PDA

View Full Version : Bleach VS Naruto

AnimePunk
Tue, 05-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey! I would have to say Naruto.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
and why would you say that?
i mean beside the fact you're a complete asshole.

note: the said above is only the opinions of this particular user, it does not reflect whay other users may think.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Can't compare them yet, Naruto is currently about 100 eps longer; and I read the Naruto manga (not the Bleach one). So naturally I'll have to say Naruto. It will probably stay that way too unless Bleach proves to be full of innovations... Naruto is just too established. Also, it depends a bit on how much Naruto will use Hinata in the future. The less she appears, the greater the chance of Naruto staying on top. If she becomes useful, I'll also immeaditely convert to Bleach on fulltime.

Hinata sucks.

Knives122
Tue, 05-10-2005, 08:09 PM
she isnt that bad terra, if you hate her so much why dont you make a Adventure of Sakon thing that revolves around the five(seven if you count Oro and Kabuto) beating the shit out of Hinata

and I like Bleach more, somewhat of a more compelling story

SK
Tue, 05-10-2005, 09:26 PM
naruto, it seems more original to me. bleach is cool though.

Mut
Tue, 05-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I enjoy them both equally.

Kardiva
Tue, 05-10-2005, 10:19 PM
i think its hard to compare them yet, but i dont think bleach will ever get as good as naruto.

complich8
Tue, 05-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I like the recent string of decent fights in Naruto, but to be honest I don't like its tendency to do things in flashbacks.

Bleach has good pacing, because they're not constantly doing episode-long flashbacks. The characters are fairly straightforward, and they undergo direct growth as time passes, visibly.

Think about it ... Sasuke has been carrying around his angsty bitchiness for like half a decade or more, and he's bitching about how it's suddenly a big deal and wasn't last week. Sakura and Ino had a grudge going back to when they were both like 7. Naruto has always been lonely and angsty, except that he's also always had friends around him, and a guy acting like his dad. Kakashi ... well ... why couldn't he just stay mysterious? Seriously?

No, we've gotta create characters with "depth" instead of personality. Make aspects of their personalities that can only be explained by history, and then go back and show us the history. It's a hamfisted device that Kishimoto FAR overuses in Naruto, to justify his poor planning. Hell, when he dreamed up kakashi and gave him Sharingan, he probably hadn't decided HOW he got it, only that he somehow had it. (There's also a lot of other evidence of poor planning in Naruto, if you want to look for it).

Bleach lacks the poor planning aspect. It tells its stories on the stage, without jumping around in time to give us backdrop. The longest flashbacks we've seen in Bleach are maybe 2 minutes. Further, there was a lot of early setup ... foreshadowing upcoming revelations, rather than making the revelation and then trying to explain it. This indicates a solid competence in storyline planning ... something that Naruto would have benefitted from 100 episodes ago.

While I enjoy both, I have to say I recognize that Bleach is, if nothing else, a better told story than Naruto.

kAi
Tue, 05-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Really close, but I think Bleach is in the lead.

I read and watch the manga and anime for them both.

They both have an interesting story, and badass characters.
Take Zaraki Kenpachi for example, complete badass!

Blackops: You know nothing Gin is a snivelling little bitch, Kenpachi would kick his ass.

Black ops
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Kenpachi.... bah..... all about Ichimaru Gin!!! He is so cool. I've started my anime fansubs with Bleach. First fansub I watched. Then Naruto. While I must say I like Naruto. I just like Bleach cause I watched it first. Both Shonen but its just yea. I saw it first.

Psyke
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Bleach is much more light hearted and funnier to me, but if I'd really had to choose I'll still pick Naruto over Bleach. I'm quite fed up with having to wait for the anime so I've started to read the Bleach manga. Not as funny as the anime but still good.

Roko
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:04 AM
hard to say. too early to decide, esp since i only read the naruto manga, and not the bleach one. I like them both

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 05-11-2005, 04:18 AM
they're tied for me they both have their sucky and kick ass moments

DDBen
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Being I've read both Manga's and seen all episodes of both I'd have to place Bleach ahead of Naruto. The real reason being that with Naruto they have constantly been inserting events that don't really work with the rest of the story. This goes with say the movie as well as the filler archs where the events just have absolutely no place at all in the story.

Given in time this could change with Bleach however because Bleach is directly told as a continuous set of events as opposed to Naruto which is told in random missions. I just don't see a single point in the Naruto storyline where say the Movie could take place. Its based on an A ranked mission which they established they would not send 3 genins on. Also as mentioned flashbacks are flat out abused in Naruto a 3 episode flashback of why Sasuke would suddenly fight Naruto and how they have always been best friends completely out of the blue is detrimental to the flow of the story. Also the fact that Naruto is always hanging out with the same group of other kids Shinkamaru, Chouji and Kiba usually, really really hurts his case of knowing how it is to be truely lonely. He has always had friends in his class as well as growing up with a father figure.

kooshi
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Bleach vs Naruto... such a difficult choice. Both have their ups and downs in the anime and manga, so I'd have to stay on equal grounds.

DDBen
Wed, 05-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm more then a little curious now what are the downs of Bleach?

PSJ
Wed, 05-11-2005, 01:54 PM
as i read both mangas i have to say that they are pretty equal. tho bleach can be a little more badass which is awesome.

miaka
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:10 PM
i choose naruto.. Bleach.. for a while.. had no real central plot(now it does.. saving rukia..) but don't know how it's gonna go from there..

and bleach is too light hearted.. i mean they are in serious situation.. (in a "mission impossible" to save rukia.. and it's still not really serious.. )

actually.. for the pacing.. i think bleach is slower than naruto.. naruto just have flash backs and those are prob because of the catching up with manga.. but i m sure bleach is gonna suffer as well.. with catching up with manga.. if it's going to be long..

as in bleach recent episodes just dealt with them fighhting the low ppl.. . when there are many captain and numerous lieutenant.. i consider that well.. slow pace

Grim smile
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:48 PM
I have to say Naruto. i dont know what bleach is...
heh i need to study

Y
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
If you don't know what it is, how did you compare them? Jesus.

Grim smile
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:03 PM
thats why i dident dumbass.
did i ever say anything along the lines of.

"ive never seen Bleach but it sounds gay. Naruto is better"

Mut
Wed, 05-11-2005, 09:04 PM
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/103/topic3cz.png

Originally posted by: Grim smile
heh i need to study

One post later...

Crows_Kill
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/103/topic3cz.png

heh i need to study

One post later...

Yup, he danked himself on that one.

On topic: I like em both, naruto has a better plot and more devoleped story line and world, but bleach has better pacing and action. I just know I salivate for em both each week, so im glad I dont have to really choose.
Here's an interesting addition to the topic- which one do you think is going to last longer, from now on? naruto has allready gone 250+ chapters, and shows no sign of slowing, but it's reaching critical mass for a manga or anime- most dont last more than 2-3 years, with dbz and yurasei yatsura (and ranma, another rumikwork) being exceptions. How much longer can it last? Bleach just seems to be starting, the anime is on its second season, I believe, and will be starting a third, with the manga still very popular- do think it can have the same staying power naruto has shown?

DDBen
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: miaka
i choose naruto.. Bleach.. for a while.. had no real central plot(now it does.. saving rukia..) but don't know how it's gonna go from there..

and bleach is too light hearted.. i mean they are in serious situation.. (in a "mission impossible" to save rukia.. and it's still not really serious.. )

actually.. for the pacing.. i think bleach is slower than naruto.. naruto just have flash backs and those are prob because of the catching up with manga.. but i m sure bleach is gonna suffer as well.. with catching up with manga.. if it's going to be long..

as in bleach recent episodes just dealt with them fighhting the low ppl.. . when there are many captain and numerous lieutenant.. i consider that well.. slow pace

Definatly not a Manga reader i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif the fact is bleach has a very well written plot and everything that happens in it has a reason the fact is they simply haven't explained those reasons just yet and its a long way off before they will. Its the foreshadowing Naruto lacks. Naruto generally seems like he doesn't plan ahead at all beyond the current arch and as a writter he just continues the parts the fans seem most interested in. While this is alright it also leaves TONS of plot holes. For instance why introduce Anko and just toss her aside and the fact that most every major fight is explained by flashbacks that do not involve what has actually taken place in the series.

kooshi
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Heh, I can just imagine how much further the anime + manga would be if it weren't for the flashbacks, like how they showed Zaku's past when he was gonna get no air time after his fight with Shino.

Spawn of Mr.Satan
Thu, 05-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Can't compare them yet, Naruto is currently about 100 eps longer; and I read the Naruto manga (not the Bleach one). So naturally I'll have to say Naruto. It will probably stay that way too unless Bleach proves to be full of innovations... Naruto is just too established. Also, it depends a bit on how much Naruto will use Hinata in the future. The less she appears, the greater the chance of Naruto staying on top. If she becomes useful, I'll also immeaditely convert to Bleach on fulltime.

Hinata sucks.

I would have to say Naruto at this point. I am just more addicted to Naruto than Bleach. I anticipate the next Naruto episodes way more. BTW, I love Hinata! i want to see more of her character in the show. Hopefully Naruto will use Hinata more often. I would personally like to see it happen. She may be shy and insecure but i like that in a female character, plus she's cute and she has a bloodline limit. Hinata kicks ass.

basey44
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:20 AM
this is a hard one, ive read the mangas for both, and i say id go with the naruto anime even if it does have its dodgey points, and the bleach manga, fights and stuff are just portrayed so much better in the manga than whats been in the anime so far, in the anime the fights just seem so static, theres no fluiency to them

complich8
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:47 AM
you know, I just watched the latest eps of each.

And I have to say, Naruto's big fight finale was interesting and all. But not great. Not "I want to make a sound but I'm not sure what sound to make" great.

Bleach's fight just this latest episode ... Ichigo and Abarai's "big fight finale" was a LOT more exciting. I guess because it flows better, and because ... while I know they're not going to kill off ichigo (and part of me hopes they don't kill off Abarai either, because I sorta like him as a character), just like I know they're not going to kill off either Naruto or Sasuke, the action in bleach just has a lot more tension. And there's not tedious mid-fight 3 episode long flashbacks either.

I dunno, maybe Naruto V. Gaara and Sandaime V. Orochimaru was a solid fight and all, but the pacing, the switching back and forth between fights totally killed the mood, I think.

Mae
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Since I'm bored....

Comedy: Bleach definately wins here, mainly because it's actually funny. Sexy-no-jutsu is only funny so many times. Like once.

Action: I'd have to go with Naruto here. The battles are more creative, and are often based on more than just pure power. There are tricks and traps, use of the environment (leeches in the forest of death, Shika's use of the shadows around him), teamwork, and the way someone's unique abilities match with their opponent's (Lee vs Kimi was very different from Gaara vs Kimi). So far Bleach is almost always one vs one, and it seems like individual power and agility are what matters most. That, and a really big sword...

Drama: Naruto again. While this series can go overboard on the flashbacks it's nice that all the characters have their own stories and motivation. I like the variying themes of revenge (Sasuke, Neji), redemption (Tsunande), lust for power (Oro), sacrifice (Sarutobi), and longing for acceptance (Naruto, Hinata, Gaara). So far Bleach is mainly "let's save our friend!", and while this is a tried and true story line, it's just not as interesting.

Characters: While I like Ichigo, some of his friends fall flat. And Naruto has the cute factor, so Naruto it is.

Setting: Naruto. This series has a well-defined world with different countries and alliances, well-organized pseudo-military groups, and rules about how chakra works that are usually followed. Bleach is a lot more vague. What is spiritual power? Where do shinigami come from? What do they actually DO (besides fighting hollows)? And what is up with the afterlife? People go to ancient Japanese-style villages after they die and just, um, hang out?

So, overall I'd have to go with Naruto. Although to be fair Bleach is just starting, and it has a lot of room for improvement.

Kardiva
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
well said. i agree mostly with what you said about the characters, at least for right now. now that we're getting to know the death gods its a little more interesting, but ichigos friends are not as interesting as naruto's. anyway, its gonna be nice to see bleach play out, hopefully it reaches the same amount of eps as naruto so we can acurately compare them.

"And what is up with the afterlife? People go to ancient Japanese-style villages after they die and just, um, hang out?"

haha yea, they need to dedicate half an episode to explaining whats up with that.

SK
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:21 AM
im really liking bleach, im up to ep 21 now, but it seems kind of like yu yu hakusho. rukia and that guy he calls slipper hat are the shit.

Takuma
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:12 AM
I deffinatly have to say Bleach. Bleach had good useful flashbacks while naruto has some also but they completely abuse it. Also I guess I am kinda of tired of naruto now. If this comparesion was when naruto was at ep 31 also I may have choosen it. I am really loveing bleach though and dyeing every week to see the next. While naruto I can easily wait for the next. I think I am just sick of abusive flashbacks. I just cant handle it when they flashback one ep ago or flash back, flashbacks and delay the action. Plus I really like some of the charcters on bleach.

Xollence
Sun, 05-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Overall I like Naruto better, but I'm not liking the newer episodes. Bleach is good too, but just not as entertaining as Naruto imo.

kooshi
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
Since I'm bored....

Comedy: Bleach definately wins here, mainly because it's actually funny. Sexy-no-jutsu is only funny so many times. Like once.

Action: I'd have to go with Naruto here. The battles are more creative, and are often based on more than just pure power. There are tricks and traps, use of the environment (leeches in the forest of death, Shika's use of the shadows around him), teamwork, and the way someone's unique abilities match with their opponent's (Lee vs Kimi was very different from Gaara vs Kimi). So far Bleach is almost always one vs one, and it seems like individual power and agility are what matters most. That, and a really big sword...

Drama: Naruto again. While this series can go overboard on the flashbacks it's nice that all the characters have their own stories and motivation. I like the variying themes of revenge (Sasuke, Neji), redemption (Tsunande), lust for power (Oro), sacrifice (Sarutobi), and longing for acceptance (Naruto, Hinata, Gaara). So far Bleach is mainly "let's save our friend!", and while this is a tried and true story line, it's just not as interesting.

Characters: While I like Ichigo, some of his friends fall flat. And Naruto has the cute factor, so Naruto it is.

Setting: Naruto. This series has a well-defined world with different countries and alliances, well-organized pseudo-military groups, and rules about how chakra works that are usually followed. Bleach is a lot more vague. What is spiritual power? Where do shinigami come from? What do they actually DO (besides fighting hollows)? And what is up with the afterlife? People go to ancient Japanese-style villages after they die and just, um, hang out?

So, overall I'd have to go with Naruto. Although to be fair Bleach is just starting, and it has a lot of room for improvement.

I agree with some of your points, but I'd just like to put in my views on which I like more.

Comedy: Complete agreement with you. <Bleach>

Action: Complete agreement with you. <Naruto>

Drama: I don't know why, but I just feel that Bleach has a stronger sense of drama than Naruto. Naruto just seems to be saying the same thing over and over again, which just irritates me. In Bleach, it seems to be more realistic to me, so I guess this is probably why the drama is better here. <Bleach>

Characters: Complete agreement with you. <Naruto>

Setting: I don't care much for setting. Both Naruto and Bleach have their own unique settings, IMO. <tie>

Overall, 2v2, so it pretty much said, like in my last post, they're both tied for me.

miaka
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:01 PM
hmm.. looks like lots of people say bleach has well planned plot (foreshadowing.). well i would have to see..

but i see a lot of ppl say naruto doesn't have well planned plot?
i think naruto is well planned.. i mean having naruto learn rasengan, and sasuke chidori. set it up for sasuke vs naruto fight. and naruto totally suprised me with neji and gaara's past.. which explains why they acted as such. before and stuff..

for now there are so much that naruto can touch.. even when they are in like 100+ now.. like kakashi's past, itachi's group, and 4th's fight vs kyuubi, and numerous things..

but with bleach so far.. i dunno i don't really see any more story after saving rukia.. and i hope it doesn't go back to killing a hollow in every episode..

but since bleach only is like 30+ and naruto way above 100.. maybe it's just not fair to compare them at this point..

btw.. mae.. good analysis ^_^

Swee
Tue, 05-17-2005, 03:46 AM
i prefer bleach.. however i still lk naruto.. naruto is abit too draggy.. lots of flashbacks.. while bleach carry on with da story smoothly.. few flashbacks.. action packed too.. but naruto is also an actiion packed anime.. perhaps not as action packed as bleach.. however bleach has onli 31 episodes to dis date.. mayb dere will b lots of flashbacks later the anime? i'm not sure? dis r jus my opinions.. dun get offended ppl.. =D

I'm not going to tell you again, stop writing so poorly. This isn't an AOL chat channel. Read this please. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14910&enterthrea d=y)

GotWoot Moderator

Kardiva
Tue, 05-17-2005, 11:16 PM
^^ good lord. what a wonderful and insightful post...

anyway, i kind of like flashbacks, they help make sense of things. its the only way they can explain things that they couldnt otherwise. oh, and to miaka, i would be just fine without seeing another stupid hollow again in my life. but i think they can come up with something better than a bunch of hollows trying to destroy ichigo's town

TwisT
Wed, 05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
If you go by the manga, i have to say they are even..

If we go by the anime as a whole, i have to say Naruto.. It has 100 episode more..

If we go by the anime where they are right now, i have to say Bleach.. The current Naruto-saga is coming to an end, and many people think there will come a filler saga.. But in Bleach, Ichigo has just begin to fight the big guys.. There is 11(?) vice-captains and 13 Captains to go.. Also there seem's to be something going on in Soul Sociaty right now..

And if i summarize all of those aspects, they are pretty even.. Naruto have it's 100 more episodes with some awsome points (like Lee vs Gaara, Itachi-fights, Zabuza and Haku-fight, Neji-fights, ect) so it do take a slight lead..

But if i only base my opinion on the anime (since this the anime-section) Naruto is much, much better..

Also if you do a fair comparison (episode 1-30 on both series) Naruto also wins bigtime..

Aramis
Wed, 05-18-2005, 02:50 PM
i don't like the setting of bleach. could have gotten so much more out of afterlife, but like someone said, in bleach dead people just become immortal and are tossed in some town to hang out in. wtf?
naruto r winnar!

jing
Thu, 05-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I think Bleach is better. The story to me I think is just better. I'm probably just tired of looking at kids play ninja all day.

DDBen
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: Aramis
i don't like the setting of bleach. could have gotten so much more out of afterlife, but like someone said, in bleach dead people just become immortal and are tossed in some town to hang out in. wtf?
naruto r winnar!

Actually this is incorrect the people in bleach still age just seamingly slower. Also they all need water to survive and it has been stated they can and do kill each other. The whole point in bleach is that there is a balance of souls between soul society and the universe the earth is in. When one dies in either place they end up in the other. When a deathgod kills a hollow it is reborn in soul society as a infant. However if your soul is actually sent by a death god you continue to live out your life until you die one way or another. Those who need to eat are the ones who use spirit energy specifically the death gods or those who train to become one.

This was all explained by horrible drawings done by Rukia.

Note the issue with a Quincy killing a hollow is that the soul is purified and instead of going to soul society it is reborn on earth and thus the birth rate is reduced in soul society.

Aramis
Sun, 05-22-2005, 03:33 AM
okay, kinda forgot about all that.
but i still don't like it and choose naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

complich8
Sun, 05-22-2005, 05:48 AM
I thought the quincy hollow-killing issue was that quincys actually destroyed the souls rather than purifying them, thus actually reducing the total number of souls in existence. At least, that's what I got from the anime explanation ... but it's been a while too =D.

SK
Sun, 05-22-2005, 10:10 AM
i would like to formally change my opinion to liking bleach better than naruto. bleach is the shit. seriously.
btw i took it the same way complich.

Alhuin
Sun, 05-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Currently, Bleach and Naruto are tied for me. When one anime's arc starts picking up, I like that one more than the other... but in the end, they both end up tied. I guess the only thing that will decide which one I like better is the ending.

DDBen
Sun, 05-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
I thought the quincy hollow-killing issue was that quincys actually destroyed the souls rather than purifying them, thus actually reducing the total number of souls in existence. At least, that's what I got from the anime explanation ... but it's been a while too =D.

Nope go recheck it the whole reason the balance is disturbed is because all the souls end up on one side causing the bottom half of the hourglass to break from overcrouding while the upperhalf becomes more and more empty. The quincy just destroy the balance they do not destroy the souls.

Extrax
Sun, 05-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Naruto VS Bleach

Well I have to say Naruto
But bleach is only 32 episodes far so it can still go in many directions I think but so far I like where bleach is going

complich8
Sun, 05-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen
Nope go recheck it the whole reason the balance is disturbed is because all the souls end up on one side causing the bottom half of the hourglass to break from overcrouding while the upperhalf becomes more and more empty. The quincy just destroy the balance they do not destroy the souls.

Not what I'm getting from this section. Maybe you watched a different version that explained it differently, or are a manga reader or something. I dunno.

But the Lunar version has rukia explain at about 4:17 in episode 14
"The Quincys completely destroy hollows. In other words, that means the souls sent to the human world don't come back to Soul Society."

Further, when ol' Sandal-hat was explaining it to Rukia, he explained that the quincys were killing hollows, where the death gods purified them and sent them to soul society.

So, it's not that they were staying there. It's that they were ceasing to exist as a whoie. The break in the bottom half of the hourglass is the quincys destroying them. Unless you can come back with some support for your explanation, I think I'm gonna stick with mine i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

pakman
Sun, 05-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I started watching Bleach like 2 weeks ago when a friend recommended it. Ever since, I've been hooked. I have to say Bleach is better than Naruto at the pace it's going right now.

DDBen
Sun, 05-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Not what I'm getting from this section. Maybe you watched a different version that explained it differently, or are a manga reader or something. I dunno.

But the Lunar version has rukia explain at about 4:17 in episode 14
"The Quincys completely destroy hollows. In other words, that means the souls sent to the human world don't come back to Soul Society."

Further, when ol' Sandal-hat was explaining it to Rukia, he explained that the quincys were killing hollows, where the death gods purified them and sent them to soul society.

So, it's not that they were staying there. It's that they were ceasing to exist as a whoie. The break in the bottom half of the hourglass is the quincys destroying them. Unless you can come back with some support for your explanation, I think I'm gonna stick with mine .

First off I do read the manga as well as watch the anime however this note is explained well before the point the manga is at as you said in episode 14. Note I also watch the Lunar version.

Now lets take a look at your quotes.

Quote 1: "The Quincys completely destroy hollows. In other words, that means the souls sent to the human world don't come back to Soul Society."

This states that the Souls are not sent back to Soul Society instead of stating the Soul is actually destroyed.

Quote 2: Further, when ol' Sandal-hat was explaining it to Rukia, he explained that the quincys were killing hollows, where the death gods purified them and sent them to soul society.

This once again states that as opposed to the death gods who purify souls to send them to soul society the quincy's simply destroy the hollow and thus it doesn't go anywhere.

Now look at the image being shown of the hourglass where the bottom of it becomes overfilled and thus begins to crack and souls start to leak out. Also you have the upper section thus draining into the bottom one until it eventually shatters the "balance between the 2 worlds". All of this directly refers to the point that the souls being trapped here as opposed to being sent back to soul society causes a imbalance and shatters the balance. The reason for this is that Soul Society stops recieving more souls and therefore nomore spirits will live there eventually also the ones in Soul Society will eventually end up dying. I'll look up the manga chapter at some point incase the explination is better but I can promise you this is the meaning.

complich8
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:21 AM
I don't buy it ... but the end result is still the same. IMO, the breaking of the jar and the leaking liquid was a representation of removing souls from the earth/soul society system entirely. If they were still in the system, the shinigami could just go around collecting random excess souls and sending them back to soul society (by, for instance, killing and purifying random people -- something they've demonstrated they're not terribly opposed to doing).

The quincys were removing souls from the cycle, somehow. I personally think it's bull that they were somehow "overflowing the capacity" of the bottom, because it's pretty clear to me that the overall soul capacity of either side would necessarily have to be pretty flexible. IE: The world has like 6.5 billion people now, where a few hundred years ago (when the quincys were causing problems) there were only about 600 million people on earth. Meaning that if the earth is "at capacity" now, with say 7 billion souls (giving a fair bit of time before the natural "breaking the jar" and end of the world, and some wiggle room for hollows to be there), then that means that 200 years ago the quincys would have had to accumulate something on the order of 6.5 billion hollows killed to cause a problem. On the other hand, as a slow destruction of hollows ... say a few hundred a year removed from the system, eventually that'd add up to a lot removed, and cause systematic imbalances. Just like having a pinhole leak in a water tank.

Further, the soul society would still be receiving souls, just not as many as it should. That is to say, everyone born dies, not everyone who dies becomes a hollow, or needs to be sent by a death god. The majority, it seems, return on their own (or there would have to be a whole lot more death gods who are a whole lot more active in the human world than they seem to be).

Regardless, it doesn't really matter. It's all about suspension of disbelief in these things anyway. I mean ... one way or the other, the quincys doing what they were doing was necessarily bringing about the end of existence, and they had to be stopped. We don't really have any sort of route to test our different views, other than looking at the brief section of the anime, and maybe if there's something in the manga that explains it too. So let's aim for heading back on-topic.

Honoko
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:31 PM
to get back on topic: based on bleach's 30 some-odd eps, to naruto's 130 some-odd eps, i'd say that bleach is everything naruto tries to be. the pacing, the way the characters are handled... bleach just handles all of it a lot more maturely than naruto. i think this is really obvious when you consider how the flashbacks are handled.

don't get me wrong, i enjoy both shows but in terms of handling the material, naruto's production team could learn a thing or two about pacing an episode.

DarkSasuke
Fri, 06-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I say they r both very good just naruto is out longer

Assertn
Sat, 06-25-2005, 02:25 PM
for a while i had been anticipating bleach releases more than naruto releases......
back when ishida showed up...each episode became more and more badass from that point.....more characters with abilities, more crazy visual effects, more power increases....the suspense and anticipation of each episode goes up and up....

then they go to the Soul Society

It pretty much killed it for me at that point...just when things get really good, they go into goofy mode for 5 episodes or whatever. At this point its starting to get back up there, but when people say bleach has better plot pacing than Naruto, I'm alot less inclined to believe them now. Speaking of plot pacing, i havent read the bleach manga myself, but ive been told by someone who has that bleach's creator has no sense of storytelling. Apparently he always spins off into another direction without ever properly concluding the previous arcs.

In any long-running anime series, the thing that interests me the most are the characters themselves. And the sheer quantity of awesome characters in naruto never cease to amuse me (especially the stuff later in the manga). Of course when they dont do anything with all these great characters and focus only on team 7...then it gets boring.

Bleach's characters on the other hand......well...lets just say Ishida doesnt make a good comic-relief character, and the other comic-relief characters (ichigo's dad, that spazzy kid that hangs out with ichigo and chad, etc.) have worn out my interest. In fact.....aside from Ichigo and Chad.....most of the characters in bleach only have personalities that revolve around being stupid or just weird. The creator tries too hard for comedy....which usually works well at first, but gets old fast.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-25-2005, 03:20 PM
i'd say bleach for now...because my idea changes whenever each show gets better, the filler for naruto isnt really cutting it for me right now and bleach just introduced a couple of new likeable characters.

Assertn
Sat, 06-25-2005, 07:11 PM
yeah......it changes alot..........a little while ago it was

1)Naruto
2)Bleach
3)One Piece

now i'd say

1)One Piece
2)Bleach
3)Naruto

in terms of the anime, anyway

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't think Naruto's length gives it any more weight in comparing the two.

When Naruto was in it's 30's, it had, at least for me, accomplished a whole lot more in terms of emotion and character developement than Bleach has now (the Wave Country arc was killer!!!). Bleach has really good pacing and a cool story with characters I like, but to me it never delivered the punch that Naruto did.

For me, the two are about equal, but only because Bleach is new and the prospect of developing an entirely new Arc and so many characters is really cool. With Naruto, we pretty much know all about the characters that have been introduced now and what they're all about and how powerful they are, etc. This is excluding Akatsuki of course (but that doesn't even matter now, seeing as Naruto is stuck in filler mode for a while we won't even get to see the Akatsuki members). Hopefully when the real story picks back up I can say I enjoy Naruto more.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:51 PM
It changes for me too, back during the conclusion of the previous Naruto arc (Gaara VS Kimimaro and whatnot) I wanted Naruto damn badly, right now I only watch it so I can make fun of the stupid filler afterwards. Bleach, on the other hand, just introduced Shunsui. Do I need to say anything more? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Personally I'm voting for Bleach right now, though it probably has something to do with the fact of how long Naruto has lasted and thus having more times to meet high expectations and failing... I've also lost the curiosity of watching because I no longer find the battles tense, since one thing is quite obvious about every fights outcome...this in a topic relating to two injured ninjas...) And I sometimes feel that the characters have stagnated and some have just been singing the same old tune for way way too long, and I need my characters to react and evolve in order to truly love them. That being said, I love the jutsus and technical & strategic aspects of Naruto more than the "Soul Slayer - Soul Energy' basis of Bleach.

However, Bleach makes me laugh, then bite my nails, then shout for my favorite characaters to kick some ass, and runs the gauntlet with some great musical tracks, some camera angles, backgrounds, details, presentation of camera shots and all sorts of nifty jazz that I just don't see often enough in Naruto. And many of the characters feel so genuine and diverse in Bleach that it makes the distribution of NAruto characters seem too black vs white for me...

just a crazy fool's opinion!

chubakka
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Bleach....so far for me.....
2 things:

1: Bleach has more funny parts, that remind me of Rurouni Kenshin (my all time fav)...whereas Naruto has a bunch of talking...and use old jokes a lot... aka. Ero-sennin
2: The strategic elements of a battle are definitely in Naruto's favor (they are clever and witty).....however...it doesn't take 4-5 episodes or so to complete 1 battle....or maybe 2 if you're lucky....in Bleach.

That being said. They are both great i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Here's a light-hearted example of the format for a "fighting sequence" in Naruto

1st episode: The two ninja's meet and see each other..and flash their "get ready" poses..
2nd episode: They talk
3rd episode: 1st fighter uses a technique and hurts the other..
4th episode: The second fighter (while getting beaten up) comes up with a brilliant way to defeat this previous technique..and does one move that begins to counter it....the other fighter is startled.
5th episode: The second fighter finally exploits the first fighter's weakness and defeats him. Then he explains all his logic in how he did it. Then they part ways.

heh, probably exaggerated a little bit. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hakeem_21
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:37 PM
If you compare bleach to the first 30 eps of Naruto,Naruto kills bleach. And charactherwise Naruto is so much better,musicwise Naruto is also much better,Bleach corny rock music is soo misplaced. The only thing that is better in Bleach is that the fight are better made or rather they arent as predictable. I mean sure you know Ichigo will win but not how. While in Naruto its all about Kage Bunshins and Rasengan.....
If you compare Bleach and Naruto to One Piece and Hunter X Hunter who are the other big shonens.

This is how they rank for me

1. Hunter X Hunter
2.One Piece

way down on the list

Naruto and Bleach

AssertnFailure:

What annoys me so much about Naruto is that it focuses on team 7 too much and that is a shame since the other charachter are so good.Lee,Neji,Shika.Jiraya etc.
This is the reason that i dont care about the anime or the manga as much as before. Now i only watch to see how it finishes and how thing goes for Rock Lee

kAi
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, you can't exactly not focus on Team 7, it's what Naruto is primarily about, it's like taking screen time away from Luffy or Gon, it aint happening, the story could not be told.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:49 PM
I said they focus on them too much. I'm not talking about the story, i'm talking about air time,they dont get the chance to appear and show who they are. Hunter X Hunter for example is very good in giving the support characthers air time.

Darknodin
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Bleach music???

I would consider Bleach's music better than Naruto if there was more variety... but i feel that they actually fit in..
although I agree that for the first 30 eps... Naruto would win...

Haven't seen Hunter X Hunter or One Piece so I can't say

Hakeem_21
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Well if there isnt as much variety as say in Naruto where the song are much diffrent from eacother,shouldnt the music in Naruto be better...

They music in bleach always makes me think that they were high or something when they choosed to add them to the anime.

XanBcoo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Naruto's music rocks hard.
The only memorable songs in bleach are the one it plays in the first episode when he gets his powers, and then that weird bassey one they always play.

Honoko
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
aww, i like bleach music! somehow that funky disco thing when ichigo's doing something majorly badass just goes so well together hahah i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif example would be ep 20 when ichigo discovers his sword's name. man, that scene rocks!

complich8
Thu, 06-30-2005, 04:16 AM
Are you talking about "Number One" by Hazel Fernandes?

It's on the OST. Which you should somehow or another acquire, if you haven't. #anime-game-osts released it a while back. I'm not sure, but I think the torrent is already dead and buried.

</off-topicness>

But yeah, the bleach music is pretty great. But Naruto's is pretty great too. It depends on your preferences. I'd say they're both very fitting, but Bleach needs to pick up about a dozen more tracks in the next dozen episodes to keep up with the diversity of Naruto's themes. Unless it does, I'm going to have to give Naruto's music the edge for sheer variety.

Darknodin
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Well if there isnt as much variety as say in Naruto where the song are much diffrent from eacother,shouldnt the music in Naruto be better...

overall yea... What i meant to say is that... if I make a percentage of tracks i like in Bleach Vs % i like in Naruto, Bleach is higher...

on another note... I've started watching One Piece... and you're right... its really nice!

Assertn
Fri, 07-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by: chubakka
Bleach....so far for me.....
2 things:

1: Bleach has more funny parts, that remind me of Rurouni Kenshin (my all time fav)...whereas Naruto has a bunch of talking...and use old jokes a lot... aka. Ero-sennin
2: The strategic elements of a battle are definitely in Naruto's favor (they are clever and witty).....however...it doesn't take 4-5 episodes or so to complete 1 battle....or maybe 2 if you're lucky....in Bleach.

That being said. They are both great

Here's a light-hearted example of the format for a "fighting sequence" in Naruto

1st episode: The two ninja's meet and see each other..and flash their "get ready" poses..
2nd episode: They talk
3rd episode: 1st fighter uses a technique and hurts the other..
4th episode: The second fighter (while getting beaten up) comes up with a brilliant way to defeat this previous technique..and does one move that begins to counter it....the other fighter is startled.
5th episode: The second fighter finally exploits the first fighter's weakness and defeats him. Then he explains all his logic in how he did it. Then they part ways.

heh, probably exaggerated a little bit.

the longest that a fight takes in naruto is 3 episodes.......most are just 1 or 2 eps
fights taking too long is NOT a problem in naruto

and i'd be surprised if bleach doesnt have fights that take at least as long as naruto's once the major fights start up

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
example would be ep 20 when ichigo discovers his sword's name. man, that scene rocks!

That's also the one in episode 1. I love that song!

Are you talking about "Number One" by Hazel Fernandes?

yeah, that's the one. It roxors my soxors.

Edit: oh, and I think chubakka might be mistaking Naruto for DBZ.

*reads above and hopes this doesn't result in another Dbz-and-naruto-are-like-sooo-similar-'cause-like-naruto-wears-orange-just-like-GOKUUUUU-'an-shit-like-that-post*

chubakka
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:16 AM
You are probably right.. I was mostly joking, and I don't mind most (90%) of the fights...there were just some that stood out...

Although these fights basically defined the whole last part of the arc.....the Oro vs Sarutobi fight lasted 10+ episodes(with fights inbetween) and the Naruto vs. Gaara fight lasted 5 (from when he first kicked him until he crawled to him on his chin) -- although I'm just being too technical....it DID take those 5 episodes to *complete* those battles..

We haven't really seen any major fights in Bleach yet, but i guess they'll be much longer.. I haven't read the manga so I don't know what to expect.

It just felt really long (2 1/2 months) for that one fight to end..

basey44
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:29 AM
narutos fights only take more than 3 eps when theres other stuff going on so the focus isnt on just the fight. example, when multiple fights occur at once like in the forest, or i guess you could count the sasuke flashback eps as part of the fight, but you shouldnt really i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif, that stretched the naruto sasuke fight out a few eps simply because the focus wasnt on their combat