PDA

View Full Version : The Best Game

SK
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:38 AM
i say The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was THE best game ever. now flame me.

GLS
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games, as well.

But my favorite game ever, even though it wasnt really long, is Metal Gear Solid 1.

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Very subjective topic which in my opinion cannot be argued......

For me the game I love the most would be: Final Fantasy X

Assertn
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:16 AM
the game i've probably spent the most hours of my life playing.........
super smash bros melee

Mut
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:21 AM
I knew your gay ass would say that.

This one time I was playing Super Smash Bros Melee, but it wasn't that good so I threw it out the window and a condor swooped it away.

Assertn
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:37 AM
damn.....that is one LUCKY condor

Turkish-S
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Diablo 2 lod damn that was addicting

Y
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Metal Gear Solid 3 or Metal Gear Solid.

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Metal Gear Solid 3 or Metal Gear Solid.

I spent an entire night getting those darn Kerotan frogs. But getting the stealth item makes it worth the effort. Now I can do a lot more things to the guards, like standing straight in their face and throwing a cobra on them.

kAi
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Metal Gear Solid for sure, I loved that game.

Itachi_y2k5
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:49 AM
1st - Zelda: Ocarina of time
2nd - Halo
3rd - Final Fantasy X

SK
Wed, 05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
goldeneye is a really good game too.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 05-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Anyone here ever play metal gear for the gameboy color. Easily one of the most underapprechiated games of all time. It's kinda bizzare, plays like MGS only set in an alternate timeline with completly new characters and original story. Very good though comes highly recommended.

Aeon
Wed, 05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
The best game is always the current season of Madden, it's the only game that I can play yr round till the next version comes out.

NM
Wed, 05-11-2005, 02:49 PM
My two favorite games that I think are the best equally are Final Fantasy IX and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Both had the best stories, great graphics, and good gameplay.

I'm also a fan of MGS though. MGS3 is definetly the best in the series so far. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

complich8
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Madden???? wtf ...

yeah, umm ... I don't quite know how to say this gently ... so I'll just say it bluntly. Madden games are HORRIBLE. There's graphics and play control improvement from generation to generation, but it's still just another sports game, and just another rehash of last year's. How can you not get tired of that?

I mean ... cripes!

More on topic ... best game ever? It's hard to take a good perspective ... there's so much stuff that's still shiny and new now that bumps older "classic" stuff off the list. I think my favorites lately are RE4, DMC3, and MGS3. But I can't really honestly say that they're better than other classic stuff like FFX, FFIV, FFVI, DMC1, War3, Diablo2. Farcry looks awesome (on a high end system anyway), and doom3 looks awesome, and halflife 2 is incredible, but they're still too new for me to be able to comfortably say they're absolutely better than everything else out there. They're still digesting, ya know?

SK
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:53 PM
yup. and i forgot warcraft 2 and 3, i had hours of fun with those games.

Y
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
Madden???? wtf ...

?

Gaming entertainment is totally subjective.

Board of Command
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:39 PM
FF7. Nothing else I've played even come close to the experience I had with FF7. FF8 started off pretty promising, then collapsed.

Jessper
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
FF7. Nothing else I've played even come close to the experience I had with FF7. FF8 started off pretty promising, then collapsed.

Have you played Xenogears?

It is hard to say which game was THE best. I can't decide =\

kooshi
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd say either Starcraft or Warcraft III (well, in terms of strategy games anyways). I just loved those two games to death, especially with my brother and my cousin on a team and ripping apart almost any other team.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by: Jessper
Have you played Xenogears?
Seems lots of people are talking about Xenogears. Strangely, I've never heard of it till I came to GW. Well, due to the overwhelming acclaim, Xenogears is on its way i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

complich8
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:51 AM
it's great, until disk 2. Then the whole storytelling method falls apart -- instead of telling the story with action, there's a whole lot of the 2 central characters sitting in a chair, narrating the events that happened, punctuated by fairly easy boss battles.

I wish I were kidding. The first 40-60 hours of the game are AWESOME. Great battle system that's quite engaging, good pacing, etc. Then disk 2, and it's like xenosaga all over again (except that it predates xenosaga, significantly).

Great music though :-p. How can you not love Yasunori Mitsuda?

Psyke
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:49 AM
I loved the music in Xenogears and even bought it's OST. But somehow I felt that the game itself was a little bit over rated, with people all over the net giving it insanely high scores for reviews and claims that it's the best RPG ever. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Okyd
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh my...

I have a few.. They are the games I played the most, the ones after a few months... I was Still playing.. even years after:

C&C: Red alert. (When I was a wee lad)
NexusTK: Kingdon of the Winds
StarCraft + Exp
Diablo2 + Exp
HalfLife (NOT CS!! )

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:54 PM
soul calibur 1

TruthofMistake
Wed, 05-18-2005, 06:08 PM
1. Perfect Dark/Goldeneye- to me these games are one and the same the multiplayer was godly at the time and since my friend is better at these sorts of games then anyone iv ever met i got damn good to and then wed team up and get perfect scores against all our other friends i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
2. Final Fantasy X- god i have more then 300 hours logged on my save and i still enjoy it blitzball is good enough so that, if they made a game that was just blitzball, id buy it.... ff X-2 sucked ass though imo
3. World of Warcraft- since iv purchased this game my skin has gotten steadily paler and iv been negelecting my non-wowobsessed friends
4. Halo- eh just a newer version of perfect dark/goldeneye to me i only play it for the multi the story can go to hell as far as im concerned it was boring and easy

Board of Command
Wed, 05-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Damn it, Xenogears looks INDESCRIBABLY TERRIBLE when emulated. Guess I'll put it aside for now.

ChaosK
Wed, 05-18-2005, 07:53 PM
kingdom hearts was awsome

Y
Wed, 05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Damn it, Xenogears looks INDESCRIBABLY TERRIBLE when emulated. Guess I'll put it aside for now.

It'll look worse on your PS1. Come on, get over the graphics.

Board of Command
Wed, 05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
No it looks fine on PSX because that's the way it's supposed to look. When emulated, it does not look the way it's meant to. The sprites look really screwed up. I've seen PSX screenshots and it looks nothing like those.

jeffreysuk
Thu, 05-19-2005, 12:05 AM
wow im so surprised noone said CS...
anyways, so yah, counter-strike - -
FF7 too

Strider
Thu, 05-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
kingdom hearts was awsome

I thought I was going to be the only one to mention this game. Kingdom Hearts was a great game, and I cannot wait for the second.

A game that I'll never forget - Super Mario Bros. 3. That game was mind-blowing upon it's release, and I still play it on my Gameboy. I remember watching the movie Wizard when I was very young, and getting chills when the end debuted Super Mario Bros. 3. True classic.

Like others, I also enjoy the first Metal Gear Solid. I own three, but I have not honestly put aside time to play it. After all these recommendations, I'll probably allot some time to it this weekend.

More great games would be Strider 2, with the bonus disc of the original Arcade Strider. Excellent 2D platform, merged with 3D rendered backgrounds. Beautiful. And, who doesn't love Strider [Hiryu]?

Xenogears and Final Fantasy X also go down as the best RPGs I've ever played. Like someone mentioned earlier in this topic, the first disc to Xenogears is exceptional and cannot be topped. However, the second disc is mostly narration and story telling of events through the Xenosaga era, alongside fairly easy battles. Final Fantasy X .. Ugh, I've got about 400 hours on that game, in attempt to gain the "Perfect Sphere Grid," with nothing but the highest spheres in all the slots so that all characters have Maximum Statistics. Fighting that damn Shinryuu for those items to get the characters Break HP Limit though is tedious, and normally puts me to sleep after only acquiring so few of 'em. Plus, Blitzball really is fun as hell.

I still play Marvel v. Capcom 2, though. I absolutely love that game. So much so I bought a cabinet of the first Arcade Machine. Most of my gaming time goes to both parts of that: the arcade machine and part two on the PS2.

I want to get a Pacman cabinet. That's the epitome of classic greatness.

// Strider. Out.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 05-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
i say The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was THE best game ever. now flame me.

That is 100% correct in all its subjective glory. No other game did as good job of immersing me into its world. My favorite temples were the forest temple and the spirit temple. The music was so fitting, so haunting. The controls were perfection, made me believe in nintendo's gay controller design. And its just sooo much fun. One thing that bothered me though is master quest. It was supposed to be harder, but it didn't get truly harder until the Ganon's castle, at which point it was much harder in the extreme, but still not hard...if you get my drift.

Kovash
Wed, 05-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Final Fantasy 3/6 - Greatest, Classic RPG adventure of all time.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Perfect come-down from FF3/6
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Held me in my high until a better game came out
Tales of Pantasia - Blew Seiken out of the water, though didn't quite come to par with FF3/6
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Story was boorish, but the game itself kept me entertained.
Tales of Symphonia - Jaw dropped, the only reason this game was better than FF3/6 was because of the battle system and the better graphics.

I went through a FF phase, hoping something would compare to 3/6. 7 was ok, 8 was decent, 9 was better and I havn't played any others (I don't own a Playstation and has to borrow a friends) Alas, nothing has, I suggest all you people who loved ANY FF other than 3/6 go and play 3/6. Do it!

kooshi
Wed, 05-25-2005, 10:37 PM
From the FF games (in Japanese numbering), I've only played 1, 4 - 8, and X2. I would say that 6 would be the best out of the ones I've played so far. Damn, always wanted to play X...
As for the Zelda games, my favorite is Link to the Past (SNES). Somehow, I didn't really enjoy Ocarina of Time as many people would. It just doesn't.... play as fun as LttP.
Also, Seiken Densetsu 3, awesome game. I thought that Secret of Mana was great until I played SD3 with the class upgrades while being able to choose 3 unique characters out of 6. Always room for different storylines.

Deblas
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by: kooshi
From the FF games (in Japanese numbering), I've only played 1, 4 - 8, and X2. I would say that 6 would be the best out of the ones I've played so far. Damn, always wanted to play X...

Play 7. You won't regret it.

edit below: My bad.

kooshi
Thu, 05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
I have played 7. That's why I did "4 - 8", meaning that I played 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. I still think 6 is the best out of the ones I played.

Samanosuke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:08 AM
http://www.gamingbliss.com/games/unsorted/nox.jpg
http://www.dpluss.nl/nox.jpg
best multiplayer ever.

SK
Thu, 05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
never heard of it, maybe ill download.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 01:40 PM
its called NOX?

Motteh
Thu, 06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
hmmm best game

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was awesome (apart from the water temple where virtually everyone got stuck the first time around)
Metroid Prime - simply loved the way they put the 2d metroid feel in 3d on the NGC
Final Fantasy 2 - 3/6 and 7 with 7 clearly being my fav, the cutscenes just add nicely to the drama, only the ending sucked imo

and the classic Blizzard Warcraft series, Starcraft and ofcourse Diablo (both I and II)

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
So difficult to choose one game out of all the ones I've played as my all time favorite. If I had to base it on replay value I'd say warcraft III. Probably the most fun and addicting game I've ever pla yed. Hell i'd be playing it now if it were'nt for the fact that I'm to lazy to reinstall it on my computer. God I don't even want to think about all the hours I've poured into it.

Paulyboy
Fri, 06-03-2005, 12:41 AM
These are my best games

1. Final Fantasy 3 - 1st RPG I ever played
2. Final Fantasy 7- Very best rpg that im still hooked on (just basically the whole FF series)
3. Diablo 1 and 2
4. Wild Arms 2- Loved that game so much, loved the whole battle system where you can turn into a kick-ass knight, and the storyline was great.
5 Dual Orb 2- Classic old SNES
6. Romancing Saga 3- Another old SNES

Some others I forgot i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ChaosK
Fri, 06-03-2005, 05:45 PM
1. FF7
2. FF9
3. Kingdom hearts
4. Zelda orcrina of time (the revived version is awsome)
5. hmm....i guess i ran out, not often you find a good game...oh wait Star Ocean 3 was pretty good (what i've played so far)

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Revived version? What do you mean revived version? I remember a master's quest that came out, but revived version?

Itachi_y2k5
Sat, 06-04-2005, 03:35 AM
i think he meant the extra disk that came with wind waker

ChaosK
Sun, 06-05-2005, 02:01 PM
yeah thats what i mean.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 06-05-2005, 04:42 PM
1. Ocarania of Time of course
2. Starcraft was one of my big favs
3. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!
4. Kingdom Hearts
5. Micheal Jackson's Moon Walker

Edit: I also like Madden (for XBOX XD)
and the ORIGINAL Mech Assault, I hate the new one.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-05-2005, 05:27 PM
original mechassault?? you prolly mean mechwarrior

Hakeem_21
Sun, 06-05-2005, 08:08 PM
1. Metal Gear Solid 3-even though we dont control the real Snake its the best game i have played .

2. Devil May Cry 3 cause its better than DMC1 who have been my fav action games until i played DMC3.

3. Pro Evolution Soccer 4-the best sport game ever.