PDA

View Full Version : Another filler saga

mage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:36 PM
(surprised no one has made this topic)

Taken from www.narutofan.com :

As the Naruto anime series is only one episode away from being extremely close to the arc the current Naruto manga series is on, what we all knew will happen, is happening. In the month of June we will see the second set of Naruto filler stories come to life as Naruto heads to Rice Field Country on a Super-S Class mission. Apart from all the complaining you will hear from people you have to recognize that this is a good thing for the series, regardless what the storyline is like. It is much better then Naruto going off air for months, losing its audience and being cancelled, after the anime caught up with the manga. We definately wouldn't want that to happen, so this could very well be a blessing.

Upcoming episode titles: Episode 135: The Promise That I Could Not Keep. Episode 136: Infiltration Investigation!? The Super-S Class Mission Which Has Finally Come! Episode 137: Town of Outlaws. Shadow of the Fuumaa Group. Episode 138: The Promise Betrayed, The Fleeting Request. - it is unclear how long this arc will last, however one could speculate they will try and stretch it out to let the manga series progress farther.

Perhaps since its an S class mission it wont be as shitty.

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Oh, yes it will.

Psyke
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh well, it's really better than no Naruto anyway, so I'm gonna keep an open mind for this upcoming filler.

PS: This does mean they're going to change several things from the last chapter of the manga........ or rather, postphone.

SK
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
yup, not gonna bother. wouldent mind seeing some kind of tournament filler arc.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:51 PM
This is bound to have more chars than team 7 = therefore be better than tea country arc.

HOPEFULLY.

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 02:19 PM
the s mission is prolly the mission kakashi said he would do later, with the 3 peeps on it

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
the s mission is prolly the mission kakashi said he would do later, with the 3 peeps on it

yeah that would be nice.

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:35 PM
wait...S class...
what is that?
I thought they were ranked A-D.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:36 PM
comeon, just a few episodes we heard Tsunade tell kakashi he had an S-class mission, you hadta have been paying some attention....

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:39 PM
S is better than A, don't ask why, it just is.

anyway, you seem to be under a wrong conception of things, the fact that the mission is an S clsaas one means that naruto will do this:
A. mass kage bunshin, and get his ass kicked, moving on to~
B. Going kyubi, and still getting his ass kicked, and so he will~
C. use rasengan, after screaming it loud and running from 100 feet far from the enemy, which will lead to~
D. a crack on the enemy's armor/sword or a cut on his cheek, and lastly ~
E. another rasengan, this time in slow motion from five diffrent angles, after that~
F. Naruto will step on a piece of shit~
G. The fish jumps, symbolizing the end of the arc.

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z

What's that from? or were you just being random? Because at the end of one of the dbz movies, there is a similar ending.

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:05 PM
<u>Stop bringing up DBZ referrences, you motherfuckers.</u>

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:39 PM
wahhahaah, mut you made me laugh , hahahhahaa

and S stands for special rank, every japanese game or manga that has ranks also has the S rank, its the highest, always

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:41 PM
yeah advance wars has that to.

Assertn
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:54 PM
well, maybe team 7 will be all jacked up now that sasuke's gone.......
therefore the producers will have to think of another idea besides having sasuke's chidori crack something of great power followed by naruto's rasengan to finish it off

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm really curious to see what they do with the filler. All of you manga readers know what happens to naruto in the aftermath of the fight (mods if your listening you might want to move this thread to open discussion). It wouldn't surprise me if the filler arc dosen't even star naruto. It might even feature one of the other genin teams and focus on the other characters who have received far less screen time. Only problem is that this might conflict with things that kishimoto has planned for the future of the series.

All I can say is that it's going to be really really retarded if naruto just cheers up and decides to go on some more missions with sakura and kakashi. There is potential for some interesting filler but I think there are more then enough examples to prove that when the producers/ directors of the anime are completely incapable of producing any interesting content when they don't have the manga to guide them. Just look at the movie, jump festas, konoha sports day special, or episodes 102-106. If the anime didn't have the manga for the basis of the story Naruto would have faded away into obscurity long ago. I would rather see the series take a break then see the anime writers subject naruto to more poop jokes, and toilet humor. Take a 6 month break and for the love of god whip kishimoto until he's producing at least two chapters a week.

mage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:45 PM
would it be so hard for kishimoto to make a filler arc? i'm sure hes thought about tons of other routes for the story than the way it's going and could modify them to fit into a filler arc.

Y
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:52 PM
I'll post this again:

Kishimoto's full time job is writing his manga, Since Kishimoto isn't going to take a break from writing to storyboard a film, the movie won't be made with his influences - and the creative team who makes it isn't going to write ANYTHING that might contradict later plot revelations.

Basically, unless more films are made after the series ends, nothing is going to be made as direct supplimentary material.

Board of Command
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
yup, not gonna bother. wouldent mind seeing some kind of tournament filler arc.
That would be nice but it would influence the story too much to be a filler.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
S is better than A, don't ask why, it just is.

anyway, you seem to be under a wrong conception of things, the fact that the mission is an S clsaas one means that naruto will do this:
A. mass kage bunshin, and get his ass kicked, moving on to~
B. Going kyubi, and still getting his ass kicked, and so he will~
C. use rasengan, after screaming it loud and running from 100 feet far from the enemy, which will lead to~
D. a crack on the enemy's armor/sword or a cut on his cheek, and lastly ~
E. another rasengan, this time in slow motion from five diffrent angles, after that~
F. Naruto will step on a piece of shit~

This is with no doubt Death Boo's best post ever.

mage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I'll post this again:

Kishimoto's full time job is writing his manga, Since Kishimoto isn't going to take a break from writing to storyboard a film, the movie won't be made with his influences - and the creative team who makes it isn't going to write ANYTHING that might contradict later plot revelations.

Basically, unless more films are made after the series ends, nothing is going to be made as direct supplimentary material.

in 10 minutes i could come up with something 100 times better than the last filler arc/movie (which leads me to believe they have 5 year olds making filler scripts), and i'm sure kishimoto could do the same. he can take a break for 3-4 hours to write a small script and some concepts, he doesn't even have to draw anything. its not like all he does the entire day is draw manga.

Aeon
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: mage

Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I'll post this again:

in 10 minutes i could come up with something 100 times better than the last filler arc/movie (which leads me to believe they have 5 year olds making filler scripts), and i'm sure kishimoto could do the same. he can take a break for 3-4 hours to write a small script and some concepts, he doesn't even have to draw anything. its not like all he does the entire day is draw manga.

I seriously would like to see all the people that complain actually come up with something better(whole script not just a concept. Anyways does anyone know if this arc is about team 7 or the rumored filler arc containing Shino(don't like him) and his dad?.

mage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:01 PM
We know Naruto is going to the Rice Country, so it probably isn't Shino.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:25 PM
I seriously would like to see all the people that complain actually come up with something better(whole script not just a concept. Anyways does anyone know if this arc is about team 7 or the rumored filler arc containing Shino(don't like him) and his dad?.

I accept your challenge. There for I present to you for the approval of the gotwoot forum members my filler story arc idea.

I present to you Shino's story.

Shino's clan has long existed within the naruto world. But because of their unorthodox practices they were seen as evil demonic beings. No one took the time to understand them or their way of life and because of this they were feared and hated. Much like gypsies shino's clan moved from one village to another desperatly trying to find a place to call their own. No matter where they went they were only greeted by prejudice and persecution. Their homes were burned and they were forced to move almost as quickly as they had settled down. And so it has been this way for many centuries as shino's clan moved from one country to another throughout the legendary ninja worlds. Eventually they did find a home, a village that would accept them for who they are and tolerate their way of life. They were taken in by the leaf village, but throughout the many centuries of warfare shino's clan had played a mercenary role in many different conflicts. Because of this shino's clan has made many enemies, people who would enjoy nothing else but to see them eliminated. So despite the many years of peace a new threat dawns on Shino's clan as a mysterious figure enters the village.

There you have the setup, now just throw in Sakura or Konoahmaru, write up a nice anti racism monologue and animate some awesome bug battles and create new character designs for other members of the clan who have yet to be seen and boom you got a satisfying filler arc that can last at least 10 plus episodes everyones happy. Best part is that there are no dog poop jokes.

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Fanfics are soooooooo '03.

Stop it.

jing
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet

I accept your challenge. There for I present to you for the approval of the gotwoot forum members my filler story arc idea.

I present to you Shino's story.

Shino's clan has long existed within the naruto world. But because of their unorthodox practices they were seen as evil demonic beings. No one took the time to understand them or their way of life and because of this they were feared and hated. Much like gypsies shino's clan moved from one village to another desperatly trying to find a place to call their own. No matter where they went they were only greeted by prejudice and persecution. Their homes were burned and they were forced to move almost as quickly as they had settled down. And so it has been this way for many centuries as shino's clan moved from one country to another throughout the legendary ninja worlds. Eventually they did find a home, a village that would accept them for who they are and tolerate their way of life. They were taken in by the leaf village, but throughout the many centuries of warfare shino's clan had played a mercenary role in many different conflicts. Because of this shino's clan has made many enemies, people who would enjoy nothing else but to see them eliminated. So despite the many years of peace a new threat dawns on Shino's clan as a mysterious figure enters the village.

There you have the setup, now just throw in Sakura or Konoahmaru, write up a nice anti racism monologue and animate some awesome bug battles and create new character designs for other members of the clan who have yet to be seen and boom you got a satisfying filler arc that can last at least 10 plus episodes everyones happy. Best part is that there are no dog poop jokes.

Maybe the Leaf Village has the best climate for bugs and insects to exist. Hm.

ES
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Wait a minute here...If Kakashi can do S class...Oh crap...isnt that The Hokage Level...?!

Heh...hopefully it wont suck much...

mage
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:07 PM
S class missions I believe would be going after Orochimaru or the Akatsuki, since they are S class criminals. Or the shitty filler writers might be calling it S class just to make it sound cool.

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by: mage
Or the shitty filler writers might be calling it S class just to make it sound cool.

That's what I was afraid of.

Kezren
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Wasnt Zabuza S-class? If so then it wouldnt necesarily be akatsuki or Orochimaru. Im sure they could come up with some other random Ninjas for S-class bingo book kills.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I think that would be more of a an B or A rank mission.

KM
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:24 PM
After konoha was attacked, konoha has already been said to be under-nin'ed. The genins were chasing sasuke because there weren't enough jounins. Gai just came back from a mission. Don't you wonder what mission he was doing? It seems that the S-class mission is going to answer what the jounins have been doing.

mage
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Zabuza was C rank, then turned A rank when they were attacked by the demon brothers and Zabuza.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-16-2005, 04:33 AM
and S stands for special rank, every japanese game or manga that has ranks also has the S rank, its the highest, always

Although some systems allow for Double S and Triple SS just for more awsomeness.

But yeah, the Atatsuke are all S rank criminals, so the mission SHOULD be awsome, but come on....Rice Country? Who the hell is naming these fucking countries? Rice? Tea? Where's the Explosion Country or the Blood Country or the Valuable Gems Country or something equally rock-your-face-offish? Probably 40 miles northwest of the Dumpling Country, setting of the next filler arc.

basey44
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:22 AM
i think we all know where the best filler arc will be, the ramen country, think of the adventures they could have there, naruto eating ramen, sakura watching naruto eating ramen and some sort of ramen eating race. that would be pretty good dont ya think i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Turkish-S
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:07 PM
can someone tell me if the akatsuchi guy will come now or first the filler about something else and then the akatsuchi guy.&lt;------ dunno if it is spelled right but you know who i mean the guy at the end of the last epi.

mage
Tue, 05-17-2005, 03:22 PM
there probably won't be any akatsuki characters in the filler since they are too important to the story

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sat, 05-21-2005, 08:17 AM
It seems like there's Naruto, Sakura and Jiraiya in it.
I fear that there'll be no member from another team in it... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 01:20 PM
bah, must add kakashi! hes pretty much the only fun part about the team...and death boo z's prediction will come more than 80% true... ramen country sounds great, ...or does it? "The Mystery of the Disappearing Ramen!" naruto chases after legendary ramen, determined to eat it. ...yeah, gay.i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I hope this filler shows Naruto training. Do you think the story will span over the 3 years?

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:46 PM
no the titles dont suggest anything of naruto's training...

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:47 PM
EDIT: sorry all for double post, my brother's hogging all internet reasources and my internet is laggy hell...

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but the mission could have bits of training integrated into it. That'd be cool. Instead of something random, they could do something to go deeper into the story that's already been written.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:52 PM
do you remember any other filler that were good in this series?