PDA

View Full Version : Episode 134 Discussion!!!

Jaredster
Wed, 05-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Naruto 134 is out by Dattebayo. Look in the release info thread.

Discuss!!!

EDIT:

Nice episode. Very akira-esque. I am glad the whole arc is coming to a end.

Mut
Wed, 05-11-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll discuss this in... 36 min when my direct dl finishes and I watch it.

EDIT:

It had some homoerotic moments. Whatever. And it's about time Naruto freaking lost. Faggot.

Also... omg! New Akatsuki member!

Illianna
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:53 PM
hi...i just joined

um anyway...wow i know it was about time helost and all...but he made the nice guy pose when he made that promise to bring sasuke back...he can't break the promise!...oh well...good riddens. Sasuke was ajerk anyway, though had he grown batwings instead of handshe might have looked pretty cool

yapchagi
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by: Illianna
hi...i just joined

um anyway...wow i know it was about time helost and all...but he made the nice guy pose when he made that promise to bring sasuke back...he can't break the promise!...oh well...good riddens. Sasuke was ajerk anyway, though had he grown batwings instead of handshe might have looked pretty cool

Are u a female?

Don't ask about peoples' genders in an episode discussion. It is rude and very pathetic. If you are THAT interested, then send a PM.

GotWoot Moderator

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Is anyone else disappointed about the blue Kyuubi-Rasengan?
I was expecting a deeper red...

CrackerJason23
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:43 AM
I liked it. LOL @ fly-trap guy. Akatsuki has a fish-man, a plant-man, I wonder what's next.

Crazy designs on that giant black ball when the chidori and the rasengan collided. I thought this was a very artsy episode... Sasuke's seal is called the "Heaven" seal, maybe that's why he grew hand-wing-things...

I can't wait to see everyone back at the hospital again, maybe we'll find out whether Chouji died?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Pretty good episode I guess. Though, after the last episode it felt anticlimactic. I was expecting more than a one-move joust.

Sasuke definatly looked less lame in this episode. I mean, still pretty crappy, but much less so. The hand-wings were a surprise.

I can't believe Naruto lost, I was so expecting a double K.O. there. And Naruto didn't even get through the forehead protector, what are those things made out of? Adamantium??

I think its wierd though people acting like Naruto never lost a fight before, granted, so far its only been against Sannin, but still.

Still, the visual spectacle was very cool. The Black and White Chidori was brutal, and yeah, I was expecting the Rasengan to be red, I mean, where was he getting the blue chakra from at a time like that?

And now, Atatsuke is back in the picture! Kickass!

Y
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Gayest moment in Naruto. They might as well have kissed.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:05 AM
They already did that, and its apparently a big deal because they've flashbacked to it like 8 times already.

Y
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:06 AM
This was just revealing that it wasn't an accident.

Illianna
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by: yapchagi

hi...i just joined

Are u a female?

*blinks a few times* Well...my name is Illianna...and I'm using a girl for my icon...So far all clues are pointing to yes...I could go check if you like

anyway...Do the seals they receive affect the second level forms? Anyway, the black lightning chidori was a pretty cool looking effect but when they formed that sphere i couldn't help but be reminded of demi from the final fantasy games

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:48 AM
I still hated Sasuke's look, especially when you combined his lipstick with wings that had opposable thumbs....

Other than that I thought it was a pretty satisfying close to the arc though. At least Sasuke *finally* got a clue that Naruto isn't a dumbass....now he just thinks he's slightly sub-par instead of bottom-feeding-garbage.

(Side Note) When their attacks collided and it did the little commercial break rewind I for a second thought their attacks had created a time loop or something and was all psyched out.

Edit: oh ya, and I totally agree about the whole homo-erotic thing, I wasn't diggin that,

an0nym0u5
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:13 AM
Why did Naruto only scratch Sasuke's forehead protector and not give Sasuke a blow to the body? I know that Sasuke said Naruto wouldn't be able to lay a scratch on his forehead, but did Naruto just scratch Sasuke's forehead protector just to prove a point (prove to Sasuke that he could "lay a scratch on his forehead", or was the scratch on Sasuke's forehead protector the most damage Naruto could inflict? I feel (or want to believe, at least) Naruto intentionally DID NOT give a direct blow to Sasuke, and merely scratched Sasuke's forehead protector just to prove him wrong.

Jaredster
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by: an0nym0u5
Why did Naruto only scratch Sasuke's forehead protector and not give Sasuke a blow to the body? I know that Sasuke said Naruto wouldn't be able to lay a scratch on his forehead, but did Naruto just scratch Sasuke's forehead protector just to prove a point (prove to Sasuke that he could "lay a scratch on his forehead", or was the scratch on Sasuke's forehead protector the most damage Naruto could inflict?

I think it was more symbolism than logic.

Illianna
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Why did Naruto only scratch Sasuke's forehead protector and not give Sasuke a blow to the body? I know that Sasuke said Naruto wouldn't be able to lay a scratch on his forehead, but did Naruto just scratch Sasuke's forehead protector just to prove a point (prove to Sasuke that he could "lay a scratch on his forehead", or was the scratch on Sasuke's forehead protector the most damage Naruto could inflict? I feel (or want to believe, at least) Naruto intentionally DID NOT give a direct blow to Sasuke, and merely scratched Sasuke's forehead protector just to prove him wrong.

i think it was more symbolic to the fact that when a ninja leaves or is exiled from their village, they put that scratch through the villages symbol on the forehead protector.

Fuzzlepop
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:42 AM
i think it was more symbolic to the fact that when a ninja leaves or is exiled from their village, they put that scratch through the villages symbol on the forehead protector.

Normally I would agree but that is really only the symbol when [said ninja]s still have their protectors with them, since Sasuke totally ditched his I think *that* was the symbol of his exile, and the scratch was just Naruto proving that he could, in fact, scratch Sasuke's forehead.

Of course Sasuke could get the protector back later on and then that would make sense but I will hit that hurdle if/when it happens

EDIT: [so I don't post twice in like 2 seconds but in response to the post below mine] The middle of your post kind of confused me but in conclusion: "Yes I think that Naruto intentionlly *limited* his damage to simply scratching the forehead protector in order to prove Sasuke wrong" although I guess not really limited since he had to use full-blown Kyuubi-Rasengan to get to that point but I do think it was intentional.

And I also think that Illiana meant that it was sybmbolic in both ways, just in one way more than the other (which I argue with above)

an0nym0u5
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:44 AM

So do you think the scratch that Naruto made on Sasuke's forehead protector was the most damage he could inflict, and that Naruto DID NOT intentionally scratch Sasuke's forehead protector? It's just hard for me to accept that since when we saw the Chidori/Rasengan vs. the two water tanks, the Rasengan definitely OWNED damage-wise, and the fact that in Ep. 133 Sasuke said "You won't even be able to put a signle scratch on my forehead. That fact will not change." Does it sound too far-fetched or illogical that Naruto intentionally scratched Sasuke's forehead protector to prove Sasuke wrong?

Y
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:49 AM

So do you think the scratch that Naruto made on Sasuke's forehead protector was the most damage he could inflict, and that Naruto DID NOT intentionally scratch Sasuke's forehead protector? It's just hard for me to accept that since when we saw the Chidori/Rasengan vs. the two water tanks, the Rasengan definitely OWNED damage-wise, and the fact that in Ep. 133 Sasuke said "You won't even be able to put a signle scratch on my forehead. That fact will not change." Does it sound too far-fetched or illogical that Naruto intentionally scratched Sasuke's forehead protector to prove Sasuke wrong?

You just repeated what she said in a way that shows you didn't understand that her post and your post argue the same thing.

Illianna
Thu, 05-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Honestly I'm not even sure he scratched it intentionally. I just rewatched the scene and it looked like a wild swing...but who knows. I wasn't too clear with my post. What i meant to get across was the fact that the scratch had been put through it was the symbolism of him leaving. If it turns out that Naruto actually did that on purpose, then I'm almost certain that it was to prove he could prove sasuke wrong in his earlier claims

Krbadass
Thu, 05-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Good ep besides the gayness of the time wasting.

Jessper
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Wow, and I thought Sasuke was gay before, the 2 retarded hands really did it in for him, even more so when they helped him fly... or something. I hope we never see his seal level 2 again lol.

Wtf happened when they hit each other? Sasuke had a little of the chidori energy thing go off just before he hit Naruto in the chest though it didn't seem like it should have been enough for a KO...

I am dissapointed in how this fight ended, just a quick punch to the stomach and down Naruto goes. *sigh* oh well.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:52 AM
nice episode.. WTF are u talking about??? DAMN ITS JUST A FUCKING SCRATCH...
the good part was when sasuke said: i will surpass you in my own way!

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Good stuff. New akatsuki member has a fitting voice.

Oh and, OMG SHIT TWO MALE CLOSE FRIENDS LOOKING INTO EACH OTHERS' EYES THAT'S SO GAY OFLFLFLFLFROFLFL SHITTY

GOD FORBID THAT THEY CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER!!!!!

You are all so goddamn immature sometimes.

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:00 AM
http://www.fuziondesigns.net/fags.jpg

What can i say... Before reading the forum, when i first saw this, i actually thought they would kiss, then sasuke would try kill him...

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:04 AM
In other words, if your face is not on an enormous distance from your male friend, you're likely to kiss him?
Sounds kinda like something a yaoi fangirl would come up with.

I hate yaoi fangirls.

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:06 AM
Loook at the expression on his face, it reads "Oh Naruto, i love youuuuuuuuu"

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:17 AM
And you don't love your friends?

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:24 AM
http://www.laddertheory.com/ladderconstruction.htm

PSJ
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
if that is what you see you seriously cant read facial expressions.

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah i guess, and neither can anyone else who thought the same and have mentioned it to me on msn and aim a few minutes before i visited the forums.

Who cares if im right or wrong.

jing
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:02 AM
um, naruto scractched his head protector on purpose. you can see this because sasuke hesitated and closed his stab into a fist and punch him lightly. naruto confused, and felt the same way and scratch his head.

weakest anbu
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by: jing
um, naruto scractched his head protector on purpose. you can see this because sasuke hesitated and closed his stab into a fist and punch him lightly. naruto confused, and felt the same way and scratch his head.

bingo! i thought the anime team did a great job of portraying that event.

PSJ
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by: Natural Cause
Yeah i guess, and neither can anyone else who thought the same and have mentioned it to me on msn and aim a few minutes before i visited the forums.

Who cares if im right or wrong.

seems you and all your friends confuse "looking confused" with "in love expression"

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:21 AM
btw the rasengan was purple-ish not blue

JusDaMan
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:46 AM
a quote from sasuke "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH THIS FORHEAD"

in episode 134 Naruto SCRARCHED HIS FORHEAD....

AfroMain
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Oh man so I wasn't the only one that thought some sort of time portal was opened when the attacks collided and the big black ball thing formed. That would have been sweet if that had happened, and they were had been catapulted into an alternate universe where its OK for men to hold hands and "accidentally" kiss (the HOMOVERSE if you will) and they lived happily ever after. The End

Oh and I thought those wing hand things sucked.

eskimå
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Didn't thought that Naruto should lost, he should have realesed hes demonfox inside him and let him smash Sasuke down in piecesi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif...

AfroMain
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:12 AM
But Naruto didn't really want to win did he? I mean, if he had hit sasuke with that rasengan, it probably would have killed him, wouldn't it (didn't it like break his arm and make him spit blood just by blocking it). I didn't even think of the whole challenge by sasuke to put a scratch on his forehead protector when I saw that though, I just thought "OH SHIT NOW HIS SHIT IS JUST LIKE THE AKATSUKI HEADBAND OMFG!!11." Because thats how I think

Assassin
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:46 AM
another nice ep. a bit anti-climatic....or rather teh previous ep was too climatic for it to have been the second last one.

this would have worked nice as a longer 1 hr episode.

a few things:

-the black chidori was badass....the evil-frog hands were not.
-kyuubi may be superpowerful, but it can't pull of a sexy resengan.
-that black sphere with the pattern on it was kinda wierd. a little to techno-ish for naruto
- not as homoerotic as some ppl make it out to be, but that 2-finger "pact" thing would've worked better as a handshake.

the best part imo was te itachi flashback at the end, and sasuke saying "i'll gain power in my own way". but does this mean hes not going to oro anymore? or was that just to say that he wont try to get the mangekyo sharingan?

best part of this ep:
http://img140.echo.cx/img140/3223/damn9of.jpg

voonvoon
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
hmmm..... after listening to u guys talk,i wonder if where sasuke go.anyway i download very long leh.WHY TELL MI WHY!!!!

woofcat
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
I liked the ep. Near the end when Sasuke did the whole fish bowl view when he was shocked and walking alone. I expected Itatchi to be there. I am glad they did not drag it out another 2 months like the 3rd's fight. I am disapointed with the lack of showing how the Sharingan work. Thats about it.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:02 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Assassin

the best part imo was te itachi flashback at the end, and sasuke saying "i'll gain power in my own way". but does this mean hes not going to oro anymore? or was that just to say that he wont try to get the mangekyo sharingan?

i think he meant to gain the mangekyo without sacrificing his friend.

Noir
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Great ending. Shows that Naruto is powerful and has come a long way, but also shows that even the main character can't win every time (kind of refreshing). I'm not sure what the whining is about Sasuke's look. Naruto has a glowing fox outline. I know the Kyubi is bad mofo but honest to god a fox in real life scares no-one and looks silly. Sasuke looked more like a bat... which I agree the lipstick is awkward... but other than that. To sum it up both of them look cool but can both me made fun of.

Plus with this mission out of the way it means new story time! Atsuki back? This might be fun!

Assertn
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM
i dont think naruto TRIED to hit sasuke's forehead protector.....it looked more like he got jabbed, and then just kinda swung blindly before losing consciousness
it was just a symbolic coincidence that he hit the forehead protector.

oh, and i was wondering if anyone would notice or not, but just before sasuke pulls off the chidori, he changes his hand from a jab form to a closed fist form
otherwise he probably would have pierced straight through naruto's body again

eat_toast
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
right, sasuke hesitates and turns the stab into a punch so it wouldnt kill naruto, probably he already made up his mind about not getting mangekyou the way itachi did. other than that the hand-wings were kinda silly looking, but the venus flytrap guy looks pretty cool.

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
well i'm new here but i'm throwing in my 2 cents anyhow.

Forehead protector scratch: Either Naruto was hoping to knock him unconscious (rather than risk killing him w/ Rasengan to the body, you saw what it did to that water tower) and lost consciousness mid-strike, or he was trying to prove a point, somewhat realizing he wasn't going to win anyhow. Either way, Naruto only lost this fight because he didn't want to hurt Sasuke in the way that Sasuke did want to (at least initially) kill Naruto

That hanging in space moment before the attack: Sorta awkward no? How many lunging strikes give you a nice moment to look your enemy in the eye, reflect on your past with them, realize you might not want to kill him and then give you enough time to change the intensity/lethality of the blow? At least it shows Sasuke is no where near Itachi as far as coldness goes, probably because Naruto is so much like him that he's more than an obstacle. I think he intends to let Naruto live as a "gauge" to measure his growing power with.

The yaoish stare: Come on people. Get your minds out of the gutter. While Sasuke has never shown any interest in any female character on the show ever, it would be ludicrous to suggest he's got the hots for Naruto. For me it was just a realization that he is unable to kill his best friend, later manifesting in the realization that he isn't like his brother. And he was probably dead tired from using Seal Lvl2 and Chidori, plus all those fireballs and unlocking 3 Sharingan... He may also have been making sure that Naruto was alive, or trying to convey something to him (although, if i'm totally wrong and Sasuke thinks he's dead it'll be a shocker later on. Shoulda just slit the guy's throat if you wanted him dead 100%)

Orochimaru and Sasuke: don't be surprised to see this turn out very much like whatever happened with Itachi and Orochimaru, although I think Sasuke is already more accepting of Orochimaru's advances and intentions. What will Kabuto do? (i love that guy, needs more screentime)

Does anyone else find themselves getting upset at the CLIMACTIC FINISH TO BATTLE WITH HUGE POWER GAINING AND 'Ohmygodhispowerlevelissomuchhighernow!!! Where'd this strength come from!?!?!" Especially the MY VISUALIZED ENERGY ATTACK MEETS YOURS, hangs there for eternity, and takes 2 minutes to explode/ destroy the landscape all around it.... then the victor is just standing there! wasn't there a show that was like this all the time? wasn't it DBZ!?!

honestly, Naruto is about ninjas, ninjas not super saiyans and higher Sharingan levels and bigger Seal Levels and Gohan (i mean Naruto's) hidden power that he unlocks when he's pissed. strategy, different techniques, using the terrain, stealth, deception are the elements, not MYFIREBALLISBETTORZZZ!!! For a climactic battle like this to end on just who can charge up the biggest energyball is a great disappointment and a step in the wrong direction.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
^^ agree with the stare thingie and the scratch was prolly both, he didnt want to hurt sasuke but also prove a point to him

i myself was hoping for the kyuubi rasengan from the ps2 game narutimate hero2, cause its really big and red and powerfull ( its about as big as naruto himself i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif) but instead we get the purpleish rasengan with kyuubi energie covering it ......meh

Illianna
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Does anyone else find themselves getting upset at the CLIMACTIC FINISH TO BATTLE WITH HUGE POWER GAINING AND 'Ohmygodhispowerlevelissomuchhighernow!!! Where'd this strength come from!?!?!" Especially the MY VISUALIZED ENERGY ATTACK MEETS YOURS, hangs there for eternity, and takes 2 minutes to explode/ destroy the landscape all around it.... then the victor is just standing there! wasn't there a show that was like this all the time? wasn't it DBZ!?!

Had it been any other fight I would agree with you. This is a show about ninja's and they are supposed to be stealthy and clever rather than simply overpowering their enemy with a huge energy attack. But since it was Naruto and Sasuke...I don't know. It just seems like both of them using every last bit of chakra they could muster seemed more fitting with how competitive they've been the whole time

tangsihan
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:27 PM
i got 2 questions, one is about the fighting, why everytime when sasuke and naruto fight, they hit chidori and rasengan together, not to the body...
another is y dont naruto just summon the frog to fight sasuke?...easy job...one blow can finish sasuke i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Please change your avatar. Animated avatars are not allowed. Read the rules (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14660&enterthrea d=y) before posting.

GotWoot Moderator

woofcat
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Becuse that would be not climatic at all. Its just like Cops why dont they just shoot them when they run. Its pointless. How about on the next mistery movie you watch the guy just admits o it in the first 5 minutes.

Illianna
Thu, 05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
i'm fairly certain that he can't really summon anything but the frog boss or that little frog...and summoning the frog boss to take someone home or settle a rivalry is a little bit of overkill. He wanted to keep him alive evertime they fought afterall...

KaneDragon
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
The black sphere was a big letdown. When that awkward sphere appeared, and Kakashi was all like "That chakra!" and lines appeared all over it, I was thinking that the demon fox would be released in some way. Not a very pretty scene.

The new guy is just bizarre. I don't know about him...

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
then read the manga i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, well i can tell you this.....................hes AKATSUKI ..........oh noooooess spoiler..........

Jessper
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
^^^^^^

Hey darkshadow, no one cares. Bug off and crawl back to your manga section, thanks.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:07 PM
..........i DONT read the manga, it was ALL sarcam, damn......sry to give you the wrong idea or something

GLS
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Great episode!

Seeing the new Akatsuki member in the anime was really cool. As Terra said earlier, it's a fitting voice for him.

Serial_Samurai
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
then read the manga , well i can tell you this.....................hes AKATSUKI ..........oh noooooess spoiler..........

Im assuming you were being facetious... but isn't his robe a glaring clue that hes in Akatsuki. As it is the same garb that Itachi and his buddy (forget his name, guy with the weird chakra eating sword) wears.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I had complained about it earlier, but I do think that a nice explosive battle like this one is very fitting for the scenario.

Good Episode I think...
'cept for the fuckin' purple rasengan...

kooshi
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, a purple Rasengan is quite logical. Red chakra mixed with blue chakra would make purple chakra. It looks weird, but it would be biased (in a way) since Naruto still has some control of his actions.

Zinobi
Thu, 05-12-2005, 06:09 PM
good ep but i hated the hand wing thingys and the gay stare down in the seclusion of the big black sphere (NASTY) and the guy with the chakra eating sword is kisame i think??

Aeon
Thu, 05-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Finally it's proven that Chidori>Resengan. The ep in general was great and the new Akatsuki Venus Fly Trap guy looks weird, wonder how long he's been spying on Naruto.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
Well, a purple Rasengan is quite logical. Red chakra mixed with blue chakra would make purple chakra. It looks weird, but it would be biased (in a way) since Naruto still has some control of his actions.

If Naruto had an OUNCE of blue (normal) chakra in him, then why is it that he has Red Kyuubi chakra pouring out of every chakra opening? He's got control of his actions, but that has nothing to do with the chakra he uses. Especially now that he's become even more taken over by the nine tails, it doesn't make any sense that he would use blue chakra...

t Mrx8st
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:08 PM
I thought this episdoes graphics were crappier than the last episode.

The fight between Sasuke and Naruto was ok, it wasn't that great.

Y
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Finally it's proven that Chidori>Resengan. .

No, it isn't.

jing
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Finally it's proven that Chidori>Resengan. The ep in general was great and the new Akatsuki Venus Fly Trap guy looks weird, wonder how long he's been spying on Naruto.

I thought it was who's rigged powers were better.

Kovash
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:48 PM

Acctually, what it proved, was that the Chidori and Rasengan are the exact same techniqe, employed in a different fashion. They both concentrate Chakra in their hand, but where Sasuke stabs, Naruto spins. It's safe to assume that neither attack acctually got thorugh, and that both were nullified - hence the giant black sphere - and that those two attacks we saw were exactly that, a punch to the gut, and a claw across the forehead.

I'd be willing to bet that the hesetation on Sasuke's face is because both were Nullified, his jab would no practically nothing, so he punches instead. Naruto's claw would have been deliberate, I doubt he would have aimed for Sasuke's head with the intent to tear it off, only being stopped because he got hit.

I've enjoyed the last two episodes, and while it was the Tactics that got me into the series (the Zabuza arc is still my favorite) this fight was not without. Naruto did a bit of tricking (using his clones from under the water to distract Sasuke while he grabbed hold of him from beneath - hiding his chakra hand in the ground so Sasuke couldn't react quickly) but this was not a Ninja battle, it was a brutal, ferocious beat-down between two friends who are angry at each other, plus Sasuke was so damn cocky he wouldn't have thought of the need to use tactics.

dizkidhuy
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:58 PM
at the ending was that itachi or was it another uchiha survivor itachi doesnt know about? if it was he looks dumb and i have another question... how do u skreenshot on windows media player? sry to ask on a naruto discussion

Y
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Uh, it's an Akatsuki member.

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by: Kovash

Acctually, what it proved, was that the Chidori and Rasengan are the exact same techniqe, employed in a different fashion. They both concentrate Chakra in their hand, but where Sasuke stabs, Naruto spins. It's safe to assume that neither attack acctually got thorugh, and that both were nullified - hence the giant black sphere - and that those two attacks we saw were exactly that, a punch to the gut, and a claw across the forehead.

I'd be willing to bet that the hesetation on Sasuke's face is because both were Nullified, his jab would no practically nothing, so he punches instead. Naruto's claw would have been deliberate, I doubt he would have aimed for Sasuke's head with the intent to tear it off, only being stopped because he got hit.

I've enjoyed the last two episodes, and while it was the Tactics that got me into the series (the Zabuza arc is still my favorite) this fight was not without. Naruto did a bit of tricking (using his clones from under the water to distract Sasuke while he grabbed hold of him from beneath - hiding his chakra hand in the ground so Sasuke couldn't react quickly) but this was not a Ninja battle, it was a brutal, ferocious beat-down between two friends who are angry at each other, plus Sasuke was so damn cocky he wouldn't have thought of the need to use tactics.

Oh i like this post. Its prob the best post in this thread so far.

The main issue i had with the episode was when sasuke had the flash back when the guy told him that he couldn't stay in level 2 for very long. But the other 4 who were in level 2 were in it for ages and never had the same effect that sasuke had... It didn't make sense to me. That and the wings were uttly gay, if anything i expected sasuke to be really fast in level 2, not be able to fly. It seems like naruto is a fox so its only logical to make sasuke into some kinda animal :S

kooshi
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:18 PM

The main issue i had with the episode was when sasuke had the flash back when the guy told him that he couldn't stay in level 2 for very long. But the other 4 who were in level 2 were in it for ages and never had the same effect that sasuke had... It didn't make sense to me. That and the wings were uttly gay, if anything i expected sasuke to be really fast in level 2, not be able to fly. It seems like naruto is a fox so its only logical to make sasuke into some kinda animal :S

Maybe Sasuke needs to have time to get used to it? It seemed that the 5 Sound guys had the curse seal for a long time, so their bodies would have some time to get used to the lvl2 seal and extend the period of time to use it. Sasuke just got it, so it might take him a while to adjust. I can't say this for certain since this is just an assumption of mine.

Rek
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:18 PM
I want to see how everyone takes to sasuke leaving the village. I mean, remember the Chuunin Exams? MOST of the people came to see him, the last uchiha. when the diplomats catch wind that he has left, what are they gonna do? Then when/if its advertised that he's a sound ninja (lets not mention LEADER) then business will be booming. And if they catch wind that he's really orochimaru, then Milton Bradley is gonna be making a ninja version of Monopoly

Natural Cause
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:25 PM
He wont be oro tho, Oro took that guys body from the prison, and it was said he can only do it once every 2 or 3 years or something.

Oh well, time to quit naruto for about 4 weeks cos we are gonna be stuck with filler, flash backs, with a few episodes of pitty, healing, talking, and other crap untill the next arc starts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:40 PM
no we are actually gonna get something cool.........

Y
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:47 PM

Oh well, time to quit naruto for about 4 weeks cos we are gonna be stuck with filler, flash backs, with a few episodes of pitty, healing, talking, and other crap

Oh god, not talking.

Naruto fans are fucking faggots.

basey44
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:56 PM
oh no not talking, how can the plot develop with talking

Kovash
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh i like this post. Its prob the best post in this thread so far.

Well thanks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Yakon says, "If you hold the released form for too long, the curse seal will gradually erode your body. When tha happens, you'll lose yourself... forever. "

Coupled with comments from the other Sound Ninjas, that the curse seal has dominated their will, I think Yakon is telling him that if he holds it too long, the seal will take over and he'll be lost to Orochimaru's will forever.

It makes sense, considering the only times he gets hurt by the seal, is when he resists it.

I suppose the new question is, what happened between the first and Second Hokage? (they ARE the two people depicted by the statues, right?)

Mae
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I think they over did it a bit with the dramatics in this ep (rain/sunshine symbolism, Naruto taking a swing at Sasuke and missing but symbolically scratching his forehead protector, huge chakra ball explosion), but overall ok. Since this is likely the last fight in the arc I think they wanted to make it really spectacular, so I hope that future battles will be more like the earlier fights.

Sasuke's wing things were a little silly, but somehow I think they actually made him look a little better, kinda like an evil gargoyle. As for the people that see the Naruto/Sasuke scenes as shounen-ai, I've got to disagree. I've seen plenty of shows that intentionally go for that to appeal to female fans, but I really didn't get that impression from this ep at all. More that Sasuke did actually care about his friend, and although he was desparate for power he would not go that far. Didn't even really think of it until I read it here.

I liked that Sasuke chose for himself not to follow the path his brother set for him instead of being forced to abandon it by others, but I guess he's off to Oro after all. It will be interesting to see how they get along. Oro just lost four powerful ninjas that worshiped the ground he walked on, and all he's got in return is one moody brat who won't listen to anyone or anything but his own desire for vengence.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Sasuke's new "appendages" are totally gay. Are they wings or are they mutated fish fins? Nobody knows...

And to whoever asked why Naruto used the regular chakra for rasengan: rasengan requires tremendous chakra control, and since the kyuubi chakra was in berserk mode, he couldn't really control that. It's one thing to have something, and another to be able to use it.

And no, chidori and rasengan are NOT the same technique. Chidori is a ninjutsu with hand seals, while rasengan is just chakra manipulation. It was still a stale mate at the end, and Naruto only went unconscious because he stayed in kyuubi mode for too long, not because he got hit with chidori.

basey44
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:39 PM
anyone else notice naruto made that rasengan with one hand i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Sasuke's wings...
I guess having a special curse seal like the Heaven or Earth seal allows the user to gro w an extra appendage in lvl 2 0.o?

First we had Kimisaurus and now Batsuke.

I don't think Oro really cares about anyone, even the sound 5. I'm guessing he won't really care that they're all dead. He's just happy he's got his new container. But because it takes 2 or 3 years before he can use him, I guess we're all gonna have to wait for that to happen. Or sasuke will decide to leave, or something.

Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
And to whoever asked why Naruto used the regular chakra for rasengan: rasengan requires tremendous chakra control, and since the kyuubi chakra was in berserk mode, he couldn't really control that. It's one thing to have something, and another to be able to use it.

Wasn't that Naruto who was controlling the red chakra last episode when he made that hand attack sasuke repeatedly?

Kovash
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:13 PM
You need to remember that Naruto wasn't directly controlling the chakra of the Kyuubi, otherwise Sasuke's Sharingan could have percieved his motions.

It is likely that Naruto knew what he wanted to do, and the Kyuubi just did it, he IS a Younma, after all, you don't become a superpowerful demon-god without enourmous Chakra and perfect chakra control - I suppose that would also explain why Naruto managed to do the Rasengan with one hand, the Kyuubi would have helped him.

This is all speculation, however - I just like making sense of what I see, rather than just saying "The anime is stupid and the writers have no idea waht they are doing."

jeffreysuk
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:28 PM
i was also hoping a different rasengan. i mean the cidori became black, but the rasengan stayed the same. or was it purple? o.O

pakman
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
anyone else notice naruto made that rasengan with one hand

yea i also noticed that too. wonder how he was able to do that?

Jaredster
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:55 PM
maybe because of the sheer amount of chakra that he had going through him that let him do it.

Mut
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Kyubi did it. Naruto sucks, he can't possibly do anything without the help of the Kyubi.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Mabye he did the Rasengan with one hand because of his lack of chakra control while berserk...

And IF kyuubi helped him, why wasn't it red??

Deblas
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:16 PM
But Isn't it the same for Sasuke, who can't predict Naruto's movement without his sharingan. Or any other special bloodline out there. Naruto's kyubii its just the same as an advanced bloodline cept he is the only one who has it and not some clan.

Jaredster
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Kyubi did it. Naruto sucks, he can't possibly do anything without the help of the Kyubi.

Like defeat Neji, and Haku, and Gaara, and many more that were a lot better than him...

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM
There's a scene in the trailer for the 2nd movie where Naruto uses an orangey/red rasengan.

I know it's from a movie so it might not count...but it still makes more sense to me for the Kyuubi-Rasengan to be red.

Mut
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:25 PM
^^^ Useless picture. Don't post .bmps either.

Originally posted by: Jaredster

Like defeat Neji, and Zaku, and Gaara, and many more that were a lot better than him...

Naruto beat all of them with the help of the Kyubi. I don't see the point you're trying to prove.

And Naruto never fought Zaku, fgt.

Jaredster
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Sorry, meant Haku.

Naruto would be nothing without the Kyuubi, but I guess this is the wrong thread for it.

Kovash
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Sorry, meant Haku.

Naruto would be nothing without the Kyuubi, but I guess this is the wrong thread for it.

I BEG to differ.

It has been stated that having the Kyuubi inside him, while it affords him enourmous stamina and chakra, through the early years of his life, the power was foriegn and didn't mix well - hence the design of the Seal to ease his body into it (Jyraiya mentions this) and the Rasengan is proof that Naruto is a fantastic Ninja, he's just had a giant handicap his entire life.

Why is the rasengan proof? Because it's a technique that the 4th invented and only taught his master (Jyraiya) Tsunade and Orochimaru, who both knew what it was, were flabergasted that he could do it - but more importantly, he invented his OWN method for the technique, because the 4th's generic method was too hard.

Naruto IS fantastic, and he keeps on getting better, especially now that the Kyuubi isn't holding him down.

Mut
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Kovash. Naruto is NOTHING without the Kyubi. It would've taken Naruto possibly decades to be able to do the rasengan the way he can if he didn't have........ KYUBI TO HEAL ALL OF HIS INJURIES OVER NIGHT. Seriously, Naruto has huge ass advantage when it comes to training. He just cannot get tired as easily as everyone else can.

Kyubi > you.

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
oh, i didn't notice the one hand Rasengan... but I guess that's what they mean by "excelling under pressure"

also Sasuke's wings/hands are a bit creepy, but they did look dang silly flapping around when he was lunging at Naruto. Also, I definetley think Sasuke saw Naruto's Rasengan coming, what with Sharingan and all. But, like was said before, he's very arrogant and wants to beat Naruto straight on. I also like the explanation of their stunned faces after the Chidori Rasengan neutralize each other. I at first thought it was one of those unbearably long pauses right before the attacks land, but I like the idea of the two forces cancelling each other out and both of them just trying to regain some of their pride/ make a point by going for a physical blow.

kyubisrage
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Um sasuke would be a little bitch if he didnt have sharingan or curse seal......

Jaredster
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by: kyubisrage
Um sasuke would be a little bitch if he didnt have sharingan or curse seal......

He is a little bitch WITH the sharingan and the cursed seal.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Naruto would be nothing without Kyuubi
Gaara would be nothing without Shukaku
Shikamaru would be nothing without his high IQ
Neji would be nothing without his Byakugan
Itach/Sasukei would be nothing without their sharingan
Kakashi would be nothing...

a pattern perhaps?

How about, the characters are badass because of what they have, not because of what they'd be like without these things? Sounds good.

Actually, I agree that some characters do have an unfair advantage, such as Kyuubi and the Curse Seal, but whatever.

kyubisrage
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by: kyubisrage

He is a little bitch WITH the sharingan and the cursed seal.

Roflmao I knew someone was gonna say that. But I agree , because at the end of the ep he said he is gonna obtain power his own way.

Board of Command
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:43 AM
If nobody had any special abilities then the strongest guy would be Rock Lee. Apparently that's not the case here. It's the wide variety of special abilities that make Naruto an interesting show. Their abilities make them who they are, and in Rock Lee's case, the lack of. If special abilities didn't exist, then Rock Lee would never have had the motivation to become what he is, because he'd be a normal guy just like everybody else. The entire point of the show is to show the unique forms of ninjas.

Get over it, Naruto is badass because he's the main character, just like all other main characters in all other shows. The kyuubi aids Naruto's development, which is the ultimate intention of this show. No fun if we just see Naruto getting owned by Itachi for 500 episodes.

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:45 AM
the clashing rasengan and chidori reminds me of trigun. I don't like spoiling good animes like trigun, so I hope all I've said is just enough and not overboard.
anyway, I guess I can't tell if Naruto meant to only scratch the forehead. But I think it's touching if that's what purposely went through Naruto's mind the most rather than just a blind bloodlust and denial of Sasuke's freshly carved path.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Get over it, Naruto is badass because he's the main character, just like all other main characters in all other shows. The kyuubi aids Naruto's development, which is the ultimate intention of this show. No fun if we just see Naruto getting owned by Itachi for 500 episodes.

That's what I was tryin' to say, hehe.

PS: Purple Rasengan's suck

Natural Cause
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Because it's a technique that the 4th invented and only taught his master (Jyraiya)

The 4th never invented it, it took him 3 years to learn. Jyraiya mentions Naurto and the 4th been alike, because of Narutos will power to not give up.

----------------------------
EDIT:

Also Naruto was forced to use 1 hand to do the Rasengan, he mentioned he was unable to move his arm, so he would not have been able to use the seal to create another one of himself. He was forced to use 1 hand, and if you look at it, when he started it, it didnt look anywhere near as perfect as when he usually does it, it was all messy and all over the place. I think in about 2 seconds he perfected it. LOL

CrackerJason23
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:02 AM
I don't think Naruto is nothing without the Kyubi, Mut@t@... I still think he'd be at about Kiba's level, minus the dog. Hypothetically. And maybe he'd think a little harder (instead of always acting like an idiot) if he couldn't just beat everyone he knows with his Kyubi advantage? I think he wouldn't be as arrogant as "I WILL BEAT YOU I AM NUMBER ONE" all the time if he got smacked around a little more. Maybe losing this fight to Sasuke will humble him a little. I hope so.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Mut is right. Naruto is all about Kyubi. And plot device too (which is what the kyubi power essentially is)

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:13 AM

The 4th never invented it, it took him 3 years to learnL

No, he invented it.

kaniskii
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:23 AM
I agree with both BOARD_of_command and xanbcoo Naruto using the power of the kyuubi does not mean he sucks. everyone has something that helps them with there fighting. And I know that it is not exactly the same as neji, whose ability is a bloodlimit with is inherited, but naruto was born with the kyuubi, or atleast recived it right at birth.

So lets take that away. Lets say that naruto did not have the kyuubi, im sure, since he is the main character, that he would have some other ability to help him progress, or all the other characters abilities wont be as advanced as they are now.

When you write a story like naruto, you write it so everything happens for a reason, and no matter what power you give your main character, be it a demon living inside him, or just plain old good ninja skills from lots of practice, everyone around him that you create will reflect the main characters ability so that, in the end, the main character will come out on top.

and im sure some people like there main characters to be more average and the advasaries be much better than them, but naruto is not that way, and i think it's fine the way it is.

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Naruto has an enormous well of power even without the Kyuubi, enough to use Tajyuu Kagebunshin, which is a high level technique. Without the Kyuubi he would be dead several times over - just like Neji, Sasuke, Chouji etc etc would be dead without the abilities they inherited.

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
Naruto would be nothing without Kyuubi
Duh.

Gaara would be nothing without Shukaku
Maybe.

Shikamaru would be nothing without his high IQ
Wrong. Shikamaru was born with his special characteristic unlike Naruto.

Neji would be nothing without his Byakugan
Wrong. Neji having byakugan doesn't make him awesome, it's his natural born ability to kick ass with what he has makes him awesome.

Itach/Sasukei would be nothing without their sharingan
Kakashi would be nothing...
Wrong. All three of them were consider geniuses before they gained Sharingan. They might not be as strong as they are now without it, but they sure didn't suck ass like Naruto before Naruto found out his Kyubi abilities.

a pattern perhaps?
A shitty one.

How about, the characters are badass because of what they have, not because of what they'd be like without these things? Sounds good.
Characters are badass because of what they can do with or without the powerups.

Actually, I agree that some characters do have an unfair advantage, such as Kyuubi and the Curse Seal, but whatever.
You cannot compare Kyubi to the Curse Seal. Ultimately, the Kyubi annihilates everything when it's compared in terms of power, stamina, and healing ability.

Natural Cause
Fri, 05-13-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

The 4th never invented it, it took him 3 years to learnL

No, he invented it.

Never was it said that he invented it. After looking back at episode 87, he said.

"This is a ninja technique that the Fourth Hokage left."

"It took three whole years for the Fourth to complete this technique."

So i don't think he 'invented' it.

Kirakun
Fri, 05-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by: t Mrx8st
I thought this episdoes graphics were crappier than the last episode.

The fight between Sasuke and Naruto was ok, it wasn't that great.

I agree. Did they get some new people in there or what? The movie reminded me how bad these new draws really are.

dizkidhuy
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:26 AM
before sasuke was headed to the sound the 4 came to get sasuke and they beated him up but then when neji chouji shikomonaru kiba beated up the 4 (with a little sand help) does that mean sasuke was stronger then them at first?

Kovash
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Kovash. Naruto is NOTHING without the Kyubi. It would've taken Naruto possibly decades to be able to do the rasengan the way he can if he didn't have........ KYUBI TO HEAL ALL OF HIS INJURIES OVER NIGHT. Seriously, Naruto has huge ass advantage when it comes to training. He just cannot get tired as easily as everyone else can.

Kyubi > you.

That's debatable. It had been said by Jyraiya (as I mentioned in my previous post) that the nature of the Kyuubi's sealing was disruptive to Naruto's ability to control his Chakra, and the double seal was to allow his body to slowly assimilate the power without killing him. We KNOW Naruto has huge Chakra because of what he does without the Kyuubi (the only technique he's used with it the the Kychiose) everything else has been pure Naruto.

Naruto is very tricky, his life as a prankster apparently has lent him some quick thinking - he does not have forethought, like Shikamaru, but he can damn well improvise when the situation requires it, and THAT is what makes him great.

As for the training advantage, you could say that, if his Chakra control wasn't impared he wouldn't need to be constantly revived because he would perfect it MUCH faster than he could while inhibited.

basey44
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:47 AM
the kyubi seal doesnt effect his chakra control, what effected it was the extra seal that oro gave him in the forest, which was later removed by jiraiya

Natural Cause
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:33 AM
the kyubi seal doesnt effect his chakra control, what effected it was the extra seal that oro gave him in the forest, which was later removed by jiraiya

That would be correct. Jyraiya talks about the four seal that the fourth placed on naruto, and mentions

"It is set up so that the chakra of the Nine-Tails can leak out from the four season seals and be converted into his own."

"But that has been stoped by the Five Element Seal."

"An odd numbered seal on top of an even numbered seal His chakra and the Chakra of the Nine-Tails mix inconsistently, so it has become unstable."

So basically Kyubi's chakra is been added to narutos.

Kovash
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:35 AM

I was waiting for someone to mention this...

Yes, the 5th element seal screwed up Naruto's Chakra control (yet he still manages a crud load of Kage Bunshins...?) but Jyraiya also says that the Kyuubi chakra screws up Naruto anyway, and that only recently has it been mixing properly.

I don't have the anime episode anymore, so I'll try and find the Manga and point out where he says it.

Assertn
Fri, 05-13-2005, 09:08 AM
actually, neji doesnt deny that his hyuga traits make him the awesome ninja that he is.......
in fact, he built his own beliefs that the traits a person is born with affects their fate

but so what? he wouldnt be a genius type if he didnt have superior abilities

t Mrx8st
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Sigh, Yondaime did invent the Rasengan and took him 3-4 years to master it...

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:25 AM
That's debatable. It had been said by Jyraiya (as I mentioned in my previous post) that the nature of the Kyuubi's sealing was disruptive to Naruto's ability to control his Chakra, and the double seal was to allow his body to slowly assimilate the power without killing him.We KNOW Naruto has huge Chakra because of what he does without the Kyuubi (the only technique he's used with it the the Kychiose) everything else has been pure Naruto.
No, it hasn't. Kyubi chakra has been mixing with Naruto's ever since he was born. Technically, Naruto doesn't have a chakra of his own anymore.

Naruto is very tricky, his life as a prankster apparently has lent him some quick thinking - he does not have forethought, like Shikamaru, but he can damn well improvise when the situation requires it, and THAT is what makes him great.
That, or, the ability to go http://img93.echo.cx/img93/6172/emotssj0jw.gif and use brute force to destroy everyone.

As for the training advantage, you could say that, if his Chakra control wasn't impared he wouldn't need to be constantly revived because he would perfect it MUCH faster than he could while inhibited.
Who cares about shitty chakra control when he can just turn into a youma? The reason why Naruto has shitty chakra control is to not give the main character every advantage and balance out the massive Kyubi power. Same with the Naruto's shitty taijutsu. Imagine what he could do if his specialty was the omote renge instead of kage bunshin.

Rek
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:54 AM
yeah, but I think I've said this before somewhere...

If naruto never had kyuubi chakra than he would not be hated, so he would grow up "normally" we can assume he would still be orphaned, because we don't know if the seal had anything to do with that, perhaps they died fighting the fox demon. So he would have normal chakra, which means he would have been able to do ninjutsu and genjutsu from the beginning. We take away his thirst for acknowledgement, his made regen, his physical strength and speed.

So he's a normal kid. He wouldn't have any family path, like EVERY other ninja ever, except perhaps rock lee (we don't really know about temari) so odds are naruto would be working at the ramen shop washing dishes.

kaigan
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:56 AM
sasuke's 'arms' or 'wings', whatever u wanna call it looks so fking gay. makes him even more of a faggot.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:11 PM
You cannot compare Kyubi to the Curse Seal. Ultimately, the Kyubi annihilates everything when it's compared in terms of power, stamina, and healing ability.

Ooooh, that must be why Naruto just lost to Sasuke.

potentialflip
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:27 PM
so check dis...
Very dramatic episode.
People are shocked the Rasengan is not red at all. But red and blue make purple which sort of looked like it.
I remind myself why I respect Sasuke I still do not like what he did.

Oh yeah one more thing... Filler episodes are coming!!!

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:27 PM

Ooooh, that must be why Naruto just lost to Sasuke.
There was no way Naruto could've won. If Naruto did win and brought back Sasuke then this entire arc would've been pointless.

Logicccccccccccccccccccccc.

potentialflip
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
actually it wouldn't been pointless it just would have been not as exciting or fun.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh I completely agree that he SHOULD have lost. The arc worked out as it should have.
I'm just attacking your "logic"

Here's what I'm getting from you, Mut:
You cannot compare Kyuubi to the Curse Seal because Kyuubi is more powerful.
Naruto fights lvl2 curse seal Sasuke while using Kyuubi
Naruto Loses.

My point was that Sasuke in his lvl 2 form is = or > Kyuubi-Naruto. I don't think the win was TOTALLY on account of the large power they were both using, but if Kyuubi is that much stronger, then Sasuke would have lost.

Assertn
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:36 PM
naruto lost with kyubi powers BECAUSE he sucks as a ninja.
if it was shikamaru with the kyubi powers fighting sasuke, then the outcome of that match would've been different

keep in mind that the weakness of naruto's kyubi strength is his heart, according to kabuto....
since sasuke black-chidori-punched him in the heart, it disabled the kyubi mode

alot of people think that naruto would still be a great ninja even if the kyubi was never sealed. This is not true. All the good jutsus he can perform were given to him because of the unusual chakra he has from kyubi. If it was never sealed in him, not only would he not have the power to do all the stuff he does, but he also would not have been hated by all the adults, thus not have a drive for acknowledgement. In other words, there would be no story to build around Naruto, and he would only exist in the series as another Inari.

it's BECAUSE of kyubi, that naruto is so important to the story

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: potentialflip
actually it wouldn't been pointless it just would have been not as exciting or fun.
Okay, so if Sasuke lost and was brought back to Konoha, what's gonna happen then? He's gonna get angry again and leave Konoha? Or wait, he might just turn good and happy, and forget all about it. Right?

Give me a break. If Sasuke came back, it would've been the worst fucking possible storyline ever.

Oh I completely agree that he SHOULD have lost. The arc worked out as it should have.
I'm just attacking your "logic"

Here's what I'm getting from you, Mut:
You cannot compare Kyuubi to the Curse Seal because Kyuubi is more powerful.
Naruto fights lvl2 curse seal Sasuke while using Kyuubi
Naruto Loses.

My point was that Sasuke in his lvl 2 form is = or > Kyuubi-Naruto. I don't think the win was TOTALLY on account of the large power they were both using, but if Kyuubi is that much stronger, then Sasuke would have lost.
What the hell... Kishimoto had to make Naruto lose to have forward progress in the storyline. I also said that it ultimately beats every special powerup. That means in the end, Kyubi will just overpower everything. Not only that, Naruto can't release even a tenth of Kyubi's real power and the way he uses it is stupid. You're just not thinking beyond what has happened.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
it's BECAUSE of kyubi, that naruto is so important to the story

I'll buy that.

I'm just saying that Lvl 2 curse seal must be damn powerful in order to stand up to Super-Kyuubi-Naruto and still win. Naruto has been unstoppable with this power up until this point.
Perhaps it was because he was uber berserk and can't fully utilize it or something.

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I'll buy that.

I'm just saying that Lvl 2 curse seal must be damn powerful in order to stand up to Super-Kyuubi-Naruto and still win. Naruto has been unstoppable with this power up until this point.
Perhaps it was because he was uber berserk.
Sasuke is just a better ninja than Naruto when it comes to techniques and "ninja" abilities (not ninjutsu). Naruto is only clumsy and reckless but semi-clever. And that's all that shows for him.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 12:58 PM
And he's got a badass demon inside of him.

Also:
http://www.animeyume.org/userfiles/31125_6B9C86B507.JPG

Purple Kyuubi-Rasengans suck.

Jurojin
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:25 PM
I agree with the opinion that Kyuubi-Naruto is capable of blasting through a lvl-2 Sasuke, but only 1 tail of the Kyuubi was released from the seal- if the seal had released more of the energy, then Naruto would have been more powerful, and flattened him. So, we have to keep in mind that Narutos power will only increase from this point as the seal deteriorates. Of course, if he had better skills....

Death13a
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:34 PM
i love how they finshed the fight not and not like all DBZ fights which taking 3+episodes to finish. Naruto can use tactics pretty well as 133 episode showed. Naruto lost due to Kbuubi as we know destroies Naruto from inside with extensive use as Jyraiya sayed that Naruto's body fight against Fox's chakra as it too much for Naruto. as for blue resangan: it showed that Naruto launched attack against Sasuke using his own chakra.I wonder how long was that plant Akatsuki member and how did he know that Sasuke and Naruto will fight at that place. Good episode for ending the fight and it looks like next episode Sakura will put out a burning building with tears and as for Sasuke : does he know where the Oro lives as i don't think he ask for derections.

kooshi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 02:52 PM
For the Akatsuki member, someone could've just been patrolling just outside of Konoha to see what Naruto is up to since he is a target of Akatsuki.
Either that or someone was watching Orochimaru's movements. Orochimaru was part of Akatsuki, but left for some reason. That reason might cause Akatsuki to worry about something and keep an eye on the traitor.

Board of Command
Fri, 05-13-2005, 03:29 PM
It was more like he was just there to watch the fight. Akatsuki is after Naruto, and Oro probably left because he wants Sasuke, not Naruto. It turns out Oro obtains Sasuke, while Naruto's power increases yet again. I think Akatsuki's plan is to force Naruto to go all out at some point, causing him to accidentally break the seal and release the full kyuubi.

Jessper
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Death13a, gather your thoughts before posting and try and use paragraphs, please. Your post was all over the place.

Also don't post preview information in the discussion thread please. If you want to talk about it you can create an Episode 134 preview Discussion thread.

cybercoin
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah, i think ( like many i think) that naruto will learn how to use more power of the Demon Fox. But if he uses it all then the seal will break.
Atleast thats what i think

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM
OK my thoughts, I know I'm a bit late into the discussion...

All you guys who think Sasuke and Naruto are gay for looking at each other the way they did need to seriously ask are you capable of having a deep friendship with someone of the same sex, let alone the fact that you all need to grow up.

As for the whole Naruto would be nothing without Kyuubi discussion... I still maintain my theory that in order for Naruto to be truly a Hokage in his own right he will have to fight Kyuubi eventually and defeat it in battle, thus redeeming any lost respect he had for using a demon as a chakra source.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
i dont even think it was kyuubi lvl 2, cause the chakra didnt seem as powerfull when he unleashed kyuubi power the first time against haku, cutting open the ground and everything, kyuubi face manifesting, INSTANTLY healing after haku threw those needles, and yes he also deflected things with his chakra then, then busting haku's face with 1 punch ( the second would be lethal ) and haku is supposed to be stronger than kakashi ( kakashi said it himself), also in narutimate hero2 he had THAT transformation AND his rasengan was 100% more powerfull then what he showed in ep134( it is also as big as naruto himself, and REDDDD).. so im geussing it was more like kyuubi 1.9 or something, cause if that 1 punch leveled haku, all the attackes of kyuubi lvl1 and 1.9 should have totally DESTROYED sasuke instead of giving him goofy ( but funny if you pause it ) expressions, but then again yes its logical that sasuke won......++ to the story

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:52 PM
i dont even think it was kyuubi lvl 2, cause the chakra didnt seem as powerfull when he unleashed kyuubi power the first time against haku, cutting open the ground and everything, kyuubi face manifesting, INSTANTLY healing after haku threw those needles, and yes he also deflected things with his chakra then, then busting haku's face with 1 punch ( the second would be lethal ) and haku is supposed to be stronger than kakashi ( kakashi said it himself), also in narutimate hero2 he had THAT transformation AND his rasengan was 100% more powerfull then what he showed in ep134( it is also as big as naruto himself, and REDDDD).. so im geussing it was more like kyuubi 1.9 or something, cause if that 1 punch leveled haku, all the attackes of kyuubi lvl1 and 1.9 should have totally DESTROYED sasuke instead of giving him goofy ( but funny if you pause it ) expressions, but then again yes its logical that sasuke won......++ to the story

Oh my god, Haku was not stronger than Kakashi. Don't make up lies. And Naruto released more Kyubi than ever before. He healed a LARGE HOLE in his body. That's more than healing a bunch of needle sized stab wounds.

Your post made me angry.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:04 PM
damn watch the arc again, kakashi said to naruto that there are ppl younger then him, but also stronger then him, obviously refering to haku, and other references where also made, JUST WATCH IT AGAIN, also kakashi couldnt even get free from a DEAD haku's grip..........i mean lik wow how strong must you be then, also when he sensed that zabuza was gonna die, he stopped naruto veeeery easily, transported in front of zabuza ( with the mirror ) and took the hit, in less then a second, and we all know that haku was a damn genius, who else can make freaking 1 handed seals

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
damn watch the arc again, kakashi said to naruto that there are ppl younger then him, but also stronger then him, obviously refering to haku, and other references where also made, JUST WATCH IT AGAIN, also kakashi couldnt even get free from a DEAD haku's grip..........i mean lik wow how strong must you be then, also when he sensed that zabuza was gonna die, he stopped naruto veeeery easily, transported in front of zabuza ( with the mirror ) and took the hit, in less then a second, and we all know that haku was a damn genius, who else can make freaking 1 handed seals
Wait, so what the hell? Kakashi just knew Haku was stronger because Haku "killed" Zabuza and they met for the first time? It's stupid to think that Kakashi just automatically knew how strong Haku was even though they've never met before and Kakashi has never heard of him. Also, did you know that dead people get rigor mortis? I'm sure it doesn't occur instantly, but it's probably what Kishimoto meant to show. I'm not going to explain why I brought up rigor mortis because I assume you know what that is. Anyway, what does being able sense Zabuza dying and taking the Chidori hit have anything to do with this? Kakashi sensed Naruto getting into deep shit miles away. So?

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:19 PM
if kakashi can sense that, im sure he can sense haku's power, when the seal almost broke both zabuza and kakashi were startled ( spelling) because of the chakra, zabuza even said, its to BIG to be kakashi's, SO what i was geussing that these jounins ( especially kakashi) can sense how strong some1 is ( just like the powerlvl nonsense in dbz )

yapchagi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin

I think it means that Sasuke won't do what Itachi told him to. So he will not try to kill his best friend anymore. Means his intention on getting the Mangekyou is gone.
Coz there's another way to get stronger and that is from Orochimaru.

And the reason why he couldn't kill Naruto is because he loves him so damn much....He just can't admit it to Naruto about how handsome he really is.

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Kakashi can sense the DEMON CHAKRA not just regular person's. If these ninjas could sense everyone's chakra, what the hell is the point of being able sneak up on them? Not only that, Naruto had to release A LOT of Kyubi chakra to me noticed. When Kakashi said "there are people younger than me but stronger", Haku never released any. At least not any large amount.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:27 PM
yapchagi , does your name imply a kick from taekwondo? ( sidekick)

yapchagi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
if it was shikamaru with the kyubi powers fighting sasuke, then the outcome of that match would've been different

Actually if Neji has the Kyubi...Then he would be the toughest one. He's genious and smart in opening new jutsus or anything else just like he found the 64 hit tenketsus move by himself and not the mention he knows the 128 hit too.
So I'm sure if Kyubi was in Neji, he would be able to use it better than Naruto.
Imagine Neji with Kyubi or Neji in Level 2. How strong he will become?
Even in his current state, he's able to beat the level 2 of that spider guy.

Some more to consider:
- Gaara has both Kyubi and Shukaku, then go to Level 2
- Naruto go to Level 2, then use Kyubi mode
- Lee go to Level 2 then activate the 8 Gates

yapchagi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Yes, it is Korean word for Side Kick...It's actually yupchagi, not yapchagi.

Don't double post. Use the edit button.

GotWoot Moderator

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna have to go with mut on this one.
Kakashi is stronger than Haku was. When he said "there are people in this world stronger than me, yet younger than you", he was trying to explain to Naruto the fact that age has nothing to do with power. Naruto was upset because Zabuza was "killed" by someone his age. Had Kakashi meant "Haku is stronger than me", he would have said it.
Good point about sensing the Kyuubi's chakra too. I think anyone could have felt that.
That's another thing: There is no way Naruto was more powerful unleashing Kyuubi against Haku than now against Sasuke. I dunno why you would think that at all.

Board of Command
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
As for the whole Naruto would be nothing without Kyuubi discussion... I still maintain my theory that in order for Naruto to be truly a Hokage in his own right he will have to fight Kyuubi eventually and defeat it in battle, thus redeeming any lost respect he had for using a demon as a chakra source.
That's exactly how this show will end. The final scene in the show will be the inauguration ceremony for the next hokage because Tsunade died. We see the new hokage in the cape and hat, and the final 5 second will be him taking off the cape and hat, revealing Naruto.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:00 PM

Yes, it is Korean word for Side Kick...It's actually yupchagi, not yapchagi.

Don't double post. Use the edit button.

GotWoot Moderator

lol i know it as yopchagi , im a 5 year taekwondo artist myself

I'm gonna have to go with mut on this one.
Kakashi is stronger than Haku was. When he said "there are people in this world stronger than me, yet younger than you", he was trying to explain to Naruto the fact that age has nothing to do with power. Naruto was upset because Zabuza was "killed" by someone his age. Had Kakashi meant "Haku is stronger than me", he would have said it.
Good point about sensing the Kyuubi's chakra too. I think anyone could have felt that.
That's another thing: There is no way Naruto was more powerful unleashing Kyuubi against Haku than now against Sasuke. I dunno why you would think that at all.

well GENIUS haku didnt sense , he was like what is this, what is this strange power blablabla, and i think he wuz more powerfull then, because the game is actually STILL ahead of the anime, that also explains the uber rasengan he does in it( beats the purple 1 netime), also kakashi does a very cool chidori attack, that we are bound to c somewhere ahead

Spoiler removed. Don't mention what you heard from someone regarding the manga.

GotWoot Moderator

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:08 PM
ROFL

Sorry, I was just laughing at the obvious joke about Haku being stronger than Kakashi.
Because that WAS a joke right? ...right?

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Dude. Let me get this quote thing fixed...

Hold on.

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Kakashi can sense the DEMON CHAKRA not just regular person's. If these ninjas could sense everyone's chakra, what the hell is the point of being able sneak up on them? Not only that, Naruto had to release A LOT of Kyubi chakra to me noticed. When Kakashi said "there are people younger than me but stronger", Haku never released any. At least not any large amount.

kakashi knew those mist or rain or whatever guys where pretty damn weak who ambushed em before, y else would he w8 and c who the target was, IF they could be a potential danger, obviously he sensed there power, also it has nothing to do with releasing ALOT of chakra, zabuza said it was BIG, to BIG for kakashi, kakashi runs out of chakra pretty fast when fighting, so im sure if he can sense also kakashi's he can sense, chakra that is smaller than BIG
and not just ninjas, but jounins and in general the 1's of kakashi's lvl

edit nevermind i only read your spoiler removed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif lol sry

Aeon
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:05 PM
He didn't sense the Demon Brothers, he noticed that the puddle of water was suspicious since it hadn't rained in a couple weeks or days or something to that extent.

Y
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Sorry, I was just laughing at the obvious joke about Haku being stronger than Kakashi.
Because that WAS a joke right? ...right?

Either Haku is stronger than Kakashi or Kakashi is a liar/mistaken. We have two confirmations of Haku being better than jounins.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I just have a hard time believing Naruto could land a punch on Kakashi like he did on Haku, even with the power he used while punching him.

Mut
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:11 PM
This is bullshit. I can't believe there are people who think that Haku can beat Kakashi. I quit the Naruto Anime forum.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:39 PM
He didn't sense the Demon Brothers, he noticed that the puddle of water was suspicious since it hadn't rained in a couple weeks or days or something to that extent.

yeah i know he did, BUT he also knew they would pose no threat, and he wouldnt just be like hey i c a puddle, they is shitty ninja, naruto and other will be save, he would want to protect team 7 IF i knew some1 was after them (kakashi would die to protect his friends ) so what im GEUSSING, is that he sensed their chakra as being pretty low, and fastfood for him

and terra, naruto kinda like really hurt sasuke's hand went he held him ( it sounded as if it broke), and haku was trying to get away, no way in hell you are going newhere if kyuubi grabs you like that

darkshadow
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:41 PM
sry double post

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 09:49 PM
darkshadow, the only things you've said so far about Kakashi and Haku's strength come from times when intuitive reasoning were used.

First you say that Haku is stronger than Kakashi. Yet then you say that Haku didn't sense Kyuubi's chakra, and Kakashi did. Now personally I don't think anyone can "sense" chakra the same was as in, say, DBZ, where they instantly feel or know a person due to their power level bullshit. When there is an explosion of chakra like Kyuubi's however, I think it's impossible not to feel something it. At the very least, they can feel the force of the large, uncontrolled explosion of chakra.

Kakashi knew Haku was strong because he saw him kill zabuza. Other than that, he had no knowledge of haku's strength. Kakashi can read well into a situation, so I'm pretty sure he came up with many ideas about Haku's possible strength.

He didn't know how strong the Demon Brothers were. There was no mention of it whatsoever. I understand your argument for him knowing that, but I think that would have been mentioned if that was the case. It came across pretty obviously that Kakashi thought his way around that situation, and that he didn't have any other knowledge of a supposed "power level".

Assertn
Fri, 05-13-2005, 10:35 PM

Actually if Neji has the Kyubi...Then he would be the toughest one. He's genious and smart in opening new jutsus or anything else just like he found the 64 hit tenketsus move by himself and not the mention he knows the 128 hit too.
So I'm sure if Kyubi was in Neji, he would be able to use it better than Naruto.
Imagine Neji with Kyubi or Neji in Level 2. How strong he will become?
Even in his current state, he's able to beat the level 2 of that spider guy.

Some more to consider:
- Gaara has both Kyubi and Shukaku, then go to Level 2
- Naruto go to Level 2, then use Kyubi mode
- Lee go to Level 2 then activate the 8 Gates

neji's fighting style doesnt rely on raw power, nor healing capabilities.....i dont know if the kyubi would help him moreso than the others. Now KIBA on the other hand....would definitely take advantage of the taijutsu provided by kyubi

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Whoa wait a second...

Haku 'killing' Zabuza means that he is stronger than Kakashi??? Zabuza was stuck to a damn tree and all Haku did was throw some needles at him... how much power does throwing needles of aiming take????

Kakashi said to Naruto that there are people younger than him i.e. Naruto that are stronger than himself i.e. Kakashi. There is no indication that he was referring to Haku. And wasn't Haku a bit older than Naruto?

As for Kakashi not being able to free himself from dead Haku... he wasn't exactly trying his level best to get his arm back was he??? He was just showing a shocked expression on his face, thats all, and he just shifted his weight...

voonvoon
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:41 PM
get a hold of urself...this is 134 dicussion not haku n all those nonsence u guys wrote

and i dont think that guy is a NEW akasuki member..maybe hes akatsuki

wonder if sasuke go back to the village anot or... he went to orochimaru

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Whoa wait a second...

Haku 'killing' Zabuza means that he is stronger than Kakashi??? Zabuza was stuck to a damn tree and all Haku did was throw some needles at him... how much power does throwing needles of aiming take????

Kakashi said to Naruto that there are people younger than him i.e. Naruto that are stronger than himself i.e. Kakashi. There is no indication that he was referring to Haku. And wasn't Haku a bit older than Naruto?

As for Kakashi not being able to free himself from dead Haku... he wasn't exactly trying his level best to get his arm back was he??? He was just showing a shocked expression on his face, thats all, and he just shifted his weight...

Exactly. I agree completely.
Although Haku was pretty damn strong (it took kyuubi to beat him), there is no reason to think that he'd be any match for Kakashi.
Haku was a bit older than Naruto, but only a bit I'll assume. Kakashi was just trying to say that Haku was strong for his age...at least, stronger than Naruto or Sasuke.
And yeah, that's exactly what happened when Kakashi was grabbed by dead Haku. He didn't try and break free at all.

PS: New akatsuki guy pwnzors

kooshi
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by: voonvoon
and i dont think that guy is a NEW akasuki member..maybe hes akatsuki

We're saying he's new because we haven't seen him before. A new character, so to speak, but we're pretty much saying he's a new character as an Akatsuki member.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:56 AM
That's exactly how this show will end. The final scene in the show will be the inauguration ceremony for the next hokage because Tsunade died. We see the new hokage in the cape and hat, and the final 5 second will be him taking off the cape and hat, revealing Naruto.

And then a year later, Naruto Z will start airing telling the story of the children of Naruto/Hinata, Sasuke/Sakura and Shikamaru/Temari just graduating from the academy under the instruction of their mysterious Jounin leader, Shino.

KM
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:28 AM
for the kakashi vs haku debate:

when kakashi said there are people stronger than him and younger than naruto, he was referring to haku. But he did not know how strong haku was. He was just saying it to teach naruo a lesson. Haku was dressed as the equivalent of an anbu of the konoha. The mask that he was wearing suggested to kakashi that he was at least stronger than a jounin (and haku is definitely stronger than zabuza). That was why kakashi made the assumption that haku was stronger than himself.

Based on the look, you would expect haku to be even stronger than itachi, since itachi was some years older before becoming an anbu.

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:57 AM
ANBU doesn't mean that they're stronger than a Jounin.
Hell, Kakashi was part of ANBU years before he even met Team 7. If you're saying he assumed Haku was stronger based on the fact that Haku looked like a mist ANBU (actually a hunter-nin), then you're still wrong.
Kakashi's comment was referring to ninjas in general, not Haku. Otherwise, he would have been more specific when he said "there are ninjas in this world..."; he was telling Naruto not to be suprised that Haku is stronger than Naruto because such ninja do exist. I think you are misconstruing what Kakashi said.
Can we stop discussing this please?

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by: KM
for the kakashi vs haku debate:

when kakashi said there are people stronger than him and younger than naruto, he was referring to haku. But he did not know how strong haku was. He was just saying it to teach naruo a lesson. Haku was dressed as the equivalent of an anbu of the konoha. The mask that he was wearing suggested to kakashi that he was at least stronger than a jounin (and haku is definitely stronger than zabuza). That was why kakashi made the assumption that haku was stronger than himself.

Based on the look, you would expect haku to be even stronger than itachi, since itachi was some years older before becoming an anbu.
Good lord, KM. You should stick to AMG discussions. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Rhanfahl
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Have any of you been in a real fight? Now obviously this show has shit loads of unreal stuff in it, but if you really wanna know why Naruto lost its quite simple. A battle is determined by 5 things...

1. Skill - Technique, power, speed, etc.

2. Desire - Who wants it more! The whole Bruce Lee example of " If your opponent bruses you, you break their bones, if they break your bones, you kill them, blah blah blah..."

3.Experience - Having knowledge of your opponent and their limits opposed to yours. As well as knowing from a previous incident generally what to expect out of what you are about to do.

4. Uninhibited Mind - The ability to just act without having to think, to move on instinct. To use your entire arsenal in an effective way without having to pause to determine what works best in what situtation.

5. Surprise - Gaining the upper hand through preemptive or hidden movements/attacks, or giving your opponent the false sense that you are not his opponent to begin with. If you wanna win, you gotta fight dirty (Especially if you're a freaking ninja).

So for instance, if someone is trying to kill you and you are simply trying to immobilize them, and all of the other criteria between you are equal, chances are you're still F-ed. Why? Because the other person has no limit on what they can or will do, their goal is to destroy you in any fashion they can, while yours is to defend yourself and defeat your opponent without causing permanent harm.

Now in this situtation (shitty looking super powers and transformations aside) Sasuke is faster, has much much better form, more experience, more techniques, knows what he's doing, and he's trying to actually kill Naruto.

You don't beat an opponent unless you are totally willing and ready to win in any way, shape, or form, including killing your opponent. If you think that's just bullshit then get a friend and go outside. One of you only try to hit the other in the head, while the other person can just do whatever the hell they want.

So my ultimate point is, don't squabble over a cartoon, there are better things to do, be constructive and don't bash each other, its only a fucking show. If you really like it, then try and be excited for what's going to happen, and not fight over why an episode "should or shouldn't" have been a certain way. If you want it to be different write a Fan Fic or something....otherwise, get a snack, sit down, shut the fuck up and watch the show!

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:08 AM
Well, interesting first post. But that's not how GW works. Arguing is the only way to go!

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:14 AM
I just think Purple Kyuubi-Rasengans suck is all...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

KM
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:57 AM
ANBU doesn't mean that they're stronger than a Jounin.
Hell, Kakashi was part of ANBU years before he even met Team 7. If you're saying he assumed Haku was stronger based on the fact that Haku looked like a mist ANBU (actually a hunter-nin), then you're still wrong.
Kakashi's comment was referring to ninjas in general, not Haku. Otherwise, he would have been more specific when he said "there are ninjas in this world..."; he was telling Naruto not to be suprised that Haku is stronger than Naruto because such ninja do exist. I think you are misconstruing what Kakashi said.
Can we stop discussing this please?Hunter-nin hunts jounins. They are stronger than jounins. I didn't say that kakashi assumed haku was stronger based on the fact that haku looked like a mist ANBU. You took away the obvious facts that haku was a lot younger, that he seemingly assassinated zabuza with zero effort, that kakashi did not perceive his presence, not his attack. Kakashi was an ANBU at a certain age, and haku seemingly reached that stage a lot earlier. There was why kakashi thought that maybe haku is stronger than him. Also put naruto's comment in context. After zabuza was taken away, naruto said what the hell was that, that kid just casually killed someone the four of them together fought. Kakashi seemed to agree (yet still doubtful) with what naruto said, and told naruto the statement. Of course kakashi was speaking of the ninjas in general, but haku was included at that moment.

Back to episode 134, the episode is quite disappointing:

- The visual effects with the black chidori and the collision of the chakra didn't fit the style. Not to mention the ball with techno feel, didn't make any sense.
- Sasuke's level 2 appearance is not appealing.
- The presentation of emotional content is forced and unnatural.

When sasuke continue into the forest after the fight, he said that he would gain power in this own way. He already chose not to kill his best friend, and probably chosen not to go to orochimaru. Yet he is still walking into something extremely dark. Makes you wonder how he is going to gain more power. Maybe do something darker than itachi or orochimaru can imagine?

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Honestly, is it me or is this the first time in 134 episodes the discussion of Haku being stronger than Kakashi has been brought up?

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:26 AM
let me just say abit more about haku's strength:
kakashi says i should do this, when naruto appeared, he realized haku was WAAAAY more powerfull then naruto or sasuke
haku broke that guys arm just by holding it ( naruto kyuubi style)
sasuke threw shuriken when he was busy talking to naruo, haku dodged it with ease
in the flashback, zabuza says, he is a fighting machine labeled ninja, on top of that his techniques surpass mine
he never intended to kill ne of em, or the fight would be over fast, reeeaaally fast
(also naruto had that same ultra beastly look on him against haku, as with the sasuke naruto fight, the other kyuubi transformations didnt look like that, just watch it again, the chakra just didnt manifest around him as a fox)
AND they CAN sense normal chakra, or both of em would be like, w8 i sense chakra, that means it is a DEMON, AAAAAH, but no, they questioned it first, zabuza didnt even say ne thing like, hmm must be some demon passing by then( ofcourse kakashi knew later on but thats logical)
and come on that first kyuubi punch didnt even ko haku
and just a little screen cap of what he did as a 6 your old brat ( maybe even younger):
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/darkshadow5k5/ice.jpg

he never even used the full potential of his bloodline limit against team 7....

ok back to ep 134
hmm i didnt notice sasuke walked into a black "future" or something, maybe hes relying on oro more now

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
OK so now lets follow this logic..

Haku > Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi

Kyuubi Naruto ("lvl 2" version) > Haku

Which means that now Naruto is stronger than Kakashi???

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:33 AM
hmm in power yes, but i never said haku would defeat kakashi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, kakashi has more experience and stuff, naruto has like what 2 years of experience, kakashi would win, unless ofcourse he gets tired ( but kakashi cant lose cause he's badass i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:32 AM
They never fought and they never will, you're all wasting your time arguing.

As I'm colorblind, I didn't realize the Rasengan was purple and not blue. I consider that preferable. I think that a red one would have been best, because I think mixing their chakra together should have been saved for later in the series, but purple makes more sense than blue, so I'm satisfied.

Tidus_Yuna
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:01 AM

well its like red+blue= purple if u look again u will see purple

Edort4
Sat, 05-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Well at last the end of the fight, not very dramatic, that multicolor sphere was quite absurd changing color while naruto an sasuke levitate inside of it. The handwings sasuke grew are realy crappy(so horrible and stupid that i cant understand kishimoto, he has very good art and made.. "that") if i was him i would cut them.

With the topic of haku and so, he didnt make any move or jutsu that could kill kakashi, even sasuke with his low level sharingan was almost able to hurt him, even inside his uber bloodline technique. He was strong for his age, a lot, with a very powerful bloodline, but it takes a lot more to beat kakashi. If haku could have killed kakashi i dont know why akatsuki hasnt take him, stronger than kakashi (so at kisames lvl) at the age of 14-15... that sounds even stronger than itachi.. i hope u see what i mean.

About jounin and anbu, all the anbu are jounins, but not all the jounins seem to be, or had been anbu, maybe is some short of "military" service. We havent seen much about anbu but for what we saw they dont look to be much stronger than jounins. I supposse that anbu are more suited for hunting purposes, better tracking abilities and so. They look like a military police, wich doesnt mean they are stronger, just another part of the military, some jounins are teachears, team leadders and so, and some other jounins join anbu.

I would also say that anbus going in teams to hunt other nins give the sensations of being weaker, jounins fight with other country jounins one on one and anbu hunt in packs. Also the rank doesnt give the power, naruto defeated a chunnin when he was only a student(but at that time he wasnt even stronger that i.e a genning like neji). Anbu hunt miss-nins, not only jounins.

Bye!

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by: Tidus_Yuna

well its like red+blue= purple if u look again u will see purple

Well if you look again you will see that I've said about 3 times "purple Kyuubi-Rasengans suck"

I think you guys are still overblowing Haku's strength btw. I think Kakashi is just as strong, maybe stronger than Haku was. Especially now that we've seen what the 3 dot sharingan can do. Sasuke can perceive Kyuubi-Naruto's movements with the 3-dot sharingan, yet Kyuubi-Naruto was waaay faster than Haku, which is why he was beaten so easily in that form. I think someone like kakashi would have beaten Haku easily. Haku was damn strong, but Kakashi is uncomparable in my book. (witht the exception of the sannin, itachi, akatsuki members, etc).
(summary of my recent logic: Sasuke can perceive Kyuubi-Naruto's movement with 3-dot sharingan, Kyuubi Naruto is faster than Haku, Kakashi has 3-dot sharingan and he's a JOUNIN, so Kakashi is faster, more experienced, probably smarter, and therefor stronger to me.)
Kakashi was a chuunin at age 6 and joined ANBU at a young age aswell. But whatever. Maybe they were the same strength.

darkshadow
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:31 PM
yeah thats y i also said kakashi would win, i mean he knows like a 1000 justu, meaning he prolly knows a jutsu for every bad situation he'll ever be in, he prolly also copied that strange teleport thing he did a few times of oro ( he did it at chuunin exam), meaning he would just like kinda teleport out of the mirrors and destroy haku i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif lol, for me no1 can beat kakashi other then sannin and itachi ( im sure he can handle the other akatsuki members )

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:24 PM
just to make things interesting, and add some reality to this arguement,...
Im pretty sure that I could beat up Kakashi, i mean sure hes got that damn eye, but, id meet him at a bar, drunken him up a little, then just poke his eye out, then for good measure kick em in the nuts a few times as he squirms in pain on the floor. Q.E.D.

jing
Sat, 05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
Im pretty sure that I could beat up Kakashi, i mean sure hes got that damn eye, but, id meet him at a bar, drunken him up a little, then just poke his eye out, then for good measure kick em in the nuts a few times as he squirms in pain on the floor. Q.E.D.

Maybe he has a jutsu that won't get him drunk.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Originally posted by: Cal_kashi

Maybe he has a jutsu that won't get him drunk.

well, shit, roofies?

Sam98034
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I thought Naruto was complaining about how much stronger Haku was than him at the same age to Kakashi or something like that? "How can he be so strong, he's my age?" And Kakashi said something like "This is a crazy world like that, some ninjas are younger than you, but stronger than me."

That was just emphasizing a point, not directly stating Haku was better than he was. If Kakashi knew that him and Zabuza were around equal, and that Haku was stronger than him, he would get back up or something. And the last thing he would do is put Sasuke and Naruto against the stronger opponent. Seriously...that's dumb.

Anyways, I didn't really like the energy balls thing with this episode. It's not ninja-like at all. It's not like anything else we've really seen on this show, and would definately be step in a different direction if it continues for the show.

As far as the whole "Naruto is nothing without Kyubi" deal...what if Naruto *IS* Kyubi huh? Xenogears style, reborn. Then that whole argument goes to crap (this last part just stupid speculation).

KM
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Just to keep the record straight, I did not say haku is stronger than kakashi. I simply said that the comment was referring to haku, based on an assumption.

I don't like the energy ball thing either. Those kind of crash as a plot device is almost immature. In fact I thought the summons earlier were already kind of bad. You should be glad that this fight at least didn't turn into a giant monster vs giant monster.

iLLusi0n
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:56 PM
i didn't feel like reading 10 pages to see if my reply in mind has already been talked about
naruto actually mastered rasengan but doing it without the shadow rep which i thought was pretty cool in the fact that it was red at first then BAM blue rasengan

heres one thing i dont get, like how the BIG black sphere is just growing and like solifies even though naruto and sasuke stopped their attack look at each other for like who knows how long then attack and its gone... i think that is totally ridiculous

Yondaime-
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:21 PM
That episode was pretty disappointing.. considering half the episode was flash backs.

I'm beginning to hate Sasuke.. well since a few episodes ago mostly because he looks very gay when he transforms and compared to his brother, he is like a dog
I mean Itachi gained his powers himself, sasuke has to go to some one for powers.

hmm and i dont consider that Naruto lost because... rasengan had the after affect, like always.. so wouldnt that be like a tie?
yes.. overall great artistic work~

Your sig is way over the limit, which is 400 X 80. Please fix your sig.

GotWoot Moderator

jing
Sat, 05-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Nope Naruto lost because he was down and OUT.

Dezalanel
Sat, 05-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by: iLLusi0n
i didn't feel like reading 10 pages to see if my reply in mind has already been talked about
naruto actually mastered rasengan but doing it without the shadow rep which i thought was pretty cool in the fact that it was red at first then BAM blue rasengan

heres one thing i dont get, like how the BIG black sphere is just growing and like solifies even though naruto and sasuke stopped their attack look at each other for like who knows how long then attack and its gone... i think that is totally ridiculous

Naruto did not master the rasengan......the only reason he could do it with one hand is because he was Kyuubi lvl 2. Thus his powers all enhanced such as chakra control which is used in doing the rasengan. Normal Naruto and Kyuubi lvl 2 Naruto are completely different.

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 05-14-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm beginning to hate Sasuke.. well since a few episodes ago mostly because he looks very gay when he transforms and compared to his brother, he is like a dog
I mean Itachi gained his powers himself, sasuke has to go to some one for powers.

I think it's good that sasuke refuses to accept that the only way to gain power is to whore himself off some genetic uchiha trait that arises from tossing away any sense of decency and sanity and killing naruto. I'm just hoping that whatever "darkness" Sasuke's aligning himself with from now on won't screw him up nearly as much as that mangukan thing would, and perhaps that self-reliance might make him even better than itachi. Of course, I'm no manga reader, so I'm content with just making do with wild ideas.

Sam98034
Sun, 05-15-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel

Originally posted by: iLLusi0n

Naruto did not master the rasengan......the only reason he could do it with one hand is because he was Kyuubi lvl 2. Thus his powers all enhanced such as chakra control which is used in doing the rasengan. Normal Naruto and Kyuubi lvl 2 Naruto are completely different.

how can you back this up? Maybe he *just* learned it like Sasuke just got his third dash...or maybe not.

FrostBiteAS
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:17 AM
dang that episode was a big let down... i waited a very long time to watch that ep... oh well im happy now...

STOP POSTING. READ THE RULES (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14660&enterthrea d=y) AND FIX YOUR SIGS. Please don't make me tell you again, I'm feeling ban-trigger happy.

Edit: Still not enough. Sigs can't be over 400x80 pixels.

GotWoot Moderator

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:18 AM
Man Sasuke looked like a fag in lvl 2. That's all I have to say. And the Wing-Hands? WTF just give him normal wings.

Sam98034
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:33 AM
no...this is what a fag looks like:
http://members.aol.com/SILVERG69/fag.jpg
which I guess sorta looks like Sasuke lvl 2 anyway.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Man, I like those hand wings, I think they are a cool variation on normal old demon wings, which is what most series would do.

Plus, now, if he's hands get broken or something, or gets the soul yanked out of them, he can still make hand seals! GIANT ASS HAND SEALS! FUCK YEAH!

Sam98034
Sun, 05-15-2005, 04:44 AM
I've been wondering about something. In the first arc, when Naruto goes kyubi style, they notice that his energy is greater than that of Kakashi (or was it Zabuza...don't have the ep). Anyways, with that info in mind, are both Sasuke and Naruto "stronger" than Kakashi now? Wtf?

Aramis
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:20 AM
ignoring stuff that happened and looking at outcome: SASUKE BEAT NARUTO, but chose to not kill him

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
a quote from sasuke "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH THIS FORHEAD"

in episode 134 Naruto SCRARCHED HIS FORHEAD....

Well he didnt really touch the his forehead, it scratched is forehead protector. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

But yeah after reading, I cant believe that so many where that immature about the event where sasuke and naruto was face to face, seriously, if it was real, you would have been runing at 10-40+ mph possibly, and trying to his someone, tell me that your faces wont be face to face and looking into each other, and too think that these two are best friends, wouldnt u hesitate to actualy attempt to kill him?

**EDIT** Agian i failed to see more than 4 pages on this topic, im sorry if i had re-discussed anything old and unwanted.

Yondaime-
Sun, 05-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
Man Sasuke looked like a fag in lvl 2. That's all I have to say. And the Wing-Hands? WTF just give him normal wings.

I agree completely, plus the color was just way off... looked much nicer in the manga.
Btw, anyone know who and why that akatsuki guy appeared in the end?

p.s: fixed my sig admin =P
its cool how these mods check the forum so often o.O

Dezalanel
Sun, 05-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by: Sam98034
I've been wondering about something. In the first arc, when Naruto goes kyubi style, they notice that his energy is greater than that of Kakashi (or was it Zabuza...don't have the ep). Anyways, with that info in mind, are both Sasuke and Naruto "stronger" than Kakashi now? Wtf?

Wow you really really underestimate Kakashi. Right now in the anime they are not even close to Kakashi's level. Kakashi could still take Naruto and Sasuke on at once and pwn them.

Rek
Sun, 05-15-2005, 09:36 AM
yeah. kakashi has more experience with his sharingan, for one. He has more control over his chakra and techniques. I am pretty sure he can use the Chidori more times a day than sasuke can, and he also can spin 2 kunai on one hand.

naruto can usually summon, rasengan, and kage bunshin.
All Sasuke can do Chidori, Breath Fire, and call people loser.

Yondaime-
Sun, 05-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
Wow you really really underestimate Kakashi. Right now in the anime they are not even close to Kakashi's level. Kakashi could still take Naruto and Sasuke on at once and pwn them.

Hmm.. I know Kakashi is strong and all but... remember when Orochimaru said Kakashi was only as strong as Kabuto? and Naruto beat Kabuto with rasengan.

Also, it took Kakashi freaking long to finish Zabuza
so i wouldnt be surprised if anyone underestimates Kakashi.. although i think hes much greater than what the anime showed uptill now

Edort4
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Naruto beat kabuto just because he was overconfident, thinking naruto was still a gennin without talent, he understimated every move he made and his jutsu. Kakashi would own him in 5 seconds, because he knows how naruto fights.

For the zabuza part we have to go to that time and see how things were, zabuza was a jounin (one who killed 100 students) so he was quite powerful. Kakashi was looking over team 7 so he couldnt go 1 on 1 carefree, even water clones were able of beating team 7 before the chakra training. Kakashi took zabuza too lightly, but remember he owned him as soon as he got seriuos with his sharingan, only hakus appearance saved zabuza. Later zabuza was fighting with the upper hand, kakashi was inside mist very worried about sasuke and naruto fighting a very strong opponent, and at that time of the history fights were less ficticious, to make a crappy summoning of 6 dogs he needed 2 minutes a scroll, his blood on the opponent and a lot of hand seals. Now he summons in a blink of an eye.

And wich is more important its an anime and if u kill your opponents in 2 minutes the series end in 10 episodes, they have to make fights to last long, even if one of them is stronger( what ppl call a plot device?). Kakashi is surely one of the strongest jounins in the naruto world, after all he is famous in other countries and highly respected inside konoha.

bye!

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 11:56 AM
I don't think Sasuke's wings look that bad at all. They're really creepy. Yeah, he's wearing purple lipstick and all...but the wings look pretty cool to me.

Also, was it ever agreed on whether the characters can sense the other characters or not? By that I mean sense their power levels (which is how the whole Haku/Kakashi argument started).

FrostBiteAS
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:03 PM
even tho i did watch this ep.. and was disopointed.. but i had to watch it over and over... kinda made me think.. mayb sasuke is.. really gay... or some kinda of necrophiliac

darkshadow
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:04 PM
the haku/kakashi argument started because i said the kyuub naruto showed then looked more powerfull then against sasuke

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Naruto did NOT beat Kabuto. He landed one single hit (with his best attack to boot) which Kabuto recovered from only moments later. Idiots.

Also, Kabuto had been fighting a long while before that.

Stop making things up goddamnit.

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:12 PM
the haku/kakashi argument started because i said the kyuub naruto showed then looked more powerfull then against sasuke

which, of course, he wasn't. They just put more emphasis on it since it was the first time that Kyuubi showed his "face".

Mut
Sun, 05-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: FrostBiteAS
even tho i did watch this ep.. and was disopointed.. but i had to watch it over and over... kinda made me think.. mayb sasuke is.. really gay... or some kinda of necrophiliac
Do you even know what necrophiliac means?

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 05-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes, I wonder if they do know what necrophiliac means.

masamuneehs
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Sasuke as a necrophiliac? could be interesting theory seeing as how the biggest event in his life involved dead bodies all over the place and...

wait, wait, what am i saying? That person is retarded. No you're definetley 100% wrong. Sasuke was just thinking whether to keep Naruto alive or not, getting ready to get up and leave his past behind. Naruto (and Sakura) are constant reminders of his old life that he really enjoyed but believes holds him back from becoming strong enough to beat Itachi.

And as far as Naruto > Kakashi > Haku > Zabzua w/ KAbuto thrown in... i'm sure we'll see Kabuto fight again, and Naruto would lose to Kakashi in a serious fight because the jounin (if it was that seriou) would just put a kunai through his neck before Naruto even realized he was there. And he knows how Naruto fights.

Kabuto vs Naruto would be nice to see again, because I don't think Kabuto would underestimate him at all this time and really pull out all the stops.

Weilun
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:41 PM
This episode rock balls~ hmmm..would u guys share ur opinion on which fanusb grp u prefer ? DB or AonE ?

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:15 PM
They are both really the same, if you watching anime to find out what fansub did the worst job on, then pack up your backs and get out i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif J/k but really they are both alike, they might have different translations, as we all do for words that we want to define in the english dictionary. Picture quality, id say Aone, but thats my personal opinion, please no one go on about "NO MAN YOUR WRONG, DB HAS THE BEST" and so forth.

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:21 PM
My only concern with AonE is the occasional odd translation.
like "coercion-ness", but whatever. What ANBU sasuke said was right, it really don't matter.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Naruto did NOT beat Kabuto. He landed one single hit (with his best attack to boot) which Kabuto recovered from only moments later. Idiots.

Actually Kabuto thought he had minimized the damage of the rasengan but he spat out blod and couldnt move as Naruto couldnt iether.

It was pretty clear that the fight was draw mostly cause Kabuto understimated him so much.

The new akatsuki guys look so lame with the colors they used on him,i remember him when i saw in the manga thought he looked so cool but in this ep..... i didnt expect him to look this bad.

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-15-2005, 07:48 PM
...yeah, but Kabuto did recover moments later, as terra said. One person nearly died at the end of that fight, and it wasn't kabuto. I think Naruto lost, but as far as hitting Kabuto w/the rasengan, that was kick-ass. Just goes to show that even a Jounin can be beaten by minor things (like underestimating, being caught by his grasp).

If he fights again, I bet kakashi's gonna be the one to finally beat Kabuto.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-16-2005, 04:23 AM
I dunno, from what I've seen of Jounin, I don't really know if they are still weaker than Sasuke and Naruto when they are using all their bizarr gifts.

I mean, probably the best example of a Jounin fight we've seen so far was the various Leaf Jounin against Itachi and pal, and frankly, they just weren't that impressive. I realize Itachi is rediculously powerful, but you'd think that would make them use they're best powers even MORE.

But no, Kurenai can turn invisible and make illusions, Asuma can't seem to to ANYTHING but try and cut people.

So far, all the actual evidence in the series shows that Sasuke and Naruto are stronger now than any of the Jounin they've bothered to introduce. I realize that this is probably not the case, but so far there is no PROOF. Sure, Kakashi is probably godly awsome, but theres absolutely no evidence of that yet. As cool as he is, Kakashi has rather sucked in every fight he's been in so far in the series.

So until they show us Kakashi being awsome, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick with the fact that, aside from the Sannin, Itachi and the Third, no one has displayed more power than Sasuke and Naruto just did in the series yet.

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-16-2005, 05:32 AM
true...

Kovash
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by: Edort4
Kakashi was inside mist very worried about sasuke and naruto fighting a very strong opponent, and at that time of the history fights were less ficticious, to make a crappy summoning of 6 dogs he needed 2 minutes a scroll, his blood on the opponent and a lot of hand seals. Now he summons in a blink of an eye.
I just have to say, the summoning he did on Zabuza was different to the summoning he's done otherwise. The reason for the scroll was so that the dogs knew what scent to follow (he wiped his blood - for the contract AND scent - on the scroll) - THEN the had to make sure they were summoned into the ground to burst out where Zabuza was (this is why he didn't just summon them where he was standing and let them sniff him - Zabuza would have known they were comming - hence the need for the scroll).

Otherwise, he's only needed blood for the contract which he's put on his hand and the seals which (as we have seen are pulled off VERY fast - they are only slowed down so we know what they are doing.)

And now for something on Topic - If Haku is so much stronger than Kakashi... why did he suicide by jumping in the way of Kakashi's attack? why didn't he just use his superior strength and ability to stop him? Plus we have to consider that at that time, Kakashi wasn't even at his top form - he mentions during his cliff training that he's let himself go - whereas Haku was going all out.

Oh, and something esle - Naruto is a great ninja, not the best, but he's not the blithering idiot people make him out to be. He's masterd 1 Jounin level skill, and reinvented 1 Sannin level skill, and neither require the Kyuubi to use. Without the Kyuubi, he'd STILL be pretty good, even with low-grade Chakra control.

Kirakun
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:30 PM

Stop taking a cartoon so serious. No need to start trashing other people because they make a mistake.

Mut
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:33 PM
If you make a mistake on this forum, you better be ready to get torn a new asshole.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by: Kirakun

Stop taking a cartoon so serious. No need to start trashing other people because they make a mistake.

If they make stupid mistakes like that one then yes.
Also, you may tell me what to do and not when you have been here a few years more. And even then I won't listen. Teehee.

Rek
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:10 PM
awh terra, your so angsty and rebellious. You should be shot ^^! you really shouldn't make new people cry like that, its mut's job and we really are not facing over population issues anymore.

EDIT: to stay on topic: I for one absolutly adore sasuke's new wings, and his new look, its fantastic. and I'm gonna rewatch the episode.

NEXT EDIT:
[b]
HOLY SHIT!! REWATCH the episode! The last attack wasn't even close to matching. Naruto releases the Rasengan last minute. The scratch on his forehead protector is from narutos fingernail. If you look at it, if the rasengan was on, Sasuke wouldn't have a face! Sorry about being so excited. Terra is a hoe!

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:04 AM
...wtf?

Jessper
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:16 AM
...wtf?

I was thinking the same thing rofl. I thought it was fairly obvious that it wasn't Rasengan but what ever =)

Sam98034
Tue, 05-17-2005, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

So until they show us Kakashi being awsome

yeah....I can't wait for kakashi to start being awesome and cool. Sakura and Kakashi should be in a crappy, uncool league of their own.

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I'll assume that's sarcasm. 0.o

FrostBiteAS
Wed, 05-18-2005, 12:07 AM
kakashi is a fucking ledgend dude, what gives u the idea that he in a "crappy league of their own"

Roko
Wed, 05-18-2005, 01:11 AM
AonE (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE%5D_Naruto_134_%5BFFCD8EEC%5D.avi.torrent) version is out. ^^

Regarding the ep itself, I didn't like the battle. Chidori and Rasengan should have gone straight on, not Sasuke aiming at Naruto's chest and Naruto aiming at Sasuke's head at the last second.

Edit: Gomen, Wrong Thread. XD

Stoopider
Wed, 05-18-2005, 06:12 AM
Darn. The whiny bitches face could have had a hole in it.

Kirakun
Wed, 05-18-2005, 06:58 AM

Originally posted by: Kirakun

If they make stupid mistakes like that one then yes.
Also, you may tell me what to do and not when you have been here a few years more. And even then I won't listen. Teehee.

That's not something I would be bragging about personally. But, whatever, to each their own....

Destroyor
Wed, 05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
You are all fools, some prettier then others.

1. Haku is not stronger then Kakashi
2. There is no "lv 2" Kyuubi mode
3. Naruto and Sasuke are not homosexual.
4. Naruto lost because the plot demands it, AND because the idiot took like 5 million hits from Sasuke BEFORE going kyuubi mode. Given that Naruto could never handle kyuubi's true power in the first place, a damage container losing to lv 2 curse seal is not surprising, nor does this suggest in any way lv 2 curse seal > kyuubi.
5. And yeah the anime fight suck.

XanBcoo
Wed, 05-18-2005, 10:09 PM
add this too:

6. Ninjas can't "sense" power levels

About the "lvl 2" kyuubi mode, it's easy to refer to it as that. If you've got a better sounding substitute, then let's have it.

unikko
Thu, 05-19-2005, 12:29 AM
was the name of the song towards the end where sasuke starts walkin after "killing" naruto and he starts havin flashbacks.....guitar type theme

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sat, 05-21-2005, 08:15 AM
The Akatsuki member in the end looked alot like the Kazekage...
That's what I first thought when I saw him.

That's why I started thinking that he's maybe a Sand Ninja...
And I also think that there were 2 of 'em right there.
Why else would he say, It's become quite interesting.
And then say: Yeah.

???

FireFox
Wed, 05-25-2005, 04:40 AM
The reason Naruto lost is because he was fighting his friend. remember that his weakness is his "heart", not his physical heart. If Naruto took that battle seriously, and aimed to kill sasuke, it would have been over. However, he was holding himself back the entire time.

Also, For you people saying that naruto lost because he sucks as a ninja:

A) he learned , almost entirely by himself, how to use Rasengan, a high level attack of a hokage. he also learned Shadow replication, also a high level attack, in a short period of time. now that hokage was refered to as the genius. Naruto acts like an idiot, but obviously he isn't one.

b) though he's not a tactical genius like shikamaru, naruto has show, on many ocaisions, quick thinking. like when he made the whirlpool in the water.

ChaosK
Wed, 05-25-2005, 08:13 PM
pretty well said, i dont think sasuke is any better of a ninja than naruto, now what would happen if they faught normally? as in no cursed seal and no kyubi? sasuke is 1 of those idiots that look down on naruto and then get the biggest shock when they're beaten by naruto... (the rooftop)