PDA

View Full Version : Gender/Polarity Issues

Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:34 AM
This is a thread for the common good...

if you're dying to get an answer froma class of people (eg. guys, girls, animal lovers, vegetarians, cops whatever)

Post Class/Type of person you are requesting an answer from (don't get too specific no one will answer)

Post question and wait...

Type: Girls/Girlfriends

Question: Why do girls like shopping

Board of Command
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Because they're using your credit card.

Type: cops
Question: Why do cops wear uniforms? Why don't they just wear regular cloths so the bad guys aren't aware of cops nearby?

SK
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:54 PM
um..there are undercover cops.

Mut
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Because they're using your credit card.

Type: cops
Question: Why do cops wear uniforms? Why don't they just wear regular cloths so the bad guys aren't aware of cops nearby?
That's a stupid question. Cops wear uniforms so people can come to them if there is any trouble.

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
you guys are being idiots.....the point of the topic is to answer the question if you fall under the category that the question is targeted at.
In other words, BOC just labeled himself as a woman

Mut
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
haha, assertn. You actually thought the GW members can follow the simple rules in a thread. I've tried this plenty of times. It doesn't work! Do you know why? It's because YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS.

EDIT: response to Assassin:

No I'm not a cop, but I don't lack common sense.

Assassin
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:09 PM
well, are u a cop mut?

Assertn
Fri, 05-06-2005, 12:37 PM
unfortunately for 010577, he chose to ask a question that targets a class that is virtually nonexistent here at GW...
which means this thread isnt going to last very long i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Itachi_y2k5
Fri, 05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
i think this thread is pointless

Assassin
Fri, 05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
ok i guess i'll ask one to the girls...although like assertn said, they're virtually non-existant, and the ones that dwell here are not the type these questions are intended for.

why are girls always talking about each other behind each others back, and making all nice and friendly in person. this is more of a train seen in the typical "girly girl" then the avg gw girl, but u'll probably have a better understanding then me

KitKat
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Alright, I'll attempt to tackle these questions even though Assassin is right - the girls here at gotwoot are NOT typical girls at all. However, I'll try to answer as best I can. Be prepared for some sweeping generalizations.

Ok, for the shopping question. I think that shopping is an integral social activity for most girls. The mall is a place to go and hang out with your friends. Also, matters of appearance are VERY important to most girls, and a big part of this is making sure that your clothes are 'cool'. Since the definition of 'cool' changes every few months, some girls feel the need to update their wardrobes every few months. Some girls are also incapable of buying things without their friends there to say, "That outfit looks so CUTE on you! You have to buy it!"
Personally, I find shopping too time-consuming and annoying, so someone who enjoys it more may be able to answer better.

Next for Assassin's question. I'm gonna answer this in terms of linguistics, since that's what I know best. If you look at gender differences in conversation patterns, it's been documented that conversations between guys focus on concrete things: sports game scores, what they're gonna do/what they did on the weekend, how to soup up your car, etc. Women, on the other hand, tend to talk about relational issues, how they relate to other people, or how people they know relate to each other. So, if a girl strongly dislikes someone, or is annoyed by someone, it will usually come up in conversation. However, women also avoid direct conflict more than guys. So, yeah, there's a lot of talking behind each others' backs. It's not cool, and I've seen it destroy many friendships. I'd say this is probably the one thing that keeps me from being friends with a lot of girls. I hate the fakeness and pretend niceness. Maybe someone else has a better explanation, but those are my thoughts.

Kezren
Sat, 05-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Type: Girls

Question: If a certain problem in a relationship is forgiven and one would think for all intensive purposes forgotten, Why is it necessary for you to bring it up whenever you beleive it would give foot hold in an argument? Now maybe some of the guys do this to,so I may just be naive, but I personally forget when I say I forgive and forget.

Sat, 05-07-2005, 10:14 AM
for the girls...

do you girls have any questions for the hooligan masculinity of the GW community?