PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360

SK
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:47 PM
this will be a long post....pics of new x-box at the end. sorry if these have been posted.

First info for you guys:
*It will be released in europe 7-10 days after USA-release
*December release in Japan
*Its released in less than six months
*Release games: Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3 and Kameo. Check at the end of this post.

Oh you guys... the controllers look PERFECT! And so does the console!

More info:
*10-16 game titles at the release. 40 games after half a year.
*The Xbox Live Silver thingy is correct, it will be there, and those features will be free. "Free weekends" and such.
*You will be able to transfer stuff from an ipod. Mentioned more later.
*You will see TV thru your Xbox. Mentioned more later, check under.
*You can have it placed on "standing position" and just have it straight down.
*When you watch DVD, some stuff in the console will automaticly shut down - so its more quiet. Like one of the fans.
*You load the batteries on the controllers up via USB-cable on Xbox.
*The round thingy on the controller = "The ring of light". Its actually a screen, which says if there are any updates on Xbox Live. Downl. content and such. It also says which controller there is in your hands, the number.
*Rallisport Challenge 3 is rumoured to be on Xbox 360. See under.
*Peter Moore confirms Halo 3. Release earliest next year, according to Nexus.

Allard says:
*There will be face plates, changeable. There will be one in colfiber (+spelling).
*By preventing piracy they will put more money and XBL, making it bigger and better.

Peter Moore says:
(strange) *THIS time we will have more than 1 million users. (Does that mean that there wont be any transfer of the Xbox 1 users? Or that there werent over 1 million on Xbox 1?)
*Nothing new about Square, nothing to be announced @ E3. But he will be surprised if there are NO Square-game on Xbox 360.

Ghost Recon 3:
Okey, first of all. THIS ONE LOOKS HOT. Hot. HOT. HOT. GR 360 oh man you guys.

Oh man.

*Just some info about the story, bla bla. The PC-version is developed by the Deathrow-developers, so that the Red Storm Ent. cant concentrate on the Xb 360 and Xbox-version.

________

More:
*Xbox 360 looks just like the leaked pictures. Its not grey like on Our Colony, its white. But it can be changed.
*The controller seems to have 2 rear buttons and 2 triggers, not sure.
*A, B, X, Y, Back, Start.
*There is a picture of THE "Burning Sky". Seems like you can shut down the Xbox via the controller, by pushing "X" in that screen.
*The Xbox itself has wireless network thingy installed. See below.
*Webcam in 1280-resolution. See below.
*You can put pictures from a digital camera in it. See below.
*Morrowind Oblivion will be released this year.
*About NBA 2k6, they saw a demo of it.
"Lebron James jumped up, and when he touched the grand all of the body shook. All the muscles moved realistic, EVERYTHING on the body."
*Nothing special about PGR3. See below.
*Dimitri, Peter Molyneux latest game, COULD be released on Xbox 360.
*Call Of Duty 2 on Xbox 360, as we already knew.
*The Ghost Recon 3-article is actually written by this TXB-dude who went to Big Blue Box to play Fable, Nexus1000.

*Something Microsoft Vision will be on Xbox 360. You will see normal TV-channels via your Xbox. AND at the same time Play DVDs AND surf on the internet. At the same time, it seems like.
While all this is on you can get invites to games, friend requests, mail. MS is hoping that 50% of the 360-owners will use Live. Right now, ~8% uses it.
*In the middle of a game, by pushing a button you will get directly to the dashboard.

Oh, and finally and most important: J Allards game of the Xbox 360 is "Fisher Price Nuclear Plant". (edit: which wasnt true, see later in the thread)

Oh, and of course: Thousand thanks to the magnificant (+spelling) danish magazine Gamereactor which I took the info from. They rock, and so does Nexus1000. Mostly because he is pretty. And he has Britney as an avatar. In black hair.

The final specs, I guess its OK now cause some of it has already been posted without TXB-guys deleting:

CPU:
3 x IBM Power PC 3.2 ghz

Graphics:
Specially build ATI 500 mhz
10 mb of embedded RAM
512 mb GDDR3 RAM

Polygon capacity:
500 mill/sec

Shade capacity:
48 billions shaderoperations/sec

Harddrive: 20 gb, can be upgraded
12x Dual Layer DVD
Memory Card, 64 mb+

3 USB-ports, 1 back 2 front
2 some kind of ports, dont know what it means

Ethernet-port
Preparded for Wi-fi 802.11
Prepared for webcamera (1280 resolution)

DVD-laser:
DVD-video, DVD-rom, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, Mp3 CD, JPEG Photo-CD

Streaming:
From Windows XP PC, pics and movies from digital camera which you then cand send via Xbox Live to others.

ALL, read ALL games support:
16:9, 720p, 1080i, 5.1 Dolby Digital, custom soundtracks.

Games:
Dimitri - Rumour
Gears of War - Confirmed, best looking title on Xbox 360 right now
PGR3 - Confirmed, release title
NBA 2k6 - Confirmed
Halo 3 - Confirmed
Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion - Confirmed for 2005 release
The Godfather - Confirmed
The Darkness (Starbreeze) - Confirmed
Call of Duty 2 - Confirmed. Much info @ E3
Rallisport Challenge 3 - Rumour
Test Drive: Unlimited - Confirmed
Kameo - Confirmed, release title
Perfect Dark Zero - Confirmed, release title

PICTURES!!!

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1387385638449262.JPG
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8390731317563729.JPG
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1488407751772606.JPG

Clip
http://media.xboxfront.com/xbox360/xbox360.wmv

EDIT: just so you guys know, the MTV unveiling of the new x-box will be on tonight at 9:30 eastern.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM
omg this got me even more hyped up, cant w8 dammit

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
WHOW nice !!!!
can't w8 but will prob. w8 untill it cost less. couldn't find in the post (didn't read it all) but what's going to be the price?? or is it still unknowm.
the standing straight is a bit ripoff of the ps2. but it is better if they keep ripping off good elementsof other console's we will then end up with 1 uber console in the end.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
299-399 approx ( for hd and non hd version)

but omg im sooo gonna buy this immediatly

Deblas
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
*dies* that is going to kick ass!!!. Look at all the great games thats coming out. halo3 *drools*. wireless controllers, not to mention smaller. changeable skins, 20gig hardrive and can be upgraded. I'm gonna buy them all.

SK
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:42 PM
im actually thinking of getting this x-box.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:19 PM
God I just saw the MTV special. I can't even begin to describe how craptacular this special was. I have always been aware of MTV's shoddy programming but this definatly takes the cake. There was little to no relevent information delivered. All we saw of the games were brief 15 second clips and most of them didn't even look that much better then the current generation. We received no vital information about the new xbox's specs or a definitve reason why it's called the Xbox 360 to begin with.

I cannot even begin to articulate my digust towards this special. Finally Perfect Dark Zero is unveiled but all we get to see is three very generic people who lebel themselves as professional gamers learning to play the game and talking about how cool it is but of course we don't get to see any gameplay footage. This is fucking bullshit, don't try and hype a game system but place no emphasis on the games themselves. I think it's really sad that resident evil 4 is much more graphically impressive and immersive then just about everything I've seen on the Xbox 360. People don't run out and buy the Xbox 360 for the next generation for it has already arrived. For 150 dollars (that's about 150-200 dollar cheapter then the Xbox 360 when it launches) you can enjoy next generation games. Just get a gamecube and RE 4 and you've got the best next gen game out there plus latter in the year you'll get zelda which still looks much more impressive then most of the xbox 360 launch games.

Unless microsoft and pull off one hell of an E3 and make up for this bullshit unveiling I really hope nintendo takes them down with what ever revolution there planning for the revolution. Hell at this point I want sony to hand microsofts ass them (and I really really hate sony) just so all of this bullshit marketing can be taken down a notch.

Mut
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM
The controller is still 3 sizes too big. Maybe they have giants to test out xbox controllers.

Deblas
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I never really cared much about the size. It has always been big, especially now since its wireless and doesn't have a choice. But it really doesn't affect our gameplay. For me at least.

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:10 AM
The footage of PDX and screenshots on IGN are extremely, uh, ugly for a game that's been in development for over half a decade.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:18 AM
I'm just wondering did any of you see the MTV special? If so what did you think of it?

SK
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:44 AM
i watched about 5 minutes then i said, this is gay.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:02 AM
xbox360 official website (https://www.xbox360.com)

edit:
doa4 (http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/5/12-48)
test drive unlimited (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747892/imgs_1.html)
everything else you want to know(gr3, kameo, gears of war, nba2k6) ( ign) (http://xbox360.ign.com)

do you even know how many damn times i had to edit this post, to make the links work i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

edit:
perfect dark zero (http://xboxyde.com/news_1506_fr.html)

Assertn
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:25 PM
wow....not too shabby....
if i didnt already turn an older xbox into an entertainment center, i'd say this would be a very nice alternative

everything looks great for hardware, still skeptical about the game selection though

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 02:44 PM
check my edited post

edit:

GAMEPLAY movies
gameplay (http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1494_en.html)

screenies:
screens (http://www.xboxyde.com/index_en.html)

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
sry for making this a double post, but i had to:

W0000000000000000000000000000T!!!

"What are the extra features, like streaming music & movies on a wireless network to your xbox? What will xbox live be like?
they only showed us the basic model. they then showed video of the 360 hd edition. how ever i did pick up on one thing the guy givin us a speech had said, the xbox 360 can play xbox 1 games at a higher resolution. i believe he said 720 standard for older games played through the 360. but it was not quiet in that place. ever. even when the moments of revealing something new came, everyone just kept playing games, and talking about how they cant believe they are playing a game that looks like this."

"can it support xbox controllers
it has one controller port in back for older controllers. but just one."

"Is the processor more or less than 4 Ghz
the processors are not 4 ghz. none ever add up to it either. each one instead runs a differnt part of the system at 3ghz. but ill tell you this. no load times. ever. and the few developers who spoke, said the set-up is perfect for games. they never mentioned cell, but they said the 360 has all the power the nex-gen needs. and more! speecifically the japanese developers. they think the 360 has more power than they felt the nex-gen would. that got me really exited.

*emphasis on NO LOAD TIME*

"Does it support backwards capabilty?
yes!"

*OMG WOOOOOTT!!!*

"Backward Compatible or not?
That's probably the hottest question left unanswered so far by Microsoft.
As recently as last week, a Microsoft executive said Microsoft hadn't yet determined whether the new Xbox 360 would be backward compatible. They cite a host of technical issues as reason because the console is moving from a Intel x86 based CPU to an IBM PowerPC and from an Nvidia GPU to one made by ATI. Analysts say it may come down to whether Microsoft is able to license patented technology from the cpu/gpu vendors of the original Xbox or find a way to emulate Xbox1 games without having to pay license fees.
The images shown on the new Xbox Live demos where they use images of Halo 2 and Crimson Skies and the fact that people are playing Xbox1 games on the Xbox360 on the ourcolony.net video gives some credence to the theory of Microsoft supporting backward compatibility. It atleast suggests that the test units are backward compatible"

yes you read it right, and now rejoice..........

also watch this , a vid by thecolony
cool vid (http://msxb.vo.llnwd.net/o2/ourcolony/TheColony_v2_750k.zip)

Archangel
Thu, 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
omg this got me even more hyped up, cant w8 dammit

299-399 approx ( for hd and non hd version)

but omg im sooo gonna buy this immediatly

Haha, what the fuck?

I'm just necroing this because i finished Kameo and enjoyed it, good game especially for a launch title

IFHTT
Thu, 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
First and foremost, http://jam-it.in/images/slowpoke.jpg

Secondly, this couldn't have been posted in 'Game you're currently playing' thread why?

Archangel
Thu, 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh, there's one of those? I need to lurk around the general section more