PDA

View Full Version : How about a movies section?

Foomanchew24
Wed, 05-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I tried to reply to an older Asian movie thread but after typing for a half an hour and pressing the reply button it didn't post my message. So I was thinking we could use a movie section for discussions of American and foreign movies.

Y
Wed, 05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Those two sentences have nothing to do with each other.

Also, we don't really get enough movie discussion here to warrant its own forum.

complich8
Wed, 05-18-2005, 09:59 PM
yeah, I would think about it if there were a significant presence of movie discussion here.

But as is, there's not. If I'm going to create another new category, it's going to be for something that's already going on in one of the "general" forums (ie: general anime, general discussion), and a very active topic group at that.

Mut
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:03 AM
How about a forum for both movies and TV shows? I'd be down to keep that forum active.

Assassin
Wed, 06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
actually the tv thign isn't a bad idea....and if complich8 is feeling up to it (which i seriously doubt) he could make some sort of sub-forum for diff genres like scifi, medical drama, cartoons, etc.....would be less messy then having everyone create a topic for every show on tv

TwisT
Thu, 06-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Yeah, that's a great idea.. i have several series i watch.. Smallville, Lost, Charmed, CSI (all of the CSI-series), Las Vegas sometimes and The 4400.. so it would be great with a Movie/TV shows board..

And i just now that useless crap show OC will be discussed by some gay members i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

basey44
Thu, 06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
dont bag oc, oc rocks ur jocks

Assassin
Thu, 06-16-2005, 04:12 PM
so exactly how man members constitute a majority vote in favor of a new forum? perhaps we should make a poll in general discussion or somethign to see if tehres enuff couch potatoes to warrant a new forum

Y
Thu, 06-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Just create a movies post or bump the existing one. If it doesn't get any activity we don't really need a movies forum.

complich8
Thu, 06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty lazy, so you guys are going to have to make the first move. I thought I already said that though...

Mut
Fri, 06-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Okay, well. I'ma start making threads about TV shows on the GD forum. Maybe others will be motivated and start posting in the threads to get persuade comp to create a TV/Movies forum. Although, I think the threads will pick up once fall starts since that's when all the shows will start again with new eps.