PDA

View Full Version : Soul Cutter (Zanpukhatsu) question

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Considering that every person has the potentiel to become a Shinigami (not that everyone will make it, but it's possible) and every shinigami has a coul cutter of his own which automatically appears when he is created, I once thought that the swords are created from the soul of the wielder.

But if you read a bit of what is said about the swords, it seems that they existed for quite a while (the grand fire sword, the two captains who use two swords each, the fact that each sword has a predetrminate name) and have an existence as physical objects (in a form of physical spiritoens, of course).

can someone explain this to me? is there a warhouse of soul cutters and whenever a shinigami is born a sword teleports from there into his hands? wouldn't that mean a shinigami could use two diffrent swords?

oh, and a seconed question, it was mentioned by rukia that the sould live in one of the quardrans in the spirit world, and since we saw her as a child, it seems that they also grow up (in an ultra slow rate), so do they die after a thousand years or so in the spirit world? cuz otherwise i would think the place will be filled with old people.

basey44
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:13 AM
lol well i dont know if there are any answers to ur questions, but u did raise more questions, and that it what happens to you when you die in the spirit world

Zhan
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:10 PM
mm i thought that a sword (znapakutoh) belongs to the person's power inside e.g. ichigo's sword is infact zangetsu's sword and zangetsu let him borrow it or something since he is part of ichigo.

Roko
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:23 PM
This is what I think about their zanpakutohs:

The sword is made up of a person's spirit power. Their power is compressed into the general form of a sword. I guess you can say your spirit power is another being inside of you, so that's why the sword has a name. The true form of your sword is the actual form of it, it's just that for convenience sake, the sword is kept in that general sword/katana form. As for having two swords, they may combine to make the sword's true form, such as Ikkaku's spear, which used his sword and his (guard? not sure what its called, whatever you keep your sword sheathed in) to make. Not all people can have a sword, since they have to have 1) enough spirit power to make a sword, and 2) enough control over it. One always has spirit power, it's just if he can actively awaken/release it at will and be able to have control over it.

Well, at least that's how I think about it.

kooshi
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Agreeing with Roko here. In the episode where Urahara was fighting Ichigo for the first time, he said that since Ichigo had no control over his spiritual powers, his sword was just big, all for show, which is the reason why it broke so easily against Captain Kuchiki and Urahara.