PDA

View Full Version : Honey and Clover

Munsu
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:54 AM
This looks like a good drama and romance type of series... should pick the interest of many of you

"Based on a manga with the same name.

Takemoto Yuuta, Mayama Takumi, and Morita Shinobu are college students who share the small apartment.
Even though they live in poverty, the three of them are able to obtain pleasure through small things in life.
One day, their teacher Hanamoto introduces them his cousins daughter, Hagumi.
She is so small and so cute that Takemoto and Morita fall in love at the first sight.
They begin to make approach to her, but Takemoto cannot express his love very well, and Moritas expression is too euphemistic to understand.
Interlacing their emotions, time passes without her noticing their love.
On the other hand, Mayama loves Rika, an architect designer, although she still loves her late husband who died in a traffic accident.
As Mayamas love toward Rika is grows, he notices that his classmate, Yamada Ayumi, loves him. "

Episode 1 Out by ANBU-Solar (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/Honey%20%26%20Clover%20-%2001%20%5BAnbu-Solar%5D%5B6F1967BE%5D.avi.torrent)

Rocktar
Mon, 05-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Just finished the first episode and what a refreshing story, very uplifting. The music is great also, I cannot wait until the OST comes out. This is exactly what I need at the moment. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

anime050
Wed, 05-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I really liked the humor in this one, The animation isn't too bad either.

But, was just me... or were the opening scenes really fucked up?

Mae
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
I just started this series, and I've got to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Recently the romantic type series released have been pretty awful IMO. A lot are based on dating sim games (Maybe aimed more at guys? Do they like this stuff? Or maybe just aimed at the ones who played the games, I dunno. Watching them is like eating a bowl of syrup, ugh). The female characters are terrible, just don't appeal to me.

Anyways, this was surprisingly good, nice mix of comedy and drama, not your usual harem series. I like Morita and Mayama the most, but all of the charters are decent. Even the chibi has hidden depths. So is anyone else following this?

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
When I first heard about this series, I saw "slice of life" listed as the genre. That didn't appeal to me at all, but ANBU was doing it jointly with Solar at the time, so I watched the first eps. The animation style isn't something I was too keen on either, but I watched it anyway.

Suprisingly, it's one of the best series I've been watching this summer. The only problem with it is that the "main character" really doesn't have all that many eps that focus on him, then again, he doesn't do enough to merit it.

My favorites are Morita and Yamada (the eps she first appears in is what got me securely hooked on the show).

I kinda fell behind watching the eps after 13, but I'm wondering how it will all turn out.

dark maginn
Thu, 08-25-2005, 04:28 PM
this series isnt that bad the animation is nice

wuhoo96
Fri, 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM
H&C is fantastic. It strikes you in a few different ways. There is a surprising depth to this show and there is plenty to relate to.

As far as characters go, Takemoto is my favorite.

Munsu
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Live-Action announced for Summer 2006

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7317

"It was announced last week in the entertainment section of Nikkan Sports that a live-action movie of the popular shoujo manga and anime, Honey and Clover, is going to be made. Sakurai Sho (23), member of the popular J-Pop music group ARASHI, will play the lead male role as Takemoto Yuuta.

Aoi Yuu (20), Iseya Yusuke (29) Kase Ryo (30), and Seki Megumi (19) will join Sakurai as the five main characters of Honey and Clover.

Masahiro Takada, a commercial advertisement director, will direct. This is his debut as a feature director.

The movie is scheduled to open to the public in the summer of 2006.

Thanks to Violomana, GacktSamaChachamaru and Jennie for this item."

Mae
Tue, 08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Very cool. Now, how will I get my hands on it?

I've been watching some more of the series, and it's still really good. The twister scene was hilarious.

Munsu
Sun, 12-18-2005, 04:57 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm planning to in the near future...

I just wanted to say that I read somewhere that the series doesn't seem to end on episode 24, I think the last two episodes will come out with the last DVD when it's released in April 2006 or so...

Fiss240
Wed, 01-18-2006, 03:57 PM
H&C special just came out

http://a.scarywater.net/c1anim...807CEDD%5D.avi.torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/%5BC1%5DHoney_and_Clover_-_Special_Chapter_L%5BXviD%5D%5B5807CEDD%5D.avi.tor rent)

Definatly one of my favorite non-action anime series of all time. Morita loves money, but I love Morita.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 05-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a fansub of the Live Action Honey & Clover. Yes, Morita does rock, he deserves his own anime.