PDA

View Full Version : Can i play Naruto while im downloading it?

o2Ly
Sun, 05-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Can someone help me with this... i cant play the naruto episode when im downloading the torrent..

kAi
Sun, 05-08-2005, 02:15 AM
Wait for it to finish, I think there is a way, but I don't know how, and what's the use really? Unless it's the batch torrent, then you just wait for the episodes to finish.

o2Ly
Sun, 05-08-2005, 07:25 AM
it is batch torrent.. im currently downloading the naruto ep 1-25 from gotwoot.net.. and when i started the episode 1 it said that there is an error...

stos289
Sun, 05-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, what you could do is download a few episodes in a batch and then watch them while you are downloading the next few in the batch. This can be accomplished with Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/). After you download and install the client, open up the torrent with Azureus. Once the torrent appears in the "My Torrents" section, right-click it and go to "Show Details." Then go to the "Files" tab that appears. This will show all the files that you are downloading in the batch. First choose the ones you want to watch first ( I would suggest like the first 5). Then for the rest of the ones that you did not choose, highlight them and right-click. A few options should appear. Go to "Set Priority" and then "Do Not Download." This will stop those files that you have chosen from downloading. Then after the ones that are downloading are done, (They should have 100% and the bar should be filled up) you can watch them. While you are watching those, pick the next ones you want to download and set the priority back to "Normal." This will allow them to download while you are watching the ones that have finished already. Hope I could help.

P.S: Azureus might need some configuration the first time you install, so look on the site for some info on that.

kAi
Sun, 05-08-2005, 08:36 AM
I made this in the Bit Torrent Support section
http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=14424&enterthrea d=y

o2Ly
Sun, 05-08-2005, 09:57 AM
ok.. Ty , im using the official bit torrent.. how can i stop downloading the file w/ that?

stos289
Sun, 05-08-2005, 11:53 AM
The point is...you can't. That is why kAi and I have told you to use Azureus because it pretty much the only client that has that ability. You can keep the Official client for single downloads, but if you want to watch while you download, that is the only way you are going to do it. Hope I could clear that up.

P.S: Sorry about that kAi, I forgot you made one a thread about that already (it would have saved me a lot of typing too). By the way, nice rank...

o2Ly
Sun, 05-08-2005, 02:31 PM
ah ok... 9% to go.. yay!.. finally.. ty very much...