PDA

View Full Version : Weakening Bandai

Curium
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I noticed this on Saiyaman's site. Since Bandai does Gundam I figure I should post it here.

As expected, Bandai Co. of Japan has announced that its net profits for the fiscal year ending in March were down significantly (21%) compared to the previous year. Bandai blamed poor performance in America at Bandai America (BAI) as a significant contributor to its weaker profits.
Nonetheless, Bandai was still profitable, earning 11.23 billion yen (US$106 million) in net profits.
No mention of Bandai Entertainment (BEI), which is a subsidiary of BAI, was made.
BAI is expected to release fewer properties and focus more on strong properties such as Power Rangers in 2005.

Source: Gunota Headlines

PTX-003C
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
I noticed this on Saiyaman's site. Since Bandai does Gundam I figure I should post it here.

As expected, Bandai Co. of Japan has announced that its net profits for the fiscal year ending in March were down significantly (21%) compared to the previous year. Bandai blamed poor performance in America at Bandai America (BAI) as a significant contributor to its weaker profits.
Nonetheless, Bandai was still profitable, earning 11.23 billion yen (US$106 million) in net profits.
No mention of Bandai Entertainment (BEI), which is a subsidiary of BAI, was made.
BAI is expected to release fewer properties and focus more on strong properties such as Power Rangers in 2005.

Source: Gunota Headlines

i must agree....putting the busincess in America is a failure.......
Americans do not understand the greatness of UC series
which is their main product line
look at the HGUCs that are coming out nearly every so soon....

also...Bandai is going to merge with Namco for those you donno

Curium
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't know. I would assume that it was not the American division that thought it would be a good idea to realease a MG Ball (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934096).

PTX-003C
Sat, 05-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I don't know. I would assume that it was not the American division that thought it would be a good idea to realease a MG Ball (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934096).

well....like i say.....the Amereicans DO NOT understand the greatness of the UC series.....
but they must import some.....or someone is gotta complain....=.=b
they shouldn't put Gundam into N.A.....it's a completely a waste of money..

Barumonk
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm just glad they didn't turn to the fansub community and start pointing fingers, claiming its their fault that the sales were down.

PTX-003C
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by: Barumonk
I'm just glad they didn't turn to the fansub community and start pointing fingers, claiming its their fault that the sales were down.

cuz they basically have control over the fansubs

Curium
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C

well....like i say.....the Amereicans DO NOT understand the greatness of the UC series.....
but they must import some.....or someone is gotta complain....=.=b
they shouldn't put Gundam into N.A.....it's a completely a waste of money..

I mainly made that post as an excuse to post the link for the MG Ball. I don't care how good you think UC is, it is a MG BALL! That is going too far.

Psyke
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:17 AM
I think that the Ball's come a long way and definately derserves to be made into a Master Grade. It's what the fans in Japan wanted, and according the Hobby Japan they even have custom sprayed MG Ball Compettitions. If Bandai can come up with so many MSIA stuff they can surely give the fans a MG Ball.

Curium
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:50 AM
How can they be demanding a BALL. It's a BALL. Am I the only one who sees how stupid that is.

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:16 AM
How can they be demanding a BALL. It's a BALL. Am I the only one who sees how stupid that is.

Ball is great.....
i love those Balls....the MP they used before MS!!!
it's not stupid!!!
how can you have gundams and miss out Balls!!

PSJ
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:03 AM

i dont get it either. that thing is ugly as hell, cant think of a reason why anyone would want to have one of those.

kinggalaxia
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:13 AM
well, that's just it. People love its underdog status. Yes it sucks. Yes it's ugly. However, in 8th MS Team, Shiro Amada used one to beat a test-type Zaku!!! How flippin cool is that? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:36 AM
God, I can't even remember Shiro riding that ugly piece of shit thing. I must have mentally blocked it.

kinggalaxia
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:51 AM
*giggles* one time, I was playing Gundam Battle Assault 2...and really, I suck at fighting games.... and I barely beat my bud, who's good. He was in the Ball....and I was Pycho Gundam Mk III. *shakes head*

Oh yeah, in the first BA, the Ball is what you get for beating it in Hard...with EVERY suit. *dies*

Psyke
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm no big Ball fan, but I don't believe it deserves all the bashing it's getting here. Sure it's not a fancy MS but you've gotta admit it's come a long way. I myself wouldn't mind getting the MG Ball Ver. KA.

Here are some of the pictures I took from Dengeki Hobby. Hope you guys will appreciate the Ball more. Just look at what they did with the Ball and an MSV.

http://img248.echo.cx/img248/5426/mgball15vo.jpg

http://img248.echo.cx/img248/1160/mgball22yn.jpg

http://img248.echo.cx/img248/1046/mgball30np.jpg

http://img248.echo.cx/img248/944/mgball43uy.jpg

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:45 AM
first...ball is not MS, it's MP
the one you showing is version Ka ball, there's a MG team 08 ball coming out soon....i am definitely going to buy it!! it's sweet
and if you played mobile suit gundam zeta for PS2.....balls rocks!!
3 balls together can beat anything in the game include psycho

Psyke
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:56 AM
the one you showing is version Ka ball, there's a MG team 08 ball coming out soon....i am definitely going to buy it!! it's sweet

Just to clarify that I know the ball isn't a MS. I said that "it wasn't a fancy MS " ...... but I guess my phrasing made people misunderstand that I said it was a MS. I was kinda comparing it against other MS such as Gun Cannon, Gun Tank or even the Gundams.

EDIT:

PTX-003C, where did you get information about the MG MS Team 08 Ball? I haven't read anything about it at all, and the only Team 08 Ball i know of is the 1/144 one which came out quite some time ago.

EDIT (Again)

Nevermind I've found what you were talking about. Looks very similar to the ver. KA one though.........

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Just to clarify that I know the ball isn't a MS. I said that "it wasn't a fancy MS " ...... but I guess my phrasing made people misunderstand that I said it was a MS. I was kinda comparing it against other MS such as Gun Cannon, Gun Tank or even the Gundams.

EDIT:

PTX-003C, where did you get information about the MG MS Team 08 Ball? I haven't read anything about it at all, and the only Team 08 Ball i know of is the 1/144 one which came out quite some time ago.

EDIT (Again)

Nevermind I've found what you were talking about. Looks very similar to the ver. KA one though.........
they looks close...but not same...^^

Astronopolis
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:02 AM
i totally dont get why some of you guys dont like the ball, aside from it looking silly or whatever, it was all that the earth federation had when zeon started manufacturing zakus, they basically mounted a cannon on their construction equipment and went out to battle by the hundreds to defend the earth, knowing full well that the chances that they would survive were next to nothing. In my eyes the Ball is the most noble mobile weapon in UC history because it represents the sacrifice and dedication of federation pilots.

aside from that, i would say the most effective weapon in space would be a ball, maybe with better weapons, but still, in space, why would you need limbs and a head and all that jive? Its high maneuverability and small size as a target are essential in space combat, but thats just my $.02

so there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PTX-003C
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis
i totally dont get why some of you guys dont like the ball, aside from it looking silly or whatever, it was all that the earth federation had when zeon started manufacturing zakus, they basically mounted a cannon on their construction equipment and went out to battle by the hundreds to defend the earth, knowing full well that the chances that they would survive were next to nothing. In my eyes the Ball is the most noble mobile weapon in UC history because it represents the sacrifice and dedication of federation pilots.

aside from that, i would say the most effective weapon in space would be a ball, maybe with better weapons, but still, in space, why would you need limbs and a head and all that jive? Its high maneuverability and small size as a target are essential in space combat, but thats just my $.02

so there

i agree!!!!
if anyone who played Gundam Zeta in PS2, you should know that no units in game can beat 3 balls
no matter how good you are...it's just impossible to beat three balls at the same time...

balls rocks!!!!