PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 143 Discussion

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Yay finally the fillers are over. I must admit I was surprised at the ending, somehow I thought it would be Lapanui's father and not he himself (that would be more of a typical filler plot). Why did they call him "mayor pasqua" back in ep 139 btw? Surname? ah well.

Whetton would have actually been a good badguy if he wasn't ehh... the way he was. When he was young he looked pretty cool, at least. Badass weapon too. Felt like something Oda himself could have created. (looks-wise)

Oh and I hate all filler kids, EVER.

Mut
Mon, 05-09-2005, 04:20 PM
The best part was when Luffy freed Zoro from the crucifixion pole Zoro was tied to. He sure showed who's boss.

EDIT:

Oh shit, wrong ep/thread.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Wasn't that like... 140 eps ago?

DDBen
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Man they need to replace the Apis meter after this arc with pumpkin pirates this episode is well beyond horrible.

Aeon
Mon, 05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
This ep had Vivi and Pell in it which made it the best ep in the whole arc.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:16 AM
I didn't see Pell, I only saw Igaram quickly at the end (with Vivi in the background) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Foomanchew24
Tue, 05-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I didn't think the fillers were all that bad. They were a lot better than the naruto fillers in my opinion. The worst was that the story obviously does not progress in a meaningful way, but now the filler is over and the fun begins. Just wondering if anyone who reads the manga knows if the ship falling on them at the end has anything to do with the next arc? A simple yes or no would suffice, thanks.

Aeon
Tue, 05-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I didn't see Pell, I only saw Igaram quickly at the end (with Vivi in the background)

He's talking to Vivi

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1nd4w/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/capture1.jpg

Now tell me the cool points on this ep didn't just go up i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-10-2005, 05:00 PM
You're right. Pell is always cool (even though he was supposed to stay dead, right?)

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-11-2005, 04:02 AM
I'm just so damn glad the fillers were over.

Your right about Whetton though, if he had been a cool badguy instead of a douchebag, he had the looks of an awsome character.

somehow I thought it would be Lapanui's father and not he himself

I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean, they go out of their way to tell us that Lapa's dad was a marine and dissapeared, and then this guy looks like him so obviously we're supposed to be, oh! Its Lap's dad! But then ZING! I was surprised by a spoiler, wow, what is the world coming too. And that stupid flick I guess becomes wicked strong after 50 years of practice.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Maybe he ate the devil fruit that gives him flicking power?

Assertn
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:51 PM
except he can swim......
remember he saved luffy?