PDA

View Full Version : Crash

SK
Fri, 05-06-2005, 05:17 PM
just seen this movie today, all i can say is wow. i thought they did a great job of illustrating the racial prejudices still alive in america today. i would give it a 5/5. has anyone else seen it?

r3n
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:28 AM
not seen it, but the best racism related film ive seen is american history X. that should be compulsory in schools, then some ignorant tards would think before acting

Xollence
Sat, 05-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh I was gonna go see that but I watched Kingdom of Heaven... BIG mistake.

SK
Sat, 05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
im going to see million dollar baby tonight and kingdom of heaven tommorow. kingdom of heaven wasnt good?

intense
Sat, 05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
im going to see million dollar baby tonight and kingdom of heaven tommorow. kingdom of heaven wasnt good?

dont watch kingdom of heaven. it truly sucks. worst movie ever. it just keeps dragging on. holeeeeeee.... waste of 2 and a half hours. like i even stood up and clapped about 10 mins before the actual ending just to make a joke (everybody in the room laughed) because i thought it was over, even when it wasnt. whatever, to sum it all up, Dont want the movie!

Xollence
Sat, 05-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah it sucks, the battles aren't even all that great. Oh and it's not the 3rd crusade it's the 2nd one, which sucks since a lot more stuff happens in the 3rd one. It gets good when the movie ends.

SK
Sat, 05-07-2005, 03:12 PM
why didnt you like it, my friend and cousin told me it was awesome.

Board of Command
Sat, 05-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
Million Dollar Baby sucks ass. It's nowhere near Oscar material. It's nowhere near nomination material.

Xollence
Sat, 05-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Million Dollar Baby would've been a lot better with a different actress.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Million dollar was a great film I really don't see how you can label any criticism towards it.

As to the subject of upcomming summer movies. I'm really really looking forward to War of the Worlds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that spielberg dosen't fuck it up and all signs are pointing to him doing it justice (to see what I'm talking about just watch the japanese trailer). Looks like he's finally given up making schlock like Catch me if you Can and The Terminal.

basey44
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:29 PM
hey catch me if u can was good, i really enjoyed that one

Board of Command
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:59 PM
That's a bit old.

Xollence
Sun, 05-08-2005, 03:31 AM
The Terminal was an awesome movie. So was catch me if you can.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 05-08-2005, 06:59 PM
You have got to be kidding me. The terminal was 2 hours of tom hanks in fricking terminal. I don't care how good of a director you are but there really isn't much you can do with that simple premise. It would make a far better and more compelling play then it does a movie.

Catch me if you Can is a cute movie but it's comming from the guy who brought us indiana jones, jurassick park, ET, Jaws, Saving Private Ryan. Almost all of his films have been influential and groundbreaking. A cute sweet comedy from Speilberg is definalty a disappointment in my book. Thats why I'm really looking forward to war of the worlds. Spielberg has finally ditched any cutsey crap and has returned to making a serious film. I do believe that the alien invasion has never been acturately portrayed and I think Speilberg is going to do it justice. It makes me happy to see him make real films again as opposed to tacky lighthearted comedies.

SK
Sun, 05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
well i seen kingdom of heaven today, i cant really make a decision on it since i was distracted throughout the whole movie. it was pretty full and i had to sit too close to the screen. there were little kids who have no business watching this movie, and they kept walking in front of me. anyhow i was really annoyed by the way they mixed up the Knights Templar and the other knights whose name slips my mind at the moment.

Sam98034
Mon, 05-09-2005, 05:06 AM
KOH was alright. The actions scenes were great and good. But theres A LOT of story, and I didn't really follow all the wierd names. It would have been better if they hadn't 'skipped' through like the biggest battle in the movie.

SK
Mon, 05-09-2005, 05:28 AM
yea i didnt think there were enough fights.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Wow, KOH only made 20 million on it's opening weekend. Thats really really bad for a movie which is supposed to kick off the summer blockbuster season. Oh no unless the other summer movies pick up the slack I see this being a very slow year revenue wise. Or maybe everyone is just waiting for star wars. I know I am. Last night I had a really wierd dream about it where one of the villains general grevious went to a carnival and rode on a roller coaster.

SK
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:40 PM
i had a dream that i went to see episode iii, and i had bought tickets in advance and went by the line. then i came out saying it was good but in the dream i didnt actually get to see any of me movie. and the theater was made out of gold. it was cool.

Sam98034
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:03 AM
star wars dreams? Seriously...you guys are sad. I mean, I had dreams about Lord of the Rings, but star wars is just nerdy to dream about.

Yeah, ep 3 looks bad ass. I just found out that the guy who played the wookie is actually some 7'2" guy, didn't know they had some huge guy inside the costume.

SK
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:14 AM
lol if you are still caring about being considered a nerd or not, then you need to get a life.

Xollence
Mon, 10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I just finished watching Crash. Such a great movie. Ring 2 on the other hands sucked big time. It was totally different from the Japanese version, which sucked as well.

Oh btw Block Buster is being sued so member gets a crapload of free movie rental coupons and other stuff.

SK
Mon, 10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah Ring 2 sucked, I actually seen it in theater i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Strider
Mon, 10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Picked this up on DVD two weeks ago, but just saw it the other night, and - WOW.

The movie was great. The way everything came together and was addressed, while still based on the subject of racism and discrimination, was really well done. Definitely glad I picked this up.

Very upset I bothered with Hustle & Flow, though.

SK
Mon, 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Hustle and Flow was good.....

~1~

Mon, 10-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Hustle and Flow was fucking terrible.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't hink crash was that great, It did a good job (like you said) of demonstrating racism... *gasp* its really hard to do in this country!... but I didn't like how the stories fit together, it was too contrived. If there was a way that they could bring together all the same central themes COHERENTLY, it would have been fantastic.

SK
Tue, 10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
The way they brought everything together I thought was the best part.

~1~

Xollence
Tue, 10-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: SK

~1~

That's gotta be the worst movie of 2005.

AngelEyez
Tue, 10-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
I don't hink crash was that great, It did a good job (like you said) of demonstrating racism... *gasp* its really hard to do in this country!... but I didn't like how the stories fit together, it was too contrived. If there was a way that they could bring together all the same central themes COHERENTLY, it would have been fantastic.

I agree. I saw it a little while back with a friend who suggested we see it. Wasn't sure what to expect of it but overall was rather enjoyable.

SK
Tue, 10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence

Originally posted by: SK

~1~

That's gotta be the worst movie of 2005.

Yeah, the critics agree.

~1~

Xollence
Tue, 10-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Everybody except you agree.

SK
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Which is why it won two awards at Sundance.

~1~