
Thu, 05-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
yes its a filler. instead of asking whats on the manga why not just read it ;]

reading manga for naruto is just a spoiler in my opinion, its just more exciting when you can watch the episodes and not know what will happen. Thats why i stopped reading naruto manga =P

Knives122
Thu, 05-19-2005, 06:38 PM
*watches thread derail into yet another argument regarding the Itachi/Jiraiya thing*

yeah i know, guess my "every akatsuki member in the cave sounded the same" ploy didnt work

Board of Command
Thu, 05-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: turkish-shikamaru
nice episode. I realy thought they were dead because that noob sharingan-kakashi said so, and he was a manga reader..
Stop saying noob, noob. Only noobs say noob, noob.

It was an OK episode. The Jiraiya-Naruto chat was made a bit long. To whoever said it was confusing, Naruto basically meant he'll remain a fool because he still wants to get Sasuke back, but he'll also train with Jiraiya in order to do so and take out Oro and Akatsuki and everyone else in the process.

nge484
Thu, 05-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Okay, first off, this goes to everyone in the "is neji/chouji dead" thread: God, I love being right.
My prediction was practically on the money. I rule.

Secondly, response to a comment a few pages back: Originally posted by Foomanchew24

Also did no one catch the one guy asking Itachi if the sharingan that Orochimaru got was Sasuke, implying that it may have been someone else?

I actually caught that as well. Itachi did mention a 3rd Mangekyou Sharingan user...so there's other Uchiha still alive besides Sasuke. I actually wrote out my thoughts on that, but right before I posted I stumbled upon that thread here (https://http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=14652&enterthread =y).

Third topic: Temari. Not focusing on her legs, now...and getting to the point: did anyone consider as to why she was even there? Where's Gaara or Kankuro and why isn't Temari with them? I just found that interesting...and it just so happens that she's with Shikamaru (of all people). Eh? Eeeh? *wink wink, nudge nudge* I mean, he beat her in the tournament and she was all impressed, she saved his ass from what's-her-face, and now she's with him while he's waiting on any kind of news on a friend of his that is near death? I'm thinking if anyone's going to be hooking up in this series at all (which I actually kind of doubt...), it'll be those two.

And now my two cents on the episode over-all:
Most everything was expected. At least for me. Chouji & Neji were saved by ninja medics (Tsunade)...which I had previously predicted. Neji's...I guess you'd call it "surgery"?...well, that was pretty badass lookin'. Looked pretty damn complex too. Everyone knew that Naruto would end up having to confront Sakura, and we all probably knew how she'd react to that. Naruto sticking to his word and saying he'll go after him again was also pretty obvious.
But one thing I actually didn't like was how it was just so damn convenient for Akatsuki to be going after Naruto in 3-4 years, and how Orochimaru can't do his Immortality Technique for another 3 years...giving Naruto ample time to go off training with Jiraya 1 on 1 so he can turn into a complete badass (hopefully). How it just falls together like that I thought was completely lame. I mean, if Akatsuki are doing it in 3-4 years, then what was the whole purpose of Itachi and Kisame showing up at all? All they did was expose themselves and their plan to capturing Naruto and just found out that Jiraya was watching him? You'd figure a group like that would be smart about it and not go flaunting their plans around to people who can stop them. And I think someone mentioned the Jiraya vs. Orochimaru scene being too short. And I gotta say I agree. I mean seriously, they show us that little bit but don't show us any fighting? Who else would have liked to see that fight? I mean it's one on one, Sannin vs Sannin. No interruptions. That would kicked ass. Granted, we all know Jiraya woulda lost in the end, but I'd wanna see him pull off Rasengan on Orochimaru i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif And see what Orochimaru would have used to counter that attack...

Over all, it was a pretty alright episode for being one with no action and following the end of a badass fight. It had some things that we didn't really want/need to see, but knew they had to be at least touched on. But I'm definately not liking this talk of "filler episodes." I fucking hate filler episodes...cuz, I mean...everyone just loved that whole trying to unmask Kakashi [ep 101] and the stupid "Todoroki Taisha Race" chapter, right? [eps 102-106] It had to be my personal favorite section out of the whole series thus far...-_-
I just wanna see the techniques Naruto learns in training and get back to kicking Sasuke's and Orochimaru's ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif...or at least some Akatsuki action. Just some kind of action really O_o
Now I'm just rambling. I'm done.

miaka
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:21 PM
i knew chouji and neji didn't die.. ^_^ good that they are still alive.. they are way to cool to die..

it seems like kishimoto is really trying to emphasize that naruto team is similar to sanin team.. which i don't like.. i mean naruto and sasuke is okay.. but comparing (a good fighter: sanin) tsunade to useless sakura is... well..... V_V..... and dunno why she has to be all sad and stuff.. i mean it is her fault that nobody was able to stop sasuke when he was about to leave.. because she stupidly thought she can stop him when she doesn't mean much to sasuke.. (only as a teammate)... i mean if she had brought naruto.. he prob could have stopped sasuke at that time.... and even kakashi..(by force) ..it's because of her that they lost the final chance to get sasuke back... V_V... every time i see her being sad.. makes me annoyed..

well anyways.. it looks like naruto is going to train with jiraiya.,. and sakura is gonna do something????(V_V man.. i don't wanna see her)... and Oro prob is gonna try to attack konoha again.. since he got his arm back.. and well 3rd hokage is dead... i

I am kinda curious to see if sasuke knows about this immortality technique.. i mean........ it's letting another guy taking complete control over your body.. pretty much.. V_V... i really have no idea what sasuke is thinking.. how does he think ORo is gonna give him power?

Jessper
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
I liked this episode. The Neji scene was pretty cool looking heh. Chouji made it (suprise suprise) ... DAMN! =P

The next arc (that isn't filler) should be interesting, I'm curious as to how this will all work out. I have a few guesses but there is plenty they could cover.

BTW, I think that the whole Akatsuki going in 3-4 years thing is based on their plans to kill Orochimaru as well so I wouldn't count it out as totaly random just yet.

CrackerJason23
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I thought Shikamaru crying was awesome. His father motivated him! Now he cares about being the best leader he can be. This is a huge character shift for him... that's what I love about this show, that we get to watch the characters change and grow, like when Naruto stabbed his own hand, or when Sakura cut her hair, or Gaara or Neji... Really cool.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Temari. Not focusing on her legs, now...and getting to the point: did anyone consider as to why she was even there? Where's Gaara or Kankuro and why isn't Temari with them?

I was wondering where Gaara and Kankuro were too. I guess Temari is just following Shika around cause...well...you know.

Turkish-S
Fri, 05-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

Stop saying noob, noob. Only noobs say noob, noob.

It was an OK episode. The Jiraiya-Naruto chat was made a bit long. To whoever said it was confusing, Naruto basically meant he'll remain a fool because he still wants to get Sasuke back, but he'll also train with Jiraiya in order to do so and take out Oro and Akatsuki and everyone else in the process.

hey noob you just said it 5 time's and it was a FUCKING joke noob.

Don't post if you're just going to flame.

GotWoot Moderator

Kovash
Fri, 05-20-2005, 06:08 AM
Chouji surviving annoyed me more than Neji surviving, for two destinct reasons.

1) Chouji (and Shikamaru) continually (20 times over the whole damn episode) that "if I/he take/s the Red pill, I/he will DEFINATELY die."

2) Where we see Neji's 'surgery' all we saw of Chouji's miraculous recovery was about 3 seconds of him bandaged an lying on a bed, and Tsunade saying "MY GOD! IT'S TOUCH AND GO!"

That REALLY pissed me off, fair enough Kishimoto doesn't want a character to just die, but at LEAST give a plausable reason for their recovery, especially after affirming that there is NO POSSIBLE way for them to survive.

kimbap629
Fri, 05-20-2005, 06:24 AM
The anime seems to be getting good. But WHY!! Now it's anothe filler arc. Just when it was getting to the good parts. Well, at least we got to hear and see the Akatsuki members. That was cool.

nge484
Fri, 05-20-2005, 06:34 AM
how does he think Oro is gonna give him power?
Well first off, Orochimaru can train the crap out of Sasuke. He's a sannin. I'm sure he has a lot to offer. And Sasuke will pick things up easily with that Sharingan of his. Not to mention Orochimaru has already given him the lvl 2 seal which enabled him to stand a chance in hell against Naruto. I think to Sasuke, as long as it's him (or at least his body in this case) who kills Itachi, he'll be satisfied. He did say he'll obtain power by any means necessary...
*Side tracking real quick...(again, I'm not sure if this was brought up since I'm not here often, and I apologize if it was)...during Naruto's fight with Sasuke, why didn't he summon Gamma Bunta when fighting? He just needed to bring him back, and there's no way even a lvl 2 Sasuke could take on Gamma Bunta (and a Kyuubi Naruto on top of that =D) . Woulda been easy as pie bringing Sasuke's lame-ass back.*

Miaka mentioned in the other comment that the Naruto team is similar to the Sannin team...and it's to the point where it's a little irritating, really. If you think about it like that, Naruto is being trained by Jiraya, Sasuke is now with Orochimaru, and Sakura is still 100% worthless i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Though, I'm willing to put down money on the fact that she'll probably be trained to be a medic...seeing how her offense hasn't been very good up until now. I'm thinking she'll be trained by Tsunade actually. Main reason being that the other two are with Sannins now and they've been showing so many similarities between the two groups. It just makes sense to me...
Who's Sakura going to train with while Sasuke and Naruto are gone? Kakashi personally training Sakura? I just can't see it.

I think that the whole Akatsuki going in 3-4 years thing is based on their plans to kill Orochimaru as well so I wouldn't count it out as totaly random just yet.
Did they mention that they were going to kill Orochimaru? I may have missed it, but I don't think they mentioned any plans of the sort. And even if they did, wouldn't now be a suitable time to attack Orochimaru? Itachi can easily wipe out Sasuke, Kabuto I doubt will be a problem for someone like Kisame (or at least his chakra consuming sword)...and Orochimaru's really weak right now because of the immortality jutsu thing.

Jurojin
Fri, 05-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

That is not quite how I saw it said- Ero-sennin was saying the wise thing to do was not try to help Sasuke, drawing from his personal past with Oro. He said that he wouldnt train Naruto if he did try to go after Sasuke, and Naruto would be a fool to try. Naruto comes back with If that what being wise means, Id rather be a fool- I wont give up, (insert_common_Naruto_way_of_the_ninja_phrase_here ). Ero-sennin was moved by this, by reminding him of himself and how stubborn hed be in Narutos position. So, he caves and decided to go ahead and train Naruto, to help him against Sasuke, and Itachi & Co. SO, not a case of NAruto choosing to train, more of Ero-sennin agreeing to train him anyways, in spite of what he said earlier..

Wow, that does seem confusing O.o

Husse
Fri, 05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
About the "Itachi beeing stronger then Orochimaru - Orochimaru said so himself":
Dident Orochimaru say "And now hes stronger then me" considering his arms taken out ? ? ?

galarnon
Fri, 05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by: Husse
About the "Itachi beeing stronger then Orochimaru - Orochimaru said so himself":
Dident Orochimaru say "And now hes stronger then me" considering his arms taken out ? ? ?

No man I just rechecked it now and so I also want to apologize for getting mad at someone else here.

Orochimaru indeed said that he said that's was the reason he left Akatsuki so it means when he still had his arms.

Assertn
Fri, 05-20-2005, 10:16 AM
no, because oro left the organization BEFORE he attacked konoha

kovash: what was wrong with the chouji scene? His solution for his problem was more medicinal, while neji's required cell recreation. Even if chouji's situation was more severe to require tsunade's help, it didnt require anything as flashy. Tsunade pretty much analyzed the effect of the red pill scientifically in that it specifically eats away at the body and converts it into chakra. Then she found a counter to stop the body from being eaten away. Asking for a more detailed explanation would be like asking how specifically an antibiotic would work. I dont think shikamaru, temari, and shukaku cared enough to know those details.

Husse
Fri, 05-20-2005, 11:07 AM

No man I just rechecked it now and so I also want to apologize for getting mad at someone else here.

Orochimaru indeed said that he said that's was the reason he left Akatsuki so it means when he still had his arms.

There must be some kind of mistake...first off, Kakshi is scared as hell of Orochimaru but not Itachi?? Why?
Second, Itachi admits that Jiraya is stronger then both him and Kisame toghter and who else more they might bring.
Naruto episode 83: Itachi speaking to Kisame about Jiraya: If we both fought him, we would both be killed. Or in a good case, we might kill him, but we'd die along with him. Even if we had more men, that result would not change"

Assertn
Fri, 05-20-2005, 12:49 PM
kakashi isnt scared as hell of oro....

kakashi freaked when oro used his killing intent thing with his eyes on him....the same way oro used it on sasuke, sakura, kimimaro, the guy that won in that slaughter prison....

Y
Fri, 05-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Also, I'm sure Kakashi doesn't know Itachi's exact powers compared to Orochimaru. It's not like he's lined them up next to each other and asked who's better.

pakman
Fri, 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
I was thinking, is Chouji going to stay skinny like that or will he become fat again?

chet_chetty
Fri, 05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
kakashi isnt scared as hell of oro....

kakashi freaked when oro used his killing intent thing with his eyes on him....the same way oro used it on sasuke, sakura, kimimaro, the guy that won in that slaughter prison....

when did oro give him the killing intent stare? cuz if i remember correctly (i usually dont) before the chuunin fights, Kakashi is trying to control Sasuke's curse seal w/ another seal. Oro comes out, Kakashi fires up the chidori, oro says some stuff and leaves, and Kakashi thinks "what the hell was i thinking?" i remember coming away from that ep thinking Kakashi was scared shitless of Oro.

Krbadass
Fri, 05-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by: pakman
I was thinking, is Chouji going to stay skinny like that or will he become fat again?

I was kind of wondering the same thing.

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 05-20-2005, 02:01 PM

hmm, i bet Chouji's gonna keep himself in shape now and then attract all the womens.

Snow*Man
Fri, 05-20-2005, 02:07 PM
"killing intent" is not some kind of technique/jutsu that one would use on someone, it's more of a state of mind. kakashi is freaked because he knows oro is strong and wont be satisfied until he kills his opponent. Oro will take his time to kill his opponent instead of tricking/immobilizing/incapcitating them to reach his target and he will enjoy it. thats his "killing intent"

oh and chouji should have died it would have been an awesome death/sacrifice

Board of Command
Fri, 05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by: Krbadass

Originally posted by: pakman

I was kind of wondering the same thing.
He's just on a yoyo diet. He'll be back to normal in a couple weeks.

Jurojin
Fri, 05-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by: Snow*Man
"killing intent" is not some kind of technique/jutsu that one would use on someone, it's more of a state of mind. kakashi is freaked because he knows oro is strong and wont be satisfied until he kills his opponent. Oro will take his time to kill his opponent instead of tricking/immobilizing/incapcitating them to reach his target and he will enjoy it. thats his "killing intent"

oh and chouji should have died it would have been an awesome death/sacrifice

I disagree with the first part. Remember during the chuunin exams, in the forest, Sasuke, who's never faced/seen Oro, get paralyzed by that same fear. I do think it's a genjutsu, because the only way Sasuke was able to get out of it was the "hurt yourself to distract you and break the spell" trick, same as shikamaru in his fight. (broken finger, anyone?)

For plot development, yes, at least SOMEONE should have died in all of that.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 05-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't understand the disputes about who's strongver than someone else. There's no way of noticing chakra levels like it was fucking DBZ ... just because Orochi's opinion is that he is weaker than Itachi doesn't mean it's actually true, depending on a lot of factors, including how well they know each other. And just because someone could be proved stronger doesn't even mean he will win the battle. I think when the characters speak of strength, it should be taken with a grain of salt, considering all the other factors involved.

Assertn
Fri, 05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
it always happens whenever oro does that glare with his eyes......actually he mightve done i to tsunade too, now that i think of it.....
you know......kinda like the way a snake can glare at its prey.......eh? eh?

and yes, he did do the stare thing to kakashi when kakashi was charging up the raikiri. Kakashi even saw an image of his head being decapitated as part of oro's trick.

also, chouji is probably going to become fat again.....
all his clan's styles revolve around his extra body weight

Turkish-S
Fri, 05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
maybe SPOILER:.

was it realy kakashi who's head was chopped off. i alway's thought it was his brother that died. And kakashi got a litle flashback seeing his brother getting unheaded by oro. i don't know for sure tho. i have read it somewhere else on a forum.

miaka
Fri, 05-20-2005, 07:41 PM
"Well first off, Orochimaru can train the crap out of Sasuke. He's a sannin. I'm sure he has a lot to offer. And Sasuke will pick things up easily with that Sharingan of his. Not to mention Orochimaru has already given him the lvl 2 seal which enabled him to stand a chance in hell against Naruto. I think to Sasuke, as long as it's him (or at least his body in this case) who kills Itachi, he'll be satisfied. He did say he'll obtain power by any means necessary..."

-> well first of all he already got lvl2.. and don't think oro is the one to teach jutsus and stuff..

"during Naruto's fight with Sasuke, why didn't he summon Gamma Bunta when fighting? He just needed to bring him back, and there's no way even a lvl 2 Sasuke could take on Gamma Bunta (and a Kyuubi Naruto on top of that Woulda been easy as pie bringing Sasuke's lame-ass back."

-> heh naruto wasn't suposed to take sasuke back.. prob why they had sasuke be equal to naruto..

"Miaka mentioned in the other comment that the Naruto team is similar to the Sannin team...and it's to the point where it's a little irritating, really. If you think about it like that, Naruto is being trained by Jiraya, Sasuke is now with Orochimaru, and Sakura is still 100% worthless Though, I'm willing to put down money on the fact that she'll probably be trained to be a medic...seeing how her offense hasn't been very good up until now. I'm thinking she'll be trained by Tsunade actually. Main reason being that the other two are with Sannins now and they've been showing so many similarities between the two groups. It just makes sense to me...
Who's Sakura going to train with while Sasuke and Naruto are gone? Kakashi personally training Sakura? I just can't see it."

-> that's why i m annoyed i don't understand why great ninja/hokage needs to train a lazy "i don't train" sakura ... V_V... and her motivation is SASUKE.. probably.. that's just stupid..

"Did they mention that they were going to kill Orochimaru? "

-> yes they did say they want to kill him

EDIT: oh.. assertn.. "kinda like the way a snake can glare at its prey.".-> good observation.. that makes perfect sense.. i mean he has the tongues like a snake too.. so prob something like that

Kovash
Fri, 05-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I think that 'glare' thing is a trick made up by Ourochimaru, kinda like the Rasengan (just a flex of chakra, if you get my drift), Zabuza and Kakashi do it accidently once, Sasuke is parazlied by the 'killing intent' of their Chakra when everyone got enveloped by the mist the first time.

Just like Kabuto could sense the 'killing intent' inside the Chakra Tsunade was supposedly going to use to heal Ourochimaru; though he didn't get paralized.

Which seems to support the theory that if Ourochimaru can elicit THAT kind of effect in even a great Jounin like Kakashi, he's got a pretty mean/sick mind, and a WHOLE lot of agnst boiling up in that little head of his. (hmm, sorta like another pale-faced, dark-haired brat we all know...)

Seems more like a mental jab, rather than the 'hypnotic' stare a snake tends to employ (not all snakes, but the ones that do...) though I can see the similarities.

Assassin
Fri, 05-20-2005, 09:34 PM

if only you knew........

ok heres my prediction.....the anime will "fastforward" 3 years and have adolecent versions of the genins, with new tricks and whatnot. hopefully it'll be a dark(er) storyline with less mass kagebunshin and more actually jutsus.

it may not be exactly the same, but i feel some sort of fastforward comming, maybe with occasional scences of the time in between or something.

since i didn't bother reading the 4 pages before this one, i dont know if im th first one to think of this. but i dont really care and im officially trademarking this idea as mine....unless its wrong. in that case, some noob thought of it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
2) Where we see Neji's 'surgery' all we saw of Chouji's miraculous recovery was about 3 seconds of him bandaged an lying on a bed, and Tsunade saying "MY GOD! IT'S TOUCH AND GO!"

They explained it completely in the episode. Bascially, the red pill eats away at your body to generate enormous chakra. Its kinda like the Cursed Seal like that. The only problem is, you can't turn it off. Its like a chemical in your body and it just keeps going.

In order to save Choiji, the only thing that was needed was for Tsunade to find an antidote for the red pill thats eating away his body. Thats what she figured out with the whole antler thing, and thats what the tubes going into his body were for. In fact Chouji's dad mentioned that if she hadn't been there he would have died because she's probably the only one with enough medical knowledge to come up with an antidote so fast.

Unlike Neji, he didn't need complicated surgery to repair his wounds, just the antidote and probably alot of recovery time.

Fuzzlepop
Sat, 05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
They explained it completely in the episode. Bascially, the red pill eats away at your body to generate enormous chakra. Its kinda like the Cursed Seal like that. The only problem is, you can't turn it off. Its like a chemical in your body and it just keeps going.

I think this kind of explains that he will be back to his normal size when we next see him as well. From what the other person says it is pretty obvious anyway since that's what all his jutsu's revolve around, but to examine it more logically it would probably be that since the pills are no longer eating at his body (which was what made him thin in the first place) the anidote will likely have to repair some of what it did eat up, thus restoring his original....er....shape. I could be wrong, but that would seem to make sense.

Assertn
Sat, 05-21-2005, 01:05 AM
turkish-shikamaru...........wtf? you and your crazy spoilers that don't exist....
there has never been a reference to kakashi having a brother, and the scene with him and oro was an image of kakashi's death, the same way sasuke and sakura had images of kunais piercing their skulls back when oro first appeared. Even if it was supposed to be another relative of kakashi that he saw an image of....do you really think that other members of his family happen to have the same hairstyle and headband over one eye?

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:14 AM
turkish-shikamaru...........wtf? you and your crazy spoilers that don't exist....
there has never been a reference to kakashi having a brother, and the scene with him and oro was an image of kakashi's death, the same way sasuke and sakura had images of kunais piercing their skulls back when oro first appeared. Even if it was supposed to be another relative of kakashi that he saw an image of....do you really think that other members of his family happen to have the same hairstyle and headband over one eye?

i don't know why i said it was a spoiler but i thought maybe some of the bitches around here will start saying dumb things that i spoil. i realy thought kakashi has a brother that died and he had the other sharingan. Maybe i'm dreaming tho. i only said something that was on another forum. thats all. i don't read the manga so i don't know if it was a spoiler.

Kovash
Sat, 05-21-2005, 04:11 AM

Aye, but it was the casualness in which it was done, the hair-thread surgury seemed more real than Tsunade casually flipping through pages of a giant book, and everyone saying "Well, wasn't it a happy coincidence that the greatest healer in the world just so happened to be here, and that the Nara clan just so happened to keep a giant book of medical secrets around."

And that IS how they phrase it (with only minor exaggerations).

I'm not saying that Neji is cooler than Chouji and Chouji deserved to die, but affirming something and then throwing two great big coincidences to circumvent it (see. Deus Ex Machina) is just bad writing. It's just as bad as Lee's horrible injury with no hope of recovery, and only a 1% chance of surviving the nessecary surgury that just so happens to exist - and noto nly did he survive the unlikely surgury, but we see him fighting in near-top form the DAY he gets out of surgury. He didn't even take the stupid medicine that was supposed to keep him from dying.

[/annoyed rant]

I think Kishimoto does a wonderful job with his story, it's great and captivating; but it's the little, annoying, physical-reality-bending coincidences that just shit me off, when a writer just can't bring themselves to kill off a character (especially one who has such little importance to the overall story anyway).

EDIT: Fixed some bad grammer

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Personally, I expect Chouji to get fat again if only because all of his powers require him to be fat.

But he honestly looks alot cooler when he isn't fat. He could probably even get Ino to put out lookin like that!

Jessper
Sat, 05-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by: Kovash
It's just as bad as Lee's horrible injury with no hope of recovery, and only a 1% chance of surviving the nessecary surgury that just so happens to exist - and noto nly did he survive the unlikely surgury, but we see him fighting in near-top form the DAY he gets out of surgury.

err, you mean 50% right?

Swee
Sat, 05-21-2005, 07:38 AM
this was a nice episode.. however i still tink tat 133 still rocks where Naruto & Sasuke fought.. Naruto somehow looked lk Iruka when he got a bandage over his nose.. haha.. da Akatsuki meeting was cool.. guess Naruto will still go for a 3 yr training w/ Jiraiya rite? cant wait for da nxt episode!!

Assertn
Sat, 05-21-2005, 07:42 AM
i don't know why i said it was a spoiler but i thought maybe some of the bitches around here will start saying dumb things that i spoil. i realy thought kakashi has a brother that died and he had the other sharingan. Maybe i'm dreaming tho. i only said something that was on another forum. thats all. i don't read the manga so i don't know if it was a spoiler.

lol..........
if kakashi's had an uchiha brother.....then wouldnt that make him an uchiha as well?

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sat, 05-21-2005, 08:11 AM
No one noticed that whenever an Akatsuki member talks, the person in question always has "radio-interference" , you know, it starts to have static.

You could obviously see who's Itachi, he's much smaller than the rest, and of course the Sharingan i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
And there's NOT a second sharingan user wihtin the Akatsuki like someone said before (I think)

Psyke
Sat, 05-21-2005, 09:13 AM

lol..........
if kakashi's had an uchiha brother.....then wouldnt that make him an uchiha as well?

They managed to kill an Uchiha and decided to share his sharingan eyes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

lol..........

They managed to kill an Uchiha and decided to share his sharingan eyes.

yeah that's what i think.
i never said he had an uchiha brother but a brother.

Mut
Sat, 05-21-2005, 12:06 PM
yeah that's what i think.
i never said he had an uchiha brother but a brother.
Oh my god...

If Kakashi had a brother whom he took the sharingan from, then that brother had to have been an Uchiha. Which means that Kakashi is also and Uchiha.

Where the hell is your head...

RasenDori
Sat, 05-21-2005, 12:22 PM
maybe its his half brother. kakashi mom was the slut of konoha and got it on with everyone

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-21-2005, 12:53 PM
k like always my english fuck's me.
what i meant was kakashi had a normal brother and not an uchiha brother .
i forgot to say normal in this sentince: never said he had an uchiha brother but a (normal) brother.
i don't know why but i couldn't edit my message.
i also said that psyke was right: They managed to kill an Uchiha and decided to share his sharingan eyes.
maybe not killed but found a corp's of a uchiha.

but let's skip this and go on with the topic.

( and i'm a chuunin now YAHOOOOOO)

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:41 PM
The akatsuki meeting was cool.
Reading the manga, I wasn't sure if that last shot of the sharingan person was Itachi or not.
I guess it was.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-21-2005, 03:20 PM
No no, I got it. Kakashi and is brother ARE both Uchiha's, and it's their regular eyes that they got from someone else, not their Sharingan eyes!

That dudes all:

"Fucking Uchiha twins that are named Hakate! I hate your Sharingan cheating powers! So Imma stab both of youse in the eyes!" STABS UCHIHA TWINS NAMED HAKATE IN THE EYE!

"Oh nos! Wees each been stabbed in an eye! I'm gonna fucking kill this dude!" KILLS DUDE!

"Now you and me are each missing an eye bro! We need two eyes for awsome ninja depth perception! Hey this dead guy has too eyes!" STEALS EYES!

"Bitchin' idea Kakashi! Now we rule again but my old Sharingan eye is lonely without is friend, we better cover them up hey whose that?" DECAPITATED BY OROCHIMARU!

And thats the legend of Kakashi and his twin Uchiha brother according to Turk.

multi
Sat, 05-21-2005, 04:46 PM
omg how can u not focus on temari's legs?? damn she was lookin way too hot i was freakin goin crazy. if i were shikamaru id be like hey so u gonna spread those legs of yours for me. Id make her feel sorry for me more that shed be comfortin me like crazy make her vunerable so shed let me fuck her. I wanted to see her cross her legs infront of shikamaru, i know he was poppin a boner, tryin to be sneaky not lookin there.

pakman
Sat, 05-21-2005, 04:47 PM
No no, I got it. Kakashi and is brother ARE both Uchiha's, and it's their regular eyes that they got from someone else, not their Sharingan eyes!

That dudes all:

"Fucking Uchiha twins that are named Hakate! I hate your Sharingan cheating powers! So Imma stab both of youse in the eyes!" STABS UCHIHA TWINS NAMED HAKATE IN THE EYE!

"Oh nos! Wees each been stabbed in an eye! I'm gonna fucking kill this dude!" KILLS DUDE!

"Now you and me are each missing an eye bro! We need two eyes for awsome ninja depth perception! Hey this dead guy has too eyes!" STEALS EYES!

"Bitchin' idea Kakashi! Now we rule again but my old Sharingan eye is lonely without is friend, we better cover them up hey whose that?" DECAPITATED BY OROCHIMARU!

That has got to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

greateachermin
Sat, 05-21-2005, 05:37 PM
I do agree that Temari's legs are hot.

Your post history:
3-9-05 Posted a spoiler
5-9-05 Posted another spoiler

This is the 3rd time you've posted a spoiler in the last two months. Can't you get the hint that being a manga prophet isn't a good thing? Spoiler has been removed and user has been banned for 2 days.

GotWoot Moderator

Kovash
Sat, 05-21-2005, 10:51 PM

That dudes all:

hah! now THAT was funny.

Oh, I doubt that last guy shown with the red eyes was Itachi, or even someone with the Sharingan - there were no 'pupils' (dojutsu?) he just has red eyes and a ring around his main pupil. SO, more than likely, he's just supposed to look evil and intimidating.

Sam98034
Sat, 05-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by: multi
omg how can u not focus on temari's legs?? damn she was lookin way too hot i was freakin goin crazy. if i were shikamaru id be like hey so u gonna spread those legs of yours for me. Id make her feel sorry for me more that shed be comfortin me like crazy make her vunerable so shed let me fuck her. I wanted to see her cross her legs infront of shikamaru, i know he was poppin a boner, tryin to be sneaky not lookin there.

who was popping one now? And can you be more descriptive please?

Originally posted by: Kovash

It's just as bad as Lee's horrible injury with no hope of recovery, and only a 1% chance of surviving the nessecary surgury that just so happens to exist - and noto nly did he survive the unlikely surgury, but we see him fighting in near-top form the DAY he gets out of surgury. He didn't even take the stupid medicine that was supposed to keep him from dying.

Wasn't it like 50%. And he's been recovering since the Garaa fight. I no longer have the episodes to check, but I'm pretty sure he was recovering for more than 1 day after the surgeory.

Sam98034
Sat, 05-21-2005, 11:14 PM
god i'm an idiot, double post. How do I delete?

Kirakun
Sun, 05-22-2005, 12:34 AM

How the hell did u get to this?!?!?!.... stop fucking thinking Itachi's stronger than oro and what's fucking related that he will quit because itachi is stronger, so... he can still stay there!!

although was it just me or did it seem like the non-Itachi person that was talking have Sharingan? Maybe it was looking at Itachi while he was speaking, I couldn't really tell, but that would bump my score up if that were the case.

In English next time please galarnon kthxbye

Roko
Sun, 05-22-2005, 01:50 AM
this ep sucked cuz Shikamaru cried. Damn...he must be stronger!!
well, other than that, this ep was decent (fine, I know I said it sucked, but that was only when Shika cried). It was cool seeing Neji's shoulder get reconstructed with his hair. Interesting that they made the conversation of akatsuki like static and unfocusness on a t.v. Wonder why they just didn't make that part solid and not have the image buzz around.

Sam98034
Sun, 05-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
Interesting that they made the conversation of akatsuki like static and unfocusness on a t.v. Wonder why they just didn't make that part solid and not have the image buzz around.

to make it all mysterious and shit..ooooooo!!

Mut
Sun, 05-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Man, those guys don't look anything alike the guys that was shown way back when Jiraiya was talking about them.

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sun, 05-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Man, those guys don't look anything alike the guys that was shown way back when Jiraiya was talking about them.

You mean with the clothes and shades without a face?...

FrostBiteAS
Sun, 05-22-2005, 08:05 AM
ep was better then 134... abit slow tho...

kimbap629
Sun, 05-22-2005, 08:32 AM
well, it seemed like the anime was going straight on the manga's plot. i guess next weeks' episode 136 and a few more are gonna be filler arcs...
the anime was on the manga's chapter 237....

oh well, i just hope that this new coming filler arc comes and goes by in like 2 episodes. i dont want another "idate-raijin-aoi sensei" thing where the whole thing was just totally off the manga's plot...

well, i'll be awaiting aone's next episode release....keep up the good work!

DarkSasuke
Sun, 05-22-2005, 09:49 AM
naruto subbed by AONE is much slower than the one from DB

Read the damn rules. No animated avatars. Also your signature is way too big. Max dimensions: 400x80.

GotWoot Moderator

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sun, 05-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by: DarkSasuke
naruto subbed by AONE is much slower than the one from DB

true, but I still go for AonE

Maybe it's because of my codecs, but whenever I watch a DB sub, it starts randomly flashing green images during the episode
Very annoying, maybe I should just do something about it, but I'm not someone that takes initiative right away...
So I'll just stick to AonE i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Sun, 05-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by: Hyuuga_Destiny

You mean with the clothes and shades without a face?...

The shape of the shades. Pay attention.

Mae
Sun, 05-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Not a bad wrap-up episode. I was spoiled on Neji and Choji surviving, so no surprise for me, but I agree that it was a little cheap. Especially for Choji, since he had such a nice death scene. I can't be too upset though since I like both the characters and I'm happy they're still in the show.

What I wondered was why they saved the nice art for THIS ep instead of some of the earlier fights. Much more detail in character design, shading, etc. Naruto was exceptionally cute in the bandages, strange that it's his design that seems to fluctuate the most.

So, some filler and then a time jump maybe? A mission filler again, but I agree that having Jiraiya along could make it better. And it looks like they're setting up a conflict with three sides in three years (Oro and his group, the Konoha ninjas, and Akatsuki). Maybe Sasuke (still on Oro's side) temporily joins forces with Naruto against Akatsuki in order to kill his brother? Or they could have different Konoha groups fighting both sides at once and lots of flashing back and forth. Or both sides attacking Akatsuki independantly. Lots of possiblities, us anime viewers will have to wait and see.

multi
Sun, 05-22-2005, 03:29 PM
i hope in those filler episodes leaf teams up with sand more so we can all see temaris beautiful legs again. maybe see her doing some flips we can wha she wearin underneath that short slit skirt she wearin. hopefully shikamaru finally spits some game on her

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sun, 05-22-2005, 04:03 PM
It's good to see Jiraiya on the fillers, but Kakashi is still very cool
So if they are both in it, you won't here me complain i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Maybe they can do a filler with some jounins.
I mean, who isn't waiting for high level battles

The hokage battle was so cool, those are the jutsus I want to see.

Extrax
Sun, 05-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Why don't you leaf this kind of comment for the topic where it belongs
com'on man, say something usefull
Jezus

GROW UP

==> It's about the Temari post

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sun, 05-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by: Extrax
Why don't you leaf this kind of comment for the topic where it belongs
comon man, say something usefull
Jezus

GROW UP

Are you talking about my post?
Or about the Temari post... (which I see more and more)

And there's not much left to talk about the ep

Extrax
Sun, 05-22-2005, 04:19 PM
The Temari post

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sun, 05-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by: Extrax
The Temari post

Yeah, I'm kinda bothered by it too.
Kinda childish behaviour.
Some may say, pathetic...

It takes me back to the tomb raider days i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

By the way, who thinks that they should have stopped the hospital scene after teardrops came from Shika?
The things he said after the teardrops kinda spoiled it, it seemed more dramatic if they hadn't let him speak (and more beautiful)
I'm for those moment s i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Sun, 05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
actually.....i was wondering how they'd handle that scene ever since i saw it in the manga.....
its hard to imagine shika's crying voice i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Thats easy, they just get Shika's voice actor, hammer a nail into his foot, then have him read the line.

miaka
Sun, 05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Thats easy, they just get Shika's voice actor, hammer a nail into his foot, then have him read the line.

lol.. since japanese actors are good.. there is no need for that.. but for dub actors.. they prob have to do something like that if we are to hear anything decent

EDIT: how amusing.. i dind't expect what i said to become a argument material.. TO CLARIFY IT IS NOT A RACIST REMARK!!!... i never said japanese can voice act good or AMERICAN can't voice act....Japanese seems to take time and just simply choose good ones for anime.. where dubed ones don't choose good ones except for few exceptions.. i noticed that often that you see a lot of emotions with japanese voice anime actors but not with dubbed voice actors.. that was why i said this . i would have posted a new stuff.. but since like moderator said it is getting way off topic.. i decided to just edit for (future readers) whoever read it...

Board of Command
Sun, 05-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Get Al Pacino. If he can do Scarface for over 2 hours, he can do Shika's crying voice for 10 seconds.

chambers
Mon, 05-23-2005, 06:58 AM
now now boc lets not go insulting the greatest actor of all time. and remeber he doesnt cry he SHOUTS

Sam98034
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by: miaka

lol.. since japanese actors are good.. there is no need for that..

How is that not racist?

Mut
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Shut up. There is no racism in any of those posts. Don't bring up stupid shit.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
So in the next episode the filler story begins right? If the last filler arc had lightsabers anyone want to take a guess at what popular beloved film, tv show, or book is going to be plagerized next. I'm hoping that naruto has to go search for a great ninja ring of power.

Turkish-S
Mon, 05-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
So in the next episode the filler story begins right? If the last filler arc had lightsabers anyone want to take a guess at what popular beloved film, tv show, or book is going to be plagerized next. I'm hoping that naruto has to go search for a great ninja ring of power.

yeah that would be cool. or ehm.....an ancient sword that is stuck in a rock and only the chosen one can pul it out and thus become king of the hidden coffee village.

xDANZIGx
Mon, 05-23-2005, 02:40 PM
I understand why orichi has to wait 3 years for gaysauce, but why does Akatsuki have to wait until they can go after naruto?

Assertn
Mon, 05-23-2005, 02:43 PM

lol.. since japanese actors are good.. there is no need for that.. but for dub actors.. they prob have to do something like that if we are to hear anything decent

i'd imagine that if japanese kids watched an english cartoon that was dubbed in their language, they'd be thinking the exact opposite

Sam98034
Mon, 05-23-2005, 08:57 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

"lol.. since japanese actors are good.. there is no need for that.."

Exactly how isn't it racist? It's positive, It's not meant to be racist, but it is. Really, what does good acting have to do with being Japanese? What if we said a group of people can't act?

"lol...since black people can't act...there is no need for that.."

I'm not trying to start a dumb argument or stupid flame war with miaka...but you are. Fuck you.

Mut
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:20 PM
You're just over-analyzing and unnecessarily looking deeper than you should into something she said. What she said isn't racist. Get the fuck over it.

Deblas
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: Sam98034

Exactly how isn't it racist? It's positive, It's not meant to be racist, but it is. Really, what does good acting have to do with being Japanese? What if we said a group of people can't act?

I'm not trying to start a dumb argument or stupid flame war with miaka...but you are. Fuck you.

It's not racist Sam*numbers* even if you think it is, She is just saying that japanese actors are good. She's not insulting anyone.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Hahaha, what the balls Miaka said japanese people are good actors (THATS A COMPLIMENT) and he's blowin a load about racism. Wow.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 05-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: Sam98034

You have too much time on your hands.. get out more.

This argument needs to stop. Not only is it getting out of topic, its getting out of hand. Lets get back on track with Episode 135 here.

GotWoot Moderator

Brokenimage0
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Maybe in these next few filler eps we may see another chuunin exam(in three years all of the rookies better be chounin) or if were lucky a jounin exam...that would be sick...and maybe the third makengyou sharingan user IS kakashi...i dont read the manga so i dont have a clue. and akatsuki is probably waiting three yeas so naruto can develop and they can use him.also itachi and kisami probably showed up to see where he was at right then,they just happened to bump into the wrong people...though i agree they could have been more ninjaish about it...i mean come on,right? and since this is the only real forum on naruto ive read and im mostly sure none of this was mentioned i figured id toss some ideads out there to see what other non manga readers think. So let me know.

Honoko
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:19 PM
itachi and kisame clearly showed up to try to kidnap naruto but wasn't able to b/c of jiraiya. and i really doubt that the actual reason for a clandestine, evil organization to wait 3 years is to let its target become BETTER and therefore harder to capture. that, in particular, sounds extreme un-"ninajaish".

as for the fillers, i tend to expect the worst in hopes of being pleasantly surprised-- kinda like how i managed to enjoy the naruto movie ;P

miaka
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM
hmm ii think it maybe that they need more preparation... i mean .... to take kyubbi out of naruto won't be that easy.. maybe they need to prepare for that.. and prob was the reason that itachi/kisame wasn't in hurry to kidnap naruto

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-24-2005, 02:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There must be some kind of mistake...first off, Kakshi is scared as hell of Orochimaru but not Itachi?? Why?
Second, Itachi admits that Jiraya is stronger then both him and Kisame toghter and who else more they might bring.
Naruto episode 83: Itachi speaking to Kisame about Jiraya: If we both fought him, we would both be killed. Or in a good case, we might kill him, but we'd die along with him. Even if we had more men, that result would not change"

Its all based on perspective really, from Kakashi's perspective he thinks Sannin are bad ass, and that before the Tsukiyomi tech, that he could possibly even take Itachi....he was wrong.

From Itachi's perspective, he views the Sannin as a threat, even though he has incredible power, and youth, he considers their knowledge and experience to be a viable threat to his life. Also with the whole Jiraiya fight, he really just wanted Naruto, and to get the hell out of there, he didnt want to draw any more attention on himself or his organization. (If you notice, jackass Kisame did most of the talking like a stupid loud mouthed bitch, even though Itachi hinted at their goal as well.)

Orochimaru feels that Itachi is stronger than him most probably cause of his complete Sharingan. He fears sharingan users, because they can gain what took him several life times to gain in a matter of seconds just by watching his actions. Orochimaru left to keep his abilitys and limits secret to the organization most likely, and to also find out who he'd have to overthrow in his plans to become absolute ruler. To sum up, Itachi is stronger because he's faster, can predict moves, copy all of Orochimaru's long developed techs in seconds, and is immune to Orochi's Genjutsu. I hope that can satisfy all of you Itachi vs. Sannin people.

next order of business

Miaka says:

"Well first off, Orochimaru can train the crap out of Sasuke. He's a sannin. I'm sure he has a lot to offer. And Sasuke will pick things up easily with that Sharingan of his. Not to mention Orochimaru has already given him the lvl 2 seal which enabled him to stand a chance in hell against Naruto. I think to Sasuke, as long as it's him (or at least his body in this case) who kills Itachi, he'll be satisfied. He did say he'll obtain power by any means necessary..."

Well, let's look at this logically, if you were Orochimaru what would be the first thing you'd do to Sasuke when he arrived. LOCK HIS FUCKING ASS UP FOR 3 YEARS!!! Why teach him anything!? Are you fucking stupid? Sasuke already has a major advantage on Orochi, a now complete sharingan. Why teach him anything to make him stronger? When Orochimaru takes over his body, he will have all of his techniques, and all of Sasuke's! Why give sasuke the chance to do anything to escape, kill anyone, etc. That would just be totally stupid! If Orochimaru is arrogant enough to leave him be, I will simply lose respect for him and his wisdom. With people like Kabuto, and the Sound 5 its not a problem, they worship Orochimaru, but others, like his current container(as well as the container's victims) were all locked up cause they obviously didn't see Orochi as their shinobi messiah. Sasuke should be immediately put into another barrel filled with cement up to his neck and given an IV to feed and nourish him, that's it.

next

Kovash says:

"I think that 'glare' thing is a trick made up by Ourochimaru, kinda like the Rasengan (just a flex of chakra, if you get my drift), Zabuza and Kakashi do it accidently once, Sasuke is parazlied by the 'killing intent' of their Chakra when everyone got enveloped by the mist the first time.

Just like Kabuto could sense the 'killing intent' inside the Chakra Tsunade was supposedly going to use to heal Ourochimaru; though he didn't get paralized.

Which seems to support the theory that if Ourochimaru can elicit THAT kind of effect in even a great Jounin like Kakashi, he's got a pretty mean/sick mind, and a WHOLE lot of agnst boiling up in that little head of his. (hmm, sorta like another pale-faced, dark-haired brat we all know...)

Seems more like a mental jab, rather than the 'hypnotic' stare a snake tends to employ (not all snakes, but the ones that do...) though I can see the similarities. "

I'm pretty sure the eye trick Orochimaru does is a Paralysis Genjutsu, when he uses on Sasuke in the Forest of Death, not only does Sasuke and Sakura see premonitions of their immanent death, but also Orochi distortedly appears as a huge fuck off snake for awhile.

As for the Kabuto telling about Tsunade's Chakra....I've got no fucking idea on that one, sorry. I can only imagine as a medical specialist himself, maybe he can "feel" chakra emanations or something, and I'm sure "healing" chakra feels all "warm and fuzzy inside" not to mention green appearantly. While the ol' killin chakra is usually more "violent" feeling and colors that are not green ( ie blue, red, purple, black, polka dot, fuchia, etc).

DarthEnder says:

That dudes all:

I say:
Dude....you make me smile.

Multi says:

i hope in those filler episodes leaf teams up with sand more so we can all see temaris beautiful legs again. maybe see her doing some flips we can wha she wearin underneath that short slit skirt she wearin. hopefully shikamaru finally spits some game on her

Go to a supply store....buy some poster board, draw a huge picture of Temari, cut out the naughty bits, buy a cheap whole, place poster board over said whore, do your business, get and STD and go die...

Kovash says:

Oh, I doubt that last guy shown with the red eyes was Itachi, or even someone with the Sharingan - there were no 'pupils' (dojutsu?) he just has red eyes and a ring around his main pupil. SO, more than likely, he's just supposed to look evil and intimidating.

Doesn't the Jounin Kurenai have red eyes kinda like that?

Miaka says:

EDIT: how amusing.. i dind't expect what i said to become a argument material.. TO CLARIFY IT IS NOT A RACIST REMARK!!!... i never said japanese can voice act good or AMERICAN can't voice act....Japanese seems to take time and just simply choose good ones for anime.. where dubed ones don't choose good ones except for few exceptions.. i noticed that often that you see a lot of emotions with japanese voice anime actors but not with dubbed voice actors.. that was why i said this . i would have posted a new stuff.. but since like moderator said it is getting way off topic.. i decided to just edit for (future readers) whoever read it...

I don't think its racist Miaka, but I do think its true, Western actors are ok....but I haven' t heard many anime voice actors that I like at all. Oh, and just for the record, a lot of anime that gets sent over here, gets produced in Canada, so its not the shitty Americans this time, its those damn Canadians! hahaha! (I'm 1/4 Canadian so don't flame me on racism, its a fucking joke get over yourself righteousness and lighen the fuck up)

As for my take on the episode, I believe it was like most episodes of Futurama, it started with a bang....and ended with a fizzle. Kishimoto is a jackass for making a story about ninjas were hardily anyone dies. Its like fucking Star Wars with all the Jedi surviving...or worse yet, all the stormtroopers. I like Neji, I'll admit. But he should be fertilizer now, with two huge holes and several smaller ones in him...even if no vitals were hit, can we say bloodloss. I know if punched a huge hole in my torso just above my heart, that I'd most likely die in seconds...

As for Choji, after all of that he looked (seriously no pun or racism intended here) a poor holocaust survivor... He shouldn't be getting fat anytime soon, cause if you put all that weight back on that fast you'd die. I really can't see how even in a world where physics don't always apply, a 200lb. or so 12 year old could lose over a hundred pounds over the course of one fight while totally exerting his muscles and "chakra" didn't die sooner?

Not to mention the fact that these guys were basically sitting there waiting for death HOW LONG before they were "rescued"

So to sum up in one enormous run on sentance, Naruto is still a failure and a jackass, Sakura is still a whiny bitch, physics still don't apply, ERs and Doctors are much cooler in Naruto, Shikamaru is becoming a man, Temari has some sort of facination with Shikamaru, We have no fucking clue how Lee is holding up or where he, Gaara, & Kankurou are, Jiraiya can actually be a serious fatherly figure, and more "almost indefinately" shitty filler is coming up.... ::catches breath::

Cross your fingers, do a rain dance, throw salt over your shoulder, pray, or do whatever in hope that this next off-shoot saga is even worth the Hard drive space.

Fuzzlepop
Tue, 05-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
because they can gain what took him several life times to gain in a matter of seconds just by watching his actions

Hasn't it only been a little over one lifetime? Since the Third used to be his sensei. I think that was only Orochi's 2nd mind transfer but I could be wrong. And after reading what you were saying I think about the only reason I can think that Orochi wouldn't lock Sasuke up is because he just lost all 5 of the "Sound 5" and he may get desparate for *anyone* to help protect his half-deformed self (since it seems like he still has to take some time to heal after that last body transfer). I guess to sum it up, I agree that he probably *should* be locked up but I would understand if he didn't (which he probably won't)

Originally posted by: Brokenimage0
Maybe in these next few filler eps we may see another chuunin exam(in three years all of the rookies better be chounin) or if were lucky a jounin exam...that would be sick...and maybe the third makengyou sharingan user IS kakashi...i dont read the manga so i dont have a clue. and akatsuki is probably waiting three yeas so naruto can develop and they can use him.also itachi and kisami probably showed up to see where he was at right then,they just happened to bump into the wrong people...though i agree they could have been more ninjaish about it...i mean come on,right? and since this is the only real forum on naruto ive read and im mostly sure none of this was mentioned i figured id toss some ideads out there to see what other non manga readers think. So let me know.

And unless he gets it later on in the series I am almost positive Kakshi isn't/won't be the third Mangyakou Sharingan person. If he already had it I doubt he would have been as abused by Itachi's Genjutsu as he was. And unless they introduced some other way of getting it I don't really see him killing Gai anytime soon. (or anyone else he might consider his *best* friend for that matter)

Hyuuga_Destiny
Tue, 05-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by: Brokenimage0

Kakashi can't be.
Because only a true Uchiha could obtain the greatest power of the sharingan.
And beacause we all know that Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, there is no way he ever could get the mangekyou

darkshadow
Tue, 05-24-2005, 04:23 AM
y couldnt he be? i mean he has uchiha blood for sure, or else the eye would have died out, or at least not be able to maintain sharingan, the uchiha blood mixed with his own, or else he couldnt even use te sharingan, and knowing that sharingan is an ABILITY of the bloodline limit, which kakashi clearly already has, i dont c y he couldnt have obtained it ( or will obtain it somewhere in the future, which would make him the 4th person), heck he shouldnt even have been able to evolve it to a full 3 comma sharingan, but then again, he did.....

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-24-2005, 06:11 AM
You must get cancer now.

In fact, get two.

Honoko
Tue, 05-24-2005, 07:31 AM
waaaayyyyy in the beginning of naruto during the zabuza arc, it was already established that other ninjas were constantly trying to steal each others' secrets (hence the whole hunter-nin explanation when haku first appeared) so to me, that implied that other people were able to "steal" bloodline limits as long as they have the right corpse.

kishimoto never said that only people born w/ the ability can use the ability. if that was true, then the hyuuga clan wouldn't have such an elaborate system set up to protect their eyeballs.

so, in conclusion, kakashi can use and maintain the sharingan but is NOT an uchiha. The only thing uchiha about him is his eyeball. and as itachi explained earlier in their first encounter, only an actual uchiha can fully utilize the full powers of the sharingan so to me, i think that kakashi has no way to tap into that whole mangekyo whatnot.

Hyuuga_Destiny
Tue, 05-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
y couldnt he be? i mean he has uchiha blood for sure, or else the eye would have died out, or at least not be able to maintain sharingan, the uchiha blood mixed with his own, or else he couldnt even use te sharingan, and knowing that sharingan is an ABILITY of the bloodline limit, which kakashi clearly already has, i dont c y he couldnt have obtained it ( or will obtain it somewhere in the future, which would make him the 4th person), heck he shouldnt even have been able to evolve it to a full 3 comma sharingan, but then again, he did.....

Omg, are you kidding me?
You take the bloodline limit too seriously.
like Aristocrats really have blue blood...

Why do you think the Hyuuga gave Hizashi's body (or was it Hiashi?) to the sand?
Because it would seal the Hyuuga ability, so the sand couldn't "steal" it.
Common logic makes me think that Kakashi got his Sharingan that way...

It's not because the kind of blood that flows in ones body that makes the Sharingan/Byakugan/... keep on working

The different kinds of blood they have are probably A, B, AB or O...

Noir
Tue, 05-24-2005, 10:29 AM
I enjoyed it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Tue, 05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Rhanfahl.....that was wayy too much to read.....so i'll just respond to the stuff i picked up

Oro locking up sasuke: Did he lock up kimimaro, whom was his previous container candidate? No. Sasuke came to him by his own free will, just as Kimimaro and other followers have done. Sasuke knows of the consequences of joining with Oro, so Oro should know that if Sasuke came to him, there is no reason not to trust that he'll stay.

Oro's paralysis genjutsu: We know its not a genjutsu, because when oro used it on sasuke in the forest, he says "Genjutsu? No, this is just killing intent."

Japanese actors > English actors: First of all, how can you tell if you don't know japanese? It might sound all poetic, but you only pick up half of the "acting talent" if you don't understand any of it. Second of all, ever wonder why japan hardly has any live-action movies or tv shows? I rest my case.

wirm
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
At the very least, Oro can train Sasuke to be physically stronger and faster. If you're going to transfer into a body, it might as well be a good one. Training in jutsus doesn't matter too much.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Regarding japanese voice acting vs english voice acting:

In the US, voice acting is a job.
In Japan, voice acting is an art.

That's all there is to it.

Hyuuga_Destiny
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:14 AM
I wonder if Oro inherits the Chakra capacity?
I mean, can he only have that much chakra as Sasuke has?

Or doens't that matter in that case?
Cause I don't think he'll be able to a high-class jutsu with al ow amount of chakra?
He couldn't do a third chidori...

wirm
Tue, 05-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't think it's been specifically stated anywhere, but I'm sure he wouldn't be limited like that.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 05-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I think he may take his own chakra and strength with him, since he is still as strong as he was when he was in his original body. For him to take the strenght and chakra of the host, the host would then have to be Sannin level... and the last did not look like he was anywhere near Sannin level to me.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 05-24-2005, 06:23 PM
In fact it looks like the guy he transferred into is a joke anyway, so they put a few mediocre fighters in a room and he took over the winner, couldn't he possibly have found someome more elite? Kabuto surely could have brought him a container of at least come credibility.

miaka
Tue, 05-24-2005, 06:50 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl

Miaka says :<- no no no no

-> first of all i DID NOT SAY THIS.. i just quoted it from someone to say something about it so would appreciate it if you edit

Well, let's look at this logically, if you were Orochimaru what would be the first thing you'd do to Sasuke when he arrived. LOCK HIS FUCKING ASS UP FOR 3 YEARS!!! Why teach him anything!? Are you fucking stupid? Sasuke already has a major advantage on Orochi, a now complete sharingan. Why teach him anything to make him stronger? When Orochimaru takes over his body, he will have all of his techniques, and all of Sasuke's! Why give sasuke the chance to do anything to escape, kill anyone, etc. That would just be totally stupid! If Orochimaru is arrogant enough to leave him be, I will simply lose respect for him and his wisdom. With people like Kabuto, and the Sound 5 its not a problem, they worship Orochimaru, but others, like his current container(as well as the container's victims) were all locked up cause they obviously didn't see Orochi as their shinobi messiah. Sasuke should be immediately put into another barrel filled with cement up to his neck and given an IV to feed and nourish him, that's it.

-> well sasuke won't be locked up.. like assertin said.. he did come with his free will.. now.. if he later on wants to go back.. then yeah.. oro would prob think of locking him up..

-> assertin: as for voice acting (and i m talking stricly about ANIME VOICE ACTING). yes it's true that you don't get the whole thing cause you don't understand it.. but you can still feel their voice.. and see whether they are sad or angry or whatever (they do really make me sad when it's suposed to be sad and etc).. rarely with dubbed voice actors i feel much emotion.. to me only way to tell their emotion a lot of times are to look at the faces..like i said before.. i think dubbed ones just pick bad ones for it.. or maybe japanese voice actors get more training..

@terra: maybe that is why.. i dunno..

Mut
Tue, 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM
How can anyone expect Sasuke to get locked up in a cage? Do you really think Kishimoto will have Sasuke deteriorate in a cage while Naruto becomes even more powerful?

/me throws logic out the window.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Well I finally saw it and of course the addition of a filler arc totally ruins the mood of the series. They changed a whole big piece. Just when you finally think it's time for naruto to grow up.....they go and throw a filler arc at ya. Why cant Kishimoto just draw faster i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Y
Tue, 05-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Regarding japanese voice acting vs english voice acting:

In the US, voice acting is a job.
In Japan, voice acting is an art.

That's all there is to it.

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

More culture envy going on here. The Japanese don't treat this any differently.

Brokenimage0
Tue, 05-24-2005, 11:06 PM
some of the reasons they could have been there to gauge naruto are possibly because maybe the seal weakens with age(doubt it but possible), or to see if hes strong enough now to be of use since i doubt they would have trouble capturing him with out jiraiya,since if they took the kyuubi out do you really think they could control it,why not let naruto get strong then hypnotize him or something,i doubt ANY akatuski members have time to train him because they said "will we have enough time to finish all of our plans(or was it goals?)" And along the lines of bloodlines,i would assume the body has something to do with it considering you cant copy them with sharingan...my thoughts on this are a bit more than that i am just too lazy to type them out.

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:49 AM
How can anyone expect Sasuke to get locked up in a cage? Do you really think Kishimoto will have Sasuke deteriorate in a cage while Naruto becomes even more powerful?

/me throws logic out the window.

Sasuke will definately get stronger, along with Naruto and gang. The question now is, what does Orochimaru have to gain by giving him power during this 3 years? If he's only after the blood line limit sharingan it would be pointless to give Sasuke any power at all because we all know that Orochimaru isn't interested in his hatred for Itachi. Unless of course he wants to risk having Sasuke killed by Itachi.

Another possiblity is that by making Sasuke stronger Orochimaru can also gain more strength when he eventually takes over his body.

basey44
Wed, 05-25-2005, 02:28 AM
yea the only reason i could think of would be if oros poweradds onto sasukes power

Kovash
Wed, 05-25-2005, 03:46 AM
Simple Explaination: Chakra used to do battle is made up of two parts, Spiritual Chakra and Physical Chakra. Orochimaru leaves his old body behind when he uses his immortality Jutsu, so to be in prime fighting strength, he would need someone with a strong body. He would keep the lion's share of his power, if he vested more time in those 3 years developing spiritually and made sure that Sasuke developed physically, hence the need to train him (a 13-yearold boy probably doesn't have the same physical capacity as someone older.)

wirm
Wed, 05-25-2005, 10:18 AM
That sounds reasonable, Kovash.

There probably aren't that many people out there with more jutsus or more chakra than Oro. So every time he took a body, he'd be getting weaker, and that's no fun.

Also, if you recall, he told the person he's in now that his strong will would continue on in him. I'm assuming that this implies some kind of merging.

@The Heretic Azazel
What makes you think these guys were mediocre? I'm sure he wouldn't have just taken anybody. They might well have been the strongest fighers in the Sound village.

Assertn
Wed, 05-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Miaka, i knew someone would say something along the lines of feeling emotion to judge voice acting, but its still more to it than that.

People say that french is the language of romance, because the dialect has a very romantic feel to it. Does that mean that french actors are the best actors for romance movies? No. Does that mean its easier for them to take on romantic roles than people with other dialects? Well probably yes, I think a person with a scottish accent, for example, would just feel awkward as some romeo, no matter how good his acting is. However if you're from scotland, then maybe you'll be more easily moved by a scottish romeo than other people would.....who knows?

Terra: how many laxatives did you take to pull that one out of your ass? Actors and actresses take their careers seriously, no matter where they're from.

The problem here, is that people always fail to realize that voice actors for dubs have a MUCH harder time than the original voice actors. You are locked in to specific timeframes for not only sections of dialogue, but even the spaces between open and closed mouth frames of the characters. Sometimes they have to say words slower or faster than natural to fit what needs to be said with the animation. Alot of times extra dialogue has to be awkwardly thrown in just to fill the void. It's not as easy as you'd think.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Terra: how many laxatives did you take to pull that one out of your ass? Actors and actresses take their careers seriously, no matter where they're from.

1, you are wrong.
2, I didn't make that statement up. It's old. I merely agree with it.

@Y: I don't give a shit about cultural differences. My opinion has nothing to do with that.

My opinion in short:
English voice acting generally sucks.
Japanese voice acting doesn't.

Amen.

Also,

<@Terracosmo> My opinions are facts!

chet_chetty
Wed, 05-25-2005, 12:50 PM
The question now is, what does Orochimaru have to gain by giving him power during this 3 years?

Because Sasuke isnt a Kimimaro type who so wholeheartedly believes in everything Oro does that he would give his body and life to Oro. Sasuke will not give his body to Oro unless he gets something in return and Oro knows that. The Sound 4 told Sasuke that they would not force him to come to Oro but that he had to do it from his free will. This free will decision to go to Oro is precipitated by Oro's offer to make him stronger so he can kill Itachi. If Oro does not keep his word, Sasuke can take off anytime during those 3 years and Oro has no container when the time comes for him to be able to transfer bodies again. Even more, since Oro prizes the sharingan so vehemently, he will not take any chances and possibly lose Sasuke.

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 12:59 PM
The lure of power was bait for Sasuke to go to Orochimaru, but what I was referring to was why would Orochimaru give Sasuke power when he WOULD NOT want Sasuke to confront Itachi at all. As commented by Kovash, Orochimaru wanted to make Sasuke strong so that he can inherit a stronger body. That would be Oro's real intention in giving Sasuke power during his 2½ year time with him.

chet_chetty
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
a strong body is something he could create himself. it's the sharingan which he has no control over that he wants. where does it say that Oro does not want Sasuke to kill Itachi? i'd conjecture he'd want Sasuke to take out Itachi for him because Oro sees Itachi as his only true threat. but conversely, he might not want to Sasuke to try for fear of Itachi killing him and Oro losing his container. but when does Oro say he does not want Sasuke to fight Itachi?

Psyke
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:24 PM
It doesn't say, but it's pretty obvious that Sasuke's very important to him and no matter what he can not afford to lose him. Sasuke's merely a future container for him, and chances are slim that Sasuke can defeat Itachi with Orochimaru's given powers when Orochimaru himself is weaker than Itachi....

Hyuuga_Destiny
Wed, 05-25-2005, 01:40 PM
I know Oro is fixated on the sharingan because of the easyness to obtain new jutsus.
But has he never thought about the byakugan?
I mean, it's not that hard to get a Hyuuga. Also, we still don't know most of the secrets of the byakugan.

It's just that oro is so hardheaded to learn all the jutsus in the world i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
If not, he could detect any threat in advance, he'd be fleaying before Akatsuki even get near him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

chet_chetty
Wed, 05-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes it is slim which is why Oro is training him to be better than just a genius ninja who relies on a seal. Of course the seal does not afford Sasuke that much power to kill Itachi. While Oro believes he cannot defeat Itachi, I am more than willing to bet that he is confident that Sasuke can eventually do it. Oro has so much faith in the Sharingan that if anyone is gonna beat Itachi, it'll be a sharingan user (being only Sasuke and possibly the 3rd Sharingan which I doubt Oro knows about) or Oro using the body of one. That's not stated but what I believe.

Sasuke is important to him...but the fate of Itachi is just as important. After all it was Itachi who drove Oro out of Akatsuki. It is Itachi's strength Oro gauges in his goal to be the best ninja. Itachi's existence directly shapes how far Oro will go to become the most powerful ninja.

Jessper
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
It doesn't say, but it's pretty obvious that Sasuke's very important to him and no matter what he can not afford to lose him. Sasuke's merely a future container for him, and chances are slim that Sasuke can defeat Itachi with Orochimaru's given powers when Orochimaru himself is weaker than Itachi....

Perhaps, but I would think that the only reason would beat Orochimaru is because of the amazing amount of power given by the Sharingan, so he may not be immensly stronger than Oro with out the Sharingan.

Also to chet, I don't think that Oro is simply trying to be better than Itachi but rather he thinks that the amount of jutsus you know directly relates to your power. I think he aims to be the strongest ninja ever, that is to learn all Jutsu and then be the strongest possible ninja.

miaka
Wed, 05-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Miaka, i knew someone would say something along the lines of feeling emotion to judge voice acting, but its still more to it than that.

People say that french is the language of romance, because the dialect has a very romantic feel to it. Does that mean that french actors are the best actors for romance movies? No. Does that mean its easier for them to take on romantic roles than people with other dialects? Well probably yes, I think a person with a scottish accent, for example, would just feel awkward as some romeo, no matter how good his acting is. However if you're from scotland, then maybe you'll be more easily moved by a scottish romeo than other people would.....who knows?

The problem here, is that people always fail to realize that voice actors for dubs have a MUCH harder time than the original voice actors. You are locked in to specific timeframes for not only sections of dialogue, but even the spaces between open and closed mouth frames of the characters. Sometimes they have to say words slower or faster than natural to fit what needs to be said with the animation. Alot of times extra dialogue has to be awkwardly thrown in just to fill the void. It's not as easy as you'd think.

well actually carrying emotions across is what all voice actor is about.. i mean they can't even show their emotion though their face.. so they would have to do with emotion.. and the fact that i don't understand what they are saying.. but can tell what emotion state they are in.. means that they are doing a good job..i mean when a voice actor really is crying herself when they are acting a sad part.. that they are doing good job.. and yes accent /language sometimes i guess helps.. since some languages has some feeling to it.. but i m not talking about just one feeling.. i mean variety of feeling (annoyed, sad, angry, happy, ) or even the type of voice that fit s the character(goofy, calm, etc) . japanese anime companies i think generally does a good job of choosing voice actors that fit..(not all the time.. but most of the times..)

well yes.. dubbed voice actor would of course be little more harder.. but that would mean that they would have to work as much as harder...... to not be able to carry out much emotions... is no excuse.. (and most of the times.. can't even pronounce the names correctly..-> shows how much effort they are putting huh...) i am sure that they can pick ones that really fits and really voice act as that character.. but i don't think amercan anime companies are taking their time to choose ones.. (to me they also seems to just pick the ones that only fits few type of that character's voice) For ex) if a chacter mostly goofy.. they just take that.. and pick one that doesn't fit the other type as in when the character gets serious.. or etc

what do you think voice acting is about? it's really to speak as if you are really in that situation.. and carry that feeling across to audience.to get audience to feel like they are in that situation.. to make them feel as the character....

EDIT: @assertin: okay okay.. it is HARD.. but it's still no excuse for being that bad....i mean to the fact you barely see any emotion carried??
@Y the alien: well in that case is little different.. because some american names have been Japanized.. like Smisu?? for Smith.. or something like that..

but anyways.. pronunciation was a little part.. THE BIG FACT IS that american anime companies does a crappy job at picking good voice actors.. i mean Hollywood have good actorsand actresses (acting: acting + voice acting) .. and i just think that they can do better (way better) at picking voice actors!! but it might have to do with them trying to save money.. maybe.. V_V....

Assertn
Wed, 05-25-2005, 07:34 PM

1, you are wrong.

@Y: I don't give a shit about cultural differences. My opinion has nothing to do with that.

My opinion in short:

Amen.

Also,

oh really? hmm, do you mean like bruce lee old, or godzilla movie old? either way, the only references I hear about japanese acting is that of the comical parodic nature

Most of the best movies ever made came from Hollywood.

Miaka: Dub voice acting is a LITTLE harder? I think having to alter the entire production process of a cartoon in regards to animation and sound interaction results in a little more than a slight inconvenience. As for pronouncing names...well....it happens when characters are given names that aren't native to the country that is dubbing <<shrug>>

Y
Wed, 05-25-2005, 07:58 PM

. (and most of the times.. can't even pronounce the names correctly..-> shows how much effort they are putting huh...).

Kind of like how Japanese voice actors can't pronounce the English words and names they throw in for no fucking reason?

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-26-2005, 05:51 AM

1, you are wrong.

My opinion in short:

Amen.

Also,

oh really? hmm, do you mean like bruce lee old, or godzilla movie old? either way, the only references I hear about japanese acting is that of the comical parodic nature

Most of the best movies ever made came from Hollywood.

Dude, I don't include live movies in "voice acting". I'm only talking about cartoons/anime.
I'm well aware about the occasional non-stop comedy that is Japanese movies. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
oh, then in that case i suggest you watch Invader Zim i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif