PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 259 Discussion

kAi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Raws:
http://xthost.info/naruto259/%...%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip (http://xthost.info/naruto259/%5b2005-24%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip)
Rapid share mirror http://rapidshare.de/files/173...4__Naruto_259.zip.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/1739112/_2005-24__Naruto_259.zip.html)
mirror: http://web.telia.com/~u3143720...%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip
Go and get it.

FUCKEN AWESOME.

get it now!

Jman
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:52 AM
posted this in the other thread anyways

Originally posted by: animemaster
RAW is out
http://xthost.info/naruto259/%...%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip (http://xthost.info/naruto259/%5b2005-24%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip)

Mirror
http://web.telia.com/~u3143720...%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip (http://web.telia.com/~u31437200/%5b2005-24%5d%20Naruto%20259.zip)

yea i quoted myself i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:58 AM
hahahaha for a second there, it looked like Sakura came out of Naruto's pants.

[09:57] <@Mut[at]t[at]> I like how the women are
[09:57] <@Mut[at]t[at]> Doing absolutely nothing

Yup.

kAi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Animemaster, you must be in the inane channel to have that xthost one.

Naruto is getting pwned, hardcore.

Strider
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Shit was tight. Can't wait for a translation, or the scanlations.

The crows were a nice touch to the genjutsu. Had Naruto petrified.

// Strider. Out.

Masamune
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:17 PM
hmm naruto is getting owned : D

Psyke
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Freaking cool chapter......... Guess all that "Genjutsu resistance" training with Jiraiya didn't go that well for Naruto......

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:24 PM
itachi's genjutsu was off the hook

weakest anbu
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
AHAHAHAH anyone noticed? naruto was crying at the end... so bad~~

SK
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
seems Naruto got owned. lol mut is seriously the biggest hater ever.

// SK. Out.

Zhan
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:23 PM
bahahah naruto sucks. he was dumb enough to think he could take on itachi with just two years of training...not much of a surprise tho

Lefty
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Duh, Naruto still dosn't stand a chance against Itachi, But I think Naruto will serously lose his cool and go a little brawler but still get beat down. but show's he has improved.

SK
Fri, 05-13-2005, 03:45 PM
yeah i agree with lefty. i dont think anyone can just go head to head and brawl with itachi.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
It seems that no matter how good someone is, a genjitsu that plays on your inner fears, they will lose to it. Maybe like Hokage level won't, but I bet even Kakashi could fall under something like that, even just for a few seconds.

Nine Tailed Demon
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Need a translation BAD!! Good chapter, can't wait till it's animated...

GLS
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by: Nine Tailed Demon
Need a translation BAD!!

Ditto that. Great chapter, though!
I'd like to see a coloring of page 14.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm dissapointed, I was hoping to see what happened with gai and kisame. I didn't really think the chapter was that great, Naruto got caught in some genjutsu.....we haven't seen that before.

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
You guys are so lazy. Here is the translation:

Page 1
Title:
Number 259: Itachi's Strength...!!
(Anybody else notice that the Jump typesetter placed the colon in the wrong place?)

Left Side, Text:
Tenten on a short break. I'm hanging around with those three after all, so every now and then... you understand, right?

Page 2
Frame 1, Text:
Itachi vs. Naruto, what happens...?!
(More literally, 'what happens in their battle')

Page 5
Left Side, Text:
Now, off to save Gaara!! Will the Konoha teams arrive in time?!

Page 6
Frame 1, Right Bubble, Naruto:
Dammit...

Frame 1, Left Bubble, Naruto:
I didn't even look at his eyes...!

Frame 3, Right Bubble, Naruto:
Damn...!

Frame 3, Left Bubble, Naruto:
A genjutsu, but how...?!
(More literally 'Why did [I get caught] in a genjutsu')

Frame 4, Itachi:
These eyes aren't my only way of activating a genjutsu

Frame 5, Itachi:
I can activate one with just this one finger
(More literally 'If I have this one finger, it is possible'. Note, however, that this is not necessarily saying that there is anything particularly special about whichever finger he is referring to. Also, it seems to be referring to the index finger, given that the index finger is slightly raised in this frame, and also that the index finger is raised in the flashback on the next page.)

Page 7
Frame 2, Text, Itachi:
I have you come with me in just a bit... Naruto-kun
(Note: I translated this as 'soon enough' instead of 'in just a bit' in the last chapter. I changed it here because someone contacted me saying that they didn't know whether to interpret 'soon enough' as 'in a few minutes' or 'next week' or what. While I can kind of understand this confusion, I felt that 'soon enough' would be more than explicit based on the context, that is, that it would be assumed that this meant that Itachi had the Intention of abducting Naruto, well, after incapacitating him. But in the interest of making this clearer, I've changed it to 'in just a bit' here.)

Frame 4, Bubble, Naruto:
Guh

Frame 4, Text, Naruto:
So that's when...
(More literally 'That time, huh...?'. This is referring to Naruto realizing when Itachi activated the genjutsu, for those you don't understand.)

Frame 6, Right Bubbles, Itachi:
Don't worry...... I won't use the Mangekyou Sharingan...

Frame 6, Left Bubbles, Itachi:
Or rather, it'd be better to say I can't use it right now...
(More literally, 'Or rather, it would be more correct to say that I can't use it right now...'.)

Page 8
Frame 3, Right Bubble, Itachi:
Oh well...

Frame 3, Left Bubble, Itachi:
At any rate, it's about time I had you go to sleep

Frame 4, Jiraiya:
Listen to me, Naruto. When you get trapped in a genjutsu, there's a certain knack to breaking free.

Frame 5, Naruto:
Hey Ero-sennin! Instead of what to do when I get trapped in one, why don't you teach me how to use genjutsu!

Page 9
Frame 1:
Aaaahhhhh.......
(Big long sigh...)

Frame 2, Right Bubbles, Jiraiya:
Listen Naruto... A genjutsu is something where, by applying it to an opponent's five senses,
(Sentence continued in next bubble)

Frame 2, Left Bubbles, Jiraiya:
you control the chakra that flows through their nervous system, in other words, it's an advanced intellectual ninjutsu.

Frame 3, Right, Naruto:
Hmmmm...

Frame 3, Left, Naruto:
I don't get it...

Frame 4, Right Bubbles, Jiraiya:
Nobody's saying you have to learn how to use genjutsu. After all, you're not at all a genjutsu-type of shinobi to begin with...

Frame 4, Left Bubble, Naruto:
Huh? Really?

Frame 5, Right Bubble, Naruto:
Well then enough with genjutsu already!

Frame 5, Left Bubble, Naruto:
Teach me something else, something else!
(Literally, 'Let's do the next training, the next training!

Frame 6, Jiraiya:
Yes, but things won't work out that way

Page 10
Frame 1, Right Bubble, Jiraiya:
After all, among your enemies, some are genjutsu-users...

Frame 1, Left Bubble, Jiraiya:
You need to learn how to properly deal with a genjutsu!

Frame 2, Naruto:
Whaa....

Frame 3, Jiraiya:
Listen... If you get caught in a genjutsu, try your absolute best to stop your own flow of chakra for a moment

Frame 4, Right Bubbles, Jiraiya:
While in a genjutsu, your mind's chakra is being controlled by your opponent

Frame 4, Left Bubbles, Jiraiya:
If you disrupt that flow of chakra with an even greater power, the genjutsu will break.

Frame 5, Naruto:
And what if even that doesn't work?

Frame 6, Right Bubble, Jiraiya:
[In that case,] having someone touch your body

Frame 6, Left Bubble, Jiraiya:
and then inject chakra to disrupt the flow is the only way [out]...

Page 11
Frame 2, Naruto:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Frame 3, Text, Itachi:
He's gotten better...

Frame 4, Itachi:
But... it's still not enough

Page 13
Frame 1, Naruto:
Uggghh!!

Frame 2, Naruto:
This is... a genjutsu... I'm going to beat it!

Page 14
Naruto:
Uaaaahhhaaa!!

Page 15
Frame 4, Sasuke:
[I'll finish you now] since I wasn't able to kill you before

Page 16
Frame 1, Right Bubble, Sakura:
... Why... didn't you stop Sasuke-kun...

Frame 1, Left Bubble, Sakura:
I trusted you...

Page 17
Frame 1, Right Bubble, Kakashi:
You couldn't even protect you friends

Frame 1, Left Bubble, Kakashi:
I expected more of you... you're a disappointment!

Frame 3, Right Bubble, Gaara:
You're always the one who gets the better end of the deal...

Frame 3, Left Bubble, Gaara:
It's always you that takes the good fortune...

Frame 5, Naruto:
Uuhh...

Page 19
Frame 1, Kakashi:
Are you alright?! Naruto!

Frame 2, Naruto:
... What happened to me...

Frame 3, Sakura:
It's a genjutsu... you're alright now

Frame 3, Chiyo-baasama:
This guy... he's more than just doujutsu...

Frame 6, Kakashi:
Now then, time for the final showdown. Put some heart in it, Naruto

Left Side Text:
The terrifying genjutsu of Itachi... The ones who saved Naruto from this nightmare were his friends!! And now, Kakashi looks to end the battle!!

Bottom Text:
No. 259 / Fin -> Kakashi vs. Itachi, how will the battle conclude!? Next Issue, "Sharingan"!!

SK
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:06 PM
im hopin kakashi will somehow someway be able to hold his own against itachi, but i think he will get owned again i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

jeffreysuk
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:48 PM
ditto i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
but kakashi is my favorite character
i dont want him too lose

Deblas
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Shannaro low quality scanlation is out (http://www.narutofan.com/downloads/download.php/1/nmanga259slq.zip)

Hotsuma
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Read the translations. Oh MAN Itachi messed Naruto up. That was funny.

kAi
Sat, 05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
So, what do people think?

Will Naruto get captured by Itachi now and be taken away from Kakashi and co?
Or will he still be with them, and that either Itachi or Kakashi's team will retreat, or be defeated?

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 05-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Honestly at this point I could care less about itachi's fight with Kakashi I'm more curious about what happened to kisame. For all we know he's dead, he probably isn't since I don't think Kishimoto would kill him off this early in the game but Honeslty it did seem like he was thourghly owned by gai. I really hope that Kisame busts out with something really badass, since he really hasn't had any moments to shine yet.

Assertn
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:48 AM
it was neat......but nothing really PROGRESSED in this chapter......
we're still pretty much where we left off 2 weeks ago, with kakashi facing off itachi and the others staying back and chilling...i honestly dont even know why itachi tried to genjutsu naruto in the first place

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Naruto would get owned by Itachi no question at all, but not because Itachi doesn't have to do anything. If Itachi's a genjutsu user, then he expect he should be expected to use that. And keep in mind we really don't know how strong Naruto's gotten, and neither does Itachi, so he's playing no games. One more thing, the description of genjutsu just answered a debate I remember being a part of a while back about how genjutsu works. On one opponent at a time. So that total darkness spell used in the kage fight only affected Sandaime.

Edit to below: It wasn't fear that made him cry, it was the emotions brought up by the visions, mainly guilt and feelings of inadequacy.

Edort4
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Well all this chapter where like 1 or 2 seconds of real life so it was only to show that naruto now knows a little more about genjutsu, and that itachi has more than his eyes. But it really felt like this chapter was a time buyer for kishimoto to think about the arc and give him 1 week more. All this chapter could have been made in 5 pages so i get that feeling.

I think itachi knows that fighting 4 at a time could be troublesome so he tried with the weakest against genjutsu to take him out of the fight in a fast way. And naruto to cry because of fear... was shocking, so uncool he was a thougher guy before!

Bye

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:18 AM
fuckin' cool genjutsu, almost worth the fact nothing happened in the chapter.
at least it's an improvement to the previous shown genjutsu, just think about the Tayuya flute illusion...

Crows always make things much cooler, and so does Gaara

SK
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
we're still pretty much where we left off 2 weeks ago, with kakashi facing off itachi and the others staying back and chilling...i honestly dont even know why itachi tried to genjutsu naruto in the first place

yeah, really not much of anything happened. and why would itachi waste chakra putting naruto in a genjutsu when the others are there to just take him out of it. seems like a waste of a chapter.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh yeaaaaaah. I love Itachi's genjutsu and I love seeing Naruto tortured, so this was a very enjoyable chapter. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SK
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:18 AM
i hope we get to see NEJI tortured hahaha.

PSJ
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:50 AM
nothing really happened in this chap but it was enjoyable anyway. itachi's genjutsu was awesome hope we get to see some more badass stuff. oh and i really hope kisame isnt dead, he hasnt done anything yet.

Psyke
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:01 PM

Maybe he tried Genjutsu on all of them but Naruto's the only one (still) not capable of dispelling it.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
i hope we get to see NEJI tortured hahaha.

stfu, Hinata fanboy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

jing
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:31 PM
kisame cant die, he didnt do that jutsu yet.

kyubisrage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Naruto was crying not because of fear but because of the emotions of failing to bring back sasuke. I think itachi used it on naruto so he can see how strong he has gotten well a little test.

Jaredster
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by: kyubisrage
Naruto was crying not because of fear but because of the emotions of failing to bring back sasuke. I think itachi used it on naruto so he can see how strong he has gotten well a little test.

or just to fuck with him.

kyubisrage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:21 PM
true.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Kakashi looks more confident then the first time he faught Itaci so he must have something in mind ot defeat Itachi,what ever happens i dont think that Kakashi will get owned even if he loses.

Just before Naruto got caught in the genjutsu where did the other three go? It seems strange that they dissapear for a while then they are suddenly back...

kAi
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:37 PM
No, it's all the Genjutsu, it was Naruto's head, and Genjutsu, Itachi made them disappear in the jutsu.

It was all Itachi's doing.

Dezalanel
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Did anyone else noticed that Itachi said " I CANT use mangekyou sharingan" .....why is this??? Perhaps whatever Kakashi is doing is preventing it? I dunno but that line just struck me as odd.

Mut
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Maybe it's cuz it's an illusion...

Roko
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:53 PM
well, Kakashi is obviously going to win since Itachi cannot use the mangekyou sharingan. Still, it's gonna be an interesting battle. I wanna see Sakura punch somebody in the face with her strength; it would be funny to see somebody like Itachi with a dislocated and crooked nose. =P

edit: @ Dezalanel: its cuz most of his chakra is being used for that technique that the rest of akatsuki is using.

basey44
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:35 PM
why would kakashi clearly win? itachi far out classes kakashi, the mangekyou is just like a bonus, itachi doesnt really need it

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:57 PM
How do you know this? It's been two years and Kakashi's no lightweight. Plus, I think kakashi has other special abilities associated with his white chakra. But yeah, its not obvious at all that kakashi can beat itachi.

Edit to Zhan: I'm pretty sure a couple of times in the manga and once in the anime they mentioned kakashi having white chakra, I don't know if its something separate from normal chakra or not, but they did mention it. They never bothered to elaborate on it though.

Zhan
Mon, 05-16-2005, 12:07 AM
white chakra? i thought kakashi's chakra was blue.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-16-2005, 12:48 AM
as far as i recall, he has normal chakra but he has a dagger with white chackra, whatever that may be.

Roko
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:30 AM
that may be the case, but you have to admit: Itachi does not have a lot of chakra left. On top of that, there's also Naruto, Sakura, and that old lady (forgot her name). I say that either Kakashi wins, or Itachi runs away again. Buts that's just my opinion. Think what you will.

Prof. Chaos
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Maybe he couldn't use it cause it was a kage-bushin attacking Naruto.

kooshi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:50 AM
I liked this chapter, even though nothing much actually happened. It's good to know that there are other ways of dispelling genjutsu, other than applying pain to yourself (as Kurenai did when she was caught in her own genjutsu). Still, Itachi is in a bad situation, going against 4 people. Wonder how Kakashi plans to end this...

folf
Mon, 05-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Itachi finally got through Naruto's thick skull.. : )

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Back, bitches.

The chapter was decent. As I stated earlier, the crows were a nice touch to the Genjutsu and do seem to make everything just better when it involves something evil or the likes.

Itachi performing Genjutsu with a simple finger gesture? Wasn't even seal forming. He pointed at Naruto! That kid's a beast.

Kooshi: It was never fully explained as it was in this latest chapter, however, it's always been implied that disrupting your chakra flow would dispel any illusionary tactics of your enemies (i.e. - Sakura releasing Naruto and "releasing" Shikamaru during the War). She simply had to touch them, as done in this latest chapter.

SK: "// SK. Out." .. "They should torture Neji" .. !? .. Heresy! Blasphemy! Next you'll talk ill about Rock Lee. And, then .. it'll get ugly.

// Strider. Out.

basey44
Mon, 05-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
How do you know this? It's been two years and Kakashi's no lightweight. Plus, I think kakashi has other special abilities associated with his white chakra. But yeah, its not obvious at all that kakashi can beat itachi.

Edit to Zhan: I'm pretty sure a couple of times in the manga and once in the anime they mentioned kakashi having white chakra, I don't know if its something separate from normal chakra or not, but they did mention it. They never bothered to elaborate on it though.

ah shit yea lol i totally forgot about the 3 year jump i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Even the old lady said "this guy is more than doujutsu..."

I dont think Itachi is considred so strong just cause he uses manga sharingan.

Whatever happens we know that Kakashi cant win since it wouldnt be good for the story if Itachi ran away cause he coulndt beat Kakashi, if he reatrets its gonna be cause he uses up to much chakra or something like that.

About the white chakra didnt Kakashi use it in Kakashi Gaiden ? and i dont remember it being a knife ,maybe its a speciel justu where you chakra becomes white.
Since his father is know for the white chakra maybe Kakashi will it to us againt Itachi.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:11 AM
I could have sworn Kakashi's 'White Chakra' was the performed while using his Father's blade. Don't think it could be done, otherwise. Of course, we never know.

As for Itachi not being able to use the Mangekyou Sharingan, I believe that was because it would not have had the same affect since it was an illusion. You need to lock eyes to be struck with the Mangekyou. Naruto was subdued by his finger.

How will this battle end? Kakashi has improved, this much I'm sure we can all agree on. Although, it's assured Itachi's also improved (except his eyesight?). Itachi's already dedicating 30% of his chakra towards the ritual, not to mention a portion of his chakra has also been dedicated to the Kage Bunshin that is in the cave performing the ritual for each of the actual Akatsuki members. I'd say, at most, Itachi's running on a half tank. To go all out, as it appears Kakashi and Naruto may force him to do, he's going to end up tapping into the chakra he needs to reserve for the ritual or flee. I think amidst the battle, he'll realize he's almost out and if he taps into his reserve, the leader will retrieve him.

// Strider. Out.

kAi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Whatever happens we know that Kakashi cant win since it wouldnt be good for the story if Itachi ran away cause he coulndt beat Kakashi, if he reatrets its gonna be cause he uses up to much chakra or something like that.

Running away in my book, is considered a loss.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by: kAi

Itachi and Kisame left Konoha once Gai showed up. Does that mean Itachi lost to Gai then, too? I don't know, I think leaving to fight another day leaves it unsettled (obviously), with things in favor of the person who remained. Don't think you can count losses and victories from it, though.

Although, this situation is different and thus that question is somewhat unfair. They're actually going to fight this time, unlike Gai and Itachi .. So, if Itachi is brought to that point where he has to leave, I suppose I'd understand how some might mark a loss on Itachi's record. However, Kakashi's priority isn't to defeat Itachi .. It's to rescue Gaara, and I think it's just now changed to protecting Naruto from also being captured. By getting Itachi to leave for whatever reason, with all his people's lives in tact, is where his victory will be attained.

// Strider. Out.

Assertn
Mon, 05-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by: kAi

itachi isnt concerned about winning or losing in petty honor matches
he put kakash into a coma, kurenai and asuma were standing around being worthless, and we now know that kisame is a very strong matchup against gai 1v1

im sure itachi and kisame couldve inflicted a LOT more damage if they wanted to the konoha jounins, but itachi had more important priorities than winning a pointless fight

kAi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Running away instead of defeating your opponent by lack of chakra is a loss.

Assertn
Mon, 05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
clearly it wasn't LACK of chakra, if he was still able to perform a 2nd tsukuyomi AND the amaterasu that same day

chet_chetty
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Itachi cant use Mangekyou because the bunshin of him back at the Akatsuki HQ needs mad chakra to continue w/ the summoning ritual thing.

DDBen
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:27 PM
clearly it wasn't LACK of chakra, if he was still able to perform a 2nd tsukuyomi AND the amaterasu that same day

*blinks* um he used the other tsukuyomi and Amaterasu on a completely differn't day from when he fought Kakashi and Gai. Atleast as far as I recall.

Itachi ran off after the fight because he had already used tsukuyomi and that drained him of most of his strength.

On the other hand when he used the Amaterasu he did not use tsukuyomi on Sosuke he used a regular Genjutsu on him which was applied with his sharingan.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen

*blinks* um he used the other tsukuyomi and Amaterasu on a completely differn't day from when he fought Kakashi and Gai. Atleast as far as I recall.

Itachi ran off after the fight because he had already used tsukuyomi and that drained him of most of his strength.

On the other hand when he used the Amaterasu he did not use tsukuyomi on Sosuke he used a regular Genjutsu on him which was applied with his sharingan.

I'd bet something inconsequential that Itachi used that second Tsukiyomi (on Sasuke) and Amaterasu (on the Mountain Frog summon) in the same day. When Itachi and Kisame were fighting the Jounin squad, Jiraiya and Naruto had began their trip to the neighboring town. Itachi and Kisame bounced from there, and I believe went straight to trying to get Naruto. I cannot recall a night ever passing between the fight and the hotel bout. More like morning to late afternoon, I'd imagine, as Itachi and Kisame returned to Konoha with the morning mist.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

// Strider. Out.

kAi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:52 PM
wtf!?

I was talking about the current Kakashi and co v Itachi.

Chapter 249 stuff.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I know you were, but I think my question to you where I asked if you believed Itachi to have lost to Gai, considering he fled shortly thereafter his arrival, may have brought out the comments in regards to the past referrence.

If Itachi leaves in these next upcoming chapters, it still means little other than Kakashi and Co. weren't fighting Itachi at his best, and they were fortunate for that and better take advantage of it. The bad thing is, this can simply be like a Gauntlet. They're able to push Itachi away? So what? There are another half-dozen Akatsuki members chillin' in the cut.

// Strider. Out.

kAi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 03:03 PM
If you run away, it is considered a forfeit, so yes.

Say you were a boxer, and you said, "Nah, I'm too tired to carry on." Throw in the towel, walk away, is it not a loss?

Say the Leader of an army, tells his army to retreat, they do. They may have lost the battle, but they can still win the war.

Paulyboy
Mon, 05-16-2005, 05:41 PM
I thought he transformed into the damn birds, but I guess i was wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

galarnon
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:19 PM

Naaaa!!! It was tsukuyomi for SURE!!!! check it again...

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by: Paulyboy
I thought he transformed into the damn birds, but I guess i was wrong

That was all part of the Genjutsu. He [Itachi] dispersed into a flock of crows, then reassembled himself in the air, and when Naruto attempted to dispel the Genjutsu .. the crows attacked, morphed into shurikens, and all stabbed / pierced Naruto. Then, Naruto falls into another Genjutsu and starts ballin'.

// Strider. Out.

weakest anbu
Mon, 05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
the REAL reason why itachi cant use the mangekyou sharingan:

since nobody is looking at itachi's eyes, hes not going use tsukuyomi so the only thing left for mangekyou is amaterasu. But kishimoto is not going to let anyone from team kakashi burn down to ashes yet.. So itachi ends up having to bullshit something like "i cant use use mangekyou because errrr...... shit happens"

feel free to disagree.

Roko
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Shanaro high quality is out, if anyone's interested, at narutofan.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
the REAL reason why itachi cant use the mangekyou sharingan:

since nobody is looking at itachi's eyes, hes not going use tsukuyomi so the only thing left for mangekyou is amaterasu. But kishimoto is not going to let anyone from team kakashi burn down to ashes yet.. So itachi ends up having to bullshit something like "i cant use use mangekyou because errrr...... shit happens"

feel free to disagree.

....its b/c hes either a kage bushin alrdy or he has used the kage bushin to keep in the cave?

either that or he just doesnt have enough chakra right now, he may have already used some in order to help the sacrifice.

chet_chetty
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:07 PM
the bunshin of him back in the cave is STILL conducting the sacrifice...he's losing chakra in one place while he's fighting Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura, old lady in another. that's why he cant use Mangekyou.

weakest anbu
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
....its b/c hes either a kage bushin alrdy or he has used the kage bushin to keep in the cave?

kage bunshin? lol what are you talking about thats not a kage bunshin in the cave.

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
either that or he just doesnt have enough chakra right now, he may have already used some in order to help the sacrifice.

alot of ppl already said that... but 30% off doesnt mean he cant use mangekyou. he did use amaterasu and 2 tsukuyomi in one day... so if you do the math he can still pull off 2 mangekyou moves.

Roko
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:50 PM
30%...where did you get that? That was for Kisuke, if I remember correctly, and Kisuke's supposed to have a ton of chakra. That, and we dunno exactly how much of Itachi's chakra is used each for tsukuyomi and amaterasu. Your jumping to conclusions if you think they each cost him 30% of his chakra.

obake
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm curious about the image of Sasuke. Does Itachi directly control what Naruto sees while caught in a genjutsu, or does the jutsu itself create whatever would most effectively incapacitate the target? If Itachi directly controlled it, then he must've seen Sasuke at some point in these last two and a half years. That venus-fly-trap Akatsuki member could've explained what happened during the Sasuke/Naruto fight, but I don't think he could've described with pin-point accuracy what the new Sasuke looked like, you know what I mean?

weakest anbu
Tue, 05-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by: Roko
30%...where did you get that? That was for Kisuke, if I remember correctly, and Kisuke's supposed to have a ton of chakra. That, and we dunno exactly how much of Itachi's chakra is used each for tsukuyomi and amaterasu. Your jumping to conclusions if you think they each cost him 30% of his chakra.

you know theres something call analyze ^^ itachi used 3xmange before he starts sweating and he even admitted using mange 3 times in one day was a bad idea... so i guese 3 is a reasonable number. there are lot of things thats uncertain but that doesnt mean you have to wait for akatsuki to say "w3 r t3h strongest" you can actually use a brain and think a little nah mean~ but you are right about the kisame part i assumed 30% is off anyone whos doing the ritual but whats a better estimate than 30% ? even 60% off itachi should be able to pull off 1 mange move no problem.

Zhan
Tue, 05-17-2005, 08:03 PM
hey..back during the fight between orochimaru and the third, raidou (one of the anbu) quoted that kage bunshin dvides the users chakra into equal amounts..so if it is a kage bunshin in the cave it wouldn't affect the real itachi fighting with kakashi right now (if that is the real one) either way itachi's chakra is not being drained because the kage bunshin has its own chakra.

Shin_Naruto
Tue, 05-17-2005, 10:34 PM
OMG MAYBE HE USED IT 3 TIMES ALREADY THAT DAY!?!?!! AND NOW HE CANT USE ANY AT ALL!!!!

... just more fuel for you guys to use in the pointless 'Itachi is so tough because...' arguements going on right now

ENJOY!!!!

samsonlonghair
Wed, 05-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Obake brings up an excellent point. Was the vision of sasuke a simple hallucination caused by a simpler genjutsu, or did Itachi know what sasuke looks like in that level two cursed seal form? I don't think Naruto would have imagined those crows on his own, so why would he imagine level two sasuke on his own. This implies that Itachi saw sasuke after going to level two.

Zhan
Wed, 05-18-2005, 01:27 AM
zetsu prolly just described it to itachi lol

chet_chetty
Wed, 05-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Or it means that this particular genjutsu, like Tsukiyomi, instills anxiety in the target and will automatically play on that person's inner fears. Itachi doesnt know specific images and memories that hurt Naruto emotionally. These are images (from the time of his fight w/ sasuke to the present) Naruto has previously recalled in his mind on his own.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by: chet_chetty
Or it means that this particular genjutsu, like Tsukiyomi, instills anxiety in the target and will automatically play on that person's inner fears. Itachi doesnt know specific images and memories that hurt Naruto emotionally. These are images (from the time of his fight w/ sasuke to the present) Naruto has previously recalled in his mind on his own.

My thoughts exactly.