PDA

View Full Version : Itachi

Boogster
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Anyone out there who doesn't like him?

I mean, anyone who doesn't think that he's the coolest, most superest character out there? I don't.

And could I add, Naruto is a perfect main character.

Mut
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Wait, who doesn't like Itachi?

Anyway, Naruto is one of the worst main characters ever.

SK
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by: Boogster
Anyone out there who doesn't like him?

I mean, anyone who doesn't think that he's the coolest, most superest character out there? I don't.

And could I add, Naruto is a perfect main character.

Wrong. Itachi is second to Kakashi, and Kakashi should be the main character.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
I don't dislike Itachi but I don't like him either. He's just another character like Zambuza to me. Everyone's just raving about him right now, but as soon as somene else comes along, they jump on that new characters bandwagon.

Naruto's a great lead character. Right from his birth, he's had odds stack up against him. He was given a curse/gift (kyuubi), he never knew his parents, and he had no friends. It shows how a delinquent child can recover from a cruel society and achieve the greatest feat of all. To attain kage status.

weakest anbu
Wed, 05-04-2005, 07:23 PM
itachi IS the coolest character in naruto... its just a unchallengeable fact. Reasons: too fucking obvious to even list them. I dont hate naruto but i hate his dattebayo shit in the anime.

drcitan
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm not even gonna lie.....Itachi is da shit and he does'nt even try to be. THE MAN FIGHTS WITH ONE ARM IN THE GAME FOR CRYIN OUT LOAD

Y
Wed, 05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Horrible, two dimensional piece of shit.

Hotsuma
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Not saying much, Y, since Naruto itself is a one-dimensional series, predictable in every one of its whims.

Anyways, Itachi is a cool character. He's cooler than Sasuke, Kakashi and obviously loads cooler than Naruto.

DDBen
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Itachi is going to turn out to simply be a antivillian. The fact is he changed at some point and they have always shown the one person he really cared about in the end was Sasuke. So I believe Itachi will become a "good guy" and die some sort of death that will be to repent for his actions.

The character is well written but far from the best.

DDBen
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Itachi is going to turn out to simply be a antivillian. The fact is he changed at some point and they have always shown the one person he really cared about in the end was Sasuke. So I believe Itachi will become a "good guy" and die some sort of death that will be to repent for his actions.

The character is well written but far from the best.

RasenDori
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
i hate itachi. and hes not the most supereist character out there ... neji is . and naruto is a good main character. who cares if hes an idiot, hes got heart and has dealt with plenty of strife. hes the type of guy that never gives up, and he changes others, thats a perfect main character to me. you can forgive his misgivings. itachi on the other hand is the boring "no one can beat me" type.

elmojo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:14 PM
there shouldnt be a main character at all, but naruto is fine i dont understand how can anyone hate naruto , hes just retardedly cool

what i dont like about itachi is that his character is extremelly cliche, there is always this bad guy who has the same qualities as itachi i'm not surprised tho because that type of character is appealing to most people but i'm totally not interested in itachi as much as the organisation he's involved in, i'm so glad they finally revealed some of kakashi's past and I hope to see way more of neji in action this time around! and i wonder if there are any sound nin survivers BUT itachi to me is definately just another character, oricihimaru is way more interesting

and i think orichimaru could cream itachi in a battle once he gets sasuke's body, he killed a hokage! he has an incredible amount of jutsus and he has a medic ninja assistant HOW COULD HE LOSE itachi's eye is almost deteriorated, sure he could use it against orichimaru but orichimaru has always triumphed, he fought jiraiya without any arms i dont mean to glorify orichimaru that much but someone who would leave the akatsuki and then annihilate konoha and manipulate a whole village , is far more destructable than someone with a fancy eye i think itachi is kakashi's level, when kakashi faced orichimaru he was AFRAID

does anyone agree with that?

Konohamaru
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Itachi is a cliche character and most likey I see him doing something good in the end before dying. Naruto is another cliche main character in which he has a lot of heart. All main characters have heart and risiliance and will never give up. Sasuke is just power hungry fueled by anger towards Itachi.

Oro is my fave bad guy next to Zabuza but zabuza was just doing a job, I'm sure he isn't that bad of a guy as we saw in the end. Oro didn't kill the hokage by himself, in the anime it says without kimimaru, the battle would have been tougher. He also had his 4 sound nins, 5 at the time Kimi was well. Oro is just cool in a evil and sick way.

I don't think Itachi is on par with Kakashi. Itachi is near enough to Jiraiya's level. He ran away cos he was low on chakra because he had to use his mangekyou sharingan to get out of the tough situition in which he was in when fighting Jiraiya. Mangekyou seems to be a double edge sword technique. I can't wait to see what Oro has in store for the future and I wanna see who the leader is in Akatsuki and his intentions with the 9 demons.

Hotsuma
Thu, 05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
elmojo : You're pretty far off if you actually think Sasuke is going to be taken over by Orochimaru. Oro is on his last pair of legs now. His part for the rest of the story should slowly come to an end. Orochimaru is a jutsu-based ninja. And since Itachi can overcome any jutsu just like that, Oro is at an extremely big disadvantage. Itachi is also stronger than Kakashi. You can hate on him all you want, but that's all there is to it. Kakashi WAS afraid of Itachi. And the reason why he pissed his pants against Oro was because he did that weird eye thing where he paralyzes you with his killing intent, which is a lot stronger than Itachi, since Itachi didn't want trouble in the first place. I don't mean to defend Itachi or anything, but people need to get some things correctly. Itachi is stronger than both Oro and Kakashi. Oro even admitted to it, so arguing is pretty pointless. It also wouldn't make much sense if he was weaker, since he's a later villain, and he's been hyped WAY too much for him to be only as strong as Kakashi.

Everybody in Naruto is a cliche character. Naruto is the typical main character type with plenty of heart, lots of trust, a nice guy, and of course, a lame hidden power. Sasuke is the type that wants revenge and seeks whatever means to get it. Sakura is the heroine. Even though she is strong now, when it's time to face Sasuke, she'll be right back to normal 12 year old Sakura. Orochimaru is a cliche villain, because he wants to become all powerful. The only thing remotely original about him is that he's into little boys. That's something you do not see in anime, especially shounen.

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Not saying much, Y, since Naruto itself is a one-dimensional series, predictable in every one of its whims.

yep, because we ALL saw gaara being captured, kisame confronting gai's team and itachi confronting kakashi's team coming...OMG so obvious

so what does that make you then?
a fanboy who just devoted 2 years of his life to a one dimensional series?

Sidnne
Thu, 05-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Itachi to me is very boring, so is the whole Uchiha storyline. I have the same interest in Sasuke and Itachi's relationship as I do in Sakura and Ino's relationship.

I don't like Itachi, but I don't dislike him either. I'm just constantly annoyed by all the Itachi fanboys who rant and rave about how awesome Itachi is when we have only seen him make cameo appearance's and he has fled from each fight so far. Sure we all KNOW that he did this and that at a young age, but I would like to actually SEE him do something cool and not just hear about it before I decide if he is a cool character or not.

Gaara WAS my favorite villian in the series, but I guess he isnt a villian any longer... so I can't say I have a favorite villian, nor am I really one to pull for the bad guys.

I think Naruto is a great main character because he is the type of character that many people can relate to as far as maybe not always being the best at something and wanting badly to be better, or growing up with a friend as a rival that you constantly competed with over everything. Or perhaps you were underestimated and looked down upon when you knew in your heart that you could succeed. And I think that is a big reason why the series is so popular.

kAi
Thu, 05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I find Itachi to be a little bitch.

I don't really like Itachi.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:08 PM
What Mut said.

Hotsuma
Thu, 05-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

yep, because we ALL saw gaara being captured, kisame confronting gai's team and itachi confronting kakashi's team coming...OMG so obvious

Because we all know that a 2-3 chapters will overlook everything else that was predictable, right? I mean, nobody knew Sasuke was going to turn bad. Nobody knows Naruto is going to be Hokage eventually. Nobody knew team 7 will turn into a sannin copy, right? Nobody saw Gaara turning good, right. Nobody saw the time change happening. Nobody saw Naruto becoming uber powerful, right. Etc etc. Let's face it, Assertn, buddy. We all saw it coming.

so what does that make you then?
a fanboy who just devoted 2 years of his life to a one dimensional series?

Yeah, me and just about everybody else here. Not that big a deal. No shame in liking a series, no matter how one dimensional or predictable it is. Though, my interest after the big time jump is starting to plummet considerably.

Anyways, the point is Itachi is a cliche villain/character, but when you realize what the type of series Naruto is, and compare it to just about... everything else that it fed us past 2-3 years, you realize he fits in quite well.

Btw, is that old Itachi thread still around?

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Because we all know that a 2-3 chapters will overlook everything else that was predictable, right? I mean, nobody knew Sasuke was going to turn bad. Nobody knows Naruto is going to be Hokage eventually. Nobody knew team 7 will turn into a sannin copy, right? Nobody saw Gaara turning good, right. Nobody saw the time change happening. Nobody saw Naruto becoming uber powerful, right. Etc etc. Let's face it, Assertn, buddy. We all saw it coming.

the only reason everyone saw the sannin/team 7 association coming was because of the hints in the chapter covers that kishimoto likes to make. i dont think a single anime-only viewer has guessed that sakura will train with tsunade yet.

And no, nobody saw gaara and lee showing up to fight kimimaro....the gaara thing was guessed but only because it was hinted at. If you're going to say that the storyline is obvious because of foreshadowing, then you might as well say that for practically any series.

ive seen far less correct predictions than you make it seem, but I guess if you want to point at something that happened in the past and say "oh yeah, i knew that was gonna happen", then it would be pretty hard to prove or disprove that.

Yeah, me and just about everybody else here. Not that big a deal. No shame in liking a series, no matter how one dimensional or predictable it is. Though, my interest after the big time jump is starting to plummet considerably.

I'd have to argue that the newest saga is one of the best so far...and you're the minority in your opinion, but at least you agree with my last point

Hotsuma
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:37 PM
the only reason everyone saw the sannin/team 7 association coming was because of the hints in the chapter covers that kishimoto likes to make. i dont think a single anime-only viewer has guessed that sakura will train with tsunade yet.

And no, nobody saw gaara and lee showing up to fight kimimaro....the gaara thing was guessed but only because it was hinted at.

I didn't know it was going to be at the Kimimaro fight that Gaara would come back as a good guy, but I think the majority of people here knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Personally, I would've wanted it to happen during the Akatsuki arc.

If you're going to say that the storyline is obvious because of foreshadowing, then you might as well say that for practically any series.

No, I'm going to say the storyline is obvious because of everything that was set up from the very beginning. The characters aren't anything spectacularly new, so you already have a general idea of what is going to happen. Shounen stuff for ya. It's just a matter of how and when certain things happen that leaves us in awe/disappointed.

ive seen far less correct predictions than you make it seem, but I guess if you want to point at something that happened in the past and say "oh yeah, i knew that was gonna happen", then it would be pretty hard to prove or disprove that.

Yeah, I haven't posted here since well... the Sasuke and Naruto fight, so I dunno what was predicted or not, but when I was around, people here had plenty of insight to at least get a clue of what was going to happen.

I'd have to argue that the newest saga is one of the best so far...and you're the minority in your opinion, but at least you agree with my last point

I tend to be the minority here, heh. But yeah, the new chapters aren't as great as say...the Zabuza or Chuunin (remember those golden days?) arc, but to each their own. I'd prefer we see how Team 7 operates without Sasuke around, and Akatsuki didn't reveal themselves one after the other. It's moving a lot faster than I am used to in Naruto, so it does take some time to get adjusted to. I just hope that Kishimoto doesn't pull out that gay ass level 2 crap he did with Sasuke.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 05-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Level 2 is the worst thing in Naruto, i mean he could have made Sasuke better without a cheap trick like that.

kAi
Sun, 05-08-2005, 05:29 PM
No, he couldn't have.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-08-2005, 06:41 PM
A large part of Sasuke' character is his lust for power. A 'cheap trick' is just what he desires...
The sparing of Naruto's life, and therefor the subsequent loss of easily aquired power, shows that hes not willing to do -anything- for power. Thats what Naruto was able to change in Sasuke. Thats the darkness he was able to pull him away from resulting in him never being completly evil. Just a dick... ....

He's willing to look like a girl for power... but not kill his best bud.

greateachermin
Sun, 05-08-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna get back on topic. I personally dont feel that Itachi is all that people make him up to be.
So far we've learn that he's one dumb kid. Why the hell would he kill his family and shit? But this judgement maybe a little too early. No argument that the guy has style, he is the same character as Kakashi, just on the evil side instead.
BUt I like Kakashi better because he has this uncaring boring attitude. But he gets serious when the actions happens. Thats why Itachi fighting Kakashi is a perfect battle.

Also, I like Naruto because I like characters with flaws. And he has all of them, what makes me like him is because even though he makes mistakes he stand up to them. Even in really life, myself or others are too weak minded to do that.

And also the other characters I like are Neji, Rock Lee, Shikamaru, and Kabuto. I dont really like any of the sand ninjas. Actually I like Sakura too, people may flame me, but I think she makes a really good comic relief. Ninja wise she is completely useless. But from the Chunnin Exam and the Academy Arc, Sakura was so funny. I missed the Inner Sakura.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Itachi's a pretty good character. He's so....cold. It's like, he runs around with no outburst. His voice is always level. He's so efficient, and as a good ninja should, he knows when to run, and does run, even though he can still secure victory. You could die from frost just standing in his presence. One of the best bad guys ever.

Naruto is potentially a good character. If he changes his fighting tactics, he'll be awesome. His mentality is fine for just about everything except for fighting.

kAi
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:02 AM
he knows when to run, and does run, even though he can still secure victory.
He wouldn't need to run if he could secure victory, he knew he couldn't.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:30 AM
I really think that Itachi has become a minor side note in series. We've finally reached the Atsuki arc and there are at least 8 other members who we need some more details and character development. Plus we still don't know what the hell there trying to do. Honestly at this point I don't really care about itachi, I just want to hear some backstory on the other members. I'm really surprised, we've gotten a taste of what other members of the atsuki are capable of yet no one seems to want to become fanboys/girls and join their respective band wagons. I mean common we saw the guy with the clay molding hands nearly nuke the entire sand village. I godly as Itachi is I don't think he could take out an entire village in one blow.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
'well, judging by the sound 4, it's gonna be pretty much a waste of time to try guessing thier backgrounds, cuz most of them ain't gonna have none.
seriously, the sound four were supposed to be an akatsuki test drive, bad ninjas with lots of power, fighting off the good guys and wanking around some super jutsus and tactics, but instead we've got four assholes with ssj power ups and nearly no intellgence.

so far, my favorite akatsuki is venusflytrapbadassguy, He's name is zetsu or something, right? he's got the super vision and a decent haircut, and not to mention that he's the only person who didn't fight on his first appearence.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Ah crap. I really hope your not right about that but I'm afraid you might be. I really don't want the atsuki to be just another generic group of villains like the sound 4. Although then again the sound 4 didn't seem like they had much of a background. They were just a freakshow collection that were bound to orchimaro because of the their cursed seals. Kinda like the relationship an addict has with his dealer. Addict becomes dependant on the dealer because the addict needs the drug/power up to continue to fight/live normally. Over time drug/curse seal degrades the overall performance of addict/ninja. They become dependent on the drug/curse seal to perform even the most basic functions.

Thats why I'm at least hoping that the atsuki will be different. Maybe we'll get to hear some of their backgrounds. Like sasori's because if we weren't what is the point of having the grandma come along with team 7?

Itachi_y2k5
Mon, 05-09-2005, 09:59 AM
what wrong with itachi, he could beat the crap outta naruto anyday, but he wouldnt be a good main character. chouji would if it was a work out program lol

RasenDori
Mon, 05-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
I really think that Itachi has become a minor side note in series. We've finally reached the Atsuki arc and there are at least 8 other members who we need some more details and character development. Plus we still don't know what the hell there trying to do. Honestly at this point I don't really care about itachi, I just want to hear some backstory on the other members. I'm really surprised, we've gotten a taste of what other members of the atsuki are capable of yet no one seems to want to become fanboys/girls and join their respective band wagons. I mean common we saw the guy with the clay molding hands nearly nuke the entire sand village. I godly as Itachi is I don't think he could take out an entire village in one blow.

are you kidding me?! ive been on the deidara fan club since he/she busted out with the giant bird! deidara owns all (except neji of course) anyways, i think we will see sasori development soon, but alas... i fear we will never see poor dei-chans past i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-09-2005, 10:50 AM
What makes you think we won't see Deidara's past? I think Kishimoto, despite recent failings, realize the importance of displaying character pasts. Well at least I'd like to hope so...

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by: kAi

he knows when to run, and does run, even though he can still secure victory.
He wouldn't need to run if he could secure victory, he knew he couldn't.

I doubt it. The mission he was on when last we saw him was to retrieve Naruto. He ran because he didn't feel the need to fight a titanic battle against Jiraiya when other opportunities would arise to capture Naruto. He didn't run necessarily because he didn't think he could come out victorious, but because the risk wasn't necessary. He won't be running anywhere this time because the risk is necessary, he's defending a fort. Protecting their jutsu. He doesn't have a choice.