PDA

View Full Version : Manga vs. Anime?

AznSensation
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:05 AM
It seems to me that the manga used to be way ahead of the Anime, at least it was when I first started getting into Naruto. However, now it seems like the Anime has really caught up pretty fast to the manga, considering one anime usually equals 2-3 mangas. So anyone know what's going to happen? More filler Eps? Or will the Anime just catch up and then the manga be the one that falls behind?

Just curious

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:09 AM
It's impossible for the manga to "fall behind" unless Naruto becomes a shit filled series.

Oh wait.

Psyke
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:27 AM
The anime might take a break after this season, like what the manga did. That may mean no naruto anime for the next 2 or 3 months.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Doubtful. They won't stop broadcasting, I've never heard of an anime doing that.
We can however expect a myriad of filler (and since Sasuke is gone now, hopefully the filler will focus on other characters than team 7)

Jaredster
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
The anime might take a break after this season, like what the manga did. That may mean no naruto anime for the next 2 or 3 months.

I like the sound of that.

Gives the animation teams time to do better work to with less stress of deadlines.

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Take a fucking four month break then enter into a new filler arc.

Of course, that's what I'd WANT them to do. But since anime audiences have fucking ADHD they have to air shit year round.

Jaredster
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Take a fucking four month break then enter into a new filler arc.

Of course, that's what I'd WANT them to do. But since anime audiences have fucking ADHD they have to air shit year round.

If what you are saying is that they will loose some fanbase, they just do what they always do and just hype it up (advertisements) before the new episodes come out.

What amazes me is the consistancy of the animation studios in Japan. They are able to do year round stuff like this. That kind of stuff should drive a man insane.

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

If what you are saying is that they will loose some fanbase, they just do what they always do and just hype it up (advertisements) before the new episodes come out.

How is that "what they always do"? It's never done. Serialized anime never takes a break. That's what's always done on non-anime television, and what needs to be done now. The reason Japanese animation studios can work year round is that they're producing animation almost 15 years behind the curve.

kAi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:03 AM
It only looks like the Anime is catching up, because that whole arc that's going on now, is like one day.

Current Manga chapter: 259 (soon to be released)
Current Anime episode: 134 (released)

There's still a while to go.
If they do anything, I would rather the anime take a break, than going into another stupid filler arc.

basey44
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:55 AM
mmm theres not really that big a gap, episode 134 is the equivilent of manga chapter 234

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Honestly I really do hope that the anime takes a break. Were at a good time for one two with part 1 finally beginning to wrap up. Wouldn't surprise me if they take 4-6 month break then slowly build up the hype before the reintroduce naruto part 2. I just hope they don't rename the anime naruto z. Or we might get a more extended kakashi gaiden filled with more content. That would't be so bad considering how in the manga Kakashi gaiden really felt like it was rushed.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:29 PM
From Narutofan.com

"As the Naruto anime series is only one episode away from being extremely close to the arc the current Naruto manga series is on, what we all knew will happen, is happening. In the month of June we will see the second set of Naruto filler stories come to life as Naruto heads to Rice Field Country on a Super-S Class mission. Apart from all the complaining you will hear from people you have to recognize that this is a good thing for the series, regardless what the storyline is like. It is much better then Naruto going off air for months, losing its audience and being cancelled, after the anime caught up with the manga. We definately wouldn't want that to happen, so this could very well be a blessing.

Upcoming episode titles: Episode 135: The Promise That I Could Not Keep. Episode 136: Infiltration Investigation!? The Super-S Class Mission Which Has Finally Come! Episode 137: Town of Outlaws. Shadow of the Fuumaa Group. Episode 138: The Promise Betrayed, The Fleeting Request. - it is unclear how long this arc will last, however one could speculate they will try and stretch it out to let the manga series progress farther."

...dammit...

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:54 PM
well, a filler arc can be good for the story, the chapters before naruto went out with JIraya were a bit empty, so a decent filler arc could be good.
of course, an S-class mission is complete shit, seeing as Naruto will proabably end up fighting some missing nin and blow him up with the rasengan (but won't kill him), instead of showing a real ninja mission of somewhat level C or B, that will end with them sneaking in a building and blowing it up in a timely matter without going Kyubi/half dead/ mass kage bunshin.

kooshi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
With the last filler arc they had about the Tea Country, I just hope that they make this arc somewhat decent. They gotta put in some clever elements and such.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I was just about to post the narutofan stuff.

wtf guys, quit saying "dammit" and stuff like that... you really want the show to take a fucking break? Even in the fillers there are some nice elements.. a lot better than not getting anything at all. But shit... rice field country.. rofl. These fillers will probably be better, because since Sasuke is gone now we won't see the basic filler plotline. Maybe more chars will be present now? (I doubt they'll just use Naruto & Sakura, especially given the fact that they just lost a team member)

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I was just about to post the narutofan stuff.

wtf guys, quit saying "dammit" and stuff like that... you really want the show to take a fucking break?

Yes, like real television shows do.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:23 PM
But that's moronic. If you don't want to watch fillers then just skip 'em, the result will be the same for filler-haters when it comes to waiting anyway.
(Assuming that they skip the fillers, the amount of time they'd have to wait for the story to continue is equal to if a gap was there instead)

It's not like the quality of the show decreases just because they keep making episodes, anyway. So yeah.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:24 PM
lol the s mission is prolly the mission kakashi said he would do later against tsunade, and it showed three peeps, so im geussing 3 pretty strong guys, which means prolly good fights

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:28 PM

It's not like the quality of the show decreases just because they keep making episodes, anyway. So yeah.

Yes it does. Wasting money for months on shitty episodes *does* decrease the quality of the overall product. Trim that shit off and just take a break and the animation teams/teams would have a lot more time to prep the episodes in advance, which is more important than saving cash - which this would also do.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, that makes sense I guess.

Still, I prefer seeing my weekly Naruto even if it comes on the expense of worse animation/art in the coming storyline episodes.

AznSensation
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:32 PM
I would imagine that the filler episodes will have to include other characters but would still somehow include Naruto and maybe even Sakura in the mix. The only problem is how they'll do the transition from Naruto after the big fight to him leaving with Jiraya. I'm thinking it'll be something that ties together with the manga and will bring us back to the exact point in the manga as they did before with Sasuke.

Like, for the Manga readers we all knew that Sasuke was never really in the hospital because of some stolen sword and that his jealously and hatred never erupted because of what he saw Naruto do during those racing eps. But somehow the anime was able to make him still get injured still be jealous, for more reasons than JUST being jealous that Itachi wanted Naruto, since that ninja in the filler eps mocked Sasuke.

So I guess these fillers answers my questions for the most part, I imagine that it'll be one or maybe even a few series which will eventually end with Naruto once again being brutally hurt and then Jiraya coming to the hospital to meet with him and thus begin... Otherwise I guess they could end it the way the manga did and just show a whole lot about other characters and then finally throw in the Kakashi series to top it off?

Not sure, but I suppose this could get interesting i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:34 PM

Still, I prefer seeing my weekly Naruto even if it comes on the expense of worse animation/art in the coming storyline episodes.

I don't understand this at all. You want lots of shit instead of some good stuff?

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:38 PM
i wouldnt really care, maybe its better for em to stop for a while, i have enough other animes to watch, but i wouldnt mind a"filler" cause i dont read the manga

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

I don't understand this at all. You want lots of shit instead of some good stuff?

No, I just don't care that much about art/animation. The series itself will not be degraded to bad just because fillers are produced and money is spent on them instead of the storyline episodes. Which is why I don't mind them if I must choose between that and no Naruto at all.

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:00 PM

No, I just don't care that much about art/animation. The series itself will not be degraded to bad just because fillers are produced and money is spent on them instead of the storyline episodes..

This are two of the most hilariously offbase thing I've ever heard.

Whatever. Shitty animation that looks worse than stuff created before digital animation existed is fine for 99% of anime fans, I guess I'll accept it eventually.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I don't get it. What's hilarious?

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Why would you watch animation if you don't care about animation?

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh come on. You know what I mean.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't mind "below par" animation as long as the overall show is enjoyable, which Naruto has been so far. And I doubt that will change with a few filler episodes.
Of course it's not necessarily fun with bad animation, but Naruto's animation isn't bad as it is and... oh what the fuck, you get the point.

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Terra: I understand what you mean.
I think having Naruto filler every week is a good trade off for not having it at all. As long as it's decent.

But I also wouldn't mind a break. I mean seriously, most of my favorite anime series ended 10 years ago, but that doesn't mean I don't like them have lost interest. Naruto wouldn't suffer because of a break. It'd probably be better actually. That's just opinion though.

Whatever, none of that matters though since we ARE in fact getting filler episodes. Haha...rice country...of all things...

I'm more worried about when we'll see the Kakashi Gaiden animated!!!

Y
Sat, 05-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Oh come on. You know what I mean.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't mind "below par" animation as long as the overall show is enjoyable, which Naruto has been so far. And I doubt that will change with a few filler episodes.
Of course it's not necessarily fun with bad animation, but Naruto's animation isn't bad as it is and... oh what the fuck, you get the point.

The animation being produced by current Japanese development houses is equal to or worse than it was ten years ago. Naruto is passable when you compare it to other, modern Japanese animation. It's really, really bad when you consider that even with enormous advances in technology in the industry, quality has taken a step backwards due primarily to three issues:

1) Shuttling the job around to multiple subsidiary teams.
2) Using every advance in animation to produce quantity instead of quality.

Naruto would be fucking amazing if the extremely rigid industry structure didn't strangle it at every turn.

Rurouni
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Doubtful. They won't stop broadcasting, I've never heard of an anime doing that.
what about InuYasha?

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't know, I don't watch Inuyasha. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rurouni
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't know, I don't watch Inuyasha.

you should though i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif No but the anime cought up with the manga too and the halted the anime so the manga can finish (they are now in chapter 408, going for the 500th i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) and then start animating it again

CrackerJason23
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:10 AM
In the manga, before the current arc, there were a couple special sections like "kakashi gaiden", right? I was hoping those would be made into anime... Do you think/know whether they will be?

Psyke
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by: CrackerJason23
In the manga, before the current arc, there were a couple special sections like "kakashi gaiden", right? I was hoping those would be made into anime... Do you think/know whether they will be?

Most probably they will be made into anime. I don't see any reason not to do that and it would be pointless for them to show more fillers instead.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I am guessing the gaiden comes after the filler arc.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
I did wonder myself if things would progress as it is now, if the animated series were to catch up to the manga.

Hopefully, though .. the animated version of the Kakashi Gaiden (if we're so lucky to get it in televised format) will allow the manga to gain a few more weeks advancement over the series.

Y: Is there any anime out now, whose animation would you place upon a pedastal above all others? I am not asking to test you or your knowledge of animation. Simply curious as to where you're coming from and what you consider good shit.

// Strider. Out.