PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Movie Discussion Thread

Y
Sat, 04-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Now that the sub is out I suppose it's OK to make this thread.

I found the movie to be superior to the two specials, but that isn't saying much. The opening skit was retarded. Nice designs on everyone (except for the dumbass wing contraptions). Sakura was (amazingly) not useless in this movie. Good production values overall.

Final scene was pretty lame. I laughed as Naruto used his gay rainbow Rasengan and the villain just looked like a moron spinning.

Mut
Sat, 04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
zZZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...

Only fight that was cool was the first fight and Kakashi's chidori'ing through the ice wolf.

Y
Sat, 04-30-2005, 07:32 PM
You're probably not happy because of how badly Sasuke got gimped in the ending.

I thought he had a pretty good performance overall.

Jman
Sat, 04-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey whats up with Kakashi and Sasuke doing that instant transmission? Anyways I enjoyed the film. The fighters from snow were pretty decent.

mage
Sat, 04-30-2005, 09:56 PM
all the battles were lame and had no depth, especially the last one. it seems like almost no thought went into this movie, though it is better than the shit festas.

Y
Sat, 04-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I also didn't know that Kakashi's sharingan functions as a date rape aid.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
I also didn't know that Kakashi's sharingan functions as a date rape aid

Very funny comment.

I just started dling the movie probably won't have it done for a quite a while. I'm surprised that most of you are disappointed, ever since I saw the snowboarding ninja I've had extremely low expectations for the naruto movie. My guess is that Kishimoto had nothing to do with the plot line so of course it's going to be completly craptacular. My expectations are even lower for the next movie. At least we get to see shikimaru and garra but thats about the only postive comment I can muster.

ChaosK
Sat, 04-30-2005, 10:57 PM
ur commenting on the movie b4 you've seen it? hey watch the movie b4 you bash it.

anyway this movie was pretty bad lol.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-30-2005, 11:38 PM
I read most of the animanga and watched the very humorous movie special. I know about as much about this movie as possible so I have right to pass judgement. Besides seems like everyone agrees with me. This movie is just a non-kishimoto related extension of the naruto franchise. Because it has no relation to the creator it sucks because it has no impact or relation to the core storyline. Naruto and his friends go on a generic adventure which they never speak of again. If the naruto series was filled with crap like this I would have stopped watching it long ass time ago.

I challenge anyone to come up with any anime series movie that has not turned into a craptacular excercise in brand extension and merchandising. I mean common robopower ninjas who snowboard. It really dosen't get much worse then that. Opps I'm sorry it does, especially when naruto has to go on an adventure to return a lost pet only to fight random knights for no apparent reason in the second movie. Yesh why not just send him to the future where he can power a giant battle mech with his kyubi chakra.

Crows_Kill
Sun, 05-01-2005, 12:32 AM
It wasnt too bad. It was alot better than either of the jumps festa's.
It really didnt seam like a naruto story though, it was more about the princess than it was about naruto or his mission. The plot twists were lame and anticlimactic. I was expecting more out of most of teh fights, but what was there was good. The animation overall was very good and the pacing was good.

One thing that irked me was the way it played with the technology level of the setting, which admitadly was never very well difined to begin with. But the transition between modern movie set to 18th century sailing ship was jarring. The kunai-cannon was cheesey, and impracticle, even by naruto standards.

As for the rufi-sharingan, its supposed to have hypnotic properties, so thats not that much of a stretch.

Aswith the other side stories, no character developement, even though it was hinted at in the trailers, it wasnt here. The other members of team 7 were strictly relegated to supporting roles, espicially kakashi, even though suposedly he was a central character to th story.

aS

Y
Sun, 05-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
I read most of the animanga and watched the very humorous movie special. I know about as much about this movie as possible so I have right to pass judgement. .

No, if you knew as much about it as possible you would already have watched the movie.

Besides seems like everyone agrees with me. This movie is just a non-kishimoto related extension of the naruto franchise. Because it has no relation to the creator it sucks because it has no impact or relation to the core storyline. Naruto and his friends go on a generic adventure which they never speak of again.

You mean, like the Wave Country arc? Oh, well it appears again in anime-only flashbacks, so I guess there's one big relation.

I challenge anyone to come up with any anime series movie that has not turned into a craptacular excercise in brand extension and merchandising.

I challenge you to come up with an anime, book, comic, or film that isn't made primarily for the same reasons. Japanese animation is an industry first and an art form a distant second. I somehow doubt Kishimoto's dream was to write a plucky coming-of-age tale about ninjas. He writes it because it sells.

I mean common robopower ninjas who snowboard. It really dosen't get much worse then that.

God, you can accept Naruto throwing a Kamehameha, Neji being able to see through the back of his skull, people creating living breathing clones of themselves in a gesture, and Konoha inventing the personal computer and television before gunpowder or automobiles, but wearing chakra-powered armor is too farfetched?

EDIT:

The anachronisms in the movie are consistent with the series except for the vehicles, which ARE jarring.

Maybe the continent Naruto takes place on is kind of a weird, isolated sector of the world that everyone leaves alone due to their fucked up chakra powers. That would explain their technology fluctuations - they only get trickle-downs from stuff imported illegally.

Having cars is a pretty big fuckup though.

Opps I'm sorry it does, especially when naruto has to go on an adventure to return a lost pet only to fight random knights for no apparent reason in the second movie.

NINJAS VERSUS KNIGHTS.

This is a bad idea to you? >i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EDIT:

I think the movie's main problem is that it reads exactly like a stock anime film script that could be adapted to fit any Shounen anime released in the past twenty years, and was badly shoehorned into the Naruto world.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:38 AM
oh well atleast it made me laugh and kakashi was doing some pwnage

?igma
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm just very sad that they cant put quality into a movie such as this. I had hoped some more strategic battles. Ones where you actually are amazed by the outcome. Instead we get the old fashioned , and I'm sorry for putting it up again, but what differces the series from the series DBZ, REALLY is exactly one and the same thing when you talk about the movies.

Position of underdog -> winner . Standard succes-formula.

Some of the "emotional" parts were nice to watch, animation didnt stink, so overall it made me a good start of my sunday morning, but damn, I had some hope for a Shikamaru style battle.

Y
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:51 AM
I hate the fact that everyone hypes Shikamaru's battles as intelligent, when really it's just that Kishimoto writes his opponents as bumbling morons who make random mistakes that Shikamaru just so happens to predict.

mage
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:07 AM
rofl i just watched that stupid end "fight", they made the guy just stand there while naruto runs 100 feet w/ his rasengan and then the badguy swings a punch and totally misses or some shit and naruto doesnt even try to dodge it. its like when someone swings their bat too early in a baseball game or some shit. what kind of lame ass fight is that? fucking joke.

edit: wait NEVERMIND. he fucking hits the clone which has no death animation at all, it looks like it just goes flying off the screen at 10000mph or some shit. even more half-assed than i originally thought.

and how come whenever the rasengan is used on a person they just go flying back instead of fucking exploding? retarded piece of shit writers.

Marks
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:59 AM
I was surprised when they used "real" flashbacks from the anime series.

Masamune
Sun, 05-01-2005, 12:00 PM
movie was allright , but the rainbow rasengan was abit over the top

kooshi
Sun, 05-01-2005, 01:25 PM
The movie wasn't good. Story was bad, especially about the princess changing her views because of Naruto's whining about "don't give up" crap. How many times have we heard that, I don't know, but I'm getting quite sick of it. It was interesting to see some new jutsu and some new tactics the team has. Even Sakura was somewhat useful (OMG!!) with her kunai/explosive note trap. Still, movie wasn't good.

skmanga
Sun, 05-01-2005, 01:36 PM
^ she didnt fully change her views she always wanted to be a good princess or whatever, all that spring crap, but after her dad died and all that shit happend she lost hope, naruto made it possible so yea

u guys complain so much about the series and shit but u continue to wathc it...

the movie was a big step up from the series animation wise, =/ they did have a lot longer to make it, and the flashbacks were there but they werent annoying

and yea the final battle with naruto was kinda crappy, it happend to quick same with kakashis sakuras and sasukes battle, they just ended to quick oh well
i still enjoyed wathcing the movie very much

hah and did u guys see after the credits fuckin funny

2:25
Sun, 05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I must say the movie was fairly disappointing. But at least I got to see Sauske and Naurto working together again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I like their friendship.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:21 PM
the final battle was too funny, i laughed really hard when he punched the clone, and then was send spinning

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Y the Alien: You mean, like the Wave Country arc? Oh, well it appears again in anime-only flashbacks, so I guess there's one big relation.

What the hell are you talking about? The anime dosen't have any flashbacks from the movie. Hell if you look at the anime time line there is no way that the events seen in the movie could have taken place since team 7 never gets the chance to reform after naruto learns the resengan.

I challenge you to come up with an anime, book, comic, or film that isn't made primarily for the same reasons.

Clockwork Orange, Animal Farm.

Japanese animation is an industry first and an art form a distant second. I somehow doubt Kishimoto's dream was to write a plucky coming-of-age tale about ninjas. He writes it because it sells

You may be right about this but that dosen't mean that brand extensions about naruto have to be completly unoriginal and derivitive. Take a look at what the Wachoski brothers did with the Matrix triology. When the second movie came out they had the release of a video game and anime DVD planned similtaneously. These two things were comercial products designed to generate revenue but the key difference between those two things and other examples of merchandising we've seen before is that they were directly related to the storyline. Not only did they provide an expanded view into the storylines of the movie but they also interwined seamlessly with the films chronology. You can say what ever you want about the actualy quality of the matrix triology but this was a genious move on their part.

Which brings me to my point about the naruto movies. The naruto world is a very broad universe filled with many questions. Why make a dumb movie that works against the already established chronology rather then make a movie that builds up opon the already established mythology. For example why not make a movie about the 4th hokage and dramatic battle with kyubi as he fought to protect the leaf village. Or why not produce a movie that details the great ninja war and show how the 1st hokage brought an end to it and formed the leaf village.

Assassin
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:57 PM
movie wasn't half bad....felt more like a double ep thne a movie...almost like a filler arc except ALOT better.

the only complain i have is that the battles weren't done right. the 2 snow ninjas who got owned by sasuke and sakura weere fine, but the last guy was kinda lame. they needed to go more indepth abotu him and kakashi....and what was teh deal with kakashi saving the young princess??? what the fuck was he doing in the snow country anyway? if it was a mission, then they knew about the rebellion ahead of time, but in that case, tehy wouldn't send just one ninja to protect teh royal family.

anyway, to all the ppl who say the ending was lame, i agree, but u have to remember the targeted audience for the movie was mainly of a younger age then the average gw member. if it was meant for 17-25 year olds, it would have a much darker story line. this was a feel-good movie meant for preteens/teens, and it worked well like that.

the animation was nice, and so was teh artwork, and i did really enjoy watching it. definately somethign i'll keep.

one thing i dont get...what's the deal with that machine? it changes teh weather AND projects holograms?? thats some fucked up technology for such a "primitive" world. major tech jump. they needed to explain that stuff better....and same with the armor and chakra device.

UchihaGenius
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I have one question. Will AonE cut out the Naruto short at the beginning of the movie like DB did?

maddogchen
Sun, 05-01-2005, 07:21 PM
what was the book the princess was holding at the end, after the credits. The book that Kakashi was so surprised about?

darkshadow
Sun, 05-01-2005, 07:27 PM
can som1 tell me what the title is of the song that plays in the beginning ( the 1 from the fuun movie) , or maybe even provide a link i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
This was so awesome. I cried many times and the story and action was unbelievable and...

</bullshit>

This was so fucking lame. I laughed when everybody died by the kunai showers. I'd rack down on every single scene in this god-forsaken piece of trash but you all know what I'd say already. I can't believe I was disappointed even though my expectations already were below zero. That fucking bitch, who should btw be gang-raped and spit upon until she commits suicide willingly, was like a grown-up female Inari... and Inari is the most annoying kid in any series ever (you know the little brat-fucker back during wave country arc). God, I wanted to kill her more times than I laughed at the pathetic script of this *insert something negative here*.

*waits for the sports special*

UchihaGenius
Sun, 05-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by: maddogchen
what was the book the princess was holding at the end, after the credits. The book that Kakashi was so surprised about?
That was the script for Come Come Paradise; one of Jiraiya's infamos novels.

maddogchen
Sun, 05-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: UchihaGenius

so she's gonna act in one of Jiraiya's perverted novels turned movie? huh?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Kaka
Sun, 05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
ok, this is gonna suprise alot of people but i really enjoyed it.

The fights werent all that but i enjoyed the story and how Naruto inspired the princess, its not often we get to see these 4 together so i enjoyed them going on a mission, Naruto was badass as usual, sakura was useful, sasuke was underused again =[

now for the bad parts i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

sasuke cracking the armour, i dunno, it just reminded me of the time he cracked that light saber, its been done =[

I liked how they threw alot of the moves in, most of sasukes moves were in this movie, despite him not being badass like in the series (sometimes) .

oh another bad point, hehe, im enjoying these, the rasengan, when they did the scene with the kunai shower, it was a little bit gory, now, why not make the rasengan mess the guy up abit at the end instead of spinning, the rasengan can vary a bit, when we first seen it jaraiya used it on a towns person and he spun like the villain in the movie did when Naruto hit him, i think its more to do with the intent to kill, Naruto hasnt yet killed anyone and and has only ever used the rasengan with intent to kill once, on kabuto, who used his techniques to heal fast etc.

overall i enjoyed the movie and i have a friend who saw the movie and is now downloading the series because he liked it, the movie will appeal more to people who havnt seen the series, and naruto's popularity will grow, maybe thats what they wanted when they made it =]

UchihaGenius
Sun, 05-01-2005, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by: UchihaGenius

so she's gonna act in one of Jiraiya's perverted novels turned movie? huh?

That's the assumption. Notice how excited Kakashi got when he saw the script?i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Maverick-DBZ-
Sun, 05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
LOL! A hentai would be funny lol!

The movie wasen't at all what I expected there were to many things that just didn't make any sence. I wish I didn't have such high hopes for this film. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif When movie 2 is released I'm going to have to wait for some reviews before I even watch it due this cheap naruto movie.

greateachermin
Sun, 05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
What i find interesting is that the contrast between the real naruto characters and the movie characters. Its like two different kind of anime. From this, i can tell that its not exactly Kisimoto who is involved in the storyline. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this movie for what it is, "A MOVIE".
I look at this movie on its own, if you compare it with the anime, ofcourse u'll be pissed because it doesnt stay true to the Ninja fighting/strategy spirit.
I dont understand why people would bash this movie completely, I think it is very emotional and interesting. Like how cute it is that Naruto keeps chasing after the princess, and in the end he wins her heart. This story kinds of reminds me of the story of Tsunade.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-01-2005, 11:20 PM
I duno, I rather liked it. At least, I liked the robo-armor ninjas. As stupid as that sounds when I say it out loud, I still liked them, and their powers and I liked watching them fight. Especially Sakura doing something, which is always nice.

But yeah, pretty much anything in the movie that wasn't about the battles I didn't like, and even the battles weren't in depth enough, but I still liked what little there was.

Y
Mon, 05-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet

What the hell are you talking about? The anime dosen't have any flashbacks from the movie. Hell if you look at the anime time line there is no way that the events seen in the movie could have taken place since team 7 never gets the chance to reform after naruto learns the resengan.

I was talking about the Wave Country arc, which is just "a generic mission that will never be referred to again" and was also the best arc in Naruto.

Clockwork Orange, Animal Farm.

I doubt that money wasn't a primary interest here. Orwell wouldn't have written AF if he thought no one would buy it. Maybe I just take a dismal view of creators, but I doubt any of them create their projects out of nothing but a vision and the goodness of their hearts.

You may be right about this but that dosen't mean that brand extensions about naruto have to be completly unoriginal and derivitive.

In this case it's almost certain. Kishimoto's full time job is writing his manga, whereas the Wachowski siblings have years in between films to create secondary materials (and are some of the most workaholic, obsessive creators in Hollywood). Since Kishimoto isn't going to take a break from writing to storyboard a film, the movie won't be made with his influences - and the creative team who makes it isn't going to write ANYTHING that might contradict later plot revelations.

Basically, unless more films are made after the series ends, nothing is going to be made as direct supplimentary material.

Turkish-S
Mon, 05-02-2005, 03:16 AM
hell yea this one sucked. It wasnt worth all the hipe. i just saw 2 weard thing's. is sakura realy helpfull. and why didnt sasuke use the sharingan??

tMrx8st
Mon, 05-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
This was so awesome. I cried many times and the story and action was unbelievable and...

</bullshit>

This was so fucking lame. I laughed when everybody died by the kunai showers. I'd rack down on every single scene in this god-forsaken piece of trash but you all know what I'd say already. I can't believe I was disappointed even though my expectations already were below zero. That fucking bitch, who should btw be gang-raped and spit upon until she commits suicide willingly, was like a grown-up female Inari... and Inari is the most annoying kid in any series ever (you know the little brat-fucker back during wave country arc). God, I wanted to kill her more times than I laughed at the pathetic script of this *insert something negative here*.

How bout stop all this bitching and moaning? Your watching this movie for free unlike some others in Japan. You guys don't know how to appreciate the things that you get in America, how sad.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-02-2005, 12:51 PM
How about hanging yourself?

I feel sorry for any japanese who paid to see this horseshit.

MiteGai
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Currently d/ling the movie though based on what I am hearing it doesn't even seem like its worth the bandwidth I am giving for it.

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I feel sorry for any japanese who paid to see this horseshit.

you don't see any japanese adults out there fuming over our Sponge Bob Square Pants in the US do u? So if we want to watch THEIR crappy cartoons and start frettin', what makes you think THEY care?

lilphatboi88
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
that's true, it ain't a waste of time to watch the movie. It's better than a Naruto episode and better than the special festas.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
As I don't understand a thing about what mr. Jeff From Misfit Department is trying to say, I'll just ignore him.

This movie still sucks.

Assassin
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: tMrx8st

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

</bullshit>

How bout stop all this bitching and moaning? Your watching this movie for free unlike some others in Japan. You guys don't know how to appreciate the things that you get in America, how sad.

err, appreciate? i do believe that in "america" ppl have the freedom to voice thier opinions.....whether u agree with them or not is ur own problem. i for example, liked the movie, but u dont see me bashing terra about it here do you? (maybe on the irc channel if i see him, but thats different) the only thing sad here is that you cant' respect somone elses opinion and criticism of an art form.

ps: since terra's a drunken transexual swede, the above comments may not necessarily apply to him.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM
The only thing that was good in this movie was when kakashi used Chidori on the ice wolf the rest of the movie was zzzzz.......

I know that its Naruto fav thing to say " i never give up" but he said that line 1000 times in this movie that it made the hole thing so cheezy,when he said "now thats a happy ending " or something like that in the end i was like what the hell.......

The people who made this movie doesnt know thier own fans cause most of us who would have choosen a naruto movie about the 4th or someone else important in Naruto world before this crap.

Y
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

The people who made this movie doesnt know thier own fans cause most of us who would have choosen a naruto movie about the 4th or someone else important in Naruto world before this crap.

I explained this away last page.

Aeon
Mon, 05-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Finally got around to watching it and I have to agree with the public it sucked. Only things I enjoyed was the ice wolf's, Sakura's new jutsu and of course Kakashi's chidori. Besides that I was pretty bored.

Mut
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm sure not if I posted in this thread yet, but I just wanted to say that this movie blew horse cock.

Snyprsite1
Tue, 05-03-2005, 02:19 AM
It is a movie. OAV and Movies are going to be a story all on thier own. They are not going to follow the linear ways of the manga and the anime so the story is going to avoid touching on it.

Things to expect when you see an anime movie or OAV. Less rivalry between main chars. A story that begins and ends within the video's playtime. All the moves from the show up to that point but nothing new. More eye candy effects and nicer artwork overall. No affect on the series at all. Less depth then the series, they want it to be good on its own, but it will not have the detail of an ongoing series so they have to keep things simpler.

All that said, I liked it. Why? Because it is Naruto. I would have liked to have seen it in the theater if I could. I did not expect it to be anything like the series to begin with so I didnt have expectations that were not met. I was a little surpised with thier increased focus on modern technology (the cameras, lighting, theater and vehicals) but that has been in the anime anyways so eh *shurgs*.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
aight, i finally wtched this movie and thought it was great. It sole purpose was to entertain, and in fact I was very entertained. I call bullshit on that chick flying, and the ending Rasengan was pretty lame, but all in all, expecially considering it wasn't tied into the plot of the show, it was enjoyable.

WingZero
Tue, 05-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Movie was good, not great for the movie to be great it needs to contain all the elements of a movie such as excellent fight scenes, excellent story. Yet it had neither, story was mediocre, and fight scenes were basic and short. People want to see in depth fight scenes such as more jutsus, and people don't want the story to focus soley on constant flashbacks of the princess. It was better than the Jump festas only because it was longer, yet the story was almost all dialogue. I dont know I would rate this with 2 and a half stars out of 5.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-03-2005, 04:32 AM
The Spongebob movie rules man, RULED!

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

I explained this away last page.

Yeah i saw but i wanted to say it too.

Now we can only hope that the next movie isnt as crappy as this one.

Psyke
Tue, 05-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by: Snyprsite1
It is a movie. OAV and Movies are going to be a story all on thier own. They are not going to follow the linear ways of the manga and the anime so the story is going to avoid touching on it.

Things to expect when you see an anime movie or OAV. Less rivalry between main chars. A story that begins and ends within the video's playtime. All the moves from the show up to that point but nothing new. More eye candy effects and nicer artwork overall. No affect on the series at all. Less depth then the series, they want it to be good on its own, but it will not have the detail of an ongoing series so they have to keep things simpler.

All that said, I liked it. Why? Because it is Naruto. I would have liked to have seen it in the theater if I could. I did not expect it to be anything like the series to begin with so I didnt have expectations that were not met. I was a little surpised with thier increased focus on modern technology (the cameras, lighting, theater and vehicals) but that has been in the anime anyways so eh *shurgs*.

I agree. It's a movie with lots of limitations if you think about it. They cannot do anything that would cause discrepancies in the manga/anime. No character would have any revelations or new jutsus/discoveries, etc.

That being said, I also felt the movie could have done more, but still it's not as bad as some say it would be. First the animation was much much better than the anime, and the newly added music was nice as well. The bad stuff: Kakashi story not explained, Sasuke did nothing against Doton, Naruto's Kyuubi being overly stong and dependable, etc.

basey44
Tue, 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
i wouldnt hope too hard if i were u, cos everyone knows it aint gonna happen

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Hehe i know that will suck most likely as this one but you can always hope for a miracel.

Aramis
Tue, 05-03-2005, 06:39 AM
it didn't have the things we like about the show...except great animation which is a default in any big hit anime movie.
yeah the eye candy is reason enough to watch it. while enjoyable it coulda been so much better

saeadeb
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:11 AM
*Gasp* ...Well, I managed to crack it...

The rest is up to you...

NARUTO!!

Edit: This is NOT better than a Naruto ep.

WTF was all that about Kakashi that went totally unresolved? This movie was brainless.

Psyke
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by: saeadeb

The rest is up to you...

NARUTO!!

That's something I would never expect Sasuke to say....... Where did all that pride go to?

Draon
Tue, 05-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Movie was decent for an OAV, Sasuke was were he was supposed to be..PWND! Naruto was almost back to his earlier days, and Sakura...wasn't a useless bag of flesh and was actually creative...something i doubt we will ever see in the Anime itself. Yeah the whole no explaination of Kakashi being there was annoying, the power ranger armor was abit fagtastic but the fights were decent enough if you ignored the shortness and gay armor. But it's one million times better then watching another flashback episode.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I like how everybody believes this movie sucks yet I'm the only one who gets shit for writing my opinion. It's tough to be popular.

Did I mention that this movie fucking sucks?

SeifeR
Tue, 05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: saeadeb

The rest is up to you...

NARUTO!!

That's something I would never expect Sasuke to say....... Where did all that pride go to?

Ya thats what i thought too, i didnt mind it, the movie entertained me, watching that guy get smashed by rasengan and sasuke's lion combo were cool

Natakasumo
Tue, 05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I feel that Naruto movie has too much shadow from the series... Everything about the movie was... WOW!! FInally Naruto has a movie.....other den that, its jus a good way for the producers to earn really big bucks in japan theatres...

It feels jus like watching an one-hour series w/o havin to wait for few mths before you get to know the end result...
(somthing similar to the Naruto Bridge epi)......And to make things worst, the 30min making of the movie is already one BIG spoiler... all anime host Moderators should hav that banned man!

But thanked GOD.... we're fortunate enough that we're watching this for free...

Psyke
Tue, 05-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I thought the making of the movie special was also entertaining...... at least we got to see the faces of the voice actors behind Naruto and gang.

a_odessey
Tue, 05-03-2005, 03:34 PM
i think it was half and half. more like 25/75. nah, it sucked. i just liked watchin the guy spin in circles and the ice wolf thing. i hope that after this movie the anime won't become like this. with rainbow chakra and crap.

SK
Tue, 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
it was entertaining somewhat, but the story was totally weak compared to the real naruto story.

Roko
Tue, 05-03-2005, 08:37 PM
just watched it. quite entertaining...at least the battle scenes were. Plot seemed quite weak..the usual theme of 'don't give up'. I liked the ice/snow jutsus, they were pretty cool. and also the rainbow rasengan and the computerized chidori.

WingZero
Tue, 05-03-2005, 11:12 PM
battle scenes were ordinary and plain. nothing fancy in the battle scenes except kakashi's fight.

Kagari
Wed, 05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
you guys suck. The movie was awesome, especially the music. The battles were cool, and there was even a part that blew my mind, when all the Samurai get wasted.

OmnislashXX
Wed, 05-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, i watched it and I have to say that it was actually pretty good. It seemed luke a Naruto filler episode, where they go on a mission. Somoene said that tis couldn't happen chronologically in the series, but I beg to differ, yeah it actually could. Naruto learned the Rasengan when he went with Jiraya to find Tsunade, but there was a period of time when the group was doing missions before they went on that mission to protect Idake.

The fights were short? Er... they were fighting the snow ninjas all throughout the movie. I thought the Sasuke/Sakura vs the Snow Ninjas in the forest was awesome. The only fight I thought was too short was the Kakashi battle at the end. (But yeah, it's a movie so, they couldn't reall have long drawn out fights anyway.) The ending battle with Naruto was was ok, I don't have any complaints about it.

Once again, it's all about how Naruto and how he influences the people in his life it's really quite interesting how Naruto can make people change. It never really left that theme from the series.

The movie was good, I give it a thumbs up.

neochu
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Rainbow Rasengan............

That ninjisu was the best example of a light ninjistu I could have ever expected. I would certainly expect a technoque of that element after that dude called a Darkness technique that wiped out Naruto's shadow clone army.
(I'll leave the japanese Translations to those who know them). Also the ending would have been appropriate given Naruto gave himself the main role in the apparent movie disguise through his stubborness. (you saw the director encouraging him) This is in the context of a person who does not understand japanese at that level yet
I'll explain in another post when nessasary

I too found Sauske's entrance/Exit dirng the last battle out of character (the only thing that would have justifed it is if he really got hamered by the villans chakra shield that would have rendered a chidori useless anyway.

I found all the new ninjistus very cool. Ice is a powerful element and who woulnd want a gigantic Nharwall whale as a companion. I'm totally convinced that thre are techniques to all 10 elemetns. The CGI work done with Kakashi's Chidori was amazing and it truly did show the full capablities of the chidori. Of course a rain of exploding tags cant be discounted either.

As for the plotline It was a typical naruto one. A basic misson Genocidal mainiac opreesive enemys. A to bloom princess disguised as a movie star needs to restore her kingdom. All done in a simulated movie frame. Givien that context the rest of the plot fits easisily

Of course it was not as heavy as the series nor was it as detailed but it was a movie and I enjoyed seeing the main characters getting a chance to "play" for a change did I mention that The sports mini feature had me in stiches.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Also, the Sakura Blizzard Technique ruled man. RULED!

neochu
Thu, 05-05-2005, 05:59 PM
sakura blizzard was the name of that move she used. Ok

Typical Sakura stunt using a blizzard of Exploding tags

Roko
Thu, 05-05-2005, 06:52 PM
well, at least she actually DID something.

dafu
Fri, 05-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Anyone could tell me how much movies of naruto there are? and if you could, please also type the title of the movies, that would be greati/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

hiddenpookie
Fri, 05-06-2005, 09:34 PM
pretty crappy

storyline: crap taste like sour milk
audio: yum
video: delecious. is there a take-out?
Overall rating: 7.5/10

Assertn
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:18 AM
so uh.....i kinda skipped a few pages, but did anyone notice the correlations between this movie and the filler saga?

lets see........an escort with a fear of fire........
some strange tool that is cracked by chidori and then destroyed by rasengan.......
sakura actually exhibiting some strength......

they both WERE out around the same time, weren't they?

Shadowthor
Sat, 05-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Is AonE subbing the movie?

JusDaMan
Sat, 05-07-2005, 10:06 PM
In the end do u know wat screen play script the actress was holding?!?!?! it is none other that COME COME PARIDISE!!!!!!!! ahahah thats y kakashi went all crazy and was like WOOOOOOOOO SQUISHY SQUISHY

jing
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:32 PM
The movie wasn't horrible.
The best parts was the train part where it shot out all those kunais, kakashi owning icewolf, and kakashi saying "OH SHIT".

Assertn
Sun, 05-08-2005, 12:28 PM
man....while kids over here are stuck watching "Finding Nemo," children in japan get to see massive death by kunai

Mae
Sun, 05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok, I finally saw it, and hey, it was alright. No great work of art, but there was decent animation, a decent amount of fighting, things blowing up, characters I like using their signature moves, drama (simplistic, I admit), comedy (mostly poor), more fighting, and, ummm... a happy ending. It was nothing special, but it entertained me for an hour and a half, and really that's all I wanted.

It seems like they took no chances with this one. Standard story, plenty of scenes calculated to appeal to the fanbase. It would have been more interesting if they had experimented a little (maybe a different animation style), but then again experiments can fail miserably, while this is pretty much a sure thing. Hopefully the next one will be better.

BTW, are there ANY movies based on established series that are actually good? The One Piece movies I've seen were crap. The Oh My Goddess movie was crap. I guess the last Inu Yasha movie was decent, but the earlier ones were nothing special.

Souda
Sun, 05-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I liked the art to this movie^^ the scenes reminded me of Spirited Away<3 Now if they had used that style for ep133, that would have been nice~

I don't think movie was meant to be some serious side-project for Naruto; there was a lot of weird stuff going on. ( i.e. Rainbow Rasengan. XD )

And that princess was a real bitch. : (

Hyuuga_Destiny
Sat, 05-21-2005, 04:56 PM
The Suiryuudan jutsu from Zabuza was kinda fast performed.
Zabuza took like a minute to do all the hand seals, Kakashi like did it in a second i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The fights were good, the rest... not i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tekkaman_Eis
Tue, 05-24-2005, 01:34 PM
(Unless I overlooked it) I noticed that Shadowthor's question (same as mine) was never answered. So I was wondering IF AonE is going to sub the movie. Now I know the rules say not to ask when an anime will be done. that's not my question. While yes I would prefer it be sooner or later, but I realize everyone has a life so I don't care when its done, I'm just interested in knowing IF AonE has plans of subbing it. If not then I'll go d/l one of the other versions (maybe give DB their second chance). Thanks.

Aliaz
Wed, 06-08-2005, 04:33 AM
I dl:ed AonE's version, but i cant get the subs to work.

Lostprophet8
Thu, 06-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
BTW, are there ANY movies based on established series that are actually good? The One Piece movies I've seen were crap. The Oh My Goddess movie was crap. I guess the last Inu Yasha movie was decent, but the earlier ones were nothing special.

The DBZ movies were far and away better than the series itself. I haven't seen all of the movies, but the ones I have seen were good.

wirm
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by: Lostprophet8

Originally posted by: Mae

The DBZ movies were far and away better than the series itself. I haven't seen all of the movies, but the ones I have seen were good.

I'd say that's only partially true. Many of the movies were rather repetitive and their endings were too cliche.

"I'll never give up, and therefore I will win"

kAi
Sat, 06-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Just watced the movie, and yeah it wasn't that bad.
I thought it would be alot worse.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-11-2005, 11:03 PM
i thought it was bad only because the fights didnt last long enough, sasuke and sakura killed off the 2 henchmen with a basic kunai with explosive throw and shishi rendan (lion combo) and all kakashi had to do was use raikri/chidori to attack ryouga and then a simple taijutsu move? i dont think he even used sharingan...and naruto's fight was...eesh.

American Hero
Mon, 06-13-2005, 12:41 AM
I can't say the movie was a disappointment because I expected a heap of shit and that's what was delivered.

Fudgeman
Tue, 06-14-2005, 11:22 AM
why are so many people saying theres no relation to the main story? IT RELATES KAKASHI if u guys didnt have alzheimers you would know that the movie said kakashi came from snow country

for you dumbass's out there

|<4|<45H1=5|\|0\/\/_(0U|\|7|2Y

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by: Fudgeman
why are so many people saying theres no relation to the main story? IT RELATES KAKASHI if u guys didnt have alzheimers you would know that the movie said kakashi came from snow country

Just shut up.

Assertn
Tue, 06-14-2005, 12:29 PM

actually............................
you're wrong.

Kakashi is from konoha.
The movie said that kakashi once had a MISSION in the snow country back in his anbu days

American Hero
Tue, 06-14-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm not sure which amazes me more: how incredibly stupid you are, or the fact that you spelled, "Alzheimers," correctly.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-14-2005, 10:48 PM

Kakashi is not from snow country as Assertn already said, he had a MISSION there when he was younger, somehow he remembers the princess and then she ended up being at konoha and all that crap... but i repeat, kakashi is not from Snow Country.

(How long has kakashi been able to summon dogs?)

darkshadow
Tue, 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
he was able since anbu at the very least

Rhanfahl
Wed, 06-15-2005, 09:10 PM
well, he was trained by the Forth and hung around Jiraiya a lot. So I'm sure he was exposed to summoning a lot since a youngin. But as far as "why dogs"? I have not a damn clue. Gai summons turtles, and only in totally useless fashions.

t Mrx8st
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:49 PM
i do believe that in "america" ppl have the freedom to voice thier opinions.

So did I. I voiced my opinion on how fucking stupid and unappreciative people are here in America. If you read closely, I didn't draw my attack onto Terra but to every one of you who are bitching and moaning about some anime.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Wow.

Way to bump a dead topic with your irrelevant grudges, loser.

t Mrx8st
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Yay some idiot behind a computer called me a loser, a way to boost up your big e-penis? Heh.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah that must be it.

Soooo how bout that Naruto movie??

Anyone here watch it twice?

Roko
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:33 PM
If you count watching most, but not all, of it yesterday in a snack shop that just happened to play it (DB's of course) on their tv, yes.

masamuneehs
Tue, 07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Roko where the hell was that snack shop?

I thought the movie was OK, nothing fantastic, just OK. I liked the opening part, sort of a tribute to those samurai films and being as cheesy as Power Rangers. And yes, I was shocked at how much Sakura did not suck in the movie. Then I returned to the series and immediatley started hating her guts again.

Roko
Wed, 07-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Santa Anita Mall in SoCal. The funny part was that about 10 people walked up and went "Hey! Isn't that Naruto!?" Really surprising how many people knew about it.

n_werbelow
Fri, 07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
I recently purchased the Naruto movie and it wasn't very good compared to the show or manga but it still wasn't that bad. The biggest disappointment was the dvd i bought. All the names of the character were in chinese or something ( i mean come on narutos name was purple mingram) and for the other stuff there weren't subtitles at all by. Taking up your challenge i thought that the escaflowne movie was a good movie based off a anime show.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Hahaha, you buy stuff when you could steal it for free.

Everyone point and laugh.

n_werbelow
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Hahaha, you like the cock

everyone point and laugh at the fag.

by the way when you steal, you normally dont have to pay

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Don't be mad at me because you got ripped off!

Vokalyzd
Sat, 07-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Fighting on the internet is like running the special Olympics..whether you win or lose..you're still retarded..
anyways back to the topic..I liked this movie..it actually had fighting and blood and whatnot. I'm so used to the fillers with all flashbacks and no fighting whatsoever..so I liked this movie a lot..I miss Team 7 =(..they need to be back together..so overall it was a decent movie..it wasn't tear rendering or emotional..it was what it was..an hour and 22 minutes of entertainment..I have to admit Naruto said " Blah blah blah i'll never give up" too many damn times and the princess was pissing me off..bitch..she shoulda been raped by Kakashi with his roofie Sharingan...but the snow ninjas were awesome..I like seeing new moves and fighting styles...the fighting SHOULD have been in more depth but at least there was some fighting..so overall..it wasn't a bad movie..I just wish the last scene was more eventful..but yeah..movie's free..if you really hated that much..err maybe Naruto isn't for you?

n_werbelow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Naruto and other characters talk like that all the time during the animated show. When Naruto's fighting Kiba or Hinata fights with Neji or even when Naruto is with the fifth Hokage (who is exactly like the princess if i may say so) so i didn't mind the whole part about Naruto saying he was never going to give up. It's his way of ninja lol.

Vokalyzd
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:10 AM
That's understandable but I swear..half of his lines are made up of " I'll never give up" speehes..it gets repetitive

n_werbelow
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:45 AM
I probably didn't notice because my subs were f'd up

Jman
Tue, 07-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Go >Here< (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/goods/movie_05.html) and Here (http://www.naruto.com/)

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:29 AM
AonE has released a DVD quality version of the 1st Naruto movie

If you missed it on the trackers you can find it here: (on our torrents page!):eek:

Naruto Movie 1 - DVD Quality - by AonE (http://gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE%5D_Naruto_Movie_1_%5BDVD%5D.torrent)

IFHTT
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:35 AM
AonE has released a DVD quality version of the 1st Naruto movie

If you missed it on the trackers you can find it here: (on our torrents page!):eek:

Naruto Movie 1 - DVD Quality - by AonE (http://gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE%5D_Naruto_Movie_1_%5BDVD%5D.torrent)
Sweet! Downloading right now. Thanks for the headsup.

BioAlien
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:25 AM
does the AonE release have the "Naruto Movie Intro Konoha Sports Festival"?
and when you say :

AonE has released a DVD quality version
does it mean that the release from DB is not DVD quality?

what is the tracker of AonE?

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 07:46 AM
BioAlien, someone else will have to answer those questions, as I didn't actually download this one (I'm busy getting Full Metal Alchemist) and I'm just reiterating what I saw

As for AonE's tracker.... http://gotwoot.net/wp-torrents.php
Seems to be a pretty familair site huh? :p

BioAlien
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:27 AM
fine then.. i will download it and watch it and compare to the DB release.. (ya i still got it... lol)

Jadugar
Tue, 03-14-2006, 09:54 AM
(I'm busy getting Full Metal Alchemist)

Is that the movie or the film?

BioAlien
Wed, 03-15-2006, 06:52 AM
i don't see much difference between DB/AniE release of this movie..

ChaosAngel
Wed, 03-15-2006, 07:23 AM
HI

I cannot use BT is there another way I could get tyhis movie?

Harima Kenji
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:01 AM
I saw the movie for the first time today, and besides the crappy story, predictable ending and all of that, it still was quite entertaining. It could've been a lot better, but as said before, it beats the filler eps and de OVA's anytime.
Maybe I liked it because it's been a while since I've seen something Naruto-related (I've stopped watching the series for a while after the scent-bug fillers).

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I like this thread because I wrote so true things in it when it was new.

This movie still blows.

Munsu
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:57 PM
HI

I cannot use BT is there another way I could get tyhis movie?
Learn how to use IRC, then go use the #animeone @ irc.rizon.net and use their bots.

xDarkMaster
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Thing is, BT is much easier to use then IRC.

drims
Wed, 03-15-2006, 09:08 PM
can any one give me the info on each naruto movie.. like the date it comes out in theaters, or its release date in Japan, maybe even a date it's expected to be subbed?

all help appreciated.

p.s. wow the naruto clash of ninja was alright for the 4 hours of game play you get out of the game :( :( :( :( : (

tali/spetz
Wed, 03-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I saw the first one a long time ago and I thought it was comparable to basically the Poke'mon movies. Story was better though, I also liked the armor they had. Overall its was pretty good in my opinion, but movies that of this genre you shouldn't expect failure in a movie or it loses its point kinda. Its not always predictable, its just the characters are predictable.

Anys Numero dos is looking promising to me... It better not pull a Poke'mon with it coming to theaters here... Cause think "naruto tards" on a scale of millions... Scary ain't it?

mage
Thu, 03-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Anys Numero dos is looking promising to me... It better not pull a Poke'mon with it coming to theaters here... Cause think "naruto tards" on a scale of millions... Scary ain't it?
promising? a guy in green knight's armor is one of the villains.

Cyan
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:55 PM

Ep. 101 - Trying to reveal Kakashi's face.

Though I don't remeber the episode, there is one quick mention of the movie in the anime, through speech not visuals however.

drims
Sat, 03-18-2006, 12:05 AM
@above. yea but episode 101 is a filler, or im pretty sure it is.

can any one give me the info on each naruto movie.. like the date it comes out in theaters, or its release date in Japan, maybe even a date it's expected to be subbed?

all help appreciated.

p.s. wow the naruto clash of ninja was alright for the 4 hours of game play you get out of the game :( :( :( :( : (

Any one have an anwser to the above quote???

Yukimura
Sat, 03-18-2006, 01:33 AM
I am also curious about the timing for the 2nd movie, I've seen a short clip that seemed to be Naruto but wasn't from anything i've ever seen in the show or the first movie. If there is a second movie I wanna know where I can find it if anyone has any info.

Munsu
Sat, 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Thing is, BT is much easier to use then IRC.
I guess you didn't read when the poster said: "I can't use BT".

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 03-18-2006, 01:07 PM
It's not that he can't use BT, it's that his lazy arse won't try.

Kraco
Sat, 03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I used to be unable to use BT. Back then my net connection went through a university firewall (and I obviously had no control over that), and the nazi firewall made it practically impossible to use BT.

djblingsingh
Mon, 03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
is hte sec movie out yet or is it still in production?

UChessmaster
Mon, 03-27-2006, 09:21 PM
the 2nd movie is out for some time, but is not on dvd yet meaning we cant see it yet