PDA

View Full Version : A new Gundam game

Curium
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:22 AM
I was searching around the net and came across this: Gundam: True Odyssey (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/gundam/gto/gto.html). There is pretty much no info, though it does say it is supposed to be released this summer in Japan. Here is the comment that was available:

"The story follows a 16-year-old boy, named Tras, who seeks vengeance for the death of his friends by sneaking into a machine called "The System" and creating Mobile Suits."

I don't know if Tras is from any show, if he is from an upcoming show, or if he is new altogether. Does anyone have more info?

Death13a
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:41 AM
from gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/news/2...4/20/news_6122654.html (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/20/news_6122654.html)

Gundam: True Odyssey details surface
New role-playing game, in departure from past, will feature an original setting and characters.

Earlier in the week, Bandai opened a teaser Web site for its new Gundam game, titled Gundam: True Odyssey. Now, details on this first-ever Gundam role-playing game have surfaced in the latest issue of Famitsu. The PlayStation 2 game, which Bandai hopes to release this summer, may surprise fans of the series with its departure from the conventions of the popular Gundam anime, toy, and game series of the past.

True Odyssey will be an original RPG with new characters. It won't inherit any of the anime's settings, such as the Federation and Zeon, or any of the anime's characters. In fact, the only thing that True Odyssey has in common with the Gundam series from years past are the mobile suit mechs. The new characters piloting those suits are being designed by former Capcom illustrator Akira Yasuda, known by the pseudonym "Akiman."

According to Famitsu, Gundam: True Odyssey takes place in an alternate, near-future world. Mobile suit mechs have become a part of daily life because of the G-system, whereby anything can be built as long as there's a blueprint for it. Players take the role of Trush, who, along with his friends Eachie and Flitz, must go on a journey to stop a cult intent on taking over the world by using the G-system for evil.

True Odyssey producer Norihiko Ushimura and game designer Shinji Namikawa comment that they decided to go with an original setting for the game because Gundam fans are most likely "getting bored" with the existing storylines.

The game will feature approximately 200 mobile suit mechs, including enemy units. Ushimura says these mechs will be treated like weapons and armor in traditional RPGs. The player will start out with weak mobile suit mechs, such as the Zaku, and will discover new mobile suits and components as the game progresses. Ushimura added that there will be a customization system for the mobile suit mechs.

The development process of Gundam: True Odyssey, according to Famitsu, is currently 70 percent complete.

By Staff -- GameSpot
POSTED: 04/20/05 05:15 PM PST

Curium
Tue, 05-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the info Death13a.

It sounds really interesting. I hope it gets a US release (probably not). I can't wait to at least see what new Gundams are created for the game.

Psyke
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm kinda hoping they would put more of the existing Gundams in the game. Anyway this game hasn't been picked up by any publishers yet so chances are we're gonna have to be contented with the Japanese version.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
hmm, anybody know if theres a SEED based game or SEED destiny on the verge of being released?

Rik
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:48 PM
There is a new Gundam game for PS3. That's right I said PS3. I just saw it on G4. The graphics were amazing.
I think it was set in the UC era. I can't wait for it. I going to buy it if I get a PS3

Curium
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks Rik, but ANOTHER UC game. Come on already. Move on to an interesting Gundam series.

Aeon
Tue, 05-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by: Rik
There is a new Gundam game for PS3. That's right I said PS3. I just saw it on G4. The graphics were amazing.
I think it was set in the UC era. I can't wait for it. I going to buy it if I get a PS3

Just saw it on the PS3 Video game showcase 2 video on gamespot. I hope it lives up to Federation vs Zeon.

Rik
Tue, 05-17-2005, 10:27 PM
You're right Curium, UC games are getting a bit boring. I have I think all of them. I am not saying that I don't like the UC. It's just that they need to try something new. What would be cool is a Gundam Seed Destiny co-op game. That would be awesome.