PDA

View Full Version : Which portable mp3 player are you using?

Psyke
Mon, 05-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Which mp3 player are u currently using? I've been using a SONY CD-mp3 player for around 3 years now and I'm tired of having to use the CDRWs to store songs. I'm thinking of getting an Ipod soon..... but still checking out the online reviews because the Zen Touch seems to be quite good as well.

basey44
Mon, 05-09-2005, 07:19 AM
im using a 3rd gen 40gig ipod, i got it last year cos i was so sick of changing disks and stuff, i wanted my entire music collection everywhere i went, and really at that time ipod was the best on the market.

it doesnt work properly now though :/ it overheats and theres something wrong with it inside, but other than that...

GhostKaGe
Mon, 05-09-2005, 07:34 AM
im using this M3 - 40Gb HDD Player (http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/mp3mp4wavwmaatracplayers/productView.htm?quicklinx=3K35&familyid=789) although i got mine cheaper via 5 finger discount

i also have an mp3 minidisc player

Turkish-S
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:04 AM
a supportplus mp3 wma rec. 128 mb
it costed just 30 euro.

Itachi_y2k5
Mon, 05-09-2005, 09:43 AM
i did have some weird one but it didnt have a make, i have an i-pod though, but i use this crap creative

r3n
Mon, 05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
iriver iHP120

i hate ipods, they like like shrivelled up turds that have gone white in the sun. plus itunes is possibly the worst program i have ever had the displeasure of using.

but since theyre "cool" everone wants one. go go sheep power

Itachi_y2k5
Mon, 05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
lol r3n your just like my mate he hatess i-pods so he spent another £100 to buy a sony mp3 LOL

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I still use my 3 year old 15gb ipod...got it by recommendation from pretty much everyone who knew about stuff like that (I'm shit with gadgets etc)...I'm well glad I got it, and personally Itunes is the best music listening software I've encountered by a long way. Its annoying how some people assume that you think you're being trendy or cool etc, but its done well for me despite taking a bit of a beating and having been put in all sorts of conditions over the time I've had it...some slight malfunctions in extreme cold but thats pretty much it...still the white headphones do my head in cos they draw attention to you, plus they're tinny, but I'm too cheap to buy an expensive pair i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Mon, 05-09-2005, 12:46 PM
im using a crappy creative nomad II

nothing fancy......but its ONLY music, after all

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
nothing fancy......but its ONLY music, after all

Hey! Don't make music sound simple. Life would suck completely without music.

As for my MP3 player I don't even know what brand it is, I'm satisfied as long as the sound works.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Mine is a almost 2 year Sony MD player with a built in radio... its starting to malfunction now. Funny thing is cos I do Electronic Engineering I think I know whats going on, but I still cant fix it!

SK
Mon, 05-09-2005, 02:00 PM
im thinking of getting either an ipod of san disk.

PSJ
Mon, 05-09-2005, 02:22 PM
some piece of garbage from creative, it survived a trip in the washer tho.

Itachi_y2k5
Mon, 05-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
some piece of garbage from crative, it survived a trip in the washer tho.

LOL, lucky you

Roko
Mon, 05-09-2005, 06:45 PM
iRiver iFP-390T, which i got for only a hundred bucks ^^. I luv iRivers, simply HATE ipods.

Mae
Mon, 05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
I have a SanDisk Digital Audio Player. Tiny little thing, easily fits in the palm of my hand, and holds 1.0 GB (about 2/3 of my music files). AAA battery operated, which is nice, because I hate messing with rechargeables, and also works as a radio or a recording device. Pretty easy to use, and I've had no compatability problems either, which I've can be an issue with iPods. I just copied and pasted my files and everything worked great. Only drawback was the price (around $100, not cheap), but worth it for me.

Aeon
Mon, 05-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Using a Samsung 1 gig, long as I compress all my music files to 64kbs before transferring them I've managed over 400 songs on it. Plus it has an fm tuner so I'm happy with it.

Rek
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
my mp3 player is my car. Very portable, but the battery life sucks... what, its at 2.24 a gallon now, right?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm using some small mp3 player that holds about 50 songs each about 4 megs. It's good enough till I can afford one of those new gen high capacity players. I hope something comes out by then that won't require me to fork out another 150 bucks to replace a battery a year and a half from the date I begin using it.

intense
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Using a Samsung 1 gig, long as I compress all my music files to 64kbs before transferring them I've managed over 400 songs on it. Plus it has an fm tuner so I'm happy with it.

ouch... quality must suck. those should have no bass, and should start to crack at high volumes... around maybe 60-70dBs
but hey, if you go for 400 songs, im guessing you rather prefer quantity over quality.

i currently have a cd-mp3 player, and its pretty cheap, but as long as i can play my songs im fine. Im thinking of buying an mp3 player. im not going to buy 5 gigs because if you pay an extra 50 bux, you can get a 20 gig. so yea.... save save save.

Y
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Using a Samsung 1 gig, long as I compress all my music files to 64kbs before transferring them

Christ that is awful, what an ear-raping bitrate.

Deblas
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Ipod. Discussion over.

intense
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
nahh....having to convert everything into "itunes" is a real hassle because of time. i would only buy the ipod for the click wheel. But other than that, never... there are better out there such as the Zen, or the Sony. Sony = 20 gigs, 24 hours, ipod = 20 gigs 8 hours, Zen = 20 gigs(a bit ugly though) 12 hours

id buy the sony(if i had the money)... though its 399.99 where i live.

Mut
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Only place I will listen to music is in my car and while I'm on the computer. So I don't need this junk.

Ipods are a waste of money.

intense
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:48 PM
but for people "ex. me" who cant afford a car(or doesnt have a car/doesnt want a car), need something high-tech such as these mp3 players to listen to while bus rides, and long walks. Without them, it will be just one long boring travel.

Y
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
No, you don't need something high tech. You can get extremely cheap CD players. mp3 players are for rich kids or gullible kids.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Or people who can save up enough money and always have the convenience of having their entire cd collection at their finger tips. I'm neither rich nor gullible but I think its an awesome idea.

basey44
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
i would die without my ipod, sure i could use my 7 year old discman but i like having all of my music with me so i can play watever i want wenever i want and not be limited to the 20 songs a cd holds

Deblas
Mon, 05-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
No, you don't need something high tech. You can get extremely cheap CD players. mp3 players are for rich kids or gullible kids.

There ara alot of advantages of having an mp3 though. Lightweight, portable, doesn't skip, can hold more than 1000 songs depending on the mp3 so you don't have to be dragging a bag with your cd's or just bring one. And Ipod has that cool wheel to add.

Psyke
Tue, 05-10-2005, 09:31 AM
I just ordered my 4th gen ipod with free custom engraving from Apple. Well, it burnt a hole in my pocket but at last I'm able to put all my songs onto a single portable device. I've about 9 gigs of songs right now, though I've never even listened to some of them, now I can at least access them more easily.

r3n
Tue, 05-10-2005, 10:40 AM
when i bought my 20gb iriver over a year ago i never thought that i would need more than 20gb of storage, but ive been refining my music on it for months now, as i have about 30gb worth on my computer. its so irritating have to delete an album from my mp3 player cos its not large enough i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

might buy one of those really swish new irivers with the touch pad in the middle (sorta similar to the ipod circle, but its a strip instead) when im out in malaysia this summer. should be able to pick one up for around £100 ($200ish)

Tubular
Tue, 05-10-2005, 05:24 PM
I have a 4gb iPod Mini, but I was thinking of switching over to an iriver or creative zens.

JusDaMan
Tue, 05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Wow i pity all of you!!!! using all these Mp3 players...

OLD SCHOOL WALKMAN 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although if u want something that is REALLLY worth it check this out...

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4011073

NM
Tue, 05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Only place I will listen to music is in my car and while I'm on the computer. So I don't need this junk.

Same with me Mut. Ipods are nifty and all, with the 20 gig of space for music that you have but honestly, are you really going to listen to all that music at once? A cd player is good enough imo. I only listen to music while driving or when I'm on the computer so I don't need either an Ipod or a cd player but I still think Ipods aren't necessary. If I was to get an Ipod, I'd probably get the Ipod Mini, the one that has 4 gig of space. Thats good enough, I don't need 20 gigs of music.

Psyke
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't have a car (yet), and I spend 2 hour everyday on public transport to and fro work everyday, so having bigger space for an mp3 player helps for people like me.

KitKat
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Up until Christmas I used my good ol' cd player. That thing was so crappy, I had to tilt it at a certain angle to get my cd's to play. There was a distinct wobble clearly visible as the cd's were spinning. I would leave it sitting on my desk at the library while I went home for lunch hoping someone would steal it, but no one did. Still, it played music most of the time. Then at Christmas I got an ipod, and that was pretty cool. I didn't really like having to put iTunes on my computer, but the convenience of not having to carry my stack of cd's everywhere with me was worth it. Also, I use it to transfer my files between school, and to bring anime to watch at other people's houses, since I don't have a flash drive. So overall, I'm pretty happy with my ipod.

Roko
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I think iRivers are so much better than ipods. sure ipods may have a lot of room on them, but i think they have horrible batteries. my friend charged his ipod once for a whole night, and it lasted for an hour the next day. On the other hand, my iRiver lasts for 13-16 hrs on one double A battery.

lilphatboi88
Wed, 05-11-2005, 03:29 AM

What do you do if you travel by plane? Or maybe jogging? Something like that

Mut
Wed, 05-11-2005, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by: lilphatboi88

What do you do if you travel by plane? Or maybe jogging? Something like that
I haven't been on a plane since 4th grade, which was 10 years ago. When I jog I don't like to hold shit or have shit clinging on to me, and I don't need to listen to music while I'm exercising.

Thi3f
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:29 AM

Assertn
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by: r3n
when i bought my 20gb iriver over a year ago i never thought that i would need more than 20gb of storage, but ive been refining my music on it for months now, as i have about 30gb worth on my computer. its so irritating have to delete an album from my mp3 player cos its not large enough

might buy one of those really swish new irivers with the touch pad in the middle (sorta similar to the ipod circle, but its a strip instead) when im out in malaysia this summer. should be able to pick one up for around £100 ($200ish)

thats why you dont put ALL your mp3s in your player at the same time........

after going through my roommate's mp3 collection, i probably have 60+ gigs now....but i can only have 160 mb of music in my player at any given point in time...not that big of a deal unless you're stuck for more than a week or so without access to your computer

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:03 AM
60+ gigs!? Whoa that's a lot of songs man........

Strider
Wed, 05-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I've got the Creative 30GB NOMAD Zen Xtra.

It's nice and simple. Holds a decent amount of MP3's. Although, I am steadily approaching it's limit.

However .. 60GBs of music, Assertn? God damn, that's a serious amount of music. If I ripped my entire CD collection I'd be able to compare. But, shit.

iPODs are the worst. Would not recommend them to anyone. As someone said, they were the "in" so everyone without any sense rushed to get one. Poor lambs .. poor, poor lambs ..

// Strider. Out.

Eurasian
Wed, 05-11-2005, 06:46 PM
I had a small magicgate one from sony but the memory is only 256mb so i thought it wasn't enough. iPods seem really appealing with their 20gbs memory but iTunes suck and won't work on my computer. In the end, I still use my little sony one because updating my ipod is a hassle.

Deblas
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
60+ gigs!? Whoa that's a lot of songs man........

15,000 to be exact.

Mut
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Deblas, why did you just make that up?

anime050
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:24 PM
That's actually 15,360 to be exact.

And according to you Deblas, every mp3 is 4 mb in size.

Deblas
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:25 PM
no, I'm serious. 20gb= 5,000/ 40gb= 10,000/ 60gb= 15,000

EDIT: Well I was extremely close. But I thought it was 15,000

Stop bullying me!!! *runs away crying*

Strider
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Soooooo off-topic ..

But, Anime050 .. the image in your signature is the craziest image I've seen in a while, and I do not even know who it is.

Who is that, and where'd you find it? If you do not mind revealing sources.

// Strider. Out.

EDIT: This should and could have easily been a PM, and I apologize for that.

On topic .. 15,630 .. meaning less than 4MB per song. From that, I'd assume you don't listen to much classical music as those overtures and symphonies run forever, and easily go for 15MB+ each one.

JusDaMan
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:57 AM
seriously... WHO NEEDS THAT MUCH MUSIC?!?!?!?

Walkman all the way

Itachi_y2k5
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
i wouldnt mind all that music, i don't really like listening to nature i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Thu, 05-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by: Strider
Soooooo off-topic ..

But, Anime050 .. the image in your signature is the craziest image I've seen in a while, and I do not even know who it is.

Who is that, and where'd you find it? If you do not mind revealing sources.

Kusanagi Kyo from King of Fighters.

r3n
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:34 AM
i have 30gb of music and thats just over 5000 tracks. most of my music have longer than 4min tracks, and its all reasonably high bitrate.

@ assertn: i dont know what i want to listen to everyday hence why id like to have all my music on my mp3 player. variety is good, and switching the music on my iriver everyday would become tedious

PSJ
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: anime050

how can this be exact as songs vary in size? there are songs at 5mb, songs at 10 mb, heck i have a song on roughly 30mb so it cant really be exact.

Deblas
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Well, The gigs I put is according to Ipod. I don't know if its the same with other mp3's

SK
Thu, 05-12-2005, 01:36 PM
i only have 4.96 GB of music on my computer.

anime050
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:23 PM

how can this be exact as songs vary in size? there are songs at 5mb, songs at 10 mb, heck i have a song on roughly 30mb so it cant really be exact.

I know that there is no exact amount. That's why I said, "And according to you Deblas, every mp3 is 4 mb in size."

So stfu. Thnx.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
lol NGAGE!!!!!

and a olympus m:robe 500i (http://www.olympusgroove.com/flash.html?//www.olympusgroove.com/)

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey no need to get offensive, a50.

BTW didn't really notice that you use Kyo Kusanagi in your sig. Great choice. *recalls good ol' King of Fighters days* Damn good games.

PSJ
Thu, 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM

I know that there is no exact amount. That's why I said, "And according to you Deblas, every mp3 is 4 mb in size."

So stfu. Thnx.

then why say an exact amount? (if you tried being sarcastic or someting im sorry)

Deblas
Thu, 05-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Like I said. I put it according to Ipod. I don't know if its different with other mp3's

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:32 AM
iPODs are the worst. Would not recommend them to anyone. As someone said, they were the "in" so everyone without any sense rushed to get one. Poor lambs .. poor, poor lambs ..

// Strider. Out.

It seems the only thing more "in" than owning an iPod is being one of the "sheep/lambs" who (pointlessly) slag them off...its a music player for christs sake! It seems to me it is such people who are more concerned as to the fashionable legitamacy of which player to own than half the people I come across who actually have iPods...

SK
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:44 AM
im thinking of getting a creative zen micro 6 GB. i only have about 4 or 5 GB of music on my comp right now. plus they cost $230 and i can get one from this kid for $100.

PSJ
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:54 AM
buy it from the kid, i always enjoy it when kids sell stuff for way less than its value.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul

// Strider. Out.

It seems the only thing more "in" than owning an iPod is being one of the "sheep/lambs" who (pointlessly) slag them off...its a music player for christs sake! It seems to me it is such people who are more concerned as to the fashionable legitamacy of which player to own than half the people I come across who actually have iPods...

Considering I saved a cino or more with my Zen Xtra than the iPOD, with 10GB or 20GB more space .. I'll continue to bash 'em. You get one phone call of free support from Apple with the iPOD .. WOW! One whole call. What was I thinking getting a Zen?

Pervert-Sennin: Make it a habit jippin' little kids? Haha.

// Strider. Out.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
You seemed to miss the point of what I said as you clearly think I'm competing or comparing. I hadn't even noticed you mention what you bought.

You must slag alot of stuff if you slag off anything that you can get a cheaper and better alternative elsewhere. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I wasn't saying iPod is better than what you bought, just that slagging off a product merely for being the popular and for many people, default choice (for the reasons I explained, not because it's better), is bizarre.

PSJ
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:28 PM

// Strider. Out.

haha i rarely buy stuff like that very often so i dont get to trick little kids that often, nah but my brother has done some stupid trades and shit with his friends in the past and its always funny to see kids do stupid things.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:32 PM
You seemed to miss the point of what I said as you clearly think I'm competing or comparing. I hadn't even noticed you mention what you bought.

You must slag alot of stuff if you slag off anything that you can get a cheaper and better alternative elsewhere.

I wasn't saying iPod is better than what you bought, just that slagging off a product merely for being the popular and for many people, default choice (for the reasons I explained, not because it's better), is bizarre.

You're right. I think I missed your point, which I clearly got defensive about since I love my player. Hee hee. Humble apologies. Seriously.

But, while you find people slagging the popular, default choice (iPod) to be very odd .. I sit amidst consternation as well, trying to concoct viable solutions as to why iPod is the popular, default choice for MP3 players when there are so many other choices, that I would suggest to be better than Apple. To each their own, 'eh? I've got a Creative Labs Zen Xtra, by the way. Not that you asked, but so you know what I'm bitchin' and complainin' about to be so great. Haha.

// Strider. Out.

haha i rarely buy stuff like that very often so i dont get to trick little kids that often, nah but my brother has done some stupid trades and shit with his friends in the past and its always funny to see kids do stupid things.

And, yeah .. Kid's buy anything and buy into almost anything .. a la "The Secret Manual of the Buddhist Palm." .. For those of you who saw Kung Fu Hustle. Haw haw haw.

// Strider. Out.

anime050
Mon, 05-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I use a crappy RCA mp3 player, It can only hold 64mb, but it works quite nicely. =D.

I should buy an Ipod or soemthing. ~_~

// `a50. Out.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 05-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I have a RCA one too it costs me $30 my mom was gonna buy me an ipod so I would move to florida but I told her it's a waste of money cause all you need is a bigger memory stick on a PSP and you can play music and movies.

// Kage. Out.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:21 PM

You're right. I think I missed your point, which I clearly got defensive about since I love my player. Hee hee. Humble apologies. Seriously.

But, while you find people slagging the popular, default choice (iPod) to be very odd .. I sit amidst consternation as well, trying to concoct viable solutions as to why iPod is the popular, default choice for MP3 players when there are so many other choices, that I would suggest to be better than Apple. To each their own, 'eh? I've got a Creative Labs Zen Xtra, by the way. Not that you asked, but so you know what I'm bitchin' and complainin' about to be so great. Haha.

// Strider. Out.

So many people go for them cos of lack of information imo. If everyone flocks to buy one, other people will go for it because of the logic that if it's popular and sells well, it must be at least fairly decent, so people like me who aren't in the know are more likely to get the more popular player rather than risk getting a cheaper one and ending up with something that breaks after 2 months. Gotta admit thats the reason I got one, back then (all of 2 and a half years ago i/expressions/rolleye.gif ) barely anyone round here seemed to have mp3 players so I got the only one I had heard of from a recommendation...

Same kinda reason everyone buys Fifa Soccer over Pro Evolution Soccer for any soccer (football) fans...people assume that the one that sells better is likely to be better quality, which obviously isn't always the case...

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
True enough. NCAA Basketball owns Live 2005, the more popular of the EA Sports line. Speaking of Soccer - I don't know why I bothered with Fifa Street. I guess liking the other Street titles, I was optimistic. .. Last time I ever do that again.

And, you bought an iPod that long ago? How much did it cost back then? I'd think it was so much more than it already is, now. However, price normally inflates as the demand rises, which is certainly has over this past year or so.

I just recently got my Zen. Before, I had another Creative product, but it was only 512MB. Maybe 1GB. I honestly cannot recall, since it's been so long since I've put it to use.

// Strider. Out.

Black ops
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:04 AM
2nd Gen iPod 20 gig. God I hate the thing. The battery life sucks for mine. It can't hold a freaking charge. It goes out after like 2 hours. I need me a iRiver.

Itachi_y2k5
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:48 AM
whats with the 2nd gen and the 3rd gen and the 4th gen ? cant you just have a damn i-pod

Edit:

which is the one with them heat sensor buttons ??

Deblas
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:07 AM
// Strider. Out.

// `a50. Out.

Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
// Kage. Out.

You're all a bunch of dickheads.

Everyone read it. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14910&enterthrea d=y)

GotWoot Moderator

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 05-17-2005, 04:33 AM
True enough. NCAA Basketball owns Live 2005, the more popular of the EA Sports line. Speaking of Soccer - I don't know why I bothered with Fifa Street. I guess liking the other Street titles, I was optimistic. .. Last time I ever do that again.

And, you bought an iPod that long ago? How much did it cost back then? I'd think it was so much more than it already is, now. However, price normally inflates as the demand rises, which is certainly has over this past year or so.

I just recently got my Zen. Before, I had another Creative product, but it was only 512MB. Maybe 1GB. I honestly cannot recall, since it's been so long since I've put it to use.

// Strider. Out.

I think it was a 2nd gen (15GB) one near the time they first came out, I'm not sure, if I remember right it cost 250 GBP which was a fortune given the wages I was on that the time...got it cos I listened to music so much at work I was spending loads on batteries anyway on a cheap walkman...

Aliaz
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Currently a Ipod 20 gB.

Makes those trips to school less boring.

Strider
Tue, 05-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas

You're all a bunch of dickheads.

Everyone read it. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14910&enterthrea d=y)

GotWoot Moderator

You'd think if you really wanted me to read that, considering I'm the instigator of this heinous act and atrocity to the sacred boards, you'd send me a message about the idiocy of the complaint.

A tagline is a bother? Regard it in the same manner as you do a signature. You read everyone's signature block everytime they post? Don't read it. Skip over it to the next tidbit of useless information. One or the other? Fine. I'll remove the quote from my signature block, that way there's only one line for you to completely disregard. Anything for you moderators.

I was not doing such to be funny or tickle your tummies with comedic routines. It's simply in my nature to end conversations (verbal and text based) with my name and out. For anyone in the military or prior service that was under 31S or 31C, or any other signal MOS may have some semblance of understanding, even those who play nothing but combat, first-person shooters vicariously living a veteran's life all day may relate.

Take some NyQuil or Pepto' if you're that sick. Get some bed rest, and get over it.

Over. And done .. with that.

I think it was a 2nd gen (15GB) one near the time they first came out, I'm not sure, if I remember right it cost 250 GBP which was a fortune given the wages I was on that the time...got it cos I listened to music so much at work I was spending loads on batteries anyway on a cheap walkman...

I'm sure you were talking about CD walkmans, but .. Haha, it surely made me think way back when there were only tape walkmans. You'd spend more time and battery life rewinding or fast forwarding to get to the song you wanted rather than enjoying the music. Or even worse, when you could not even rewind .. you had to turn the tape to the other side and fast forward (which adversely rewinded the desired side). Those were the days .. or not ..

JusDaMan
Tue, 05-17-2005, 08:19 AM
hey... i still use these tape walkmans... They still good. and i see no point of having so much music.

Itachi_y2k5
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
i agree with Deblas, whats up with //[insert name], Out it sounds really retarded to me, sorry if this offends you

Psyke
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by: Itachi_y2k5
i agree with Deblas, whats up with //[insert name], Out it sounds really retarded to me, sorry if this offends you

Too much American Idol?

Itachi_y2k5
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:48 AM
i'm not american i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:53 AM
i'm not american

Neither am I, but I'll explain: the host of American Idol uses the "Out" thing whenever he signs off the show. Supposed to have originated from military/signal voice procedure, but I guess it has pretty much caught on with people now.....

Strider
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:58 AM
i agree with Deblas, whats up with //, Out it sounds really retarded to me, sorry if this offends you

What's up with it? Read my post, two above yours. Your opinion does not offend me, and your opinion is rightfully yours to possess and profess. Therefore, an apology is hardly necessary. It's simply something I do, similar to typing in English. Yet, those who do not are not penalized for such.

[i]Originally posted by: Psyke

Too much American Idol?

Uh, no. Try again later, please.

Itachi_y2k5
Tue, 05-17-2005, 10:52 AM
if its my opininon why dont you keep typing it then

Strider
Tue, 05-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Now, that the lunch break is over .. Uh, what?

Hellraiser
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:54 PM

Gogogo (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14910&enterthrea d=y)

Stay on topic people.

GotWoot Moderator

Deblas
Tue, 05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by: Hellraiser

Gogogo (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14910&enterthrea d=y)

That's also lame.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 05-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
hey... i still use these tape walkmans... They still good. and i see no point of having so much music.

It just depends if you know what you are going to want to listen to.

Thats the main benefit of mp3 players imo, as you can choose any album you have to listen to on a whim, wheras before I took loads of tapes in and still didn't really have enough...its useful if you like a lot of bands etc, plus like Strider said with the fast forward rewind thing, I often found myself skipping through tapes to find the best songs...I dunno if this only applied to me or not but my walkmans also played songs slightly slower than the song would be if I played it in a tape deck that was plugged into the wall.

SKY_SO_BLUE
Wed, 05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
All these FANCY mp3 players, lol
I'm using my PSP+512mb if that counts as an Mp3 =P

intense
Wed, 07-13-2005, 11:48 PM
i finally bought myself a new mp3 player
the 5gig micro zen. Its pretty cool in terms or quality and radio. deifnately worth the buy.
IMO the quality beats the Ipod quality (in terms of same song/bittrate/etc)

2:25
Thu, 07-14-2005, 03:19 AM
I have a mini ipod that I share with my brother, but recently, I got a 512 mb JNC cube mp3 just cause he got fed up with sharing :/

Kairi
Fri, 07-15-2005, 03:04 PM
I have an iRiver. I admit the only reason I got it over anything else is because it has an FM tuner and I like to listen to the radio sometimes when I'm riding instead of mp3s.

intense
Fri, 07-15-2005, 03:46 PM
i was looking to buy the iriver too, but its got bad reviews at technology.msn.ca (i think thats the site). I was very close to buying it not minding the extra 50 bux for a coloured screen but they said that the syncing of the music sucks like crap, and that its got bad service if your willing to call, etc etc... Also it only works for winxp which is a really downer because my laptop only has win2k (dont feel like upgrading cuz winxp takes too much space *2gigs* compared to 600mb on a 6gig comp) so i bought the zen instead, and i dont regret anything. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif