PDA

View Full Version : Convention Season

Def_X
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:51 AM
As many know convention season is here/almost here. And from the link in my sig you can see I have and interest in them^^. Just wanted to know how geeky the forum is. I'm going to go to AX (Anime-Expo) in Anaheim. Planning to go as wizard from angelic layer. Also going to go as Sashi from Abenobashi.

What cons are you going to? Are you Cosplaying?

SK
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:35 AM
ive never been to one before but i would like to go, just to buy stuff. also i heard some have art workshops with some professional artists there, id like to do that.

Def_X
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah and you get to hear about all the newly licensed anime. (Boo! I mean Yay.) Last year I got to meet the guy who made Ragnarok. They also have semi-constant screening of animes you can just sleep in one o the rooms with something in the background. Slept in front of Last Exile for about 2 hours last year^^. Also if youre a tiny fan of AMVs it's really fun to go to the competition that most any con will have.

Lefty
Wed, 05-11-2005, 03:08 PM
I tend to stay away from cons. I get to have too much fun pissing off all the little kids that hink they know their shit. Parents hate me, and teen otakus want me dead. Nuff said.

Eurasian
Wed, 05-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by: Def_X
Yeah and you get to hear about all the newly licensed anime. (Boo! I mean Yay.) Last year I got to meet the guy who made Ragnarok. They also have semi-constant screening of animes you can just sleep in one o the rooms with something in the background. Slept in front of Last Exile for about 2 hours last year^^. Also if youre a tiny fan of AMVs it's really fun to go to the competition that most any con will have.

you met him too..me too XD
i'm going to animeexpo as well..so yay!!

i want to go to otakon but i'll have to fly there. I wanna go to check out the music...there's always some really good band performing..like last year!!!

AfroMain
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm afraid I'll have to go to one of the more low-bodget affairs... Anime Mid-Atlantic (AMA to those in the know) in good ol' Richmond, VA. I do enjoy the conventions alot because you get to see lots of crazy people doing crazy , crazy things. And Also theres the videogame tournaments. Oh, and anime of course. ANyway, I anybody goes (which I doubt) I'll be the guy with the afro.

Def_X
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I gotta ask, how big is your afro?

AfroMain
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:58 PM
ASTRONOMICAL. Actually, I guess its about 6-7 inches. And its the shiznite. Any ideas on who I could cosplay as (if I were to do so?) that has an afro (not too many anime characters with afros).

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-14-2005, 02:15 PM
you can go as Matsushiro Ken from Yakitate Japan.

http://1st.cn-comic.com/upload_img/0410/poster_200410141410488250.jpg
www.theslayer.com.br/imagens/mangas2/yaki2.gif

You'll seriously be unstopable, he's like the strongest bread-maker there is, except maybe the main villian, whoever he may be.

Edit: I fucking hate posting images, it never comes out noramally, so I have to edit it five times to get it clear, fuckin' hate it.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 05-15-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm also going to Anime Expo. I went there for the first time last year, and really enjoyed it, so I'll be taking a trip down to CA again to go to AX ^_^

KitKat
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I might be going to Anime North in Toronto again this year. Maybe. Conventions are alright, but some of the people there really scare me.

KameronFrye
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm working on my Renji for Anime Weekend Atlanta in September. Hair's long enough, it's a matter of making a Zabimaru that doesn't violate all sorts of weird weapons policies that Cobb Galleria has.

Def_X
Thu, 06-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
I'm also going to Anime Expo. I went there for the first time last year, and really enjoyed it, so I'll be taking a trip down to CA again to go to AX ^_^

Hey i'll see you there^^. Gonna cosplay?

Originally posted by: AfroMain
ASTRONOMICAL. Actually, I guess its about 6-7 inches. And its the shiznite. Any ideas on who I could cosplay as (if I were to do so?) that has an afro (not too many anime characters with afros).

It depends on your skin color but if your light then you could go as Spike from bebbop. He has a nice fro going.

AfroMain
Thu, 06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Hmm...I think I could do the manager for Yakitate...all I'd have to do is wear a small black tee and some aviators. And he is the man. And I'd have an excuse to disco-dance

LionRawr
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:47 PM
If you've got an afro, you totally should go as Nabeshin! (http://www.mythdragon.com/nabeshin.gif) from Excel Saga. Now, that is a badass with a 'fro.

Plus, he's pretty easy with the suit jacket, slacks, and skinny tie. Now, being able to pull out assault rifles outta your afro may get complicated...