PDA

View Full Version : Are you a freakin' musician?

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Do you play any instruments?
Which ones if so?
Been part of a band? Etc...

I've been a part of many not-so-serious bands as a vocalist. Unfortunately I can't really sing so I'm picking up the drums now (that's my real passion). My aim is to play 'em side-by-side with school and then hopefully get some sort of career goin'... if I can't I'll fall back on my school stuff. Yeah.

Itachi_y2k5
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:37 AM
I play Guitar i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif, i was in a band but i left cos we didnt do anything i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Deblas
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I play the drums. Some guys want me to join their band but until I get better (been playing for a year and a half only) and get some cases to put the drums in, I decline.

SK
Wed, 05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
i whistle.

Turkish-S
Wed, 05-04-2005, 02:13 PM
i sing in the shower -.-

yallo
Wed, 05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
i play the violin...
used to be in a youth orchestra... and played in an amateur orchestra for a while
hoping to continue after i graduate...

Xollence
Wed, 05-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I play the drums and piano, no good at either of them though. :-/

anime050
Wed, 05-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Heh, I play the guitar. Been playing for about 3 years now.

Never been in a serious band though. I've made a song with my friends, but that's just about it.

stos289
Wed, 05-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm a percussionist myself (drums basically). I play in my school band, a Wind Ensemble, and some all-county bands. I've been playing drums for about 6 years now and I'd say I'm pretty good. I play drum set too and I'm pretty good at that also. Haven't been in any "real" bands, but if someone asks, I'll be willing to offer my services.

NM
Wed, 05-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I've played the piano for a couple of years but then stopped (been way too busy with school). It was fun, but I really wanted to get into playing the guitar or the drums.

Deblas
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by: stos289
I'm a percussionist myself (drums basically). I play in my school band, a Wind Ensemble, and some all-county bands. I've been playing drums for about 6 years now and I'd say I'm pretty good. I play drum set too and I'm pretty good at that also. Haven't been in any "real" bands, but if someone asks, I'll be willing to offer my services.

What drum set do you have. I have a Tama swingstar. I wanted a rockstar custom with the starcast mounting system but It was too expensive. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Though when I get better, I'll get a starclassic maple YAY! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Bass and guitar, but I'm pretty crap at both (especially at guitar as I've been playing bass more until recently). I don't understand musical theory at all which is probably part of the reason, I just use tabs from the Internet...guitar is a cheap (though expensive by my standards i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ) vintage les paul copy and the bass is also by vintage, I think its probably a fender squire style copy but I'm not sure...just got a distortion pedal so I'm gonna start playing more often...

Kenshiro
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Guitar

Been in loads of bands. This is the current one

www.tfgconspiracy.com

We are kind of lame indie stuff. Id prefer to be in a metal band but every time I try to put one together I just get a bunch of retarded angry 14 year olds auditioning.

stos289
Wed, 05-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by: Deblas
What drum set do you have. I have a Tama swingstar. I wanted a rockstar custom with the starcast mounting system but It was too expensive. Though when I get better, I'll get a starclassic maple YAY!

Eh, I have a crappy 500 dollar Groove Percussion set. I replaced it with some decent quality Sabian hi-hats, a Zildjian crash, a nice new Evans head for my snare (Powerstroke series), and I think a Tama bass drum pedal. I was going to get some better stuff...just haven't played set for a while so I haven't bothered.

basey44
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:47 AM
yea i play guitar, been playing for probly about 8-9 years, im alrite i spose. was in a band (lol there should be a pic of it floating around the forums somewhere in an old post ur photo thread) but the lead singer only wanted to play greenday and blink 182 covers i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif so the rest of us left him and ended up doing nothing

Itachi_y2k5
Thu, 05-05-2005, 09:53 AM
@Swallow Your Soul - Whoa Pricey i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

lol yeah greenday and blink 182 suk if u listen / play them to much

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
^ Heh, yep, as far as local prices go they were both amongst the cheapest in the shop...they're probably gonna fall apart any minute now...when I'm a bit better I might save and get a better bass though (5 string preferably - half the bands I listen to these days seem to use them which kinda sucks...)

kooshi
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Played piano for a couple of years and the violin for 7 years. After that, I just completely stopped playing music.

Zoels
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I play drums. check out my band at www.sumary.net

I just recently replaced a drum machine, so all the recordings dont include me. but if you watch the "live jam video", thats me.

also check out www.myspace.com/sumary

KitKat
Sun, 05-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I play piano, and bass guitar. I was sort of in a metal band a couple years ago, but our 'practices' never got past random jamming, and we couldn't think up a good band name.

TwisT
Sun, 05-08-2005, 06:12 PM
I played "Block-flojt" when i was little.. ^^

I dont know what the english name for it is (i'm trying to find out but if anyone here knows, plz tell me)

"Block-flojt" = Well to direct translate it it becomes "Block-flute"..

Turkish-S
Sun, 05-08-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah i know that thing. it make's an horrible sound. a guy in my older class played it 2. he was 14 -.- . after he telled us he got bullyed to death.

TwisT
Sun, 05-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Well i did it when i was 7 (first class) for 4-6 month, then i thought it sucked and started on the mandolin for 3 month, untill i came to the conclusion that instrument like those was nothing for me.. And because of fucked up childhood (we wont go in closer on that now), i could not start with my life long dream of playing gitarr..

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 05-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I play guitar and have been playing for some time now, but I didn't get real serious until about 7 months ago. I can now play a bunch of stuff from guitar tabs like most tool songs, some metallica songs, most pumpkins songs, and I have a decent repertoire of classical pieces. I can play some solos but I need practice to be able to get them down in a not ridiculous amount of time. I'm training in classical guitar technique, rationale being that if I can play classical guitar, I can play anything. I'm also studying theory. Unfortunately I don't have the time to practice like I would want to, but the summer is coming soon, so I'll be devoting something like 4-5 hours a day. I can't wait! For now I have to settle for 2-3 hours a week, and usually condensed on the weekends. :/

Zinobi
Mon, 05-09-2005, 12:21 AM
i play the drum set so far no bands was in the school band thing hated it then i guess somguys at my school wanted to start a band but ended up not doin it so yah i might get a band started later when i move back to washington