PDA

View Full Version : Episode 133 Discussion!!!

Dezalanel
Wed, 05-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Sub is out by DB. Posted in Release Info thread.

All I have to say about this episdoe is HOLY SHIT!!!!!! They really made the action badass in this episode. I said hoy shit like 10 times through out watching it! I can not believe how much stuff they added too PLUS the changed a lot of stuff from the manga(I would have prefered it would have been more true to the manga but I am not going to complain since I freaking thought this episode rocked hard!)

DISCUSS!

woofcat
Wed, 05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Ahh, Must wait like 3 hours to download but i have to sleep and then wake up and go to school. Arg. Will watch asap and get back to you all.

Y
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Jesus Christ.

Comments:

The action added was all great. All of it. Great choreography, everything.

The art blew ass. This episode had the worst art in the series.

And congratulations Sasuke, you have transformed into CURSE SEAL LEVEL FAGGOT.

Mut
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:33 PM
This episode was absolutely horrible. I hated everything about it except a few parts of the fight scenes.

Y
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Mutata is a crybaby.

http://img2.echo.cx/img2/9739/bscap0176gr.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

BrockLee
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Great fighting, crappy animation! I can't believe what is probably the best fight in the Naruto series was ruined by such crappy animation. Thankfully the next episode looks to return to normal.

Y
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:41 PM
You don't know what the word "animation" means if you think it was bad in this episode compared to the rest of the series.

Aeon
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
WTF, what was the matter with the animation? This ep was great plus Sasuke getting his 3rd dot was cool. Naruto doesnt stand a chance now that Sasuke has gone lvl2.

Y
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:51 PM
The problem was with the godawful art.

yapchagi
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:57 PM
finally sasuke level 2...
u know what...he looks like a girl...i mean his lips...in level 2...
faggot sasuke...probably he wants to see Itachi that much to marry him and have a big happy family for the sake of Uchiha clan...

Assertn
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:59 PM
special effects were neat and all......

i was hugely dissappointed that they didnt SHOW the images of naruto that sasuke was seeing with his 3rd pupil sharingan

Foomanchew24
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Sauske looks like a reject from KISS. Looks like they used a completely different studio to animate this, as well as the art being different. I didn't think it sucked, it's just not the normal animation team I think. Looks like they had to get someone else to do it and that they have been working on it for awhile. The next episode looks like the same animation and art style from the preview.

Need to watch this several times because it was amazing.

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
The next episode looks like totally different animation and art style from the preview.

Fixed.

kaniskii
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:41 AM
I have been visiting this site since back in December of this past year, I'm just not really into posting, but this episode forced me to talk about it. It was a great episope imo. Prob. one of the best I have seen as far as the fighting goes. I havent had so much fun watching a Naruto eps in a long time. Watching this made me understand what was going on in the fight in the manga, gonna have to go back and check it out. I do feel that the manga conveyed sasuke seeing naruto as an equal in a better way. And sasuke getting the third eye felt stronger in the manga also.

As for the art, I think they used this kind of animation to show the fighting in a way they could not do with the regular animation they use. Prob. because of how much it would cost.
This is the same animation as when they had the fights with sasuke and Oro and Oro and the third and rock lee and garra

But even though it looks kinda weird, It's understandable and, to me, it looks badass.

Mosky_Kong
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:44 AM
so the action was good and it looked good but the art blew ass? Elaborate please.

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Uh, yeah, you pretty much got it down.

basey44
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
special effects were neat and all......

i was hugely dissappointed that they didnt SHOW the images of naruto that sasuke was seeing with his 3rd pupil sharingan

are u serious!? i havent watched it yet but how can they not put that in, wen we saw that in the manga it was like "ah so thats how the sharingan works"

Mosky_Kong
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Uh, yeah, you pretty much got it down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/jastazdevl1/ohman.png

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by: Mosky_Kong

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/jastazdevl1/ohman.png

http://img2.echo.cx/img2/7237/d397fc0d6e8629093d79b32b562043.jpg

Mut
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:20 AM
I felt bad for the anime only viewers since the anime did a shittastic job of explaining how the sharingan works. So, I resized the pages from the manga. They're a bit small but you don't need to read anything, you can see at what it actually does. By the way... you read it from right to left...
1. http://img43.echo.cx/img43/5978/narutoch230p06075hd.png
2. http://img217.echo.cx/img217/7092/narutoch230p087qy.png 3. http://img16.echo.cx/img16/3773/narutoch230p091id.png
4. http://img207.echo.cx/img207/6483/narutoch230p115md.png 5. http://img227.echo.cx/img227/4601/narutoch230p124kp.png
It's chapter 230 of the manga, for those of you who want to check it out.

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:54 AM
the filler flashbacks were boring and needlessly dragged on! iruka sensei and the noodle house?....Unacceptable!!!

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Jesus Christ, this episode had more vibrant action than the last 10. Are you being sarcastic?

heero
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:00 AM
I didnt think the art was bad. I thought everything was perfect and I loved the effects. I loved how they added so much more stuff to it cause I read the manga and it gets boring when everything is the same. I dont get one part though. When naruto used kage bunshin and threw sasuke to the mountain and sasuke used a fire jitsu and then later tossed naruto to the ground head first, sasuke started puking. Why was he puking?? And when naruto said "amazing" to sasuke after getting toasted, that just seemed strange. He looked like he's under water or sumthing?

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Jesus Christ, this episode had more vibrant action than the last 10. Are you being sarcastic?

O_O

benjaminz
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by: heero

I dont get one part though. When naruto used kage bunshin and threw sasuke to the mountain and sasuke used a fire jitsu and then later tossed naruto to the ground head first, sasuke started puking. Why was he puking?? And when naruto said "amazing" to sasuke after getting toasted, that just seemed strange. He looked like he's under water or sumthing?

my guess is sasuke was trying way too hard, you know when you over-exert yourself... and naruto, he just got owned... that's all. I guess he would've died there if it weren't for the Kyuubi.

anywayz, best episode since the neji one =o

Mut
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Jeff_from_MD, why don't you actually try posting something? Or just don't post at all if all you're going to type is 3 characters. Shit, 2 characters, one twice.

ZakuHan
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I really don't normally like to swear, but the only way I can think to describe the episode is fucking awesome. The art was almost as bad as one of the hokage fight episodes but I can look past that, the action was just great.

And thanks for posting that manga clip Mut, I wish they woulda put that in the anime, instead of just "I can see!" like against Orochimaru.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Infuckingcredible! This totally blew past all my expectations of this fight!

I don't care what people are saying about the artwork. I think its great. I think using the less detailed drawing is what allows for the more fluid movement, which is much more important here. And, honestly, I think Naruto's face in this episode looked the best I've seen it look while he was in Fox mode. Like the guy said, this is the same animation team that did Sasuke Vs. Oro and Oro vs the 3rd, and I like the work they do, I think it just works for fights.

Fox chakra naruto is just awsome. Its nice to see that apparently killing Naruto just makes the fox revive him, but also gives the fox control, cause I really don't think Naruto has any control over himself anymore.

And you guys who are complaining about the way Sharingan was watching Naruto need to go back and watch it again because that effect in the manga is totally there in the anime, where there are red "phantom" images telegraphing naruto's moves.

The only sour note in this symphony is Sasuke's lvl 2...why lipstick? I mean jesus fuck. And the hair? Good god.

And yes, Jeff WAS being sarcastic. I caught it at least.

Sam98034
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Oh man this episode was sooooooooooooooo boring. I mean, how many times do they have to go back to Kakashi and the dog? And did we really need anymore flashbacks in this episode too?? I mean, come on guys, this is getting ridiculous. When do we get to see any real action? I hope the real fighting starts sometime soon.

that's good sarcasm.

Crows_Kill
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Great stuff. I was really hoping they would crank up the animation for this figth and they did not disapoint. The art was all over the palce, it looked like they had four different studios animating the scenes as the character designs, fluidity of animation, and the effects all changes as the episode progreses. Alot of the scenes reminded me of FLCL it was so exagerated and disjointed, but don;t get me wrong I loved it. I liek it when artists and animators aren;t afraid to expirement with different styles. It dosent always work, but in this case it really did.
The more cartoony look of the characters in the rally high action parts of the fight seemed to exagerate the extreme level of power being used and lent itself to more fluid animation.
The more detailed designs in the more dramatic moments were great. i loved the way you coud see throught the transparent cornea of the eye in the one scene where sasuke first gets the 3rd dot. I also noticed the cord of the necklace the tsunade gave naruto showing on his neck when they showed the first close up of his face after their first exchange in the fight.
I really enjoyed the additions to the fight the animators threw in, most fit perfectly. The only thing that bugged me was the extended figth scene on the cliffside- they completely shifted not just the characters but apparently the physics of the entire world 90 degrees, but thats a relatively minor nit pic on an other wise phenominal episode.

basey44
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:56 AM
wow, just wow, that episode was fantastic

hopeknight
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:14 AM
The animation team that did this episode (and the ones previously mentioned by others in this thread) IS the reason I watch the Naruto anime, otherwise, I'd only follow the manga. Being an animation student I can really appreciate the fluidity of motion that they achieve, I hope I can animate like that before I graduate.

Awesome episode.

EDIT: Also, the 'Narutorpedoes' were fricking hilarious.

Augury
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:42 AM
so the action was good and it looked good but the art blew ass? Elaborate please.
Mosky_Kong:
Art refers to how the character is drawn. If you look at still frames of naruto or sasuke during the first part of the episode, their faces and such are clearly in different proportions than how they are drawn in "normal" episodes.
Animation refers to how the images / art flow and move. Most people agree that the animation in this episode is great, which I agree with. Some people don't like the art, others do. That's what's being discussed.

I dont get one part though. When naruto used kage bunshin and threw sasuke to the mountain and sasuke used a fire jitsu and then later tossed naruto to the ground head first, sasuke started puking. Why was he puking?? And when naruto said "amazing" to sasuke after getting toasted, that just seemed strange. He looked like he's under water or sumthing?
heero:
My interpretation is that the viewer is supposed to be led to believe at this point that sasuke has just killed naruto (with a renge-similar technique?), thus prompting a now-I-vomit-because-I-just-killed-my-best-friend-OMG reaction from sasuke.
I think naruto saying "amazing" was like saying "wow that was an incredible counter, there's fiery-molten-something left on the landscape."

My take on the episode... while I thought some of the art was laughable, and some parts were incredibly lame such as sasuke going into various stances after landing a hit on naruto or random logs being ready to be used to prop naruto and sasuke up after falling into the water, I also felt that the episode gave the viewer (or just me) a feeling of getting better and better as it moved along just from the sheer quantity of action, quality of animation, and character ability development that was introduced. This episode was like the beginning of the storm after the... calm before the storm. The pace picked up, and it was fun to watch; it was one of those episodes that hook people to a series despite random lameness inserted here and there.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:07 AM
EDIT: Also, the 'Narutorpedoes' were fricking hilarious.

As was the "skating" over the water that he did.

Oh, and the super shout that blasts away fire! New powers out of the ass! Woo!

And forget what I said in the other thread about Naruto should learn taijitsu from Kiba, because apparently drawing on the fox gives you awsome taijitsu automatically.

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Oh, and the super shout that blasts away fire! New powers out of the ass! Woo!

New powers? He reflected shit with chakra alone waaaaaaaay back in episode 17.

ForgottenSpiral
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Best episode EVER. As much as I like the anime as a whole the main reason I keep watching is for the Naruto/Kyuubi moments. To me that is the backbone of the series and to finally see it brought to the foreground really makes me excited.

I was about to go to sleep before I watched this and now I'm wide fucking awake (damn it). I was literally yelling stuff like "Yeah, suck it sasuke, you little bitch!" at my monitor when Fox-Naruto was doing his thing. I'm not normally that crazy of a fan, but... well Kyuubi will do that to me.

The whole time I'm wondering... what exactly is Kakashi trying to get there before? Before Sasuke transforms all the way? Before one kills the other? Or before Kyuubi gets more control over Naruto than he should...?

Oh I can't wait until next week. I suppose I could read the manga, but as much as I like manga I don't think still pictures could compare to an animated fight scene like the one I just saw.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-05-2005, 05:34 AM
whow nice epi.
did anyone liked the new drawing style i didn't..-.-
and sasuke lvl2 looked very feminine.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-05-2005, 05:56 AM
HOLY SHIT! that was spectacular!

my only thoughts outside of amazement and awe are that Sasuke really seemed to act like Neo in this episode, even his stance, especially at about 10:08.
Also, when Naruto became Narutorpedo's Naruto look very much like some kinda freaky flying fish, or a salmon trying to get upstream to spawn and die.

spanks
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:32 AM
"I think using the less detailed drawing is what allows for the more fluid movement, which is much more important here"

dong ding ding ding ding
we have a winner! thats exactly what its about

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Haven't seen the episode yet (damn you bittorrent download FASTER) but I'm just wondering. If it ends with Sasuke going level 2 does that mean we get to see naruto use the kyubi armor as I like to call it?

basey44
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:56 AM
yep and its cool as, especially wen he uses the chakra to do his taijutsu for him

Insane Ear
Thu, 05-05-2005, 07:17 AM
That was a great episode, I liked seeing the manga in action, I always feel that the battle-music in Naruto is excellent and really enhances the mood, so it was great watching that fight. Although I felt some of the art was stupid, like when Sasuke gets punches right after Naruto goes Kyuubi, and also the narutorpedoes looked dumb.

Aramis
Thu, 05-05-2005, 07:41 AM
What a cool episode! But weird at the same time. Some of the drawing seems different than the rest of the series. A bit more toonish, maybe. The way their faces twisted and the extra-long bunshin chain and everything.
Sasuke's doing well, not really getting hit because of the sharingan, but everyone who's gone "level two" has died so far. That power will corrupt him, sure, but what about Naruto? He's just about possessed by the kyubi.
I never expected Sasuke to say something like "You're special, but I'm more special than you" but it was funny. Wonder how it's gonna be.

tMrx8st
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:33 AM
This episode choreography and animation was alot similar to the episode where Team 7 met Orochimaru in the forest. It was where Sasuke fought Orochimaru. The graphics were lot similar and imo I like graphic/animation lot better than the previous crap that I had to see.

Kaka
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
It was a great episode, they should make more out of certain stuff though, sasuke just got the 3 dot sharingan, there was no real trigger for it, it just happened, it was better when itachi got his mangekyou.

The sasuke - orochimaru fight was badass, and i liked the animation on that fight, aswell as not minding the downgrade in this episode, it would be good if they could do that stuff with good animation though, i think they might on the nex episode which should be good.

by looking at the preview, the fight ends next episode which is a pretty short fight, or at least pretty short action and too much talking, but overall i liked the episode and im looking forward to the next one.

RasenDori
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:12 AM
i frickin loved this episode. the animation was great, but i dont think that the art work was nearly as horrible as other may. i think that this particular team does some exagerated things that i apreciate. i punch to the face seems to have a lot more force if persons face caves in. and i like what happened to sasukes eyes when he got punched in the gut. it makes you say "damn... that looked like it hurt." you can get away with things like that in an anime or a cartoon. it only last an instant, doesnt take crazy special effects to do, and since they are drawings you dont question if someones face is really that rubbery. i liked some of the changes they made from the manga, but they should have kept the sharingan explaination

WRX Sti
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:38 AM
One of the best episodes so far.... but have to say that sasuke looked like a fag... other than that it was one of the most action packed episodes for a long time...

Goingin
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Crazy ep! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Good fighting, bad animation (i was really wondering if my eyes were screwed up, guess they werent i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:41 PM
i think what bugs me more than anything is that Naruto is pretty much the only series where the graphical style can change dramatically (and in more ways than one) every week. It feels unprofessional.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh but if it didn't do that, what would people have to bitch about every week? These threads would be half as long as they are now.

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
i was pleased to see this animation studio finally get another episode after so long as well.. frankly the animation for fights is more important than the artwork..

question: what are the episodes this animation studio has done thus far? i think it's 30, 48, 71 and this one (133). were there any others i missed?

Tohan
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Who would've known Sasuke stage 2 was an indian tribe chief.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Sasuke looks like the biggest faggot ever in lvl 2...

kaigan
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
wow.... the art work is fucking horrible. one of the worst in naruto series so far. yet, this episode has the most action and not much talk. just pure action.

the made the characters looks like when they were little kids.

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:31 PM
anyone notice that naruto's abilities in the new kyubi mode is like gaara's except with chakra instead of sand?
an absolute chakra defense and ranged chakra attacks

Assassin
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:02 PM
anyone also notice that, in the beginnign atleast, it seems like naruto isn't in control at all, and kyuubi is using him as a puppet. it almost seemed like he was trying to resist.

damn though that was one crazy ass ep. best fight ever, all except the naruto-salmons.

i liked the new kagebunshin "rope" technique naruto used. hopefully that'll become a part of his arsenal of kagebunshin related jutsus.

the onyl complain i ahve with this ep is how the power keeps switching form one char to the otehr. forst naruto is strong, then sasuke gets a 3rd dot and hes stronger, then naruto unleashes kyuubi even more and hes stronger still, then sasuke goes lv 2 and hes EVEN stronger (or so it seems from the pattern). i reall hope sasuke still gets tossed around. or that thet keep naruto atleast marginally stronger, and make it a double ko or something.

mage
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Are you people crazy? This episode had some of the best animation in the series. There's a difference in "animation" and "art", you know. Animation is how things move and art is how they look. The art was quite good too, though the characters were a bit messed up at times, but definately not the 'worst in the series' like some of you have said.

This is probably my second favorite episode so far. Episode 133 is definately better in the anime than in the manga, which is a very rare thing.

ES
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:37 PM
i think what bugs me more than anything is that Naruto is pretty much the only series where the graphical style can change dramatically (and in more ways than one) every week. It feels unprofessional.

I agree..but what if they have guests animatros or such per episode? May seem unlikely though. Or what if they are experimenting on several ways of drawing Naruto. As for me, I can only make theories about this.

Jessper
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:42 PM

I know! That bugs the crap out of me =\

I don't understand why this episode out of all the recent ones had to have crappy art =\ I just hope next week is much better.

anyone notice that naruto's abilities in the new kyubi mode is like gaara's except with chakra instead of sand?

When he grabs on to the rock with his "tail" and swings to the face of the cliff, Gaara using his tail and arm as a sling shot poped into my mind.

Though, all in all I loved this episode and can't wait for next week. I also hope Kakashi doesn't screw it up i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

RasenDori
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by: kaigan
wow.... the art work is fucking horrible. one of the worst in naruto series so far. yet, this episode has the most action and not much talk. just pure action.

the made the characters looks like when they were little kids.

they ARE little kids

eat_toast
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:01 PM
wow.... awesome episode... i really liked when naruto first starts to fight, and slams sasuke into the cliff after the combo.
also, i can see what you guys mean about the art, its different, but definitely great animation.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Great. Sasuke looks surprisingly effeminate in lvl 2.

^_^

Knives122
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
I was going to make a joke saying that you were in the episode Terra but that would've been to mean

kooshi
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:16 PM
True that on the Sasuke lvl2 appearance. Long hair and lipstick, he turned into a woman!

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I was going to make a joke saying that you were in the episode Terra but that would've been to mean

Mean? More like regular. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DB_Hunter
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
So is lvl 2 Sasuke gonna replace Kimi, Sakon and Neji as your fav?

Nin10doman
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Uh..Hi. I've bene kinda "lurking" on these forums for a while now, but now I've decided to join. And my first comment on this episode is (in a Cartman-ish voice):

Sweeeeeet.

I loved nearly everything about this episode--so much action and very good animation. Maybe this was supposed to be an episode to "hook" people onto the series who had heard about the movie and wanted to check it out. Or maybe not, but whatever the case this was a great ep.

But Sasuke Lvl. 2....Oh man, I'm ready for Kakashi to arrive, see Sasuke's "new look," and just fall over laughing...

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
So is lvl 2 Sasuke gonna replace Kimi, Sakon and Neji as your fav?

He would if he had his hair down. The haircut totally destroys it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:45 PM
well anyway the ART is....questionable(I guess its based on how you wanted the fight to look) I'll admit that the actual fight was amazing, but I agree with alot of you that said they messed up the cool parts of this fight(the third tomoe, the tracing of Naruto's movements, and Sasuke and Naruto on the rock when Sasuke got the third comma)(oh and the Kyuubi thing) but other then that the ep was good, and we will be returning to the regular animation

Bakko
Thu, 05-05-2005, 07:42 PM
There's one thing that's bugging me that people need to understand:
Animation doesn't mean how well it's drawn.

It's the art. Animation is the movement of the frames. The animation is fantastic because the movement is so fluent. Why do you think people call GIF files 'animated GIFs'. Well, the obvious answer would be that they're animated! You wouldn't said that the animation of a JPEG file is horrible, now would you?

Secondly, I didn't find the art bad at all. It suited the situations perfectly. When the two of them were still and you were just staring at their faces, the art was well done and detailed. Then when they were going all super-fast, the detail level was toned down because you were viewing that cell for a fraction of a second. Then I've heard a few people complain that Sasuke looks "rediculous" when Naruto repeled his fire attack (Fire is so dependable in this anime, isn't it?) with chakra. It's the same chakra 'sweep' move he used in the very beginning to blow Sasuke off guard except a great deal stronger, thus smashing his face in the same way as if you were to stick your face in a leaf blower. Go ahead. I encourage you to try it if you don't believe me.

All-in-all, I thought this was the best fight in the series. Art quality doesn't bother me when the action is so intense.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 07:48 PM
oh my fucking goodness...
But I think that's been said already. Along with:
1. One of the best fight scenes in the series so far
2. Sasuke looked like a fairy
3. That thing about how the sharigan works being left out
4. Art does not equal animation, cuz the animation was orgasmic.
5. ZOMFG!!!!!11one Kyuubi pwns.
and so forth...

Definitely definitely one of my favorite episodes.
Oh, and episode 48 is not the same kind of animation as this episode's. It just uses a lot of CGI, but is still very fluid (also one of my fav. eps).

Jaredster
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Jesus Christ, you guys wern't kidding when you said the animation sucked in this episode.

Animation was good, but art was horrid... probably the worst yet.

Mae
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, that was... interesting....

Good: Seeing sasuke fight hand-to hand, I've always liked his style. Sasuke's third sharingan mark showing up. Sasuke burning the chain of Naruto clones. Sasuke throwing up after breaking Naruto's neck. Kyuubi appearing above naruo god-style and bringing him back. And again I like how they use the setting in the fight (on the water, under it, on the walls).

Bad: The music was TERRIBLE, especially that god-aweful electric guitar solo when they were standing on the logs. It changed often and unnecessarily. Bad producers. And why random log-standing? They CAN stand on the water after all. The distorted faces earlier on in the fight were distracting and ugly. And Sasuke's transformation... I'm seldom given to internet slang, but OMGWTF!? I REALLY hope it doesn't last long...

So-so: I don't know if I like Naruto's transformation or not. Better looking than Sasuke's, no doubt, but I'm not really sold yet.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I agree. Naruto's transformation was better. Even the way it is executed is so awesome.
Now that I watch it again, the distorted faces ARE distracting, but the animation is still kick-ass. Sooooo flooid. I can't say enough good things about how good the fight scenes were, so I'll leave it at that.
Also, I really love that one song they play when Naruto transforms. They played it at the end of episode 132 as well. It's really cool - very fitting. Too bad it's not on any OST.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow, kyuubi=total ownage. That chakra technique is amazing, I hope he'll master it later on. It seems like that's still nowhere near kyuubi's true power, because it only gave Naruto a little bit so he can fight on.

Lvl 2 Sasuke is just...wtf? Transvestite?

pauLisme
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:17 PM
i expect another episode of measly flashbacks and shit, but 15 seconds into it i'm just thinkin, "holy shit holy shit holy shit.."
gotta say that the fighting is one of the BEST i've ever seen so far. hands down. i haven't had so much fun watchin a naruto episode since sasuke and orochimaru fought.
i wonder, tho, even though the animation sucked balls, would the fighting be as good if the regular animation was used. i don't think the fight scenes would've been as fluid and smooth.

mushaden
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:50 PM
i hated this episode and i really feel that it means i have nothing to look forward to in this show any more. the new music is terrible, the drawing of both sasuke and naruto gets worse and worse, the fighting is mindless almost being like dbz, the special effects (red chakra that looked like it had real fire behind it when it was lifting naruto out of the water mainly) and 'artistic' camera angles and scenery just all seem rather stupid and annoy me for some reason.

Sasuke's Goddess
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I was so excited to finally see this fight animated.

The animation was awesome, fluid movement and action. I really like the part where Naruto flips Sasuke around in mid-air. I wish they wouldn't have had such awkward art at times though. The episode as a whole was pretty good though, but, what the hell was with the Sakon-esque trend of Sasuke's level 2? Lipstick? Disappointing, I hope I don't have to see very much of this.

Destroyor
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
I was gone for quite awhile but this crappy eps forced me to post HOW SHITTY it was! Thanks for ruining one of the nice fight, now I will forever remember how gay this fight look in anime -_-||||.

Sasuke curse seal used to look cool, now he just look gay+shitty+faggot+dumb+whateverothercrapwordyoucan thinkof.

GEEEEEEEBBBBBBBUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!

ChaosK
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
how the hell do u think this fight was gay? it was 1 of the best fights yet!!

but sasuke really does (u guys will kill me for this) SSJ3 goku from DBZ I SWEAR!

other refrences were made to but i wont list them because Y and mut will flame me....i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

oh wait, i wont be here to recieve the flames anyway so here i go!

when naruto turns kyubi he's constipated like when some1 turns SSJ in DBZ

sasuke's flame dragon attack aftermath was pretty much exactly like namek

(ok thats enough)

question: how the HELL does naruto survive with a puddle of lava in his face and all around him?

since when does lava stay there for good effects only?

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Those were pretty stupid parallels.
Except for the Kyuubi/SSJ thing. That's pretty much true.

Sasuke's Goddess
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

question: how the HELL does naruto survive with a puddle of lava in his face and all around him?

They're amazing ninja, don't underestimate the amazing heat resistance.

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

How does Sasuke run at superspeed? The friction would peel the skin from his face. How does he breath fire? How do giant animals teleport when you wave your hands in a certain direction?

Bakko
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Some people are starting to have Naruto and Life merge in their minds. Quit making dumb "that doesn't seem very realistic" remarks.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Don't forget all the face smashing in this episode.
How many times were they each thrown into rocks or a cliff?
XP

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
all i gotta say, is that sasuke should NOT be able to withstand the attacks he got in that ep......
back in the 1st saga, i dont think anyone couldve withstood those attacks

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Too true. Getting thrown into a mountain and having the mountain break apart is the very definition of a DBZ fight feature. And I'm surprised the series is already at that level where the characters are able to shrug those off.

Y
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Some of the mountain smashing jazz wasn't in the manga, but Sasuke taking the hit from Kyuubi Naruto and being smashed into a cliff was. I don't have a problem with it.

Roko
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:06 PM
They are ninjas. End of Story. Deal with It.

basey44
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
lol yea naruto has lost some of its realism, some of u might ask wat realism was there to begin with, but there was slight realism at the start, eg. wen sasuke throws shurikens at hits kakashi, sakura and naruto think kakashi has died (yes it was a log but they didnt know that) someone probably wouldnt die now if they got hit by a shuriken

kooshi
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Still, even in reality, I don't think almost anyone can die from one shuriken normally. The piercing damage is somewhat low, compared to many other stabbing weapons, which is why ninjas use throw multiple shurikens. It's just my analysis anyways.
Yes, Sasuke taking all those beatings and such can be a little bit ridiculous, but hey, it's just a fantasy world. Who cares about these details. Just sit back and enjoy as much as you can.

SeifeR
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:40 PM
that was an insane episode, they coulda made sasuke look better as curse lvl 2, but overall i thought it was pretty dam intense, when sasuke got the 3rd comma that was cool.
cant wait for the next one!

Crows_Kill
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:52 PM
One thing to keep in mind about he fights int his episode- alot of it was just inserted by the animators to extend the fight and make it more interesting. If you paced it the same way they did in the manga, it would have lasted 10 min tops, even with the flashbacks. That means most of the action was not "sanctioned" by the original author and was never meant to exagerate the fight to that scale. Yes, the figth was very dragonball esque, but in a good way. They used about 10 times the number if frames you would ever see in a dbz episode, had much fewer redudant attacks and screaming matches, and aside from sasukes jitsus, no one yelled out the name of their attacks or their transfromations.
Over all, it was on eof the best fights in the entire series. I think the fight was so over the top because the producers knew their audience was almost entirely jaded anime fans like ourselves and they had to do somethign to grab our attention. If it was just a few body blows and near misses with a few singed whiskers thrown in, we would have been so diapointed most of us would have never watched the show again. They chose to make the attacks more violent, more damaging, and much more spectacular just to wow us.
After the bone crunching and limb severing action of shows like ninja scroll, kenshin, basalisk, elfin leid, and gantz just to name a few, they had to amp it up so it would stand out not just in the tone of the series but to compete against other shows airing against it and fighting for dvd space. I think they made a good choice.
For every show thats stretches the creative envelope like eva, samurai champloo. flcl, or now naruto i t semms, we have dozens of db-gt's, sailormoons, and semi mythical samurai opera's that suck more than a cheep hooker stuffed into a hoover in a black hole. I support creativety and expirementation in animation, especially if it;s in the cause of a damn good fight.

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I got no problem w/all the smashing around and rIdiculous montain crashing and impossible-to-withstand beatings. I loved the over-the-top fight. It made it much more exciting. The exaggerated movements and explosive attacks really made this episode stand out (as many have already commented) and seemed very appropriate for this fight. But...
I guess all of that seems to make Naruto a different show than before. It wasn't untill basey mentioned an ealier arc that I realized this used to be a show about ninjas, not crazy powered up fights. It seems that each of the story arcs has a different feel to it so far. Thinking about each respective story (ie. the wave country, the chuunin exams, the gaara fight, etc) leaves it's individual impression upon the series. This most recent fight between Naruto and Sasuke, which I had been looking forward to, did not disappoint. It's brought to surface a rivalry growing since the beggining. My only problem is that it seems to be taking place in a part of the story where Ninja tactics and jutsus and the like have been substituted for a mass powerup competition between characters of now unbelievable strength. The awkwardness of the aforementioned "I'm stronger...but wait...I'm stronger...oh no...I'M STRONGER" as each character reaches a higher level of power is a good example of this. I'm glad all of the emotion is still in the series - which is great because it helps define the characters and keep the viewer intimate w/them as the story progresses. But it seems as if the show has now gone in a completely different direction. Don't get me wrong - I already said this was one of my favorite eps as of now and it IS damn cool. I just miss the feel of the earlier episodes I guess.

Jonathan-san
Fri, 05-06-2005, 01:38 AM
just watched the DB fansub of Naruto episode 133, and it was badass! Is it just me or has the animation style changed considerably in the fighting and actions scenes? The animation style looks familiar, but i cant really think of what anime it kind of resembles...

Kortir
Fri, 05-06-2005, 01:39 AM
holy crap... I don't care what anyone says, this episode gave me a massive mindgasm. XD

...I actually had to go back and check what flashbacks people were talking about. I honestly hadn't noticed. My impression- "HOLY CRAP THE FIGHTING RAWKS ohquicknothingflashback OMG SO DAMN COOL"

hehheh. gotta love it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sam98034
Fri, 05-06-2005, 02:54 AM
What bothered me is that Sasuke didn't even seem phased by any of Naruto's blows in the begining. I don't mind the fact that he can withstand some of these blows and try to shrug them off, but it's as if the blows never happened. He didn't really look beat up or anything either. That's the only thing that was wierd about the episode, everything else was good.

Natural Cause
Fri, 05-06-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
lol yea naruto has lost some of its realism, some of u might ask wat realism was there to begin with

There was never realism to begin with.
-----------------------------------

I don't see why your all sitting here bitching about the ART (Yes its been mentioned 100's of times already that the ART was shocking, NOT THE ANIMATION). What would you all rather have? Quality art but sacrifice animation for shitty flash backs. Slow scenes that consist of 1 image repeated for 3 seconds to give the illusation that sasuke is shocked because naruto took a hit with no damage.

Or sacrifice the art for longer, more forfilling exciting animation with no flashbacks, filler or reused frames that is made in 6 days by a team who i bet hardly any of you know what consists of to actually get the job done.

End of story it was a good episode and they redeemed themselves from all the flashbacks we recieved for the last few weeks. Stop fucking bitching.

cybercoin
Fri, 05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Yeah, Sasuke does like a fag

heh ^_^ Sasuke-chan XD

Sam98034
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by: cybercoin

heh ^_^ Sasuke-chan XD

you mean naruto or "look like"

basey44
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by: cybercoin

haha he'll love oro then

MFauli
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by:Natural Cause

Wrong, there WAS!
In the beginning, it was said that a ninja has to fight secretly, out of a hidden position, with tactic and such stuff.
And now, there are only offensive fights, eye in eye......thats not very ninja-esque.
And with the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in this new episode, it has reached its climax.
Stone is crumbling, the characters are withstanding the deadliest attacks, and both combatants are turning into SSJ (Naruto) or SSJ4 (Sasuke).

Yeah, in the beginning, there WAS kind of realism.

What would you all rather have? Quality art but sacrifice animation for shitty flash backs.
Or sacrifice the art for longer, more forfilling exciting animation .

Why not do it like in the fight "Rock Lee vs. Kimimarou" ?
Great art AND great animation?

Anyway, this was a great episode, Naruto Kyuubi Level 2 rockz!
Can´t wait being able to play him in the next Naruto game for Nintendo Gamecube ^^

jing
Fri, 05-06-2005, 07:53 AM
i thought the animation on this ep is beetter than rock lee's. like i don't know if it's just me, but the rock lee fight had abit of those super saiyan movements where they have that multiple punch "lines" going on. but in this ep, you can see naruto link up the punching combos with clearity.

by the way, i liked the way naruto attacked sasuke like a shark in the water. lol.

Natural Cause
Fri, 05-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by: MFauli

Originally posted by:Natural Cause

Wrong, there WAS!
In the beginning, it was said that a ninja has to fight secretly, out of a hidden position, with tactic and such stuff.
And now, there are only offensive fights, eye in eye......thats not very ninja-esque.
And with the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in this new episode, it has reached its climax.
Stone is crumbling, the characters are withstanding the deadliest attacks, and both combatants are turning into SSJ (Naruto) or SSJ4 (Sasuke).

Yeah, in the beginning, there WAS kind of realism.

Yeah i guess your right, having a star hit you in the spin wouldn't kill you in real life so episode 1 has realism

Having 10's and 100's of ice needles thrown at you stabbing all over your body wouldn;t make you bleed in real lift so the first arc has realism.

Then the whole enviroment been weird cos they have cameras and such yet if it was like real life we would have cameras but no cars or anything else like we do now *rolls eyes*

ITS A FUCKING CARTOON YOU CANNOT COMPAIR IT TO REAL LIFE. My god damn geeks...

Originally posted by: MFauli

What would you all rather have? Quality art but sacrifice animation for shitty flash backs.
Or sacrifice the art for longer, more forfilling exciting animation .

Why not do it like in the fight "Rock Lee vs. Kimimarou" ?
Great art AND great animation?

Anyway, this was a great episode, Naruto Kyuubi Level 2 rockz!
Can´t wait being able to play him in the next Naruto game for Nintendo Gamecube ^^

How long was the rocklee/kimimaro fight taking out all of the flash packs and small enviroment? I mean naruto/sasuke were fighting on water, the water effects looked pretty cool :/ BUT OMG WOW rock lee and kimimaro were fighting on grass with far less difficult scenary to create thus they could spend more time on characters. Get a fucking clue dude you have absolutely no idea whats involved in making a cartoon let alone a simple picture. They make the episode in 6 days. I would like to see you make a 15 second video of the same quality in 6 days. I doubt you could do it.

Werder
Fri, 05-06-2005, 10:32 AM
That episode was INTENSE!! I've been looking forward to this fight and HOLY CRAPPOLA it blew me away!
The fighting animation was brilliant, especially the kage bunshin rope, and the first time when Naruto throws Sasuke into the cliff by flipping him round by the ankles..
And another cool bit was near the end where you could see Kyuubi-Naruto's eyes glowing in the settling dust..

As for the random logs perfectly cut for them to stand on (and this is for *all* the stuff people are saying is unrealistic) - this isn't just action going on here, it's drama people!!! Come on! Standing on the logs obviously represents 'stepping outside of the current situation' to talk seriously about their feelings... and the ridiculous level of action going on was just a reflection of their inner turmoil*

Otherwise, this episode KICKED MUCH ASS.

And Sasuke should get a different colour lipstick, the one he wears really doesn't suit.

*This statement may contain a pile of smelly BULLSHIT

tsumetai
Fri, 05-06-2005, 11:16 AM
To everyone who is calling naruto DBZ-esque:

first of all, it is unavoidable for naruto to have some DBZ elements seeing as how many characters are concerned with gaining power.

Secondly though, Kyuubi is not a ninja. It doesnt make sense for Kyuubi Naruto to still fight like a ninja. Notice how orochimaru (when fighting sasuke) doesnt use massive kyuubi-like attacks. I guess its their own style. But for ppl who are complaining about Naruto no longer being a ninja anime, well Kyuubi, or Gaara's demon are not ninjas to begin with. Remember how in episode 1 Kyuubi was causing massive damage to the village. Well, this episode is nothing in comparison.

I highly doubt Naruto would become a second DBZ

Jurojin
Fri, 05-06-2005, 11:21 AM
*still hopes that Rock Lee comes in, beats the crap out of both of them and shows that determination surpasses both genius and demon nine-tail-fox power*

I'm still not sure how to feel about it- the animation/fight scenes were spectacular, but for a moment there, a very long moment there, ok, most of the episode, the art and drawing made it feel like I was watching an episode of something other than Naruto.....

Props to Naruto for smashing Sasuke in the face to the point that he had t o hold his face in pain- When Naruto was hit in the face, he didn't do that ^_-

Assertn
Fri, 05-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
lol yea naruto has lost some of its realism, some of u might ask wat realism was there to begin with, but there was slight realism at the start, eg. wen sasuke throws shurikens at hits kakashi, sakura and naruto think kakashi has died (yes it was a log but they didnt know that) someone probably wouldnt die now if they got hit by a shuriken

it appears someone has forgotten about a giant shuriken lodged in iruka's back in the first episode

OmnislashXX
Fri, 05-06-2005, 12:28 PM
First, Naruto just wants to bring Sasuke back. "Are you sure you want to fight me?" And Naruto really doesn't want to, but Sasuke just keeps pushing it. He reveals that he's friends with Naruto, and Naruto finally says "fine. I'll fight you if that means bringing you back". So, Sasuke ends up breaking Naruto's neck with his piledriver after he recognizes Naruto as an equal. To naruto, it is a deep betrayal. Sasuke won't listen, he doesn't care about anyting except himself, because he just wants power, and to Naruto, that is what really hurts. No, not anything physical. So, what happens? The Nine tails gives him a bit of power. That is the Nine tails chakra in it's purest form. Naruto is in control of it, I believe, but he just seriously pissed. Sasuke, is going to get messed up, I don't care what level he is.

Kakashi NEEDS to get there.

Yeah, I agree with most folks, the fighting was awesome, I think the art created more fluidity to thier movements, but it took also detracted a little bit from it. But who cares, the episode made me say "Hole Shyt" about a dozen times, so why should I complain?

MFauli
Fri, 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by: Natural Cause
ITS A FUCKING CARTOON YOU CANNOT COMPAIR IT TO REAL LIFE. My god damn geeks...

Okay, well, then you wouldn´t complain, if there were suddenly flying pigs in Neon Genesis Evangelion, or dragons in Great teacher Onizuka?
Son-Goku dying ´cause of a heart attack?
Spike from Cowboy Bebop transforming into a giant coconut, which destroys a planet?

Every anime/cartoon has its own "reality", and yeah, in Naruto there are some points, where this realitiy is disturbed.

How long was the rocklee/kimimaro fight taking out all of the flash packs and small enviroment? I mean naruto/sasuke were fighting on water, the water effects looked pretty cool :/ BUT OMG WOW rock lee and kimimaro were fighting on grass with far less difficult scenary to create thus they could spend more time on characters. Get a fucking clue dude you have absolutely no idea whats involved in making a cartoon let alone a simple picture. They make the episode in 6 days. I would like to see you make a 15 second video of the same quality in 6 days. I doubt you could do it.

It doesn´t matter what could do.
I´m no anime developer.
I´m a watcher, as everyone around here.
And what are ya talking about water and grass?
Especially the grass in the RockLee vs. Kimimarou fight looked so natural....it was great.
And i couldn´t find any special water effects in episode 133....that was normal drawn water.......no great wter reflections, exceptional the characters, nothing extraordinary.
And yeah, if its soooo difficult to draw an anime as good as in the RockLee vs. Kimimarou fight, then they should have taken 2 weeks for making this episode, and noone could have complained because of the importance of this episode.

Buth ey, its no big deal, i like this episode very well, i watched it yesterday, and i watch it today again two times.
But it could have been way better.
That´s what i wanted to say.

hopeknight
Fri, 05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
They make the episode in 6 days. I would like to see you make a 15 second video of the same quality in 6 days. I doubt you could do it.

You honestly think they made this episode in 6 days? Have you noticed that there are several different animation teams handling the show? I guess not. This animation team has handled around 5 episodes in the series, they are saved for some of the more spectacular fights for the great animation they do. This episode took alot longer than 6 days to produce.

I takes a regular animator about a week to do about 30 seconds of animation. There aren't fifty animators working on this team, there are probably under twenty. Also, it also takes time to color characters, paint backgrounds, special effects, etc. After they're done that, then they record the dialogue (anime has a weird system, they should be doing the audio first so that they can actually lipsync the dialogue).

Too many people are clueless to the amount of work that goes into this stuff.

Natural Cause
Fri, 05-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: hopeknight
Have you noticed that there are several different animation teams handling the show?

I'll believe you when im able to read the credits and see for myself. Or unless they said they use different animators. But what ever floats your boat. You didnt understand my post.

Sam98034
Fri, 05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Although cartoons aren't like real life, this show is based on a true story. So there should be realism in this show.

y4but
Fri, 05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
okay, seriously.

back in the day, naruto DID have more of a sense of realism, which is why I liked it a lot initially. it was strategic. Now you idiots who are like "yo yo then why didn't iruka die from that giant shuriken yo that crap is so fake, how can that be realistic" ... okay dude, shut up. it's a hell of a lot more realistic to have real ninja stuff going on than shooting a fireball.

NOW.

The fact that the series is converging into a different fighting style, meaning less strategic, is open to interpretation. They're growing, so of course all of us want to see how their power grows. Right now I really enjoyed whats been going on, but I hope the reason why this fight was more about power as opposed to strategy was to exaggerate rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke.. that's really what they're competing for, who's stronger.

DBZ was good in like 4th grade but we're older now. The reason why i get chills when you guys make that comparison is because that would really suck balls for it to converge into that kind of series and it sucks ass that some you guys have to say that kind of thing.

#1 reason why it won't become DBZ....... DUDES! Everyone has their own special skill that they use in their own creative way. I don't care how powerful they get, if their skills don't match their opponents, its over. I don't care how strong Rock Lee gets, his chances of beating that bone dude is just really really low. THAT's what I like about this series. There ARE limits.

daisukekamiya
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:00 PM
>.O whats wrong with all of ya...sasuke looks cool even though its alittle girlly...>.< stop calling him a faggot thats a horrible word!......i hope sasuke comes back to leaf village.....

Coconatior
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:03 PM
EDIT: removed

Don't talk about episode previews in the discussion threads. Create a "134 Preview Thread" if you want to discuss it.

GotWoot Moderator

Turkish-S
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:05 PM
wtf are u shitting about realism?? its a ANIME OF NINJA"S who can do all kinda TRICKS. why don't u say matrix has no realism its just to entertain us nothing more.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I agree w/the loss of realism thing.
I think whoever said that each series has it's own sense of reality was on to something. I do think naruto is stretching it's own sense of realism. Still good though.
I agree with most of what y4but has just said.

All in all I think...
This episode: 9/10!!!

OmnislashXX
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Argh!!! Stop bringing DBZ references into Naruto discussions. This is not "compare everything that is Naruto to DBZ". They are TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS, get over it.

The Nine Tails Demon Fox was a HUGE creature with a shitload of power. It took a Hokage to imprison the thing. And I say imprison because if you think about it, they would have rather killed the damn thing rather then imprison it if they had had such power. Naruto going this crazy and letting out this much chakra is possible, because you already should know about how immensily strong it is.

Sasuke has his own power in that cursed seal of his. I'd rather expect it gives him just about as much stamina and power as the other Sound Five, and THEY weren't pushovers. Yeah there is alot going on and there is alot of chakra between the two. This is NOT a strategic battle folks, this is about two friends who are giving it thier all just to beat the living piss out of each other. Stop complaining and enjoy the show.

Myran
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm starting to notice that Sakura seems to be getting a little bit behind Naruto and Sasuke, anyone else noticed this?

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by: OmnislashXX
Argh!!! Stop bringing DBZ references into Naruto discussions. This is not "compare everything that is Naruto to DBZ". They are TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS, get over it.

The Nine Tails Demon Fox was a HUGE creature with a shitload of power. It took a Hokage to imprison the thing. And I say imprison because if you think about it, they would have rather killed the damn thing rather then imprison it if they had had such power. Naruto going this crazy and letting out this much chakra is possible, because you already should know about how immensily strong it is.

Sasuke has his own power in that cursed seal of his. I'd rather expect it gives him just about as much stamina and power as the other Sound Five, and THEY weren't pushovers. Yeah there is alot going on and there is alot of chakra between the two. This is NOT a strategic battle folks, this is about two friends who are giving it thier all just to beat the living piss out of each other. Stop complaining and enjoy the show.

I don't think anyone said it wasn't possible for them to be so powerful...I was saying earlier how it's just so radically different from anything we've seen before in the show. The only real complaints I've seen so far are about the how the "animation" sucked...but they've already been told to shut up. hehe
But you're mentioning sasuke made me think of another point. Why is it that the sound 5 were all beaten by Genins (albeit amazing genins), but it looks as if Sasuke will compete evenly with a freakin' demon fox???! Doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts?

Bakko
Fri, 05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
The people arguing about Naruto 'realism' sound like a bunch of Star Wars nerds fighting over how the force works.

ANIME IS NOT REAL

Nachtvogel
Fri, 05-06-2005, 07:54 PM
All animes with some kind of super power or techniques or how ever it is called create their own kind of 'realism', they use throughout the show. The problem here is, that the fight is not convincing concerning the shows own 'realsim'. And of course it is not Naruto, but Sasuke leading to this impression. Sasuke just took too much hits and used too damn much chakra ( 2 chidoris and a whole bunch of fire ninjutsus) for his normal self without even using the seal and showed no signs of damage or just fatigue

Souda
Fri, 05-06-2005, 11:31 PM
ohh I love this episode. It was great reading it from the manga, and I think the new crew did a good job with its representation. <3

i love sasuke and naruto. they're freakin awesome XD

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-06-2005, 11:47 PM
I can't believe all of the bitchin you people are doing about this episode. I just finished watching it and all I can say is that it surpassed my best expectiations. MUCH MUCH better then in the manga. There is a bit of loss of realism but so what? This fight kicks some major ass even if the art work leaves a bit to be desired the fluid animation more then makes up for it. Damn I love the giant kage bushin chain and the narutorpedos. This fight kicked ass period so please just shut up and enjoy it. I can only hope that next weeks episode has just as much kickass content not seen in the manga.

Roko
Sat, 05-07-2005, 12:13 AM
I still wish they had shown what Sasuke could see with the full sharingan...that would have been cool, seeing Naruto from his perspective.

deadlydreamx
Sat, 05-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: Myran
I'm starting to notice that Sakura seems to be getting a little bit behind Naruto and Sasuke, anyone else noticed this?

wow it took u 133 episodes to realize that naruto and sasuke left sakura behind??

I thought this episode was one of best episodes n all that realism shit everyone's talkin about.. just deal with it damn its just an anime.. dont like it dont watch it... simple as that

Psyke
Sat, 05-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
I still wish they had shown what Sasuke could see with the full sharingan...that would have been cool, seeing Naruto from his perspective.

They did, with the manga. Sasuke did say that he could see Naruto's next movement in the anime, but everything was moving too fast so the viewers couldn't really tell the difference. In the manga you can tell that Sasuke clearly sees and anticipates Naruto's everymove. And when Naruto powers up in the manga you can also clearly see the charka moving by itself.

I liked both the anime and manga versions, the anime was cool with all the fast moves and good animation, but the manga was more dramatic especially with Sasuke putting on the forehead protector and saying he will break the bond with Naruto. Naruto thought that Sasuke has finally changed his mind, but in the anime this was not highlighted very much. Another thing is that in the manga more focus was put onto what Sasuke could see using the sharingan.

Crows_Kill
Sat, 05-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Great comparison Psyke. The manga, as always explains more and in more detail, the anime jazzes it up and intensifies it, or at least tries to.

I think the whoel argument for realism in naruto, or anime in general, come down to one thing- does the story obey its own rules?
Look up "stupid movie physics" on google for a good comparison to entertainment ie: movie physics and the real thing, I Think the the site that does it the best was called the intuiter guide to stupid movie physics, or something like that. If you can find it, read their review of the amtrix films- it doesnt flame the matrix for getting the ohysics totaly wrong in the real world, which it does, btw, but for its total lacl of obeying the rules they define for their own reality IN the matrix. In othe words, the writers tell you up front that the world you see is based on rules, here they are, hear is what we can do to with them, and then proceed to ignore their own rules and guidlines. Thats whats upsets alot of anime fans.
The anime universe allows for tons of improbable or impossible things, like giant humanoid mecha moving faster than light, or human beings tossing around fire balls and teleporting across dimensions. But what most good series do is define what is possible and not possible, or to what extent the rules can be bent, or at least give you a quai realistic techno bable explanation (minofski particles anyone?). Whats anoying is when the writers break their own rules withou explanation or out right contradict themselves. Its not that we are truly appaled at the lack a realism, its the lack of writing.

look at dbz as a perfect example. right in the begining of the sayan saga, we are shown vegita causualy destroying an entire planet with minimal effort. We also see goku moving at basicly mach3 or faster, and other minor characters causualy destroying whole armies of regular guys and shrugging of nuclear blasts as if it was a light snowfall. Then we see them struggling to toss a freball to desroy a single cliff ro door, or actually gettign hurt by being hit with a rock that their infant son was teething on 2 episodes earlier. It didnt make sense for the characters to display such awesome power in one scene and then get whacked by a kidney punch from some elderly guy in a bad hawaiin shirt. And it just got worse from their, until the point where they littleraly could not make the characters any stronger and had to resort to totaly arbitrary plot devices like turning them in to kids or alternat time lines just to make them temporarily seemingly weeker, then just to have them rebound with just as little explanation or reason. It was frustrating and boring to watch after a while.

Naruto started off by clearly explaining the laws and reasoning behind ninjitsu and their universe, and also introduced a few deus ex machina right from the beging so they could break the rules as needed without totaly breaking character for the setting (ie: kyubi and the sharingan, then other blood-line limits). Whats tripping up some people is that it seems like the writer(s) are not reading their own material. Thet are breaking their own rules without explanation, like how sasuke, apparently not powered by a demon (pyscological ones dont count here) or using his seal or other allready introduced reasons, can withstand being hammered in to a cliff repetadly without sever damage, or how they can cause rubble to fall sideways while standing on a cliff, or use all their abilities without suffering the detrimentle effects there of that were very clearly explaned in earlier episodes.

I for one dont think that the manga violates the cannon very much, if at all, but hey really stretch it with the anime, purely for entertainment purposes as i said in my previous post, but I can see why that would upset other people who value continuity and substance over melodrama and creative exageration. Some people just want their chocolate to remain chocolate and kept as far away from their penut butter as possible. Others like to mix it up and enjoy the taste no matter how mixed up the ingredients.

I'm retiring from my soapbox for the night. ciao.

Ioz
Sat, 05-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by: Crows_Kill

Some people just want their chocolate to remain chocolate and kept as far away from their penut butter as possible. Others like to mix it up and enjoy the taste no matter how mixed up the ingredients.

Strange that you posted this cuz I'm eating Reese's pieces right now. But that's not the point the episode rocked and I kinda liked the 'rough' animation. It was refreshing for them to change things up a bit.

hopeknight
Sat, 05-07-2005, 04:21 AM

Have you noticed that there are several different animation teams handling the show?

I'll believe you when im able to read the credits and see for myself. Or unless they said they use different animators. But what ever floats your boat. You didnt understand my post.

Please note I said that there are multiple animation teams, not several different animation studios working on Naruto (I cannot confirm whether or not multiple studios work on the show, but since the series obviously changes styles from one episode to another, it is clear that there are different people working on one episode from the next).

A studio can also potentially have multiple 'production houses', so one group could be working from Tokyo, while another could be in Korea ( I cannot confirm this, but I feel the art speaks for itself).

The animation team working on episode 133 is not the same team that worked on 132 or 134, it is blatantly obvious just by looking at it.

Edort4
Sat, 05-07-2005, 07:21 AM
IMO (this is just my opinion and im not attacking anyone with this except the naruto makers) this episode was a great shit, i dont know where to start bithcing about, there is so much crap...

I hope that after this stupid turn in naruto they will come again to their senses after sasuke vs. naruto fight. We all know that naruto was a though guy, he was good in only one thing, never giving up, so i can understand in some way that he can withstand some major blows and get up injured, or even that healing chakra of the kyubi, is what he has, but what I CANT understand is how the hell sasuke is thrown into mountains beaten up and he gets up without even loosing his hair style!!

None has seen that naruto, bleeds, screams, complains, has ribs broken, coughs blood, is injuried and his clothes tear appart? he is beaten up, he passes out for a few seconds and sasuke is inmune to damage he is allways up without dirt in his clothes he only makes ugly faces and some screams but in 2 seconds he is up again as if nothing had happened (regeneration amulet?) , i know that naruto never has much realism but this is bullshit!

And what the fuck are those narutorpedos?? they are aerodinamic!! Have u stop the episode and see their faces and forms, they arent human, is this a new jutsu? kage torpedo no justu? And that kage bunshin chain (which of course doesnt damage sasuke at all, is he an omnipotent god?) is the most stupid thing i have seen dont they need to breath under water, how the hell do they make the chain of 100 ppl in just 3 seconds and how can u make it spin that way?

Naruto standing on the lava while saying: amazing! (what the fuck is amazing, that your clothes have fire inmunity?), those logs perfectly cut in the water, kyubi making a giant hand of chakra, sasuke of course uninjuried even if he makes holes in the walls bigger than those of undergrounds, saying : you are special but im more special than you (best crap ever heard in naruto, im waiting for the: u are handsome but im more handsome than u because i use lipstick, im sasuke and im so cool that im in love with myself).

Im just bitching about the story the animation was outstanding even if the art sucks i have seen 2 sasuke faces where he looks like another person. Im sad that they made things this way only trying to be crapstacular without having any respect for the other 132 episodes (where they did some stupid things, but this episode has one stupid thing per 30 seconds!). In the manga makes much more sense, things better explained and with much more dramatic aura.

I know that u are going to say that it is anime, but im sure that u would bitch a lot if tomorrow sasuke appears with a gundam fighting with picachu, and for me what they did in this episode is more less the same (this is a bit exaggerate). I can understand that ppl liked this episode but this is what i think and i cant change it, dont flame me up too much i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Bye!

pauLisme
Sat, 05-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by: Bakko
The people arguing about Naruto 'realism' sound like a bunch of Star Wars nerds fighting over how the force works.

ANIME IS NOT REAL

seriously. ANIME IS JUST ANIME

GhostKaGe
Sat, 05-07-2005, 10:01 AM
loved the episode good fight scenes and the music (the tune when they where both balancing on the logs in the water at about 4:27 - 7:08 ) was just quality

KaneDragon
Sat, 05-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I thought the episode was very very cool. I never noticed anything wrong with the art or whatever it is you keep whining about.

Heh. Sasuke's poses after he started to predict Naruto's movements were a little funny.

Hopefully Sasuke will look cooler once he starts moving around, but we already knew he was going to look strange from the hair puff he had when he got out of the barrel.

I hope Naruto becomes more fox-crazed and everyone's like, "Oh, no, Nine Tails gonna getcha!" Naruto ranting about wiping out humanity would not be amiss, either.

Assertn
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:09 AM
dude......we've established long ago that different studios work on the series......
isnt there somewhere in the credits that easily points out the ones that the korean studios work on?

Myran
Sat, 05-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by: deadlydreamx
wow it took u 133 episodes to realize that naruto and sasuke left sakura behind?? Well, her pink hair easily trumps 2nd level sharingan, and normal demon-fox mode. But now that they upgraded both fox and sharingan Sakura needs something new for her to catch up.. I'm thinking a pony tail maybe? Or maybe even pig-tails, maybe pig-tails would power her up a bit too much though.

Werder
Sat, 05-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I'd just like to applaud Crows_Kill for a spectacular post.
I love peanut and chocolate together.
But one guy I knew used to eat ham and banana sandwiches (with lettuce for extra crunch).
It seems for some people, this episode was more like ham and banana.
But for me, it was peanut and chocolate.

(please ask me if you don't get the point of this message)i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Sat, 05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Wah I finally got to watch it. I just have to say this episode is perfect imo. It hadn't been this good for a while so I'm really sad to see it end so soon.i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Edort4, I think you completely missed the point. It's anime. Unrealistic/impossible stuff is ok to happen. That's what makes it cool and for a lot of people.
Imagine if this episode of Naruto was a stand alone. That episode 133 was the only episode of Naruto. I don't think anyone would be complaining as much because it'd just be aN anime movie about ninjas beating the shit out of eachother and doing impossible things. But it's because of the 132 episodes before this one that makes this not so. It's tearing apart the reality it has created for itself. However badass the episode is (which I quite agree), that fact is still true.
I think Crows_Kill put it very well. *applauds*

eskimå
Sat, 05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
HAHA, I liked when Naruto punched Sasuke, I mean when Naruto were NineTails. Sasuke had no chance. But, but, now when he is level two, it's a differense...
In another thread I said that Naruto should be able to use much cakara from the Demonfox, and I had right.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif It's maybe not so wierd to think of that.
Like who din't know that? i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Fuzzlepop
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I finally realized one of the things that has been bothering me about this episode. I don't know if maybe I missed something but it is bothering me that Sasuke is using his Sharingan more like Neji's Byakugan. I mean isn't the Sharingan supposed to be able to copy things as well? Kakashi only has one eye that has it but he apparently became famous as the copy ninja, yet Sasuke has two (both of which now have the third comma) and all he can do is *predict* things? That doesn't really make sense to me.

Perhaps they do a little more with that later on but for now it just kind of bugs that he might as well be as Hyuuga clan member instead of an Uchiha.

(this is my first post since I just started the series about a week ago and for this thread I thought I would contribute a new idea instead of bashing/defending the animation vs art idea)

EDIT: Yes I realize he used it to copy Lee's move earlier on but I am speaking more specifically about this episode

kooshi
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't think Sasuke has much to copy. Besides, when you copy a jutsu, you also have to memorize the hand seals since you're just copying the hand movements. Sasuke probably doesn't have that potential, unlike Kakashi.

Fuzzlepop
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Ya, I guess there really isn't a whole lot he could copy other than...random pissed off fighting style...I think I would just like it a little better if they had given it a difference other than just *knowing* it could copy things since right now (meaning in this fight) all it is is a crappy Byakugan that doesn't give the user near 360 degree vision.

For instance when Kakashi fights Zabuza he doesn't really memorize the seals Zabuza is doing, he just copies them (as well as the chanting if I remember right) as Zabuza is doing them.

I don't think he had his Sharingan activated when Naruto used them in this fight (they were active when Naruto did the Narutorpedo's but since he wasn't looking at Naruto when that happened it makes sense there), but Sasuke should probably be able to do both the Shadow Replication jutsu as well as Rasengan with as many times as both have been used in his presence.

Oh and on a side note after remembering the Narutorpedos...what was with Sasuke praying all of a sudden? That made very little sense as well.

Overall I thought the episode was good, just that analyzing the weird/bad parts of things is entertaining.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-08-2005, 06:04 AM
It's been stated that Sharingan only copies Taijitsu, and ninjitsus/genjitsu's that use hand seals. With the kyubi power, theres nothing to "copy" because with out the fox you simply can't do that. Even with the taijitsu that Naruto is using now, even if Sasuke knows HOW to do it, he's incabably because it requires the fox to fight like that. Same with the Rasengan, Jiraya says theres no seals to it, so you can't copy it, its just manipulating chakra with your will.

Even if Naruto were to summon a frog, Sasuke couldn't copy that because he hasn't signed the frog contract, or any other contract, so he can do the move, but nothing would show up.

In fact, pretty much the only move of naruto's that Sasuke hasn't copy, but could have is the Mass Kage Bunshin. And Sasuke probably thinks its not worth using on Naruto, since it never works when Naruto uses it lately.

eskimå
Sun, 05-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Well, the thing I got to say is that Sasuke isn't good enough to learn how to copy and illusions and thati/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Haha. Hope Naruto beat him up!

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-08-2005, 11:50 AM
So the Sharingan only copies physical movements? I'm assuming this because of what was said about the hand seals and the rasengan.

I agree, it seems that the Sharingan has become less of a "copy wheel eye" and more of a less-powerful Byakugan that gives the user enhanced vision. But I suppose it's always been that way.

Assertn
Sun, 05-08-2005, 12:27 PM
i still think it would be the coolest thing ever to see sasuke bust out kage bunshin suddenly........
the sharingan is known for its copy abilities, and sasuke never uses it........
-_-

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-08-2005, 12:32 PM
i still think it would be the coolest thing ever to see sasuke bust out kage bunshin suddenly........
-_-

That's what Fuzzlepop was sayin'

Crows_Kill
Sun, 05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Unless kakashi gave sasuke some tips during their traing when sasuke learned the ciodori, sasuke has had no else to teach him how to use the sharingam. Just having the ability is not good enough- it will take time and practice o master. I think the sharingan grants supurier observation and mempry skilld- you see things better and more accurately, you can see chakra use and intensity, and you can recall anything youve seen using the sharingam much better than what youve seen not using it. That means for comon jitsus, you can see and remember the hand seals they use and the chakra the chanel to use it, where they "center" the chakra before it is releases ( hands, feet, breathed out, ect...).
It works the same for taijitsu- dont forget taijitsu still uses chakra- focused in the muscles to move faster or directed around you in the form of controling weapons used with the taijitsu of expended to add power and speed to an attack. The sharingan lets you see how the taijitsy user is focusing his chakra and you recall the moves he was making when he was attacking, so all you have to do is repeat those moves and focus your chakra in the same way, and bam, you got a new taijitsu move. Like kakashi said, you still need to train your body to match the moves youve copied, so you often cant just instantly bust out with a new taijistu as fast as you can a ninjitsu, which usualy just require hand seals and chakra focus.

I dont think sasuke has the expirience using the sharingan at this stage of the story to fully exploit its potential, other wise he would have used more copied moves and other taijitsus. It seems to me he is hung up on being a good uchiha ninja- all the moves he uses are the traditional uchiha moves (windmill, katon, sharingan, etc...) the only exceptions we've seen is the chiodori, which even though he was told by kikashi that it should be used sparingly and as his final finishing blow, he tosses it around more than cheep shuriken, and the cursed seal, which all heas really done wth it is use the additional chakra in his normal moves.

KaneDragon
Sun, 05-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Why doesn't Sasuke realize the truth about Naruto's powers? He's all like, "What is this? What are you? Are you a monster?" etc... I mean, besides the fox-shaped chakra surrounding him now, Sasuke saw Naruto do a combo-transform with the frog boss into the form of Nine Tails way back in the assault on Konoha--a pretty big hint. i/expressions/rolleye.gif He could at least make some sort of guess relating to the fox.

Tinks
Sun, 05-08-2005, 02:05 PM
I still say Sasuke shouldnt be able to walk on water
The animation was great and I agree about the art, it got really simplistic ie when hundreds of Naruto's flew at sasuke out of the water, they didnt have much form to them
I dont like the way Sasuke looked in the end, he looked really feminine and even has lipstick now; it reminds me of all the other adgrogenous(sp) characters in other animes where you dont know the sex at all
The episode flowed really well though in terms of story

Jessper
Sun, 05-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by: KaneDragon
Why doesn't Sasuke realize the truth about Naruto's powers? He's all like, "What is this? What are you? Are you a monster?" etc... I mean, besides the fox-shaped chakra surrounding him now, Sasuke saw Naruto do a combo-transform with the frog boss into the form of Nine Tails way back in the assault on Konoha--a pretty big hint. He could at least make some sort of guess relating to the fox.

Well, you don't generally remember anything from your childhood until you are older so it is pretty unreasonable to think that he would remember the attack. Also the "fox-shaped chakra" only has one tail, nothing like the nine-tails we hear about all the time. Finally since we can assume that he had no memory of the fox's attack why would he even begin to think that he has the fox in him?

The way movies and anime work usually is that the viewer has more information than certain characters. To think the clueless person should do something or realize something when they have no inkling of what is going is asking for huge plot holes.

I still say Sasuke shouldnt be able to walk on water

Water walking wouldn't have been that hard for Naruto even if he hadn't gotten his chakara flow screwed up by Orochimaru. I agree that it was an interesting leap but it isn't that bad and not a large deal.

I agree about the Sasuke thing lol, we know he is a guy. It just looks like he is getting ready for extra curricular work at Oro's place i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mage
Sun, 05-08-2005, 04:46 PM

The animation team names are always in English in the credits. Nara Animation did 133.

KaneDragon
Sun, 05-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper
Well, you don't generally remember anything from your childhood until you are older so it is pretty unreasonable to think that he would remember the attack. Also the "fox-shaped chakra" only has one tail, nothing like the nine-tails we hear about all the time. Finally since we can assume that he had no memory of the fox's attack why would he even begin to think that he has the fox in him?

The way movies and anime work usually is that the viewer has more information than certain characters. To think the clueless person should do something or realize something when they have no inkling of what is going is asking for huge plot holes.

Um... what the heck are you talking about? Childhood? Fox attack? Read closer, n00b. I'm talking about when Naruto transformed to the form of Nine Tails while fighting Gaara's sand demon during Orochimaru's attack on Konoha (since when did Naruto and the Boss Frog do a combo-transform during Nine Tails's original rampage? idiot.). It wasn't that long ago. And "nothing like the ninetails"? The chakra looks foxy. It doesn't have to look just like Nine Tails. The similarities should allow someone to connect the dots.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

miaka
Sun, 05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
uh... did you guys forget that no kids knows that naruto has fox in him.. and when ppl fought the fox.. well all of the kids were babies. (since naruto was a baby when he got kyubi sealed inside him.. so of course sasuke has no idea..
and i don't even know if kids know about the nine tailed fox at all.....

and sasuke won't be able to do mass kage bushin.. regular one yes.. but mass kagebushin is only because naruto has huge kyubi chakra..

and like peple said.. sasuke can't copy rasengan.. and it's useless to copy naruto's movement when he is just punchinb and kicking..
'
but sasuke can copy things.. he just don't really need/can't really do it to fight naruto..

Jessper
Sun, 05-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: KaneDragon
Um... what the heck are you talking about? Childhood? Fox attack? Read closer, n00b. I'm talking about when Naruto transformed to the form of Nine Tails while fighting Gaara's sand demon during Orochimaru's attack on Konoha (since when did Naruto and the Boss Frog do a combo-transform during Nine Tails's original rampage? idiot.). It wasn't that long ago. And "nothing like the ninetails"? The chakra looks foxy. It doesn't have to look just like Nine Tails. The similarities should allow someone to connect the dots.

Well miaka seems to have taken care of it for me but thanks for trying, idiot. The only memory of the nine tails that sasuke has looks like a random Henge, there is no way logic would allow a connection to what he knows and what you think he should know.

greateachermin
Sun, 05-08-2005, 10:19 PM
No spoilers, idiot.

GotWoot Moderator

y4but
Sun, 05-08-2005, 10:41 PM
i could be wrong, but i don't know if the sole purpose of sharingan is to copy other people's techniques... similar to what's already been said, it's probably grants a huge sense of insight. i think that we haven't really been told a whole lot about what sharingan really does besides that.

i think most people think it's for just copying shit is because kakashi does it really well. i also think that that's just the way he chooses to use it, like, he has an incredible amount of insight on his opponent and just chooses to copy their stuff, hence deeming him the famous copy ninja. i don't think that uchiha was called a copy ninja clan or anything...

anyway i don't know for sure but i think the reason why he doesn't copy a lot is because he doesn't really choose to use it in that sort of way. like i'm sure it's because he's not experienced enough but its probably more than that.

iono watever

Jeff_from_MD
Sun, 05-08-2005, 10:49 PM
greateachermin,
...wtf. You think that's not a spoiler for the next episode just b/c you saw the preview?!?!

Psyke
Sun, 05-08-2005, 10:57 PM
-_-

Not never. He used it once, way back during the chunin exams, on Lee.

Dezalanel
Sun, 05-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Didnt you notice in the episode....he connects the dots when remembering Itachi talking about capturing Naruto with Jiraiya. I am not sure that he realizes that the Kyuubi is inside of him but he does realize that there is something fucked up going on with him lol

Noir
Mon, 05-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Best fight I have ever seen in an anime period. Not best animation... but when your characters are moving that fast with punches everywhere and proper pain reactions of course they look stupid on freeze capture. But fast paced they look sweet.

Sasuke looks weird at level 2 of curse? For sure he does.
But Naruto with his red chakra kind of looked kiddy too (no offense lads).

By far Neji still looks the coolest haha.

Assertn
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by: y4but
i could be wrong, but i don't know if the sole purpose of sharingan is to copy other people's techniques... similar to what's already been said, it's probably grants a huge sense of insight. i think that we haven't really been told a whole lot about what sharingan really does besides that.

i think most people think it's for just copying shit is because kakashi does it really well. i also think that that's just the way he chooses to use it, like, he has an incredible amount of insight on his opponent and just chooses to copy their stuff, hence deeming him the famous copy ninja. i don't think that uchiha was called a copy ninja clan or anything...

anyway i don't know for sure but i think the reason why he doesn't copy a lot is because he doesn't really choose to use it in that sort of way. like i'm sure it's because he's not experienced enough but its probably more than that.

iono watever

the direct translation of sharingan is "copy wheel eye"

Psyke: yes........thanks.......i didn't mean never LITERALLY, but w/e -_-

Psyke
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:42 AM

the direct translation of sharingan is "copy wheel eye"

Psyke: yes........thanks.......i didn't mean never LITERALLY, but w/e -_-

Oh ok.....

For the Sharingan part you've got translation correct, but I'd like add on:

sha - ™ - Write; copy

rin - * - Wheel; cycle

gan - < - Eye

EDIT: Some how the kanji characters I've included can't really be read......

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Oh well then its OBVIOUSLY the Write-cycle-eye.

Psyke
Mon, 05-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Yes, actually that would make more sense in my language. I'm not kidding..... From hearing the word Sharingan I would think of "write - cycle - eye", which is the direct translation. Based on the kanji characters, of course.

Jessper
Mon, 05-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Oh well then its OBVIOUSLY the Write-cycle-eye.

rofl, I thought the exact same thing when I read Psyke's post. Yours made me LOL though, thank you =)

In other news, I'm glad they leave those names untranslated and I can't understand them (man that must sound so awful!)

darkshadow
Mon, 05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
sharingan doesnt need to c the handseals to copy ( at least kakashi doesnt ), also when sasuke used sharingan a few times earlier ( i think it was at rock lee ) he said show me your secrets, i think it can analyze a move, understand its power, its requirments ( which seals it needs) and copy it, y do i say this? in the movie kakashi doesnt c the seals the snow guy is making, cause hes running in a different direction, but still he manages to copy it simply by looking at the jutsu ( that big unicorn whale thing), but then again kakashi is kakashi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
sharingan doesnt need to c the handseals to copy ( at least kakashi doesnt ), also when sasuke used sharingan a few times earlier ( i think it was at rock lee ) he said show me your secrets, i think it can analyze a move, understand its power, its requirments ( which seals it needs) and copy it, y do i say this? in the movie kakashi doesnt c the seals the snow guy is making, cause hes running in a different direction, but still he manages to copy it simply by looking at the jutsu ( that big unicorn whale thing), but then again kakashi is kakashi

It's prolly not a good idea to source the movie for information.

Also, there is probably merit to Kakashi's nickname. His fighting syle is proof of this as he copies EVERYTHING when he fights. It's not just because he uses the copy wheel eye (or write circle eye, hehe), but that he is a "copy-ninja" because of how he fights. I think that's what y4but was saying.
While all of it's capabilities are known, we have not really seen any other Uchiha member use the sharingan in quite the same way as Kakashi has.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-09-2005, 06:35 PM
yeah i agree, thats why i said kakashi is kakashi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-09-2005, 06:37 PM
The edit function was screwing up for me, so I'll finish my point now.

While all of it's capabilities are known, we have not really seen any other Uchiha member use the sharingan in quite the same way as Kakashi has so copying jutsus doesn't seem to be it's only use...despite it's name.
Hell, the two most powerful Sharingan influenced attacks (as far as we know) are the ones we've seen Itachi use. Neither of which copy anything.

I had forgotten to say that earlier, and that was my main point (bleahh).

EDIT (now it works!): w00t I'm a genin!!!

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-10-2005, 02:20 AM
People are talking about Sasuke not copying and stuff like that. But against Naruto, there's nothing to copy. He can't copy rasengan can he? What type of move is that?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Jiraya specifically said that Rasengan can't be copied by Sharingan BECAUSE it has no hand seals.

Essentially, the Sharingan copies movements. So it allows the user to copy Taijitsu techniques and any jitsu's that use hand seals.

Rek
Tue, 05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
its not that it doesn't have any hand seals, its just a technique of pure skill. Anyone can tell its chakra being manipulated in the hand, the secret is actually fucking doing it.

now, Sasuke could copy naruto's Kage Bunshin like kakashi did... but beyond that, all naruto has is summoning, and he's never used it infront of him.

Psyke
Tue, 05-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
its not that it doesn't have any hand seals, its just a technique of pure skill. Anyone can tell its chakra being manipulated in the hand, the secret is actually fucking doing it.

now, Sasuke could copy naruto's Kage Bunshin like kakashi did... but beyond that, all naruto has is summoning, and he's never used it infront of him.

1. I don't think Kakashi needed to copy Naruto's kage bushin. As a jounin he should have that ability a long time ago.

2. Sharingan users cannot copy the Kuchiyose no Jutsu. Remember the contract signed in blood?

Darkcarnage
Tue, 05-10-2005, 02:17 PM
true Rasengan can not be copied cause while it is moving chakra it takes training and knowlage of the tricks to use the move, Sasuke can see teh chakra but he can see how the wpoer was gathered, fosuced and how it being held together on a ball form. all he seeing it a ball of chakra. now if he was told how teh mvoe works and tired it a few tiems i think he could master it. i think regensan vs lighting edge the chakra toll very diffent. lighting edge using alot of chakra but it while and lashing out all over teh place. regensan takes chakra and keeping it formed and controled in a ball so none bleeds off keping it attack power at max.

over all great eps. 133. i hope 134 follows and amkes it worth woile to watch. i want to see a massive beat down to someone soon. right now it seem like a tie.

does it seem odd naruto can use pure demon fox chakra and be suffen 0 effects ? shouldn't he get hurt, be in pain or something by now?

JuBeI_ YaGyu
Tue, 05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone. First time posting ever. Just wanted to say that this episode kicked major ass. Shitti animation though, that fucked things up cuz i couldn't even concentrate on teh fight because of all the shitty drawings. Anyways, the fight was pretty cool and naruto getting all Kyuubi on Sasuke was real tight. just one thing...... is naruto fire-proof??? wtf??

Death13a
Tue, 05-10-2005, 07:12 PM
At Preview of 134 Naruto mentioned that he can't keep Kyuubi power anymore. And it was mentioned before that Fox's chakra puts Naruto's body in stress. So Naruto will die if he uses power anylonger. So in 134 he probebly stop using Kyuubi or he will risk and use Rasengan combined with fox's chakra(should be fun to whatch as Naruto will use all that power in a singal ball full of fox's chakra and if he Actualy make a directl hit on sasuke )

darkshadow
Tue, 05-10-2005, 07:16 PM
why dont ppl still know the difference between art and animation, its been posted so many time

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Because people are idiots.

Who gives a damn about random ugly frames anyway, they are all over the series (and anime in general). Concentrate instead on the important aspects of the episode (Sasuke wears lipstick, hell yeah!). I love him more already.

Souryusen
Tue, 05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
(Sasuke wears lipstick, hell yeah!)

Sasuke looks like Tina Turner in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 04:19 AM
I've got a question which is not related to the topic, but I don't want to create a new thread just for it, so.........

Is Asuma in anyway related to the Third Hokage?

Sam98034
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
I've got a question which is not related to the topic, but I don't want to create a new thread just for it, so.........

How would anyone know? I mean nothing, NOTHING in the series so far has led anyone to believe anything one way or the other. Just assume he's not so you'll be surprised if he is.

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by: Sam98034

How would anyone know? I mean nothing, NOTHING in the series so far has led anyone to believe anything one way or the other. Just assume he's not so you'll be surprised if he is.

They do share the same surname....... why didn't Kishimoto simply just create another surname instead?

Assertn
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:22 AM
this has been mentioned many times....
kishimoto has made no indication of their relation to each other, even at points of the series where that wouldve mattered most (ie. the 3rd's funeral, or anything to do with konohamaru, since he would most likely be Asuma's son if Asuma is the 3rd's son.)

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Well I'm kinda hoping he's related to the third. Asuma gets too little screen time and it would be great if there's a future story arc with him in it.

Cozz
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't think Asuma is related in any way to the third, only because Asuma's name is "Sarutobi Asuma", where as it seems the thirds name was " ______ Sarutobi". (In Japanese order if you can't tell). I only think that Sarutobi was the thirds first name becasue of the way the surpart, Sensai has been added in the series. Lee calls Gai Gai-Sensai, Naruto and co call Kakashi Kakashi-Sensai, and the Sannin called the third Sarutobi-Sensai. If the genin called their teacher by their other name (Maito-Sensai, Hatake-Sensai, etc..), then there might be a case, but I'm going with the thirds first name being Sarutobi.

Psyke
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
But I believe Sarutobi is a Japanese surname...... which means we don't know the third's given name yet. Well I might be wrong though.

Dezalanel
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Hmmm I am inclined to agree with Cozz on this one. I believe The 3rds name was Sarutobi. If you remember when the first and 2nd are talking to him in a flashback they call him "Saru"
Although it would be cool if Asuma was related to the third.

sm0d
Wed, 05-11-2005, 01:54 PM
some names could be both surnames and his name, because i believe there was a character named hatake. He was the first examiner that got killed by the sand jounin

UchihaGenius
Wed, 05-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by: sm0d
some names could be both surnames and his name, because i believe there was a character named hatake. He was the first examiner that got killed by the sand jounin

I believe his name was Gekkou Hayate not hatake.

XanBcoo
Wed, 05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
The 3rd and Asuma DO look a little similar...
but who knows?

Sam98034
Wed, 05-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by: Sam98034

They do share the same surname....... why didn't Kishimoto simply just create another surname instead?

yeah, I didn't really notice that. I'm an idiot, kill me now.

dizkidhuy
Wed, 05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
my new favorite episode to watch x_X

FrostBiteAS
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:13 AM
OMG 1 of the greatest eps ever!

Holy cow. Please read the rules (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14660&enterthrea d=y) before posting. I am talking about your sigs. Change it as soon as you read this. First warning.

GotWoot Moderator

Serial_Samurai
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm really into this episode because (finally) more of the fight unfurled. Also, the pacing of this episode was so much better than that of the last like 5-6 eps.

Boogster
Thu, 05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Umm. I just watached this: I'm a bit behind, I know.

Just wanted to comment:

Animation -
Best in the series so far. Fluid, imaginative, truly poo-your-pants awesome.

Artwork -
In my opinion, the physical artwork (by which I mean the landscape, and the water especially) was great. Really great. It was simple, of course, but only to accommodate the action. Too much detail would have detracted from the speed and fludity of the episode as a whole. I prefer the way the water/smoke/fire/cliifs were drawn in this episode to any previous episodes.
I agree, though, that the human artwork left a little to be desired at points, though not all the time..

But it DOESN'T MATTER -the episode was bloody marvellous!

KM
Fri, 05-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
Edort4, I think you completely missed the point. It's anime. Unrealistic/impossible stuff is ok to happen. That's what makes it cool and for a lot of people.
Imagine if this episode of Naruto was a stand alone. That episode 133 was the only episode of Naruto. I don't think anyone would be complaining as much because it'd just be aN anime movie about ninjas beating the shit out of eachother and doing impossible things. But it's because of the 132 episodes before this one that makes this not so. It's tearing apart the reality it has created for itself. However badass the episode is (which I quite agree), that fact is still true.
I think Crows_Kill put it very well. *applauds*
I disagree. This episode is really bad. If this is the only naruto episode I don't think I would like it at all. This episode is unrealistic even if you strip away the display of power and the style of animation. The acting itself (the reactions of the characters and their expressions) is crappy. Storytelling is also disappointing, as you already read about the explanation of Sharingan. The animation did not intensify the explanation of Sharingan [Crows_Kill]. It would have been a much stronger presentation to overlay and contrast the slowmotion seen by the 2nd level sharingan and the fast action in real time. This way, you can tell how fast sharingan is reading naruto's movement. And the contrast is going to add rhythm.

kAi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Damn this was one cool ep, 134 should be real good also.

snapcase
Fri, 05-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I just watched this episode. One of the best so far, and finally a Naruto fight that was really exciting to watch. Though I probably should have waited for 134 to be released before watching 133, because now I'm really anxious to watch 134.

Oh, and Sasuke looks like he could have been in X-Japan.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I just downloaded AonE's sub of 133.
Now, AonE is my fav. sub group, but in the first 10 seconds of the episode Sasuke mentions Naruto's power, and AonE's translation is a little odd...

Dattebayo's translation: "What is this force?"
AonE's trasnlation: "What is this coercion-ness?"

wtf is coercion-ness??? I can understand the reasoning behind using "coerce" but which of these is more accurate?

snapcase
Fri, 05-13-2005, 10:21 PM
There were a few other typos I noticed as well... like in one of the parts when Naruto is saying why he is going to stop Sasuke the sub said "I'm" instead of "I". And yeah that "coercion-ness" was a little odd. But it's really not that big of a deal to me.

victorctk
Sat, 05-14-2005, 12:12 PM
OMG~ soo far the most exciting naruto episodes i have watched... insaneee....... @,@

UchihaGenius
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:09 PM
What about the part when Naruto was blasted by Sasuke's fire jutsu; DB had Naruto say amazing while AonE had him say Sasuke.

Turkish-S
Mon, 05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
u can easily check who has the good translation. just look if he realy say sasuke...