PDA

View Full Version : Impossible seals

HandsofFate
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Has anyone noticed that some seals, like that of the monkey, are entirely impossible to form. http://www.narutofan.com/information/ninjaguide/seals/monkey.jpg look closely at how the thumbs are oriented, then form that seal. Since both palms are touching, the thumbs cannot overlap in that way. *Spooky*

Mut
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Just try it out, you can definitely do it. As a matter of fact, I'm doing it right now.

Zoels
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:15 PM
naruto has 2 right hands! or 2 left ones..

Y
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Just try it out, you can definitely do it. As a matter of fact, I'm doing it right now.

Haha.

Yeah, in that picture Naruto has two left hands in order to do that seal.

HandsofFate
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:17 PM

no, you can't if your palms are touching and your arms are not each thumb will point in a diff. direction.

Mut
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by: HandsofFate

no, you can't if your palms are touching and your arms are not each thumb will point in a diff. direction.
Maybe you weren't born with the correct pair of hands.

HandsofFate
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Maybe you weren't born with the correct pair of hands.

and you call yourself a sannin

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I think that other thumb is supposed to be a pinky.
That's how I've always done it (YES I practice hand seals btw...)

masiker01
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:01 PM
maybe if u put one arm around ur head....and the other...uh oh...not good *mom i have to go to the hospital again

Jaredster
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Has anyone noticed that some seals, like that of the monkey, are entirely impossible to form. http://www.narutofan.com/information/ninjaguide/seals/monkey.jpg look closely at how the thumbs are oriented, then form that seal. Since both palms are touching, the thumbs cannot overlap in that way. *Spooky*

I actually noticed that a long time ago. I just wanted to forget it and pretend it didn't exsist.

Thanks a lot. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Board of Command
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
That's creepy.

Fudgeman
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Its his pinky and thumb-do it urself, put ur left hand on top of ur right then put ur far pinky under ur thumb. if u look at it from sumone elses direction u can see how it works

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:42 PM
I put my left hand palm upward, and then put my right palm on top of my left hand, with my thumb and pinky interlaced. That's what I've always assumed is the right way.
...either that or he really does have 2 left hands...

animeniac
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Look at how the hands are drawn though....
seems like two thumbsi/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Black ops
Mon, 05-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Can anyone list the seals? I need to learn how to do a Katon jutsu.

Roko
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
all the seals are available at narutoex (http://www.narutoex.com/), but I'm not sure about the order for different jutsus.

kooshi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Well, you can just go to an episode where they do the jutsu in slow motion or lots of pausing/playing, then find out the order.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Yeah, the Monkey looks completely different in those shots of Kakashi doing it.

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-16-2005, 05:18 AM
yeah, in narutoex, the handseals show kakashi doing the monkey...and the left hand's "thumb" is clearly a pinky.

Kovash
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Ox, Monkey, Hare, Rat, Boar, Bird, Ox, Horse, Bird, Rat, Tiger, Dog, Tiger, Serpent, Ox, Ram, Serpent, Boar, Ram, Rat, {Mystery Seal??}, Monkey, Bird, Dragon, Bird, Ox, Horse, Ram, Tiger, Serpent, Rat, Monkey, Hare, Boar, Dragon, Ram, Rat, Ox, Monkey, Bird, {Mystery Seal??}, Rat, Boar, Bird

Suiton!! Suiryuudan No Jutsu!!

or

Serpent, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger

Katon!! Goukakyuu No Jutsu!!

Btw, the Mystery seal (Clanched Fist layed on Open palm) in the 'Suiryuudan' is an upside-down Dog (Open Palm layed on Clenched fist ) I don't know what it is supposed to be though, and it's NOT a badly drawn dog, cause I checked the manga and the sumbols are completely different.

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by: Kovash

Btw, the Mystery seal (Clanched Fist layed on Open palm) in the 'Suiryuudan' is an upside-down Dog (Open Palm layed on Clenched fist ) I don't know what it is supposed to be though, and it's NOT a badly drawn dog, cause I checked the manga and the sumbols are completely different.

That is the "ninth" seal. I watched episode 9 and memorized teh seals for that jutsu about a year ago (I've forgotten them by now...which isn't necessarily a bad thing). While he is chanting the seals, at one point he says "ninth rat", then makes the seal you described, then the rat, then the next seal in the order he is chanting. I'll assume to make a "ninth" anything, you have to perform that seal before the other one.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-16-2005, 05:46 PM
there are more then 12 seals

Roko
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Yah, but those 12 are the most common ones used by every ninja for a large number of jutsus. There are still the forbidden ones and bloodline/family ones.

Mut
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
Yah, but those 12 are the most common ones used by every ninja for a large number of jutsus. There are still the forbidden ones and bloodline/family ones.
Can you tell me where this was said?

Assertn
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
you found the ONE image of a handseal thats drawn incorrectly

where do you get this SOME seals cannot be formed business?

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Haku uses a lot of seals that aren't seen anywhere else. Especially his one-handed ones (sign language! XD).

The Second Hokage also uses some weird seals in the anime when he fights sandaime. When he uses suiton suijinheki, I mean.

And yeah, I think that picture of the monkey is the only one drawn weird. All other seals are pretty easy to make.

Kovash
Tue, 05-17-2005, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by: Roko
Can you tell me where this was said?

It's not 'said' per se. just 'shown'. People usually assume there are only 12 seals because they are the 12 signs of the Japanese Zodiac, but we've seen other special ones, like the - Kage Bunshin 'cross' - Byakugan 'spire' - Hijutsu 'arch' - and Suiton 'tower'. (I made up those names ¬_¬)

While we can't be certain that they are strictly used in those circumstances, they are the only ones we've seen them in. (Note, and it's not just the anime either; I checked the Manga and they all appear there as well, in the same circumstances)

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Where were the "arch" and "tower" used? j/w

Kovash
Wed, 05-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
Where were the "arch" and "tower" used? j/w

Hijutsu 'Arch' is used twice, once when Haku uses 'Makyou Huoshou' and once when Orochimaru uses the Cruse of Heaven technique on Sasuke. It might have been used more than that, but they are the only times I remember.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Arch is the same as Tiger, but the middle fingers are looped over the top of the Index fingers.

The Suiton tower was seen once, used by the 2nd Hokage. I can't remember exactly which Suiton it was (Suijin Heki, or Suishouha) he cups one hand around his fist and extends his thumb upwards.

And just for completion sake, the Kagebunshin 'cross' is seen every time Naruto uses the Kagebunshin; and the Byakugan 'spire' we see about three times, twice by Neji and once by Hinata (it looks like the Tiger, except only one index finger is extended and the rest are folded over.)

Rhanfahl
Wed, 05-18-2005, 03:06 AM
My whole take on it is that the zodiac seals can be used for any or nearly any jutsu, but that certain techniques may have a "shortcut" cause I think in the 2004 Hidden falls special, that wuss ass Pseudo-Mizukage loser guy with the spirit water does Suiton: Suiryuudan and I know he doesn't do 45 seconds worth of seals like Zabuza who was probably one of the best damn Mist ninja ever since he was one of the Shinobi-gatana guys. Also I remember Kakashi using Suiton: Suijinheki when evading an attack from Itachi in the river battle, and he doesn't use the simple 2 hand movement that Nidaime Hokage uses, and then only one more for Suiton: Suishouha.

I can only imagine that the different seals may have to do with using a different amount of chakra for the technique or perhaps the people with the shortcuts just screwed around with their favorite techniques till they figured out a way to execute them much faster. But I think we're all reading into it a little much cause its a cartoon and there are times when Sasuke uses Katon techniques and just does the generic insane speed hand seals and doesn't perform each and everyone necessary for say... Housenka. So, its a cartoon, don't read too much into it.

ChaosK
Wed, 05-18-2005, 04:34 PM
where? i dont see on narutoex.

shadowstalker888
Wed, 05-18-2005, 05:20 PM
the pinky is smaller than the thumb LOOK CLOSELY

Y
Wed, 05-18-2005, 06:25 PM
You can clearly tell that both of the fingers in the foreground are thumbs. It's an error. Don't try explaining it away.

Roko
Wed, 05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
where? i dont see on narutoex.

information on side, than chakra guide. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Swee
Sat, 05-21-2005, 07:40 AM
holy shit!! tats impossible!

yvliew
Mon, 09-12-2005, 12:08 PM
get over it. It was just drawing error.. Get a life

Rhanfahl
Mon, 09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by: yvliew
get over it. It was just drawing error.. Get a life

You revived a thread that's been dead for nearly half a year to say that? Clearly you need a life if you're looking at posts this far back.

Necromas
Mon, 09-12-2005, 03:55 PM
yvliew didn't go through the 6 months worth of posts to find it, it was revived when I made a new topic on the subject (not having been here for 6 months in order to have seen the old one).

pk7
Mon, 09-12-2005, 11:29 PM
to whoever mentioned the "seal" shortcuts, i thoguht it was kos they just cut out the animation and that it was assumed they just did the seals incredibly fast. (... i mean after you cant sit there listening to them slowly monologue all the seals). unless they should him diong fewer seals. can't remember; did they actually show him doing fewer moves?

yvliew
Tue, 09-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Yup i was taken to this thread by another thread.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 09-13-2005, 03:49 AM

Bwahahahahahah

Sarcasm 1... HandsofFate 0

Jaredster
Tue, 09-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: yvliew
Yup i was taken to this thread by another thread.

you're retarded, you know that?

aznroyale
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
-_- scary and freaky and have they notice it??

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
HandsofFate you fail at life

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Agreed

+1

Phoenix20578
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Imposible seals.... only in an anime can you have two left hands

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:05 PM
^_^

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:30 PM
try making seals like haku with one hand

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:36 PM
It's called sign language.

Also, the mistake is in only in that screencap. That extra "thumb" is a pinky.

True story.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-15-2005, 04:48 AM
HandsofFate

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5630/youfailatlife4dg.jpg

there... it had to be done.

BioAlien
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:09 AM
oh come on wtf is thats, a fat vegeta!?

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-15-2005, 05:23 AM
that sir appears to be someone trying WAY too hard to make a real kamehameaha wave.

aznroyale
Thu, 09-15-2005, 06:13 AM
EWWWWWW FAT VEGETA

BioAlien
Thu, 09-15-2005, 08:16 AM
vegeta don't do kamehameha, he do final flash lol

Way to break one of the ONLY rules you had yesterday and shitpost in a thread created prior to Wednesday. In fact, a lot of you posted crap in more than a few pre-Wednesday threads. I'm not going to give you all warnings, but consider this a verbal warning. Now that you've got all the spamming out of your system, I expect to see only posts that contribute to a discussion from all of you this week. Any more blatant spamming will get a warning.

GotWoot Moderator

ghost-naruto
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:00 PM
the clenched fish layed on top of the open palm is called ''ninth''. i forgot wat website it was though. the monkey seal is the only seal i tried to forget ever happened. that's why i rely on this image. http://www.naruto-kun.com/templates/images/information/seals_monkey.gif

folf
Fri, 09-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Where do I sign?