PDA

View Full Version : Rules Guys Wish Girls Knew

SK
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Rules that guys wish girls knew

1. If you think your fat, you probably are. Do not ask us. We refuse to answer.

2. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.

3. Do not cut your hair, ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair.

4. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect gift yet again.

5. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

6. Sometimes we are not thinking of you. Live with it.

7. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss topics such as navel lint, the shotgun formation, and monster trucks.

8. Sunday = Sports. Its like the full moon or changing of the tides. Let it be.

9. Shopping is not a sport, and no, we will never think of it that way.

10. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really!

11. You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.

12. Crying is blackmail.

13. Your ex-boyfriend is an idiot.

14. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one, subtle hits do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!!

15. No, we don not know what day it is. We never will. Mark anniversaries on a calander. Remind us frequently before hand.

16. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be good at choosing which pair (out of thirty) would look good with that dress.

17. Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

18. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

19. Check your oil, Please.

20. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an arguement. In fact all comments become null and void after 7 days.

21. If you won't dress like the victoria's secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

22. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one way makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

23. Let us ogle. We are going to anyway, its genetic.

24. Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out!

25. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If yyou already know how to do it best, just do it yourself.

26. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

27. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

28. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it.

29. All men see in only 16 colors. Peach for example is a fruit not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

30. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

31. We are not mind readers and never will be. Our lack of mind reading ability is not proof of how little we care for you.

and last but not least..........

32. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing is wrong. We know you are lying, but it's just not worth the hassle.

PSJ
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:42 PM
haha those are good, and most of them true to. i think i've read them before

EDIT to below posts: thats why i recognized them.

2:25
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Hahahaha, I got this in an email once.
And number 3 is so right. Why do guys like long hair anyway?
My boyfriend freaked when I got my hair cut short.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Because long hair is sexier. Trust me, I know!

Souryusen
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Man, even funnier this time than the two previous times! (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=12817&highlight_ key=y&keyword1=rules)

Not that I can blame you for not searching for it.

Assertn
Sun, 05-01-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah, this has been done before........

and i like shorter hair better than longer hair

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Short hair is similar to bleu cheese. At first glance when you encounter it, it seems repulsive and ugly. As you spend more time around it you become used to the ugliness/ bitterness and then it beomes attractive. That is how I see short hair. It's so ugly upon first impression but it becomes much more attractive as time passes and you get used to it.

Assertn
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Short hair is similar to bleu cheese. At first glance when you encounter it, it seems repulsive and ugly. As you spend more time around it you become used to the ugliness/ bitterness and then it beomes attractive. That is how I see short hair. It's so ugly upon first impression but it becomes much more attractive as time passes and you get used to it.

um no lobstermagnet, sorry.....

http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.com/images/short4.jpg
http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.com/images/short22.jpg

the second one might a little on the bleached side, but still good. My favorite style is this short black-haired one i see alot, but dont have any pics of it at the moment....but anyway.....
find long hairstyles that beat those

i find shorter styles to be much more attractive than long. Its a much cleaner and more mature look IMO.
Not to mention that long hair just gets all over the place and is annoying

Kardiva
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
hmm....short hair or long hair? it all depends on the face, some girls look better with long hair, and some look better with short. it's not like all guys look cool with bald heads or with long hair or even with short hair. i would say that on average most girls look better with longer hair, you've gotta have some skills to pull off the short hair look...and some sweet highlights or something

Mut
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Just admit it, assertn. You like short hair cuz guys have short hair. And you like guys.

hehe.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I prefer short hair too. Not too short, about neck-shoulder length. Long hair just gets messy.

Mae
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:25 PM
These rules things always come across to me as really whiny, but in the interest of extreme boredom I've made my own version. Surprisingly little to edit.

Rules that girls wish guys knew

1. If you think your fat, you probably are. Do not ask us. And no, you do not have abs

2. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big boy. If it's up, put it down.

3. Do not cut your hair, ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair.

4. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries require gifts. They dont have to be nice, they dont need to be expensive, just try to make the effort, k?

5. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

6. Sometimes we are not thinking of you. Live with it.

7. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss topics such as anime, gaming, or the relative merits of the different martial arts schools. (well, ok, this one might just be me)

8. Sunday = Sports. Please sit on the couch and let us go out with our friends. Order out for pizza cause were not cooking.

9. Shopping is not a sport, its tiring and it sucks, but if we have to deal with it you will have to too.

10. When we have to go somewhere, would it kill you to put on something decent? A shirt with buttons, at least?

11. You do not have enough clothes. You have do not have enough shoes.

12. Crying is blackmail. Even if youre just trying to score.

13. Your ex-girlfriend is an idiot.

14. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one, subtle hits do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!!

15. Keep your own calander. Mark the important dates. Its not that hard. Do you expect us to do everything?

16. Three pairs of shoes are not enough. Especially since theyre all disintegrating athletic shoes.

17. Yes and no are ok, but every once in a while youre going to have to elaborate. Deal with it.

18. Come to us with a problem only if you want advice. That's what we do. Maybe a little sympathy, were not heartless.

19. Check the oil, Please.

20. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an arguement. In fact all comments become null and void after 7 days. (Im ok with this one)

21. If you won't occasionally act like soap opera guys, dont expect us to dress like the Victoria's Secret girls.

22. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one way makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

23. Let us ogle. We are going to anyway, its genetic.

24. Ok. I have no idea what this one is supposed to mean. Genie?

25. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know how to do it best, just do it yourself.

27. Were sick of wandering around in the car aimlessly for hours. We have better things to do. Either ask for directions or let us drive.

28. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it.

29. All men should wear primary colors. Peach is not good, mauve is not good. And stay the hell away from purple.

30. If it itches, scratch it. Just not in front of my mother, ok?

31. We are not mind readers and never will be. Our lack of mind reading ability is not proof of how little we care for you.

and last but not least..........

32. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing is wrong. We know you are lying, but it's just not worth the hassle.

Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Okay, this is a bit of topic, but short hair is so much lighter, like seriously.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i find shorter styles to be much more attractive than long. Its a much cleaner and more mature look IMO.
Not to mention that long hair just gets all over the place and is annoying
And yeah, short hair usually make women look older, same as wavy.

http://img207.echo.cx/img207/6555/shorthairstylebangs9ly.jpg

Originally posted by: Mae
24. Ok. I have no idea what this one is supposed to mean. Genie?
I think 24 means "Don't make us horny, if you're not willing to go far."

29. All men should wear primary colors. Peach is not good, mauve is not good. And stay the hell away from purple.
Some guys look really hot in pink O__O

Mut
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:38 PM
You're a big girl, put it down yourself.

9. Shopping is not a sport, it's tiring and it sucks, but if we have to deal with it you will have to too.
Wrong.

11. You do not have enough clothes. You have do not have enough shoes.
No. No guy needs more than 3 pairs of shoes.

16. Three pairs of shoes are not enough. Especially since they're all disintegrating athletic shoes.
Fuck that. My Jordans are more precious than your manolo blahniks.

19. Check the oil, Please.
No, do it yourself. We're not your fucking mechanic.

We don't want to talk to you when we're watching tv.

27. We're sick of wandering around in the car aimlessly for hours. We have better things to do. Either ask for directions or <u>let us drive</u>.
hahahah that's a good one.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:43 PM
This discussion will under no circumstances end well.

Mut
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:48 PM
It'll only end when women realize that nobody gives two shits about their irrational, feminist ideals.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:59 PM
^_^

Sometimes you are an adorable little piece of wise toast.

badass
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

That's just because you belong to both genders.

Mae
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

LOL, true. IMO everyone wants the same thing from a relationship (love, companionship, someone to whatch your back when you're dealing with all the crap that life throws at you). This kind of stuff is just an excuse for some silly gender-bashing (Except for the part about men with long hair. That is definately true ;p). And that's all I'll say about that.

To Young
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Sunday = Sports. Please sit on the couch and let us go out with our friends. Order out for pizza cause were not cooking

we know

Thank God for pizza. Otherwise, men may have gone extinct in USA, due to eating of tastless food.
It is worse than poison, at least poison kills faster.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Not if the guy wants to urinate. Only losers urinate sitting down.

intense
Sun, 05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
so you're calling girls losers? (i aint a girl)

Board of Command
Sun, 05-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Umm...that was quoted from the Girls-&gt;Guys list, so naturally it only applies to guys.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 05-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Gosh, Mut@t@, u sure are hilarious. I forgot, was it you with the caveman look or was it BOARD of command.

But I'd like to hear things the Girls wish Guys knew. Not some cheap loser way of trying to sound smart or funny like 2-25.

But Mut@t@, I've been listening to all your discussions/arguments, and you really are quite good at using words.

Mon, 05-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by: lilphatboi88
But I'd like to hear things the Girls wish Guys knew. Not some cheap loser way of trying to sound smart or funny like 2-25.

Cheap? Trying to be smart and funny? Who the fuck is trying? Either support your statement or apologize.
Here's one: knowing when you are being an ass.

I'm a loser maybe to you. But so what? What's wrong with being myself?
I don't care that you don't like me, but I feel that I don't deserve to be insulted.

complich8
Mon, 05-02-2005, 01:58 AM
@lilphatboi88: I'm the caveman. Or viking. Or whatever. I'm hardcore like that. For added hilarity, despite my ~30 inch hair, I like certain short haircuts on certain women. They've gotta have the right face for it though ... some women just don't "work" with long hair. Just like I don't "work" with short.

in other news .... there need to be more women around that occupy their minds with things other than clothes, shoes, distorted self-images and relationship drama. In fact, I have to say that I could totally live without ever hearing any of that crap again.

And I guess there should probably be more guys around that aren't obsessed with drinking and their pimped-out cars and whatever the latest fashion trend is. I swear, I know guys who are more concerned about clothes than ANY woman I've met. Including women who do nothing but design and make clothes!

Assassin
Mon, 05-02-2005, 03:22 AM

first of all dude, we arent here to help u with dating and give u hints on how not to be a prepuescent kid.

second, wtf r u smoking? cheap loser way? she made liek 2 comments neither of which were intended to make her sound "smart" or "funny".....its a forum, incase u haven't realzied it. ppl make posts, and reply to otehr ppls posts.

lastly,

hmm, whats that word im looking for? oh rite.....PWNED

edit:

lilphatboi88, drop by the irc channel #gotwoot in rizon. muts tehre all the time, u can tell him how big of a fan u are of his discussions

Mon, 05-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Thanks Assassin. Much appreciated.

I'm one of those people who strongly believe that I should stand up for who I am and what I believe in. Maybe some of you will think that I'm being too sensitive, but I'm upset. Even if you've just met some stranger on the streets, you wouldn't say something so rude without a proper reason.

complich8
Mon, 05-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by: 2-25
I'm one of those people who strongly believe that I should stand up for who I am and what I believe in. Maybe some of you will think that I'm being too sensitive, but I'm upset. Even if you've just met some stranger on the streets, you wouldn't say something so rude without a proper reason.

seconded.

I wonder where that sort of shoulder-chip came from. I make it a point to ignore people like that, especially on the internet.

"Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life or have been mistreated. But [...] some of them are ... just ... jerks" (a cookie if you get it).

basey44
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:45 AM
lol i know i know, its the elephant guy in the simpsons wen they get rid of stampy

is it chocolate chipped? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif yumm

Kardiva
Mon, 05-02-2005, 12:20 PM
yea truth to that. people like that need to just keep a web blog or something just to air their bad feelings out, not a forum. at least he's not sending you hate emails with little mean smileys i/expressions/devil.gif

KitKat
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Just for the record, I officially owned 3 pairs of shoes up until a few weeks ago: my running shoes, my sandals, and a pair of flip-flops for wearing around the house and such. Then I had to buy some girl shoes, cause I was maid of honour at my friend's wedding, and she didn't think that my running shoes would go with the dress. And so I had to go shoe shopping, and it was brutal and terrible, like no other kind of shopping can be. I swear that every single pair of shoes I tried on was designed to kill me, or else squish my feet into some unnatural shape that they didn't belong in. On top of that, most were hideously ugly, like on the order of roadkill covered in sequins. Anyways, I finally found a pair that were acceptable, but I spent most of my time wearing them trying not to fall. And I resented not being able to take more than small mincing steps. I tried running in them, but with disastrous results.

Oh, and @ 2-25: You're absolutely right, that remark towards you was totally uncalled for. By far, your posts have been thoughtful and contributed to the discussions you posted in. Don't let one person ruin your experience here. Us girls need to keep posting so that this forum doesn't get completely overrun by guys i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:15 PM
It's already 99% overrun. i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

lilphatboi88
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that 2-25. I guess I need to use my words better. But I don't know, it was kind of smart-alec, I don't think the same rules apply to the girls as they do to the guys.

NO OFFENSE IN ANY WAY, I DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES, IT'S JUST THAT I WAS READING SOME POSTS AROUND BETWEEN ARGUMENTS AND I GUESS I CAUGHT ON.

SK
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:19 PM
you sound like more of a tom boy kitkat.

Kardiva
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:38 PM
tom boys are cool though. the world is already over run by girlie girls...and GOTHS

KitKat
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a tom boy. I'm an engineer. Engineering girls are in a category of their own. We tend to be more logical than typical girls i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Raven
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
You're one of those types who concentrates on study and forgets about trivial things like ... shoes. It's a good personal feature.

Deblas
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:07 PM

Cheap? Trying to be smart and funny? Who the fuck is trying? Either support your statement or apologize.

I don't care that you don't like me, but I feel that I don't deserve to be insulted.

Give him a break. He is multilingual *gasp*

Deblas
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Give him a break. He is multilingual *gasp*

EDIT: To understand what I said. He was trying to show off in the GSD forums.

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
you sound like more of a tom boy kitkat.

kitkat likes to clean and cook

enough said

basey44
Tue, 05-03-2005, 12:00 AM
hahahah i saw that really quick and i thought it said

kitkat likes the cock

I wouldn't say I'm a tom boy. I'm an engineer. Engineering girls are in a category of their own. We tend to be more logical than typical girls

yep theyre drunker, man engineering parties rock so hard all people do in eng is party

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Deblas, Well, you were dissing an American guy by saying you are better because you are bilangual.

complich8
Tue, 05-03-2005, 03:13 AM
I love smart girls, and bemoan the relative dearth of them in technical majors around here.

I just finished a compilers class with absolutely zero women in it. None at all. Pathetic showing, that. I've never seen a CS class above the 100 level with more than 6 women in it (average CS lecture size is ~120). I've never seen an engineering class with more than 15 of ~150.

Kardiva
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:23 AM
you prob have to get that drunk sometimes just to deal with the pressure of being an engineer. plus smart girls are cool cause they make you feel secure. if you end up failing at life, then there will be plenty of smart girls (and smart guys for that matter) out there to pick up the slack.

Goingin
Tue, 05-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Smart girls are cool cause most of the time they know what u mean when ur talking about ur car i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Dirty girls are cool also, and i don't mean the sex-oriented dirty kinda way, but girls that don't mind getting into some dirty situations instead of worrying about their clothes or just cleaned peachy skin i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SK
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:16 PM
i dont know...i think girly girls are kind of cute for some reason.

Board of Command
Tue, 05-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I hate girlie girls. Annoying as hell, regardless of hotness or not.

Kardiva
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
i second that, some girls just need to let their hair down, and go out for a jog or something. i can dig that