PDA

View Full Version : Handheld Gaming

Psyke
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Planning to get a PSP when I save up enough money and after clearing my card bills. However the only games I've really interest in are Metal Gear Ac!d and Ridge Racers. Read some reviews on the net and seems like it's a good buy although there are a few short comings such as the easily scratch screen, shaky analogue stick, etc.

DS seems innovative but I'm still quite skeptical about using a touch screen to play games. And I'm still wondering whether Nintendo will release another version of the GameBoy after the DS is stable.

SK
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:35 AM
psp, its a much more capable machine then the ds. plus im not sure if you are a nintendo fan or not, but nintendo just releases the same games over and over, they dont have many other developers for their consoles.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:54 AM
i'm not going to buy 1 they are just way 2 expensive..

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Right now DS is whole lot of wasted potential, that could change after this E3 but right now no one really knows what they hell there supposed to do with two screens. I've said it once and I'll say it again all nintendo has to do is release a pokemon MMORPG and it's over. I also think that the system has the potential to deliver some really killer RTS games but only time will telll if any of the DS's potential is ever fufilled.

Assertn
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:25 AM
nintendo does like to release future versions of previously successful games, but they are NOT the same games over and over
besides, how can nintendo possibly have a game that feels the same in DS as any previous release does when the control scheme is forced to be completely different?

As of right now, i still wouldnt buy either

SK
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM
youre the biggest nintendo fanboy ever assertn.

Itachi_y2k5
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I like the DS its way more cheaper then the PSP and you can buy all the games that are on the PSP with a PS2, i also like the way you can play DS games and GBA games and the touch screen rocks

Deblas
Thu, 05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm actually looking at the psp's features as well. You can watch movies, hear music and of course play games. So I think I'll buy the psp, but when its cheaper. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
i was thinkin both, but xbox360 is november/december, then i guess its only gonna be psp ( for DMC)

TwisT
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:56 AM
I would like to have a PSP.. But since it's not free, i wont get it.. At least not untill it's like 70-100$ (if that will ever happen)..

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Looking at both of them now they're out (well...PSP isn't out in England but I know someone who has one) I'd probably choose the PSP...when the price goes down (Once again we get pissed on for prices compared to anywhere else...). I heard theres gonna be some high space memory cards that will be available...if the price came down on those it'd be cool to put movie files on it, anime episodes or whatever....wouldn't be interested in buying UMD movies for it though...

Assertn
Fri, 05-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
youre the biggest nintendo fanboy ever assertn.

only because their games are the most fun to play i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Itachi_y2k5
Fri, 05-13-2005, 09:42 AM
@Swallow Your Soul - I thought it was Oo' hm...

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:07 PM
^ You mean you thought the PSP was released in Europe? Nah it got delayed...they didn't have enough machines to satisfy the demand in America, so since we're 3rd in line they put the European date back so they could concentrate on America...fair enough given the circumstances but its annoying cos we're gonna be getting it full price (at the low low price of the equivalent of $330 USD) around Autumn, which means even longer till they put the price down...

Itachi_y2k5
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:26 AM
does the PSP have to be chipped if u wanna play other games then PAL ? if it does'nt you could always import it

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:29 PM
No, thankfully it is region free. Yeah I'm gonna try and get a foreign one when I have the money...

Masamune
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Planning to get a PSP when I save up enough money and after clearing my card bills. However the only games I've really interest in are Metal Gear Ac!d and Ridge Racers. Read some reviews on the net and seems like it's a good buy although there are a few short comings such as the easily scratch screen, shaky analogue stick, etc.

DS seems innovative but I'm still quite skeptical about using a touch screen to play games. And I'm still wondering whether Nintendo will release another version of the GameBoy after the DS is stable.

nintendo will release a new gb
(as technical the ds isnt a gameboy, it was just released to counter the psp for the moment)

Project evolution, ( the new gameboy project ) is still ongoing, which means the new gb is still on its way.

(if any of you nutcracks tells me project evolution is the gamecube project go check your resources, thats the Revolution project)