PDA

View Full Version : Americans and Canadians Go to War

Paulyboy
Mon, 05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
http://www.kontraband.com/show...&NSFW=3&page=1 (http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=2210&NEXTID=0&PREVID=2214&DISPLAYORDER =20050426180617&CAT=movies&NSFW=3&page=1)

Why can't we all love? But americans win this one! Tell me what you think of the vid

The sig limit here on GotWoot is 400 X 80 and yours is above that. Please edit your sig.

GotWoot Moderator

Xollence
Mon, 05-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Hehe well we have plenty of trailer trash in the US as well.

r3n
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:15 PM
i would something nasty about the outside view of america compared to canada, but assertn might throw a hissie fit

Hey, don't bait people so they'll respond to you in a negative way. Just don't even say it and don't do it again.

GotWoot Moderator

Assassin
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
oh man, that was great, haha.

although if i recall correctly, there is a law about not videotaping/photographing anyone without thier permission. not that its ever enforced or even heard about by the looks of things.

Paulyboy
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Wait, then why do we have paparazzi's?

Assassin
Mon, 05-16-2005, 07:03 PM
well im canadian...i dunno if the us has the same laws. and liek i said, the laws dont seemed to be enforced.

its like copyright laws...everytime u photocopy a page from a book, ur breaking copyright laws, but no one cares or says anyhting.

KitKat
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
well im canadian...i dunno if the us has the same laws. and liek i said, the laws dont seemed to be enforced.

its like copyright laws...everytime u photocopy a page from a book, ur breaking copyright laws, but no one cares or says anyhting.

The copyright law has exceptions. If you were to photocopy a whole book, you would be breaking the law. However photocopying a single page is perfectly legal...unless you make a lot of copies and sell them for money. I think there is a certain number of pages or percentage of an original work that you are allowed to copy. If anyone really cares, I'm sure google has some more precise information on this issue.

As for the video, I didn't really find it that funny. Just people being stupid. As far as I can see, this thread was written in a way to incite antagonistic responses. Maybe that wasn't your intent Paulyboy, but that's how it is turning out.

Paulyboy
Mon, 05-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Heh sorry i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, I just thought the video was funny. Also please guys don't go all smart on me about laws, it's a funny video and I just wanted to know your input

Assertn
Mon, 05-16-2005, 10:59 PM
rules for obtaining imagery of people without needing their permission are as follows (at least for in the US)

1) If you are in a public area. If you are standing in a street and you can see someone sitting in their living room naked through an open window, then you can take a picture without permission. But only if you can take it without going onto their property.

2) Privately owned areas open to the public. Unless noted, im pretty sure museums, restaurants, and other such places are ok.

um....i forget the rest of the rules......but i could always look it up if anyone cared to know the details. I was unfortunately in a photo journalism class.

edit: oh, forgot about the point for my post....
I dont think you're allowed to photograph people in hotel hallways....but im not sure.
The police don't necessarily know the rules that journalists follow, and sometimes they'll try to take away your camera even if you're doing something legal. In cases like those, the police's call wins...at least until later when you can fight the case back.

Sam98034
Tue, 05-17-2005, 04:18 AM
I liked that one guy trying to be tuff the whole time until he got socked. Good stuff. And geese, what a bitch. Canadians never seemed like ass wholes, I thought Americans were the bigger ass wholes.

SK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah ive seen this one before.

ChaosK
Wed, 05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
lol mine doesnt load completely, i only see a little strip at the top i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif